PDA

View Full Version : Big NCAA announcement soon?

iBrandon
07-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Via Twitter -
RT @Bumble14_OS: Got confirmation of a HUGE addition for many headed to NCAA 12 via day 1 patch.Don't want to steal Ben's thunder. You'll find out soon :-)

jaymo76
07-05-2011, 06:23 PM
fingers crossed for either
1. dynamic conference prestige OR
2. 100% GLOBAL user editing abilities

souljahbill
07-05-2011, 06:36 PM
PLEASE let it be short dreads!
:easy:

fingers crossed for either
1. dynamic conference prestige OR
2. 100% GLOBAL user editing abilities

Both of those would be nice, especially #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deuce
07-05-2011, 06:41 PM
I bet it's number 2.

oweb26
07-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Someone explain number 2 to me what I am editing?

Deuce
07-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Basically being able to change ratings anytime during a dynasty for any player...I think.

If thats what it is its a big let down for me. But I can understand why some people want it.

xMrHitStickx904
07-05-2011, 06:52 PM
# 2 defeats the purpose of player progression IMO.

Deuce
07-05-2011, 06:56 PM

I agree...

Btw, anyone on TGT doing rosters?

ram29jackson
07-05-2011, 07:00 PM
I agree...

Btw, anyone on TGT doing rosters?

:sf:

ram29jackson
07-05-2011, 07:02 PM
what ever the announcement is , I doubt it will be something I find all that fascinating.

it would be nice if it was, but who knows?

SmoothPancakes
07-05-2011, 07:06 PM

That would be incorrect. Steelerfan said at some point in the past week or two that he is not doing rosters again this year. Unless he stated otherwise at some point since making that initial post and I missed, I believe that would mean he still stands by his initial post and is not doing the rosters this year, instead leaving them up to the usual roster people.

Deuce
07-05-2011, 07:07 PM
That would be incorrect. Steelerfan said at some point in the past week or two that he is not doing rosters again this year. Unless he stated otherwise at some point since making that initial post and I missed, I believe that would mean he still stands by his initial post and is not doing the rosters this year, instead leaving them up to the usual roster people.

Since his name is now in the credits I figured he would be out. I don't know if thats the reason but it would not surprise me.

SmoothPancakes
07-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Since his name is now in the credits I figured he would be out. I don't know if thats the reason but it would not surprise me.

I don't think that was the reason. I have absolutely no clue where that post would even be anymore, since it was sometime last week (I think) and there have been thousands of posts and dozens of threads since then. But I want to think it was just that after doing it last year, he didn't want to go through the hassle and time consuming process of doing it all again this year, and would rather just enjoy his time with the game.

morsdraconis
07-05-2011, 07:14 PM
The only reason why global editing would be nice is to be able to fix coach prestige ratings after a few seasons and they get out of hand, causing a far too large amount of coaches to be A+.

ram29jackson
07-05-2011, 07:14 PM

:P no, it means I think the drunk banana is doing the rosters

Deuce
07-05-2011, 07:19 PM
I don't think that was the reason. I have absolutely no clue where that post would even be anymore, since it was sometime last week (I think) and there have been thousands of posts and dozens of threads since then. But I want to think it was just that after doing it last year, he didn't want to go through the hassle and time consuming process of doing it all again this year, and would rather just enjoy his time with the game.

I don't blame him at all...the thought of typing all that shit in makes me want to poke me eyes out. ;)

Boucher
07-05-2011, 07:25 PM
its def global roster editor

jaymo76
07-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Basically being able to change ratings anytime during a dynasty for any player...I think.

If thats what it is its a big let down for me. But I can understand why some people want it.

No that is global ratings editing. I am talking about 100% editing... size, weight, position, depth chart, etc. Ratings would be included in that if you so wished. Basically what Madden 12 is doing this year and what 2k has allowed since the beginning. And this is a huge feature for when we as the user find progression off which historically in this game has been an issue. For example... look at being able ti "fix" all the kickers in NCAA 11. That would have been massive.

illwill10
07-05-2011, 07:28 PM
I would love a Global Roster Editor. I would rather have that than to individual edit. I want to have the highest overall to be 93(which will be A.Luck).
But I really just care about editing Height & Weight for players. and maybe names for all recruits. I would like to have actual players going to schools without creating a prospect

oweb26
07-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Would this also apply to OD as week? If so I can see the problems that would create.

SmoothPancakes
07-05-2011, 07:52 PM
I don't blame him at all...the thought of typing all that shit in makes me want to poke me eyes out. ;)

My thoughts exactly. To spend days, even as much as a week or more, editing all those names, with dozens of people every single day saying "how long? how much long? wtf is taking so long? hurry your ass up and stop taking so long" :P, would be enough for me to never even bother attempting it. You could give me the full retail game at the beginning of June, giving me a full month and a half to do all the rosters, I would still say "to hell with you" to anyone asking me to do the rosters. :D

its def global roster editor

Source? Or are you just saying that as your opinion/thought? Global roster editor would certainly meet the "huge" announcement ranking, but I haven't seen anyone or anyplace saying it is definitely, 100%, absolutely global roster editor?

illwill10
07-05-2011, 08:11 PM
"Bumble14_OS Christian McLeod
For everyone asking about the NCAA patch addition you get one hint. It's gameplay related and will be huge for many. That's all you get."

SmoothPancakes
07-05-2011, 08:25 PM
And I think that rules out global roster editor.

HawkFan
07-05-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm with smooth on that, I believe the rosters editor is out. Trying to think what game-play wise it could be.

hornfan36
07-05-2011, 08:31 PM
I think it is either No-Huddle fixes or shotgun-running fixes for the Computer

Deuce
07-05-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm at a loss...CPU spread running is my only guess. Wonder when we'll get the blog?

Boucher
07-05-2011, 08:43 PM
if its computer being able to run and cpu qb scrambling more ohhhhhh mann

Rudy
07-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Maybe the cpu spread offence. My initial thought was adding separate sliders for man vs. zone coverage. That may be wishful thinking as a slider guy but I think it would really help offline guys finetune the game the way they like.

Pig Bomb
07-05-2011, 08:45 PM
a HUGE addition.... maybe camera angle options!!! plz plz plz!!

georgiafan
07-05-2011, 08:56 PM
I was like yall thinking roster editing but with the latest tweet im thinking thats not it

rhombic21
07-05-2011, 09:03 PM
With it being so late in the dev cycle, I'm having a hard time thinking that it will be anything too revolutionary/groundbreaking. I fully expect that whatever this is, it will end up being something that probably isn't anywhere near as big of a deal as some have hyped it to be.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I'm not expecting much.

jaymo76
07-05-2011, 09:21 PM
And I think that rules out global roster editor.

Probably which is a real shame as the Madden crew stated it took less than 10 MINUTES to add this into the game (for Madden 12).

mrh61988
07-05-2011, 09:26 PM
With it being so late in the dev cycle, I'm having a hard time thinking that it will be anything too revolutionary/groundbreaking. I fully expect that whatever this is, it will end up being something that probably isn't anywhere near as big of a deal as some have hyped it to be.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I'm not expecting much.

My thoughts exactly.

Treadstone6700
07-06-2011, 01:54 AM
Playable broadcast cam right?

iBrandon
07-06-2011, 09:17 AM
It seem as if it's Global Editing.

Bumble at OS was talking about Global Editing on Twitter before he made his Tweet about the big announcement and then you have this at OS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib

I don't know if you've had the chance to visit/read about some of the fixes we've found editing player ratings up or down.

We have actual fixes/improvements for many of the Gameplay issues that many gamers are complaining about.

Even video's are provided as proof in some threads to show that these are not fly-by thoughts being thrown around.

I guess when Ben stated that the reason we couldn't/they would provide a Recruit/Player Editor to improve the game was because of how some "Online Cheaters" would use/abuse it, that just felt like a "Shank" in the back to alot of gamers that spent hours/days to find such fixes to cover the Dev's back by improving the game.

If you get a chance, visit one of the threads by Playmaker or GotMadSkillz and see what we've found and are discussing.

Maybe having a writer like yourself do a write-up about what we've found might capture the Dev's attention and help the cause.

If they would simply give us the Editing ability, we would take this game to the next level.

Bumble's reply

Spoke with Ben a few weeks back and he let me know they are looking into providing a patch for NCAA12 that will allow for complete player rating editing in dynasty. Not a guarantee that we will see it, but it sounded very,very promising.

Contrary to popular belief the devs ARE listening. In fact, Ben was the one who brought the topic of a ratings editor up to me at E3 before I could even mention it. They are pretty passionate about the games they make, just like we are.

SpreadOption
07-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Patch in a team color/white cleats option!!!!!
And different dread lengths!!

I'm serious.

But full editor would be nice, actually so would new cameras, or at least a 2k style adjuster

oweb26
07-06-2011, 09:49 AM
What is so special about full player editing? I mean besides a single player dynasty what's so good about it?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

hawkeyeguy
07-06-2011, 10:44 AM
What is so special about full player editing? I mean besides a single player dynasty what's so good about it?

I know that looking at Iowa's roster, EA hosed up at least 10 players (possibly more) it'd be nice to delete them and put in players actually on the team. (Example, Adam Robinson, Jewel Hampton and a few others that have been gone for awhile YET still make it on the default rosters)

umhester04
07-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Someone on OS had the idea it may be they patched in Home Field Advantage since one of the threads over there for that got absolutely blown up the minute it got posted. This would be awesome.

SmoothPancakes
07-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Someone on OS had the idea it may be they patched in Home Field Advantage since one of the threads over there for that got absolutely blown up the minute it got posted. This would be awesome.

Yeah, see, that hint that says it's gameplay related, while one could make a connection between Global Roster Editor and gameplay related, when I think gameplay related, I'm thinking something that is actually added and will effect things in the actual on field game. Which HFA I can see being a possibility.

oweb26
07-06-2011, 03:48 PM
LOL is HFA not already in the game? I could have sworn that's what the ziggly lines were supposed to be.

Honestly I am amazed at the guesses though, when do they announce what it is?

Solidice
07-06-2011, 03:51 PM
LOL is HFA not already in the game? I could have sworn that's what the ziggly lines were supposed to be.

Honestly I am amazed at the guesses though, when do they announce what it is?

the HFA mechanic was added in NCAA '09 I believe. It doesn't have the camera shake like last-gen though, which I guess is what people are wanting back.

SmoothPancakes
07-06-2011, 04:00 PM
the HFA mechanic was added in NCAA '09 I believe. It doesn't have the camera shake like last-gen though, which I guess is what people are wanting back.

Yeah, they're up in arms about the camera shaking.

souljahbill
07-06-2011, 04:58 PM
I used to like the camera shake. The buzzing controller and squiggly lines don't effect me any.

ram29jackson
07-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Camera shake was dumb and overdone, just annoying

Pig Bomb
07-06-2011, 05:32 PM
i know one thing though...the crowd needs to be much louder and more reactive!

oweb26
07-06-2011, 05:33 PM
I didn't mind it at all unlike the matchup thingy on last Gen. Actually I kinda liked it, it added a little more challange to away games when playing true freshman and to be honest all you had to do was complete like 5 straight passes and it was gone.

Wasn't the camara shake on 09 on this gen also? I have been playing so long my games and features are getting confused.

jaymo76
07-06-2011, 05:53 PM
I love the camera shake HFA ala 06. However, adding this back but not adding back MATCHUP STICK would sell the feature short. HFA as done in past versions required the Matchup stick to take advantage of the home field. If you don't know who is rattled etc on both sides of the ball then HFA is only a half done feature IMO.

oweb26
07-06-2011, 05:56 PM
I love the camera shake HFA ala 06. However, adding this back but not adding back MATCHUP STICK would sell the feature short. HFA as done in past versions required the Matchup stick to take advantage of the home field. If you don't know who is rattled etc on both sides of the ball then HFA is only a half done feature IMO.

I had no problem with the matchup stick itself, it was just crazy implemented. Pretty much anyone was "rattled" or over matched was literally over matched and there wasn't too much to do about it yeah you can user control them at the last minute but if you are already whooped you were toast, it even had stud players coming in "rattled" or whatever term you want to call the little box over there heads. Now if they can bring it down a peg then I am all for it.

souljahbill
07-06-2011, 08:03 PM
I hope it's "we got rid of all the D-linemen getting manhandled and put on their backs." I gave up a TD playing the demo and when they showed the replay, 5 people (3 D-linemen, 2 linebackers) were on their backs. The RB was literally untouched.

SmoothPancakes
07-06-2011, 08:49 PM
I hope it's "we got rid of all the D-linemen getting manhandled and put on their backs." I gave up a TD playing the demo and when they showed the replay, 5 people (3 D-linemen, 2 linebackers) were on their backs. The RB was literally untouched.

Yeah. People were bitching and moaning about the bull rush and how the defense was going to be doing it every other play. I think EA got it switched around and now it's the defense getting put on their asses every other play. :fp:

ThatSnickelfritz
07-07-2011, 05:26 AM
I hope that it is the ability to have customized rosters in RTG mode. That way I could have my high school team on the field again for one more season.

IRaineZz
07-07-2011, 07:32 AM

for the life of me playing ncaa football, 1 star teams never got any 4 or 5 star qbs that could turn around a program, why not give it a little help once in a decade?

oweb26
07-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Soooo what was the announcement? Better yet when are they going to say?

mrh61988
07-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Soooo what was the announcement? Better yet when are they going to say?
I'm not expecting them to say anything until Monday.

gschwendt
07-07-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm not expecting them to say anything until Monday.
I think that's probably the right expectation, at earliest. We don't know when they'll be saying anything and honestly aren't certain what exactly it is ourselves.

Treadstone6700
07-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Any hints that we can get from the admins on what it could possibly be?

gschwendt
07-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Any hints that we can get from the admins on what it could possibly be?
No. Like I said, we're not even 100% certain what it is. But even if we were certain, we're not going to give any hints. Period.

umhester04
07-07-2011, 03:58 PM
For what it's worth, the buzz over at OS is that its player editing. I guess one of the moderators or whatever that ryan guy is basically "told everyone without telling everyone" that it is player editing. Unless of course he is just jerkin their noodles, which is entirely possible also.

SmoothPancakes
07-07-2011, 04:07 PM
For what it's worth, the buzz over at OS is that its player editing. I guess one of the moderators or whatever that ryan guy is basically "told everyone without telling everyone" that it is player editing. Unless of course he is just jerkin their noodles, which is entirely possible also.

I honestly would not be surprised at that. God knows JB and the other love to do stuff like that here :D Personally, until EA themselves specifically says what it is, none of us have any clue what the hell it is. OS can buzz all they want about this or that, but those people sitting there doing the buzzing have no clue what it actually is, just what they hope it is.

ThatSnickelfritz
07-07-2011, 06:05 PM
So player editing as you guys are referring to it would be...being able to change anything such as height and weight and hometown/homestate and skills in dynasty? Is that what this means?

ram29jackson
07-07-2011, 06:56 PM
yaaaawwwwnn

OptionMasta
07-07-2011, 07:38 PM
yaaaawwwwnn

This. Wake me (and ram) when they get realistic blocking schemes that work or something else that's worthwhile.

ram29jackson
07-07-2011, 08:20 PM
This. Wake me (and ram) when they get realistic blocking schemes that work or something else that's worthwhile.

while I agree with that. I just yawned because...its just time for the game now is all

OptionMasta
07-07-2011, 08:53 PM
My apologies. I didn't mean to speak for you. It's definitely time for the game, though.

ram29jackson
07-07-2011, 09:16 PM
My apologies. I didn't mean to speak for you. It's definitely time for the game, though.

:) I said I agreed haha