PDA

View Full Version : New Features - NCAA Football 13 Wish List & Feedback

cdj
07-11-2011, 09:41 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAFootballLogo.jpg

New Features

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items relating to New Features you would like to see in NCAA Football 13.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

souljahbill
07-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Dynamic Conference Prestige
More In-Depth Coaching Ratings (Recruiting, Training, Boosts to Attributes)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onikuno
07-12-2011, 05:23 AM
I would like to see Custom Conferences take another step. Make a new conference from scratch. Custom logo, trophy, name etc... My goal....recreate the Big 8 and the SWC. Also, have the ability to make ANY bowl game a BCS game, not just the Sugar, Rose, Orange, and Fiesta. Maybe even create-a-bowl?

OLATHExSOONER
07-13-2011, 11:39 AM
To go along with the previous comment, how about MAKING a bowl game. You pick a stadium and the tie-ins and there ya go!

Nate1986
07-24-2011, 09:44 PM
There should be something to where schools can be sancationed where they would lose recruits, loss of a winning season or bans from bowl games

jaymo76
07-31-2011, 12:08 AM
Matchup Sitck 2.0 I would love to hear from the developers if this is a feature that they liked/disliked and if it may ever make it back???

Rudy
07-31-2011, 05:32 AM
A momentum/player weight option. There is very little player weight/momentum in the current game and it's really bugging me. I'm not sure I can go another year with the players feeling the way they do now. Give us an option of Light (current game), Medium and Heavy.

I'd love to see a way to get the special moves of the RBs back. I still consider RBs neutered as the r-stick juke, stiff arm and truck move do next to nothing imo. Maybe if the player weight was more realistic I could beat guys in the open field but I find myself very frustrated when I take a back like Vincent Smith of UM and can't beat a defender in the open field. It hurts my enjoyment. The easiest way to do this is to separate the RBA slider into two - one called RB special moves and the other for RB speed. That way we could crank the RBA slider up/down to achieve the special moves we like. The current problem is if you crank the RBA slider up it also makes RBs faster and then you get slower RBs out-running much faster players. Here's a nice video of the cpu as Even Royster juking my defender in NCAA 11. I miss seeing this from both the cpu and myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99S3Q3GyOgw
I simply can't make guys miss in the open field in NCAA 12 and it sucks. Even with a guy like Vincent Smith who should be able to make a guy miss like in this TD catch and run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrKwiWAEQ8

In game saves! In game saves!

More sliders - fatigue, fumbles, injury, zone vs. man pass defence. Also a swat slider (like the old knockdown slider) that can be used to tone down how well a LB/DB get their hands on passes.

The matchup stick was great on the PS2. I totally agree with Jaymo about wanting that back.

I'd love to see discipline back in the dynasty mode. A true half time show would be nice.

baseballplyrmvp
07-31-2011, 02:46 PM
use the fan base pitch rating to change the percentage of the crowd in bowl games.

i'm playing in the rose bowl in my offline :USC: dynasty vs :NC_State:.why is the split 50/50? if they use the fan base rating in this, USC (A rating) fans could make up like 70-80% of the stadium vs 20-30% of nc state fans (C? rating idk)

Bucknut216
07-31-2011, 10:13 PM
I am disappointed and tempted to change edit attributes during my dynasty.

Rudy
08-06-2011, 05:38 AM
Route-based passing. Let us hit a shoulder button so the QB throws the ball to where the WR is supposed to be (ie an out, curl or comeback) before he has made his break without continuing to lead him downfield. Without route based passing the timing is very hard in the current game and it is really dangerous to throw a lot of the routes to outside WRs. You end up throwing the ball too much to your TE and slot WRs. This would really open up a new dimension to the passing game.

I would like to see some mini-games brought back. My son doesn't like playing football games yet but he will play tackle alley on the Backbreaker demo. The bowling and tug of war games were fun sometimes. Bring them back along with tackle alley. Didn't they use to have the Oklahoma drill in the game as well?

OSUCowboyofMD
08-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Have an option to where maybe 5-10 years down your dynasty or even earlier, you can expand your stadium or create a new one. All based on a budget and the success of your program. Maybe even also create new uniforms and change logos and colors.

Another idea I had was being able to build up your created team from the FCS level into the FBS. Have all FCS teams and their stadiums downloadable from teambuilder.

JeffHCross
08-22-2011, 08:00 PM
and their stadiumsHow? Love the idea, but ... how?

OSUCowboyofMD
08-22-2011, 08:17 PM
How? Love the idea, but ... how?

That's exactly what I said :(

JeffHCross
08-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Gotcha. Understand what you meant now.

GiantsOfTheNorth
10-27-2011, 11:00 PM
There should be the option to schedule one neutral-site (kickoff or otherwise) regular-season game using Custom Schedules within Dynasty Mode. There are so many games like this these days in college football, such as the Chick-fil-A College Kickoff, the Cowboys Classic, etc. There could be a number of different stadiums one could choose from. I think this would be a really fun option to include in NCAA 13, and one that would not take a lot of extra development hours.

OSUCowboyofMD
10-28-2011, 10:56 PM
There should be the option to schedule one neutral-site (kickoff or otherwise) regular-season game using Custom Schedules within Dynasty Mode. There are so many games like this these days in college football, such as the Chick-fil-A College Kickoff, the Cowboys Classic, etc. There could be a number of different stadiums one could choose from. I think this would be a really fun option to include in NCAA 13, and one that would not take a lot of extra development hours.

To add on, in order to be in a "main event" game, the kickoff games like the Cowboys Classic and Chick-fil-a Kickoff etc should be only teams of a high prestige. And really, please add more stadiums like Soldier Field, M&T Bank Stadium, FedEx Field, CenturyLink Field, Candlestick Park, MetLife Stadium etc

JeffHCross
10-29-2011, 12:53 PM
There should be the option to schedule one neutral-site (kickoff or otherwise) regular-season game using Custom Schedules within Dynasty Mode.I remember back on NCAA 2000 (PS1 days), we had the ability to schedule neutral-site games and control over every team's schedule. I loved the fact that I could make sure Ohio State / Michigan was the last game of the year, and didn't have to trust the built-in scheduling system. I'd love to see that control returned.

jaymo76
10-30-2011, 12:34 AM
I remember back on NCAA 2000 (PS1 days), we had the ability to schedule neutral-site games and control over every team's schedule. I loved the fact that I could make sure Ohio State / Michigan was the last game of the year, and didn't have to trust the built-in scheduling system. I'd love to see that control returned.

Heck, I would be happy if they would just give us control of the DAY and the START TIME for HOME GAMES. I personally love to have a few night games on my schedule but I rarely ever get them.

GiantsOfTheNorth
10-30-2011, 01:18 AM
To add on, in order to be in a "main event" game, the kickoff games like the Cowboys Classic and Chick-fil-a Kickoff etc should be only teams of a high prestige. And really, please add more stadiums like Soldier Field, M&T Bank Stadium, FedEx Field, CenturyLink Field, Candlestick Park, MetLife Stadium etc
Yes! That would be epic. What would REALLY be awesome is if you could change to location of the B1G Championship Game, for instance, to like Soldier Field or Lambeu Field!

jaymo76
10-30-2011, 02:02 AM
Yes! That would be epic. What would REALLY be awesome is if you could change to location of the B1G Championship Game, for instance, to like Soldier Field or Lambeu Field!

Would be nice but it won't happen. If memory serves, one of the developers spoke on this issue a few years back. I believe that Madden has the license to use those stadiums but EA would have to purchase an additional license to use them in NCAA FOOTBALL. ???

OSUCowboyofMD
10-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Would be nice but it won't happen. If memory serves, one of the developers spoke on this issue a few years back. I believe that Madden has the license to use those stadiums but EA would have to purchase an additional license to use them in NCAA FOOTBALL. ???

:( :bang: :deadhorse: :mad: :smh: :fp:

GiantsOfTheNorth
10-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Yeah, idk. They have Lucas Oil Stadium in-game, though.

OSUCowboyofMD
10-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah, idk. They have Lucas Oil Stadium in-game, though.

Only because its where the B1G championship game will be played

SmoothPancakes
10-31-2011, 04:15 PM
Only because its where the B1G championship game will be played

Yep. They were able to get the license to use Lucas Oil since the real life B1G CCG will be played there. But to add other stadiums like Soldier Field, Lambeau, etc, they have to purchase the additional licenses as Jaymo said. Which means those stadium will not appear in NCAA, at least not anytime soon.

baseballplyrmvp
11-01-2011, 09:41 AM
how bout something that we could set a snap count to, which could help prevent our o-linemen from going offsides in critical situations when we're trying to bait the defense into jumping offsides?

GiantsOfTheNorth
11-18-2011, 05:38 PM
I think pulling offensive linemen would be a REALLY cool option to have. What do people think?

HiNk519
11-27-2011, 02:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vid9L1S6cvU&feature=player_detailpage
GENERAL SUGGESTIONS - BRING BACK FEATURES FROM OLDER NCAA FOOTBALL 05-08

JerePat10
11-27-2011, 04:40 PM
College football is a business. I would like to see greater control of that business that impacts ability to recruit, hire top assistant coaches, upgrade facilities to help training/etc., and give back to the school to generate more support from the administration. More wins, generates more money - BCS Bowl bids and wins can generate even more - and allow you to invest in the program/recruiting/etc. It would be great to have the opportunity to hire the best talent - either it is a "Athletic Director" Dynasty - that includes hiring the head coach and setting up recruitment - or it is rolled into the standard Dynasty - but either way, it is about the money.

Thoughts?

oregonman
12-01-2011, 04:21 PM
What about the ability realy recruit somebody. Not just click a little button and be done with it.

danfido
12-09-2011, 12:58 PM
I would love to see ways to improve your recruiting pitches off the field and in tangible, editable ways. Build new stadiums, expand existing stadiums, create new alternate uniforms, upgrade facilities, perhaps school presidents or athletic directors that have an impact on academic prestige. Maybe as a successful head coach, you have control over your conference (like commissioner... I know it's not the coach's role, so maybe including AD as a staff position?) to invite teams to join to increase conference prestige.

JeffHCross
12-10-2011, 11:21 AM
What about the ability realy recruit somebody. Not just click a little button and be done with it.How? What do you mean "really" recruit?

johnlennon
03-30-2012, 12:58 AM
Hi whats up im new to this but I would like to see the leap factor where you can jump over.players heads and I would love to see actual Hard hits like a real hit and more realistic dreads .........more in depth scouting and it would be nice if to have to actual break away speed and last but not least in the road to glory can you put like the real high situations like the real sparq training camp and the under armour and u.s army all star games well thats it until next time

baseballplyrmvp
05-26-2012, 08:59 PM
how bout a weekly recruiting recap show starring erin andrews? use the whole existing system that's she's featured in for road to glory (that blue studio room thing). she could give a recap of which 4 and 5*'s committed during the previous week, they could bring herbie in and discuss what impact a certain recruit's commitment will have on his new team, erin andrews could also talk about which recruit's stock is rising the most and who's falling the most, as well as maybe providing some insight as to what top recruits arent being talked to yet.

the only thing they'd really have to do would be to record her and herbie saying the audio. otherwise, iirc, that whole studio room is already in the game.

souljahbill
05-27-2012, 04:59 AM
I know a lot of people want pregame/postgame/weekly wrapup shows but the problem with them will always be the commentary. If people complain the commentary is bad now, a show that can summarize everything is gonna be super generic and is going to sound stilted with all the branching that's going to need to be done. I'm not against shows but I don't think they'll ever be "good."

I'd really like a another broadcast team. A B-team for regional games, Brad and Herbie for national games.

baseballplyrmvp
05-27-2012, 12:35 PM
I know a lot of people want pregame/postgame/weekly wrapup shows but the problem with them will always be the commentary. If people complain the commentary is bad now, a show that can summarize everything is gonna be super generic and is going to sound stilted with all the branching that's going to need to be done. I'm not against shows but I don't think they'll ever be "good."

I'd really like a another broadcast team. A B-team for regional games, Brad and Herbie for national games.i get what you're saying, and maybe the lines would be repeated a good majority of the time, but you'd never get the same show twice, as it would always be about newly committed recruits or who's making the biggest noise. it may not sound fresh from week to week, but it would be new material.

JeffHCross
05-27-2012, 11:39 PM
I'd really like a another broadcast team. A B-team for regional games, Brad and Herbie for national games.I'd rather they spend the amount of time that it would take to get a B-team in the game on the A-team and get to the point that lines are rarely repeated (except the obvious).

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a second commentary team. But Madden's switching commentary teams has proven just how long it takes to get the audio back up to acceptable levels when you start from scratch. A second commentary team would be just that.

Personally, what I'd like to see is they bring in someone more local/available. Like maybe get some guys that do regional (or radio network guys) from the Orlando area. In theory, those guys would be able to come in for more hours and be less expensive (knowing nothing about how bringing Brad/Kirk/Rece in, this is completely theory). That's the only way, IMO, that you could get a second team up to the right level with speed. Plus, I enjoyed when other games (e.g. 2k) used non-national names, because it seemed to give them more freedom/creativity.