PDA

View Full Version : WR Blocking

kirbyp456
08-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Would you guys like to see it improved for next year? I'm tired of receivers not blocking on bubble screens, even when a Corner runs right by him!

mrh61988
08-01-2011, 08:00 PM
I would like to see it definitely improve when you run a screen, but I have also seen some really nice cut blocks down the field on outside runs.

kirbyp456
08-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Same, those cut blocks are really nice. But I dont like how on outside runs WRs are able to hold their block up until the point your RB is able to scoot by them for a big gain, but all of the sudden the CB/ LB litterally throws him out of the way and destroys your RB. It would nice if they were able to at least contain their block assignment.

Real Assignment AI Block for WRs perhaps???

baseballplyrmvp
08-01-2011, 09:03 PM
i'm having trouble getting my wr's to block on outside runs. any kind of stretch, sweep, or toss play out of the majority of the formations i run from, is like a 4 yard loss for me. the only way i can get those plays to work is if i use twin formations, which brings the one corner in to line up over the te.

Pig Bomb
08-02-2011, 02:00 PM
i'm having trouble getting my wr's to block on outside runs. any kind of stretch, sweep, or toss play out of the majority of the formations i run from, is like a 4 yard loss for me. the only way i can get those plays to work is if i use twin formations, which brings the one corner in to line up over the te.

have you not seen the video where on AA of Heisman the computer CB's cheat like a mofo in certain coverages...they basically ignore thier assignment and blow up your run instantly

i have found better success calling outside runs within formations that have twins on a side..then motion the slot guy to the other side and run the ball where he was originally...typically the man that was covering him [if zone] now moves in a bit and can be blocked by a lineman, TE, or FB

cjg225
08-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Clipping needs to be addressed. I see more clipping penalties in a single game than I do in half a season of watching several games per week. And even then I watch replays (in-game) and exhale because I see a clipping call that wasn't called. It's ridiculous. Clipping happens IRL, but not at the rate it happens in this game. I don't have the slider that high, either.

novadolla
08-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Well it looks like the next patch will address this issue

baseballplyrmvp
08-02-2011, 07:56 PM
have you not seen the video where on AA of Heisman the computer CB's cheat like a mofo in certain coverages...they basically ignore thier assignment and blow up your run instantly

i have found better success calling outside runs within formations that have twins on a side..then motion the slot guy to the other side and run the ball where he was originally...typically the man that was covering him [if zone] now moves in a bit and can be blocked by a lineman, TE, or FB

ya, i've tried the motioning thing with some success. i havent seen a video of what you first describe but i've seen it in instant replay. its almost like the corner is blitzing while being lined up directly over the wr.

littletomz
08-18-2011, 07:57 AM
I have seen some good cut blocks out on the edge by the receivers but on those bubble screens they just seem to stand there and just watch the play.

AMAZING
08-20-2011, 10:25 PM
I thought it was just me...a lot of my outside runs especially in Ace, don't work because of horrible WR blocking.

littletomz
08-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Try running the wide receiver reverse out of Ace and run it inside the left tackle and take it up the middle not outside.