PDA

View Full Version : I love cheesers

Judge
07-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Need some tips to stop this play. Just played some douche bag who ran this same pitch play about 90% of his plays and everyone would get picked up and rarely the same defense worked twice because he would just flip the play and do the same thing.

Don't know exactly what formation it was but it was something I with a 2 TE and a WR. I know it wasn't the Maryland I but the play killed me the whole game.

Oh and please keep the "Don't play randoms" comments to yourself because playing in an OD or friends is not always an option.

Ended up losing 30 - 28. Got so frustrated with the play I chucked my controller across the room(and thankfully landed on my bed, lol)

I OU a Beatn
07-25-2011, 04:44 PM
5-2 Cover 1 Man. Press Triangle and then down on the left stick. Press triangle again and then down on the right stick. Press L1 and then up on the right stick. Take control of the safety in the blue zone, and sprint to the side the ball is tossed to. Do NOT worry about manually tackling him, just make sure you stay as far outside as you can so he has to cut back. This also works really well with 335 Cover 1, but it's a little more exposed to the middle run compared to the 5-2.

If he throws, just make sure you cover the middle with your safety.

JerzeyReign
07-25-2011, 04:45 PM
I can't say "Don't play randoms"... ummm, lets see... maybe, pick a different play? Did you try to show him the play that worked, manually control the safety and creep him up to the line on the 'weak' side?

Its been awhile since I 'played to win' but if you showed me with photos or a video of the play I bet I'd can cook somethin' up to stop it.

Judge
07-25-2011, 04:55 PM
I picked plenty of plays while controlling the FS most of the time but like I said everyone would just get blocked. Goal Line, Special Teams, Dime Corner Blitzes, 3-3-5 safety blitzes and everything else I could think of. Even when I would stop it a few times, it still worked later on. Eh, I am more calm now. Will just stick to offline, friends and OD's because I should know better that there are always kids who try this garbage.

classic
07-25-2011, 06:13 PM
prob that power I toss play ...it is a bitch to stop ...tons of alabama users run this offense lol...dime all out blitz is a good play to use as well as 1-5-5 prowl blitz just to force them inside.. power I toss and goaline counter are the 2 plays that give me hell i dont mind these when inside the 10 yard line either yours or mine..but when it is your base offense your pretty much a bum lol

th3 last tiger
07-25-2011, 09:12 PM
What formations do you have to work with?

JerzeyReign
07-26-2011, 08:32 AM
I picked plenty of plays while controlling the FS most of the time but like I said everyone would just get blocked. Goal Line, Special Teams, Dime Corner Blitzes, 3-3-5 safety blitzes and everything else I could think of. Even when I would stop it a few times, it still worked later on. Eh, I am more calm now. Will just stick to offline, friends and OD's because I should know better that there are always kids who try this garbage.
/
Stop the presses!! Wait... you told us not to say "Don't Play Randoms" just to come to that very same conclusion?! :)... ehh, Go Blue!

Judge
07-26-2011, 12:01 PM
I was pissed during the first post, lol. So that's why I said not to say that because it was the obvious thing to point out.

JerzeyReign
07-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Its all good bruh :)

TheRezyReb
07-26-2011, 11:31 PM
I have had some luck with the 425 on this, safety blitz

biggee04
08-01-2011, 03:24 PM
run cover 2 it stops most runs the corner plays hard and makes the back cut back or spill wide by that time ur safty is in hot pusuit