PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 NFL Free Agent Bonanza

JBHuskers
07-26-2011, 11:22 AM
With the lockout over, and the blitz that is going to happen, this monster deserves it's own thread.

Here is a link to a table of all free agents.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa

I think non-insiders can see the list, just not the grades and last column (I think?)

Can't wait for this insanity to begin.

jaymo76
07-26-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm most interested to see what happens with the QB's (eg Hasselbeck). Also, when McNabb is cut is he off to Cincy? Biggest for me though, what happens to Nnamdi Asomugha... losing him on the silver and black will be catastrophic for my Raiders :(

JBHuskers
07-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Pat Devlin (Delaware QB) signed with Miami as an undrafted FA rookie, that makes me think that Vince Young will go to Philly to back up Vick.

jaymo76
07-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Pat Devlin (Delaware QB) signed with Miami, that makes me think that Vince Young will go to Philly to back up Vick.

That's risky IMO... Vick and Young on the same team... what happens when things go bad... will the team implode???

JBHuskers
07-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Mort reports that the Texans may be the front runner for Asomugha.

morsdraconis
07-26-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm most interested to see what happens with the QB's (eg Hasselbeck). Also, when McNabb is cut is he off to Cincy? Biggest for me though, what happens to Nnamdi Asomugha... losing him on the silver and black will be catastrophic for my Raiders :(

McFlab won't be cut. If the Skins don't get something for him through trade, he's on the team until his contract is up. His ass will sit on the bench.

baseballplyrmvp
07-26-2011, 07:18 PM
is seattle trying to get all of the :USC: players currently in the nfl?

that would be awesome if they were. :D

baseballplyrmvp
07-26-2011, 07:35 PM
looks like the eagles will try bringing the option to the nfl. they just signed noel devine.

morsdraconis
07-26-2011, 07:44 PM
I don't know about the option, but I'm really sad to see him go to Philthy. At first, there was talk that he went to the Falcons, which I could have lived with, but damn it, not Philthy!

psusnoop
07-26-2011, 07:46 PM
I don't know about the option, but I'm really sad to see him go to Philthy. At first, there was talk that he went to the Falcons, which I could have lived with, but damn it, not Philthy!
I wanted to see Noel go to the steelers over Clay but oh well. Clay just can't stay healthy atleast in college so I doubt he'll be able to do it in the NFL.

morsdraconis
07-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Steelers would have been great. I actually kinda watch them (dad's a big Steelers fan) so I wouldn't have had a problem with that at all. Not sure if he fits into the Steelers running style though. Not smashmouth enough and he's more of a zone blocking RB (was REALLY hoping Mike Shanahan was going to bring him in for the Redskins cause he's exactly what we need, but with drafting who he drafted, I doubted it was going to happen).

psusnoop
07-26-2011, 10:33 PM
Poz with a big 6 year contract with the Jags. Wow good for him!

jaymo76
07-26-2011, 11:35 PM
Tavaris Jackson + Seahawks = excellent first round draft pick next season!!!

psusnoop
07-27-2011, 12:40 AM
Tavaris Jackson + Seahawks = excellent first round draft pick next season!!!

:D:D. Couldn't agree more

morsdraconis
07-27-2011, 12:54 AM
NFL Network makes me :fp: every time I decide to watch it. Their "experts" said that Jackson to the Seahawks made sense. That he would be a good fit there and had a 10-6 record with the Vikings in 2008 to prove that he's a talented player. First off, :fp:. Second off, the dude only started 5 games in 2008. He lost his job to Gus fuckin' Frerotte for fucks sake! His best statistical year? Get ready for this! 59% completion percentage, 1,056 yards, 9 TDs and 2 INTs. In 9 games. 9 games. He's yet to start a full season (cause he's terrible) and is basically completely useless as a QB. Yet, according to the "experts" on NFL Network, he's a great fit for the Seahawks. :fp:

No wonder 95% of the "fans" of the NFL are fuckin' morons... They listen to these dumb asses!

baseballplyrmvp
07-27-2011, 09:17 AM
thats why jesus (aka charlie whitehurst) will start at qb mors.....

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmH2obQQJhf2U6T-JHr5cYfsV7oTOuE2c78GoH7OFhMNUYaKlt

psuexv
07-27-2011, 09:30 AM
McNabb to the Viks

The Washington Redskins, Vikings and Donovan McNabb have a preliminary agreement in place for the veteran quarterback to be traded to Minnesota, sources told ESPN.

The compensation issues that were one of the stumbling blocks to the trade appear to be resolved. The one sticking point now appears to be that McNabb was concerned Tuesday night about how the Vikings' side of the situation was handled.

McNabb will be making far less than the $14.75 million he would have been due were he to play for the Redskins this year. It is not yet clear how much or how any incentives in the new deal would alter his compensation.

According to ESPN's sources, the trade will involve a 2012 sixth-round draft pick and a conditional sixth-round pick for 2013 going to Washington. The Redskins had wanted a fifth- and seventh-round pick from Minnesota.

Before the reporting of the deal Christian Ponder, the quarterback drafted by the Vikings with the 12th pick in April, tweeted: "Excited to have McNabb join. Will learn a lot from a Pro Bowler. But that doesn't mean I'm not still fighting to start week 1!"

psuexv
07-27-2011, 09:31 AM
Hasselback to the Titans

The Tennessee Titans swooped in Wednesday on Matt Hasselbeck, reaching agreement with the free-agent quarterback on a multiyear contract, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Kuharsky: Hasselbeck, Minus The Hassle

Kuharsky A team with a major leadership void targeted a player it believes will be a settling force. The Tennessee Titans score with Matt Hasselbeck, ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky writes. Blog

News broke Tuesday that the Seattle Seahawks wouldn't re-sign the 35-year-old Hasselbeck. Instead, the Seahawks agreed to a deal with former Minnesota Viking Tarvaris Jackson, multiple sources told ESPN.

The Titans are expected to groom Jake Locker, the eighth overall pick in April's draft, to be their starter of the future. The team announced in January that it would either release Vince Young or try to trade him because he's not in its plans for the coming season, and veteran Kerry Collins announced July 7 he was retiring.

Hasselbeck will turn 36 in September. His prior contract was signed before the start of the 2005 season and was followed by him leading the Seahawks to their only Super Bowl appearance.

Hasselbeck threw for 272 yards and a career playoff-high four touchdowns in engineering the Seahawks' upset victory over the defending Super Bowl champion Saints in last season's playoffs.

psuexv
07-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Pat Devlin (Delaware QB) signed with Miami as an undrafted FA rookie, that makes me think that Vince Young will go to Philly to back up Vick.

Stud BTW - used to be at PSU and really did well in Delaware. His Pro Day and combine apparently hurt him but he won games in Delaware and I think his senior year he had something like 25+ TDs and 3 Picks. Makes smart decisions.

psuexv
07-27-2011, 09:35 AM
I wanted to see Noel go to the steelers over Clay but oh well. Clay just can't stay healthy atleast in college so I doubt he'll be able to do it in the NFL.

yeah but we don't need Clay to be an every down back. Bring him in to give Mendehal a breather and just let him bang up the defenses a little.

psuexv
07-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Would love to see the Steelers sign Faneca. Let him come back sure up the line for 2 years and then retire as a Steeler :up:

psusnoop
07-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Would love to see the Steelers sign Faneca. Let him come back sure up the line for 2 years and then retire as a Steeler :up:

I wouldn't mind that, always liked him and thought of him in Black and Gold anyways. :up:

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 12:09 PM
NFL Network makes me :fp: every time I decide to watch it. Their "experts" said that Jackson to the Seahawks made sense. That he would be a good fit there and had a 10-6 record with the Vikings in 2008 to prove that he's a talented player. First off, :fp:. Second off, the dude only started 5 games in 2008. He lost his job to Gus fuckin' Frerotte for fucks sake! His best statistical year? Get ready for this! 59% completion percentage, 1,056 yards, 9 TDs and 2 INTs. In 9 games. 9 games. He's yet to start a full season (cause he's terrible) and is basically completely useless as a QB. Yet, according to the "experts" on NFL Network, he's a great fit for the Seahawks. :fp:

No wonder 95% of the "fans" of the NFL are fuckin' morons... They listen to these dumb asses!

Yeah the MLB Network is so much better than the NFL Network. The NFL Network almost seems like a B-Channel.

steelerfan
07-27-2011, 12:23 PM

Fuck Faneca. He was terrible in his last year in Pittsburgh. He was all reputation and no production. The things he said about the organization are inexcusable. He retired and he needs to stay that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 01:16 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/96282540641497090

Look for Kevin Kolb being traded to Arizona for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a draft pick by the end of the week.

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Oh JESUS...the Jets are making a hard power play to get Asomugha. Imagine Asomugha on one side and Revis on the other.

morsdraconis
07-27-2011, 03:20 PM
:smh:

Eagles fuckin' fleece someone else for another shitty player.

God I fuckin' hate them.

gschwendt
07-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Oh JESUS...the Jets are making a hard power play to get Asomugha. Imagine Asomugha on one side and Revis on the other.:up:

I started to reply to someone on twitter yesterday that that should happen but when I was going to say it, I was mostly saying it as a pipe dream.

ram29jackson
07-27-2011, 05:46 PM
the Jets are all about defense,it makes all the sense in the world. ...they were one game away last year....

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Santonio Holmes Drinks Cristal After Re-Signing With Jets (Photo) (http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2011/07/photo-santonio-holmes-celebrates-new-contract-with-jets-by-chugging-bottle-of-cristal/) | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/holmescristal2-225x300.jpg

jaymo76
07-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Oh JESUS...the Jets are making a hard power play to get Asomugha. Imagine Asomugha on one side and Revis on the other.

Stellar D yes but the issue with the Jets continues to be whether or not the offense can get it done. I'm still not a believer in Sanchez... though I have been wrong before.

baseballplyrmvp
07-27-2011, 07:00 PM
sidney rice to seattle.....5 year deal.

robert gallery also accepts a 3 year deal to play left guard.

psuexv
07-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th round pick. Belachick should be able to get a good year out of him.

morsdraconis
07-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th round pick. Belachick should be able to get a good year out of him.

One 3-4 team with a disciplinarian to another 3-4 team with a worse disciplinarian. He'll be lucky to get past training camp!

JBHuskers
07-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Here we go.....

Reggie Bush traded to the Dolphins for their backup safety.

JBHuskers
07-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Chicago Bears signed tight end Matt Spaeth from the Steelers..

JBHuskers
07-28-2011, 02:26 PM
The Arizona Cardinals have completed their deal with the Philadelphia Eagles to get quarterback Kevin Kolb, sources told ESPN.com senior NFL writer John Clayton.

Kolb will get a new contract extension of five years for $63 million, with a little more than $22 million guaranteed. Kolb will be under contract for six years.

The Eagles receive cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a second-round pick.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6812979/arizona-cardinals-complete-trade-philadelphia-eagles-kevin-kolb-sources-say

morsdraconis
07-28-2011, 02:31 PM

Arizona is so damn dumb...

psusnoop
07-28-2011, 03:57 PM

Arizona is so damn dumb...

I agree in the sense that paying him that much up front is silly. He is not a proven winner yet in the league and is not deserving of the fame of a big contract. If he got traded and paid a respectable amount I'd have no problem in 2 years giving him a raise but right now he is just 3-4 as a starter. :smh:

steelerfan
07-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Tha Cardinals really don't have an alternative though. All those receivers and no one to get them the ball.

What kind of bonus did Kolb get? If the bonus is reasonable, they can cut him without too much dead weight, if need be.

JBHuskers
07-28-2011, 04:05 PM
This will definitely prove if Kolb is an NFL QB, he couldn't have had any more in the cupboard as he's going to have.

morsdraconis
07-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Tha Cardinals really don't have an alternative though. All those receivers and no one to get them the ball.

What kind of bonus did Kolb get? If the bonus is reasonable, they can cut him without too much dead weight, if need be.

$22 million guaranteed. That must be spread out evenly over the length of his contract (5 years) which means he's looking at something like $4.4 million per year in just guaranteed money. So, even if, down the road, they decide to cut him in say year 3 of the deal, that's either $8.8 million or $13.2 million (depending on if they cut him before or after March 1st) that immediately gets counted toward their cap space, not even taking into account what his base salary is going to be for the year that they cut him (which will probably be something insanely high because his contract is $41 million without the guaranteed money).

His contract breakdown will most likely look something like this for his base salary: $8.1 million, $8.2 million, $8.4 million, $8.2 million, $8.1 million

Then add in the bonus money and you have something like this: $12.5 million, $12.6 million, $12.8 million, $12.6 million, $12.5 million

So, unless he works out for them (I HIGHLY doubt it) they're looking at anywhere from $25.1 million to $37.9 million dollars counted against their cap at some point in the future when they cut him because he's not the answer that they thought he was. That's some serious money for a QB that has career numbers that are pretty terrible.

steelerfan
07-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Ok, I see the 22M now.

However, the salary won't count against the cap if he's cut. Just the bonus. Unpaid salary disappears.

Also, he is under contract for 6 years, not 5.

plotty
07-28-2011, 07:22 PM
WTF of the week goes to New England for signing antichrists Albert Haynesworth and Chad OchoCinco. Holy crap how do you control that locker room....wait, Belichick will find a way.

JBHuskers
07-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Yeah they have a history of dealing with outcasts and misfits and still win. Ochocinco's fantasy stock just went through the roof.

steelerfan
07-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Yeah they have a history of dealing with outcasts and misfits and still win.

Granted, they've taken on alot of over-the-hill guys over the years. But I don't remember them taking on baggage of Haynesworth's like.

Except for Moss, and they didn't win a Super Bowl with Moss.

Paakaa10
07-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Granted, they've taken on alot of over-the-hill guys over the years. But I don't remember them taking on baggage of Haynesworth's like.

Except for Moss, and they didn't win a Super Bowl with Moss.

Corey Dillon was regarded as a locker room cancer and malcontent in Cincinnati before he came over to the Patriots, and he was a pretty key part of the offense which won Super Bowl XXXIX.

As a Patriots fan, I'm still incredulous about both the Haynesworth and Ochocinco moves. Thankfully there's zero-risk with Haynesworth--if he screws up, he's gone, and all we've lost are a few late draft picks that we don't use anyway--and Belichick has apparently been interested in signing Ochocinco since coaching the 2007 Pro Bowl. If he can keep his ego in check and fit in with the rest of the receiving corps, then it's a solid trade from my perspective.

steelerfan
07-28-2011, 08:27 PM
I forgot about Dillon, you're right.

I wouldn't put Dillon in the same category as Haynesworth though there is little risk with Fat Albert. You're right there too.

The window is shrinking for Brady and Co. No title since 2004. Because of that, moves like these are worth doing, even if they turn out to be grasping at straws.

Paakaa10
07-28-2011, 08:33 PM
I forgot about Dillon, you're right.

I wouldn't put Dillon in the same category as Haynesworth though there is little risk with Fat Albert. You're right there too.

Yeah, Dillon was nowhere near as bad. I'm just glad that we didn't give up much for Fat Albert; if he shows up and plays hard, it'll be great. If not, he's gone.

The window is shrinking for Brady and Co. No title since 2004. Because of that, moves like these are worth doing, even if they turn out to be grasping at straws.

I know it. Won't be long before Brady is contemplating retirement and then it'll be a real struggle to figure out who leads the team. I don't think we have our QB of the future on the roster.

morsdraconis
07-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Definitely don't have their QB of the future on the roster. I'd be tempted to say that Bellicheck might actually contemplate leaving NE when Brady retires.

steelerfan
07-28-2011, 08:37 PM
I don't think we have our QB of the future on the roster.

Luckily, you don't need one yet.

No faith in Mallett?

Paakaa10
07-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Luckily, you don't need one yet.

No faith in Mallett?

I haven't watched enough of Mallett yet to get a true sense of his potential. Even though preseason games are largely meaningless, I'll be looking for Patriots highlights to see how he does against the scrub defenses. He might end up being a good draft pick, but he doesn't have enough tangible quality for me to think anything long-term yet.

SmoothPancakes
07-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Listening to Fox Sports Radio on our AM station up here at work right now, some more rumors, that sound like done deals. Darren Sproles leaves San Diego and joins the Saints after the Reggie Bush trade. And Vince Young it sounds like is a done deal to be the backup of Vick in Philly.

steelerfan
07-29-2011, 02:46 AM
Also, mors, there is no way that Kolb's salary will be structured the way you suggested. All big deals are backloaded in the NFL (unless this is prohibited, and I'm unaware, under the new CBA).

With his contract having 22M guaranteed over 6 years, the cap hit for releasing him is only 3.6-something per year he doesn't play and that can be spread over a couple years depending on when he's released.

Again, I'm not saying Kolb is a savior by any means. I just don't see that his contract has catastrophic potential for Arizona. Remember, unpaid salary does not go against your cap number, just the pro-rated portion of the signing bonus since it was actually paid out.

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 08:21 AM
According to Shefty, the Texans are out of the running for Nnamdi, it almost seems certain that the Jets are going to land him. On top of that he wants to be an actor....so going to New York makes even more sense now.

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 08:33 AM
There is a secret team in the bid for Nnamdi too....hmmm. John Clayton does say that he believes that the deal will be done today.

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 08:40 AM
First Da Bears trade Greg Olsen :smh: now they sign Roy Williams :fp: can you say Mushin Muhammed?

psusnoop
07-29-2011, 10:28 AM
First Da Bears trade Greg Olsen :smh: now they sign Roy Williams :fp: can you say Mushin Muhammed?

I was wondering how you'd feel about this JB :D:D

psusnoop
07-29-2011, 10:29 AM
There is a secret team in the bid for Nnamdi too....hmmm. John Clayton does say that he believes that the deal will be done today.

It's the :dunno:

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 10:31 AM
I was wondering how you'd feel about this JB :D:D

I'm a little happier on the Sam Hurd signing.

morsdraconis
07-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Also, mors, there is no way that Kolb's salary will be structured the way you suggested. All big deals are backloaded in the NFL (unless this is prohibited, and I'm unaware, under the new CBA).

With his contract having 22M guaranteed over 6 years, the cap hit for releasing him is only 3.6-something per year he doesn't play and that can be spread over a couple years depending on when he's released.

Again, I'm not saying Kolb is a savior by any means. I just don't see that his contract has catastrophic potential for Arizona. Remember, unpaid salary does not go against your cap number, just the pro-rated portion of the signing bonus since it was actually paid out.

If it's structured as you suggest (backloaded) that's just going to make the cap hit worse. While, yes, the rest of the contract remaining wouldn't be a cap hit (I don't know what the hell I was thinking there), whatever his base salary is for the year that they cut him, will be guaranteed unless they cut him before March 1st (then it would only be the bonus money). Still, $15 million or more could be against their cap if they decide to cut him (instead of getting a trade partner when they decide he sucks balls - and, believe me, he does) and that's an awful lot for a QB that, in all reality, has a high likelihood of never panning out (proven fact that, besides Brett Favre and Randall Cunningham, no 2nd round drafted QB has ever been worth a damn).

morsdraconis
07-29-2011, 10:37 AM

As a Redskins fan, god I fuckin' hope it's not us. I don't want him. He's highly overrated in my opinion and no where near worth the amount of money that he's going to want (probably close to $65 million).

jaymo76
07-29-2011, 12:45 PM
As a Redskins fan, god I fuckin' hope it's not us. I don't want him. He's highly overrated in my opinion and no where near worth the amount of money that he's going to want (probably close to $65 million).

As a Raiders fan I can tell you that he's not overrated. Take hime off the Raider D and the last couple years are even worse. However, I will confess that he is HIGHLY, HIGHLY overpayed. That being said I'm sure that Schneider is interested...

steelerfan
07-29-2011, 01:00 PM
If it's structured as you suggest (backloaded) that's just going to make the cap hit worse. While, yes, the rest of the contract remaining wouldn't be a cap hit (I don't know what the hell I was thinking there), whatever his base salary is for the year that they cut him, will be guaranteed unless they cut him before March 1st (then it would only be the bonus money). Still, $15 million or more could be against their cap if they decide to cut him (instead of getting a trade partner when they decide he sucks balls - and, believe me, he does) and that's an awful lot for a QB that, in all reality, has a high likelihood of never panning out (proven fact that, besides Brett Favre and Randall Cunningham, no 2nd round drafted QB has ever been worth a damn).

They'll just cut him before March 1. If they hold on to him for 3 years the hit is around 10.8M, after 4 years it's about 7.2. If the deal is backloaded properly, his salary will be low enough in the first 3-4 years that keeping him around (even if he isn't playing at all) won't be excessively costly. Trading him wouldn't erase the bonus money from Arizona's books.

morsdraconis
07-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Snyder (btw) isn't making the calls at all. It's Mike Shanahan. Snyder signs the checks and that's it.

Snyder hasn't had any personnel input since before Gibbs was back in Washington in 2004. That, I can guarantee.

morsdraconis
07-29-2011, 01:06 PM
They'll just cut him before March 1. If they hold on to him for 3 years the hit is around 10.8M, after 4 years it's about 7.2. If the deal is backloaded properly, his salary will be low enough in the first 3-4 years that keeping him around (even if he isn't playing at all) won't be excessively costly. Trading him wouldn't erase the bonus money from Arizona's books.

Right. They'll still have the cap of the bonus money, but, if they don't cut him before March 1st of that season (hoping to get a trade out of him but unable to finalize one before the March 1st deadline), then the amount of dead cap money is going to be quite a bit more (since his salary for the following year would be included).

Also, the amount of spread out money for the contract can't be more than a 25% increase from one year to the next, so, while, yes, they can back load the contract, his cap number will still be somewhere in the $8-15 million range for the first three seasons.

Quite a bit of money to spend on a QB that really hasn't proven himself at all.

steelerfan
07-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Snyder (btw) isn't making the calls at all. It's Mike Shanahan. Snyder signs the checks and that's it.

Snyder hasn't had any personnel input since before Gibbs was back in Washington in 2004. That, I can guarantee.

This hilarious (and appalling) article suggests, as recently as last season, that Snyder was just claiming to back away from operations.

If Shanahan is making the calls, why would he bench McNabb one week and give him an extension the next? All so he could trade him away ASAP!? That's insane and I highly doubt Shanahan is that stupid.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/40063/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder/

steelerfan
07-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Right. They'll still have the cap of the bonus money, but, if they don't cut him before March 1st of that season (hoping to get a trade out of him but unable to finalize one before the March 1st deadline), then the amount of dead cap money is going to be quite a bit more (since his salary for the following year would be included).

Also, the amount of spread out money for the contract can't be more than a 25% increase from one year to the next, so, while, yes, they can back load the contract, his cap number will still be somewhere in the $8-15 million range for the first three seasons.

Quite a bit of money to spend on a QB that really hasn't proven himself at all.

March 1 won't sneak up on them. They'll cut him by then, if need be.

I agree that he is unproven. I just don't see it as a potential catastrophic situation. Odds are, he'll fail. I know.

morsdraconis
07-29-2011, 01:21 PM
The washington city paper has a personal vendetta against the Redskins. Everything they write is a complete and utter fabricated lie full of vindictive idiot "writing".

As for the whole McFlab thing, it was Shanahan. He was the one that traded for him. As for how he handled that whole situation, McFlab's work ethic fuckin' sucks and Mike (and, more so, Kyle) got tired of his bullshit. Unfortunately, they stupidly addressed it incorrectly in the media and it pretty much ballooned from there.

As for the extension, yes, it was all to trade him away immediately as well as appease his lazy ass. Hence the reason that it was setup to pay him a huge bonus on the 1st of September but barely anything before then. We had McFlab by the balls when it came to deciding what to do with him because we could have held onto him LONG after preseason was over and cut his ass right before the season started with barely anything against our cap (something like 800k or so) or he could sit quietly, and help us make a reasonable trade for him.

Believe me, Shanahan is the man running the show, and, before that, it was Zorn (unfortunately). Shanahan wouldn't even be in DC if he didn't have full control of the franchise to do what he wanted.

steelerfan
07-29-2011, 01:29 PM
A lot of that makes sense, it does.

Do you really believe that an entire newspaper is out to get the Redskins though? Is everything (all 100 or so) in that article about Snyder being a liar, theif, cheat, and an unscrupulous, heartless human being completely fabricated? Nearly every one of those "allegations" links a story from another site.

morsdraconis
07-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Everything there is embellished. The dude is trying to run a business. Of course there are going to be unscrupulous things done. It's America and it's a business worth billions of dollars. Name one that doesn't do unscrupulous things.

And, yes, everything that they write about the Redskins is either untrue, or taking the worst possible situation and magnifying it by 100. They have a personal vendetta against Snyder because of how he refuses them access into the Redskins locker room and created an official Redskins radio broadcast. Everyone that was an insider for that newspaper was fired.

Dude is an asshole, there's no doubt about that and, really, I don't care if he is or not. He runs his businesses well (except for the Six Flags thing, but that wasn't his fault, like the "writer" says it is) and makes a shit ton of money and, with that money, donates QUITE a bit to various foundations to help various horrible things that are happening around the country/world.

In the end, I can go through that list and disprove a good 90% of it (like charging fans $10 for parking and to go to a team practice - BOTH of those things is something that EVERY team does), as has already been done by other Redskins fans on the forum I participate in, but it's really not worth my time. As for the "proof" that they link to in all their allegations, 95% of them are linking to other articles by their newspaper instead of outside sources that have actual PROOF.

steelerfan
07-29-2011, 01:58 PM
If you say so. :)

EDIT: I only checked through E, but only 8 of 18 links were to their own paper (hardly 95%). ;)

morsdraconis
07-29-2011, 02:00 PM
:)

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 02:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6815288/nfl-roster-moves-player-deals-friday

Saints release ***, two others

JBHuskers
08-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Braylon Edwards might be opposite of Michael Crabtree in SF, now they just need someone to throw them the damn ball :D

mrh61988
08-03-2011, 06:54 PM
So who is in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes this year? My guesses: San Fran, Washington, Buffalo.

JBHuskers
08-03-2011, 06:56 PM
So who is in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes this year? My guesses: San Fran, Washington, Buffalo.

Seattle is my top guess for now. But San Fran may suck that bad this year to be in line to get him.

baseballplyrmvp
08-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Seattle is my top guess for now. But San Fran may suck that bad this year to be in line to get him.nah...we'll take matt barkley if he declares. :D