PDA

View Full Version : Powerhouse 2012

Oneback
07-05-2011, 07:09 AM
I wanted to start a new thread to make things a little cleaner, however after going through all the teams I believe I have come up with a plan for NCAA 12.

First off, I know the big new thing this year will be OD's where everyone starts off as a coordinator and works their way up and while that sounds appealing here at Powerhouse we've had a problem finishing things out when we get away from the norm (Teambuilder dynasty comes to mind). So everyone will be starting as a head coach.

With that being said my first thought was to stay with powerhouse teams, however there just aren't enough top teir teams to where everyone can start out on an equal footing. This year what I've decided to do (which is still up for a vote from all the members) is to start off with non-BCS teams (mainly because this was the only group of teams that were fairly equal):

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5104/powerhouse.png

The one thing that I've taken away from playing the CPU so many times since Thursday is it is possible to lose, especially when you are the inferior team.

Coaching carousel will be on, if you so choose and at the end of the year you are offered a job you can accept it and move to another school. In playing around with this you may be at your school for a little while before moving up (at least to a school you would want to make a move to).

I understand that a lot of people become tied to their teams and don't want to take new jobs, with the ability to do conference changes at the end of every season we can now put together goals that must be met in order to move up to a BCS conference.

Right now my thought is at least two BCS bowl invites with one win and or multiple years finishing in the top 10 (still working out the details), this seems to be inline with Utah and TCU's rise to a BCS conference.

So to recap, the plan is to start off with non-BCS teams and use a combination of coaching carosel and team goals to move up through the ranks.

Let me know your thoughts on this plan.

Also, another thing I am looking into is creating a wiki page for the OD, as well as one for all the coaches so if anyone knows of any good hosted wiki sites out there let me know.

Oneback
07-05-2011, 07:11 AM
I almost forgot....

Team selection will be done via draft...I'll use a random number generator (I can even stream it live and have a draft selection show) to determine draft order.

gschwendt
07-05-2011, 08:11 AM
Any consideration to allowing bcs teams moved down to non bcs conference such as the vanderbilts and baylors of the world? Just curious since obviously the first 3-4 teams have a distinct advantage.

Also wikia is a good free wiki site.

psuexv
07-05-2011, 08:28 AM
I'd be on board with this.

Oneback
07-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Any consideration to allowing bcs teams moved down to non bcs conference such as the vanderbilts and baylors of the world? Just curious since obviously the first 3-4 teams have a distinct advantage.

Also wikia is a good free wiki site.

I am on board with moving BCS teams down, I was wanting all the teams to be C+ and 2-star prestige...I'll have to go back through and see what teams would fit. I'll look into that tonight once I get home tonight.

fsuprime
07-05-2011, 05:50 PM
this sounds awesome, can i provide the youtube music videos for the live lottery selection show? i am thinking deion's must be the money should be the opener.

Oneback
07-06-2011, 11:01 AM
I guess everyone is on board with this plan?

gschwendt
07-06-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm on board.

ryby6969
07-06-2011, 11:39 AM
All for it.

Papa LoneStar
07-06-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm down....interested in the next 10 behind those 12

Escobar
07-06-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm good with it

Oneback
07-06-2011, 07:15 PM
We've got 7...waiting on the other 5.

Kingpin32
07-06-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm in. But one question. Is the online pass tied to the console or to the PSN account?

gschwendt
07-06-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm in. But one question. Is the online pass tied to the console or to the PSN account?
Both. Whichever console you first register it on, any user on that console can use the Online Pass. However, any other consoles, you have to be signed in.

Kingpin32
07-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Both. Whichever console you first register it on, any user on that console can use the Online Pass. However, any other consoles, you have to be signed in.

Ok then I'm definitely in then. I had to make sure cause I didn't want to start my online pass on my cousin's PS3 and then go home and can't play online. I just have to make sure I sign in on my account before I use it.

Iron Dragon
07-07-2011, 09:13 AM
That's fine with me.

gschwendt
07-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Here's all the B- & C+ teams with 2* prestige or worse.

Rnk | TEAM | OVR | OFF | DEF | SPT | PRES
37 | Northern Illinois | C+ | C+ | C | C+ | 2
39 | Hawai’i | C+ | C+ | C+ | C | 2
65 | San Diego State | B- | B | C+ | B- | 2
71 | Miami Univ. | B- | C+ | C+ | C- | 2
72 | Troy | B- | B- | C+ | B | 2
73 | Ohio | C+ | C | C+ | C+ | 2
76 | Kansas | B- | B- | C+ | C+ | 2
77 | Iowa State | B- | C+ | B- | C | 2
79 | Minnesota | B- | B- | B- | D | 2
83 | Indiana | B- | B | C+ | B- | 2
84 | Wake Forest | C+ | C+ | C+ | C | 2
85 | Vanderbilt | B- | B- | C+ | C+ | 2
87 | Colorado State | C+ | C+ | C+ | C+ | 2
89 | Colorado | B- | B | C+ | C+ | 2
90 | Marshall | C+ | C | C+ | C | 2
91 | Western Michigan | C+ | C+ | C+ | C | 1
92 | Duke | B- | B+ | C+ | B- | 2
93 | Washington State | C+ | C+ | C | D | 1
97 | Toledo | C+ | B- | C+ | C | 2
98 | Louisiana Tech | C+ | C+ | C+ | C- | 2

I personally would prefer to dump SDSU just so that no one has California (nor Texas & Florida) as a home. Ohio is still a possibility but at least there are three available teams from that state.

psusnoop
07-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Sorry I missed this, I'm in of course as well and done for the layout as well.

psusnoop
07-07-2011, 01:47 PM
I personally would prefer to dump SDSU just so that no one has California (nor Texas & Florida) as a home. Ohio is still a possibility but at least there are three available teams from that state.

I agree with this as well giving someone Cali right from the start with no one to go head to head against wouldn't be good at all.

fsuprime
07-07-2011, 01:48 PM
thanks for making that list G, looks like a decent group of teams for everyone to pick from (i am a little dubious of someone using duke with a B+ offense) but I am not sure how the game plays right now. I also like the idea of dropping SDSU for recruiting purposes but wont mind either way.

Oneback
07-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Sorry I haven't gotten back to this. My original intent was to keep users out of the top recruiting states and to put you somewhere in the middle of the conference you are joining.

Thanks g for getting the list together, I'll go through and remove the teams I think need to be.

Escobar
07-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Is Tulsa still going to be available? ;)

Oneback
07-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Tulsa will be.

Kingpin32
07-07-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm thinking about rolling with Colorado State, and controlling my friends in their senior year.

Papa LoneStar
07-07-2011, 10:52 PM
*cough*draft*cough*

ryby6969
07-08-2011, 06:54 AM
You get Idaho Papa. Have fun landing 5*'s with them! :P

Oneback
07-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Right now we have everyone onboard but RCSinger and Jeff...still waiting for them to respond. As soon as we have 12 people we will start the draft process (draft will be held the 16th or 17th), then we will probably give everyone a week to play around with their team online to get a feel for them, then possible kick things off on the 23rd or 24.

Papa LoneStar
07-08-2011, 08:13 AM
You get Idaho Papa. Have fun landing 5*'s with them! :P

lol....do they have California as a pipeline?

fsuprime
07-08-2011, 08:19 AM
so are all of the teams in your original post added to the teams in Gs post for the team pool? I would think most ppl would pick the B overall teams in good recruiting states like tulsa?

Iron Dragon
07-08-2011, 08:36 AM
So we used my roster updates last year, but I'm not doing rosters this year (well, not releasing them for download - I'll make my tweaks to work if needed), but I could do research into the schools we're doing to make sure the rosters are rated appropriately for our teams. Just throwing that out there..

fsuprime
07-08-2011, 08:40 AM
that would be cool ID, just take a general named roster from buckeye02 or luvtwotha9s or whatever and take a look at it...since I wont be using FSU for at least the first four year of the OD i dont mind the egregious errors to the the roster that much for which ever other team I choose ;)

gschwendt
07-08-2011, 08:45 AM
So we used my roster updates last year, but I'm not doing rosters this year (well, not releasing them for download - I'll make my tweaks to work if needed), but I could do research into the schools we're doing to make sure the rosters are rated appropriately for our teams. Just throwing that out there..
My personal opinion is if we're not touching the rest of the teams, I don't know that I'd want us to touch our teams. Obviously corrections like "this guy should actually be that guy" and stuff like that but nothing like "this guy actually should be faster" or "I'm changing this WR to a CB to better fit their roster". That sort of stuff obviously a place and I don't mind it in general, but since we're drafting fairly early, I'd hate to see us draft teams and then something about the team change from what we expected to be drafted.

Just my two pennies.

fsuprime
07-08-2011, 09:10 AM
yea i totally agree with that as well just accurate changes like G mentioned would be cool.

Oneback
07-08-2011, 10:27 AM
My thought was to just use named rosters as-is. All of these rosters will need help however I know a lot of us will be looking to move up through the ranks and may not stay with our original team so starting rosters have less of an impact.

My plan this weekend is to go through all the schools listed (although my time this weekend is going to be extremely limited) and remove any schools that have recruiting ties to the power states.

The draft process will go as follows (once we are ready to move forward):

Each member will give me a number between 1-12 (I will more than likely text each of you for this number so I only get one at a time, no duplicates). I will then use a random number generator (random.org) to determine the draft order by setting the range between 1-12, it will then give me a random number between 1-12 and the person with the corresponding number will draft in that position.

Example:

I choose the number 3, g chooses 5, and papa chooses 7...the first run gives me 5, second 3 and thrid 7.

g would have the first pick, I would have the second and papa the third.

I can televise the results on justin.tv so everyone can follow along.

Once we have the draft order I will give everyone a few days to look over each team and get an idea for who they would like to pick. We'll have the draft then a week later start the OD as long as we have rosters and there are no adverse effects of a day one patch/tuning that effects gameplay/dynasty.

gschwendt
07-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Since I have the first pick, I'll take Nevada.

Oneback is now on the clock.

Iron Dragon
07-08-2011, 11:26 AM
I'll trade my next year's first, 2013 first and 2014 first to move up to #1. Deal?

psuexv
07-08-2011, 11:38 AM
OB - why not just randomly generate the numbers for each person too. When you get to the last couple of people having to pick a number I foresee a lot of, that number is taken, that number is taken, ok that one is available. Plus this way you also don't have say Papa picking 5 since you texted him 1st and say 5 is my favorite number and I wanted it but didn't get it and then it's the 1st pick of the draft.

I think it would eliminate a lot of hassle and variability

psuexv
07-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EefRqSO_kRY

gschwendt
07-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Something like this

You really just recorded that :D

Just go to Random.org (http://www.random.org/lists/) and generate them that way.

psuexv
07-08-2011, 11:52 AM
You really just recorded that :D

Just go to Random.org (http://www.random.org/lists/) and generate them that way.

Yeah but I can't assign it to a team that way. With what I posted that would be the draft order.

Plus I may have a little bit of a biased to what I used ;)

Papa LoneStar
07-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Since I have the first pick, I'll take Nevada.

Oneback is now on the clock.

3....2...1...*buzzer* Team Papa's representatives rushes to the podium....

"with the 2nd pick postponed....with the 3rd pick of the NCAA 12 OD Draft....Papa LoneStar selects the Buffaloes of the University of Colorado

JeffHCross
07-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Right now we have everyone onboard but RCSinger and Jeff...still waiting for them to respond.I'm out. I'm too undecided right now to commit, and I certainly don't want to hold you guys up.

Oneback
07-08-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm out. I'm too undecided right now to commit, and I certainly don't want to hold you guys up.

When do you think you may know by Jeff? I'm sure at this point we can wait a week as I haven't seen reports of rosters being made.

Escobar
07-08-2011, 01:08 PM
so are all of the teams in your original post added to the teams in Gs post for the team pool? I would think most ppl would pick the B overall teams in good recruiting states like tulsa?

That's not why I wanted them tho. I use their playbook so it would be an easier transition to install my offense. + Shavodrick Beaver

fsuprime
07-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I got you man, just can't have teams in fl,Texas, or Cali, and they are a B team so if we are doing B- or below they are probably out, but i am still waiting on a finalized list from oneback, so who knows...i def dont have last or 2nd to last or any word other than 1 vote :)

psusnoop
07-08-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm looking forward to this draft, I can only imagine how this is going to turn out. :D:D By the way OB, I misplaced your paypal addy, could you resend that information..;)

Oneback
07-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Sure, I'll PM it to you...however it will have no bearing on the draft outcome unless you can blow me away!

Papa LoneStar
07-08-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm looking forward to this draft, I can only imagine how this is going to turn out. :D:D By the way OB, I misplaced your paypal addy, could you resend that information..;)

Sure, I'll PM it to you...however it will have no bearing on the draft outcome unless you can blow me away!

lmao....I'll come to your house in the morning and wash all cars on the property for the 1st pick

JeffHCross
07-08-2011, 06:58 PM
OB - why not just randomly generate the numbers for each person too.It took me a re-read of Eric's post, but I agree with him.

Write everyone down (probably easiest in Excel), 1-12. Then use Random.org to generate a random sequence for 1-12. Then sort based on that number drawn. Then do another Random.org sequence, and those numbers determine the draft order.

fsuprime
07-09-2011, 09:39 AM
yea I agree with psuevx/jeff, but only if jeff agrees to play.

psuexv
07-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Yeah Jeff, but if you use something like Excel or a stat software you dont even need the 2nd step. Type everyones name in and the number it randomly generates is their draft position.

JeffHCross
07-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Yeah Jeff, but if you use something like Excel or a stat software you dont even need the 2nd step. Type everyones name in and the number it randomly generates is their draft position.You don't need the second step with Random.org either. I was just doing two randoms so that there's no bias in who gets the first random number, the second, etc.

RcSinger
07-11-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm good with the plan also

RcSinger
07-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Don't know why I have missed this thread. Been checking the board once a day at least.

RcSinger
07-12-2011, 08:52 PM
I just played my first game of 2012 and I have never had a first game suck so bad on a release. My blockers absolutely refused to block for the running game and I was picked 4 times. I was Alabama of course and was playing ole miss at Bryant Denny. Score was 21-0 ole miss when I just turned the console off.

HairyDawg
07-14-2011, 04:10 AM
If powerhouse has an opening, I'd like to join.

gschwendt
07-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Iowa State comes back to knock off Kansas 10-7 off of a pass with no time remaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALHwVCPIco4

psuexv
07-15-2011, 08:04 AM
Those unis are awesome!!!!