PDA

View Full Version : QB Scrambling Glitch (Demo)

Flav
06-15-2010, 12:47 PM
I posted it like a zillion times in the impressions thread but no one replied so I'm just going to make my own thread. :D

Has anyone had the issue when you are scrambling with your quarterback and he crosses the line of scrimmage and he puts his shoulder down and it seems like he slows down when theres no one around. Doesn't look fluid at all.

morsdraconis
06-15-2010, 12:50 PM
What are the specifics?

What team?
A specific play?
Just scrambling on pass plays?
Are you holding both sticks up?

I've actually not had this problem at all, but I don't scramble around with the QB either.

Flav
06-15-2010, 12:54 PM
What are the specifics?

What team?
A specific play?
Just scrambling on pass plays?
Are you holding both sticks up?

I've actually not had this problem at all, but I don't scramble around with the QB either.

Any team with any play, and only on passing plays once you cross the line of scrimmage. Not holding both sticks up, I'm just running around with the left stick and turbo and once I cross he like puts his shoulder down and slows down and theres no one eve near him.

iBrandon
06-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Now that you mention it… I was playing with Ohio St. and I tried to take off running with Pryor and there seemed to slow down a bit. I didn’t pay attention to it enough or try again to give any real feedback though.

CLW
06-15-2010, 01:47 PM
I don't recall seeing it but in standard def perhaps I missed it. I've been getting crazy easy gains by just sitting in the pocket and if noone is open finding a hole in running straight up the middle of the field. I'll have to take a look tonight and see if that is there.

EDIT: are you using turbo/sprint on auto or manual?

morsdraconis
06-15-2010, 02:37 PM
I just tested it several times and yes there is a slight initial slow down if you hit speed burst while starting from a stop, but with the auto-speed burst on, it doesn't happen at all.

I don't see a reason to not use the auto-speed burst as you can still hit the button for it and it'll still work whenever you want to us it, you just don't HAVE to hit it.

I've been doing nothing but using auto-speed burst and I fuckin' love it.

beartide06
06-15-2010, 08:06 PM
I have noticed it. It looks very awkward and screwed me over once. My friend has also noticed and he pointed it out to me, so I had to see... sure enough it happened lol.

morsdraconis
06-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Can someone do a video of this or something because I've yet to have any issues with the QB running the ball besides a slow ass QB trying to run an option play (I did it by accident without putting in the backup)?

fsuprime
06-15-2010, 10:18 PM
this has happened for the last 2 years, on plays that are not option type plays i.e. passing plays...the QB will slow down as he hits the invisible line of scrimmage and then slowly re-accelerate...go check it out on ncaa10 its there

JeffHCross
06-15-2010, 11:16 PM
I posted it like a zillion times in the impressions thread but no one repliedThat's because it wasn't worth replying to ;)

Rudy
06-16-2010, 05:09 AM
So if I have auto-sprint on it still lets me use the turbo button? Are you sure that works?

lilheavy
06-16-2010, 07:42 AM
So if I have auto-sprint on it still lets me use the turbo button? Are you sure that works?

At this point I can't really tell if its works or not. I'm using auto sprint also, but I still pull the sprint button because of habit. I'm trying to force myself to stop using it. Does aanybody know what activates the sprint when auto sprint is on?

I noticed the QB slow down after crossing the LOS also on passing plays, didn't notice this in 10 at all.

Escobar
06-16-2010, 01:02 PM
I saw that QB slow down too, but only once. It looked like my QB tripped when he crossed the line, but I broke up the middle of the line through some O-Lineman. So I thought that's what caused it.

xRomo9
06-17-2010, 12:23 PM
I also do remember seeing this before I broke 2 tkls and went 50 yrds with Texas's QB :D

iBrandon
06-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Not sure if having auto sprint fixes that problem or not. Anyone else know?

morsdraconis
06-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Not sure if having auto sprint fixes that problem or not. Anyone else know?

I haven't played a bunch of games recently, but I never had a problem with it and I've used nothing but auto-sprint.