PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 12 demo will be released on August 9th.

Details
07-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Packers vs. Bears
5 minute quarters
No commentary.

Paakaa10
07-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Makes sense to me; the Madden NFL 11 demo featured a rematch of the previous season's AFC Championship Game, and Madden NFL 12's demo will be a rematch of last year's NFC Championship Game. Can't overlook this being the "video game debut" of Soldier Field as well, since this is the first year the Madden NFL team has had the rights to that stadium.

I can live with no commentary, especially since we'll again get 5 minute quarter lengths.

Rudy
07-26-2011, 07:29 PM
No commentary means its probably bad on the retail version. EA normally has commentary so they are probably looking to avoid a lot of negative comments (at least right away). 5 minute quarters are nice. Why couldn't EA do that for NCAA 12?

Paakaa10
07-26-2011, 07:48 PM
A torrential downpour at the Madden ProAm Ustream event in New York has shut down the show a little bit earlier than anticipated.

The recorded broadcast can be accessed here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/16260374

Check it out for a discussion of Online Communities as well as direct-feed footage of the Madden NFL 12 demo showing a game between the Green Bay Packers and Chicago Bears.

EDIT: The demo footage begins at 45:09 of the show.

jaymo76
07-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Two years in a row of FIVE minute quarters... NICE!!! NCAA13 here's looking at you...

Paakaa10
07-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Two years in a row of FIVE minute quarters... NICE!!! NCAA13 here's looking at you...

Yeah, I'm not sure why there's the difference in quarter length for the game demos. The thing that jumps to mind is that NCAA has had multiple match-ups the past few years while Madden has traditionally stuck to only one; it might be tied to file size since NCAA has been featuring between two and four stadium models--and four to eight teams and traditions--compared to just the one stadium and two teams in Madden.

souljahbill
07-26-2011, 08:22 PM
I'll gladly take 1 matchup with no commentary and 5 minute quarters for an NCAA demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rudy
07-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure why there's the difference in quarter length for the game demos. The thing that jumps to mind is that NCAA has had multiple match-ups the past few years while Madden has traditionally stuck to only one; it might be tied to file size since NCAA has been featuring between two and four stadium models--and four to eight teams and traditions--compared to just the one stadium and two teams in Madden.

5 minute quarters vs. 2 minute quarters would have nothing to do with file size.

I know commentary adds size to a demo but NCAA has always had it plus additional stadiums the last two years. EA kept out commentary because it would have received a lot of negative feedback. That's the only logical explanation in my book.

Paakaa10
07-26-2011, 09:11 PM
5 minute quarters vs. 2 minute quarters would have nothing to do with file size.

I know commentary adds size to a demo but NCAA has always had it plus additional stadiums the last two years. EA kept out commentary because it would have received a lot of negative feedback. That's the only logical explanation in my book.

:dunno:

EA included commentary last year in the Madden NFL 11 demo and it got a lot of negative feedback because it was unfinished and there were leftover references to Tom Hammond among other issues.

I don't know whether commentary will be improved much or at all in this year's game, but I imagine the development team would rather keep any unfinished commentary out of the demo versus hanging themselves out to dry again.

We'll know for sure come August 30th.

I OU a Beatn
07-26-2011, 10:14 PM
5 minute quarters = awesome.

jaymo76
07-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Man I wish the game was released on the 9th rather than the demo... finally a Madden that I really want and they push the release date back to the 30th. :(