PDA

View Full Version : Zone vs. Man

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 09:20 PM
What are some good plays to use against the CPU if they are in Man or Zone?

Also how can I force a team to run Man or Zone. I've realized some CPU teams run mainly Zone, some run mainly Man, is there a way to "force" them to go with the other coverage for say a few plays, by what I call and do on the field?

Oneback
07-19-2011, 10:19 PM
What coverage are you facing or having problems with and I can give you some tips.

Against the CPU or any team for that matter you cannot really force them to start playing man. If a team doesn't have the athletes that your team does they will typically zone everything up and hope for the best.

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Mainly screens, and I suck at the passing game, so I'm looking for routes that are good against each type of defense.

Oneback
07-20-2011, 07:31 AM
To get to the hang of things and build up convidence in your passing game I would start out with some shorter routes:

Cover 0: You should expect a heavy blitz here with every receiver covered man to man, you are going to want to run routes that get someone open quick unless you are able to block it up. Starting out I would focus on the basic routes: slants, speed out and fade, as you gian more confidence move on to shallow, drive and mesh which all have built in "hot routes" but also allow you to get the ball a little deeper if you have the time. If you want to block everything up look at the deep post or post/wheel combination.

Cover 1: Here you could be looking at a 5 man rush so you'd have a little more time to find the open man or you will have a 4 man rush with a hole player. Look for routes that run away from the defender: shallow, drive, mesh or 4 verticals with a shallow corsser.

Cover 2: Here you will want to attack the deep middle or the hole between the corner and safety. Look at Shakes (3 Verticals), Smash (#1 quick hitch, #2 Corner), Divide (#1 quick hitch, #2 Corner, #3 Post), Levels, Double slants.

Cover 3: Here you will want to attack the underneath coverage or the seams. Look at 4 Verticals, Y-Stick, Y-Sail, Curl/Flat, Shallow Cross and NCAA (Post/Dig with mesh underneath).

Cover 4: Underneath coverage here is pretty weak in the game. Look at Comebacks (especially with inside seams), Y-Stick, Y-Sail, Levels, Speed Out/Corner, Scissors, Post/Wheel.

Cover 6: Empty out the formation and to the trips side run curl/flat and y-stick. To the other side run any of your normal quicks: double slants, etc. You can also run bubble to the trips side.