PDA

View Full Version : New Truck

UGA14
06-13-2010, 11:59 PM
So I guess I was in the mood for some retail therapy as I'm making every effort to spend all of my money. If I didn't have to pay full upgrade price I'd be using an HTC Evo to post this.

With that said... I just got a 2010 Toyota Tacoma on Friday. I had and still have a 2003 Toyota Tundra with just over 203,000 miles. I got a silver 4-door one with the TRD sport package, and the short bed... hood scoop, all of that. It's an absolute beast. My dad has a 5.7L Tundra, so I'm not competing on the 381 horsepower yet, but it definitely has some serious pep in it's step.

It's loaded and I got a good price on it and a decent interest rate. It's the lowest interest rate Toyota has offered for the truck in the past damn year. I've been looking all year and they never put incentives on these things. So anyways, it's basically loaded and I've got 17" alloys, 4 liter, 6 cylinder, 236 horses I think. My other truck only has 220, so this is a step up, even though my old Tundra has a V8.

I looked a little bit at some full-size trucks, but this is my first new car, so I don't think I really needed a huge truck. When it comes to mid-size trucks I don't think anything touches the Tacoma, personally. That, coupled with the fact that I have a 2003 Tundra with 203,000 miles on it and I've hardly maintained it and put some serious abuse and strain on that engine since I've driven it since I was 18.

My dad's 2009 Tundra has 50,000+ miles and has never had a problem as well (knock on wood). I'm not sure you can kill these trucks. I love the old Tacomas. Damn near indestructible.

I'll have to get some pics and post them... maybe tomorrow.

cdj
06-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Sounds like a nice ride. Can't wait to see some pics, but that does sound like some nice retail therapy. ;)

morsdraconis
06-14-2010, 12:30 AM
So I guess I was in the mood for some retail therapy as I'm making every effort to spend all of my money. If I didn't have to pay full upgrade price I'd be using an HTC Evo to post this.

With that said... I just got a 2010 Toyota Tacoma on Friday. I had and still have a 2003 Toyota Tundra with just over 203,000 miles. I got a silver 4-door one with the TRD sport package, and the short bed... hood scoop, all of that. It's an absolute beast. My dad has a 5.7L Tundra, so I'm not competing on the 381 horsepower yet, but it definitely has some serious pep in it's step.

It's loaded and I got a good price on it and a decent interest rate. It's the lowest interest rate Toyota has offered for the truck in the past damn year. I've been looking all year and they never put incentives on these things. So anyways, it's basically loaded and I've got 17" alloys, 4 liter, 6 cylinder, 236 horses I think. My other truck only has 220, so this is a step up, even though my old Tundra has a V8.

I looked a little bit at some full-size trucks, but this is my first new car, so I don't think I really needed a huge truck. When it comes to mid-size trucks I don't think anything touches the Tacoma, personally. That, coupled with the fact that I have a 2003 Tundra with 203,000 miles on it and I've hardly maintained it and put some serious abuse and strain on that engine since I've driven it since I was 18.

My dad's 2009 Tundra has 50,000+ miles and has never had a problem as well (knock on wood). I'm not sure you can kill these trucks. I love the old Tacomas. Damn near indestructible.

I'll have to get some pics and post them... maybe tomorrow.

Old Nissan 2 Door pickups are the same way. Something about Japanese made trucks. My dad had an old mid 80s model that he used to use back and forth for work for freakin' ever (like 7 or 8 years and it had like 200k miles on it when he got it) and when he junked it, the engine was still purring like a kitten, just the body was falling off of it.

UGA14
06-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Old Nissan 2 Door pickups are the same way. Something about Japanese made trucks. My dad had an old mid 80s model that he used to use back and forth for work for freakin' ever (like 7 or 8 years and it had like 200k miles on it when he got it) and when he junked it, the engine was still purring like a kitten, just the body was falling off of it.

You're right. I see old Nissan's on the road all the time too. My dad had a Nissan Titan not too long ago, good truck... really nice. My family owns a roofing company so he usually has a ton of miles in a short amount of time and gets a new truck often. The Nissan was really nice..

UGA14
06-14-2010, 11:07 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs582.snc3/30725_705124368317_36616538_39453732_5440010_n.jpg

Let me know if you guys can't see this.

Kingpin32
06-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Thats a nice truck.