PDA

View Full Version : EA SPORTS Opens NCAA Football 12 Feedback Email Address

Paakaa10
07-27-2011, 09:22 PM
This afternoon, the Twitter account for EA SPORTS NCAA Football (@EANCAAFootball (http://twitter.com/#!/EANCAAFootball))--maintained by EA SPORTS Community Manager Justin Dewiel--shared the following information for any NCAA Football fans who might want to put together their own feedback emails or issue/bug reports to email to members of the development team.

The series of Twitter messages are combined into a single message in the quote here:

Hey guys, we received lots of great feedback from you on the game so far and we've been able to track down and address many issues... To improve further on the process, I've created an email alias for you to directly send feedback/issues to... If you're experiencing an issue or want to give feedback to the dev team, email us at: EASPORTSNCAAFootballFeedback@ea.com (mailto:EASPORTSNCAAFootballFeedback@ea.com)... Please title the email either issue or feedback and include the game mode in the subject line. We will be looking it over and responding. If you do send a note, you may be emailed and asked for more information, so be on the lookout. Thanks guys!

Even though the moderators and EA SPORTS Game Changers here at The Gaming Tailgate have been passing along feedback and bugs/issues which are shared in the forums here and at other sites, this is another avenue for you to consider if you have anything to contribute to the people behind the game.

Deuce
07-27-2011, 09:28 PM
It's a great idea but unfortunately it's going to get inundated with crap emails. Hopefully people will be helpful and courteous and really try and improve the game.

...not likely. :fp:

Paakaa10
07-27-2011, 09:33 PM
It's a great idea but unfortunately it's going to get inundated with crap emails. Hopefully people will be helpful and courteous and really try and improve the game.

...not likely. :fp:

My hope is that people will send in some good feedback to the developers. When it comes to bugs and issues, the best thing that can be provided to the developers is a set of steps that regularly reproduce that particular bug or issue. Even though I'm not a software developer, I've come to learn that the best way to address any bugs or issues is to be able to regularly reproduce them so that it is easier to find out what needs to be done to remedy it.

I know people don't want to feel like they're beta testing a game that they spent $60 for, and I can understand and appreciate that. I just hope that there are a solid number of people who are willing to contribute to solving some of the bugs and issues being reported.

SmoothPancakes
07-27-2011, 09:33 PM
500 emails about dreads arrived within minutes after those tweets. :fp:

Deuce
07-27-2011, 09:42 PM
I know people don't want to feel like they're beta testing a game that they spent $60 for, and I can understand and appreciate that. I just hope that there are a solid number of people who are willing to contribute to solving some of the bugs and issues being reported.

Yep, totally agree.

I OU a Beatn
07-27-2011, 09:49 PM
My email:

I think it's great you're listening to player's feedback - it truly gets the consumer involved and feeling like they made a wise purchase. With that said, my suggestions:

1. My most immediate concern so far is the low trajectory the ball is thrown at on intermediate passes, especially when the defense is in zone. It's most apparent on post routes. Often times the ball needs to be thrown with some zip on it so the safety doesn't have time to react. When the ball is thrown with some zip, more often than not, the underlying Linebacker in zone coverage is able to get his hands on it. Most times, the LB will be less than 10 yards away from the line of scrimmage, so he really shouldn't be able to tip a pass that is thrown at around 25 or 30 yards.

2. When someone quits online in the first half of the game, no skill points are awarded. If the player is winning when his opponent quits, he should be given skill points regardless of the quarter. I realize this is in place to stop people from playing themselves, but it really puts a damper on the online play.

3. Another issue is when someone quits while the scored is tied. The newest trend is people quitting when the scored is tied and you're driving for the win. If you select "quit and count," you get a loss as well because you're not winning. If you select "quit and don't count," you obviously get nothing and then have wasted your time. Make it so if someone disconnects or quit, the opposing player gets the win regardless of the score.

4. On of my most missed features are night and weather games online. These were available back on PS2 and even on a few games this generation. It adds so much to the atmosphere to play a game at night when it's actually night out. It creates a big game feel that keeps the game fresh. As it is now, every game you play is in the middle of the day with nothing but sun and it does get kind of old.

Thanks for your time and congratulations on a successful NCAA '12 launch!

I was going to put a bunch of other things, but I figured what the hell. If they take care of those 4 issues, I'll be as happy as can be.

Paakaa10
07-28-2011, 06:57 AM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?497-EA-SPORTS-Opens-NCAA-Football-12-Feedback-Email-Address

Cipher 8
07-28-2011, 08:07 AM
3 major fixes and 1 minor one:

1. Game freezing up. Black screen. Must restart game. It's happened to me 30+ times already. Usually when I'm just about to start a game and it's loading my playbook.

2. Playbook's glitch out. Plays disappear and are replaced with a little X and when you call the play they all just huddle in the center of the field. Must delete and start all over with a new playbook. Very annoying, especially if you take the time and fill the playbook up full and then it doesn't work.

3. You cannot access highlights after a user vs user Online Dynasty match or you'll be signed out, but still on xbox live, and it won't report the game stats. Why can't we share highlights of these important games?

and

1. The Pink Gem recruiting glitch. You'll add the pink gem, you'll be randomly placed on their top 10 but when you leave the recruiting board and come back to it later, either in the same week or the next week, you will no longer be on their top 10. Very annoying and it ruins the whole strategy of going after these pink gems.

And I agree with fixing the low trajectory the ball is thrown at but it's not something I think we'll see fixed until NCAA Football 13.

NatureBoy
07-28-2011, 10:32 AM
:(:smh: I would hate to be the poor soul who has to filter through all of those emails.

bdoughty
07-28-2011, 01:40 PM
:(:smh: I would hate to be the poor soul who has to filter through all of those emails.

They just need to incorporate the name filter from NCAA 12 and have it automatically delete any e-mail with a one of the banned words.

That would leave like 5 or 6 constructive e-mails from guys named John Smith, who do did not use any profanity.

BdyDrpdKotaEC
07-28-2011, 03:18 PM
JD actually replied by to my email about issues/feedback. He stated he'd pass it own, so I'm not holding my breathe..but if enough people just simply state the issues without getting all butthurt then we might could get some issues fixed.

I OU a Beatn
07-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I got the same email. It's just good they are actually listening to us.

The Pony Express
08-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Yeah, I got the same email. It's just good they are actually listening to us.

i emailed this thing 2 weeks ago asking why you cant talk to other dynasty members on the PS3 inside your online dynasty "accept if its a user game" Still haven't gotten an email. Even though i know EA messed up the same way they did last year. Forgetting the same feature they patched into the game in NCAA 11.