PDA

View Full Version : EA SPORTS Season Ticket Launches Today

cdj
08-02-2011, 07:05 AM
http://thegamingtailgate.com/images/misc/EASPORTSSeasonTicket.png

EA SPORTS is launching EA SPORTS Season Ticket (http://www.easports.com/seasonticket), a new subscription based service that will allow members to download full games early, a discount on DLC, free premium web content, and membership recognition.

Available starting today in the X-Box Live Marketplace, PlayStation Network Store and exclusive North American retail partner GameStop, gamers can purchase a yearly membership for $24.99 (or 2000 MS Points) that will allow them to download full EA SPORTS titles over three days before the full retail release. The games confirmed to be part of the program at launch include: Madden NFL 12, FIFA 12, NHL 12, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13, and NCAA Football 13. More titles may be added at a later date, but NBA Jam: On Fire Edition is confirmed to not be part of the program.

Beginning at 6 PM ET on the Friday before retail release, gamers will be able to download the full version of participating EA SPORTS titles. This download will remain active with full online features (except Ultimate Team) until 6 AM ET on release day and at that point the download will expire. Gamers will then need to purchase the game at retail to continue their experience. All in-game achievements will carry over to the retail version of the game.

EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers will receive a 20% discount on all DLC, including Ultimate Team packs, accelerator packs, gear upgrades, and more. They will also receive free premium web content available for the duration of the subscription. For example, non-subscribers will have access to a basic version of the FIFA Creation Center while subscribers will have access to premium Creation Center packs. Subscribers will be given visible membership recognition in-game and also on their EASPORTS.com profile.

The subscription is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Should Madden NFL 13 return to its normal mid-August release date, an EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscription purchased in late August 2011 would allow subscribers early access to Madden NFL 12 and Madden NFL 13. Online Pass is not required for EA SPORTS Season Ticket. All online features (except Ultimate Team) will be available for play during the early weekend download access. The program will be available on X-Box 360 (North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand) and PlayStation 3 (North America).

There will be no change for gamers who do not become EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers as they will still be able to purchase the full retail version on launch day with full game features. The program exists for gamers who - as the program's tagline reads - wish to 'Play early, play more, and play better.'

What are your thoughts on the EA SPORTS Season Ticket program? Share your thoughts and feedback below.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?500-EA-SPORTS-Season-Ticket

Pig Bomb
08-02-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm sure it will be a big success...we are a "i want it now", "give it to me", "i want it i want it" consumer base.

lilheavy
08-02-2011, 07:39 AM
I wonder if this will affect the release time of demos. I know the demo isn't a full game but its usually enough to wet my appetite until retail release.

Paakaa10
08-02-2011, 08:01 AM
I wonder if this will affect the release time of demos. I know the demo isn't a full game but its usually enough to wet my appetite until retail release.

From what I understand of the program--which, admittedly, isn't much at this point--the understanding is that this will be something that won't be adopted by everyone in the gaming community. Thus, the goal is to not change a lot of things about how the games are typically released and experienced. As such, I would expect demos to continue coming out at a fairly normal timetable because not everyone will be banking on getting the full downloadable trial three days before retail release.

Paakaa10
08-02-2011, 08:34 AM
As to my general, personal opinion of the program...

There are definitely some cool perks if you're somebody who's a big fan of EA SPORTS titles over the course of the year. After reading how many people were willing to spend somewhere between $40-$50 over retail for NCAA Football 12 to get it the weekend before release, I have to imagine that some of those people will consider picking up the EA SPORTS Season Ticket so that they can download the game early and give it a trial run before it's released at retail; they'd even be saving money versus paying that extra "finder's fee" to get it early from somebody.

If you were to download all five games which are guaranteed to be on the Season Ticket for the first year--Madden NFL 12, NHL 12, FIFA 12, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13, and NCAA Football 13--then you'd have 15 days of pre-release time with the games on the year. If you take the base price of $24.99 and divide it amongst the days, it works out to about $1.67 a day for early access to those titles. Obviously your "value" goes down somewhat if you choose not to download the trial of one or more of the games, which is why they're emphasizing the program having a specific market.

The DLC discount is pretty solid at 20%; for example, I bought all of the courses for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters. I believe one pack retailed for $34.99 and the other was $14.99; if the program had been in place before that game came out, I could have gotten the DLC packs for $27.99 and $11.99 respectively for a savings of just under $10 total.

Free premium web content is cool, although for most of us here our primary web experience would be with NCAA Football and we won't get any perks for the franchise until NCAA Football 13 comes out. The emphasis on this content may also mean that we'll see more of the franchises using web-based tools to supplement the console experience, which is reflective of the apparent EA SPORTS trend to allow more computer-based tools to be available.

I don't know if I'm going to run right out and subscribe, but it's definitely something I'll be considering as I think about the overall cost compared to potential savings.

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 08:42 AM
I would have liked to seen a little more out of the deal. Not much of the DLC (outside of Tiger) is going to see a huge savings. And it remains to be seen what we will be seeing with web content for future titles. Tiger has never had it, and to my knowledge neither has NHL. If they would have thrown in NBA Jam like cdj had said as part of the early deal....or even offer it to us for 50% off, things would look more attractive.

EA is going to get killed for this though. Anything with an upfront cost, and incremental savings is always viewed as a money grab. See the Joystiq article for views on that. On top of that, this will be for a good deal of people (those who play MUT, those who buy accelerators), and it's not going to be for the majority of this community (unless you see the cost to justify getting it on Friday or Saturday instead of Tuesday).

SmoothPancakes
08-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Much like Paakaa, it won't be something I'm going to buy today, but maybe sometime later this month I'll look into it. I spend a heck of a lot more than $25 on random crap throughout the months and year that is worth less than this would be in the long run.

gschwendt
08-02-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm not sure if I'll jump in on this or not but I will say that in the past, I've spent upwards of around $25 extra just to be able to get NCAA the weekend before release. To me the added bonus is being able to have a full-fledged "demo" of the game, even if I have no intention of buying it (ie try out FIFA for three days and see if it's worth a purchase).

I OU a Beatn
08-02-2011, 10:19 AM
That's kind of lame. I'd basically be paying $25 a year just to play Madden and NCAA three days early. Meh.

jaymo76
08-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Is it worth it??? Tough call but I will probably slurge just to get Madden 12 early... have to talk it over with the accountant.. er I mean wife.:P

AustinWolv
08-02-2011, 11:17 AM
That's kind of lame. I'd basically be paying $25 a year just to play Madden and NCAA three days early. Meh.

As mentioned earlier, for those that play all the EA sports games, it could be worth it. For me, I only play NCAA yearly from that list, so $25 for 3 days early.......eh, not overly excited about that although the opportunity to download it early is still semi-appealing.
Wish they had a tiered pricing instead, like I could play $10 for NCAA early only.

skipwondah33
08-02-2011, 11:24 AM
have to talk it over with the accountant.. er I mean wife.:P
Nice lol, definitely know how that is :D

I can already see mine saying no and hitting me with a question like "Do you really need it?"

...And I would answer "no not really" :(

griffin2608
08-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Who the hell would even consider this. I just don't understand how anyone that has played these games in the past, would consider paying for a early bugg filled experience only to have to wait even longer to get fixed by patches. Even if ea's reputation was perfect I would be hesitant to pay for a yearly fee to be in this little club, then pay full price for these games to play them and have nothing in my hand to sell or trade back in. This is a way to cut out the selling and trading of their product. Ea has yet to make a game that was lifetime keeper material. I guess after 20+ years of gaming it may be time to get off the wagon if this is where it is headed.

Unconquered
08-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Even when I buy EA games on launch day they're riddled with bugs (see: NCAA 10, NCAA 11, NCAA 12) and I have to wait a month or two AFTER LAUNCH before the game is patched and running like it should.

So why would I want to spend an extra $25 to add three days to my suffering and frustration?

oweb26
08-02-2011, 12:45 PM
IF I get it I will get it about a month before NCAA 13, or right before Tiger no sooner though. Kinda pointless for me now.

iBrandon
08-02-2011, 02:08 PM
I think this is awesome just based on the fact I will be able to get Madden 12 and NCAA 13 the weekend before release.

AustinWolv
08-02-2011, 02:14 PM
my suffering and frustration
ROFL. Drama much?

Good grief, the core gameplay in NCAA is the best it has ever been, so yeah, I would keep playing it no problem as-is, just like old games back in the day that were buggy and never got patches and couldn't get patched. My, my, people are sure spoiled these days. Anyway, yeah, the bugs suck and take away a portion of the great features that NCAA has this year, but the game is hardly unplayable and certainly doesn't cause suffering. This guy had to suffer through the NCAA bugs apparently:
http://www.pdh-togo.org/images/suffering_02.jpg

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 02:20 PM
My, my, people are sure spoiled these days.

Very.

JerzeyReign
08-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Starting to realize I'm growing out of video games. New CoD map packs no longer excite me nor does paying $25 a year to get a game 3 days early (that I still have to pay for, so $85) doesn't appeal to me. Sorry for being negative but all these 'extra' benefits need not exist because the prices are getting a tad ridiculous. Having to pay for each little thing is tad much but to each their own.

::Turns on Super Mario Bros. 3... ahhh, the good ol' days of free gaming:)::

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Starting to realize I'm growing out of video games. New CoD map packs no longer excite me nor does paying $25 a year to get a game 3 days early (that I still have to pay for, so $85) doesn't appeal to me. Sorry for being negative but all these 'extra' benefits need not exist because the prices are getting a tad ridiculous. Having to pay for each little thing is tad much but to each their own.

::Turns on Super Mario Bros. 3... ahhh, the good ol' days of free gaming:)::

You're not paying $85 for each game though. :smh:

psuexv
08-02-2011, 03:00 PM

I think what he is saying is that he only buys NCAA so in essence he is paying $85 for it.

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 03:07 PM
I think what he is saying is that he only buys NCAA so in essence he is paying $85 for it.

Well no one is making him buy it either. It's clearly been said it's not for everyone. It's for people who play all of the games. That's where the benefit lies.

bdoughty
08-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Where is the option for Hell No? ;)

Just not worth it for me. I do not need to play a game 3 days early. If anything I need to wait for three patches before buying an EA game.

The only thing that might have interested me is the discount on DLC courses for TW12 as I buy them all but it would not justify $25 and knowing EA that will be one of those titles no eligible for the DLC discount.

Paakaa10
08-02-2011, 07:17 PM
The only thing that might have interested me is the discount on DLC courses for TW12 as I buy them all but it would not justify $25 and knowing EA that will be one of those titles no eligible for the DLC discount.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters won't be part of the program but Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 has been confirmed to be one of the five "core" titles involved. It would stand to reason that any DLC courses made available for that game would be subject to the 20% DLC discount.

Paakaa10
08-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Even if ea's reputation was perfect I would be hesitant to pay for a yearly fee to be in this little club, then pay full price for these games to play them and have nothing in my hand to sell or trade back in. This is a way to cut out the selling and trading of their product.

I know it's clear that you have no interest in this program, but your facts are a bit off here. The downloadable file that you get access to three days early only lasts until the day of retail release; then you can't play it any further. At that point, you just delete the file off of your console HD and go out and purchase the game disc from the store if you decide you want to own it.

You still have something to trade back in if you decide that's what you want to do with the game.

Boucher
08-02-2011, 09:09 PM
nope this is dumb

Paakaa10
08-02-2011, 09:40 PM
It's definitely not a program which will appeal to everyone. That said, it also doesn't negatively impact people who have no interest and don't want to join in. You can hate it or think it's stupid, and at least it won't affect your gaming experience each year.

Speaking from personal opinion again, I would like to have seen a few things added to the program for better value:

A discount on the retail disc version of the "core" games; $5 each per the five games would probably be too much considering that signing up for the program itself costs $25, but maybe you could get a total of $15 per year and apply money as you wish. For example, you could take $10 off of Madden NFL 12 and then save $5 to take off NCAA Football 13 or something.
The ability to "carry over" DLC from one year to the next for "core" games which have repeating DLC offerings. The most obvious example here would be to carry over DLC from one year's Tiger Woods PGA TOUR title to the next. After spending $50 to get all of the DLC courses for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters, I know I'll be gunshy about spending that much for the same courses again next year. If enrolling in the "Season Ticket" program allowed me to use those courses again--even if I had to download a "compatibility pack" to meet the next game's features--I would definitely buy in at $25 to preserve my $50 expense on DLC for this year's game.

I'm sure the program will see changes in the future as the community weighs in as to whether or not it's worth the cost. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

bdoughty
08-02-2011, 10:26 PM
If DLC courses carried over then I would buy it since I have purchased all the DLC courses for every TW game this gen.

That said, I purchased $50 worth of courses and that was at a discounted price over years past due to the packs and the lower cost per course. I just do not see EA taking $25 a year when they can get $50+ with little cost required to upgrade them each year. Doubt the investors would be too thrilled with DLC carrying over in the case of the TW series.

Now I would pay $25 extra a year for them to put a stinking course creator in the game. Plenty of talented folks out there who would make some courses we would never get due to licensing and cost issues.

But that is just a dream.

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 10:31 PM
If DLC courses carried over then I would buy it since I have purchased all the DLC courses for every TW game this gen.

That said, I purchased $50 worth of courses and that was at a discounted price over years past due to the packs and the lower cost per course. I just do not see EA taking $25 a year when they can get $50+ with little cost required to upgrade them each year. Doubt the investors would be too thrilled with DLC carrying over in the case of the TW series.

Now I would pay $25 extra a year for them to put a stinking course creator in the game. Plenty of talented folks out there who would make some courses we would never get due to licensing and cost issues.

But that is just a dream.

My guess is it's in the agreements not to have it carry over, but that's just my guess.

CLW
08-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Nope. Sorry 3 days early for a download doesn't entice me to give EA $25 bucks and I don't think I have ever purchased DLC.

steelerfan
08-03-2011, 01:01 AM
I think there will be quite a few people who will purchase this on the Friday before a hasn't they love drops.

I know it will be tough for me to resist on the Friday before NHL comes out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

JerzeyReign
08-03-2011, 01:51 AM

Yeah but I only play one EA game faithfully so in a way I'd be paying $85 for one game. Great program for EA fans, not so great for those who only play a title or two, in my most honest and non threatening opinion.

Well no one is making him buy it either. It's clearly been said it's not for everyone. It's for people who play all of the games. That's where the benefit lies.

I was just answering the poll and giving my reason.:nod:

cdj
08-03-2011, 06:32 AM
I think there will be quite a few people who will purchase this on the Friday before a hasn't they love drops.

I know it will be tough for me to resist on the Friday before NHL comes out.

I agree. It's going to be tough when people are on forums talking about the game, giving impressions, etc. all weekend before a game's release.

oweb26
08-03-2011, 06:48 AM
Alot of people even on these forums will still get it even though they are saying they wont. If you pay some guy 100.00 on ebay for the game early you will get it, if you drive 50 miles to get the game early you will get it, actually it was quite smart by EA

psusnoop
08-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Alot of people even on these forums will still get it even though they are saying they wont. If you pay some guy 100.00 on ebay for the game early you will get it, if you drive 50 miles to get the game early you will get it, actually it was quite smart by EA

For me, for NCAA 12 I paid $100 bones (yes I'm one of them) to get the game on Friday (maybe it was Thursday) but to ME and only ME this was worth it. I value things differently then some and quite honestly I think I'll be buying this when the time rolls around. I may do it before NHL drops or I may wait till NCAA next season but I can see myself doing this easily.

psuexv
08-03-2011, 10:04 AM
It's definitely not a program which will appeal to everyone. That said, it also doesn't negatively impact people who have no interest and don't want to join in. You can hate it or think it's stupid, and at least it won't affect your gaming experience each year.

Speaking from personal opinion again, I would like to have seen a few things added to the program for better value:

A discount on the retail disc version of the "core" games; $5 each per the five games would probably be too much considering that signing up for the program itself costs $25, but maybe you could get a total of $15 per year and apply money as you wish. For example, you could take $10 off of Madden NFL 12 and then save $5 to take off NCAA Football 13 or something.
The ability to "carry over" DLC from one year to the next for "core" games which have repeating DLC offerings. The most obvious example here would be to carry over DLC from one year's Tiger Woods PGA TOUR title to the next. After spending $50 to get all of the DLC courses for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters, I know I'll be gunshy about spending that much for the same courses again next year. If enrolling in the "Season Ticket" program allowed me to use those courses again--even if I had to download a "compatibility pack" to meet the next game's features--I would definitely buy in at $25 to preserve my $50 expense on DLC for this year's game.

I'm sure the program will see changes in the future as the community weighs in as to whether or not it's worth the cost. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Definitely agree with this, if they actually made it that you got the retail version 3 days early and then in subsequent years received a "discount" on the next years game and the DLC's carried over especially for TW I'd be in.

jaymo76
08-03-2011, 01:35 PM
So your achievements trasfer to the disc game...BUT... what if you start a franchise for say Madden, will that transfer over too? If dynasty/franchise doesn't transfer then I won't get it but if it does...:up::up::up:

bdoughty
08-03-2011, 02:01 PM
I agree. It's going to be tough when people are on forums talking about the game, giving impressions, etc. all weekend before a game's release.

Sure, the people that call their local stores every 30 minutes to see if they have it a week before release. Those willing to drive 50 miles to get the game early. Ten years ago I was like that, then watching people at OS going apeshit trying to find a game early changed me. I could only take so many "Anyone find the game in (insert city here)" threads. For me and I am sure numerous others nothing will change. People have been getting games early and giving impression forever. Nothing new here.

Patience is a virtue. All good things come to those who wait. etc, etc.

gschwendt
08-03-2011, 02:07 PM
So your achievements trasfer to the disc game...BUT... what if you start a franchise for say Madden, will that transfer over too? If dynasty/franchise doesn't transfer then I won't get it but if it does...:up::up::up:
Yes... 99.99% positive that any save files would transfer over from downloadable copy to retail copy.

jaymo76
08-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Yes... 99.99% positive that any save files would transfer over from downloadable copy to retail copy.

If that's the case then I may be changing my vote to YES for the one trial year. I can also see this as huge for NHL because at this point I am on the fence and a "free sample" would be helpful in making up my mind.

JBHuskers
08-03-2011, 02:41 PM

That % is more like 110%

NatureBoy
08-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Back in my single days, I would have been all over this. I used to buy every sports game EA released every year. Now with me being Married and a Father, I just don't have that kind of time and money anymore.

JeffHCross
08-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Since NCAA is the only EA title I regularly play, I'm probably going to be a 'no' on this. For me, it'd be essentially $25 to rent Madden, FIFA, etc for three days each. That's actually not a bad deal considering rental prices, but still not something that I feel like I'll get.

jaymo76
08-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Read an interesting point on another site.... HOW BIG IS THE MADDEN 12 FILE??? You mauy have three days to play but what if it takes close to a full day to downloadbased on your internet connection. These files will be absolutely MASSIVE I suspect.

bdoughty
08-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Not really if you have a descent broadband connection and download off XBL. It will be a file in the 6GB range. I downloaded Red Dead Redemption on the 360 which only took a couple hours. Not bad since I live in the boonies and have an average, at best, internet connection. As for PS3 owners, I have heard some nightmares, just downloading demos. Though I have heard other PS3 owners with no problems. If anything the amount of people trying to download the game at the same time will create more havoc than the file size.

360 File size for Madden

Madden NFL 06 5.7 GB
Madden NFL 07 4.1 GB
Madden NFL 08 5.8 GB
Madden NFL 09 6.7 GB
Madden NFL 10 5.7 GB
Madden NFL 11 5.3 GB

Note: Madden 09 was right before MS had an Dashboard update allowing game installs to the hard drive to be smaller

Now for the size of the PS3 versions all I could was look at the torrents to see how big the files were, since you do not have the option to install full versions of previous Maddens. This was only available after the jaibreak of the PS3 you only have Madden 11 to go by. There are options to check the file sizes of the content on each PS3 game but alas, I do not own one.

Madden NFL 11 Most were 4.6GB saw one that was 5.20GB

Safe to say that the PS3 version will be similar in size to the 360.

I OU a Beatn
08-06-2011, 09:05 PM
If I give in and do this the Friday before Madden '12 launches, I'm going to have to punch myself right in the face.

bdoughty
08-06-2011, 10:03 PM
One thing is for certain, based on all the polls (here, OS and other places) this is either going to be one spectacular failure or there are a lot of people in denial.

Paakaa10
08-06-2011, 10:14 PM
One thing is for certain, based on all the polls (here, OS and other places) this is either going to be one spectacular failure or there are a lot of people in denial.

I don't think that anybody is deluding themselves into thinking that this is going to be a program that everybody signs up for and pays into. Everything I've read and heard from EA on the topic has emphasized that this is for a targeted group of people who tend to play the five "core" EA SPORTS titles--Tiger Woods PGA TOUR, NCAA Football, Madden NFL, NHL, and FIFA--as well as purchase DLC on a yearly basis. They're not expecting it to be something that people join across the board.

The real "test" on the consumer/community side is going to come when we get close to the "pre-release" period for Madden NFL 12. A lot of people are saying "no buy" now, but as they get excited for Madden to come out, you know some of them are going to bite the bullet and put down $25 to play Madden three days early instead of paying $40-50 extra or traveling 50-100 miles just to get a copy before August 30th. If at that point people still feel like the program's not for them and don't buy in, then it'll be a program for a small market.

JBHuskers
08-06-2011, 10:15 PM

I'm gonna guess B. Bet a good chunk of people loved to bitch about it, but were first in line to get it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

souljahbill
08-07-2011, 09:33 AM
I wonder if EA can arrange it so that if you have PS+ and you're a member of the program, it'll download automatically.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffHCross
08-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Read an interesting point on another site.... HOW BIG IS THE MADDEN 12 FILE??? You mauy have three days to play but what if it takes close to a full day to downloadbased on your internet connection. These files will be absolutely MASSIVE I suspect.Burnout Paradise was only 3.5 gigs or so. Last night I downloaded about 8 gigs worth of videos from PSN, and it took a couple hours.

The thing to worry about, in my opinion, isn't the download size ... but how hardly hit are Sony/Microsoft's servers going to be the day this goes live? If they plan ahead, they might do something like the MMOs do when they have a massive patch ... open it up for download a week or so earlier, and just don't turn the content on until launch day. So, for example, allow people to start downloading it on Tuesday or so, but they can't actually play it until Friday.

(Of course, they'd have to figure out a way to not allow those people to just set their clocks earlier and start playing immediately)

gschwendt
08-07-2011, 11:23 AM
(Of course, they'd have to figure out a way to not allow those people to just set their clocks earlier and start playing immediately)
Just make a mandatory 100kb file that isn't available for download until the game is actually live.

JeffHCross
08-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Just make a mandatory 100kb file that isn't available for download until the game is actually live.Yeah, that's what I thought too. The question is how to communicate that and make it effective. It'd be easy with Playstation Plus users ... not so easy for regular users.

The other possibility would be, assuming the game is going to be performing some kind of check to verify you're a member, have a date/time check against EA's servers. Not the best idea, but at least it would guard against early play.

jaymo76
08-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Okay people, time to fess up... who has purchased Season Ticket??? I am willing to bet at least one member of this community has thus far...:D

cdj
08-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Okay people, time to fess up... who has purchased Season Ticket??? I am willing to bet at least one member of this community has thus far...:D

I'd guess most of the informed people who said yes or are on the fence will wait until the around the 25th or 26th to do so since that could help them get Madden 12 and Madden 13 under the program to get more bang for their buck. There will be a lot of people who are last moment purchases - it will be tough for the real hardcore fans to stay on the sidelines when they see their friends and fan sites talking about their favorite EA SPORTS game(s) and they know it's a download away.

skipwondah33
08-12-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm likely going to get it Thursday the 25th because thats when I get paid next and my said I could haha.

Unless i get the game early via someone else which is doubtful.

My question is will it have online capability through the download? If a few of my friends have the disc version could I play them? Or if they have the dl'd version

cdj
08-12-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm likely going to get it Thursday the 25th because thats when I get paid next and my said I could haha.

Unless i get the game early via someone else which is doubtful.

My question is will it have online capability through the download? If a few of my friends have the disc version could I play them? Or if they have the dl'd version

It will have full online features (except Ultimate Team) so you should be able to play any and everyone.

I OU a Beatn
08-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah, I'm probably going to give in and get it. I can't help it. Madden '12 is pure dynamite. It's the game I've been waiting for since 2007.

skipwondah33
08-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Oh hell yeah I'm getting it then. I don't mess with Ultimate Team so I could careless about that.

Thanks CDJ

jaymo76
08-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Was really thinking about it... BUT... leaving for a family weekend getaway on the 26th and won't be back until the 29th. Decisions, decisions...

I OU a Beatn
08-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Someone let me know if my thinking is correct. You'll be able to download on Friday evening, and then you'll be able to play Friday night, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and then it expires sometime Tuesday evening - the day Madden releases, right?

gschwendt
08-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Someone let me know if my thinking is correct. You'll be able to download on Friday evening, and then you'll be able to play Friday night, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and then it expires sometime Tuesday evening - the day Madden releases, right?Correct except that it expires very early Tuesday morning.

I OU a Beatn
08-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Sweet, that's what I meant. I don't know why I typed evening. I have a bunch of stored up Power Up Reward points so I'll just use that to get a bunch of MS Points and I'll end up being able to play early for virtually free. Not too shabby.

skipwondah33
08-13-2011, 12:39 AM
Something tells me this download is going to take me a few hours to complete lol. Then again there may not be as many people as there is when demos release.

jaymo76
08-21-2011, 01:45 PM
So I read that you can download the MADDEN 12 starting at 6pm on FRIDAY..... BUT.... you cannot play the game until midnight... has that been confirmed?

skipwondah33
08-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah I've heard that is why they are releasing it at 6 PM Friday, to give subscribers actually 3 days to play. Besides downloads will likely be finished around then anyway for most.

I've heard that the roster update will be available for Season Pass subscribers as well

iBrandon
08-22-2011, 08:55 AM
I will be all over this. I can't wait to get my hands on Madden this Friday.

cdj
08-22-2011, 09:03 AM
So I read that you can download the MADDEN 12 starting at 6pm on FRIDAY..... BUT.... you cannot play the game until midnight... has that been confirmed?

Unless something has changed, I'm under the impression you can start playing as soon as the download finishes. It is supposed to be live from 6 PM ET Friday to 6 AM ET Tuesday, so it is over three days of playing time provided you have fast download speeds.

SmoothPancakes
08-22-2011, 09:08 AM
I will be all over this. I can't wait to get my hands on Madden this Friday.

I'm probably going to get it in a couple weeks. I'm not planning on picking up Madden until the holiday season (already have a bunch of games I'm trying to find playing time, as well as playing NCAA almost every time I get on, and then a bunch of games releasing in the next few months that ranked higher up my list than Madden), but I may buy this for NHL 12.

Either that, or I'll pick it up sometime this fall/winter, so I'll have it for the entire year to cover every release for next year, with Tiger Woods, NCAA, Madden, NHL, and FIFA without having to re-buy it at some point in between the releases of those games.

I OU a Beatn
08-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Unless something has changed, I'm under the impression you can start playing as soon as the download finishes. It is supposed to be live from 6 PM ET Friday to 6 AM ET Tuesday, so it is over three days of playing time provided you have fast download speeds.

I hope this is true. If I have to wait until midnight, that will blow. I should have my download done absolutely no later than 8 that night. Oh well, I guess 4 hours wont kill me regardless. :D

skipwondah33
08-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Right now I'm getting 5.6 MB speed. I know that won't keep up so I'll be looking at probably a littler over 3.5. Its going to take me every bit of 6 hours to get this downloaded probably lol

Then again I could upgrade to the 2nd tier of 12 down this week

JBHuskers
08-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Straight from Dewiel....

Justin Dewiel1:43pm Aug 22

Hey Guys, here's the exact files sizes for the early download of Madden NFL 12 with EA SPORTS Season Ticket:

PS3 - 4.87 GB
360 - 4.72 GB

skipwondah33
08-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Thats not bad at all.

psusnoop
08-22-2011, 07:20 PM
Not at all

jaymo76
08-22-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm probably going to get it in a couple weeks. I'm not planning on picking up Madden until the holiday season (already have a bunch of games I'm trying to find playing time, as well as playing NCAA almost every time I get on, and then a bunch of games releasing in the next few months that ranked higher up my list than Madden), but I may buy this for NHL 12.

Either that, or I'll pick it up sometime this fall/winter, so I'll have it for the entire year to cover every release for next year, with Tiger Woods, NCAA, Madden, NHL, and FIFA without having to re-buy it at some point in between the releases of those games.

You say that now Smooth, but will you be able to resist come friday afternoon???

skipwondah33
08-22-2011, 08:24 PM
I may be holding off on this if I go down to pick it up in the College Park here in Maryland. They always sell it early, said they will have it Thursday. Then again I don't feel like driving 35 minutes to get it.

SmoothPancakes
08-22-2011, 08:49 PM
You say that now Smooth, but will you be able to resist come friday afternoon???

Probably. :D I haven't really ever had any intentions of buying Madden before November or December. I've only played 2 or 3 games of the demo, otherwise all my time has been with NCAA. Then we have HS football broadcasts starting up Thursday night, I have my morning show on Saturday morning, some other stuff going on throughout the weekend, and a couple hundred extra channels to browse and enjoy thanks to the TWC upgrades.

So for Madden, I'm pretty good on as far as resisting. The one that will test me is NHL. I haven't quite decided yet if I'm going to pre-order NHL or drop it back to a holiday pickup along with Madden. So NHL will be the bitch when it comes to tempting me to pick up EA Sports Season Ticket within the new few weeks, or wait until later in September or early October, so I'll be set for every game release next year.

jaymo76
08-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Some people on OS who have purchased season pass are saying that the season pass APP. says that the MADDEN 12 download will be available for 10AM Friday rather than 6pm. Anyone confirm or deny this? I think the posters were referring to ps3???

JeffHCross
08-23-2011, 09:06 PM
pastapadre Bryan Wiedey
@donny_moore do you plan to have a new roster update out in time for the weekend/Season Ticket peeps?
3 hours ago

Donny_Moore Donny Moore
@pastapadre yessir. Put the final touches on roster update last night, getting QA'd as we speak.
2 hours ago

JBHuskers
08-24-2011, 08:49 AM
That'll be when I start my franchise. I got a roster update...but there were a couple of key moves that weren't in it, so I held off on my franchise.

xMrHitStickx904
08-24-2011, 08:56 AM
I already have my copy accounted for, but this does sound interesting. However, if EA made this a 5 day instead of 3 day trial, it would be MUCH more difficult to turn down. I'd essentially wouldn't even look to get a physical copy early anymore.

skipwondah33
08-24-2011, 09:17 AM
My understanding is that retailers weren't even getting it that far in advance. The place in CP in the past has gotten it week prior to release early, but this year they don't get it until Thursday the day before Season Ticket people can get it.

I OU a Beatn
08-24-2011, 09:52 AM
It works out perfectly for me. I get out of class early Thursday and then I don't go back until Tuesday morning which means from Friday night until Monday night, I'll be in Madden mode. :cool:

I OU a Beatn
08-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Little heads up for 360 players that are going to be purchasing Season Ticket. Toys R Us is having a sale for today and tomorrow only that offers 1600MSP for $5 off. Considering the Season Ticket is 2000MSP, you could buy two for $30 and have 3200MSP as opposed to regularly spending $25 and only having 2000MSP. I'll definitely be heading there later tonight.

I OU a Beatn
08-24-2011, 03:11 PM
I downloaded the app since it's free and it says you can download Madden '12 in 1 day and 17 hours + some minutes, so that makes it Friday at 10:00AM. I wonder if that's really the case.

jaymo76
08-24-2011, 03:20 PM
I downloaded the app since it's free and it says you can download Madden '12 in 1 day and 17 hours + some minutes, so that makes it Friday at 10:00AM. I wonder if that's really the case.

That's why I asked the Q yesterday. Nobody seems to know.

souljahbill
08-24-2011, 05:26 PM

What app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I OU a Beatn
08-24-2011, 05:54 PM
It's in the market place under games on 360. It just says EA Sports.

cdj
08-25-2011, 03:21 PM
From EA SPORTS:

Season Ticket for Madden NFL 12 will be ready at 10am ET for the XBOX 360. Once downloaded, you'll be able to play right away. The PS3 version will be ready to go by 6pm ET and will be able to be played as soon as the download finishes as well.

jaymo76
08-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Come on ps3... a ten hour difference!!! :(

I OU a Beatn
08-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Yeah, baby! 10:00AM! That makes the deal even sweeter.

skipwondah33
08-25-2011, 08:14 PM
I have to work anyway so the PS3 release doesn't bother me

jaymo76
08-26-2011, 12:50 AM
So basically for the same price 360 gets an extra half day.... if you're going to do a promotion like this, make it fair and eqaul :(

JBHuskers
08-26-2011, 01:00 AM
So basically for the same price 360 gets an extra half day.... if you're going to do a promotion like this, make it fair and eqaul :(

That's on Microsoft and Sony, not EA.

skipwondah33
08-26-2011, 07:10 AM
I was just telling that to a friend of mine.

I OU a Beatn
08-26-2011, 08:10 AM
You'd think Sony would've done their best to launch at the same time, but I guess not.

I OU a Beatn
08-26-2011, 09:04 AM
It's live for 360. I started downloading 3 minutes ago and it's on 3%. Good thing I can't play until like 2 anyway. :D

hitman625
08-26-2011, 09:18 AM
I've finally made the decision to pass on the Season Ticket, but it was a rough one for me knowing that I could be playing Madden as soon as I get off work, but knowing that I would only get to play tonight, some on Sunday, and hardly any time at all on Mon doesn't seem like a worth investment...but damn I wanna do it anyway.

I guess I'll go rent Deus Ex to tide me over til Tuesday

jaymo76
08-26-2011, 01:55 PM
That's on Microsoft and Sony, not EA.

Once again, Microsoft one-ups Sony. I love my PS3 but I sure wish PSN would learn some valuable customer serivce skills from xbox. Oh well, when I get home on Sunday I guess I will fire up my pass and play until work starts :)

steelerfan
08-26-2011, 02:02 PM
I just bought this. I know it's not available for ps3 yet, but is there an App or something (like IOU said there is for 360)?

jaymo76
08-26-2011, 02:14 PM
I just bought this. I know it's not available for ps3 yet, but is there an App or something (like IOU said there is for 360)?

Apparently there is NO clock/App. You go to GAMES then PUBLISHER then EA SPORTS then MADDEN 12 and it should be there?????

steelerfan
08-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Are you sure, or is that a guess?

skipwondah33
08-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Once again, Microsoft one-ups Sony. I love my PS3 but I sure wish PSN would learn some valuable customer serivce skills from xbox. Oh well, when I get home on Sunday I guess I will fire up my pass and play until work starts :)
That is what their yearly subscription is for..well partly I would imagine. As soon as PS3 users have to pay just to play online then things may change.

jaymo76
08-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Are you sure, or is that a guess?

I'm sure in the sense that it's a guess... this is what 3-4 OS posts have said. The only real way to know would be call PS.

SmoothPancakes
08-26-2011, 05:21 PM
I made it. :up: Madden has been available since 10am this morning, it's 6:20 right now, and I don't have even a tiny desire to purchase Season Ticket right now. The bitch is going to be NHL and FIFA. Those will be really hard to avoid. Hopefully I can last beyond those two and make it into the winter before I buy it, so I can be fully covered for all 5 releases next year without having to worry about another $25 towards it before all 5 come out.

skipwondah33
08-26-2011, 05:41 PM
The kicker is EA dates the expiration back to the 24th regardless I believe. I signed up the 26th and my expiration is the 24th of next year

SmoothPancakes
08-26-2011, 05:49 PM
The kicker is EA dates the expiration back to the 24th regardless I believe. I signed up the 26th and my expiration is the 24th of next year

Really? Can anyone else confirm this? I thought it was always a year from the day (or within a few days) of when you purchase it. If not, and it expires on a certain date each year, I'll buy it then next week when I get my next paycheck and have a little extra spending money going into to my gaming fund.

skipwondah33
08-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Download took me an hour 10 minutes

steelerfan
08-26-2011, 07:19 PM
I decided to play NHL 11 while it was downloading and it got stuck at 5% the whole time I was playing so I'm just now at 31%. :fp:

JeffHCross
08-27-2011, 03:02 PM
I decided to play NHL 11 while it was downloading and it got stuck at 5% the whole time I was playingAny game that uses online functionality will stop downloads from running in the background. EA's games take over the online connection as soon as the game is booted. Others may do it too, so I've started going out of my way to only play games that have no online component what-so-ever (which isn't many) during a download.

steelerfan
08-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Any game that uses online functionality will stop downloads from running in the background. EA's games take over the online connection as soon as the game is booted. Others may do it too, so I've started going out of my way to only play games that have no online component what-so-ever (which isn't many) during a download.

Yeah, lol. I figured that out the hard way. I guess I never noticed since I have rarely downloaded a file near that size. Other than getting my round in for the TGA, I just played Limbo last evening until the download, mercifully, finished.

JeffHCross
08-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Yeah, lol. I figured that out the hard way.I figured you had. Mostly put that there for any passers-by that haven't. I figured it out the hard way myself as well -- can't remember what I was downloading, but I'd been playing NCAA for hours with no progress on the download.

morsdraconis
08-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Yeah, it's really stupid. Does it on the 360 as well. Very annoying. It's amazing to me that these consoles still can barely multitask.

SmoothPancakes
08-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Yeah, it's really stupid. Does it on the 360 as well. Very annoying. It's amazing to me that these consoles still can barely multitask.

Yeah, I seriously hate it. All I want to do is be able to play whatever game I want to, while downloading some multi-GB file in the background. Is that too much to ask for?

steelerfan
08-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Is that too much to ask for?

Yes. :fp:

coogrfan
08-28-2011, 12:11 AM
I voted "leaning towards no" a few days ago...so naturally I broke down yesterday and bought in.

As a result of the two tin cans on a string that AT&T mockingly refers to as it's "high speed internet service", it literally took me all freaking night to download M12. I had some friends over to play prior to tonight's Texans game, and we had a blast. The cheap SOB's even paid for the pizza and beer for a change, so as far as I'm concerned the ST has already paid for itself.

bdoughty
08-28-2011, 03:43 AM
Staying strong... Only a few more days until Amazon ships.

CLW
08-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Looks like this idea has not gotten off to a very strong start (not surprisingly in my humble opinion).

http://kotaku.com/5834827/

IMHO this would be a better idea if paying a fee would give you the option to purchase the full retail game download early and keep it for as long as you like (for a discounted price).

I'd probably sign up for such a program. However, paying a fee to basically get a rental a few days early and then having to shell out another $60 for the game just doesn't intrigue me in the slightest.

JeffHCross
08-28-2011, 10:22 AM
IMHO this would be a better idea if paying a fee would give you the option to purchase the full retail game download early and keep it for as long as you like (for a discounted price).So, take the existing system ($25 for a year for early access to five games), then give the additional option for subscribers to download the full retail game for a reduced price? Like $50 per pop or something? That wouldn't be a bad idea from the business side, and it would give value to the customer.

The only thing I don't know is if it takes anything extra to make a retail game downloadable. Like Madden, it didn't include MUT access. I don't know if that was a conscious choice or a limitation of the download. If it takes extra manpower to make a retail game downloadable, it makes business-sense to not offer it that way.

CLW
08-28-2011, 03:25 PM
So, take the existing system ($25 for a year for early access to five games), then give the additional option for subscribers to download the full retail game for a reduced price? Like $50 per pop or something? That wouldn't be a bad idea from the business side, and it would give value to the customer.

The only thing I don't know is if it takes anything extra to make a retail game downloadable. Like Madden, it didn't include MUT access. I don't know if that was a conscious choice or a limitation of the download. If it takes extra manpower to make a retail game downloadable, it makes business-sense to not offer it that way.

Yeah EA would make more $ b/c they don't have the cost of shipping the game and producing a disc.

The "discount" could be something small like say $55 for the full release + the yearly paid subscription ($25). EA would be making > $ due to the decrease in cost; the direct sale; and the fee of being a member of the program. Basically if you were in the program you could buy all 5 ea yearly titles three days early for full retail price as a download instead of a disc.

This would also help EA due to that "pesky" used game sale market they are trying to eliminate.

bdoughty
08-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Those numbers are even lower than I expected when you figure how big the Madden base is. I think there are actually more people that enjoy the caddy in TW12 then signed up for this. ;)

JeffHCross
08-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Yeah EA would make more $ b/c they don't have the cost of shipping the game and producing a disc.Eh, probably not any significant amount of savings. They would still ship retail discs. I don't think we're in a position to see full digital distribution of major titles until the next generation of consoles.

EA would be making > $ due to the decrease in costThat's assuming it's a zero-sum game to create a digital version of the title. I'm not sure about that, one way or the other.

jaymo76
08-30-2011, 11:35 PM
After downloading season ticket I don't have any regrets. It's a nice option to see the game early. I don't expect to buy NHL or FIFA but I will download and play... maybe ideas for Christmas??? I would love a full week but three days will have to suffice. Already looking forward to NCAA 13.

jaymo76
09-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Any news on the date/time SEASON TICKET will be available for NHL 12? I heard the 9th but no time was given.

SmoothPancakes
09-04-2011, 07:46 PM
I would guess probably the same times as Madden, though I have no clue for sure. I went ahead and decided to pick up Season Ticket this past Wednesday so I'll have it for NHL and FIFA this month.

cdj
08-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Some new perks announced for EA SPORTS Season Ticket (http://www.easports.com/seasonticket):

ACCESS TO OVER $100 OF PDLC
ACROSS ALL PARTICIPATING TITLES

Don’t wait to build your club in Ultimate Team, compete against your friends, or test your skills in weekly global tournaments. With EA SPORTS Season Ticket, get a leg-up on your opponents with access to the following PDLC across all five participating titles:

1 Legendary Pack and 24 Pro Madden Packs (over $30 in value)
24 NHL Premium Gold Packs (over $30 in value)
24 FIFA Premium Gold Packs (over $30 in value)
Tiger Woods 14 content to be announced
NCAA 14 content to be announced

If you enjoy the Ultimate Team modes, this is probably a great deal.

jaymo76
08-06-2012, 11:16 PM
So out of curiosity, on PS3 does our subscription just run out or do we get a message or something? Last year I purchased a few days before Madden 12 but I don't remember the exact date.

skipwondah33
08-06-2012, 11:41 PM
Believe it just runs out. I waited to buy it to play Madden on that Friday so it runs out the 24th this year.

JBHuskers
08-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Some new perks announced for EA SPORTS Season Ticket (http://www.easports.com/seasonticket):

ACCESS TO OVER $100 OF PDLC
ACROSS ALL PARTICIPATING TITLES

Don’t wait to build your club in Ultimate Team, compete against your friends, or test your skills in weekly global tournaments. With EA SPORTS Season Ticket, get a leg-up on your opponents with access to the following PDLC across all five participating titles:

1 Legendary Pack and 24 Pro Madden Packs (over $30 in value)
24 NHL Premium Gold Packs (over $30 in value)
24 FIFA Premium Gold Packs (over $30 in value)
Tiger Woods 14 content to be announced
NCAA 14 content to be announced

If you enjoy the Ultimate Team modes, this is probably a great deal.

Yeah I think I'm going to get this now. Probably the Thursday before release. I play a good deal of FIFA Ultimate Team. And some of both NFL and NHL.

CLW
08-07-2012, 02:59 PM
LMAO I HATE the Ultimate Team modes but they seem to be getting allot of attention. Oh well I'm good with Season Ticket until Tiger.

JeffHCross
08-07-2012, 08:31 PM
I was already planning to get Season Ticket before Madden releases, and this changed nothing :D

skipwondah33
08-07-2012, 08:35 PM
I didn't have a clue of what else came with it lol

Don't know what came with it last year either. Although apparently I got some special clubs for Tiger

jaymo76
08-12-2012, 12:47 AM
I wonder if the NCAA offer will include extra uniforms for 14? That would be my guess.

JeffHCross
08-12-2012, 10:07 AM
:+1:, jaymo. Probably will include whatever the Pre-Order deals are, and nothing more. Would be surprised to see any of the in-game boosts included.

CLW
08-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Out of curiosity if you re-up now will it give you a year from your former date or will you basically lose whatever is left on your 1st year? I got this back for TW so I haven't had it all that long.

gschwendt
08-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Out of curiosity if you re-up now will it give you a year from your former date or will you basically lose whatever is left on your 1st year? I got this back for TW so I haven't had it all that long.I'm not sure but I'd be willing to bet that you would lose whatever remains from your first year.

NatureBoy
08-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Say someone has the Season Ticket, but it expires on Saturday the 25th. Does that mean that he can only play the early release on Friday or does it mean that as long as it's downloaded before it expires then he can play it the full early release period?

JBHuskers
08-15-2012, 03:58 PM
As long as you download it prior, you're good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

NatureBoy
08-15-2012, 08:33 PM
As long as you download it prior, you're good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2 :up: Thanks for the info JB.