PDA

View Full Version : What is coach mode?

Coach Kernzy
07-13-2011, 01:55 PM
What is coach mode and how is it played?

That can somewhat vary based on how you like to play and if it's a user vs user game or user vs CPU game so I'll go over the scenarios here.

- New this year (NCAA 12) is the ability to play true coach mode with a broadcast camera angle which cannot be changed. Select "Coach" as play style when you are selecting your playbooks before a game and this with get you true coach mode. You have full control before the snap but once you snap the ball you're done. This style can only be played in user vs CPU games.

- Old school coach mode is simply turning auto-pass on in your settings, handling everything pre-snap and then you hike the ball and the play is run by the AI. There are some caveats to this style. First off the triple option and read option type plays are rendered fairly useless because the AI will never hand off to the FB on triple options and will never give to the RB on read options. You can run straight options such as speed and load but those are hit and miss as well. Secondly, the kicking game has to either be handled manually by you in user vs user games or it can be simmed in user vs CPU games. Lastly this is the only option when playing a user vs user game online or in an OD so be aware of that. Also be aware that before going into an online user vs user game that you have to have your profile settings set to auto-pass or this will not work. You cannot change your settings once in the game.

Pantera1968
07-18-2011, 12:58 PM
So which "option" are you using Coach? I'm thinking about trying the "old school" mode because I would like to be able to make pre-snap adjustments based on the defense and I'm thinking about taking control of the rb on running plays but just letting the cpu handle passing. The new mode that you describe above (broadcast camera only) sounds like it might make it difficult to read the defense pre-snap.

Also, have you noticed if the leaping linebacker/trajectory issue that is a big point of discussion now affects coach mode as much since the cpu is the one passing?

SCClassof93
07-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Coach, is anyone here going to run a coach mode dynasty on ps3? Thanks!

SmoothPancakes
07-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Coach, is anyone here going to run a coach mode dynasty on ps3? Thanks!

You'd have to check the Online Dynasty & League Classifieds forum. As far as I know, only people on 360 have gone about setting up a coach mode dynasty. If you're interested in one for PS3, create a thread in the Classifieds forum to see if anyone else on PS3 is interested in creating one. You might get quite a few people who are and be able to get a group set up.

SCClassof93
07-18-2011, 01:28 PM
You'd have to check the Online Dynasty & League Classifieds forum. As far as I know, only people on 360 have gone about setting up a coach mode dynasty. If you're interested in one for PS3, create a thread in the Classifieds forum to see if anyone else on PS3 is interested in creating one. You might get quite a few people who are and be able to get a group set up.

Thanks Smooth!

SmoothPancakes
07-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks Smooth!

Glad to help man. Like I said, you may end up finding a lot of people who are interested. I wasn't sure if there was going to be many interested in a coach mode dynasty on 360 until Coach Kernzy created his thread in the Classifieds forum, and we ended up filling up fairly quickly. We currently have a full 12 man roster for our 360 coach mode OD, with 3 or 4 more people on a waiting list to get in if a spot opens up. So you may indeed find quite a few people interested on the PS3 side.

Alex Webster
07-23-2011, 03:00 AM
I guess someone here can answer my questions.

Yesterday I tried to start an OD. Created a new coach and wanted to start as a HC. After starting the season I was curious how the playcall works and how the AI is managing my calls.
First game I realised that I had to play the whole game on my own. Looks like NCAA11 Online Dynasty. The only thing that's challenging is to manage the goals of my 3years contract.

In offline mode play-now-coach you can sit back and call plays.

Which settings do I have to change to sit back and only call plays in Online Dynasty????

If I understood the very first posting here, there must be a selection in playbooks?

thx guys

############ edit ##############
Ok, just found out that I should have changed the CONTROL option into COACH instead of regular.

Nice weekend to everyone

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk