PDA

View Full Version : Is PA Bubble broken?

Capt Orygun
07-23-2011, 12:50 PM
for the second straight year, PA Bubble does not have a handoff option by holding down A, ala every other PA play I know of. Why?

It seems like a post snap LB read would make PA Bubble, assuming you could hand off up the middle, an excellent play against base formation defense. I have seen several teams run this in actual football.

Thoughts?

th3 last tiger
07-23-2011, 02:26 PM
for the most part all the bubble screens are worthless

Capt Orygun
07-23-2011, 02:39 PM
They work better against humans than CPU, but if either try and load the box they can make excellent plays imo (I average 6-10 yards a play when I identify the defense correctly). The problem is if they line up in the box, but are actually playing the receivers, you have no second option because the PA is broken. On more than one occasion I have been grinning ear to ear with my 4WR bubble screen against a 34 or 43 base defense, only to see the LB's shift out the second I hike the ball and find myself with no real second option. If the PA Bubble actually had the same handoff option as everything else, however, it would make it a very worthwhile play!

gopackgo
10-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Screens in general seem to be completely broken, especially bubble screens. The player you are throwing to is off the screen and I generally only get 2-3 yards, if that on bubble screens. There also seem to be a lot of incompletions where the QB will just throw the ball out of bounds.

blkkrptnt819
10-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Every shotgun playaction should have a handoff option.

Marlowe
12-16-2011, 10:20 AM
I have one in my cpb that hands off to the rb. I'll have to check which formation. I'll post again when I get home.

As far as the bubbles (and screens in general)...not broken...but they require practice because you need to recognize which coverage to run them against. You also have to figure out how hard to throw the pass and whether you need to lead the pass or not. And finally...you need to understand which screens you can let the CPU auto QB drop back occur and which screens
require you to break the animation as quickly as possible (bubble screens).

Only screens I still have a problem with are the WR/FL screens. Haven't figured those out yet. :/