PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 12 - Launch Day Update

cdj
07-08-2011, 04:01 PM
http://thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAA12MissSTBlack.jpg

The NCAA Football 12 product site has posted a new blog detailing the launch day update (http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/launch-day-update) gamers will be prompted to download when first firing up the game on Tuesday.

Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here and since we are just a few short days away from Tuesday’s launch I wanted to give you the low down on the launch day title update as well as give an update on the new Week Advance Anywhere feature for Online Dynasty. The update has already been approved by both Sony and Microsoft so the first time you pop that disc in the tray you will get the prompt for the update as long as you are online.

Before I get into the details of what’s in the update, I first wanted to talk about why an update is available on launch day. With the timing of the development cycles for NCAA and Madden we always reach a deadline where we can no longer take updates from the central gameplay team. Once we reach that point our focus is 100% on getting the game ready to submit to Sony and Microsoft so that we can meet our street date and get the game on the shelves. While all of this is going on the gameplay guys are still hard at work as they are driving towards Madden’s deadline. A lot of our launch day update is comprised of the tuning and bug fixing that was done after our cutoff date. This allows us to provide you with a gameplay experience that has received an extended development cycle as we are able to reap the benefits of Madden’s later release date.

Also, the feedback we received from you in the community based on your impressions when playing the demo played a part in determining what made it into this update. A number of issues that were brought up through the demo are addressed in this update, and there are others we are continuing to look into for future updates.

Now that I’ve had a chance to talk about why the update exists, let’s get to the goods and go into what’s in that update:

The first update I’ll mention is 100% the result of you in the community making your voice heard about a feature you wanted to see added. With the update you will now be able to edit rosters from inside of Dynasty mode. Plus, in Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit rosters. It’s almost unheard of to have a new feature added during a title update as we tend to focus more on updates to what already exists in the game, but we wanted to take the opportunity to show you guys our appreciation for being such a dedicated, hardcore fan base.

In Dynasty mode, many of you expressed frustration over CPU controlled teams over signing players at certain positions in future years. This is an issue we fixed early in the cycle for NCAA Football 12, but as can sometimes be the case in software development, a fix to one bug can introduce a bug or revert a fix somewhere else. Unfortunately that was the case with this issue as we reached the end of the development cycle. In this update, position maximum caps have been instituted to prevent the CPU from being able to over sign at a position.

Fixing exploits and issues that can cause one person to grieve another in an online game are major things we look to address in updates. We were able to identify a number of those issues and include them in this update. Here are the exploits and the potential online grieve we have addressed:

- Fixed an exploit involving manual direction changes for receivers that was allowing for “jetpack catches” on streak routes.

- Fixed an exploit where defenders were not switching assignments properly when an outside receiver was put in motion.

- Removed an exploit that allowed for pitching on QB sneaks.

- Fixed an exploit that involved hot routing a PA pass while under center and running with the QB.

- Fixed an exploit in the 4-2-5 where the ROLB was not being blocked in certain offensive formations.

- Fixed an exploit with the QB Contain assignment.

- Fixed an exploit with the Fake Punt Pass which was caused by linemen getting cut blocked too frequently.

- Fixed an online grieve that could be performed on Xbox 360 by repeatedly pulling and inserting a Memory Unit during a play.

Here are the other issues addressed in this update:

Gameplay

- Fixed an issue with the velocity of receivers when attempting to catch a pass that prevented catch animations from playing in certain situations (i.e. the ball bouncing off of a receiver without them making an attempt to catch it).

- Fixed an issue with blocking assignments where offensive linemen were not correctly picking up defenders that went from man coverage assignments to chasing down the ball carrier on running plays.

- Fixed an issue with offensive players who were out of position to make a block too often due to their assignments getting crossed with another player when determining who to block mid-play.

- Fixed an issue where defensive coverage assignments were not updated correctly when the offense called an audible.

- Fixed and issue that was causing defenders to play the curl route too effectively.

- Fixed an issue where the play was not always whistled dead when the kicking team touched the ball.

- Tuned and fixed issues with AI ball carriers running decisions and use of special moves (jukes, spins, etc.)

- Fixed an issue where fumbles were being called too often on a late throw away during a sack.

- Fixed an issue where a safety playing deep zone did not cover properly against a Trips set.

- Fixed an issue in 2 Man Under where the Free Safety did not cover the deep post route properly.

- Fixed an issue with Cover 1 in the 4-2-5 where the safety was attempting to cover a WR on the other side of the field.

- Fixed an issue during post and pre-play where player’s heads would snap to change what they were looking at, which looked very awkward.

- Fixed an issue to prevent linebackers from man aligning when in Cover 3 Zone.

Dynasty

- The PAC-12 Championship game logo has been added and appears both in the UI as well as on player’s uniforms during the game.

- Fixed an issue on the Job Openings screen of the Coaching Carousel that always defaulted you back to the top of the list.

- Fixed an issue in Online Dynasty where multiple Dynasty members using the same playbook caused a bug preventing both users from being able to edit their playbooks.

- Fixed a timing related crash bug that occasionally occurred when backing out of a Dynasty from within the coach editor.

- Fixed an issue with Custom Conference scheduling with moving a school from one division to another in a 13 or 15 team conference that resulted in some schools only having two conference games in a season.

- Fixed a rare issue where as a coordinator you were not on the field for plays when you should be.

- Fixed an issue with record breaker banners in Online Dynasty that caused the banner to appear too often.

- Fixed an issue where custom playbooks were not displayed properly for coaches when at the Coaching Carousel screen.

- Fixed and issue where edits to a coach where not being saved properly if you went directly into an online game after making the coach edits.

- Fixed a very rare crash that occurred when entering online games on PS3.

- Fixed various disconnect and dysnc issues.

Road to Glory

- Fixed an issue that prevented you from using team colored gloves once you got to college.

- Fixed an issue where stat banners in-game showed only solo tackles instead of total tackles for a player.

General

- Included the ability to change the CPU controlled team’s playbook at team select.

- Fixed an issue in Custom Playbooks where removing too many formations resulted in an empty playbook.

- Fixed an issue with the look of the sparkle on helmets in night games.

- Fixed an issue where extremely long highlights would start to get choppy after the first five seconds of playback.

Week Advance Anywhere Update

One of the new features we have added for Online Dynasty is “Week Advance Anywhere”, a premium DLC feature that allows commissioners the ability to advance the week of their Online Dynasties from the dynasty.easports.com website. To ensure that we are delivering a feature that is of the highest possible quality, we have made the decision to delay the launch of Week Advance Anywhere until August. Our other premium DLC feature in Online Dynasty is “SuperSim on the Web” which will be available at launch for a new onetime fee of $1.99. If you decide to purchase the Commissioner Bundle DLC for $6.99 before Week Advance Anywhere goes live, you will receive the ability host up to five Online Dynasties as well as access to SuperSim on the Web. Once Week Advance Anywhere becomes available it will be automatically unlocked and available to be used.

If you purchase the Commissioner Bundle after Week Advance Anywhere goes live you will get the ability to host up to five Online Dynasties, SuperSim on the Web, and Week Advance Anywhere for $6.99. After Week Advance Anywhere goes live, you will still be able to purchase SuperSim on the Web for $1.99 or you can purchase Week Advance Anywhere for $2.99 which will also include access to the SuperSim on the Web feature.

Well, there you have it. The launch day title update for NCAA Football 12 with a ton of great improvements, as well as an entirely new feature, is ready and waiting. Tuesday can’t get here soon enough.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?486-NCAA-Football-12-Launch-Day-Update

jaymo76
07-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Editing powers in NCAA FOOTBALL.... finally. This is absolutely massive for me. Now I hope though that it includes, height, weight, position, depth chart as well. :up::up::up:

I OU a Beatn
07-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Very nice list of fixes, looking forward to trying them out. However, I'm going to call BS on them eliminating the rocket catch, or as he labelled the "jet pack catch." They've introduced a number of "fixes" to that over the past several years and while it has calmed it down a bit, it's still fairly easy to do and works routinely well. I truly hope they did fix it, but after having played the demo, I don't think they'll be able to. They would have to completely get rid of that animation as far as I'm concerned, but I guess time will tell.

gschwendt
07-08-2011, 04:16 PM
- Fixed an issue with Cover 1 in the 4-2-5 where the safety was attempting to cover a WR on the other side of the field.
VERY happy to see this addressed early in the game this year! This was probably the issue I was most vocal about in making sure that it was looked at since it had been a bug since at least NCAA09 and added the fact that TCU's 4-2-5 was a big part of the marketing push this year. Without question I'll be running quite a bit of 4-2-5 and/or 3-3-5 this year.

BigWY
07-08-2011, 04:21 PM
ANyone with the game get prompted to download this yet? I haven't here (PS3), but maybe I need to restart.

JeffHCross
07-08-2011, 04:32 PM
ANyone with the game get prompted to download this yet? I haven't here (PS3), but maybe I need to restart.Even though the article said that it's already been approved, I'd expect it won't actually go live on Sony and Microsoft's servers until the official launch day -- Tuesday.

Treadstone6700
07-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Now that player editing in dynasty got patched in I can cross off #1 on my NCAA13 wishlist :))

Unconquered
07-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Awesome news -- my only gripe with the demo is that the spin move is far more effective than the juke.

If that isn't tuned when I get the game on launch day, I hope it'll be addressed in a tuner set.

Deuce
07-08-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm happiest about the recruiting cap.

souljahbill
07-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Man, at this rate, there won't be anything left for the 13 wishlist tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I OU a Beatn
07-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Awesome news -- my only gripe with the demo is that the spin move is far more effective than the juke.

If that isn't tuned when I get the game on launch day, I hope it'll be addressed in a tuner set.

I've seen quite the opposite. I'm able to trigger a lot of missed tackles by timing up a nice juke, while I've found the spin move to be too slow developing to really use it unless it's a one on one situation.

By the way, I really, really miss being able to do a home made spin move or juke like you should back on the PS2 days. When I try to do it now, my guy just strafes and I get tackled. :(

Jayrah
07-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Good stuff. Glad the Pac 12 Championship logos made it in. Also happy they addressed disconnect issues online.

I OU a Beatn
07-08-2011, 05:03 PM
- Fixed an online grieve that could be performed on Xbox 360 by repeatedly pulling and inserting a Memory Unit during a play.

Thank God they caught that before release. I can only imagine how annoying that would be if someone did that as I'm assuming it would effectively pause the game permanently until the user plugged it back in and the only option the victim would have is to quit.

steelerfan
07-08-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm happiest about the recruiting cap.

You have no idea, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

ram29jackson
07-08-2011, 05:25 PM
- Fixed an exploit that involved hot routing a PA pass while under center and running with the QB.

how is this a problem?

Deuce
07-08-2011, 05:25 PM
You have no idea, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Really? Seeing 8 QB's on a team?! Ha ha

ram29jackson
07-08-2011, 05:27 PM

shut up :rolleyes:........:D

C00KH4X
07-08-2011, 05:30 PM

how is this a problem?

Defense wouldn't react to the QB taking off until he was like 5 yards up the field...

ThaShark316
07-08-2011, 05:31 PM

Bowl Tie-Ins for EVERY bowl, robust presentation, re-naming of conferences, patches on jerseys...along with my #1 thing, more defensive formations like Madden 12 has.

I know one that might get some looks: Bigger (if not unlimited) cap on formations in custom playbooks.

But this news here....I'm amped.

JeffHCross
07-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Man, at this rate, there won't be anything left for the 13 wishlist tournament.Oh yes there will. I can think of enough things for half the bracket myself.

souljahbill
07-08-2011, 05:54 PM
You guys realize I was just kidding, right? I was just saying, with Custom Playbooks, CC, Dynasty Editing, Improved Zone, etc., it seems like A LOT of what the community really wanted is getting taken care of. My comment was more about giving props for what they've accomplished for this version then giving the development team a George Bush-esque "Mission Accomplished." Until Southern Miss' mascot is not in the game, conference prestige isn't dynamic, a few more additions to TB, and until we have Homecoming and Senior Night games, there's always more on my own personal wishlist for this to be "it."

JeffHCross
07-08-2011, 06:03 PM
You guys realize I was just kidding, right? I was just saying, it seems like A LOT of what the community really wanted is getting taken care of.After EA went over their announcements, one of the first things cdj and I discussed was how many of the "popular" Wishlist items have been included. We were rather stunned.

But, as you said, there's always something more to replace it.

jaymo76
07-08-2011, 06:11 PM
My #1 for 13... REAL FCS teams or at the very least, 25+ imported teambuilder teams.

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 06:12 PM
The first update I’ll mention is 100% the result of you in the community making your voice heard about a feature you wanted to see added. With the update you will now be able to edit rosters from inside of Dynasty mode. Plus, in Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit rosters. It’s almost unheard of to have a new feature added during a title update as we tend to focus more on updates to what already exists in the game, but we wanted to take the opportunity to show you guys our appreciation for being such a dedicated, hardcore fan base.

:up: :up:

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Just got through the whole title update details and WOW....just WOW :up:

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Even though the article said that it's already been approved, I'd expect it won't actually go live on Sony and Microsoft's servers until the official launch day -- Tuesday.

I wouldn't be too surprised if it is live on Monday.

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 06:19 PM
I didn't know EVERYTHING, only a few things that were on that title update so I was pretty blown away when I read it.

JeffHCross
07-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Really? 4 posts, JB? ;)

I wouldn't be too surprised if it is live on Monday.
You may be right. I guess I should have said "I wouldn't be surprised", instead of "I expect". I don't know what the normal timeline is for Day 1 patches.

Another way to say it is that I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft puts it up soon and Sony isn't until Tuesday. Since everything Sony seems to wait until the Tuesday store update.

I OU a Beatn
07-08-2011, 06:35 PM
JB is in full blown post whore mode. 4 back to back replies within 7 minutes. :D

As for day one patches, I don't know if it applies to NCAA, but they're usually available 2 or 3 days before the game comes out. They don't have anything to do with the store updating fortunately, so PS3 owners wont have to wait until the evening to get it. If it's been approved by both Sony and MS, then it'll be going live soon.

jaymo76
07-08-2011, 06:36 PM
I really, really hope that cpu DEPTH CHART is a part of what can be edited. Sometimes cpu teams have some "unique" depth chart issues.

ThaShark316
07-08-2011, 06:48 PM
You guys realize I was just kidding, right? I was just saying, with Custom Playbooks, CC, Dynasty Editing, Improved Zone, etc., it seems like A LOT of what the community really wanted is getting taken care of. My comment was more about giving props for what they've accomplished for this version then giving the development team a George Bush-esque "Mission Accomplished." Until Southern Miss' mascot is not in the game, conference prestige isn't dynamic, a few more additions to TB, and until we have Homecoming and Senior Night games, there's always more on my own personal wishlist for this to be "it."

We know. We're just saying. :D:nod:

ram29jackson
07-08-2011, 07:34 PM
My #1 for 13... REAL FCS teams or at the very least, 25+ imported teambuilder teams.

Ivy league and the top 2 teams from every lower division

CLW
07-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Pretty nice first day patch.

Did they ever tune the demo? I know they made a pretty big deal out of it but I don't recall seeing anything saying my demo had been tuned when I came back later to play it.

I guess I need to finally plat 11 only need the #1 start to finish trophy before mailing 11 back to the fine fine folks at GameFly.

Pig Bomb
07-08-2011, 07:38 PM
this update is mega-sweet

xMrHitStickx904
07-08-2011, 07:56 PM
The patch is already out.

skipwondah33
07-08-2011, 08:16 PM

how is this a problem?

Defense wouldn't react to the QB taking off until he was like 5 yards up the field...

Yeah that had to be patched soon after release of Madden last year.

jwallace0317
07-08-2011, 09:06 PM
One of the most obvious bugs in the demo (can't flip your play or call an audible until all players are lined up from the previous playcall) not on the list. :(

Iron Dragon
07-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

JeffHCross
07-08-2011, 10:14 PM
One of the most obvious bugs in the demo (can't flip your play or call an audible until all players are lined up from the previous playcall) not on the list. :(Is this different behavior than NCAA 11? I didn't spend practically any time with the demo, but audibles haven't felt differently in NCAA 12 from calling them in NCAA 11 ...

This list is only what's in the Day 1 update ... doesn't include all the things that were fixed between demo and retail. Might have to double-check that tomorrow though.

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Really? 4 posts, JB? ;)

Yeah in a span of 7 mins, if I edited, some people would miss my comments afterwards. :nod:

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 11:06 PM
JB is in full blown post whore mode. 4 back to back replies within 7 minutes. :D

That's what I do! I didn't multi-quote on purpose right there....just to spite you two in the peanut gallery.

I OU a Beatn
07-08-2011, 11:18 PM
That's what I do! I didn't multi-quote on purpose right there....just to spite you two in the peanut gallery.

Guess who's not getting Trophy Whore of the Month next month...:P :D

ram29jackson
07-08-2011, 11:21 PM

:D oh , man, come on,..almost 10,000 in a two year period..dude , please go talk to your real friends and give your thumbs a rest ( assuming you do this on a phone )

those thumbs must all buff and sinewey :sick: i'm around 2000 and feel thats too much as it is...and I thought I talked to much :fp:

I OU a Beatn
07-08-2011, 11:26 PM
What do you mean "2 years"? We passed the ONE year anniversary of the site two months ago. :D

I'm personally hoping he steps it up. A lot. I've never seen anyone with 100,000 posts on a forum before, and I think this may be the only opportunity I get to see it. Come on, JB!

jwallace0317
07-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Is this different behavior than NCAA 11? I didn't spend practically any time with the demo, but audibles haven't felt differently in NCAA 12 from calling them in NCAA 11 ...

Yup, it's absolutely different from '11, and '10 for that matter. Up until the demo for '12, you could always immediately call an audible or flip a play as soon as you break the huddle (or when going no-huddle immediately after you select a play). I noticed the bug in the demo for '12 right away, because as soon as I went no huddle and selected a play, I would try to call a formation audible or flip the play and it wouldn't "take" despite repeated attempts until all the players had finally finished getting up to the line and were set. The bug is a particularly big deal when you have seconds left on the play clock (or on the game clock at the end of the game), and you really need to flip a play or call one of your master audibles. With master audibles, you sometimes have to immediately flip them if the ball's spotted on the hash, and so you're waiting several seconds to be able to call the master audible, and then waiting several more seconds before you can flip the play. Very annoying! lol

prime9
07-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Yup, it's absolutely different from '11, and '10 for that matter. Up until the demo for '12, you could always immediately call an audible or flip a play as soon as you break the huddle (or when going no-huddle immediately after you select a play). I noticed the bug in the demo for '12 right away, because as soon as I went no huddle and selected a play, I would try to call a formation audible or flip the play and it wouldn't "take" despite repeated attempts until all the players had finally finished getting up to the line and were set. The bug is a particularly big deal when you have seconds left on the play clock (or on the game clock at the end of the game), and you really need to flip a play or call one of your master audibles. With master audibles, you sometimes have to immediately flip them if the ball's spotted on the hash, and so you're waiting several seconds to be able to call the master audible, and then waiting several more seconds before you can flip the play. Very annoying! lol

Is this just the demo that is like this?

jwallace0317
07-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Is this just the demo that is like this?

I've only heard from one person who has the retail version and looked into it, and he said the the bug is still there. So that, combined with the bug not being listed on the title update list, tells me it's probably going to be in the game until a second patch comes out.

Also, I should note that being to flip/audible on defense is unchanged, you can do it as quickly as you can press the buttons for it, just like it was for both offense and defense in '11.

prime9
07-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I hope the second patch comes up soon then

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2011, 12:31 AM
I've only heard from one person who has the retail version and looked into it, and he said the the bug is still there. So that, combined with the bug not being listed on the title update list, tells me it's probably going to be in the game until a second patch comes out.

Also, I should note that being to flip/audible on defense is unchanged, you can do it as quickly as you can press the buttons for it, just like it was for both offense and defense in '11.

This is just a random question, but do we know for sure that it's a bug, and not something that EA intentionally coded in? I mean, it is EA that we're talking about here. :D They certainly have randomly added their fair share of odd things in the past.

jwallace0317
07-09-2011, 12:52 AM
This is just a random question, but do we know for sure that it's a bug, and not something that EA intentionally coded in? I mean, it is EA that we're talking about here. :D They certainly have randomly added their fair share of odd things in the past.

Yeah, who knows...I guess I'm calling it a bug because calling audibles and flipping plays is sort of a core gameplay aspect, and something that essentially prevents you from calling a play, and could render master audible plays useless in some situations, seems buggish to me, especially when the "bug" is not present on defense.

Say you break the huddle with 10 seconds left, and immediately see that your opponent is coming out in a formation that's favorable to you. You want to call a master audible play, which is a screen pass to the left, but you need it to run to the right because you're on the left hash. In '11 and past versions, you could call the audible and flip it to the right direction in 4 button presses, and snap the ball in 5 or 6 seconds tops. Now, you have to wait for guys to finish lining up, THEN call the master audible, wait for the guys to finish lining up again, THEN flip the play, wait for guys to finish lining up....and by then the playclock has surely run out by that time. This is why I say "bug," lol.

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2011, 02:39 AM
Oh I know man, it's all good. I definitely noticed this during my times in the demo, and it definitely is a pain in the ass, especially with only 2 minute quarters to begin with. There is no time to waste like that from the very beginning of the game in the demo. But like I said, this is EA we're talking about here. :D Figured I'd bring in another side of the discussion of this maybe not actually being a bug, just someone at EA thinking they just had a brilliant idea, and in the end it's a horrible idea, sort of like the strategy pad in Madden last year.

C00KH4X
07-09-2011, 06:03 AM
I don't think the flipping thing is a "bug", I think it's completely intentional to stop people from flipping the play until the defensive alignment is messed up...

souljahbill
07-09-2011, 07:51 AM
I don't think the flipping thing is a "bug", I think it's completely intentional to stop people from flipping the play until the defensive alignment is messed up...

I think so too. Team's don't really call audibles until they see what the other team is doing, not immediately out if the huddle.

jwallace0317
07-09-2011, 09:37 AM

Yeah, I don't really care about winning the argument over whether it's an actual bug or it's intentional....whatever "it" is, it's the functional equivalent of a bug because it can cause you to eat up 10 or more seconds just to call a master audible play that goes in the direction you need it to. If EA's concerned about the defensive alignment not being screwed up, there has to be a better way to address that issue than to turn calling audibles into a joke.

jwallace0317
07-09-2011, 09:51 AM
I think so too. Team's don't really call audibles until they see what the other team is doing, not immediately out if the huddle.

"See what the other team is doing," which can be recognized before every single player is completely set. Audibles can sometimes involve a chess match in real life. The offense calls an audible, and the defense may change its look in response, the offense calls a different audible, etc. Anyone who's watched Peyton Manning operate an offense can see this. I'm a University of Florida guy, and I'd be rich if I had a nickel for every time Florida changed it's play call while a couple guys were still moving to set up the initial playcall. Teams also don't go through 10 seconds of movement just to call an audible going the right direction. If HB Toss is one of my master audibles, and I want it running to the right instead of the left, why should I have to wait for my team to line up and be set TWICE just to accomplish that? In real life, the audible would be called, the players would re-align, and then you just go.

Pig Bomb
07-09-2011, 09:59 AM
i think we should verify this with more than "one dude" that may have known what you meant or something

jwallace0317
07-09-2011, 10:03 AM
i think we should verify this with more than "one dude" that may have known what you meant or something

Agreed. Would take about 3 minutes for anyone with the retail version of the game to verify whether the issue still exists.

gschwendt
07-09-2011, 10:14 AM
"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Seriously though, I assume he's referring to me... I tested it early on, as you break the huddle, you cannot flip the formation. However, once you're to the line, you most certainly can. To me, it's a non-issue. Teams don't call audibles when players aren't even in position. You can still hot route while you're breaking the huddle.

I OU a Beatn
07-09-2011, 10:18 AM
I don't have a problem with it, either. I think it's fine the way it is.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
07-09-2011, 11:32 AM
i like it... will force some guys to use time outs as you would in real life if the wrong play is called late... adds more realism to the game...

"E"

hoosierhusky
07-09-2011, 11:46 AM
okay i'm new to the next gen gaming...how do i d/l the patch? is it in the psn store? and when i d/l how do i apply it to the game? thanks in advance

Pig Bomb
07-09-2011, 11:48 AM
"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Seriously though, I assume he's referring to me... I tested it early on, as you break the huddle, you cannot flip the formation. However, once you're to the line, you most certainly can. To me, it's a non-issue. Teams don't call audibles when players aren't even in position. You can still hot route while you're breaking the huddle.

lol... i didn't know it was "THE dude"

I OU a Beatn
07-09-2011, 11:48 AM
If you're connected to the internet, it'll automatically download and install when you boot up the game. You don't have to do a thing.

hoosierhusky
07-09-2011, 11:49 AM
If you're connected to the internet, it'll automatically download and install when you boot up the game. You don't have to do a thing.

thanks thats pretty awesome...glad i was finally able to upgrade

WolverineJay
07-09-2011, 11:55 AM
In the demo, I also noticed you can't stop a man you send in motion by calling an audible then cancelling it like you could on NCAA 11'. I would love to know if this is in the retail version because if I have to wait for my outside WR in say Ace Big to get all the way over to the other side and completely set before I can send him back that will be hella annoying to say the least.

jwallace0317
07-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Yeah, guys really I'm not trying to be dick on this. It's just that whenever you're on the hash, it's frequently necessary to flip your master audible plays right after you call them, so that they run in the correct direction. Easiest example: a passing play with a flood concept. If you're on the left hash, you generally want the flood going to the right. If your master audible has the flood going to the left, you have to call the play and immediately flip it to make it run in the correct direction.

Now, in '12, it's impossible for you to call that play and have it go to the right unless you have more than 15 seconds left when you break the huddle (you need more than 10 seconds from the time your players first start moving at the LOS). All I'm saying is that it shouldn't take more than 10 seconds for your players to re-set for a master audible play going the correct direction.

gschwendt
07-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Unless I miss what you're talking about, why not just flip it when you're calling the play in the playbook.

Jayrah
07-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Unless I miss what you're talking about, why not just flip it when you're calling the play in the playbook.

Beautiful. Now THATS a dude!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
07-09-2011, 12:40 PM
lol... i didn't know it was "THE dude"

...quite possibly the laziest in Los Ang-less County, which would place him high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide.

Jayrah
07-09-2011, 12:50 PM
My main issue this last season pertaining to the play calling in hurry up (and something that very well played into an intentional change to the system, if it was indeed intentional) is that when the ball is set no time runs off the clock until the offense is finished setting up, so you could in essence sit around and change a bunch of items unrealistically as long as you flipped the play to keep your players in motion. If it was intentional I think this is an exploit that is essentially "fixed" because of the implementation.

jwallace0317
07-09-2011, 12:54 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but an audible, by definition, is not something you can call at the playbook screen. You've already picked your initial play from the playbook and now you're at the LOS. Whenever you call a master audible, you absolutely must flip the play if you're on the opposite hash and want the play to run in the correct direction.

gschwendt
07-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but an audible, by definition, is not something you can call at the playbook screen. You've already picked your initial play from the playbook and now you're at the LOS. Whenever you call a master audible, you absolutely must flip the play if you're on the opposite hash and want the play to run in the correct direction.
Yes, but if you are on the hash and know that you want to run it to the opposite side, why not when you're calling the play initially, flip the play? For example, if I'm on the right hash and I know that I want to run I-Normal HB Toss to the left, I'll just flip the play in the playcall and come out of the huddle in exactly the look I want to be.

Jayrah
07-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Yes this is true. Maybe they should just add a way to flip the audible while selecting it then. Because of the issue I stated 2 posts up I like the way it is now implemented. If they "fix" it because it was a "bug", then that's fine too, but I rather like the fact that you have to wait. Especially in a no huddle situation if you want a particular play just pick it initially.

jwallace0317
07-09-2011, 01:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0hA6URPd-U

jwallace0317
07-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Yes, but if you are on the hash and know that you want to run it to the opposite side, why not when you're calling the play initially, flip the play? For example, if I'm on the right hash and I know that I want to run I-Normal HB Toss to the left, I'll just flip the play in the playcall and come out of the huddle in exactly the look I want to be.

That's the point, the audible is NOT the play I'm calling initially, that's why it's an audible. See example video, I'm on the right hash, and call a run to the left. After breaking the huddle, as my guys are lining up, I decide I want to call my R1 audible, which is a pass play with the back's route going to the right. For me to call my R1 audible and have the back going to the left, I MUST flip the play after calling it (this is not new, you've always had to do this whenever calling a master audible). The problem is that in '12 you have to wait for you guys to line up TWICE before you can run the play in the direction you want.

gschwendt
07-09-2011, 01:31 PM
That's the point, the audible is NOT the play I'm calling initially, that's why it's an audible. See example video, I'm on the right hash, and call a run to the left. After breaking the huddle, as my guys are lining up, I decide I want to call my R1 audible, which is a pass play with the back's route going to the right. For me to call my R1 audible and have the back going to the left, I MUST flip the play after calling it (this is not new, you've always had to do this whenever calling a master audible). The problem is that in '12 you have to wait for you guys to line up TWICE before you can run the play in the direction you want.
Ok... I get what you're saying now. You're not talking about calling a play, and then flip it as you come out of the huddle but rather calling a play, call an audible as you come out of the huddle, and THEN flip that audible.

We were talking about different things. I have not tested what you're referring to in the retail version of the game.

jwallace0317
07-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Ok... I get what you're saying now. You're not talking about calling a play, and then flip it as you come out of the huddle but rather calling a play, call an audible as you come out of the huddle, and THEN flip that audible.

We were talking about different things. I have not tested what you're referring to in the retail version of the game.

Yeah, I mean I've been feeling like a broken record because in at least 4 of my previous posts, I kept talking about master audibles and having to flip them, but the video I posted says it all.

Sorry to hijack this comments section, everyone!

Cipher 8
07-09-2011, 01:59 PM
"Fixed an issue where extremely long highlights would start to get choppy after the first five seconds of playback."

Thank god it was so annoying...

JeffHCross
07-09-2011, 02:10 PM

Yeah, I mean I've been feeling like a broken record because in at least 4 of my previous posts, I kept talking about master audibles and having to flip them, but the video I posted says it all.
I've just tested it. The behavior you showed in your video is still in the retail version. I too, didn't understand you were talking about flipping a play after an audible.

It's definitely a departure from previous versions, at the least.

I OU a Beatn
07-09-2011, 02:16 PM
It's still not a big deal. It takes an extra 5 seconds or so to get everyone set if you flip it after an audible. The only time that would become an issue is near the end of the half/game when you shouldn't be flipping the play anyway.

jwallace0317
07-09-2011, 02:20 PM
It's still not a big deal. It takes an extra 5 seconds or so to get everyone set if you flip it after an audible. The only time that would become an issue is near the end of the half/game when you shouldn't be flipping the play anyway.

Respectfully, if it's near the end of the game and time is running short, and I need to use one of my master audible plays (which I might HAVE to flip to make use of it) to keep a drive alive and win the game, then that's exactly when it IS a big deal. Especially when what happens is foolish looking (i.e., no offense calls an audible and then makes everyone line up the wrong way before then lining up the right way).

JeffHCross
07-09-2011, 02:25 PM
It's still not a big deal.It's not a fundamentally game breaking bug, but it is going to significantly impact the way some people call their offenses -- and I don't mean cheaters. It's going to affect legitimate players too. My offensive plan for NCAA 12 is now in question because it relies heavily on audibles.

Part of the reason it's an issue is that EA doesn't allow you to flip the audible when setting it anymore. There are some plays that I want to have in my audibles going the reverse direction of what they do in the playbook. But that's not possible, so I've had to rely on calling the audible and flipping the play. That now takes 10+ seconds.

I OU a Beatn
07-09-2011, 02:31 PM
I just don't see how it would be an issue. If the clock is running, you shouldn't be messing around with two or three different audibles/hot routes in the first place as time is being wasted. Obviously the only time this would be an issue is when the clock is running, meaning more than likely, you're going to be running a no huddle offense which gives you the play calling screen and the chance to flip the play.

The only time I could see it being an issue is if it's nearing the end of the half/game, you're running out of time, and for some inexplicable reason you're not running a no huddle offense. It just doesn't make sense to me how that particular situation would ever come up.

JeffHCross
07-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Agree to disagree.

I OU a Beatn
07-09-2011, 02:42 PM
I just don't understand when that would become an issue. I'm not trying to be a douche. Could you possibly give an example? Could be that my brain just isn't functioning today.

gschwendt
07-09-2011, 02:45 PM
I just don't understand when that would become an issue. I'm not trying to be a douche. Could you possibly give an example? Could be that my brain just isn't functioning today.
I think one example is if you don't call your play in the huddle right away, you sometimes are left with less playclock. So lets say you're in Ace - Slot and decide to audible to Ace - Y-Trips, you have to wait for the WR to get to the other side of the ball, THEN you can flip the play. By that time, you're in a rush just to even get the play off.

I can see the argument for it and agree I would like it changed.

I OU a Beatn
07-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Ahh, I could see it being an issue then. I was mainly thinking that it might be an issue nearing the end of the half or game, but it could become a problem if you're late in picking a play. I never even noticed it had changed as I rarely ever flip the play at the LOS.

JeffHCross
07-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Plus, let's say you're frequently doing that ... audibling and then flipping the play. Even if it doesn't cause you any heartache in the grand scheme of things, having to wait for that repeatedly is going to get old. Especially if you're the opponent and you're just waiting ... it'd be like playing against the old Chew Clock cheesers who would just run the clock down every play.

I OU a Beatn
07-09-2011, 03:05 PM
I think it would be better if the no huddle screen came up on a normal audible instead of having a few pre-selected plays you can choose from. That way you'd have access to your whole play book and you'd have the ability to flip sides all at once.

JeffHCross
07-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Yep. Would be nice.

Kansacity88
07-09-2011, 04:36 PM

Holy crap!

+8

Been beating that drum for almost 3 years now!

Kansacity88
07-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Editing powers in NCAA FOOTBALL.... finally. This is absolutely massive for me. Now I hope though that it includes, height, weight, position, depth chart as well. :up::up::up:

Same here! If this is what it means then I will be a happy camper until 13 comes out!!!

Jayrah
07-09-2011, 05:20 PM
It's not a fundamentally game breaking bug, but it is going to significantly impact the way some people call their offenses -- and I don't mean cheaters. It's going to affect legitimate players too. My offensive plan for NCAA 12 is now in question because it relies heavily on audibles.

Part of the reason it's an issue is that EA doesn't allow you to flip the audible when setting it anymore. There are some plays that I want to have in my audibles going the reverse direction of what they do in the playbook. But that's not possible, so I've had to rely on calling the audible and flipping the play. That now takes 10+ seconds.

I think this is a good thing. Again, if the ball was set and the clock started running before the offense was set (necessarily as in real life) then I would understand the complaint as a bug. But as it stands even against a play clock I think this is the right thing for a sim game. It will make users (well any users that are in this discussion lol) think about the audibles for situationals as opposed to favorite plays, especially in knowing plays that will work for both hash marks. Other than that, Qbs just don't audible on their way to the line.

JeffHCross
07-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Other than that, Qbs just don't audible on their way to the line. Agreed, though this hasn't changed. I can still readily call an audible as I'm coming to the line.

What has changed is that if I switch from Ace - Big HB Dive to I-Form-Normal HB Iso, I must wait until all my players are set before doing anything, including changing to another play or flipping the play. And I have seen Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and other high-caliber quarterbacks change audible in mid-switch.

Also, if the point is about making it more sim, then the game should prevent me from bringing up the audible screen. It doesn't do that, it even accepts the command and runs an audio file as appropriate ("calling" the audible). Just nothing happens, it takes no effect unless the players are set.

Pig Bomb
07-09-2011, 05:29 PM
And I have seen Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and other high-caliber quarterbacks change audible in mid-switch.

luckily this is a college game and there aren't any QB's of their caliber in the game

JeffHCross
07-09-2011, 05:48 PM
While I concede the point, I'd hazard to guess that someone with Andrew Luck or Andy Dalton's experience would be given the ability to change audibles. What the current bug does is allow you to make one change, at any time, and then force you to wait before making another. That is not "sim".

jwallace0317
07-09-2011, 06:43 PM
While I concede the point, I'd hazard to guess that someone with Andrew Luck or Andy Dalton's experience would be given the ability to change audibles. What the current bug does is allow you to make one change, at any time, and then force you to wait before making another. That is not "sim".

I'll be less diplomatic about it. The argument that this flip/audible "improvement" for '12 makes the game "more sim" is, frankly, ridiculous. Let's get to basic facts that everyone can agree on. In real life, when audibling to any play which entails a formation change....(I'm talking here about ONE simple audible decision, to do something for example like audibling from a run out of Ace Big to a pass out of Ace Bunch with the bunch aligned to the field side)....you will generally have the following sequence of events. This sequence is what generally happens in real life, with any dumb QB, at any level of football:

The real life sequence:
1. The team breaks the huddle with the initial Ace Big playcall (or if no-huddling, they get up off the ground and receive the initial playcall from the sideline), and they line up at the LOS in Ace Big.

2. The audible is called to a pass play out of Ace Bunch (with the bunch left).

3. The players hear the audible and re-align themselves according to the new playcall and formation. So, in our example, the players align in Ace Bunch, with the bunch to the left.

4. The ball is snapped.

Pretty simple, right?

Now, let's see how this can play out with this new "delayed flip" issue in '12:

The NCAA 12 sequence:
1. Same as above, your team breaks the huddle with a run called out of Ace Big, and your players line up at the LOS accordingly.

2. An audible is called, to a pass play out of Ace Bunch.

3. Your players "hear" the audible. However, because the Ace Bunch audible defaults with the bunch to the right, your players start lining up to the right, instead of the left. You, the coach, watch in amazement as your players line up on the complete WRONG side of the field, for no reason. Then, once they're finished lining up on the wrong side, you press R2 so that they can now start moving around again, this time to line up with the bunch on the correct left side, like you wanted in the first place.

4. Finally, you snap the ball.

How the hell is it more "sim" to have (3) be what happens in the video game? In real life, what coach signals an audible to his quarterback with the additional directive (for no reason, strategic or otherwise) that the team first line up incorrectly on the wrong side of the field, and THEN line up correctly on the right side of the field, for the new playcall? In 12 years that I coached football I never saw or heard of such nonsense.

In '11, and in previous versions of the game, the saving grace was that as soon as you called the master audible play, you could press R2 right away so that your players could proceed to line up on the correct side of the field for the audibled play. In other words, in '11, by being able to press R2 immediately after calling the master audible, the real life (1) through (4) sequence I first described is what would happen. Now, without that option, you have to wait watch players line up on the wrong side of field, for no reason. How is that "more sim?"

ram29jackson
07-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Plus, let's say you're frequently doing that ... audibling and then flipping the play. Even if it doesn't cause you any heartache in the grand scheme of things, having to wait for that repeatedly is going to get old. Especially if you're the opponent and you're just waiting ... it'd be like playing against the old Chew Clock cheesers who would just run the clock down every play.

Everyone try to say -Chew Clock Cheesers- 10 times fast :D

baseballplyrmvp
07-09-2011, 08:02 PM
good to see that a ratings editor will be available inside of dynasty mode....

any chance there could be some kind of notice that pops up whenever ratings are changed by the commish? i mean, whats to stop some commish from slightly boosting his players' ratings every week? if no one takes the time to check each week, a commish could boost his players ratings, and maybe even drop others people's players.

ram29jackson
07-09-2011, 08:08 PM
good to see that a ratings editor will be available inside of dynasty mode....

any chance there could be some kind of notice that pops up whenever ratings are changed by the commish? i mean, whats to stop some commish from slightly boosting his players' ratings every week? if no one takes the time to check each week, a commish could boost his players ratings, and maybe even drop others people's players.

naaww, that'll never happen........:fp::rolleyes:

we know it wont with the fine folks here at TGT :up:..........not sure about JB though :D

baseballplyrmvp
07-09-2011, 08:13 PM
naaww, that'll never happen........:fp::rolleyes:

we know it wont with the fine folks here at TGT :up:..........not sure about JB though :Dright and it wasnt directed at anyone here, but more as a safeguard for people who join random od's where you dont know anyone. people are always looking for some kind of advantage.

jsilv187
07-10-2011, 01:26 AM
I read earlier last week that after RTG is over, you will not be able to transition to Dynasty mode as a coach. I s that something that could be addressed in an update? I don't plan on playing Madden, so I won't import players. If that is the case, then I might not play RTG at all.
Or am I wrong about this?

souljahbill
07-10-2011, 06:53 AM
I read earlier last week that after RTG is over, you will not be able to transition to Dynasty mode as a coach. I s that something that could be addressed in an update? I don't plan on playing Madden, so I won't import players. If that is the case, then I might not play RTG at all.
Or am I wrong about this?
It's been confirmed that your RTG player can't turn into a coach in dynasty.

ram29jackson
07-10-2011, 05:16 PM
any Easter eggs hidden in game this year..like a really short player or a bizarre/unusual endzone dance ?

one year on old gen, something like a safety or 2 point conversion ...it may have depended on game situation or a particular team or field... triggered a little walk like an Egyptian dance a player would do.

xMrHitStickx904
07-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Just came into a situation where the "bug" somewhat hindered my last minute drive, but to me it wasn't that big of a deal, I adjust pretty well to the situation given. I don't think it's that much of a big deal, even though it should be fixed or returned back to how it was where you could flip the play freely.

souljahbill
07-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Is this out on PS3 yet?

ram29jackson
07-12-2011, 02:47 AM
sounds like xbox 360 guys are having big problems -just with offline,single player games already...

THE Travis
07-14-2011, 07:10 PM
General

- Included the ability to change the CPU controlled team’s playbook at team select.

So, I'm not seeing how to do this, and it is actually pretty important to me... did this really make it in the game? I changed the playbook of coaches, I changed the playbook at the CPU team select screen, etc and the default playbook is still being used.

Edit: Nevermind, it works but not with my custom playbook (which kind of defeats the point). Maybe next year decade.