PDA

View Full Version : Soonerfan09's Online Dynasty (PS3)

Soonerfan09
07-18-2011, 09:34 PM
I posted this on another website, but it has garnered little (none actually) attention, so I would like to see if anyone here is interested...

I am wanting to start an online dynasty if there is enough interest. The dynasty will move fairly fast, but I do realize that people have lives and things come up, so there are no set days on when we will advance, but I would like to move as quickly as possible.

We will use GatorBait and Block-O's rosters which should be done in the next day or so.
We will use Steelerfan's sliders with a few slight modifications, which I have found to be pretty difficult, so if you can't take a loss, this dynasty probably isn't for you.

Gameplay Options
Skill All-American
Injuries On
Fatigue On
Quarter Length 9 Minutes
Play Clock On
Coaching Tips Off
Game Speed Normal
Player Min Speed Threshold 30
Home Field Advantage Effects On
Ice the Kicker On

Game Rules

Offsides 57
False Start 74
Holding 54
Facemask 60
Offensive Pass Interference 100
Defensive Pass Interference 100
KR/PR Interference 65
Clipping 52
Intentional Grounding 85
Roughing the Passer 54
Roughing the Kicker 60

Custom AI

USER
QB Accuracy 35
Pass Blocking 50
WR Catching 60
RB Ability 40
Run Blocking 30
Pass Coverage 30
Pass Rush 10
Interceptions 25
Rush Defense 10
Tackling 50
FG Power 40
FG Accuracy 45
Punt Power 45
Punt Accuracy 30
Kickoff Power 50

CPU
QB Accuracy 50
Pass Blocking 50
WR Catching 60
RB Ability 65
Run Blocking 50
Pass Coverage 40
Pass Rush 50
Interceptions 30
Rush Defense 75
Tackling 50
FG Power 45
FG Accuracy 40
Punt Power 55
Punt Accuracy 75
Kickoff Power 50

Recruiting will be AA unless we find that too easy, then we will move it up to Heisman.

We will have a draft order for picking teams. I want to use decent power conference teams (low B+ teams at best) or middle of the road mid-major teams and pretty much any team in the lower level conferences with OOC scheduling rules that the members of the dynasty can discuss and come up with together.

Teams available
Air Force B-/B/B-
Akron D/D/D
Arizona B+/B+/B (maybe)
Arkansas State C/C+/C
Army C/C/C
Ball State D+/D+/C-
Baylor B/B+/B-
Boston College B+/B/B+ (maybe)
Bowling Green C-/C-/C-
Buffalo D/D/D
BYU B/B/B-
Cal B/B/B
Central Michigan C/C/C-
Cincinnati B+/B+/B-
Colorado B-/B/C+
Colorado State C+/C+/C+
Connecticut B+/B/B+
Duke B-/B+/C+
ECU B/B+/B-
Eastern Michigan D/D+/D
Florida Atlantic C-/C-/D+
Florida International C-/C/D+
Fresno State B/B/B-
Georgia Tech B/B/B
Hawaii C+/C+/C+
Houston B/B+/C+
Idaho C/C/C+
Illinois B/B/B-
Indiana B-/B/C+
Iowa B+/B+/B (maybe)
Iowa State B-/C+/B-
Kansas B-/B-/C+
Kansas State B+/B/B
Kent State C/C/C-
Kentucky B/B/B
Louisiana Tech C+/C+/C+
Louisville B/B-/B
Marshall C+/C/C+
Maryland B+/B+/B
Memphis D+/D+/D
Miami University B-/C+/C+
Middle Tennessee State C/C/C-
Minnesota B-/B-/B-
Missouri B+/B+/B- (maybe)
Navy C+/C+/C+
NC State B+/B+/B (ratings might change after rosters are completed)
Nevada B/B/B
New Mexico D+/D/C
New Mexico State D+/D/D+
North Texas C-/C/D+
Northern Illinois C+/C+/C
Northwestern B+/B+/B (maybe)
Ohio C+/C/C+
Ole Miss B+/B+/B (maybe)
Oregon State B+/B+/B (maybe)
Purdue B/B-/B
Rice D+/C-/D
Rutgers B/B+/B-
San Diego State B-/B/C+
San Jose State D/D/D
SMU B+/B+/B (maybe)
Southern Miss B/B/C+
Syracuse B-/B/C+
Temple C/C+/C
Tennessee B+/B/B (maybe)
Texas Tech B/B/B
Toledo C+/B-/C+
Troy B-/B-/C+ (probably have to have a tough OOC schedule)
Tulane C-/C-/C-
Tulsa B/B/B (probably have to have a touch OOC schedule)
UAB C-/C-/C
UCLA B/B/B-
UL Lafayette C-/D+/C-
UL Monroe C-/C/C-
UNLV D+/D+/D+
USF B+/B/B
Utah B+/B+/B (maybe)
Utah State C/C/C-
UTEP C/C/C+
Vanderbilt B-/B-/C+
Virginia B/B-/B
Wake Forest C+/C+/C+
Washington B+/B+/B (maybe)
Washington State C+/C+/C
Western Kentucky C-/C-/D+
Western Michigan C+/C+/C+
Wyoming C-/D+/C

This is just a general list of the teams I would like to see available in this dynasty, and it will possibly change after the rosters are released. The teams that say "(maybe)" by them, and some that don't, will be up to the members of the dynasty if they are available to use. If a team that isn't listed that the majority of the members think should be able to be used, they will become available. I would like to have a vote on any issues that we come up with, be it team selection or really anything. Majority rules this dynasty, but there are certain things that I will be hard pressed to change (allowing A- or better teams, or B+ teams that can recruit easily for example). I would rather not change the sliders or game minutes unless we find it to be a problem.

As for the members of the dynasty, I would prefer it to be people that have been around some community for a while (be it TGT, OS, Utopia, ect.), but if not, I would like me or someone else to play an online game against them to make sure their play style is up to our standards. Basically, just play the game the right way. No advancing the week offline to see if you will get a recruit, stuff like this. I want this to be fun and competitive, but let's not let that get the best of us.

I would prefer to see at least 2-4 players in whichever conferences we choose to use, but I'm pretty flexible on that. I would also like to see everyone play at least 2 user games, but I will leave all of that up to the member of the dynasty.

As for custom conferences, I plan on moving TCU to the Big East and Nevada and Fresno State to the MWC after the first season. I am also willing to make other realistic moves after the first season (or any season thereafter) if certain teams get too good if the majority agrees with it.

If you are interested, post here or send me a PM.

Current Members/PSN
Soonerfan09/Soonerfan09
Deuce/deuce1234
guffee402/guffee402
Buckeyes551/explocivo

Deuce
07-18-2011, 10:08 PM
Hey Soonerfan,

I am interested. But there are some things you should know. I've actually never played an online game before. I would be more than happy to play you though. I'm 99% sure you will consider me sim but I also would like feedback if there is anything you feel is questionable. I watched the Tradition Sports video where he explains the do's and don'ts and the only one that I thought was iffy was the late pitching on the option. I grew up watching OU in the late 70's/80's so it seems pretty normal to me. Ha ha
Also, I'm married with 2 kids so I could have trouble keeping up but I also would not have a problem if you needed to sim a game of mine if I am unavailable. But I don't feel playing 2 or 3 games a week will be an issue.

Are there any accessories that I should get for online. I was reading that people like having a mic?

PSN is deuce1234

Soonerfan09
07-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Deuce, you've been around here and Utopia for a while, so I don't think there's anything to worry about with the way you play. As long as you play the game comparable to real life (punt on 4th down, don't go for 2 unless necessary, mix up your play calling), and I'm pretty sure you do, you're fine. We don't have to play a game, but if you would like to get a feel for online play, I'm free right now and usually at some point during each day.

You don't need anything special for online play, just a decent connection. I think 3 games a week will be close to what we're aiming for, so that should be good too. I have a daughter that lives 2 and a half hours away from me that I make a trip to see at least once a week, along with work and getting ready to go into the Marines, so I'm pretty flexible when it comes to stuff like that. I would rather not sim anyone's games though, unless they are just really holding up everyone else.

Glad to hear that you're interested. Hopefully we can get enough people to actually make this happen.

Deuce
07-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Deuce, you've been around here and Utopia for a while, so I don't think there's anything to worry about with the way you play. As long as you play the game comparable to real life (punt on 4th down, don't go for 2 unless necessary, mix up your play calling), and I'm pretty sure you do, you're fine. We don't have to play a game, but if you would like to get a feel for online play, I'm free right now and usually at some point during each day.

You don't need anything special for online play, just a decent connection. I think 3 games a week will be close to what we're aiming for, so that should be good too. I have a daughter that lives 2 and a half hours away from me that I make a trip to see at least once a week, along with work and getting ready to go into the Marines, so I'm pretty flexible when it comes to stuff like that. I would rather not sim anyone's games though, unless they are just really holding up everyone else.

Glad to hear that you're interested. Hopefully we can get enough people to actually make this happen.

Sounds great. I can't go right now (trying to get my son in bed) but i would like to play an online game to make sure the connection is good. I can probably play anytime after 6:00 CST tomorrow. Just shoot me a friend request and I'll get on as soon as I can tomorrow.

Soonerfan09
07-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Lol, tomorrow is actually the day I go see my daughter. I usually don't get home until about 10:30, but I'd probably still be able to squeeze one in. If not, I'm sure we can find a day that's good for both of us.

Deuce
07-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Lol, tomorrow is actually the day I go see my daughter. I usually don't get home until about 10:30, but I'd probably still be able to squeeze one in. If not, I'm sure we can find a day that's good for both of us.

No worries. Most days between 6-9 are good. My son is a beast to get to sleep so the process starts around 9-9:30 and runs up to 10:30! :)

guffee402
07-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Ill be interested in joining with texas tech if you get this league going. Psn is guffee402. Been playing ncaa since late 90s and i always play legit. No problems playing a tryout game if i need to.

Soonerfan09
07-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Guffee, I would like to have a try out game with you, only because I don't remember seeing you around any of the forums. I doubt there will be any problems though, as most people that don't play the right way wouldn't waste their time joining a dynasty with 9 minute quarters.

As for your team selection, once we get enough people to sign up we will have a random draft order for teams. There are tons of teams available, so there is a good chance you will get Tech, especially if you get a high pick, but you might want to think about a back up team or two, just in case.

I'll add you on PSN tonight when I get home and we can get a game set up within the next few days.

Glad you're interested, I think this could be a pretty fun dynasty if we get enough people to join and EA fixes the progression issues.

Deuce
07-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Hey Soonerfan, I was able to try out an online game. Everything seemed to work well. Gonna have to get used to the kicking though. I stunk! I played Buckeye so if you have any questions about my play style feel free to hit him up.

Buckeyes551
07-19-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm up to play and I don't mind doing a tryout game either if needed.

Soonerfan09
07-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Hey Soonerfan, I was able to try out an online game. Everything seemed to work well. Gonna have to get used to the kicking though. I stunk! I played Buckeye so if you have any questions about my play style feel free to hit him up.

I'm up to play and I don't mind doing a tryout game either if needed.

If y'all played each other, that's good enough for me. Glad to see another person interested, that brings the total to four. I think if we can get up to six, we will definitely go through with this, although I would like to get a full group. Is six people ok with everyone else or would y'all rather wait to see if we can get more?

Buckeye
07-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Deuce played me, not Buckeyes551 :)

If y'all played each other, that's good enough for me. Glad to see another person interested, that brings the total to four. I think if we can get up to six, we will definitely go through with this, although I would like to get a full group. Is six people ok with everyone else or would y'all rather wait to see if we can get more?

Buckeyes551
07-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Up to you but six is okay with me. I'm in two other ODs, maybe you can attract some more players from there?

Soonerfan09
07-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Deuce played me, not Buckeyes551 :)

Ah, there's just so many of y'all.

Up to you but six is okay with me. I'm in two other ODs, maybe you can attract some more players from there?

That would be fine with me. I don't really care who joins so long as they play right (gameplay and recruiting wise).

Buckeyes551
07-19-2011, 11:15 PM
Yeah same here, all the people I got into my OD seem like serious players. I HATE people who cheese.

Deuce
07-19-2011, 11:19 PM
recruiting wise).

Uh oh...what are the no no's of recruiting?

Soonerfan09
07-19-2011, 11:25 PM
I think last year there was a bit of a problem in some dynasties with saving the file offline and advancing weeks to see which recruits went where or what their pitches were. It's nothing that I think we'll have to worry about here, but since we basically have no way of telling if someone is doing it, other than suspicion, we're all tied to the honor system. It's not a problem for most people, but sometimes competitiveness gets the best of people. Like I said though, I doubt it's anything we'll have to worry about, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Deuce
07-19-2011, 11:27 PM
I think last year there was a bit of a problem in some dynasties with saving the file offline and advancing weeks to see which recruits went where or what their pitches were. It's nothing that I think we'll have to worry about here, but since we basically have no way of telling if someone is doing it, other than suspicion, we're all tied to the honor system. It's not a problem for most people, but sometimes competitiveness gets the best of people. Like I said though, I doubt it's anything we'll have to worry about, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Oh hell, didn't even know you could do that. That takes all the fun out of it. That's crazy.

gschwendt
07-20-2011, 08:32 AM
Starting last year, you can no longer save the od offline so you shouldn't have any problems with that now.

Soonerfan09
07-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Ah, ok, I didn't know that. One less thing to worry about, cool.

Amish
07-20-2011, 01:08 PM
He sooner, im interested in joining This league, ive been playing ncaa since the 90s, I like love the team pool to pick from, tired of all the ODs with everyone picking top teams.

PSN : xAmishWarriorx

Deuce
07-20-2011, 01:12 PM
He sooner, im interested in joining This league, ive been playing ncaa since the 90s, I like love the team pool to pick from, tired of all the ODs with everyone picking top teams.

PSN : xAmishWarriorx

Ya, I'd be ok choosing C+ teams and lower. But, doesn't really matter as long as the usual juggernauts are not used.

Soonerfan09
07-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Ya, I'd be ok choosing C+ teams and lower.

I'd be okay with that if that's what everyone else wants to do.

Deuce
07-20-2011, 05:27 PM
I'd be okay with that if that's what everyone else wants to do.

Ya, I don't care man. Your list is good too.

Soonerfan09
07-21-2011, 08:36 PM
With all the issues that need to be patched and the lack of interest, I think I'll put this on hold for a while. Sorry guys.