PDA

View Full Version : Air Coryell Offense (making a playbook)

johntom2000
07-15-2011, 01:23 PM
After reading about this air raid/ground pound offense using short to long routes and running the rock to eat the clock and getting deep at anytime in a fast pace flow (no huddle?). I thought this would be the perfect offense for my huskers and it fits my style of offense very well. Can anyone give the formations or sets I would have to have to run this offense and make it in a custom playbook?

Thanks,

John

th3 last tiger
07-15-2011, 08:54 PM
First, Its not the air raid. Second, formation wise, it is a pro-style set. Third running wise, power O, draw and iso. As for passing, without getting too much into schematics, its a very high risk passing game with alot of deep routes. If you are wondering what the Coryell offense looks like, try watching the chargers the last few years. Note it is very verticle and their favorite running plays are those listed.

gigemaggs99
07-16-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm no pro, but I would tend to agree, if it's Air Raid there is no such thing as ground n pound. I think the air raid uses short quick passes to supplement the running game. The only time they call a run is usually at the LOS when numbers are in their favor.

I would say if they run AND pass then it's more of a pro-style offense.

Air Raid and ground/pound, is kinda like saying "wishbone-option and air it out" those don't really mix.

If you want somewhat of a mix you might check out the Run N Shoot. It's still in my opinion more pass heavy but there are some nice rushing plays now that they (EA) has added the pistol formations to the RNS PB. I would say the RNS teams still pass first and usually audible to a run at the LOS when numbers are in their favor.

Mario8267
07-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Check AZ St's play book, might be what your looking for as a base pb. It's listed as an Air Raid offense but also has a good mix of Pistol and running plays. Hope this helps.