PDA

View Full Version : Week 2, 2011

Oneback
07-20-2011, 10:22 PM
=============== Colorado State Rams (1-0) ===============
Last week, Colorado State won 37-27 against Ball State (0-1).
This week, the Rams travel to Albuquerque to face the New Mexico Lobos (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Colorado State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) MLB Roderick Mays has committed to Nevada

=============== Troy Trojans (0-0) ===============
Last week the Trojans were idle.
This week, the Trojans travel to Clemson to face the Clemson Tigers (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Troy targets have announced their decisions:
- (*) FB Nick Smith has committed to UAB
- (***) RG Adam Triplett has committed to Troy

=============== Marshall Thundering Herd (0-0) ===============
Last week the Thundering Herd were idle.
This week, the Thundering Herd travel to Morgantown to face the #25 West Virginia Mountaineers (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Marshall targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) DT Joe Larson has committed to Marshall
- (***) CB Shawn Smith has committed to North Carolina
- (***) FS Leon Willis has committed to Cincinnati

=============== Iowa State Cyclones (0-0) ===============
Last week the Cyclones were idle.
This week, the Cyclones travel to Ft. Lauderdale to face the Florida Atlantic Owls (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Iowa State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Ali Goins has committed to Iowa State
- (***) RG Paul Jenkins has committed to Tulsa
- (****) LG Brian Blair has committed to Boise State
- (****) DT Isaac Marshall has committed to Texas

=============== Duke Blue Devils (1-0) ===============
Last week, Duke won 34-31 against Utah State (0-1).
This week, the Blue Devils are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Duke targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) C Doug Anderson has committed to Duke

=============== Wake Forest Demon Deacons (0-0) ===============
Last week the Demon Deacons were idle.
This week, the Demon Deacons travel to Syracuse to face the Syracuse Orange (0-0).

=============== Colorado Buffaloes (0-0) ===============
Last week the Buffaloes were idle.
This week, the Buffaloes travel to Honolulu to face the Hawai'i Warriors (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Colorado targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) MLB Tony Bowling has committed to Wyoming
- (**) FS Carl Holly has committed to Colorado

=============== Kansas Jayhawks (0-0) ===============
Last week the Jayhawks were idle.
This week, the Jayhawks will host Akron (0-0).

=============== Vanderbilt Commodores (0-1) ===============
Last week, Vanderbilt lost 31-17 against Indiana (1-0).
This week, the Commodores will host Central Michigan (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Vanderbilt targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Richie Brooks has committed to Vanderbilt
- (***) WR Brad Bush has committed to Vanderbilt

=============== Indiana Hoosiers (1-0) ===============
Last week, Indiana won 31-17 against Vanderbilt (0-1).
This week, the Hoosiers will host Ball State (0-1).
In recruiting news, the following Indiana targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) FS Shaun Hunter has committed to Central Michigan
- (***) CB Mike Hawkins has committed to Illinois

=============== Minnesota Golden Gophers (0-0) ===============
Last week the Golden Gophers were idle.
This week, the Golden Gophers travel to Los Angeles to face the USC Trojans (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Minnesota targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) SS Brandon Brown has committed to Minnesota
- (***) CB Bryce Ross has committed to Texas Tech

=============== Miami University RedHawks (0-0) ===============
Last week the RedHawks were idle.
This week, the RedHawks travel to Columbia to face the #21 Missouri Tigers (0-0).

Papa LoneStar
07-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Big CPU opponents this week....look forward to seeing the final scores

skipwondah33
07-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Kansas topples Akron

Akron was able to put together a wonderful 8 play 72 yard drive to open the game, that would be the only time they held the lead. The Jayhawk offense would have an answer to tie then the defense would step up with a nice user pick-six. After that the Jayhawks were able to roll away from Akron with the final score being 48-17.

QB Jordan Webb would go 13-29 for 242 yards, 2 TD's and 1 interception. RB James Sims would carry the ball 19 times for 62 yards and 2 scores. Impact wide out Daymond Patterson would contribute 5 receptions for 89 yards and a nice TD reception in the corner of the endzone.

On defense MLB Steve Mestan was all over the field making plays. He chipped in 9 tackles (6 solo, 3 assist) 1 fumble recovery, 1 interception and 1 TD.

psuexv
07-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Damn, I lost :fp:

fsuprime
07-21-2011, 09:48 AM
its gonna be tough, i am not looking forward to playing stanford...i started an offline dynasty with FSU last night and OU's DLine was crushing me all game. I did win but it was an epic battle until their QB made some desperation throws in the 4th. I kicked 4 or 5 FGs lol.

Can we get a recap of papa vs snoop?

psuexv
07-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Can we get a recap of papa vs snoop?

I'm assuming you me mean.... Papa and I got disconnected 3 times last night. First game in the 1st he was up 7-0, 2nd game I think it was 7-0 again in the 1st, 3rd game we got to the 3rd it was 24-30(I think). So we both went on autopilot and the game was simmed.

skipwondah33
07-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Damn I have a feeling that same type of thing is going to happen when I play user games. Its already happened in the 12 games between G and Oneback I've tried to play. If so its going to take ALOT of fun out of dynasty play :(

fsuprime
07-21-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm assuming you me mean.... Papa and I got disconnected 3 times last night. First game in the 1st he was up 7-0, 2nd game I think it was 7-0 again in the 1st, 3rd game we got to the 3rd it was 24-30(I think). So we both went on autopilot and the game was simmed.

oops my bad, was reading the thread from the iphone at the crappy ATL airport, sounds awful :/

psuexv
07-21-2011, 10:32 AM
oops my bad, was reading the thread from the iphone at the crappy ATL airport, sounds awful :/

It was(because I lost the sim, :) )

Oneback
07-21-2011, 10:38 AM
I really hope they get the online issue sorted out shortly, if they don't I don't know that they will be able to recover from all the ill will towards the game it will cause. I've already emailed people at EA looking for an update, hopefully I'll hear something shortly.

Oneback
07-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Colorado State wins their second straight game to open the season flying out of the gates. With the 45-21 over New Mexico the Ram's offense is really starting to flex it's muscle.

Sophomore quarterback Pete Thomas threw for 386 yards and 4 touchdowns on 28 of 47 passing to bring his season total to 777 yards and 7 touchdowns.

The Rams defense while giving up 21 points was able to make some plays by sacking the New Mexico quarterback four times and grabbing one interception. The defense only allowed 254 yards to the Lobos offense while limiting their passing game to 172 yards on 11 of 28 passing.

Next week the Rams have a bye week to get ready to travel to in-state rival Colorado the following week.

psuexv
07-21-2011, 12:43 PM
I really hope they get the online issue sorted out shortly, if they don't I don't know that they will be able to recover from all the ill will towards the game it will cause. I've already emailed people at EA looking for an update, hopefully I'll hear something shortly.

It's not only that, there are so many bugs with the game itself. Constant freeze issues, Black screens, etc. Hopefully they can patch all of this.

skipwondah33
07-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Definitely agree

Papa LoneStar
07-21-2011, 01:38 PM
It was(because I lost the sim, :) )

I'm happy with the win....and the better defense that the cpu showed....but I wish I had that 200 yards for my RB. I'm trying to lead the nation in rushing so I can get another Earl, Jr.

fsuprime
07-21-2011, 01:50 PM
hey Gshwendt can you comment on this since you have a newer PS3?
Hayvis at other site

I got a new PS3 and the game runs flawlessly, proving my point. This game is a massive stress to the laser on the optical drive.

gschwendt
07-21-2011, 02:02 PM
hey Gshwendt can you comment on this since you have a newer PS3?
Hayvis at other site
Not sure what you want me to comment on... I haven't had any problems if that's what you're asking. It's not running hot or putting any extra stress as far as I'm aware.

fsuprime
07-21-2011, 02:05 PM
ohh basically there are big slow downs during game play, http://ncaastrategies.com/utopia/topic/76599-lagfreeze-on-ps3-eas-going-to-break-my-perfectly-good-console/

his first post describes it pretty well, I understand if you do not want to go over there and read it.

Right. I've spent some more time with a problem on PS3 with slight lag and audio stutter. Only happens a couple of times a day, but I can read the future for my console and it does not look good.

The conditions are very obvious. It seems to be when a shit load of stuff needs to be read from the disc. For example, when it's a big play, and the dynamic crowd noise kicks in, along with some new bit of commentary, along with an instant replay, probably an auto-highlight, and sometimes when I'm hurrying up too. The result is lag in gameplay and some stutter in audio. Basically, if EA wants to add a new piece of shit to the game, they just whack the thing on the disc without regard to the way the data is read, which I suspect is not the practice of most developers.

This was always a problem with the Xbox version of the game and one of the reasons why Microsoft allowed the installation of their games to hard drive (they sell a shit load of machines with cheap DVD drives in them). If you look back over the last five years, this game has contributed to the bricking of a shit load of Xboxs due to it's stupid disc data reading setup.

I think I could probably go out and buy a brand new PS3 and it would play the game without any fault, but as my PS3 is not used very often and is perfectly able to play other games with absolutely no problem, then I can see that this is a fault of EA. Also, I know that it would do a good job of fucking a new optical drive in the ass and giving the new one the slow death.

They should have an installation on the game that puts the audio on hard drive and takes a load off the optical drive. This is exactly what happens with MLB The Show, probably for this exact reason. I know that EA is fucking retarded, but this just makes me so fucking angry, because as a man that is not involved with the industry at all, it's obvious to me what the problem is and how it could be fixed.

So; even though the problem doesn't crash the game, it certainly ruins what little fun can be had from it, so I think I will be passing on all EA football titles until they do a hard drive install, and get rid of these fucking problems that I suspect they've known about for years.

I would think that if anyone fancied a new lawsuit against these muppet men, this might have some grounds. Xbox owners have had this for years, and I can't believe they let this shit spread to the PS3.

I have noticed in the 4th quarter if I go hurry up after a big play/first down that the game will just freeze for 2 to 3 seconds or so before collecting itself and continuing on. There are other various annoying pauses as well. Hayvis Indicates later in the thread that he bought a new ps3 and it fixed it.

I was wondering if you were experiencing any of his (my) complaints.

gschwendt
07-21-2011, 02:09 PM
I experienced the freeze at no huddle (though not sure if I have recently). I think it's a bug in the game or something, not a matter of the system not reading the disc but rather just a hitch in the programming (though not certain).

Papa LoneStar
07-21-2011, 02:12 PM
I don't know much about the programming, data, optical, etc....but I do know that RockStar has a file installed on your hard drive (last 2 games I've owned by them: GTA4 and Red Dead Redemption)....and it allows those games to run smooth....that's what stood out to me in the post that Prime quoted.

skipwondah33
07-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Yes data is read from a HD faster than it is from a disc but that shouldn't cause freezes or hiccups for every single person. Just a bug in the programming. There is a way to avoid the hitch when you run no huddle (which happens regardless of what quarter it is ran for me), you just have to wait a little longer before you hit the button I have found.

RcSinger
07-21-2011, 07:26 PM
I think it has to do with the upgraded graphIcs and extra calculations. There are places other than the hurry up where it pauses and takes a while to load. I don't think it's a bug, I think they just programmed the game to try to handle way too much data on the fly. Visually the game is superior to it's predecessors by a lot more than previous version upgrades. And that 3d grass crap. They obviously changes the AI substantially for the CPU controlled team. Hopefully a patch will fix these problems.

Iron Dragon
07-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Clemson comes out in the Wildcat, then no-huddles to 5-Wide and Andre Ellington takes off on QB Draw and scores... am I playing a cheeser?

Then they came out in wildcat again, no-huddled to 4 WR, TE in backfield, handed it off to some freshman RB on a jet sweep and he scored.

Iron Dragon
07-21-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm not a fan of these sliders at all.. 51-22 loss..

7 drops on conservative, and they had 4 INTs (one where the DB wasn't looking at the ball and it magically floated into his hands), 12 deflected passes... super defender was in full force and it wasn't fun. I had plays where a guy was wide open and suddenly a LB runs a 4.1 40 over to the ball and swats it with one hand.

Last year I had a terrible first game and then things worked themselves out... soo... gotta be patient.

skipwondah33
07-21-2011, 08:04 PM
That's not necessarily the sliders but the game itself. I've had games like you just described playing on default sliders...although I didn't get that audible down garbage that you got

Iron Dragon
07-21-2011, 08:21 PM
That's not necessarily the sliders but the game itself. I've had games like you just described playing on default sliders...although I didn't get that audible down garbage that you got

The no-huddling fun only happened in the first half. Another weird thing Clemson did was that they took out their starters, then we scored a TD and they came back in.. and instead of running out the clock, they kicked a field goal.

RcSinger
07-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Halftime, loosing the game 42 - 17

Papa LoneStar
07-21-2011, 09:00 PM
:Indiana:

The Hoosiers improve to 2-0 by beating Ball State 52-17. Junior RB Darius Willis led the attack with 122 rushing yards and 1 TD. Senior WR Damarlo Belcher kept the D honest with 5 catches for 62 yards and a score. Junior DT Adam Replogle dominated the Cardinal offensive line with 4 TFL and 3 sack. Next week....Indiana will welcome the Virginia Cavaliers into town....11am central on FSN.

RcSinger
07-21-2011, 09:00 PM
I just got the hell kicked out of me. It was 55 - 17 in the 3rd qtr. I simmed most of the 4th qtr. They scored 4 TD's on the same play. A sideline streak. Every time I called cover 2 they ran that route. I stayed in cover 3 after the 5th play and 2nd TD on this play and they still converted it. They hit routes behind my deep coverage and on the other side of the ball they had every receiver locked down tighter than dicks hatband. I couldn't run the ball at all because my blockers would just ignore the defender right across from them in order to double team one who couldn't even make the play in the first place or the defender would break through the block every time. This was far and away the least fun I have ever had playing football.

gschwendt
07-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Iowa State handily takes care of Florida Atlantic 38-16. Early on the game appeared in doubt as the Owls lead 9-7 at the end of the first quarter, but 14 unanswered points by Cyclones and they took over for the remainder of the game.

The dual-headed runningback monster for the Cyclones (Jeff Woody and Shontrelle Johnson) managed to combine for 208 yards on 30 carries with 2 touchdowns as well as 66 yards on 3 catches and a touchdown from Johnson. QB Jerome Tiller was under pressure most of the day but did manage to add a rushing touchdown to go along with his 11/18 passing with 153 yards, and two touchdown passes.

Defensively, the Cyclones kept the pressure on all game as FAU QB David Kooi was sacked 9 times on the day, largely due to coverage sacks where Kooi couldn't find anyone open. However, that didn't stop the Owls from amassing 276 yards through the air, something Iowa State coach Brandon Edwards hopes to correct.

"We did a great job in putting pressure on their QB... we got them into a lot of 2nd & long and 3rd & long but then turned around and gave up the eventual first down. We've got to find a way to seal off our deep coverage when we know they're passing. Part of that is just from a group of guys still getting used to my system, but eventually instincts will have to take over regardless of what the play-call is".

Iowa State next hosts in-state rival Iowa Hawkeyes in a game that will go a long way to determine what kind of season the Cyclones will have.

fsuprime
07-21-2011, 09:34 PM
clemson has been known to no huddle i thought?

just remember our teams are supposed to lose vs BCS teams, i except stanford to take me out back.

ryby6969
07-21-2011, 09:40 PM
I got some dental work done today and have a massive headache right now. I will get my game in tomorrow night after work at around 8est.

gschwendt
07-21-2011, 09:45 PM
I got some dental work done today and have a massive headache right now. I will get my game in tomorrow night after work at around 8est.
Not acceptable.

psusnoop
07-21-2011, 10:41 PM
I got handled by WVU, but I should have really. 54-20 was the final.

RYBY and Kingpin32 remain. Also Iron Dragon needs to recruit (this sounds familiar :D)

I couldn't establish a running game at all but quickly abandoned it because of falling behind 24-0 but I settled and got it to 37-20 then threw 3 picks inside their 20 and proceeded to add a few more :fp:

Good game and not unhappy with the results. Figured I've got to really play well to have a chance and I didn't play good at all.

Iron Dragon
07-21-2011, 10:56 PM
I'll recruit tomorrow morning.. I need TO STOP FORGETTING. I did this too much in NCAA 11 and I can see my bad habit is still around. I need to recruit before games, not three days after.

psuexv
07-22-2011, 08:03 AM
I still need to play my game. Will get it in tonight.

psusnoop
07-22-2011, 09:08 AM
I still need to play my game. Will get it in tonight.

VERY WEAK :down:

fsuprime
07-22-2011, 09:52 AM
yea ID, the best thing to do is recruit before you play, it really doesn't take that much longer and just works out better for everyone :)

Papa LoneStar
07-22-2011, 12:24 PM
I'll recruit tomorrow morning.. I need TO STOP FORGETTING. I did this too much in NCAA 11 and I can see my bad habit is still around. I need to recruit before games, not three days after.

yea ID, the best thing to do is recruit before you play, it really doesn't take that much longer and just works out better for everyone :)

I always recruit before...a habit installed from my NCAA 2002-2004 years of running a 2-4 man sim/play each other dynasty with friends.

Kingpin32
07-22-2011, 02:44 PM
I'll get my game/recruiting in after I finish fixing my laptop. I been waiting all week for the parts to get here to do it.

ryby6969
07-22-2011, 07:18 PM
About to play now.

ryby6969
07-22-2011, 08:32 PM
The Miami University Redhawks go to Missouri and knock off the #21 Tigers by the score of 21-13. JR QB Zac Dysert shook off a rough first half to lead his team to three 2nd half score to come from behind and get the victory. Sophomore HB Tracy Woods added 124 yards and 2 scores and earned POTG honors. The Redhawk defense recorded 6 sacks on the day, including 3.5 by Junior DT Austin Brown.

Oneback
07-22-2011, 11:07 PM
KingPin is all that remains

skipwondah33
07-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Hope we can advance...get that week in then advance again before I leave on vacation.

fsuprime
07-23-2011, 09:31 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RhoiX9HEM_o/TE-0qsMt1PI/AAAAAAAABnk/fsbT_46gIH0/s1600/RGA_conanbarbarian460.jpg

Kingpin32
07-23-2011, 09:31 AM
I finished up last night. We should advance whenever Oneback wakes up.

Papa LoneStar
07-23-2011, 12:40 PM
lmao @ that pic, Prime

fsuprime
07-23-2011, 01:57 PM
sweet just had a game freeze at the end of game in my offline dynasty...i love ea programming

Oneback
07-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Sorry about the delay...I've been putting my office together all day...had to build a new desk. I've got to run to the store real quick but I will advance when I get back.