PDA

View Full Version : Question about Amazon Refund

CLW
07-09-2011, 06:10 PM
So.... I am EXTREMELY unhappy re: online franchise to the point I am about convinced I should cancel my Amazon pre-order.

The "problem" is I used Amazon credit from previous purchases to get the game for "free".

IF I cancel my pre-order, does anyone know if Amazon will give me my credit back or should I just wait until release day and take it back (unopened) to a retail store for a refund or store credit?

Paakaa10
07-09-2011, 06:29 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_901888_ref_how?nodeId=901926#how

How Refunds Are Issued
Refunds are issued to the payment method used at the time of purchase.

Payment Method -- Refund Method -- Refund Time (After Return Is Received)
Credit Card -- Credit Card -- 3-5 business days
Bank Account -- Bank Account -- Up to 10 business days
Amazon.com Gift Card -- Gift Card Balance -- 1-2 business days
Promotional Certificate -- No Refund Issued -- N/A
Credit Card & Amazon.com Gift Card -- Credit Card first, then Gift Card -- 3-5 business days

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200526490_return?nodeId=200526490#return

Returning Orders Paid by Points
Amazon will refund Shop with Points paid orders according to its usual returns policies. In the event of a partial refund, Amazon will refund other payment methods initially charged, prior to refunding points.

Note: The return policy of the seller will determine the return and refund policy for the items purchased from the seller. Orders from sellers that are shipped by Amazon.com through the Fulfillment by Amazon program are subject to the Amazon.com Returns Policy.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_rel_topic?ie=UTF8&nodeId=518228

Using a Promotional Claim Code Certificate
You might find promotional claim codes from Amazon.com in newspapers and magazines, in shipments, or in e-mails that we send to you. We offer a wide variety of promotion codes as a way of saying "Thank you!" for shopping with us.

Promotional codes can be redeemed only at the time you place an order. Follow the deal instructions or visit the promotion's "Here's how" page to review Terms and Conditions, then enter the claim code on the Payment Checkout page of the order form. If the total cost of the items you are purchasing exceeds the amount of the promotion, you will be prompted on the order form to provide your credit card information for the remaining balance. Promotion codes may not be applied toward sales tax, gift wrap, or additional shipping costs.

If your order page does not seem to reflect the expected promotion discount, review the promotion restrictions specified in the Terms and Conditions. Take special note of both the items you're buying and the sellers you're buying them from, as promotions are restricted to specific items and sellers.

You can verify that a promotion code was successfully applied by reviewing your Order Confirmation e-mail or by visiting Your Account.

Difficulties Redeeming Your Promotion Claim Code?
If you received a concession promotion from Amazon Customer Service via e-mail, that promotion was automatically placed on your account and will appear on the Order Summary page before you complete your order.

Other types of promotion codes require that you enter the claim code into the order form to receive a discount. If for some reason you do not place an order at that time, the promotion will remain on your account until it is used or until the promotion expires. When you place an order that meets the restrictions for the promotion, you should see the discount reflected in the "Payment" section of the order form.

Some promotional offers are restricted to one per customer, and some require a minimum purchase. Please read our promotion code rules and restrictions, or visit the Terms and Conditions link for your specific promotional offer.

Refunds
If you return any of the promotion items, we will subtract your discount from your return credit.

JeffHCross
07-09-2011, 06:31 PM
EDIT: Wow, Bryan kicked my ass on that one. I didn't find any of that :D
EDIT: CLW, Amazon has a "Contact Us" link in the Help section that includes a live chat. I'd encourage you to use it and double-check before doing anything.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200526490_return?nodeId=200526490#return

Returning Orders Paid by Points
Amazon will refund Shop with Points paid orders according to its usual returns policies. In the event of a partial refund, Amazon will refund other payment methods initially charged, prior to refunding points.

Note: The return policy of the seller will determine the return and refund policy for the items purchased from the seller. Orders from sellers that are shipped by Amazon.com through the Fulfillment by Amazon program are subject to the Amazon.com Returns Policy.

I'm 99% sure that one only relates to the Amazon Credit Card and the new "Shop with Points" method they're promoting. Don't believe it has anything to do with the promotional credits.

Paakaa10
07-09-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm 99% sure that one only relates to the Amazon Credit Card and the new "Shop with Points" method they're promoting. Don't believe it has anything to do with the promotional credits.

I haven't shopped Amazon in a while; just grabbed the help information which seemed most relevant for this particular set of circumstances.

CLW
07-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Yeah I'll probably just call after the final news is announced re: online play and see what my options are. I guess at worst I receive the package on release day and immediate take it to a retail store for a store credit.

I OU a Beatn
07-09-2011, 07:48 PM
I've done it 50 times before. If you cancel, they put the promotion credit back in your account -- usually instantly. That's only on preorders, though, and since you're talking about Madden 12, you'll get the credit back as soon as you cancel. If not, Amazon customer service is amazing and they'll get it corrected for you.

morsdraconis
07-09-2011, 11:12 PM
I've done it 50 times before. If you cancel, they put the promotion credit back in your account -- usually instantly. That's only on preorders, though, and since you're talking about Madden 12, you'll get the credit back as soon as you cancel. If not, Amazon customer service is amazing and they'll get it corrected for you.

+1 though without the experience of having done it before.

Amazon Customer Service is quite good though and will help you out if there's ever an issue with getting your credits back.