PDA

View Full Version : Whats Working Differently?

HoggyStyle
07-12-2011, 08:08 AM
What type of plays or combos do you all find are working differently in this years game as opposed to years past?

2008 - streaks galore, sg options, triple option
2009 - curl flat post, streaks
2010 - double routes and outside wr posts, hb power, speed options
2011 - outs, cross, counters, speed options, verts

I will post my thoughts after I receive my copy and share my opinions, Thanks all

th3 last tiger
07-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Zone blocking, draws, stick routes.

HoggyStyle
07-13-2011, 07:14 AM
I was able to play one game last night and noticed a few things. The running game out of the ace doesn't seem to work nearly as well as it did last year (and this was with me running Magic 3 TE sets.)

My opponent seemed to have very good success running from the I formation (he took an I Normal power run to the house on his first snap vs 4-2-5 dog zone.) He was also running various shotgun twin hb set options with the rb's and wr's with a good amount positive yardage.

I know its been said before but my opponent usered a lb and pulled him off his slot receiver assignment close to the los so when I noticed this I put the slot on a streak and had him a good 10 yards down field past the lb wide open. When I threw the ball the linebacker put out his go go gadget arms and grabbed the ball out of the air.

A few other things from game one I noticed; curls seem to be more effective than last year and people usering defenders seem to be able to run right through the gaggle of people untouched to get into the back field. Im not sure if this is due to the lack of suction blocking or that the guy who is supposed to be blocking him is on the on the opposite side of the LOS.

Last but not least, and this is just nitpicky because we have them its amazing, but I had probably three people leave the game after they accepted the matchup and I was waiting on my custom playbooks to load up.

All in all it was a good match although stressful
I used GA and Squeaked out a close one vs PN St 31-21

adamsjh
07-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Major difference for me playing in my offline dynasty was the way the defense flowed to the ball to stop the load option. I ran this play with a lot of success last year and it got blown up the majority of the time this year. Of course, I'm playing with ULM so it could just be that the lack of talent is leading to it not working.