PDA

View Full Version : Double Coverage Broken?

Capt Orygun
07-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Granted that this is happening against Stanford during an away game but

Five times in the last two games I have played like this I find myself on defense in a 3rd and 16ish, should be a pretty good place to be. One of the receivers out wide will run a streak and Luck will throw the ball up for grabs. With two CB's on the reciever in question, keeping up with him (often bracketed hi-low) I feel the deflection, if not the pick, is well in hand. Then the receiver will jump for the ball, while the CBs attempt to catch without leaving their feet, and as they are in the catch animation they cannot hit the receiver to knock the ball away. The end result is that the wide receiver beats the double coverage every time, even though he is well covered. This seems to work 100% of the time this goes down.

Anybody else seeing this?

Keontez
07-31-2011, 06:06 PM
double coverage has been broken for a couple of years. I've usually used it out of the 4-2-5 and its so easily beaten.

cjg225
08-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Yes, I have seen this, as well. My DBs are awful in this regard.

It seems to be a Human thing. My receivers also do not jump for balls. They merely do the catch animation of holding out their hands. The CPU controlled DBs and WRs always actually JUMP for balls.

psusnoop
08-01-2011, 12:20 PM
I have seen this as well, where you change guys and go for the pick and nothing really happens. He just reaches for the ball instead of attacking the ball at it's highest point and I don't mean that I want the pick in this instance all the time, but I'd rather see my guy attempt to go for the ball instead of standing there pleading and begging for it to fall into his hands.