PDA

View Full Version : TeamBuilder Website Updated for NCAA Football 11 - UPDATE

Kwizzy
06-15-2010, 03:48 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAF11logo.jpg
The TeamBuilder website (http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/home) has been updated for NCAA Football 11. Among some of the known improvements:

- 118 of 120 FBS teams have their authentic stadium and Cowboys Stadium has also been added to the game accordingly.
- Ability to place text on the chest of the jersey.
- Updated field art for schools such as Miami, Alabama, Kansas, South Carolina, Army, Iowa, USF, and more.
- Updates and/or corrections to stadiums for schools including: Nebraska, Arizona State, Miami, Michigan, and more.
- Updated uniforms & helmets including the Nike Pro Combats, 1930s Colorado throwback, additional Oregon combinations, and more.
- More mascots.
- Rosters updated for NCAA Football 11.

All teams made for NCAA Football 10 will carry over to NCAA Football 11. Let the editing being for TeamBuilder in NCAA Football 11! If you notice additional new TeamBuilder aspects, share them here with the community.

Solidice
06-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Rice, WKU, Minnesota(already known), Miami(OH), San Jose State, and Kent State's stadium is in the game. so no team has a generic stadium now.

the Dallas Cowboys' stadium is in the game and is set for the Cotton Bowl and Big 12 Championship games.

CLW
06-15-2010, 03:49 PM
So... who is going to create the powerhouse TGT team?

cdj
06-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, Kwizzy!

Deuce
06-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Does anyone know if you have to do anything to get your 2010 teams to transfer over to 2011? I check a few minutes ago and my teams were not there.

gschwendt
06-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Does anyone know if you have to do anything to get your 2010 teams to transfer over to 2011? I check a few minutes ago and my teams were not there.
Mine are all showing up for me listed under My Schools in the upper right corner.

CLW
06-15-2010, 04:14 PM
The TeamBuilder website (http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/home) has been updated for NCAA Football 11. Among some of the known improvements:

- Ability to place text on the chest of the jersey.
- Updated field art for schools such as Miami, Alabama, Kansas, South Carolina, Army, Iowa, USF, and more.
- Updates and/or corrections to stadiums for schools including: Nebraska, Arizona State, Miami, Michigan, and more.
- Updated uniforms & helmets including the Nike Pro Combats, 1930s Colorado throwback, additional Oregon combinations, and more.
- More mascots.
- Rosters updated for NCAA Football 11.

All teams made for NCAA Football 10 will carry over to NCAA Football 11. Let the editing being for TeamBuilder in NCAA Football 11! If you notice additional new TeamBuilder aspects, share them here with the community.

Two things: #1 how many combos does that give Oregon now? #2 Is that the "final" NCAA 11 roster file. I know last year there was the "huge" issue with the wrong set of rosters making the Team Builder/Disc.

iBrandon
06-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Site won't work for me. I can click on browse schools and nothing. I wanted to check out Baylor's roster. I guess I'll have to wait until I get home.

Deuce
06-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Mine are all showing up for me listed under My Schools in the upper right corner.

Ok thx! It seems relly buggy on my computer at work so maybe it has something to do with being on my work pc.

cdj
06-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Two things: #1 how many combos does that give Oregon now? #2 Is that the "final" NCAA 11 roster file. I know last year there was the "huge" issue with the wrong set of rosters making the Team Builder/Disc.

1 - Way too many! ;) 6 helmets, 7 home jerseys, 3 road jerseys, 9 pants - that was at a quick count.

2- I'd assume these are final, but I haven't looked at them yet.

beartide06
06-15-2010, 04:34 PM
one thing i noticed is that the cleats look very generic. They don't have the updated styles.

P.S. Alabama is loaded on defense lol

NYSWAG1490
06-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Texas Roster is Kinda Messed Up

Deuce
06-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Any new 'generic' unis?

Flav
06-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Just noticed that you can have 2 players be the same number on the team (1 offense, 1 defense) Thank god!

- Michigan Stadium renovation is in for sure! Yes!

Kwizzy
06-15-2010, 04:42 PM
been checking the old site every day for a week but didnt want to say anything for fear of jinxing it... then noticed it posted on utopia :D

Solidice
06-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Akron's stadium seems to be completely missing on the TB site. I guess it's something that can be added to the site in an update.

Flav
06-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Akron's stadium seems to be completely missing on the TB site. I guess it's something that can be added to the site in an update.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ccw460.png

The beautiful big house renovation :)

Solidice
06-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Texas Tech's new seating is in(they added about 6,000 seats). can't tell if the new press boxes/suites are in. I'm not expecting it to be though, since they are not done yet.

Solidice
06-15-2010, 05:09 PM
I've updated my uniform document I made last year. I believe I got all the new stuff in. it's just a text listing of the uniforms that are in TB, no pictures. I'll attach it if anyone wants to look at it.

ebin
06-15-2010, 05:28 PM
I love this feature and I'm glad EA made as many real life changes as they did, but man, I was really hoping we'd get more control over the rosters. I was especially hoping for the ability to set classes (including redshirt status), change positions, and specify home states. Those (seemingly simple) changes would have made importing current dynasty teams so much easier and more accurate.

Kwizzy
06-15-2010, 05:46 PM
I love this feature and I'm glad EA made as many real life changes as they did, but man, I was really hoping we'd get more control over the rosters. I was especially hoping for the ability to set classes (including redshirt status), change positions, and specify home states. Those (seemingly simple) changes would have made importing current dynasty teams so much easier and more accurate.

You can edit all of that... I know for a fact you can do it in the game. Also, the only way you can have 2 players with the same number is if they are already in the default roster that way. Otherwise it wont let you change another player to the same number as another. :(

jaymo76
06-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Only two pants option again... I was hoping they would give us three or four.

ebin
06-15-2010, 06:00 PM
You can edit all of that... I know for a fact you can do it in the game.

Really? It's been months since I played NCAA 10, and I don't have a copy of the game handy to check, but I don't remember that option. Can you change those things for a Teambuilder team after importing it to your console but before starting a dynasty?

JeffHCross
06-15-2010, 06:04 PM
been checking the old site every day for a week but didnt want to say anything for fear of jinxing it... then noticed it posted on utopia :DIt seems to me that the old site isn't updated yet. I'm guessing they didn't want this to go live yet.

JeffHCross
06-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Really? It's been months since I played NCAA 10, and I don't have a copy of the game handy to check, but I don't remember that option. Can you change those things for a Teambuilder team after importing it to your console but before starting a dynasty?Erm ... no. I don't know what Kwizzy's talking about. On Teambuilder, all of the edits must be done on the website. Unlike the NCAA 10 game, on Teambuilder (at least in '10) you could not edit a player's class (at least not to the extent of adding or removing a Redshirt), you could not change states, and you could not change positions.

EDIT: Also, unlike the game, which as he said limits you to having players of the same number that are on the default roster, Teambuilder appears to have no limits regarding players having the same number.

ebin
06-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Erm ... no. I don't know what Kwizzy's talking about. On Teambuilder, all of the edits must be done on the website. Unlike the NCAA 10 game, on Teambuilder (at least in '10) you could not edit a player's class (at least not to the extent of adding or removing a Redshirt), you could not change states, and you could not change positions.

I thought as much, and as far as I can tell, it's still that way for '11. It's a real shame too. I wonder what the rationale/technical reasons for those limitations are.

Solidice
06-15-2010, 06:47 PM
from what I cant tell, the other new mascots that have not been announced are:
North Texas - Scrappy
Washington State - Butch
Cincinnati - The Bearcat
Freson State - Timeout
USF - Rocky
Connecticut - Jonathan

there looks to be empty spots that I assume are supposed to be mascots, but for some reason are not showing up.

JeffHCross
06-15-2010, 07:03 PM
I thought as much, and as far as I can tell, it's still that way for '11. It's a real shame too. I wonder what the rationale/technical reasons for those limitations are.Technically, there shouldn't be any limitation. Sadly, they're very familiar, as I think many of those items were limitations in the past on the game. You couldn't edit a player's class until NCAA 07 on the 360 and NCAA 08 on the PS2 (strangely, they took it away in NCAA 08 for 360/PS3). States seem like they were disallowed at some point in the past, but maybe not because they haven't been around that long. Position changes, obviously, didn't function for a long, long time.

I'm in luck though. The base Ohio State roster has the exact positions I want for my 1995 team except I'm missing 1 TE, have a couple extra DBs on the base roster, and I'm missing one K. Not sure what I'll do about the TE, but I'll just create one of the DBs as my kicker and use Position Changes in the offseason.

cdj
06-15-2010, 07:08 PM
The list of stadium/field art improvements that I noticed:

Alabama - Updated field art (midfield logo not 100% correct)
Arkansas - Broyles Athletic Complex looks correct (incorrect field art)
Arizona State - Updated field art & stadium trim
Army - Updated field art
Fresno State - Field art slightly updated (mid-field logo still inaccurate)
Iowa - Updated field art
Kansas - Updated field art (goal posts should be white)
Louisiana Tech - Updated field art
Miami - Updated field art & stadium signage/trim
Memphis - Updated field art
Minnesota - Updated field art (missing Big 10 logos)
Nebraska - Updated skybox/stadium signage
Pittsburgh - Updated endzone signage/seating structure
San Jose State - Updated field art
South Carolina - Updated field art
Tennessee - Jumbotron added
Texas - Updated field art, correct Big 12 logo
Tulsa - Updated field art
USF - Updated field art
Utah - Updated field art

Cowboys Stadium added

Possible
Ohio State - New video board, not sure what changed exactly but there is one in closed end of stadium
Rutgers - Stadium expansion may be in, tough to tell

Most disappointing is that it appears East Carolina's field art did not make it into the game. All changes like these have to be signed off on by the respective schools, so maybe EA couldn't get permission. Quite a few changes that I noticed and I am sure there are more we can't tell via the TB site.

morsdraconis
06-15-2010, 07:12 PM
(sigh) Still no Akron stadium?

Come on EA! How ya gonna give them their Mascot but not update their stadium/have it on the teambuilder website?

WVU's roster is still incorrect and off by a good bit at QB. Doesn't have either of the freshman QBs that they just got that are going to be HUGE additions to the pocket passing aspect of the offense. Still has Coley White at QB when he's been taking more snaps in spring at WR than anything.

Kwizzy
06-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I guess I wasn't thinking about teambuilder teams... I was referring to being able to edit all of that info on the teams in the game... In teambuilder yeah you can make all of your players have the same # if you wanted, but in the game they have to already have the same number. Kind of a weird problem & one that has been towards the top 5 of my personal wishlist for quite awhile now.

Solidice
06-15-2010, 07:35 PM
The list of stadium/field art improvements that I noticed:

looks like Texas Tech's new seating expansion(from last year) got in. the picture they used in TB shows it off. don't think/expect them to have Tech's new press boxes/suites in though, as they are not done yet(don't think so anyway).

Kwizzy
06-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Nice to see the banners make it into Memorial Stadium! I think those are so badass!

cdj
06-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Nice to see the banners make it into Memorial Stadium! I think those are so badass!

The North end zone wall is littered with banners in game as well to match real life and the south end zone wall is bare, also like real life. They also added in the Sellout Streak and AA banners on the railings in north stadium. It looks great.

Kingpin32
06-15-2010, 08:01 PM
looks like Texas Tech's new seating expansion(from last year) got in. the picture they used in TB shows it off. don't think/expect them to have Tech's new press boxes/suites in though, as they are not done yet(don't think so anyway).

I think they should be done by the end of the summer hopefully, but I think if they had the concept art for the stadium, they may still have been able to put them in.

jaymo76
06-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Oops... two teambuilder websites... the one for 10 isn't updated and the one for 11 is. That would explain a few things.

Deuce
06-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Am I retarded or what? I can't get the chest text to work. Geez, my computer skills suck

Kingpin32
06-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Am I retarded or what? I can't get the chest text to work. Geez, my computer skills suck
Did you change the font size, where it says off at?

Deuce
06-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Did you change the font size, where it says off at?

Ya, I've tried everything I can think of. I basically changed every option and clicked on every color.

Kingpin32
06-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Ya, I've tried everything I can think of. I basically changed every option and clicked on every color.

You know its not working for me either. Weird.

Solidice
06-15-2010, 09:33 PM
it seems to be random. try logging off and closing the site out altogether. then go back to the site, log in, and try again.

Deuce
06-15-2010, 09:39 PM
it seems to be random. try logging off and closing the site out altogether. then go back to the site, log in, and try again.

Yep, that worked. I guess it did actually save b/c it was there as soon as I got back on. It just wasn't showing up as I was typing.

ebin
06-16-2010, 01:11 AM
Technically, there shouldn't be any limitation. Sadly, they're very familiar, as I think many of those items were limitations in the past on the game. You couldn't edit a player's class until NCAA 07 on the 360 and NCAA 08 on the PS2 (strangely, they took it away in NCAA 08 for 360/PS3). States seem like they were disallowed at some point in the past, but maybe not because they haven't been around that long. Position changes, obviously, didn't function for a long, long time.

I'm in luck though. The base Ohio State roster has the exact positions I want for my 1995 team except I'm missing 1 TE, have a couple extra DBs on the base roster, and I'm missing one K. Not sure what I'll do about the TE, but I'll just create one of the DBs as my kicker and use Position Changes in the offseason.

I had forgotten you couldn't edit classes and positions in previous versions of the game, but you're right, EA has a perplexing habit of putting seemingly arbitrary limitations on what we can do with the rosters. God forbid they let us play the game the way we want to.

You did get lucky. Who knows how much time I'll spend combing through the rosters trying to find one that is a reasonable approximation of my 2018 Georgia Tech squad.

coogrfan
06-16-2010, 09:53 AM
Sadly, it appears my Coogs updated field art didn't make it this year:

- end zone font incorrect;

- left (North) end zone should read "HOUSTON" (EA has gotten this wrong in every NG NCAA to date, to the best of my knowledge UH has never had "COUGARS" in both ez's);

- midfield logo too small (only 10 yds long, s/b almost twice that size--approx 18 yds);

- there s/b no "wet cat" logos;

- C-USA logos missing (present in stadium view, not in field view?)

cdj
06-16-2010, 10:01 AM
I noticed that as well when I went through my list, coog. I wonder if it's them not getting to it or the school not signing off. I did see that Butch looks improved (I think), but the pose he is makes it tough to tell.

The conference logos do not show up on the field (art) view as the game will put in whatever conference they are in. The stadium pic is what you should rely on.

Kwizzy
06-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Aparently this isn't the final site for NCAA 11 it's a site they used to test changes to the 10 teambuilder site. So don't plan on using any of the teams you create on this site in the game. According to a developer on OS fwiw.

coogrfan
06-16-2010, 10:26 AM
I noticed that as well when I went through my list, coog. I wonder if it's them not getting to it or the school not signing off. That's possible I suppose, although I was playing NCAA 09 (ps2) the other day and was surprised to see that the last gen guys got the "HOUSTON" in the north ez correct.

i did see that Butch looks improved (I think), but the pose he is makes it tough to tell. That is good news...unfortunately UH's mascot is Shasta, which was (sadly) nowhere to be found. :cool:

The conference logos do not show up on the field (art) view as the game will put in whatever conference they are in. The stadium pic is what you should rely on.

Gotcha.

Sinister
06-16-2010, 10:29 AM
they took the site down it wasn't the real ncaa 11 version. next one should be up no eta but according to developers on OS it shouldn't have gone public

Deuce
06-16-2010, 10:32 AM
they took the site down it wasn't the real ncaa 11 version. next one should be up no eta but according to developers on OS it shouldn't have gone public

That's good b/c it was buggy as hell.

Solidice
06-16-2010, 10:49 AM
it seems Akron will be the only team playing at a generic stadium. they didn't get their new stadium made in time, and the school requested that they don't use the Rubber Bowl.

ebin
06-16-2010, 12:36 PM

Interesting. Hopefully that means they're adding new features, rather than just givving us a false sense of hope.

morsdraconis
06-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Interesting. Hopefully that means they're adding new features, rather than just givving us a false sense of hope.

Even more than that, hopefully it means the missing stuff and incorrect rosters (which were pretty bad for some teams) are going to be fixed as well.

ebin
06-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Even more than that, hopefully it means the missing stuff and incorrect rosters (which were pretty bad for some teams) are going to be fixed as well.

Most definitely. There's no excuse for the number of issues with some of those rosters had.

cdj
06-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Just to make it clear (news posting has been updated), OMT confirmed that the site was not meant to go public and wasn't final. Teams made on it might work in NCAA 11, but he can't guarantee it.

Kingpin32
06-16-2010, 02:24 PM
I hope they change the look of it for 2011 and make it a bit more streamlined.

jaymo76
06-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Fingers crossed for one or two more PANTS options!!!