PDA

View Full Version : Online Dynasty Interest (360)

Flav
06-09-2010, 07:24 PM
So it is about that time, time to get ideas for an online dynasty going. I don't have all the information for it yet but I was just wondering who would be interested in joining one once '11 drops for the 360.

What conference would you guys want to play in the most?

I personally would want a Big Ten one but whatever the majority wants!

Interest List (12) - See next post for team selection:
BigBlue
morsdraconis
lilheavy
SmoothPancakes
Anton32
cdj
DookieMowf
AustinWolv
JBHuskers
Solidice
xRomo9
Jayrah

XxDaMole00xX
DrManateePhD

If more people are interested in an OD, still sign up and we will start forming a second group.

morsdraconis
06-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Official The Gaming Tailgate Dynasty Information

Teams Selected

Big East
West Virginia - MorsDraconis
South Florida - Jayrah
Open Spot (Teams available: Rutgers, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Cincinnati, and Louisville)
Big Ten
Michigan - BigBlue
Indiana - AustinWolv
Penn State - Anton
ACC
Miami - JBHuskers
Virginia Tech - CDJ
Maryland - Solidice
SEC
Florida - Dookie
Alabama - Romo
LSU - lilheavy

lilheavy
06-09-2010, 10:18 PM
I would definately be down to play in a OD with some of the guys on this site. I'm down with any type of setup. A good group of guys and a commish who keep things flowing equals good times, winning or losing.

SmoothPancakes
06-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Looks like we're still trying to get a 360 contingent built up here. ;)

But count me in for any OD we may get going. I have never really done anything with ODs in the past games, and unfortunately, I think that is what has lead to me eventually shelving the game as time goes on as doing nothing but playing the CPU over and over and over gets rather boring.

Whichever way it goes is cool with me, a Big 10 type, 3-stars of less, etc. I'm game for anything. Hopefully we can get more people interested in this and get one going.

morsdraconis
06-15-2010, 07:19 PM
This is the one I hope to get started:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?174-(360)-The-Rising-Stars-(3-prestige-and-lower-NCAA-10-11-league (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?174-%28360%29-The-Rising-Stars-%283-prestige-and-lower-NCAA-10-11-league))

Love to get people interested in it for '11. I find building teams up WAY more fun than starting with the big boys.

I'm definitely doing the above here on the website so if you are interested, please post in the thread above that you are interested and I'll be updating the schools available once the game hits the stores (I'll probably have it earlier than that) and once everyone has it, we'll decide on what conferences to play with and then we'll do a draft with random draft order to get the teams selected and get going with it.

Anton32
06-22-2010, 02:11 PM
I want in and I want Pennstate and be in the Big Ten conference!!!

cdj
06-22-2010, 02:13 PM
I picked up the 360 version via the Dell offer, so count me in.

My only thoughts on conferences would be if we want each game to be human vs. human or how many a year. Personally, I like putting 2-4 humans in various conferences to make sure a user has a challenge for the conference title, but they don't have to go through the hassle of scheduling user games each week. I'll default it to BigBlue and mors if you two want to spearhead the 360 league.

morsdraconis
06-22-2010, 02:37 PM
I picked up the 360 version via the Dell offer, so count me in.

My only thoughts on conferences would be if we want each game to be human vs. human or how many a year. Personally, I like putting 2-4 humans in various conferences to make sure a user has a challenge for the conference title, but they don't have to go through the hassle of scheduling user games each week. I'll default it to BigBlue and mors if you two want to spearhead the 360 league.

Awesome!

Glad to see you on the 360 this year Chris.

I'd be all for doing a multiple conference dynasty. Do something like the Pac 10, Big East, and Big 10 (all conferences without a conference championship game) conferences to give people something different. That way we could have 4 users in each conference. We could even move some teams around if we like.

I definitely think I'm going to abandon the Rising Stars league idea I had. I'm already basically doing that in two other leagues on TraditionFootball so I think I'd like to play with one of the big guys this year.

Flav
06-22-2010, 02:41 PM
I just want to be Michigan :( :p

iBrandon
06-22-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm interested... which way are you guys leaning towards doing this?

AustinWolv
06-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Slightly interested.

a user has a challenge for the conference title, but they don't have to go through the hassle of scheduling user games each week.
This +1.

Pace also is a big thing for me, as I had to drop out of a really good OD after 2 years because I just couldn't commit to advancing every single night anymore.

It would be painful to not have Michigan either, but I can manage as long as the owner doesn't screw them up. ;)

Flav
06-22-2010, 04:17 PM
I made a Big Ten one so if you are interested check out http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?343-360-Big-Ten-Nation&p=5987

I'm sure there will be more 360 ones but if you're interested in this one don't hesitate to sign up!

iBrandon
06-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Ah, I would but less human games the better. I feel like part of the beauty of online dynasty is not having to play so many human games. Makes for a faster pace and less scheduling problems. Plus, I would only want Ohio State or Penn State State out of the Big 10. LOL

I'll have to withdraw my Name from this one.

Flav
06-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Ah, I would but less human games the better. I feel like part of the beauty of online dynasty is not having to play so many human games. Makes for a faster pace and less scheduling problems. Plus, I would only want Ohio State or Penn State State out of the Big 10. LOL

I'll have to withdraw my Name from this one.

This isn't a big ten sign up thread, this is just an interest in joining a OD. Just a heads up :p

iBrandon
06-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Oops. I read it wrong. Sorry.

I'm still interested in a OD.

morsdraconis
06-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Not to step on Bigblue's toes, but I've decided instead of doing a 3 star or below team dynasty (since I'm in two different ones on TraditionFootball) that a normal dynasty with 3 or 4 conferences would be a better way to go so let's talk format if you're interested.

My thoughts are this:

The name will be the Official Gaming Tailgate Dynasty
4 conferences, 3 teams each (or split up as evenly as possible if we don't have 12 players) (or maybe 4 teams in SEC and ACC and only 2 in Big Ten and Big East so that the schedules aren't as bad to matchup)
No less than 3 user vs user games a season (if, because of conference scheduling you don't play the other users in your league, we'll figure something out).
Conferences I was thinking about: Big East, SEC, Big Ten, and ACC so that we'd have LOTS of great competition for recruits since all those teams basically recruit in the same general areas.
Would think about moving teams around, but would like to keep teams in their respective conferences

Thoughts? Interest?

Figured I'd keep it here before I started up a new thread so that we can get everything sorted out here before starting it up.

Flav
06-22-2010, 07:31 PM
I like this idea myself. :)

cdj
06-22-2010, 07:40 PM
I like that set-up. Everyone else who has some interest in this OD, please share your thoughts!

AustinWolv
06-22-2010, 07:50 PM
I actually like this better so I don't have to schedule as many user games if we were all stacked in the same conf.

Flav
06-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Phew, I was just hoping that people wouldn't get mad at me for this. But I like this idea alot! Michigan?!? :p

AustinWolv
06-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Texas?!!!

JBHuskers
06-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Yeah with a full time and part time gig, running a golf league....and etc. As long as it isn't much more than two games a week....count me in.

JBHuskers
06-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah with a full time and part time gig, running a golf league....and etc. As long as it isn't much more than two games a week....count me in.

I'm gonna go ACC with Miami.

cdj
06-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Unless someone else really wants them, I wouldn't mind VA Tech (ACC). I only request to be in the same conference with JB - he's my rival. ;)

Flav
06-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Chris is just scared to play me :p

cdj
06-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Chris is just scared to play me :p

That's what non-conference games are for. :) I'll already admit you'll probably roll me, but it'll still be fun. :)

xRomo9
06-22-2010, 08:52 PM
I want in .. Texas or a Texas team

xRomo9
06-22-2010, 08:53 PM
maybe Alabama :)

iBrandon
06-22-2010, 08:56 PM
So no Big 12 and we are picking teams already?

Give me Florida. I never run with a big dog. I'm always a Baylor.

lilheavy
06-22-2010, 08:57 PM
LSU...I'll be willing to take another team to even out the conferences though.

cdj
06-22-2010, 09:01 PM
We should probably wait until we get closer to the release of the game for picking teams, but maybe start thinking of 2-5 you would like.

xRomo9
06-22-2010, 09:11 PM
maybe do a lottery for picking Teams.. just an Idea .

On a nother note CLW ran one that I was apart of last year on the PS3 and he does a great job . may ask him for some pointers ..

Thanks
Romo

morsdraconis
06-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Phew, I was just hoping that people wouldn't get mad at me for this. But I like this idea alot! Michigan?!? :p

Michigan is yours man.

So no Big 12 and we are picking teams already?

Give me Florida. I never run with a big dog. I'm always a Baylor.

Yeah. No Big 12. Wanted to go with teams all together so that we could get some really great battles for recruiting happening.

And Florida is yours, absolutely.

I'm gonna go ACC with Miami.

AWESOME! I get JB in my league too! And you can absolutely have Miami man.

Unless someone else really wants them, I wouldn't mind VA Tech (ACC). I only request to be in the same conference with JB - he's my rival. ;)

Consider it done. Gotta get a WVU vs Va Tech revival going too!

LSU...I'll be willing to take another team to even out the conferences though.

LSU is yours man.

We should probably wait until we get closer to the release of the game for picking teams, but maybe start thinking of 2-5 you would like.

I have no problem with going with picking teams now. Just makes it easier to fill the voids when it happens.

morsdraconis
06-22-2010, 09:14 PM
maybe do a lottery for picking Teams.. just an Idea .

On a nother note CLW ran one that I was apart of last year on the PS3 and he does a great job . may ask him for some pointers ..

Thanks
Romo

I have no problems running a league. I was a commish for '10 on TF for Coast2Coast before life got complicated and I had to take an extended break from NCAA and video games in general.

Also, BigBlue has stepped up to put his name in for the co-commish job so if anything happens with me or I'm away and can't do something for a while, he'll be the commish (thanks again for stepping up for that man).

morsdraconis
06-22-2010, 09:18 PM
So far this is what we have:

SEC:

Florida - Dookie
LSU - lilheavy
Alabama - Romo (?)

ACC:

Miami - JBHuskers
Va Tech - CDJ
Maryland - Solidice

Big 10:

Michigan - BigBlue
Indiana - AustinWolv

Big East (unless no one else shows any interest then I'll move WVU to somewhere else):

WVU - MorsDraconis

Remaining Spots:

SEC:

Possibly no spots left, depends on what Romo decides

Big East:

2 spots

ACC:

1 spot

Big 10:

1 spot

xRomo9
06-22-2010, 09:22 PM
I have no problems running a league. I was a commish for '10 on TF for Coast2Coast before life got complicated and I had to take an extended break from NCAA and video games in general.

Also, BigBlue has stepped up to put his name in for the co-commish job so if anything happens with me or I'm away and can't do something for a while, he'll be the commish (thanks again for stepping up for that man).

Thats cool dude . I'm just trying to fit in ;).

I would like Texas if possible

Oh I just saw the post before my bad..

morsdraconis
06-22-2010, 09:27 PM

No harm man. Just saying that I've got experience with this stuff but thanks for the information.

Yeah, the Big 12 is defunct anyway. ;)

lilheavy
06-22-2010, 09:33 PM
I was thinking for conferences with a champ. game we could set it up with atleast 2 in each division, and for the other conferences we could have atleast 3 teams in that conference.

morsdraconis
06-22-2010, 09:37 PM
I was thinking for conferences with a champ. game we could set it up with atleast 2 in each division, and for the other conferences we could have atleast 3 teams in that conference.

Yeah, that was kinda what I was thinking of doing as well. Might have to slim it down to 3 conferences with 4 teams each (ACC, SEC, and Big East) with the ACC and SEC being split between the two divisions. Especially if there isn't any interest in the other Big East teams...

morsdraconis
06-22-2010, 09:38 PM

But, like I was saying before, we might be able to move some conferences around and get Texas in there if it's a them or nothing situation. I don't have a problem with messing with custom conferences if no one else does (probably move WVU to the ACC to give them back their Va Tech rivalry and just make the Pitt - WVU rivalry game happen every year OOC).

Flav
06-22-2010, 09:39 PM
As long as I get Michigan I'll be happy :)

Solidice
06-22-2010, 09:41 PM
I might be up for this OD. sounds like fun.

I'll throw a curve ball and pick Maryland, the worst team in the ACC last year(record wise). :eek:

xRomo9
06-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Give me Texas and move me too the Big East

lilheavy
06-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Maybe we should wait to select teams like cdj stated earlier, there has been two Texas selections already....

xRomo9
06-22-2010, 10:26 PM
It's cool I just would like a Texas team TCU , A&M would be fine as well or I can stick with Bama or ND is in the Big East now? right ? :)

morsdraconis
06-22-2010, 10:43 PM
I might be up for this OD. sounds like fun.

I'll throw a curve ball and pick Maryland, the worst team in the ACC last year(record wise). :eek:

Cool man. Maryland it is. Works out well because they are in the other division for the ACC.

It's cool I just would like a Texas team TCU , A&M would be fine as well or I can stick with Bama or ND is in the Big East now? right ? :)

I would just stick with Bama. I'd like to move as few teams as possible (or none). The only reason why I would even consider moving WVU to the ACC is because I've never gotten to play with WVU in a dynasty before and they are my favorite team (obviously). Plus, half of our old rivalries are in the ACC now (Va Tech and Maryland) and some of the best football to ever be played with Miami and Boston College.

Maybe we should wait to select teams like cdj stated earlier, there has been two Texas selections already....

Heh, both those Texas selections were by Romo.

lilheavy
06-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Texas?!!!

I want in .. Texas or a Texas team

AustinWolv
06-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I called the Longhorns first, but if you don't want to move Texas, then I'll take IU in the Big10. Yes, you heard right, Indiana, since Michigan isn't available. Romo should take 'Bama then.

morsdraconis
06-23-2010, 12:19 AM

Heh, my bad. I missed Austin's request for them as well.

morsdraconis
06-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Yeah, I called the Longhorns first, but if you don't want to move Texas, then I'll take IU in the Big10. Yes, you heard right, Indiana, since Michigan isn't available. Romo should take 'Bama then.

Sure man. Indiana it is.

morsdraconis
06-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Here's a thought on some conference shakeups to make some Big 12 fans happy (and one WVU fan happy) but to keep the SEC like I'd like to have:

We bring back part of the old Southwest Conference. We move Texas, Texas A&M, and Baylor to the SEC West replacing Mississippi State, Auburn, and Alabama. Alabama and Auburn move to the SEC East in place of Kentucky and Vandy.

WVU moves to the ACC in place of Florida State - Kentucky, Mississippi State, and Vandy go to the Big 12.

Florida States goes to SEC in place of South Carolina and South Carolina goes to the ACC in place of Georgia Tech who goes to the Big East in place of WVU.

Penn State and Notre Dame switch places

So, the conferences would look like this:

ACC Coastal

Duke
South Carolina
Miami
Virginia Tech
Virginia
North Carolina

ACC Atlantic

WVU
Boston College
Clemson
Maryland
NC State
Wake Forest

Big Ten

Notre Dame in place of Penn State

SEC West

Texas
Baylor
Texas A&M
Arkansas
LSU
Mississippi

SEC East

Florida State
Florida
Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
Tennessee

Thoughts? Am I nuts?

iBrandon
06-23-2010, 07:24 AM
Your nuts, but...

Are you not wanting guys to be in a conference by themselves? I always feel leagues go longer when players are their favorite teams. If you don't want guys to be in conferences alone, I say leave it like it is in real life.

Plus, can we even move teams to different conferences in OD?

lilheavy
06-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Either way is fine with me, but if you do move teams keep it to a minimum. Texas can swap with Iowa and now you have 2 in the Big 10 most likely someone else coming in later for Ohio St., Penn St., or Notre Dame. I would take WVU and swap for Wake or NC St. If you move FSU then Miami and UF lose big rvalry games. Thats big for recruiting. At this point it would give us 2 in the Big Ten, 4 in the ACC, and 3 in the SEC. ACC would be set with 2 in each division. Big 10 is fine with 2 with someone else likely to join and 3 in the SEC would be fine.

I would like to keep big name schools in their original spots and not mess with any rivalries.

JBHuskers
06-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Either way is fine with me, but if you do move teams keep it to a minimum. Texas can swap with Iowa and now you have 2 in the Big 10 most likely someone else coming in later for Ohio St., Penn St., or Notre Dame. I would take WVU and swap for Wake or NC St. If you move FSU then Miami and UF lose big rvalry games. Thats big for recruiting. At this point it would give us 2 in the Big Ten, 4 in the ACC, and 3 in the SEC. ACC would be set with 2 in each division. Big 10 is fine with 2 with someone else likely to join and 3 in the SEC would be fine.

I would like to keep big name schools in their original spots and not mess with any rivalries.

This.

morsdraconis
06-23-2010, 10:04 AM

Sounds good to me. We'll do the above then.

Texas in the Big Ten for Iowa

WVU to the ACC Atlantic for NC State

Roster looks like this now:

ACC

Maryland - Solidice
Miami - JBHuskers
Va Tech - CDJ
WVU - Mors

Big Ten

Texas - AustinWolv
Michigan - BigBlue

SEC

Alabama - Romo
Florida - Dookie
LSU - lilheavy

Spots left:

2 in the Big Ten

1 in the SEC East Division

AustinWolv
06-23-2010, 10:04 AM
I say leave teams where they are in the game and be done with it. People can suck it up and use a different team.

morsdraconis
06-23-2010, 10:08 AM
I say leave teams where they are in the game and be done with it. People can suck it up and use a different team.

Heh, or we could do that.

iBrandon
06-23-2010, 10:19 AM

I agree with this…

But in the end, I will go with whatever the majority decides.

Flav
06-23-2010, 10:23 AM

I also agree with this.

morsdraconis
06-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Ok then it's basically settled. No team movements.

Big East

WVU - MorsDraconis

SEC

Alabama - Romo
Florida - Dookie
LSU - lilheavy

ACC

Maryland - Solidice
Miami - JBHuskers
Va Tech - CDJ

Big Ten

Michigan - BigBlue
Indiana - AustinWolv

morsdraconis
06-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Would like to get at least one more person in this league to have an even number of teams in each conference.

Flav
06-23-2010, 12:25 PM
So we need 2 teams in the Big East and 1 in the Big Ten.

4 Conferences with 3 teams from each conference.

JBHuskers
06-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah we don't need conference movements if everyone has 3 user games anyways....those who are the only ones in a conference would just have more user non-conference games.

Jayrah
06-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Woohoo I was hoping to get in on this league! I'll take South Florida in the Big East to match it up for ya Mors.

morsdraconis
06-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Woohoo I was hoping to get in on this league! I'll take South Florida in the Big East to match it up for ya Mors.

Awesome man! Most definitely. :)

Jayrah
06-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Maybe you could add what teams each user has and the remaining spots to the thread title post Mors, that would make it much easier to navigate for those left to select.

morsdraconis
06-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Maybe you could add what teams each user has and the remaining spots to the thread title post Mors, that would make it much easier to navigate for those left to select.

I did so on my post (the second post in the thread) with a list of the teams left available.

xRomo9
06-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Sounds cool.. Sorry to start the big debate . lol :)

xRomo9
06-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Big Blue did you ever find out about Anton wanting to play or not ?

Flav
06-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Big Blue did you ever find out about Anton wanting to play or not ?

He never responded to my tweet :( Could you try talking to him?

xRomo9
06-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Anton still wants in and he wants PSU ...

morsdraconis
06-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Anton still wants in and he wants PSU ...

Sounds good. Hope he's at least semi-active on the forums though...

xRomo9
06-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Sounds good. Hope he's at least semi-active on the forums though...

He will be . I will let him know. ;)

morsdraconis
06-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Since it looks like we have our league pretty much setup, I'm going to move this to the Online Dynasty section of the forums.

Official The Gaming Tailgate Dynasty League (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?356-%28Xbox-360%29-Official-The-Gaming-Tailgate-Dynasty-League&p=6252#post6252)

XxDaMole00xX
06-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Hey guys! Finally got on the site...i would love to join, but before i pick my team or anything let me know what conference you need a player and i will pick from that conference! :) thanks

morsdraconis
06-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Hey guys! Finally got on the site...i would love to join, but before i pick my team or anything let me know what conference you need a player and i will pick from that conference! :) thanks

At the moment, we are full unfortunately but I can put you on the waiting list where you'd basically have a choice of whatever team is left from the spot if/when a player leaves.

cdj
06-27-2010, 11:10 AM
DaMole - If enough people sign up with interest in the league, we can always open/create a second one. I'll add your name to the first post.

DrManateePhD
07-07-2010, 04:28 PM
I would be very much interested in doing an OD with you all, I didn't see a demand for a Pac-10 conference as I would very much like to play as Arizona (UA) :D Let me know if I can squeeze into a OD.

cdj
07-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Dr & Mole added to list - either waiting list or for second 360 OD. If people are interested, still sign up!

Jesus
07-13-2010, 12:34 PM
If there's a second dynasty- I'd play. I'm not too picky with whomever. This game is absolutely stunning thus far!

Anton32
07-13-2010, 02:10 PM
guys im here been a lil busy with work etc. I still wanna join your league send me the info. via xbl or here with the name of the dynasty and the password thx

morsdraconis
07-16-2010, 11:40 PM
The Official Gaming Tailgate Dynasty needs another member as we had someone drop from our opening roster. We are planning on starting the dynasty tomorrow (Saturday) so you will be getting in before we are off to the races.

The teams available at the moment are:

Florida
Tennessee
Georgia
South Carolina
Kentucky
Vanderbilt

BUT THAT COULD CHANGE IF SOMEONE ALREADY IN THE LEAGUE DECIDES TO SWITCH TEAMS

The thread where we've been having our discussion is located here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?356-%28Xbox-360%29-Official-The-Gaming-Tailgate-Dynasty-League)

If interested, either post here or PM me.

cdj
07-17-2010, 12:28 PM
mors - DrManateePhD has expressed significant interest, so let's ask if he wants in first.

Jayrah
07-17-2010, 12:54 PM
mors - DrManateePhD has expressed significant interest, so let's ask if he wants in first.

2nd this

morsdraconis
07-17-2010, 02:07 PM

PM sent to him about the opening.

I wasn't sure who was first on the list for the opening so I just opened it to whomever was interested but that works as well.

DrManateePhD
07-17-2010, 03:53 PM
I am very interested, I'll go with Kentucky if that's alright with you all. I'll be out of town at a research conference but I'll be back Sunday afternoon. I'll hit the ground running then, guaranteed. What's the OD information, glad to be a part of this active dynasty :D

Cipher 8
07-19-2010, 08:43 PM
So is there and open spot left and has it started already?

morsdraconis
07-20-2010, 12:34 AM
So is there and open spot left and has it started already?

Unfortunately, there isn't an open spot at the moment in the TGTD. I can certainly put you on the waiting list and you'd be the first I'd contact once there was an opening.

Cipher 8
07-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Unfortunately, there isn't an open spot at the moment in the TGTD. I can certainly put you on the waiting list and you'd be the first I'd contact once there was an opening.

I'm in 3 now and suppose to start my own with my brother, just me and him, so idk I think I'll pass but if you guys are ever starting up another one I'de like to join. I've been pretty active here since finding out about this site the week before launch.

morsdraconis
07-20-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm in 3 now and suppose to start my own with my brother, just me and him, so idk I think I'll pass but if you guys are ever starting up another one I'de like to join. I've been pretty active here since finding out about this site the week before launch.

Well, we actually have another opening if you're interested. The teams available are any team in the Big East outside of WVU and Syracuse.

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 11:18 AM
I sent Anton a message on Facebook, but hadn't heard back.

morsdraconis
07-20-2010, 11:25 AM
I sent Anton a message on Facebook, but hadn't heard back.

Yeah, unfortunately, I've pretty much given up on him having interest and sticking with it.

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah, unfortunately, I've pretty much given up on him having interest and sticking with it.

Yeah that's cool. I'm ready to get going.

morsdraconis
07-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Yeah that's cool. I'm ready to get going.

Me too. Once Brandon joins, I think we're just going to continue from there with 11 people and add someone if they come and if not, then no biggie.

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Me too. Once Brandon joins, I think we're just going to continue from there with 11 people and add someone if they come and if not, then no biggie.

Works for me.

morsdraconis
07-22-2010, 12:14 AM
The Official Gaming Tailgate Dynasty needs two more members as we had two people drop from our roster. The Dynasty is currently in week 2 so you haven't missed much.

Florida
Tennessee
Georgia
South Carolina
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Louisville
Connecticut
USF
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
Cincinnati

Check it out here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?356-%28Xbox-360%29-Official-The-Gaming-Tailgate-Dynasty-League)

Cipher 8
07-22-2010, 01:56 AM
The Official Gaming Tailgate Dynasty needs two more members as we had two people drop from our roster. The Dynasty is currently in week 2 so you haven't missed much.

Florida
Tennessee
Georgia
South Carolina
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Louisville
Connecticut
USF
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
Cincinnati

Check it out here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?356-%28Xbox-360%29-Official-The-Gaming-Tailgate-Dynasty-League)

Hmmm I only got two more OD spots left and I'm not sure if I want to get in this one or not and use one of those up... I love the rules and how you want it to be a sim style stats and what not... I have ZERO problem with that... But I'm not big on playing human players because ya'll play sports games, the football games year in and year out, where as I suck at sports games, I seriously don't even play online or against human players cuz i lose everytime. I have a hard enough time with the computer on A.A. already... I just like to play the computer and end up having close games. 4 of my last 5 have gone to OT, the other one was decided late in the 4th QTR. I lost 3 of those 5.

Probably the biggest thing that worries me about joining this though is the sliders... I struggle with the normal sliders on A.A. but you guys got some, marked in red, that I don't think I could win with...

OFFENSE | HUM | CPU
QB ACCURACY | 40 | 50
PASS BLOCK | 50 | 40
WR CATCH | 55 | 55
RB ABILITY | 50 | 55
RUN BLOCK | 50 | 75
DEFENSE | HUM | CPU
PASS COVERAGE | 35 | 45
PASS RUSH | 70 | 50
INTERCEPTIONS | 40 | 40
RUSH DEFENSE | 35 | 70
TACKLING | 50 | 50
SPECIAL TEAMS | HUM | CPU
FG LENGTH | 5 | 20
FG ACCURACY | 15 | 50
PUNT LENGTH | 50 | 55
PUNT ACCURACY | 40 | 50
KO LENGTH | 35 | 50

- My QB already struggles with accuracy... I can't hit anyone in the flats or on breaking routes... I really struggle on passing.
- 75 CPU Run Block seems a little high of an adjustment, I just hate when I got the RB stopped and then he breaks out of a pile of defenders and runs for 40+ yards. I understand they have to be effective at running but not unrealistic. Not every RB is Barry Sanders...
- Pair that with a 35 Human rush defense and yeah I know I won't be able to stop even a FCS running back from breaking out for 200 yards or more...
- Pass coverage down to 35? I guess ya'll are way better then me cuz I can't stop teams from passing on me late in the game. The game amps it up at the end and they always make them drive down and score on me.
-Then what's with Field Goal range at a 5!? Something wrong with kicking field goals? I mean you want us to play sim, which isn't a change for me at all, but I kick more field goals then I score touchdowns usually. Only score 1-2 touchdowns a game, if that.

So yeah I'de love to join but the sliders are holding me back and besides I'de get raped when playing one of you guys for sure...

morsdraconis
07-22-2010, 09:54 AM
- My QB already struggles with accuracy... I can't hit anyone in the flats or on breaking routes... I really struggle on passing.
- 75 CPU Run Block seems a little high of an adjustment, I just hate when I got the RB stopped and then he breaks out of a pile of defenders and runs for 40+ yards. I understand they have to be effective at running but not unrealistic. Not every RB is Barry Sanders...
- Pair that with a 35 Human rush defense and yeah I know I won't be able to stop even a FCS running back from breaking out for 200 yards or more...
- Pass coverage down to 35? I guess ya'll are way better then me cuz I can't stop teams from passing on me late in the game. The game amps it up at the end and they always make them drive down and score on me.
-Then what's with Field Goal range at a 5!? Something wrong with kicking field goals? I mean you want us to play sim, which isn't a change for me at all, but I kick more field goals then I score touchdowns usually. Only score 1-2 touchdowns a game, if that.

So yeah I'de love to join but the sliders are holding me back and besides I'de get raped when playing one of you guys for sure...

There's really an easy explanation for all of those:

QB Accuracy - it's to make sure guys that ARE good at passing don't complete 80% of their passes every game. I'm actually going to turn the CPU pass coverage down to 40 after the advance to help with that though.

Run Block - It's up to 75 because the CPU is retarded when running the ball - The breaking a whole bunch of tackles is RB Ability which I'm also thinking about tweaking down some.

Pass Coverage - This is actually perfectly fine and, again, probably turning CPU pass coverage down to 40.

Rush Defense - This is down to 35 to help with the CPU getting good blocks on runs and Human players not breaking blocks so easily.

FG length - to make the game FAR more realistic on FG kicks - FG length at 5 makes it where a kicker with 93 kpw can just BARELY make a 55 yarder with full power and the angle all the way down - just like real life in my opinion - You can still make 45 yarders pretty easily as long as you have a kicker with 85+ kpw (just like real life).

But I can understand if you're worried about losing. Certainly no one wants to lose every game. I recommend giving them a try and seeing what you think about them. If they're too hard for you, then I can understand that as I look to make the CPU challenging and if that means losing occasionally, then GREAT, that's exactly what I want to see.

Cipher 8
07-22-2010, 06:55 PM
There's really an easy explanation for all of those:

QB Accuracy - it's to make sure guys that ARE good at passing don't complete 80% of their passes every game. I'm actually going to turn the CPU pass coverage down to 40 after the advance to help with that though.

Run Block - It's up to 75 because the CPU is retarded when running the ball - The breaking a whole bunch of tackles is RB Ability which I'm also thinking about tweaking down some.

Pass Coverage - This is actually perfectly fine and, again, probably turning CPU pass coverage down to 40.

Rush Defense - This is down to 35 to help with the CPU getting good blocks on runs and Human players not breaking blocks so easily.

FG length - to make the game FAR more realistic on FG kicks - FG length at 5 makes it where a kicker with 93 kpw can just BARELY make a 55 yarder with full power and the angle all the way down - just like real life in my opinion - You can still make 45 yarders pretty easily as long as you have a kicker with 85+ kpw (just like real life).

But I can understand if you're worried about losing. Certainly no one wants to lose every game. I recommend giving them a try and seeing what you think about them. If they're too hard for you, then I can understand that as I look to make the CPU challenging and if that means losing occasionally, then GREAT, that's exactly what I want to see.
Well you make a good point... and I'de like to see those changes you said. I think your right to move them down a little. RB ability and what not. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it out. I don't mind losing at all it's how I lose that gets me frustrated. If it's a good close game and they just edge me out that's football... If they are a superior team and blow me out, that's football... but if I'm the favored and better rated team and some unknown RB or QB is just tearing me up left and right then I think that's the game...and the sliders. But yeah I'de like to give it a go.

Has the season already started though cuz I'de rather wait for season two then. For recruiting because that's why I love to play this game so much, the recruiting.

Cipher 8
07-26-2010, 12:12 AM
morsdraconis what is the lowdown on this dynasty, did you change any of the sliders and is there an open spot?

cuz the one I'm in is pissing me off. We chose to do 3 Star or under and 79OVR or under schools. We got 12 teams in, I chose Illinois because I don't like playing other human controlled teams and they were the only team within the Big10 that fit those standards. Anyways the guy that chose UConn already in week 5 has 22 rushing TDs and it's getting a bit ridiculous if you ask me so I was thinking about finding a O.D with Sim football in mind. Obviously there will be upsets and big weeks but 22 TDs in five weeks with a UConn RB... when Barry Sanders record is 34 in a whole season... no that's not cool. So is there an open spot in this one, has it started and if so what season, week, are you in. I'de like to get in or find some people who would like to join one with me that I'll host.

Cipher 8
08-07-2010, 03:55 AM
I'm thinking of hosting a online dynasty... the ones I'm in now the people are just too good for All American. Anyone out there that struggles vs the tougher teams on All American still? I can win sometimes but not all the time and that's what I want. To struggle vs the top teams but also be able to pull off the upset occasionally, get a bowl game record but no go undefeated every year. Keep the stats realistic but yet have fun and dominate at what you enjoy doing...

Let me know.