PDA

View Full Version : ESPN - NCAA Football 11 Takes Dynasty to the Web

JBHuskers
06-09-2010, 03:34 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?200-ESPN-Video-Games

My big tease .... revealed!

I OU a Beatn
06-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Awesome feature. I will definitely use this whenever I'm working.

JBHuskers
06-09-2010, 03:42 PM
This is the feature that was made possible thanks to the technology used in Season Showdown :) or my "big tease".

JBHuskers
06-09-2010, 03:43 PM
The Dyansty Wire will be HUGE for those who like to do dynasty reports and likes to bring them to the forums and such.

xRomo9
06-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JBHuskers
06-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Russ Kiniry: Another thing this does is create a history for your dynasty. You can see where you were at through every single week. You can see the results of every single game and see who won. You have a full archive. If you're in year ten, you can go back to year two and read through your old stories. I can't think of another game that has done this. You get to play the role of journalist and it keeps track the entire length you're playing.

Something very cool about this feature.

xRomo9
06-09-2010, 03:48 PM
why does my Avatar not show? JB you been holding out on us ;p

iBrandon
06-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Wow!!!

As long as everything works like it supposed to and there are no bugs, this is going to be amazing!

JBHuskers
06-09-2010, 03:50 PM
why does my Avatar not show? JB you been holding out on us ;p

Post one more time.

JBHuskers
06-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Another thing we added this year is e-mail alerts. You can sign up for e-mail alerts and you'll be notified every time you get a dynasty invite or your dynasty advances.

This was something that wasn't confirmed at Community Day .... AWESOME!!!!

morsdraconis
06-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Ho-ly-shit.

This is THE most AMAZING thing EVER. THANK YOU EA! FUCK YES!

xRomo9
06-09-2010, 03:54 PM
WOW!!!!!! JB great write up dude...

Sinister
06-09-2010, 03:57 PM
you i might have to do this not a online dynasty guy but its pretty hot.

lilheavy
06-09-2010, 03:58 PM
"Jon Robinson: Talk about murdering workforce productivity."

I will serioulsy have to control myself at work.....WOW! GREAT EDITION!

JBHuskers
06-09-2010, 03:59 PM
you i might have to do this not a online dynasty guy but its pretty hot.

You can actually do a one-team dynasty online with all of these perks.

JBHuskers
06-09-2010, 04:01 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?200-ESPN-Video-Games

My big tease .... revealed!

Most of you will get the joke ;)

xRomo9
06-09-2010, 04:02 PM
I agree I will have to watch to keep myself from getting into trouble at work . lol

Kwizzy
06-09-2010, 04:03 PM
WOW! Standing ovation EA! Sounds really in depth & well done. Maybe I missed it, CD guys... Can we edit our depth charts, formation subs, & roster online as well?

Coachdenz
06-09-2010, 04:03 PM
this is good news.

beartide06
06-09-2010, 04:07 PM
WOW just WOW!!!

I remember playing madden and saying if this were on NCAA it would be amazing... well, in a sense it is, only it's is leaps and bounds better.

This is something I will use probably everyday and the fact that they could input this in on top of everything else is astonishing.

How did season showdown have anything to do with it if you don't mind me asking JB?

JBHuskers
06-09-2010, 04:07 PM
WOW! Standing ovation EA! Sounds really in depth & well done. Maybe I missed it, CD guys... Can we edit our depth charts, formation subs, & roster online as well?

Don't think so. We only saw mock ups, didn't see it in action in March.

JBHuskers
06-09-2010, 04:08 PM
How did season showdown have anything to do with it if you don't mind me asking JB?

The technology that was used with Season Showdown made all of this possible.

gschwendt
06-09-2010, 04:09 PM
If memory serves me correctly, the answer to all three is yes. We didn't get to see the actual Dynasty Wire... it was only screenshots of each page but as Russ was walking us through it, I believe one of the things is that you can work with your rosters.

gschwendt
06-09-2010, 04:10 PM
By the way, the biggest aspect of this is that we didn't lose a single feature in the carry-over to the web. When Madden 10 added Online Franchise, you lost a bunch of features like sliders, recruiting classes, etc. To my knowledge, this does not lose a single feature.

iBrandon
06-09-2010, 04:10 PM
I am a bit disappointed there will be no iPhone app, but no biggie.

Kwizzy
06-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Don't think so. We only saw mock ups, didn't see it in action in March.

That's too bad but oh well.... What a good addition!

Refresh my memory, are there any parts of offline dynasty that aren't included in online dynasty? In other words, is there anything i will be missing if I do my single player dynasty online this year?

JBHuskers
06-09-2010, 04:14 PM

Refresh my memory, are there any parts of offline dynasty that aren't included in online dynasty? In other words, is there anything i will be missing if I do my single player dynasty online this year?

I'm working on confirmation if it is in or not. (the depth charts and formation subs)

JBHuskers
06-09-2010, 04:15 PM

You won't lose a feature.

beartide06
06-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Well thank you season showdown... :D

If we can adjust rosters and depth charts online I will be ecstatic. Now if they can just make it to where I can play my game on the internet... :D

It's also really neat that you can just do a 1 man OD. I mean Now there almost won't be a point in playing offline dynasties if you have internet access.

JBHuskers
06-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Well thank you season showdown... :D

I wasn't lying when I said Season Showdown is more important than you think on another website. (which I think was the birth of my tease moniker)

xRomo9
06-09-2010, 04:20 PM
JB you are the TEASE! LOL

gschwendt
06-09-2010, 04:23 PM
One addition to this that did not make it in is that you cannot advance from the web. The commissioner still has to get onto the console and advance the week... it's a small price to pay for the additions we did get though.

JBHuskers
06-09-2010, 04:26 PM
One addition to this that did not make it in is that you cannot advance from the web. The commissioner still has to get onto the console and advance the week... it's a small price to pay for the additions we did get though.

Yeah ... definitely a price I'm willing to pay. I'm very excited about an e-mail alert when the dyansty is advanced. That way I don't have to keep looking to see if it has or not.

Kwizzy
06-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Yeah ... definitely a price I'm willing to pay. I'm very excited about an e-mail alert when the dyansty is advanced. That way I don't have to keep looking to see if it has or not.

That's a really good point! I'm gonna go ahead & appoint a lawyer now to start workin on my lawsuit against EA now for when I lose my job!

morsdraconis
06-09-2010, 04:30 PM

Definitely not a huge deal when compared to what all is available online. This is just absolutely incredible. This is something I've wanted for quite a long time (truthfully, just stats, results, and rosters being available online would have been HUGE for me) and this being added like it is is just absolutely amazing.

I just can't say enough how amazing this addition is.

Coachdenz
06-09-2010, 04:52 PM
I just like the thought of the commish getting a email when everyone has played this is very good news. This brings alot to the the table and really brings the OD alive.

gschwendt
06-09-2010, 04:57 PM

The two things you would miss out on if you use it as an Online Dynasty is invites to another conference and job offers to better teams. Otherwise everything is the same. For the job offers, you can always re-assign yourself to a different team after you feel you're worthy of a job offer. As for changing teams, you could always take the dynasty offline after the BCS Championship is played, then advance to the offseason recruiting. At that point, you'll have the possibility of getting a conference invite.

beartide06
06-09-2010, 05:05 PM
I wasn't lying when I said Season Showdown is more important than you think on another website. (which I think was the birth of my tease moniker)

I remember discussing and reading that lol.

And just think, what we can't do now in the online website might be added through patch and probably into next years game. Like advancing on the internet, and things of that nature that have been mentioned.

gschwendt
06-09-2010, 05:09 PM
I remember discussing and reading that lol.

And just think, what we can't do now in the online website might be added through patch and probably into next years game. Like advancing on the internet, and things of that nature that have been mentioned.
Yeah, that brings up a good point. They can technically add web-based features to their site midway through the year if they so choose. Granted advancing from the internet won't be one of them, but other stuff that is more tied to viewing/sorting data, they could add at any time.

JBHuskers
06-09-2010, 05:12 PM
I just like the thought of the commish getting a email when everyone has played this is very good news. This brings alot to the the table and really brings the OD alive.

Yeah it's definitely going to help things flow better!

Jayrah
06-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Can't say it any better than has already been said. JB, I was starting to think that there was no feature that could be WOW anymore this season, thought maybe we had teased the wow out of it. But this is CRAZY SUPER WOW!

My favorite thing is that a story will be mocked up on EVERYTHING by itself. And then if you want you can go in and edit/add/subtract/rewrite/add photos/add highlights/etc.

This is going to make OD's absolutely ROCK THE HOUSE!

Question: Will the highlight reels install like the photos? IOW, will there be 5 'generic' highlights made throughout the game, based on SS or greatness points for the game or something, just as there will be 'generic' photos?

Deuce
06-09-2010, 06:18 PM
meh...where's the dreads??

...ha ha. couldn't resist. This is very cool. I just hope the site is not blocked at work! Otherwise, I'll spend all my time at work on the pooper recruiting. :D

cdj
06-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Question: Will the highlight reels install like the photos? IOW, will there be 5 'generic' highlights made throughout the game, based on SS or greatness points for the game or something, just as there will be 'generic' photos?

Pretty sure the type of vids the CPU would randomly pick and store in the NCAA 10 will be taken to Dynasty Wire. (Pontiac Game Changing Performance Play of the Game, for example.)

I'm glad this one is finally out there to talk about!

Being able to recruit online should help people find more diamonds in the rough. Think of all the time you can spent looking and comparing attributes!

Kwizzy
06-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Trying to look closer at the screenshots, I noticed one tab is called "Roster" and one is called "Stats Leaders". Two questions:

- What is in the roster tab if not depth chart/formation subs etc? Just ability to examine your roster?

- Can you only view a certain number of leaders in certain stats categories or can you look at all stats just as you are able to on the console?

BlindRedBaron
06-09-2010, 07:17 PM
This is so awesome! I will say that I've never played an online dynasty, but being able to just join a public one or do one by yourself is a BIG deal for me. Being able to do everything online is a massive draw and will definitely dominate my workdays this fall.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm also REALLY stoked about it automatically creating stories and giving you the ability to add/cut/edit the stories however you want. This won't be good because I'll be spending way too much time on the computer now, haha.

Definitely a WOW feature you guys. Haha, I never thought that the demo would become a "meh" event on the premise that the game would have so much stuff, I'd be eager to get my hands on it. But I think that day is finally here.

:)

Solidice
06-09-2010, 07:21 PM
The two things you would miss out on if you use it as an Online Dynasty is invites to another conference and job offers to better teams. Otherwise everything is the same. For the job offers, you can always re-assign yourself to a different team after you feel you're worthy of a job offer. As for changing teams, you could always take the dynasty offline after the BCS Championship is played, then advance to the offseason recruiting. At that point, you'll have the possibility of getting a conference invite.

but by taking it offline and re-upping it online, you'll lose all the coaching/dynasty history, wont you? thats how it was in the past ODs. kind of ruins the whole point of me doing my 1* build-up dynasty online. not saying this is pointless, as It'll be massive fun for my online dynasty with Texas Tech, just that it will kind of mess up my dynasty I would normally do offline(1* build-up team)

JeffHCross
06-09-2010, 07:22 PM
You won't lose a feature.

Haven't seen confirmation about this for '11, but on 10 Coach Contracts and Conference Invites aren't implemented in OD

Jayrah
06-09-2010, 08:20 PM
but by taking it offline and re-upping it online, you'll lose all the coaching/dynasty history, wont you? thats how it was in the past ODs. kind of ruins the whole point of me doing my 1* build-up dynasty online. not saying this is pointless, as It'll be massive fun for my online dynasty with Texas Tech, just that it will kind of mess up my dynasty I would normally do offline(1* build-up team)

Really good question

Jcoop9
06-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Got give the team @ EA credit this year they have listened to the community and followed thru.

JHeb
06-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Once again, I too am REALLY excited about the news that came out today...Wow! This should really rock all of our worlds. I also really like the feature that lets us go back and look at stats from years past. That will be so nice! And the email alerts? Amazing idea! I just wish you could sign up for text alerts rather than emails, but I won't complain.

Rudy
06-09-2010, 10:01 PM
This will be awesome. Not as awesome if I'm blocked at work from it (most likely) but still awesome.

I wondered if this could happen and posted a thread on something MLB 2K10 does (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?198-Dynasty-Blogs). The fact that JB didn't pop in and comment on it led me to believe it could be true. :)

I plan on running an online dynasty for 1 just to get access to that stuff!

JHeb
06-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Guys,

We now know we can track our dynasty for as long as 60 years, going back and looking at past seasons, past games, etc. What do we know about tracking school records, national records, dynasty records, etc.?

Here is what I mean:

Will the online dynasty (OD) keep the Top 5 Passing Yard Leaders for my team (Oklahoma)?
--I know it kept the #1 guy for my school in NCAA 10 and other past versions of the game, but I'd really LOVE to have at least a Top 5 or Top 10 of my school's All-Time Passing Yardage leaders, etc.

Will the OD keep user records of any kind? If my OD has 12 guys, will the OD keep track of the Top 5 or 10 user passing yardage games, etc.?

jaymo76
06-10-2010, 12:25 AM

Agreed! We need to hear more on this. I also am curious about online connection and playing games... my PS3 router usually cuts out after an hour or so.

Jayrah
06-10-2010, 02:55 AM
Ya know, to tie into espn....a highlight show is now possible via this feature. This has a unique "SportsCenter" feel to it. A generic highlight show, coupled with a separate user based highlight reel and story, would make this taste even sweeter. Like your own personalized sportscenter.com - "Dunana, Dunana"

ebin
06-10-2010, 02:56 AM
This is phenomenal! I've wanted online stat tracking for years, and this is that and so much more! How the hell am I supposed to wait another 33 days for this?

Iron Dragon
06-10-2010, 07:50 AM
As the commissioner of a multi-team CAS/TeamBuilder dynasty, I'm thrilled.

cdj
06-10-2010, 10:11 AM
I was able to get some clarification on a few issues:

- No editing depth charts or formation subs. The team focused on making sure they were able to get all aspects of Recruiting on Dynasty Wire.

- Rosters tab lets you see your roster and roster of every team in your Dynasty plus player stats & ratings.

- In the Stats Leaders tab, you can sort by Top 25 or Any Team in the most important Offensive and Defensive stats.

- The game will auto-upload all media you save from each game. (The game will autosave and publish 5 photo highlights each game, just to make sure you have some highlights available.) You can save 5 videos on your own (or extra pics) and after saving them and exiting the game, they will be auto-uploaded to the Dynasty Wire site. There's nothing extra that you need to do.

Kwizzy
06-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks cdj, It's a shame about the depth charts and formation subs but not that big of a deal. Being able to recruit just as if you are on the console is HUGE! I also like the sound of being able to view other teams rosters including stats and ratings for each player. It'll be nice to be able to scout your next opponents roster ahead of time.

Can't get over how good of a feature this is! :)

JBHuskers
06-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Just got confirmation from Russ that depth chart and etc will not be on the web. They spent most of their time into what we will spend most of our time on, recruiting. Depth chart and other items, we'll only touch a couple of times.

ebin
06-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Being able to recruit just as if you are on the console is HUGE! I also like the sound of being able to view other teams rosters including stats and ratings for each player. It'll be nice to be able to scout your next opponents roster ahead of time.

Can't get over how good of a feature this is! :)

Agreed! I'm not going to get anything done at work this summer.

cdj, do you know if there will be any way to export or otherwise save this information outside the EA servers? Obviously, we can't expect them to host this stuff forever; it'd be nice to have a permanent copy/archive.

gschwendt
06-10-2010, 01:16 PM

cdj, do you know if there will be any way to export or otherwise save this information outside the EA servers? Obviously, we can't expect them to host this stuff forever; it'd be nice to have a permanent copy/archive.
I don't believe we ever got clear confirmation regarding that. It was tossed around back and forth while we were at CD but I'm not sure what it ever landed on. One good thing though is that if there is enough demand, that's something they could likely easily implement on the site without having to touch the console side.

cdj
06-10-2010, 01:16 PM

I don't know, but I can find out. Maybe that is something server side they could add/patch in later on. What kind of export do you think people would like? Printable version? A savable file of some sort?

gschwendt
06-10-2010, 01:21 PM
I don't know, but I can find out. Maybe that is something server side they could add/patch in later on. What kind of export do you think people would like? Printable version? A savable file of some sort?
CSV would be the most likely format. It's the easiest to work with and can be easily transferred to other data types (spreadsheet, database, etc.)

ebin
06-10-2010, 02:27 PM

That would be fantastic, thanks. I agree with gschwendt, CSV would be the most flexible option.

Rudy
06-10-2010, 04:09 PM
I'd love an export option. Plus it's easy DLC money if EA wants to do it.

gschwendt
06-10-2010, 04:23 PM
I'd love an export option. Plus it's easy DLC money if EA wants to do it.
Well, 2 things. #1 Generally DLC has to be planned prior to release and #2 since it would be on the Dynasty Wire side of things, I don't think it would need to be DLC.

CLW
06-13-2010, 08:40 AM
I don't believe we ever got clear confirmation regarding that. It was tossed around back and forth while we were at CD but I'm not sure what it ever landed on. One good thing though is that if there is enough demand, that's something they could likely easily implement on the site without having to touch the console side.

This was my biggest question as well. Obviously for community guys it would be easier to gain followers of their online dynasty progress if they could also post the same reports/articles/videos/images/etc... to the various community forums as opposed to having to link everyone to the EA site.

AustinWolv
06-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Another great thing about the weekly story is that it serves as a forum to help you schedule your games as you can leave comments back and forth with your next opponent as you work out a time to play your game. And these comments show up instantly on either the console or the Web, so I don't need to be on my console to schedule a game anymore. I can just post a little comment on that week advance story and find out a time to play.

That is huge.

JBHuskers
06-13-2010, 03:26 PM
This was my biggest question as well. Obviously for community guys it would be easier to gain followers of their online dynasty progress if they could also post the same reports/articles/videos/images/etc... to the various community forums as opposed to having to link everyone to the EA site.

Since this was just a mock up that we saw back in March, I am not sure, but I think it is something that you can post into a forum.

ebin
06-13-2010, 05:16 PM

Any updates on this? Considering the 'wow' factor, I'm surprised the one ESPN story is all we've heard about this feature. Do you think we'll get any more information from EA directly?

JeffHCross
06-13-2010, 07:22 PM
I would expect to hear a lot about it at E3 this week.

CLW
06-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Since this was just a mock up that we saw back in March, I am not sure, but I think it is something that you can post into a forum.

That would be outstanding. Obviously you have more knowledge of the situation compared to myself. My gut initially told me that we wouldn't be able to. However, I will be happy to admit I was wrong if you are in fact correct.

I would expect to hear a lot about it at E3 this week.

I would certainly hope so with videos/tutorials/screens showing how it will work.

cdj
06-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Nine high-res Dynasty Wire screenshots have been posted:

- Homepage (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/homepage_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg)
- Homepage 2 (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/homepage2_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg)
- Recruiting (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/recruiting_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg)
- Roster (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/roster_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg)
- Schedule (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/schedule_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg)
- Stats Leaders (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/statsleaders_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg)
- Stories (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/stories1_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg)
- Stories 2 (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/stories2_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg)
- Top 25 Poll (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/top25poll_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg)

Kingpin32
06-13-2010, 11:57 PM
None of the links seem to work cdj.

cdj
06-14-2010, 12:05 AM
They should be good now.

Solidice
06-14-2010, 12:08 AM
nice to see it'll keep track of the players hometown on the roster now. I think the past few on this gen, after you recruited them, you could never see it again(I could be miss-remembering though)

also, looks like a filter to only show user controlled team's player stats. thats cool.

morsdraconis
06-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Any chance someone could find out if you can click on the player on the roster to get more in depth attributes and such on them or show individual play stats and such? That would be the one thing that I could see missing from the roster section (besides setting the depth chart, of course).

cdj
06-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Pretty sure from what Russ said, you can get player ratings as well.

cdj
06-14-2010, 12:57 AM
IGN briefly looks at Dynasty Wire. (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1096902p1.html)

ebin
06-14-2010, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the photos cdj. Other than the annoyingly busy background, it looks great. I can't wait to actually explore this feature for myself.

morsdraconis
06-14-2010, 02:24 AM
Thanks for the photos cdj. Other than the annoyingly busy background, it looks great. I can't wait to actually explore this feature for myself.

Most definitely. This has got to be the most anticipated NCAA title ever. Everything that I'm seeing says that this game could be REALLY good.

Pretty sure from what Russ said, you can get player ratings as well.

Thanks Chris. I appreciate the quick answer.

CLW
06-14-2010, 05:57 AM
This sounds great. I'm hoping a video demo comes out sometime in the near future so we can get a better idea of how this bad boy is going to work.