PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Concerns, Questions

ram29jackson
07-12-2011, 10:04 PM
well ,I of course have a new ps3 and its fine and i remember a few of the things you guys said the last time I asked stuff.

just a comment- it seems these new ones get hotter than the old ones did...

question- how long have you left yours on on average and if you turn it of should you wait a half hour or an hour or more before deciding to turn it on again? how much can you put them through over time ?

after taking out a game, should you really let it sit for a bit before turning it off? does it cool it some , ? does that matter?

hey, just looking for opinions here, my last one only lasted a couple years but I realize I didnt clean around it as much and left it on for hours 7-8 at a time

OptionMasta
07-13-2011, 12:23 AM
I leave mine on for hours at a time. Between playing video games or watching Netflix, I would say mine is on an average of 4 hours per day. I bought mine two years ago or so and so I am sure that we have different models. I wouldn't know anything about a newer version running hotter. Mine seems to do just fine and I never really clean around it, either. My brother has had one since they were released and he has never had an issue with it. In fact, nobody I know has had a problem with their PS3.

skipwondah33
07-13-2011, 07:45 AM
question- how long have you left yours on on average and if you turn it of should you wait a half hour or an hour or more before deciding to turn it on again? how much can you put them through over time ?

after taking out a game, should you really let it sit for a bit before turning it off? does it cool it some , ? does that matter?

hey, just looking for opinions here, my last one only lasted a couple years but I realize I didnt clean around it as much and left it on for hours 7-8 at a time

After playing I ALWAYS leave mine on for at least 5-10 minutes. It all depends on how long I've played or how long the fans sound like they are at/near full speed. That usually only takes 5-8 minutes. Once they slow down, then and only then will I turn it off. I never turn it "off" completely by flipping the power switch in the back. And I also try not to turn it on back to back sort of speak. So if I play for 2 hours then turn it off, I won't turn it back on until later if I play at all.

I don't play everyday, I go maybe 1 or 2 days without playing. When I do play it ranges from 2-4 hours typically. Oh and I don't take the game after I'm finish.

ram29jackson
07-13-2011, 01:07 PM
you still have the older model,

the new ones dont make as much noise as the old ones,..I think ?

skipwondah33
07-13-2011, 01:26 PM
you still have the older model,

the new ones dont make as much noise as the old ones,..I think ?

Yeah I still have an old one.

ram29jackson
07-19-2011, 03:48 PM
anyone with other rituals or tendencies ?