PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay - NCAA Football 13 Wish List & Feedback

cdj
07-11-2011, 09:49 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAFootballLogo.jpg

Gameplay

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items relating to Gameplay changes or improvements you would like to see in NCAA Football 13.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

osufan4life
07-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Update ratings for quarterbacks for long/med/short range passing just like madden.

AMAZING
07-12-2011, 08:24 PM
The ability for QBs to throw a pass that is not a loft but neither a bullet. A nice in between, like u see thrown all the time in real life.
And speaking of lofts, I would like to see them not take 5 seconds to come down.

Lord Marshall X
07-12-2011, 09:07 PM
The ability for QBs to throw a pass that is not a loft but neither a bullet. A nice in between, like u see thrown all the time in real life.
And speaking of lofts, I would like to see them not take 5 seconds to come down.

The computer is the only one that can throw that pass . . . .they do it all the time on me on Heisman.

Dr Death
07-13-2011, 12:51 AM
One thing that must be addressed is the ability to call an audible... at the line of scrimmage, and have your offense move into that formation no matter who is on the field, or what formation you are in, at the time. Example: If I am in Empty 5-Wide {QB under center} I can audible to 5 WR Mid Screen {Shot-Gun}... but I can't audible to other 5 WR formations, which is maddening. I have 5 WR's on the field, and have the Bubble Screen as one of my audibles, yet can only get to that audible if I am in a certain 5-wide set.

I am not talking about No Huddle, I am talking about calling an audible. It makes no sense the way it is currently programmed.

Another thing is the ability to start a WR in motion and then send him back to his original spot at any time. As it is, on XBox 360, the WR has to complete the full motion and stop, before you can send him back. And again, this is not the way it is in real life.

psusnoop
07-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Ok so I'm the MLB and I'm covering the middle of the field drifting left and right covering my zone. I get no penalty for stopping and starting. There really should be a planting of his foot to change direction.
I think sometimes people can use that strafe to really cover more ground then they should so I'd like to see that player actually plant and then switch directions.

strattjw
07-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Talking about ratings, Id like it if NCAA used all the new ratings that have been added to Madden.

Gameplay wise improvements to shotgun running game would be huge.

OLATHExSOONER
07-15-2011, 08:46 PM
CUTTING instead of WEAVING. I was playing against my sisters boyfriend and Denard Robinson did nothing but weave through my defenders and my players were just flying around like crazy. FIX THIS

UCBearcat4ever
07-16-2011, 09:52 AM
need better penalty system, pass interference needs to be called more on both sides, add horse collar penalty being called

jaymo76
07-18-2011, 12:42 PM
LOWER all roster players ability to JUMP. No player should be higher than 50 with an avg of 25-30. This will greatly improve the passing game.

confuzius
07-18-2011, 07:31 PM
EA needs to do 1 of 2 things.

Officially disclose a comprehensive breakdown of the different player ratings and their effect on game mechanics.

Publicly state that it is there policy not to provide this information and instruct all EA Game Changer portals to feature this information until the policy changes. This would help prevent countless hours being wasted by thousands of players as they scour the web for an answer which does not exist.

Hopefully they would also provide a reason for that policy.

confuzius
07-19-2011, 05:55 AM
Associate formations subs with a team roster. Allow user to set and save formation subs for every formation in the game. Prevents user from constantly having to set these up for online ranked games and allows user to switch playbooks.

baseballplyrmvp
07-23-2011, 12:16 AM
weight and momentum need to play some kind of factor in o/d-line battles. a 160 lb runningback shouldnt be able to stop a charging 340 lb d-tackle dead in his tracks.

o/d-line battles also need to move up and downfield....not just stay in one static spot

psuexv
07-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Put the package substitutions inside the play selection. It used to be that when you select a formation and were scrolling through the plays you could make the package sub there. Now you have to choose it before you choose a formation.

I might see a play I want to run with my speedy 2nd string back and then have to back out and sub him in, come back in, find the play.

Also allow me to edit who is subbed in the package formations. And on my system there is usually lag when scrolling through these.

Edit to this... actually noticed last night that this was back in the game. :fp: When you go into the actually play calling screen it's now down in the bottom right under the play arts.

psuexv
07-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Bring back the ability to stop a guy in motion and send him back. Previous Gen you could start a guy in motion and then stop and send him back. This is used all the time in real life. Also the ability to stop him in a particular spot. Say I want to bring the outside receiver just in closer to the line or in between the slot receiver and the line of scrimmage........... I can only send him all the way across the field.

th3 last tiger
07-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Ok few things I think need to be redone on offense.

1. The Qb needs to be able to run secondary fakes. -What I'm specifically talking about are the fake end around's- The quarterback must fake the handoff to both players regardless of who is getting the ball, this also goes for the fly sweep series.

2. Bubble screens are not done right. The players will let anyone by who is in a flat zone. It isn't a passing play that there is any progression on, it is a constraint that you throw against people who line up incorrectly. The whole quick screen game needs a revamping

3. No Huddle needs to have tiered levels of tempo. Just because a team is no huddle doesn't mean that they are sprinting to the line, some teams go at a slower tempo so they can substitute. There should be 4 or 5 "Tempo levels" Its not, Huddle or No huddle, it is far more varied and complex than that. As a cool thing you could add coaches signaling on the sideline to add to the feel.

4.Cutblocking for the triple option, nuff said.

5. The inverted veer needs to be added to the game as well considering it is a play that has gained momentum recently with the recent success of Cam Newton, Pryor, and Taylor Martinez using it.
ex- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8uYRFGyqXY

6.-The offset shotgun plays need to have a zone read and gun triple option plays added.

-The aiming point of some of the shotgun running plays is wrong and the zone read animation isn't correct. For example out of 4wr trio hb offset formation the qb choice play as is, is a veer not a true zone read IMO. When Oregon runs this play the QB makes little to no movement towards the LOS.
ex- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6YgRqSfiD0

Edit: Another thing I would like to see is the midline option implemented both from UC and from the gun.
-UC-ex http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt_a91OhD-c&feature=related
-gun-ex http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55dssn0sj8c&feature=player_embedded

Note: Forgive the spelling and grammar errors if there are any

thunderpack81
07-27-2011, 06:56 PM
change the run blocking of the game, it's horrible, football is a huge part of my life and i know how to block and ncaa 12 is terrible at blocking, specifically run blocking, I play as wisconsin and there known to run the ball so I don't why it's such a problem. The fullback will stop in the middle of nowhere and turn around when 3 yards in front of him he could have blocked a guy, the linemen do the same on toss plays, or they will release from a double team block, head down field, then just stop in front of me and let a guy tackle the running back, I buy every other year and ncaa 10 was good at blocking, at least I didn't have such a probably with it like in ncaa 12, it's horrible and it's not football. I don't know how hard it is to figure out that if your call i run play you block the next guy that's not blocked. I know that you can't block everyone but you can at least get in the way of them and make some effort, this is the worse ncaa I've bought and would like the blocking to change.

Rudy
07-27-2011, 08:12 PM
change the run blocking of the game, it's horrible, football is a huge part of my life and i know how to block and ncaa 12 is terrible at blocking, specifically run blocking, I play as wisconsin and there known to run the ball so I don't why it's such a problem. The fullback will stop in the middle of nowhere and turn around when 3 yards in front of him he could have blocked a guy, the linemen do the same on toss plays, or they will release from a double team block, head down field, then just stop in front of me and let a guy tackle the running back, I buy every other year and ncaa 10 was good at blocking, at least I didn't have such a probably with it like in ncaa 12, it's horrible and it's not football. I don't know how hard it is to figure out that if your call i run play you block the next guy that's not blocked. I know that you can't block everyone but you can at least get in the way of them and make some effort, this is the worse ncaa I've bought and would like the blocking to change.

This post is actually in the wrong thread. I don't think the blocking is that bad but there is no question there are issues. I've seen the FB pull away inexplicably as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCI4l5xj9ro

Unconquered
08-09-2011, 07:20 AM
Fix pass trajectory. The dev team should spend a week playing NCAA 06 before they get to work on NCAA 13 -- that game had beautiful pass trajectory and ball physics.

Improve the effectiveness of the juke move and make the spin move less effective. Juking should occasionally "freeze" and slow defenders ... watch an old clip of Barry Sanders in action. The L-stick should also be more responsive/effective for cutting and faking out defenders.

Bad snaps on punts and field goals.

Bring back interruptible player motion, as mentioned above. I hate having to send my player all the way across the field and then back again just to see if the D is playing zone or man. Especially with a short play clock. Also, momentum shouldn't be such a big factor on pre-snap motion.

Bring back NCAA 06-style user-controlled celebrations -- at the risk of a penalty. Also add an unsportsmanlike penalty slider.

Bring in Madden's QB ratings (short, medium, long pass accuracy, etc.). Add Madden's QB throwing motions.

Add the option to adjust WR splits (i.e., how far the WRs line up from the QB), almost like packages. Give us the option to split our WRs tight, normal and wide.

Scrap the meaningless 0-100 rating scale. Instead, set player ratings from 1 to 15 and have each point count. That's how it was back in the day and it was beautiful.

Unconquered
08-09-2011, 05:39 PM
More trick/gadget plays, such as reverses, double reverses and double reverse passes (Jet Sweeps are not the same as reverses).

If the dev team is lacking inspiration or ideas, all they have to do is watch this YouTube playlist of trick plays (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOb75U5HrXM&playnext=1&list=PL1FA665C2E5DE86E2).

JeffHCross
08-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Scrap the meaningless 0-100 rating scale. Instead, set player ratings from 1 to 15 and have each point count. That's how it was back in the day and it was beautiful.1-15? How long ago was that?

Unconquered
08-11-2011, 01:40 PM
1-15? How long ago was that?

Eons. Must have been when it was still Bill Walsh College Football on the Genesis. 1995, maybe?

Anyway, you could really feel the player ratings then. You could immediately tell when you were using a DB who had Speed 13 vs. a DB who had Speed 15. I miss that.

baseballplyrmvp
08-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Eons. Must have been when it was still Bill Walsh College Football on the Genesis. 1995, maybe?

Anyway, you could really feel the player ratings then. You could immediately tell when you were using a DB who had Speed 13 vs. a DB who had Speed 15. I miss that.

while this is definitely true, you have to scale up the 0-15 scale to the 0-100 we currently have. so a 2 point difference in the 0-15 scale is like a 13 point difference in the current 0-100. comparing a 13 speed DB to a 15 speed DB is like comparing an 86 speed DB to a 99 speed DB. changing the scale isnt gonna fix the system. the problem lies in that the players are way overrated.

illwill10
08-13-2011, 12:24 AM
IF they dont add Real-Time Physics, then:

- Completely Redo OL/DL Interaction. Add more Animations for both sides. More Dline Pass Rush Moves.

- QB play. Better Trajectory. QB Throwing Styles. Improved Scramble Logic. Add QB ratings from Madden. Add Scramble Rating

- RB play. Add way more Animations, more Power Back animations. Add logic to use their special moves in space more. Add Running Styles, like 2k5.

- Completely redo WR/CB interaction. Needs more Jostling. When it is a jump ball, it is either the WR catches the ball and the CB doesnt react or CB does a Physic swat. Needs to redo Jump ball situation

OL- Reduce the Sliding. It is not fun. Need to improve OL blocking logic. Reduce the amount of Cut/leg blocks. There are way too many.

DL- Add more DLine moves. Remove the Bull Rush animation where you power OL to the ground. Add Actual Bull Rush and Push.

LB- Take Away Super LB. Notmuch else. Add more Tackle Animations.

DB- Less Physicness. Improve Man Coverage. Add More Interception Animations. Interceptions shouldnt be the same as Receptions. Size should matter.

- Add Individual Coverage.

- Add Defensive Assignments. and Blocking Assignments

- Add a Logic where AI figures out what plays you run and trys to stop it.

-Add a logic where AI keys on Players who are dominating. Like Loading up the box, not because they know Im running. Shading Coverage towards a WR or Backing up in Coverage if you are having sucess deep. Shifting OLine towards one side if I DLineman is wreaking havoc. QBs not throwing to one side if a DB is Locking down a side.

-Add Pass Reaction and Rush Reaction from Maffrn. It would reduce Super LB

Unconquered
08-13-2011, 01:38 PM
changing the scale isnt gonna fix the system. the problem lies in that the players are way overrated.

This isn't the thread for this, but I completely disagree. Smaller is better and more manageable. We've been using the 0-100 scale for at least a decade now, right? Obviously it's not working. It's time for EA to simplify: When something is broken, go back to the beginning.

Rudy
08-13-2011, 05:45 PM
This isn't the thread for this, but I completely disagree. Smaller is better and more manageable. We've been using the 0-100 scale for at least a decade now, right? Obviously it's not working. It's time for EA to simplify: When something is broken, go back to the beginning.

Going from a big scale down to a small one fixes nothing. It's like reducing the sliders to between 0 and 10 because you don't like how they work. It only makes it worse. If you want to see players ratings changed that's fine but the scale has nothing to do with the problem imo.

steelerfan
08-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Going from a big scale down to a small one fixes nothing. It's like reducing the sliders to between 0 and 10 because you don't like how they work. It only makes it worse. If you want to see players ratings changed that's fine but the scale has nothing to do with the problem imo.

Absolutely true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Dr Death
08-15-2011, 08:47 AM
I'll add some things to this list, in no particular order of preference, as all are needed.

1: Shovel Pass

2: Wide O-line spilts {see :Texas_Tech: w/ Mike Leach} This could be an "option" when we create our custom playbooks

3: Fix the damn Bubble Screen. Never, and I repeat NEVER have I seen a Bubble Screen in real life the way it's programmed in the game

4: As already mentioned, do away w/ Super Linebackers and fix ball trajectory

5: As well as bad snaps on punts and FG's, which has been mentioned, it would be nice to have kickers slip occasionally on FG's in rain or snow games

6: Fix the penalties. This years game has the dumbest penalties I have ever seen. Example: Team runs the ball for 5 yards, is called for holding. It should now be 1st and 20... I've seen times when the penalty makes it 1st and 7. They actually gain 3 yards for holding. Ridiculous!!!

7: CPU Punters kick the ball into the end zone 99% of the time, never even trying to angle it to the sideline. Fix this!!!

8: WR Middle Screens... we've dealt w/ psychic DB's, now there are times when we have psychic DE's who know a Mid Screen is coming and they blow it up.

9: Get better Mo-Captures of QB's throwing the ball. The way they look now is... ludicrous.

10: WR's that actually fight for balls and try to break up interceptions.

I'll stop for now...

steelerfan
08-15-2011, 08:56 AM
I'll add some things to this list, in no particular order of preference, as all are needed.

1: Shovel Pass

2: Wide O-line spilts {see :Texas_Tech: w/ Mike Leach} This could be an "option" when we create our custom playbooks

3: Fix the damn Bubble Screen. Never, and I repeat NEVER have I seen a Bubble Screen in real life the way it's programmed in the game

4: As already mentioned, do away w/ Super Linebackers and fix ball trajectory

5: As well as bad snaps on punts and FG's, which has been mentioned, it would be nice to have kickers slip occasionally on FG's in rain or snow games

6: Fix the penalties. This years game has the dumbest penalties I have ever seen. Example: Team runs the ball for 5 yards, is called for holding. It should now be 1st and 20... I've seen times when the penalty makes it 1st and 7. They actually gain 3 yards for holding. Ridiculous!!!

7: CPU Punters kick the ball into the end zone 99% of the time, never even trying to angle it to the sideline. Fix this!!!

8: WR Middle Screens... we've dealt w/ psychic DB's, now there are times when we have psychic DE's who know a Mid Screen is coming and they blow it up.

9: Get better Mo-Captures of QB's throwing the ball. The way they look now is... ludicrous.

10: WR's that actually fight for balls and try to break up interceptions.

I'll stop for now...

The way holding penalties are handled in the game is correct.

th3 last tiger
08-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Line Splits NEED to be in the game considering how many teams use different splits.

Unconquered
08-19-2011, 01:28 PM

Comparing sliders and ratings is apples and oranges. But like I said, we should tussle somewhere else, because this isn't the thread for this :)

Dr Death
08-20-2011, 12:11 AM
The way holding penalties are handled in the game is correct.

Not trying to fight w/ you Steelerfan, as I appreciate and respect you too much, but I've seen countless times where the holding penalty does not match the play on the field. There's been so many that it's difficult to provide an example, but one I've seen a lot besides what I mentioned above, is a pass play that gains 20 yards. Holding is called on the LG, and instead of 1st and 20... because the LG is behind the LOS... it's 1st and 8 or 1st and 7 or 1st and 12. As you watch college football this season, count how many times on passing plays that holding isn't a 10 yard penalty. I guarantee you it will be less than 1%.

Rudy
08-20-2011, 05:33 AM
Yeah, it's really rare to see a holding penalty result in less than 10 yards. That's normally reserved for bigger runs with a block that is clearly downfield, often by a WR that held. Holding calls in the box are always a full 10 yard penalty.

steelerfan
08-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Not trying to fight w/ you Steelerfan, as I appreciate and respect you too much, but I've seen countless times where the holding penalty does not match the play on the field. There's been so many that it's difficult to provide an example, but one I've seen a lot besides what I mentioned above, is a pass play that gains 20 yards. Holding is called on the LG, and instead of 1st and 20... because the LG is behind the LOS... it's 1st and 8 or 1st and 7 or 1st and 12. As you watch college football this season, count how many times on passing plays that holding isn't a 10 yard penalty. I guarantee you it will be less than 1%.

I know you're not picking a fight, brother. I just haven't seen what you're seeing. I also haven't seen anyone else say they've seen it.

That's not to say you're wrong, I just can't verify that you're right. I haven't played the game in a week or so. When I get back on it, I will be watching this like a hawk for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

OSUCowboyofMD
08-22-2011, 06:39 PM
More realistic injuries. I was playing one time and my qb was in like a helmet to helmet collision and he got right back up. Next play, the same thing happened, and he was taken out of the game with a sprained ankle

baseballplyrmvp
09-04-2011, 12:22 PM
bring back defensive matchups, with the ability to set the defensive coverage for your players- off or press. (ie: i have 2 corners. one with a 92 press rating, and the other with a 53. i want the 92 press corner to press his receiver everytime, and the 53 press corner to play off everytime.)

baseballplyrmvp
09-17-2011, 08:25 PM
ability to set formation subs for certain formation packages. also, and maybe this could be just another package, but an option similar to mass subs but for 3rd downs- which would be most useful for defense

Jayrah
10-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Of course we need to have a chance to block punts. And in the event of a special teams overhaul I would like to see an option for 1 or 2 step punting. 1 step would be the "quick kick" option for special situations (and would reduce punt power significantly (anywhere from 10-15 yards off the punt). However it could more rarely be blocked.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

OSUCowboyofMD
10-07-2011, 05:38 PM
...also can we have pooch punt

Jayrah
10-12-2011, 06:16 PM
...also can we have pooch punt

And a rugby style punt.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

GiantsOfTheNorth
10-30-2011, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=Unconquered;96169]More trick/gadget plays, such as reverses, double reverses and double reverse passes (Jet Sweeps are not the same as reverses).

I know man! How much longer must this go on! I have been waiting for double reverses for so long!

GiantsOfTheNorth
10-30-2011, 10:52 PM
It should be easier to block punts and field goals, too.

baseballplyrmvp
12-14-2011, 09:07 AM
there needs to be something put in to have players dive on a loose ball, instead of trying to pick up and running it back every time.

clintonforprez
12-18-2011, 09:58 PM
The computer is the only one that can throw that pass . . . .they do it all the time on me on Heisman.

You can throw the passes based on touch sensitivity and a little bit of left stick in the direction of the receiver. You have to turn off auto passing and mess with it forever to truly get it down.

Too your point though, I agree that this should be much more intuitive while still keeping it difficult to master.

blkkrptnt819
12-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Changing the scale doesn't make sense to me. Why not make each notch on the 100 point scale mean something?!?! And the fastest person doesn't always make it to the ball best. Just look at real life coverage.

stanfordfan1
12-23-2011, 01:06 AM
two things that should be fixed are the on the double screen when the pass is caught it should have the pass icons and on fumbles rather than having players try to pick up the ball sometimes the players should either dive on the ball or dogpile and when the dogpile happens the game should show the ref unpiling the players to see who recovered the ball

JeffHCross
12-31-2011, 02:04 PM
two things that should be fixed are the on the double screen when the pass is caught it should have the pass iconsIs the Double Screen supposed to be a WR pass? I thought the play called "Double Screen" in the game was just a play that had screens being run on both sides of the field.

stanfordfan1
01-02-2012, 05:29 PM
i dont know because i always thought it was a wr pass

Jayrah
01-05-2012, 01:29 AM
There is a double screen out of pistol that has a wr and rb screen on opposite sides.

illwill10
01-05-2012, 06:26 PM
There is a double screen out of pistol that has a wr and rb screen on opposite sides.
i think it is the Pistol cross. Good success from that play in short yard situations. I think there is another double screen in either the Gun or Ace. I know I picked it for my playbook, but never used it.
The play I havent had consistent success is HB Mid Screen Screen that is in the Gun Spread set(I think). It is like the shovel pass. I havent found a way to pass to the HB effectly. If I dont move and just back up(from the rush) the ball will get batted down. I found little success in moving to the side to dump it off to the RB. I think if I throw on the run or move to the side right before I throw, the ball wont get batted down. This is a play I want to run a few times a game

Jayrah
01-12-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure they can really do this well without adding a button. We all know that a qb can't get as much on a throw when he's sprinting, so I suggest the sprint button as being the one to accomplish this in between pass with. You don't have to be sprinting, just if it pressed in conjunction with a passing icon it should take something off the throw. That gives us the ability to really have control. If you're sprinting out a want to bullet or lob over the top you'd have to idle down by releasing the sprint button and do it. This also gives the defense a half second to react, and I believe would semi slow down the online cheeser ability.

JeffHCross
01-12-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm not sure they can really do this well without adding a button.I've been able to throw balls with loft (but not a lob) on the current system, it's just not very easy to do with the super LBs and other defensive advantages. If you go into Practice Mode with no defense, you can see what I mean.

baseballplyrmvp
01-12-2012, 11:03 PM
I've been able to throw balls with loft (but not a lob) on the current system, it's just not very easy to do with the super LBs and other defensive advantages. If you go into Practice Mode with no defense, you can see what I mean.would tying the awareness of a qb to how much arc he puts on the ball be a viable solution?

a qb with 99 awareness and 99 throw accuracy should be able to make every throw on the field without the ball ever being batted down (assuming you're not playing a human opponent).

JeffHCross
01-13-2012, 08:59 PM
would tying the awareness of a qb to how much arc he puts on the ball be a viable solution?Devil's Advocate: My CB is in perfect position to make a play on the ball, but he can't knock it down because he's going against a 99 AWR 99 THA QB. That's an extreme example, of course, but shows the potential fallacies of absolutes like that.

One thing that would be possible is that there could be some kind of Touch Correction. If your QB is high in AWR/THA, but you try to bullet a ball through traffic, the game puts a little bit of loft onto it. Maybe not enough for it to get through the traffic (because, honestly, there should be SOME kind of learning curve to the game, even if you're playing with Peyton Manning), but better off than you were. Similarly, a ball that shouldn't be lobbed as much as it is it thrown a little deeper than it would be by a lower rated QB.

It's certainly an idea, though I'm not 100% sold on the idea (even though it was my idea!) that my inputs to the controller should be influenced at all by the player's ratings.

baseballplyrmvp
01-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Devil's Advocate: My CB is in perfect position to make a play on the ball, but he can't knock it down because he's going against a 99 AWR 99 THA QB. That's an extreme example, of course, but shows the potential fallacies of absolutes like that.i was thinking more along the lines of this affecting passes intended towards your open receiver (or about to get open), rather than forcing a throw into blanketed coverage. but yes, i totally agree with what your counter example/point.

i was also trying to incorporate the qb's ball placement ability. the tom bradys, peyton mannings, and aaron rodgers of the game should be able to throw the ball to a place where only their receivers are going to get it, even if it is thrown to a covered receiver.

Rudy
01-14-2012, 05:18 AM
Devil's Advocate: My CB is in perfect position to make a play on the ball, but he can't knock it down because he's going against a 99 AWR 99 THA QB. That's an extreme example, of course, but shows the potential fallacies of absolutes like that.

It's certainly an idea, though I'm not 100% sold on the idea (even though it was my idea!) that my inputs to the controller should be influenced at all by the player's ratings.

I like this idea actually. It would actually make awareness count for human controlled players which is a good thing imo. It would provide more sim like results and help eliminate some cheese at the position (a WR playing QB would have zero touch - bullet everything). How often do you see a bad QB go up against a good defense and seemingly WRs are never open and the offense stinks? Then you see a great QB play against a good defense and suddenly those WRs are getting open and the offense is productive. There are many examples of WRs that looked great playing with a great QB and when they leave the team they suddenly don't do so well. That's one reason I think a QB is by far the most important position in the NFL. They truly elevate the play (or worsen it) of players around them. Tying awareness into touch and/or the WRs ability to get open would be something I would want. I think we can all think of some QBs that had cannons for arms and no touch (Jim Druckenmiller).

JeffHCross
01-14-2012, 10:42 AM
The only thing I'm not sure about is would it make it so that a great QB would stack the deck a little too much?

Think about it this way: We know that if Appalachian State consistently (or ever) beat Michigan in NCAA 08, most (if not all) Michigan gamers would have quit the game, proclaimed that they were getting "EA'd", etc. Yet it happened in real life.

Along the same lines, if you take an average defense and they play lights out versus a bad QB, but can't make a play against a great QB, that would quickly lose fun, especially in leagues like Powerhouse where most of us have "great" QBs. So there has to be some middle ground that still allows a defense to make the plays. Even Drew Brees / Peyton Manning / Tom Brady can have bad games, sometimes even against "bad" defenses.

Rudy
01-14-2012, 12:32 PM
I think that's better than the alternative which is what we have now - where user QB awareness means absolutely nothing. Why start that senior QB with good smarts and average physical tools when you can start the dumb true freshman with a strong arm? You don't see enough of a difference between the starter and backup when the cpu QB comes in either imo. That led to the term Robo QB being used in the past. If you started tying passing touch and/or route running to QB awareness, even if just a little, it could really add to the personality of the game and do a better job differentiating between average and great players. I want the stars to be utilized better and stand out more. This could help the QB position do just that.

Jayrah
01-14-2012, 05:43 PM
I've been able to throw balls with loft (but not a lob) on the current system, it's just not very easy to do with the super LBs and other defensive advantages. If you go into Practice Mode with no defense, you can see what I mean.
For me, one of the things that I really like about the game is that every qb feels a little different. Some I can put touch with, some I can't. After narrowing it down, I think accuracy and thr pwr combo has more to do with it than awareness, but there should be a more tangible way than the current "somewhere in between". However, with that said, if there were less jumping ability by the LB's and more consistency on the "in between" button mashing, it might be good enough. I can certainly make the in between throw myself, but others can't, and besides I'd like a better penalty for throwing on the run.

Jayrah
01-14-2012, 05:46 PM
would tying the awareness of a qb to how much arc he puts on the ball be a viable solution?

a qb with 99 awareness and 99 throw accuracy should be able to make every throw on the field without the ball ever being batted down (assuming you're not playing a human opponent). I think its tied to it at least a little... I really noticed the difference in a 6 pt difference from Power and 3 in accuracy between last years qb in my OD and this years.

EDIT: I thought you said accuracy. Awr is not involved and definitely SHOULD be in some capacity.

Kansacity88
03-06-2012, 03:30 AM
Chill out on all the rain games. I am in a dynasty where I have had 6 out of 12 of my home games had rain......and I am in Southern California! C'mon now.....everybody knows that it doesn't rain in Southern California......well, not THAT OFTEN! I could understand Florida but Cali? Even in the Midwest there arent THAT many rain games. Maybe 1 or 2 at the most! But not 5-6!

Marlowe
03-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Tone down the game play settings, specifically the aggressiveness of the strip ball setting. In OD's make it so if you're a offensive coordinator you don't have to keep switching your def. zone settings because they default to aggressive randomly. And on the subject of OD coordinators. Don't make us have to sit and watch each play where we're not on the field to alleviate the occurrence of big plays from the CPU.

Fix the fake blitzing with DL glitch.

If you're going to have rocket catching in the game at least let the animations be user-triggered. The CPU should not assist.

WildBucFan13
04-17-2012, 04:37 PM
This may be nitpicking, but penalize recruits who have 'low', 'very low' or 'least' for academic preference.
Recruiting this type of player would give them a percentage chance of being academically ineligible for the next year or even force them to leave the school. It happens; 5 star recruits going to big time schools may never see the field because they don't have the grades.

baseballplyrmvp
04-17-2012, 09:30 PM
i know its too late for 13, but i'd like to see the size of the zone coverage bubble be affected by the defender playing it.

ex: a mlb with 50 speed, 50 accel, 50 agility ratings should not have the same "range" as a mlb with 99 speed, 99 accel, and 99 agility. obviously, the second mlb would be able to cover more ground than what the first mlb.

this could drastically change up how defense is played, especially combined with custom plays (either created or simply modified)

baseballplyrmvp
05-27-2012, 12:43 PM
i'd like to see some sort of quick change mass sub option for specific position groups. lets say that i go no-huddle all game long, i'd like some mass sub option to sub in just my backup wr's or just my backup o-line for one or two series.

this would, of course, need to have an appropriate depth chart that's not limited to just 6 wr slots. even better, would be to combine the depth chart and formation sub interface, that'd allow us to set a mini depth chart for each separate formation. then, you could establish a true slot and outside receiver rotation.

JeffHCross
05-27-2012, 11:40 PM
i'd like to see some sort of quick change mass sub option for specific position groups.Would customizable packages fit your scenario, or would that not be enough?

baseballplyrmvp
05-28-2012, 12:20 AM
Would customizable packages fit your scenario, or would that not be enough?

it some cases, it would. in others, it wouldnt. if, for example, my o-line and wr's are in need of oxygen assistance but my rb and qb are as fresh as ever, i wouldnt want 3 devoted packages to replace the wr's, the o-line, and the wr's and o-line all at once. not to mention similar type of changes on the defensive side (lb's and db's, d-line and db's, etc)

its not a huge thing, but it those certain situations, it'd be a nice time-saver over manually swapping out players on the depth chart.