PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for packing Xbox 360 with me on a business trip

Coach Kernzy
07-13-2011, 02:19 PM
With NCAA 12 just coming out and me going to have several evenings to do nothing but game I want to get some advice on how best to handle this.

Some questions,

Should I pack it in a carry on and keep it with me?

Will airport security allow that?

Should I pack it in my luggage and just hope it doesn't get damaged or stolen?

Assuming I reach my hotel with no issues I assume I'll be able to use the hard wired internet access there to get online with the Xbox?

Thoughts, suggestions, ideas, any help on this and whatever else you can think of would be great everyone. Thanks in advance.

JBHuskers
07-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Carry on. Don't trust anyone there in my opinion.

Security will allow it, you have to take it out of the bag/box/whatever you have it in though before going through the scanner, just like what you have to do with laptops.

Coach Kernzy
07-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Good deal, that's what I was planning on doing barring any issue with security.

So how about the internet access in the hotel room, shouldn't be an issue should it?

AustinWolv
07-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Definitely carry it on.

As long as the hardline internet access is open, you should be fine to plug in and go. If it requires a server login like some hotels where you open an browser and use their login info......not sure......perhaps can login from the 360 control panel?
(I run mine wirelessly at home, so not sure what hardline options show up.....)

Coach Kernzy
07-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Guys, thanks again for the info and if there is anyone else that has more info please let me know.

DariusLock
07-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Yes sir, carry on. My mother-in-law works for Southwest Airlines and is a baggage claim person, bags get lost and come in days later. Also them things roll down a belt line and may sustain damage. Also they do not cover expensive items that you check in...

psuexv
07-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Good deal, that's what I was planning on doing barring any issue with security.

So how about the internet access in the hotel room, shouldn't be an issue should it?

Hit up CLW, he takes his PS3 pretty much wherever he goes and usually seems to be able connect in the hotel