PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Season 2011

Oneback
07-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Welcome back...

We have kicked off our NCAA 12 Online Dynasty good luck to everyone this year, but most of all let's have fun!

Kingpin32
07-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Yes!

ryby6969
07-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Please remember I will not be back into town until tomorrow night.

psusnoop
07-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Marshall is done and all set for advance into week 1.

JeffHCross
07-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Please remember I will not be back into town until tomorrow night.Might as well ask this here ... are you done with NCAA 11? I wasn't clear on your plans.

skipwondah33
07-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Why would EA make it so that anyone could edit rosters?

I thought they just meant their equipment. Should we all post our rosters or is that over kill? I will if necessary

Oneback
07-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Why would EA make it so that anyone could edit rosters?

I thought they just meant their equipment. Should we all post our rosters or is that over kill? I will if necessary

It's not going to matter much this year as we are using default rosters so its easy to check...in the future I can download the rosters at the start of each year.

Iron Dragon
07-16-2011, 07:53 PM
You'd think the commish would have an option to turn that off..

ryby6969
07-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Might as well ask this here ... are you done with NCAA 11? I wasn't clear on your plans.

Yeah, I actually gave the game to my son. Sorry for not letting you know. It has been a hectic past few days. Leaving here at hopefully 8am tomorrow at the latest so I should be back in town by 9 or 10pm est.

JeffHCross
07-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Why would EA make it so that anyone could edit rosters?When did this happen? I thought only commissioners had the ability, thanks to the patch, and that's all I'd heard since release.

Yeah, I actually gave the game to my son. Sorry for not letting you know. It has been a hectic past few days.No problem. I had expected you were done, and then I saw you as marked Ready to Advance in Cut Players, and that confused me.

skipwondah33
07-17-2011, 12:44 AM
When did this happen? I thought only commissioners had the ability, thanks to the patch, and that's all I'd heard since release.

Your right I went in and looked it won't let you which is great.

fsuprime
07-17-2011, 09:02 AM
yea just for peace of mind i am glad they fixed that, universal editing is great for offline but a bit to much for ODs

ryby6969
07-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Miami(OH) is ready. Thank you for waiting.

Oneback
07-18-2011, 07:37 AM
A few items we need to go over before hopefully kicking the season off tonight:

Recruiting difficulty: Right now I have it set at Varsity, I thought about moving it up to All-American like we used in NCAA 11. My thought right now is to see how the first year goes then adjust from there.

Sliders: We are currently using Steelerfan's default sliders (with no tweaks), I've played more than a few games against simular talented and better talented teams and like what I've seen thus far. I've also done some testing in practice mode to check individual match-ups on all levels and don't feel the need to change things at this point. This will be another instance where we will play the season then talk about adjustments.

Custom Playbooks: As I stated earlier, I am going to allow everyone to use their best judgement on what they want their playbook to look like in hopes there will be no problems. We will revisit this topic several times througout the season and going forward to make sure there are zero issues.

I am sure I am missing a few things....if there is anything anyone would like to bring up or comments about the above items please do so.

skipwondah33
07-18-2011, 08:05 AM
I can't seem to get through a complete game in NCAA 12 anymore. Kingpin and I were playing lastnight, everything was fine up until after the half. I tried to kick the ball but got a 'please wait' message in the bottom left of the screen then boom disconnected. That makes the last 9 games that I've tried to play against users we haven't been able to finish. I've made it to the 4th quarter with under 2 minutes and have been booted.

Any ofther game I play there are no connection problems though.

Oneback
07-18-2011, 08:11 AM
I believe it is a problem with online play at this point. There seems to be a lot of reports of this, as you well know I am having the same problem and everywhere I read there are reports of people having the same issue.

psusnoop
07-18-2011, 08:45 AM
It is hit or miss for me on the connections. I've only lost connection twice, but those were my last two attempts at online user games.

Recruiting difficulty- I have never recruited on Varsity, so what is the difference between the two? Is the CPU not as aggressive? I have done Heisman and AA and on Heisman the CPU seems to be extremely aggressive in signing recruits compared to AA so I wouldn't want Varsity to be real easy for teams to sign a plethora of 4* recruits seeing how we are 2*'s

I'm good with the sliders, I've been using them and I enjoy the gameplay and challenge from the CPU.

I like the Playbook suggestion. No issues there

skipwondah33
07-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Oh ok. Yeah G and I have tried to play about 7 times then you and I have tried to play I know 4 times. Its getting frustrating because I can't finish a game to get use to my team. The CPU offline isn't the same IMO.

Just taking alot of fun out of the game. I find myself fooling around with RTG mode more than anything.

Escobar
07-18-2011, 01:06 PM
I know the main difference I have noticed between Varsity and AA on recruiting, is that Varsity gives you 3 change of topics in a call, while AA gives you 2. I have been using AA in my offline dynasty with Michigan. And you actually have to spend time on different recruits if other teams are recruiting them. While there is a 4* I have #1 on my board, and have been putting an hour into every week steadily moving up to 3rd in the 6th week after starting out not even on his list. The other teams at the hop have not even been recruiting him I think. Sort of how a good player can slip through the cracks.

Kingpin32
07-18-2011, 04:26 PM
I can't seem to get through a complete game in NCAA 12 anymore. Kingpin and I were playing lastnight, everything was fine up until after the half. I tried to kick the ball but got a 'please wait' message in the bottom left of the screen then boom disconnected. That makes the last 9 games that I've tried to play against users we haven't been able to finish. I've made it to the 4th quarter with under 2 minutes and have been booted.

Any ofther game I play there are no connection problems though.
I was wondering what had happened. That's weird cause the connection was pretty much perfect up until that point.

gschwendt
07-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Just a theory, but those of you having a problem with disconnects, you might try having your mic connected (even if on mute) and play that way. Where my opponent has a mic, I haven't had any disconnects.

gschwendt
07-18-2011, 04:54 PM
So according to PastaPadre, injuries do not carry-over from week to week except for the Commissioner. With that said, do we want to consider turning injuries off until we hear of a resolution?

Oneback
07-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Just a theory, but those of you having a problem with disconnects, you might try having your mic connected (even if on mute) and play that way. Where my opponent has a mic, I haven't had any disconnects.

I've had disconnects with my opponent having a mic, the guy let out a "WTF" scream when we got disconnected.