PDA

View Full Version : Tradition Sports - House rules example video for straight play

ram29jackson
06-29-2011, 06:12 PM
VERY NICELY DONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ-N4IMbGbU&feature=related

HawkFan
06-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Very well done and a must watch for all those in online dynasties.

David
06-29-2011, 08:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ-N4IMbGbU&feature=related

Thanks fellas. I'm the creator of the video

texacotea
06-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Used to be Gunit over there?

ram29jackson
06-29-2011, 09:14 PM
youre welcome :)

AustinWolv
06-30-2011, 12:31 AM
Good vid

morsdraconis
06-30-2011, 12:49 AM
Good vid

+1

That's one of things that's great about TF. They play it as straight as an arrow, and don't stand for people doing it any way different.

David
06-30-2011, 04:53 AM
Used to be Gunit over there?

Yes sir

steelerfan
06-30-2011, 05:13 AM
Very nice video!

I have played a lot of guys who claim to be sim and they pull half the stuff on there. Particularly the late option pitch.

David, thanks for creating that video, and ram, thanks for posting it.

David
06-30-2011, 06:13 AM
Very nice video!

I have played a lot of guys who claim to be sim and they pull half the stuff on there. Particularly the late option pitch.

Thanks Steelerfan.

texacotea
06-30-2011, 07:39 AM
Very nice video!

Agreed with this, I will say that sometimes the late option cant be avoided. But im not saying its something that should be done or accepted.

TF is nice, been over there for about 3-4 months and they are very straight players and run good dynasties over there.

David you follow your video over here?

David
06-30-2011, 07:42 AM
David you follow your video over here?

Actually I saw ram29's new member application over @TF and he mentioned my video in it. So yeah, I kinda just followed it over here.

texacotea
06-30-2011, 08:01 AM
Actually I saw ram29's new member application over @TF and he mentioned my video in it. So yeah, I kinda just followed it over here.

Gotcha....welcome.

AustinWolv
06-30-2011, 09:57 AM
TF is nice, been over there for about 3-4 months and they are very straight players and run good dynasties over there.
Good to know.
Been in several dynasties where people claimed they were sim but were doing a lot of that stuff. That's what has really killed my enthusiasm for actual human games, even though OD is a stellar feature and fun.

ThaShark316
06-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Seems like late pitches are gone from this years game but I could be wrong...nice video though.

ram29jackson
06-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Very nice video!

:) youre welcome

psusnoop
06-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Thanks for sharing that video, very nice and could and should be a sticky on every OD :D

baseballplyrmvp
06-30-2011, 08:33 PM
in past dynasties i've ran, i've allowed guys to immediately scramble to the sideline (even if there's zero pressure), but i strictly enforced a rule that they werent allowed to pass to any receiver if they did scramble. they could, though, throw the ball away.

Cipher 8
07-05-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm not sure about the scramble one but when combined with the sprint throw at the end of the video I certainly hate and wouldn't allow. My one friend does it ALL THE TIME but he's not really sim style. I complain to him and he says "What? There's nothing wrong with that." -_-

I like the vid but there are just some things that IMO take it too far.

Bad Bounce - Run the designed play? You should be able to break it off where the hole is not just follow it into a pack of people. If your playing and you see the lane is plugged up you should be able to break it off and try to make something out of nothing and pick up some yards. That's just football. That being said I'm not saying I'm siding with those people, who know who they are, where they do seemingly innocent gameplay behaviors because of known exploits. Generally if you know your doing something to get a benefit or advantage because it's a exploiting the game then don't. If you have malicious intent in mind then it's probably not okay to do. Like you showed moving the safety and DE around to exploit the blitzes. Now I wouldn't normally say that's not allowed because I know some people move players presnap and even line up out wide but you can tell when somebody is doing it because they know it's a exploit and when somebody just wants to move their safety down in the box or line up a little wide of the tackle. There's a difference.

I OU a Beatn
07-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Bad Bounce - Run the designed play? You should be able to break it off where the hole is not just follow it into a pack of people. If your playing and you see the lane is plugged up you should be able to break it off and try to make something out of nothing and pick up some yards. That's just football.

Agreed, I was thinking the same thing.

texacotea
07-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Agreed, I was thinking the same thing.

I dont think its just that, I think its meant for the ones who alway call a dive and bounce it outside no matter what. If the whole isnt closed or not. I understand that you run the ball to make plays and gain yards but I think its garbage to continue to bounce something outside because your back is faster than everyone. If its that why not run a toss?

I OU a Beatn
07-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Continually, yeah, it would be annoying. I wouldn't see a problem with it if they did it legitimately a few times due to the middle being plugged up. Of course, I'm fairly easy to get along with when it comes to straight play or east room play. Not a whole lot bothers me. That garbage where people snap the ball and immediately sprint back 20 yards is enough to make me want to strangle someone, though.

HawkFan
07-05-2011, 01:26 PM
See I was thinking the same thing when watching the video the first time. I thought about the play-action passes as well. But then I got to thinking I wonder if they meant it to the people who abuse the crap out of it. Like people who take every play-action pass, drop 15 yards and roll all the way to the sideline on the opposite end of the field before throwing. I like the video a lot and think of it as a guide that is showing you what could be considered cheese if you abuse the crap out of it.

HawkFan
07-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Continually, yeah, it would be annoying. I wouldn't see a problem with it if they did it legitimately a few times due to the middle being plugged up. Of course, I'm fairly easy to get along with when it comes to straight play or east room play. Not a whole lot bothers me. That garbage where people snap the ball and immediately sprint back 20 yards is enough to make me want to strangle someone, though.

I agree with this. It takes a lot for me to get ticked off at what others do with the game. I have always taken the stance that they bought it they can play it how they like. But don't get me wrong I play sim style and enjoy playing a sim style player a whole lot more than someone who finds flaws in the AI and exploits them over and over again. And like you the snap drop straight back 20 yards pisses me off, along with someone who seems to call the same defensive and offensive play all game without every calling something different.

AustinWolv
07-05-2011, 01:48 PM
I dont think its just that, I think its meant for the ones who alway call a dive and bounce it outside no matter what. If the whole isnt closed or not. I understand that you run the ball to make plays and gain yards but I think its garbage to continue to bounce something outside because your back is faster than everyone. If its that why not run a toss?

Willing to bet that is the intent, not that you have to run straight into a pile simply because the play art says to.

Lord Marshall X
07-08-2011, 01:03 PM
If you're ever in an online dynasty where someone has a 99 speed back and runs a dive in goaline and swerves to the outside every time you wouldn't like it either.

ram29jackson
07-08-2011, 01:25 PM
should have included- " dont do QB sneak at goal line either "

skipwondah33
07-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Great stuff man. Pretty cool showing the correct and incorrect ways regarding rules.

There is also the moving of multiple defenders around putting people in gaps for blitzes.

On the kicks both kicks were different they would have had to be the same I think to really show the correct way. Just my opinion though, again good stuff!

Cipher 8
07-09-2011, 08:04 PM
should have included- " dont do QB sneak at goal line either "

Umm why?

Seriously now you are taking it a little far. Teams do QB sneak on short yardage situations. I think you may be saying it's a exploit but honestly it's part of football. A QB should be able to just lean forward and keep driving his legs until the whistle blows. It's not the players fault how EA makes it work where he just dives forward. Half the time it's too short as is. I think it would better if the players went into a sorta scrum pile thing like you sometimes seen on a tackle when players would add on and push the pile. That way you could have a sorta of tug of war with the joy sticks or button taps or something but now we're getting too technical. I don't think a QB sneak in short yardage is something you should restrict though.

That's like saying. No Hail Mary's at the end of the game if your down by one score. Pfft...:fp:

JeffHCross
07-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Besides, the QB Sneak now only gets you about 6 feet against a 5+ man front. It's more of a risk than FB Dive, now.

ram29jackson
07-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Umm why?

Seriously now you are taking it a little far. Teams do QB sneak on short yardage situations. I think you may be saying it's a exploit but honestly it's part of football. A QB should be able to just lean forward and keep driving his legs until the whistle blows. It's not the players fault how EA makes it work where he just dives forward. Half the time it's too short as is. I think it would better if the players went into a sorta scrum pile thing like you sometimes seen on a tackle when players would add on and push the pile. That way you could have a sorta of tug of war with the joy sticks or button taps or something but now we're getting too technical. I don't think a QB sneak in short yardage is something you should restrict though.

That's like saying. No Hail Mary's at the end of the game if your down by one score. Pfft...:fp:

i'm basically talking about at the goal line.

um why?well, from what ive seen, the fact is, line play has never really been up to snuff in many years of this game and the players dont react to A qb just jutting forward for an easy score...now, he kind of falls forward and sometimes it doesnt work but for the most part on a AI and game design level its chinsy, easy thing to get away with..in head to head games I will not use it at all

no, its not comparable to -no hail mary at end of game either :)