PDA

View Full Version : Titanfall (XB1, 360, PC)

Pages : [1] 2

JBHuskers
06-29-2011, 02:20 PM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2776/13117364663_331b3e1d91_o.jpg

Amazon Purchase Links: Xbox One (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DB9JYFY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DB9JYFY&linkCode=as2&tag=thegamtai-20) - Xbox 360 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DC9SWWE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DC9SWWE&linkCode=as2&tag=thegamtai-20) - PC (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DC9T2J6/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DC9T2J6&linkCode=as2&tag=thegamtai-20) [Digital Download (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DTWEOZ8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DTWEOZ8&linkCode=as2&tag=thegamtai-20)]

For those who don't know the backstory:

Respawn Entertainment

On April 12, 2010 the LA Times reported that West and Zampella were forming a new independent gaming studio known as Respawn Entertainment. They are seeking funding from EA through the EA Partners Program. West and Zampella will incorporate the rights to all intellectual property produced by them in the future.[41][42][43] As of July 10, 2010, 38 of the 46 Infinity Ward employees who resigned from that studio following the firings of West and Zampella revealed through their LinkedIn and Facebook profiles that they had signed on with Respawn Entertainment.[31][44] According to comments by the employees, Respawn was expected to begin work on its first project in May 2010.[45]

And now for the blurry viral image of their first body of work:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2011/06/respawngameblurryimage530pxheaderimg.jpg

From Joystiq... (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/29/heres-the-first-very-blurry-image-of-respawn-entertainments/)

JBHuskers
06-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Is that a Brontosaurus in the middle? :D

gschwendt
06-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Is that a Brontosaurus in the middle? :D
Looks like at the base of that is some sort of bunker... I bet the tall part is some kind of communication tower.

I OU a Beatn
06-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Can't wait to see what it is. COD4 was one of the best online shooters I have ever played, and if Activision hadn't messed with MW2, it would've been even better. These guys definitely know what they're doing, so I can't wait to see what they have in store.

JBHuskers
06-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Looks like at the base of that is some sort of bunker... I bet the tall part is some kind of communication tower.

Now that I look at it again, yeah it does look like a quonset or something like that.

I OU a Beatn
04-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Potentially Exclusive to 360/Next Xbox (http://kotaku.com/the-next-gen-xbox-is-getting-a-hell-of-an-exclusive-so-484785241)

JBHuskers
04-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Nice bump this thread didn't have any action for nearly two years. :D

That will suck if it is next-gen XBOX only since I won't be getting it right away, if at all.

I OU a Beatn
04-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Doesn't really make any sense from EA's perspective, because they're missing out on Battlefield-like sales numbers more than likely. However, if you read further into the article, it mentioned that apparently several of Microsoft's next gen exclusives were cancelled, so it's quite possible Microsoft threw a TON of money EA's way. It'll be interesting to see nonetheless.

CLW
04-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Potentially Exclusive to 360/Next Xbox (http://kotaku.com/the-next-gen-xbox-is-getting-a-hell-of-an-exclusive-so-484785241)

That's o.k. you won't be able to play it for 2 weeks b/c the servers won't be able to handle the traffic. #DealWithIt :nod: Honestly, I don't get the whole FPS craze but they definitely sell tons of copies. Supply demand.

I OU a Beatn
04-29-2013, 07:52 PM
I love shooters, which is why most of my gaming time is spent on the 360. Granted, I've been playing NBA almost exclusively for the past month, but still, I love my sports and my shooters. That's where the 360 controller really shines.

But, if this is true, amazingly smart move on Microsoft's part. Shooters are probably the most popular genre and if they can have enough exclusive shooters, it could be enough to sway the upcoming generation in their favor. However, on the flip side, we've seen absolutely nothing about this game, so it could turn out to be a dud like Medal of Honor.

I OU a Beatn
06-06-2013, 11:39 AM
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/06/Titanfall-610x728.jpg

The debut title from Respawn Entertainment has been leaked ahead of a planned E3 reveal, thanks to the cover of the new Game Informer Magazine.

As originally pointed out by NeoGAF, digital subscribers with an Android device managed to download the cover image early, leading to the game being outed ahead of schedule.

The game is called Titanfall and will be coming to Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC according to the magazine. The NeoGAF poster also added that the title is set to be multiplayer-focused and use the Cloud heavily, while the Xbox 360 version is being developed by a different studio.

As you can see in the picture below, the image of a woman blasting a mech is accompanied by the text, "After a bitter split with Activision and Call of Duty Respawn debuts its bold vision for next-gen multiplayer."

There was speculation that the game would be called "Titan" after the company trademarked the name last month, though it seems this was slightly off. This does, however, partially confirm the rumour that the game will be Xbox exclusive as, while it will be appearing on PC, Sony's consoles look set to be skipped.

Respawn was founded by Infinity Ward co-founders Jason West and Vince Zampella back in 2010 after their departure from Infinity Ward. Previously, a blurry image was the only thing shown from Respawn’s game, though Zampella teased an upcoming E3 reveal back in February. In March, West left the company.

With E3 just around the corner, expect lots more on Titanfall following its official reveal.

Will be coming to 360, Xbox One, and PC. No mention of a Playstation release, so it looks like the rumors were true. Huge score for Microsoft if it actually ends up being a good game.

It's called Titanfall.

CLW
06-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Is this the game/team that got into a lawsuit with Activision? I don't recall how that lawsuit ended up but seem to remember reading they were looking for an injunction basically banning the team from making a game that would compete with COD.

JBHuskers
06-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Glad that it at least is coming to 360.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I OU a Beatn
06-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Glad that it at least is coming to 360.

Might want to think about that. Bold parts makes it seem like the 360 will be severely gimped:

- Xbox One, PC
- Xbox 360 version developed by someone else
- Planned to target current gen, but realized that they couldn't run it
- Started to look into next gen and the answer they got from Microsoft intrigued them
- They said they needed to focus on fewer hardware. In the future they are open to more. They don't specify if it would be this project or another.
- Plan to use Microsoft's Cloud for dedicated servers and physics and AI calculations
- Spring 2014 Release Date
- In my opinion it visually looks pretty nice.
- First person shooter
- "Mech" and ground combat
- "Mech's" are called Titans.
- They want these Titans to feel fast. They can dodge etc.
- If you don't want to pilot the Titan you can have it follow you, killing people as it goes along.
- Player characters are called Pilots
- They are extremely agile. Can run on walls, multiple jumps.
- They can take down Titans. Jumping on them and shooting the "brain".
- You need to be cunning as a pilot. "Hit and fade" tactics is the term the game director uses.
- Pilots come equipped with a variety of weapons. Pistol, Assault Rifle, Anti-Titan Rocket Launcher, data knife used to hack AI characters into joining you.
- There are AI enemies on the maps.
- You survive longer than in COD. Making it more welcoming to newcomers.
- Source Engine. Building new engine = too much time.
- Source gives them 60 fps
- Rewrote aspects of it for next gen
- Article talks about the process of forming the team, being fired, prototyping ideas etc. I recommend reading it.
- Going for a District 9 or Blade Runner vibe.
- Integrate memorable single player moments into a multiplayer game.
- Storytelling style will be more Left 4 Dead.
- Humans segregated between Earth and frontier planets. Corporation trying to take the resources of these frontier people.

-Unlimited dedicated servers
-"a few dozen AI running around doing all the cool things that they are doing"
-handles "all the complex physics calculations"
-quicker, more accurate matchmaking

"This game wouldn't be possible without it. We wouldn't have even attempted to do it." (Respawn)

JBHuskers
06-07-2013, 12:01 AM
Bleh

I OU a Beatn
06-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Dream shooter confirmed:

Following a demonstration of Titanfall at E3, EA's Craig Owens confirmed that the game will have dedicated servers on all platforms – PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

"We're using Microsoft's cloud compute initiative to run all our servers for it, so it's all running on dedicated servers," Owens said. "We'll spin up and spin down servers as necessary, and it'll do all the AI hosting and physics calculations and all matchmaking and all of that good stuff. It's all dedicated servers, all the time."

SmoothPancakes
06-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Fuck. Yes.

CLW
06-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Titanfall confirmed for Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360

http://stevivor.com/2013/06/titanfall-confirmed-for-xbox-one-ps4-xbox-360/ (http://stevivor.com/2013/06/titanfall-confirmed-for-xbox-one-ps4-xbox-360/)

Seems to be conflicting reports on whether there is going to be a PS4 game or not.

I OU a Beatn
06-11-2013, 07:20 PM
I think he meant "PC" instead of PS4. There's an insider that says it's a one year exclusive, but that was never confirmed, either. As it stands, only on Xbox platforms and PC.

CLW
06-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Yep no PS4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIyAk_ATxec

morsdraconis
06-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Meh. Just another boring shooter. At least they finally got their heads out of their asses and brought back (fuckin' sad that they ever got rid of them) dedicated servers.

I OU a Beatn
07-05-2013, 01:34 AM
Really good article about how Titanfall utilizes Microsoft's cloud to improve online gaming and matchmaking:

Hi everyone! I’m Jon Shiring, and I’m an engineer working with the Cloud technology that you’ve heard about for Respawn’s game Titanfall. I have seen a lot of confusion online and I think it’s worth explaining more about what we’re doing on Titanfall and also more generally about Cloud computing and dedicated servers.

First, let’s take a step back and dive into the common multiplayer design and talk about why Dedicated Servers are better.

Player-Hosted Servers

The vast majority of games will pick a player and have them act as the server for the match. This means that all of the other players talk to them to decide what happens in a game. When you shoot your gun, the server decides if that is allowed and then tells everyone what you hit. Let’s agree to call this system “player-hosted” for simplicity.

What kinds of problems do you get with player-hosted servers?

What if one player has great bandwidth, but it’s laggy? Games are having to choose between different player hosts, and have to make hard decisions about which one should be the host, with two different measurements – bandwidth and latency. Sometimes it will pick a host who has good bandwidth, but whose latency isn’t ideal. But we don’t want the game to make compromises on lag and we really want the game to feel the same every time we play. We really don’t want to worry about this stuff – we just want to play and have the game feel good.

What about host advantage? The player-host has the game running locally on their machine, so they get super low latency access to the game world. You’ve probably seen this in action as some player seems to see you long before you get to see them or their bullets hit you before yours hit them. That sucks. Nobody should have an artificial advantage in a competitive multiplayer game.

What if the player-host is a cheater? Since the host gets to make decisions about kills, XP, and unlocks and such, it’s really bad if they abuse their power to wipe out your stats, or they cheat by flying around maps and insta-killing people. It’s infuriating, in fact.

What if the host disconnects? In the “best case” for this, you can do host migration if there’s another player who has enough bandwidth and everyone else can talk to them. If you hit that jackpot, you can migrate from the old host to the new one, which pauses the game and then unpauses when the new player-host is ready to start acting as the server. This isn’t a fun process, and it can fail.

What if the host’s bandwidth disappears? The game tested the host’s bandwidth at some point and decided that they had enough to host. But someone at their house is now torrenting files and their roommate is streaming Netflix. That “great” bandwidth the game detected earlier is now awful bandwidth, and the other players are lagging halfway through a match.

What if some players can’t talk to the host? You know all that “Open NAT” stuff? Your home internet router is generally trying really hard to keep bad people out, and games are sort of a weird case where the game is trying to get your router to cooperate and let other players create connections INTO your network. Games need to check if every player can talk to the host and if one can’t then that host won’t work. It makes matchmaking slower, and we hate that. Also, by telling you to open up your router, the game is asking you to reduce the security of your home network in order to make the game work. It would be great if you didn’t have to compromise your security in order to play games.

What if nobody has enough bandwidth? You got a great group of players together, but nobody has enough bandwidth to actually host a game. You can work around this by compromising your matchmaking a little to make sure that each lobby has a player in it that can be a host. But we don’t actually want compromised matchmaking, so this isn’t a good fix.

What about players who are paying for their bandwidth or have bandwidth caps? If you have a bandwidth cap on your home internet connection, or even worse, you’re paying for your bandwidth, what happens when you play a game and later find out that the game thought you were an awesome host? Your home internet connection is now slow or you have a huge bill waiting.

So if I’m hosting, my machine is doing all this extra work on behalf of everyone else? Yes! You are doing more work on your CPU than all of the other players are. This means the game isn’t as cool looking as it could be and everyone else has extra CPU just sitting there. Or worse, their game actually looks better than yours! We think the game should be consistent on every machine in a match. Don’t punish the host with a worse game or leave all of that extra CPU sitting empty on the other players machines.
Okay, so player-hosted servers have a lot of downsides. So why do so many games use them? They have one really big upside – it doesn’t cost money to run the servers! Running hundreds of thousands of servers can be extremely expensive. EXTREMELY expensive. Like “oh my god we can’t afford that” expensive. So your player experience gets compromised to save (large amounts of) money.
Dedicated Servers

Dedicated servers are when a computer sitting out on the internet handles all of the host duties, leaving every client free to just be a client.

You can get even more CPU on your dedicated servers to do new things like dozens of AI and giant autopilot titans!
Suddenly you have no more host advantage!
Bandwidth for the servers is guaranteed from the hosting provider!
You can use all of the available CPU and memory on the player machines for awesome visuals and audio!
Hacked-host cheating isn’t an issue!
Matchmaking can be lightning fast since it’s guaranteed that everyone can connect to your servers.
And since the servers aren’t going to go disconnect to watch Netflix, you don’t need to migrate hosts anymore!
The player experience is so much better. This sounds awesome!

But it costs a LOT of money.

This is something I have worked on for years now, since coming to Respawn. A developer like Respawn doesn’t have the kind of weight to get a huge price cut from places like Amazon or Rackspace. And we don’t have the manpower to manage literally hundreds-of-thousands of servers ourselves. We want to focus on making awesome games, not on becoming giant worldwide server hosting providers. The more time I can spend on making our actual game better, the more our players benefit.

I personally talked to both Microsoft and Sony and explained that we need to find a way to have potentially hundreds-of-thousands of dedicated servers at a price point that you can’t get right now. Microsoft realized that player-hosted servers are actually holding back online gaming and that this is something that they could help solve, and ran full-speed with this idea.

The Xbox group came back to us with a way for us to run all of these Titanfall dedicated servers and that lets us push games with more server CPU and higher bandwidth, which lets us have a bigger world, more physics, lots of AI, and potentially a lot more than that!

What is the Cloud?

Amazon has a cloud that powers websites. Sony has a cloud that streams game video so you can play a game that you don’t have on your machine. Now Xbox Live has a cloud that somehow powers games. Cloud doesn’t seem to actually mean anything anymore, or it has so many meanings that it’s useless as a marketing word.

Let me explain this simply: when companies talk about their cloud, all they are saying is that they have a huge amount of servers ready to run whatever you need them to run. That’s all.

So what is this Xbox Live Cloud stuff then?

Microsoft has a cloud service called Azure (it’s a real thing – you can go on their website right now and pay for servers and use them to run whatever you want). Microsoft realized that they could use that technology to solve our problem.

So they built this powerful system to let us create all sorts of tasks that they will run for us, and it can scale up and down automatically as players come and go. We can upload new programs for them to run and they handle the deployment for us. And they’ll host our game servers for other platforms, too! Titanfall uses the Xbox Live Cloud to run dedicated servers for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.

But it’s not just for dedicated servers – Microsoft thought about our problem in a bigger way. Developers aren’t going to just want dedicated servers – they’ll have all kinds of features that need a server to do some kind of work to make games better. Look at Forza 5, which studies your driving style in order to create custom AI that behaves like you do. That’s totally different from what Titanfall uses it for, and it’s really cool! So it’s not accurate to say that the Xbox Live Cloud is simply a system for running dedicated servers – it can do a lot more than that.

How is this different from other dedicated servers?

With the Xbox Live Cloud, we don’t have to worry about estimating how many servers we’ll need on launch day. We don’t have to find ISPs all over the globe and rent servers from each one. We don’t have to maintain the servers or copy new builds to every server. That lets us focus on things that make our game more fun. And best yet, Microsoft has datacenters all over the world, so everyone playing our game should have a consistent, low latency connection to their local datacenter.

Most importantly to us, Microsoft priced it so that it’s far more affordable than other hosting options – their goal here is to get more awesome games, not to nickel-and-dime developers. So because of this, dedicated servers are much more of a realistic option for developers who don’t want to make compromises on their player experience, and it opens up a lot more things that we can do in an online game.

Wrapping up…

This is a really big deal, and it can make online games better. This is something that we are really excited about. The Xbox Live Cloud lets us to do things in Titanfall that no player-hosted multiplayer game can do. That has allowed us to push the boundaries in online multiplayer and that’s awesome. We want to try new ideas and let the player do things they’ve never been able to do before! Over time, I expect that we’ll be using these servers to do a lot more than just dedicated servers. This is something that’s going to let us drive all sorts of new ideas in online games for years to come.

I know this got pretty technical and long-winded, so I thank you for reading this far. Hopefully I’ve cleared some things up, and you can see why I’m so excited about what Microsoft has done here and how it is letting us do awesome new things for our game. I’ll see you online in the spring to play some Titanfall on our dedicated servers!

JBHuskers
08-07-2013, 12:39 PM
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/e5/b9/e5b94d8e4608c669411fca2bbb0cc34e.jpg?itok=vrSLmDbk

I OU a Beatn
08-07-2013, 12:46 PM
These game cases are going to be the ugliest damn things ever. That green is horrible, and Sony's blue is just as bad. Some random user made this and it's a billion times better:

http://i.imgur.com/aUdKCvY.jpg

I like the cover, but that green...

SCClassof93
08-07-2013, 12:51 PM
These game cases are going to be the ugliest damn things ever. That green is horrible, and Sony's blue is just as bad. Some random user made this and it's a billion times better:

http://i.imgur.com/aUdKCvY.jpg

I like the cover, but that green...

More first world problems :D

I OU a Beatn
08-07-2013, 01:11 PM
I honestly don't think that would even qualify as a first world problem. :D

Still, I'm going to have to stare at ugly ass bright green and blue cases in my collection. I might just have to start editing/printing my own.

JBHuskers
08-07-2013, 01:12 PM
I stare at them for 5 seconds when I switch games out of the console. It could be hot pink for all I care.

SCClassof93
08-07-2013, 01:15 PM
I stare at them for 5 seconds when I switch games out of the console. It could be hot pink for all I care.

:hmm::eyeroll::whistle:

SCClassof93
08-07-2013, 01:15 PM
I honestly don't think that would even qualify as a first world problem. :D

Still, I'm going to have to stare at ugly ass bright green and blue cases in my collection. I might just have to start editing/printing my own.

Yeah, a real first world problem is someone not answering my pms :hmm:

JBHuskers
08-07-2013, 01:27 PM
:hmm::eyeroll::whistle:

Quit hoping.

SCClassof93
08-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Quit hoping.

Don't confuse me with your PSU "buddies" :D

I OU a Beatn
08-07-2013, 01:45 PM

With that Hannah Montana platinum on your account, I'd have to assume that you would PREFER it. :P :D :D

Yeah, a real first world problem is someone not answering my pms :hmm:

I answer all my PMs. Did you send me one? I don't have any new ones.

I OU a Beatn
08-07-2013, 01:47 PM
PC version (it's perfect):

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/08/titanfPC.jpg

I OU a Beatn
08-20-2013, 02:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzYDrzk1xs4

Easily the best looking next gen so far as far as I'm concerned. 2014 is just LOADED so far with shooters for the Xbox. Titanfall, Halo, Destiny, new Call of Duty, etc...

skipwondah33
08-20-2013, 02:23 PM
This is one of the game's I'd love to have a One for

The 1st BioShock was the same way

...definitely want a One by the time this releases. For shooters period

I OU a Beatn
08-22-2013, 06:34 PM
From IGN:

I played Titanfall, and I loved it.

I haven’t been this genuinely giddy after experiencing a much-anticipated game for the first time since E3 2004, when I initially got my hands on Halo 2 multiplayer in CTF matches on Zanzibar. That year, I kept going back to Microsoft’s appointment-only booth again and again, begging the PR reps to sneak me in on their packed schedule so I could have one more turn. And that’s exactly what I’m doing with Titanfall here at Gamescom.

Vince Zampella and Respawn Entertainment’s fast-action on-foot/in-mech first-person shooter lives up to the hype through its brilliant feel for pacing and keen sense for balance in all offensive and defensive aspects. But how is it so enrapturing? When it was first unveiled at E3, its action was so frantic that it was almost too much for my eyeballs to process.

It is, in fact, that “almost” that holds the secret to its genius.

You almost never stop moving in Titanfall. Ever. You walk, you run, you jump, you double jump, you wall run. You hop in your Titan mech. You dash in your Titan. You do all of those things in a row or in various combinations. Then you’ve got your objective. And don’t forget about summoning your Titan once it’s ready. It’s a lot to process. In fact, it’s borderline sensory overload…borderline. Somehow, Titanfall confidently walks the line between holding your attention and making your head explode. In short, you’re always on the edge of your seat, almost ready to fall off. But you never will, nor will you ever slouch down comfortably.

Call of Duty players will be right at home here. The core feel is similar, though my initial impression is that using the iron sights in Titanfall isn’t nearly as critical to success as it is in the Modern Warfare series Zampella left behind. And everything is free and easy in the heat of the moment, too. You won’t have to fiddle with any clumsy QTE rituals in order to do cool things like hop on the back of an enemy Titan and begin shooting its brains out. Instead, a simple press of the jump button from behind your gigantic foe (it was the spacebar during my PC hands-on) automatically clambers you up onto its shoulders, where you’re free to start tearing into its fiber optic neurons until it explodes. Same goes for the wall-running and double-jumping too. Just aim, jump, and/or move in the desired direction and the game instantly translates it into a badass move. And to be clear, you still have full control over your actions; you’re still playing the game rather than watching it play itself. It’s that Titanfall’s hero movements are intuitive, just as they should be.

Multiple loadouts are on tap for both your soldier and your Titan. The standard assault grunt gets a CoD-esque machine gun along with a smart pistol and an anti-Titan ballistic firearm to wield when necessary. The CQC kit, meanwhile, includes a potent semi-automatic shotgun that’s fatal at close range but, naturally, almost useless from farther away. It’s also packing a shoulder-mounted rocket launcher that serves as a capable anti-Titan piece. It must be aimed down the sights, where it will lock in on your target.

But my favorite was the tactical loadout, solely because of the giggle-inducing Smart Pistol. Keep up to three enemies in your sights at once and you’ll lock onto them all, meaning one trigger pull will result in three one-shot-kill headshots – even if your targets duck around a corner, since the bullets curve. At one point I managed to get behind five rivals who’d just spawned in, and so I had plenty of time to lock in on three, pull the trigger, then hold steady again until I got the second lock-on, at which time I fired again and dropped the other two. Five kills in about five seconds! The trade-off, if you’re wondering, is that the lock-on takes a few moments – more than enough time to get gunned down if you’re staring down an armed opponent.

The Titans, meanwhile, have similar outfitting choices. I didn’t care much for the first class’s giant automatic rifle, but I had a ball with its magnetic field ability that lets you stop incoming ballistics like Neo in The Matrix and then fling them back at their point of origin. I had a nice kill streak with the missile launcher-launcher-equipped Titan, who chewed through infantry but would quickly be taken down by a fellow Titan who could either dodge your rockets or, as would sometimes happen, if I’d simply sometimes miss.

The end takeaway from my initial impression of Titanfall is that it’s a rush – right down to the post-match Epilogue mode that saw the victors try to hunt down and kill the losers as the latter attempted to flee to a dropship and escape the battlefield.

Of course, there was no way I was going to pick up on all of Titanfall’s little tricks and nuances in just a few play sessions, and sure enough I learned of a couple more slick features once I spoke with producer Drew McCoy after my demo. He informed me that you don’t have to hop in your Titan as soon as it’s summoned, which I’d just assumed was the best course of action. Instead, you can use it as an autonomous robot, like Tony Stark’s army of Mark suits in Iron Man 3. In other words, it can be ordered to guard an area – like, say, an objective – while you run off to a sniper’s perch or employ some other strategy. It can also serve as a watchdog to follow you around and defend you while you take care of other business, like some sort of 20-foot-tall metallic pet. And if the enemy Titan I boarded had been wise enough to deploy its electric smoke grenade, I’d have fallen dead off of its shoulder to the ground like a mosquito in a bug-zapper.

Clearly, Call of Duty co-creator Zampella holds the magic formula to this type of game in his head – the Coca-Cola recipe of first-person shooters, if you will. It’s vital that he somehow translate it into words, write it down, and secure it in a safe somewhere in case (god forbid) anything ever happens to him, because what he does to multiplayer FPSes is something the gaming world should never lose.

This is Microsoft’s killer app. You will buy an Xbox One for Titanfall, and you should. Sure, you’d have a good time with it on PC if you’ve got a capable rig, but your couch and the Xbox Live community will be the ecosystem it’s best enjoyed in. It likely won’t decimate Call of Duty’s market share anytime soon – particularly since it’s a platform exclusive – but once Titanfall releases this spring, I guarantee you that word will spread amongst the hardcore CoD community. “Have you seen Titanfall?” they’ll say. And little by little – or maybe in droves, who knows? – they will flock to Titanfall, and they will never go back. Not after this. Titanfall is the next great evolution of the twitch-action first-person shooter. Believe the hype.

Called it when I first saw it at E3. This is going to be *the* shooter next gen. I'm really bummed out it's not a launch title, but I guess I'll have to manage to hold in my water until spring of next year. The only possible thing that could ruin it would be lag and host advantage, and considering it's on dedicated servers, that problem never even enters the equation. I'm just hopeful they support it long term with new maps.

CLW
08-28-2013, 06:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsdNrv3fOLA

gschwendt
09-06-2013, 07:46 AM

SmoothPancakes
10-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Release date has been announced. Coming out March 11 (NA) and March 13 (EU).

http://majornelson.com/2013/10/22/standby-for-titanfall-coming-march-11na-and-13eu-2014/

Also announced, a Collectors Edition. The 18" Titan statue looks sweet (does come with light up LEDs), BUT, the suggested retail price is an insane $249.99! Fuck that! I'll be sticking with the standard edition of the game.

http://store.titanfall.com/skin/frontend/rebase/titanfall/images/ce/xtitanfall-groupshot.jpg.pagespeed.ic.KNjHJ7np0K.jpg

http://store.titanfall.com/skin/frontend/rebase/titanfall/images/ce/xtitanfall-statue001.png.pagespeed.ic.iHVi4DtPdY.png

morsdraconis
10-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Not gonna lie, that statue looks badass...

I OU a Beatn
10-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I already ordered the $250 version. I can't say no to something of that quality and with that kind of attention to detail. Hopefully it turns out to be somewhat limited. If not, I'll just cancel close to launch and get the regular version.

March can't come soon enough.

JBHuskers
10-22-2013, 04:54 PM
For $250, that statue better give good head.

I OU a Beatn
10-22-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm going to love to see the eBay prices if this thing turns out to be limited and sells out quickly. Guaranteed if they sell out quick there's going to be people trying to flip theirs for a grand.

oweb26
10-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Yeah IOU 250 is kinda steep! I don't care how much people are asking for it online from other people.

I OU a Beatn
10-22-2013, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't even sell mine, I'm just interested in how high they get if they are indeed limited. I WANT mine. :D

CLW
10-22-2013, 05:15 PM
$250 for a game is just silly. These "limited" editions are like baseball cards in that they are limited to only hundreds of thousands. But hey if that floats your boat more power to you.

oweb26
10-22-2013, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't even sell mine, I'm just interested in how high they get if they are indeed limited. I WANT mine. :D

Hey its your money......you either earned it or stole it so what you do with it is no business of my own.

250.00 for a game is way more than I would pay personally thats all im saying.

I OU a Beatn
10-22-2013, 05:38 PM
$250 for a game is just silly. These "limited" editions are like baseball cards in that they are limited to only hundreds of thousands. But hey if that floats your boat more power to you.

In most cases, yes. In some cases, they are actually limited in production, and those often go for big bucks on eBay. A recent one is The Last of Us Post-Pandemic Edition, or whatever the one with the statue was called. Those things were selling for $500 on eBay all day. There was also some code inside one of the Halo special editions that was going for over $100 on eBay just for some stupid in game armor. No shit.

I don't sell mine, but rather just buy the nice ones for my media room, but they definitely go for a nice profit when they're limited in production.

Hey its your money......you either earned it or stole it so what you do with it is no business of my own.

250.00 for a game is way more than I would pay personally thats all im saying.

It's not for everyone. Personally, if they don't sell out of them within a few weeks, I'm going to take that as them not being all that limited, and then cancelling and picking it up later when it goes on sale.

CLW
10-22-2013, 05:55 PM
In most cases, yes. In some cases, they are actually limited in production, and those often go for big bucks on eBay. A recent one is The Last of Us Post-Pandemic Edition, or whatever the one with the statue was called. Those things were selling for $500 on eBay all day. There was also some code inside one of the Halo special editions that was going for over $100 on eBay just for some stupid in game armor. No shit.

I don't sell mine, but rather just buy the nice ones for my media room, but they definitely go for a nice profit when they're limited in production.

It's not for everyone. Personally, if they don't sell out of them within a few weeks, I'm going to take that as them not being all that limited, and then cancelling and picking it up later when it goes on sale.

Do you keep the statutes and "props" out as decorations for the room? That might be cool to have a video game man cave but my man cave is full of :Duke: and Conservative Propaganda so no room for video game stuff in the current setup. :nod:

I OU a Beatn
10-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Do you keep the statutes and "props" out as decorations for the room? That might be cool to have a video game man cave but my man cave is full of :Duke: and Conservative Propaganda so no room for video game stuff in the current setup. :nod:

Yeah, I don't have a ton of stuff, but the stuff that I do have I just display with all my sports collectibles. The only ones I have displayed now are the Bioshock Infinite songbird thing, Borderlands 2 thing, and then the statues for Gears of War and Assassin's Creed 3. I probably have some other stuff boxed up, but I've kind of stopped buying them as much as I used to. The lack of me buying them is mostly due to the trend of them including pure junk. The Last of Us had a REALLY nice one, but that thing sold out super quick and my GS never ended up getting my order shipped in, so I got screwed out of that one.

SmoothPancakes
10-23-2013, 03:58 AM
Man that kills. Like all of you, I really like that statue, I'd love to have that thing sitting on my entertainment center. But for $250? I just can't bite at that price. $500 next month for the Xbox One. At least $240 on four main games in November and/or December. Then to turn around and shell out another $250 just for one game solely to get a statue. My wallet would be crying by that point. Right now, I'm hoping that it won't be a truly limited edition, and going the same route as Beatn, pick it up on sale sometime later down the road.

oweb26
10-23-2013, 05:16 AM
Well my wifes car just bit the dust so no console for me at this moment now!!! :(

She as happy as a pig in slop though! She has a new car.

cdj
10-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Per Electronic Arts Q2 2014 Earnings Conference Call: Titanfall will be exclusive to XB1 & 360 "for the life of the product."

CLW
10-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Per Electronic Arts Q2 2014 Earnings Conference Call: Titanfall will be exclusive to XB1 & 360 "for the life of the product."

Well allot of EA's products have "died" recently so your sayin' there's a chance..... :nod:

I OU a Beatn
10-29-2013, 06:10 PM

EA being the EA we all know and love.

cdj
01-15-2014, 10:26 AM
Limited Edition Titanfall Xbox One Controller:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeB1dxCCMAAJETz.png

JBHuskers
01-15-2014, 10:45 AM
That is all sorts of ugly.

I just like the plain black controllers.

AustinWolv
01-15-2014, 11:22 AM
Likely going to have my XB1 tomorrow, so Titanfall is now on my active radar. :)

I OU a Beatn
01-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Holy balls. I need that. NOW.

I OU a Beatn
01-15-2014, 05:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1KwU2yh.jpg

Mm.

I OU a Beatn
01-16-2014, 12:17 AM
Check your email. I just got an email from EA to register for an alpha trial for Titanfall. IT'S COMING!

Xbox One only it looks like.

I OU a Beatn
01-16-2014, 03:01 PM
Per numerous EA reps, this is a stress test for the servers and other technical issues. Also, according to numerous reps, codes will be sent out tonight/tomorrow and it starts tomorrow. I swear, if I'm playing Titanfall tomorrow...:drool:

CLW
01-16-2014, 05:25 PM
I'll bet anyone willing Titanfall has MAJOR server issues at launch if the hype for this game keeps up.

I OU a Beatn
01-16-2014, 08:25 PM
I'm shocked.

CLW
01-17-2014, 06:19 AM
I'm shocked.

Wanna lose another bet?

AustinWolv
01-17-2014, 08:50 AM
Wanna lose another bet?

Troll, troll, troll. What?!! (http://m.joystiq.com/2014/01/16/december-npd-xbox-one-leads-december-ps4-cumulative-leader-i/?post=1&icid=joystiq_home_latest_art) Sell-in vs. sell-through trick. Troll, troll, troll.

I OU a Beatn
01-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Wanna lose another bet?

You mean where I'm right, you're wrong, and you spew "I WON AGAIN, CLW -594 IOU -0" hoping everyone forgets that you're the one who was wrong? Nah, I'm truly not interested. I'm just flabbergasted that you feel the need to try to troll an Xbox One exclusive THAT YOU COULDN'T EVEN FUCKING PLAY ANYWAY. :D

CLW
01-17-2014, 11:35 AM
You mean where I'm right, you're wrong, and you spew "I WON AGAIN, CLW -594 IOU -0" hoping everyone forgets that you're the one who was wrong? Nah, I'm truly not interested. I'm just flabbergasted that you feel the need to try to troll an Xbox One exclusive THAT YOU COULDN'T EVEN FUCKING PLAY ANYWAY. :D

PC with my PS4 controller. :nod:

I OU a Beatn
01-17-2014, 11:46 AM
PC with my PS4 controller. :nod:

Not what I meant. I mean that you can't play first person shooters without getting sick, especially one like this that is non stop action.

I OU a Beatn
01-17-2014, 06:41 PM
Played for about 4 hours today. I can't go into detail, but I'll say this: I understood why Microsoft forked over the massive amount of money for exclusivity after about 3 minutes of game play. It's nothing short of amazing. My only potential concern(and it was a small one) was the connection quality. I've been playing non stop since it launched this afternoon and haven't had a single problem connecting or staying connected to games and you can certainly tell it's on dedicated servers because it's just butter smooth 100% of the time.

Those of you waiting on this to drop are in for a treat.

bdoughty
01-19-2014, 05:18 AM
This is every person on the internet who tells EA to **** off and promises to never play their games again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2ifYunhT7s#t=0

Wait for it...

Game Junky's
8 hours ago
Thanks to all who watched, liked, disliked, commented and subbed. Thanks to you guys I got my beta key!! Happy gaming.

:fp: The crying like a baby on youtube until someone gives the spoiled bastard a freaking beta key. He loves him some EA now. :fp:

CLW
01-19-2014, 07:48 AM
LMAO the spitting of dip in the middle of dropping the 10,000th F bomb.

I OU a Beatn
01-19-2014, 12:06 PM
Can't believe some moron actually gave him a code.

SmoothPancakes
01-19-2014, 01:24 PM
Can't believe some moron actually gave him a code.

Agreed. Would have rather had that whiny bitch not get a code and hate EA. :fp:

I OU a Beatn
01-27-2014, 07:54 PM

If rumors are to be believed, it'll run from 2/14 to 2/19. I can't wait to get my hands on it some more. Truly amazing game play.

cdj
02-04-2014, 06:36 AM
Direct Message to I OU a Beatn: Thought you might like to know about these items.

Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA) and acclaimed independent videogame developer Respawn Entertainment today announced a full line of licensed products celebrating the upcoming release of Titanfall™.

Providing players new ways to engage and connect with the Titanfall brand, a wide range of licensed merchandise will be available including the Titanfall standard and collector’s edition strategy guides from Prima Games, premium gaming peripherals from Turtle Beach and MadCatz, apparel from Jinx! and Level Up Wear and Titan constructions sets from K’NEX. The full line of Titanfall licensed products consists of:

1. Turtle Beach Xbox One Headset

2. MadCatz PC gaming peripherals including Keyboard, Xbox 360 headset, PC/MAC/Smart Device Headset, Mouse and Mouse Pad

3. Prima Standard and Collector’s Edition Strategy Guides

4. Titan Publishing Art Book

5. JINX! Apparel & Accessories

6. Level Up Wear Apparel and Accessories

7. Posters by Trends and GB Eye

8. EP Memory USB Drives and Cases

9. K’NEX Construction Sets

JBHuskers
02-04-2014, 11:39 AM
360 version was outsourced. Hopefully it's still worth getting.

I OU a Beatn
02-04-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a direct port, so I doubt there will be many issues. I'm sure it wont look as good as the Xbox One and PC versions, but I don't think anyone is going to give a shit what it looks like when they see how good the game play and connection quality is.

I OU a Beatn
02-06-2014, 08:50 PM
360 version delayed 2 weeks to March 25.

CLW
02-11-2014, 08:44 PM
$250 collector's edition. Get yours now.....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DB9JYFY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DB9JYFY&linkCode=as2&tag=homeslot-20

I OU a Beatn
02-11-2014, 09:22 PM
That was posted on page 2 back in October. I've had mine reserved since then as well.

Signup for closed beta started today. Sign up here for PC or Xbox One (http://www.titanfall.com/beta)

It's amazing. If you like FPS, you owe it to yourself to give it a try.

AustinWolv
02-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Registered, along with probably most people with a pulse.

SmoothPancakes
02-11-2014, 09:36 PM
That was posted on page 2 back in October. I've had mine reserved since then as well.

Signup for closed beta started today. Sign up here for PC or Xbox One (http://www.titanfall.com/beta)

It's amazing. If you like FPS, you owe it to yourself to give it a try.

Yeah, that's REEEAAALLL old news. That statue is badass, but after the nearly thousands of dollars I've spent since November, between an Xbox One, and, without turning on my Xbox One to see just how many digital games I've purchased since December) between 7-10 games, I'm tapped out right now. $250 for the statue is just too steep for me. I'm gonna settle for the regular version of Titanfall and also snatch up Thief later this month.

I OU a Beatn
02-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Beta trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gxpGG5nH7Y&feature=youtu.be

At 0:18, it makes me miss my favorite part of the game, ripping someone out of their Titan and tossing their ass across the war zone. I need more Titanfall.

I OU a Beatn
02-14-2014, 03:44 AM
It's stupid how fun this game is. I should have an extra beta code over the next day or so in case anyone needs it.

SmoothPancakes
02-14-2014, 05:29 AM
How soon should we start seeing the beta stuff showing up in our email? I haven't seen anything pop up yet.

I OU a Beatn
02-14-2014, 08:38 AM
I got one extra for Xbox One, who wants it?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
02-14-2014, 09:21 AM
I'm good, I just got my code for the beta. Email showed up at 9:51 this morning.

AustinWolv
02-14-2014, 11:14 AM
No email here yet. Might need that extra code....

I OU a Beatn
02-14-2014, 11:41 AM
We're going to have to get a party together sometime this weekend. I played most of the day yesterday and it seems everyone wants to play this game like it's Call of Duty. :fp:

SmoothPancakes
02-14-2014, 12:06 PM
Hot damn, this game is fun! Went through the training sessions and just finished my first game of Attrition. Had no clue exactly what the hell I was doing (and was often getting shot from people I couldn't see), but I had a blast. Got my Titan in twice in the short period the game lasted and rampaged with it. Going head to head with two Titans is damn fun. :D

Biggest thing for me is getting used to being able to double jump and run walls and stuff. I'm so used to just fighting it out in streets like with every other shooter, I forget that we can double jump, run/climb walls and get on top of buildings to get better vantage points for shooting. I was able to either weaken or destroy one Titan with my pilot's anti-Titan gun from on top of a building, so it definitely pays to get up top. Gonna have to put in a lot of time on this to get used to the new things in Titanfall (whereas with most FPS, you can just pick it up and go to town if you're used to FPS games) and start familiarizing myself with maps so I can at least be semi-decent when the actual game launches.

CLW
02-14-2014, 12:13 PM

ME ME!!! :nod:

JBHuskers
02-14-2014, 12:27 PM

Can you put me on a payment plan :D

I OU a Beatn
02-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Hot damn, this game is fun! Went through the training sessions and just finished my first game of Attrition. Had no clue exactly what the hell I was doing (and was often getting shot from people I couldn't see), but I had a blast. Got my Titan in twice in the short period the game lasted and rampaged with it. Going head to head with two Titans is damn fun. :D

Biggest thing for me is getting used to being able to double jump and run walls and stuff. I'm so used to just fighting it out in streets like with every other shooter, I forget that we can double jump, run/climb walls and get on top of buildings to get better vantage points for shooting. I was able to either weaken or destroy one Titan with my pilot's anti-Titan gun from on top of a building, so it definitely pays to get up top. Gonna have to put in a lot of time on this to get used to the new things in Titanfall (whereas with most FPS, you can just pick it up and go to town if you're used to FPS games) and start familiarizing myself with maps so I can at least be semi-decent when the actual game launches.

Yeah, the wall running and stuff really takes awhile to get used to. On Angel City, I can pretty much get from one end of the map to the other while hardly touching the ground. What's shocking to me is all the stuff that is happening on the screen and it somehow maintains a buttery 60 FPS and has absolutely no lag whatsoever.

I can tell you right now, from now on if an online shooter doesn't have dedicated servers, I'm not touching it. I simply can't go back to those lag infested games after feeling how good Titanfall feels.

SmoothPancakes
02-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Yeah, the wall running and stuff really takes awhile to get used to. On Angel City, I can pretty much get from one end of the map to the other while hardly touching the ground. What's shocking to me is all the stuff that is happening on the screen and it somehow maintains a buttery 60 FPS and has absolutely no lag whatsoever.

I can tell you right now, from now on if an online shooter doesn't have dedicated servers, I'm not touching it. I simply can't go back to those lag infested games after feeling how good Titanfall feels.

Oh hell yeah, I didn't even notice it at the time, but damn, no lag at all and perfectly fine FPS. It ran beautifully, no hang ups at all. I agree, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to go back to non-dedicated servers on a game after just my short time with the Titanfall beta.

AustinWolv
02-14-2014, 03:11 PM

That is the amazing thing watching the online vids......a true 360deg environment that I think a lot of people will take some getting used to.

I OU a Beatn
02-14-2014, 04:47 PM
Apparently all the people logging on already downed some of the servers. Holy shit. :D

I OU a Beatn
02-14-2014, 09:35 PM
This is the reason why every game should have a beta. A little bug on Microsoft's end basically disabled online features for an entire day. It would've been a pretty big issue if this happened during the launch of the actual game. I'm seeing some reports that it's back online now, but I still can't log in.

SmoothPancakes
02-15-2014, 03:50 PM
Alright, just got an email with another beta code. Let me know who wants it.

I OU a Beatn
02-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Pretty sure all the resident Xbox One owners already have one. I sent Austin one yesterday. Maybe Bdoughty will want to give it a try.

Canes Fan
02-15-2014, 04:52 PM
Smoove could I get that one? Thanks.

SmoothPancakes
02-15-2014, 05:55 PM
You have Xbox One right? The code I have for is for the Xbox One beta.

Canes Fan
02-15-2014, 05:56 PM
Yeah I have you added Grizzly Mojo.

SmoothPancakes
02-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot you're Grizzly Mojo. Alright, PM coming your way.

I OU a Beatn
02-15-2014, 08:14 PM
Beta open to EVERYONE starting tonight on the Xbox One.

I OU a Beatn
02-17-2014, 12:44 AM
http://1drv.ms/1gaRzIm

30 second clip in which I get into a 2 on 1 Titan fight, lose, set off my gas ability, doom those 2 Titans, eject, take out a grunt, get into a 3 on 1 battle, take out another grunt, jump kick a human enemy, and then finish it off with another grunt kill. :D

AustinWolv
02-17-2014, 12:06 PM
First MP I've bothered to play in a long while, and I'm really liking it.

I OU a Beatn
02-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Launch maps:

http://s21.postimg.org/o5r83426v/smugglers_cove.png
http://s24.postimg.org/zezvduijp/boneyard.png
http://s28.postimg.org/e89rezdpp/titan_relic.png
http://s30.postimg.org/74noyazpd/titan_rise.png
http://s13.postimg.org/u5bt8jdpz/titan_overlook.png
http://s1.postimg.org/433e74ftb/titan_outpost_207.png
http://s29.postimg.org/72wsvkvnb/titan_airbase.png
http://s30.postimg.org/g4khd4vup/titan_lagoon.png
http://s10.postimg.org/6ne8lo5op/titan_colony.png
http://s4.postimg.org/8i8efeavh/titan_o2.png
http://s21.postimg.org/mk3836u53/titan_nexus.png
http://s16.postimg.org/upzdwzghh/titan_coporate.png
http://s27.postimg.org/xikjkhg6b/titan_training_ground.png

I OU a Beatn
02-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Some new weapons for Pilots:

http://s9.postimg.org/wukpopv3z/g2a4.png
http://s4.postimg.org/6s255dni5/spitfire.png
http://s23.postimg.org/m52xjryl7/car.png
http://s28.postimg.org/rl35vo5kt/hemlok.png
http://s30.postimg.org/toegijqs1/kraber.png
http://s30.postimg.org/5z5luv2oh/charge.png
http://s14.postimg.org/arlwuqcxt/mag_launcher.png
http://s30.postimg.org/pj0sodzdd/b3wingman.png

I OU a Beatn
02-17-2014, 01:10 PM
New Titan weapons:

http://s11.postimg.org/4drygsic3/titan_sniper.png
http://s24.postimg.org/u2pzz7vdh/titan_triple.png
http://s12.postimg.org/t5jaz4y0t/titan_arc.png

Titan Sniper Rifle...:drool::drool:

JBHuskers
02-18-2014, 09:32 AM
I guess whatever site you're getting these from is blocked at work :D

JBHuskers
02-18-2014, 12:15 PM
Just saw that a PS3 edition was found in the production code. Wonder how close they were to not making it exclusive...

http://www.slashgear.com/titanfall-playstation-3-edition-discovered-in-production-code-18317309/

I OU a Beatn
02-18-2014, 12:29 PM
It was always going to be exclusive for a period of time, most believed a year. After Microsoft saw all the praise and hype it was gaining, they went ahead and gave EA a dump truck of money to keep it exclusive. I figure once Sony sees the sales numbers this thing is going to put up, they're going to be doing everything in their power to make sure the sequel is on their systems.

In reality, it's all up to Microsoft. They have much, much, much, MUCH deeper pockets than Sony. Do they see it worth the money to keep the second game exclusive (I'm sure we're talking at least $500 million, or somewhere in that ballpark), or do they not see it as worthy of the money and allow it to go onto Sony's consoles?

Personally, if I was Microsoft, I'd be giving EA whatever the hell they wanted to keep it exclusive. This absolutely is the next big thing.

I OU a Beatn
02-18-2014, 12:57 PM
Oh yeah, and there's monsters. (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/titanfall-maps-monsters-and-story-details-to-blow-your-mind)

:drool:

AustinWolv
02-18-2014, 01:13 PM
I want to play. I'm at work. :(

CLW
02-18-2014, 01:28 PM
From a business perspective for EA it doesn't make any sense to keep it exclusive unless MS is willing to pay Millions of dollars. PS4 has more units out in the wild so EA is cutting out 50%+ of its sales just to keep exclusive. Thus, EA would only LOGICALLY keep it off PS4 if MS agreed to pay the cost of the lost sales (minus any extra development costs which is probably minimal). Then again, EA could still have their panties in a bunch from the E3 bomb Sony dropped on them and MS on DRM.

I OU a Beatn
02-18-2014, 01:44 PM
That's exactly what I said. Microsoft would have to pay probably around $500 million to keep it off Sony's console. Whether or not they do it is entirely up to them. They've certainly got pockets deep enough to do so.

CLW
02-18-2014, 02:33 PM
That's exactly what I said. Microsoft would have to pay probably around $500 million to keep it off Sony's console. Whether or not they do it is entirely up to them. They've certainly got pockets deep enough to do so.

I wouldn't think it would be that high assuming $30 profit per game sold that would equal nearly 17 million sales on ps4

I OU a Beatn
02-18-2014, 03:04 PM
I wouldn't think it would be that high assuming $30 profit per game sold that would equal nearly 17 million sales on ps4

Across PS3 and PS4, 15 million or more is definitely possible. If this was on all platforms, it would be putting up Call of Duty like numbers.

JBHuskers
02-18-2014, 03:21 PM
As much as I would love to, I don't want to rack up another $600 after just paying off a credit card :D

CLW
02-18-2014, 03:28 PM
As much as I would love to, I don't want to rack up another $600 after just paying off a credit card :D

Need Cash? Just sell TGT to some rich guy. :nod:

I OU a Beatn
02-18-2014, 03:54 PM

Get it on PC. I'm quite sure most mid range PCs can run it. It's just on a heavily modified source engine, so it should run pretty well on most systems.

Also, Target has the Xbox One with a $50 gift card this week. If you have a Red Card, that knocks it down to $475 with a $50 coupon. Hard to beat Xbox One + Titanfall for a little over $500.

JBHuskers
02-18-2014, 06:23 PM
Yeah. I might. I don't play a ton on PC, but I'm sure my PC can handle it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

CLW
02-19-2014, 06:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GIIxPsUMpA

I OU a Beatn
02-25-2014, 12:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIb1FpOuBtQ

Two more weeks!

JBHuskers
02-28-2014, 11:22 AM
So confirmed that I'll be getting this on PC. I'm assuming PC can't play with XB1? Or can they with the next gen?

I OU a Beatn
02-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Nope, no cross platform compatibility.

I OU a Beatn
03-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Achievements! (http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/titanfall-xbox-one/achievements/)

Aside from "kill all pilots during evacuation single-handedly," they all look pretty easily attainable. Even that one is attainable - I did it once or twice during the alpha/beta. It's just that it takes a lot of luck to even be put in the situation to do it, let alone accomplish it by killing them all.

I OU a Beatn
03-02-2014, 05:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IUrna0Q.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/C1qm4fk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/42dNFTh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/A9Fl9Bl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ktRUVjO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/E0sgoFC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7AKchqZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0cMVeDT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tlGQrZK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NugcGs7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/G5Owq6M.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HmoS5ty.jpg

Just some images showcasing one of the monsters, a bunch of maps, the regeneration screen (like prestige in Call of Duty), and ZIP LINES! Please let me zip line onto the back of an enemy Titan...

GatorfanStovy
03-02-2014, 09:19 PM
This game just looks like an epic fun time! I can't wait!

Is any one getting the Titanfall controller?

I OU a Beatn
03-02-2014, 09:22 PM
I got two of them. One to use now and the other to use later when I wear this one out. It feels much better than the regular one.

I OU a Beatn
03-03-2014, 02:02 AM
All 15 maps leaked:

Airbase

http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/01-Airbase.jpg

Angel City

http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/02-Angel-City.jpg

Boneyard

http://cdn2.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/03-Boneyard.jpg

Colony

http://cdn2.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/04-Colony.jpg

Corporate

http://cdn2.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/05-Corporate.jpg

Demeter

http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/06-Demeter.jpg

Fracture

http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/07-Fracture.jpg

Lagoon

http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/08-Lagoon.jpg

Nexus

http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/09-Nexus.jpg

Outpost

http://cdn2.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/10-Outpost-207.jpg

Overlook

http://cdn2.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/11-Overlook.jpg

Relic

http://cdn2.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/12-Relic.jpg

Rise

http://cdn2.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/13-Rise.jpg

Smuggler

http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/14-Smuggler.jpg

Training Ground

http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/15-Training-Ground.jpg

They all look AMAZING. It's about damn time a developer knows how to design some good multiplayer maps.

AustinWolv
03-03-2014, 09:59 AM
I got two of them. One to use now and the other to use later when I wear this one out. It feels much better than the regular one.

How so?

I OU a Beatn
03-03-2014, 11:29 AM
How so?

It feels just a tad glossy on the front of it. It really has a nice feel to it.

SCClassof93
03-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Need Cash? Just sell TGT to some rich guy. :nod:

You must not be aware that Tony Stark's character is based on cdj. Jarvis is based on G's brains and, cough, jb's back...............see post count...............

AustinWolv
03-03-2014, 12:53 PM
It feels just a tad glossy on the front of it. It really has a nice feel to it.

I'm not interested in caressing it, figured you meant it felt functionally different like they tuned it for the game or something...........

:)

I really liked playing the beta and didn't get to play enough. I haven't been this interested in a MP game in a looooong time. And I like that I can have fun with it without being some 4+hour/day addict that can insta-shoot.

JBHuskers
03-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Looking at these maps is getting me excited for it. I just hope I can find a good amount of PC players online for this.

SmoothPancakes
03-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Looking at these maps is getting me excited for it. I just hope I can find a good amount of PC players online for this.

Get an Xbox One and come join me, OU and Austin in some Xbox One whoop ass sessions. :)

JBHuskers
03-03-2014, 03:09 PM
Get an Xbox One and come join me, OU and Austin in some Xbox One whoop ass sessions. :)

Getting an XB1 makes no sense to me at this point.

Barely used the 360 as it was. Haven't hooked it back up since the PS4 came out.

SmoothPancakes
03-03-2014, 03:27 PM

Barely used the 360 as it was. Haven't hooked it back up since the PS4 came out.

Makes sense. It was just suggestion. :)

I'm actually the same as you regarding the PS4 right now. The only PS4 exclusive I'm interested in so far is MLB The Show. That's not enough to be worth buying a $400 console right now. Now, maybe this winter or next year, that'll change and there will be some exclusives released and then I can finally go ahead and buy a PS4 and not have it sitting there collecting dust while I use my Xbox One.

That, and I would have no clue where the hell I'm going to put a PS4 right now. I was forced to essentially shove my 360 off to the side and bury it in my entertainment center (can still play it and still switch disks, but I'd have to remove a couple things just to even pull it out for something) just to make room for my Xbox One. About the only place I have to put a PS4, anywhere, right now, would be placing it right on top of my DVR box. I think I need a bigger entertainment center.

I OU a Beatn
03-03-2014, 03:34 PM

Get rid of your 360 and your mountain of unplayed games and you'll probably be able to get a Xbox One for nothing out of pocket. :D

You'll be fine on PC, with as good as this game is, it'll have giant communities on all the platforms.

steelerfan
03-03-2014, 03:38 PM
as good as this game is, it'll have giant communities on all the platforms.

Except PS4. :drum:

SmoothPancakes
03-03-2014, 03:44 PM

Nicely played. :D :clap:

JBHuskers
03-03-2014, 04:38 PM

Until 2016 ;)

steelerfan
03-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Until 2016 ;)

We'll be speaking Russian by then. ;)

JBHuskers
03-03-2014, 04:42 PM
We'll be speaking Russian by then. ;)

I figured it would be Mandarin.

I OU a Beatn
03-03-2014, 04:45 PM
TF2, maybe. That's one of the things I'll be looking for in the future. Microsoft already locked up the first one for the lifetime of the title. Do they want to and if they do, what will it take to lock up the second one?

Personally, if I was in charge of it, I'd lock up all future titles. It's going to be big and I truly believe a lot of people think the 2nd one will come to PS platforms, therefore, they're just going to wait. Lock it up now, announce that TF will be only on Microsoft platforms for the lifetime of the IP, and I think that would lead to drastically increased sales of the Xbox One.

It'll be interesting to see how Microsoft approaches it. Buying Gears of War outright was a pretty damn bold move, and Microsoft is putting all of their eggs into the Titanfall basket for this launch, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they went all out to keep it exclusive for the sequels as well.

Hell, they could potentially even buy Respawn Studios if they and Respawn were willing. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.

JBHuskers
03-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Was Mass Effect a "lifetime" exclusive at the time?

I OU a Beatn
03-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Was Mass Effect a "lifetime" exclusive at the time?

Microsoft published the first one, and then EA bought the studio and franchise beginning with Mass Effect 2. Part of the agreement of that buyout was that Mass Effect 2 would release first on 360 (I believe it was 1 year) and Mass Effect 1 would stay exclusive for a set period of time. Beginning with Mass Effect 3, EA could do whatever they wanted with it.

This is different, though. Microsoft actually paid for lifetime exclusivity, so unless there's some kind of buyout clause where EA could regain rights to publish it on PS3/PS4 (highly unlikely - why would they sell lifetime exclusive rights only to spend money to buy that back?), the first Titanfall game will never be released on Sony platforms. The details on the agreement have never been revealed, so all anyone knows is that the first game is exclusive to Microsoft for the "lifetime of the product."

As I said before, it would be smart of Microsoft to lock up the franchise with EA publishing. I don't care if it does cost them in upwards of $500 million (and I'm quite sure it would), this is a guaranteed system seller if people know the franchise is going to be exclusive to Xbox. At the very least, I think they're going to try.

JBHuskers
03-03-2014, 08:58 PM
I like how the commercials are showing gameplay, specifically multiplayer, as you would actually see when playing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I OU a Beatn
03-04-2014, 12:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsf25G5IArA

CLW
03-06-2014, 06:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsf33qKdEYg

I was stunned that the $250 version does NOT include all of the DLC. That's insane.

I OU a Beatn
03-06-2014, 09:06 AM
Not really. The price is that high for the numbered massive ass statue. Very few games include season passes with the collector's edition. I can think of Halo 4 and a few of the Call of Duty games.

SmoothPancakes
03-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Oh fuck, it's so close.

It feels like the Friday of the Xbox One release all over again, waiting for UPS to arrive with my One. Now, this time, I'm sitting here waiting for midnight to get here. I got a text yesterday that the new Gamestop here in town will be doing a midnight release. I've only gone one other time at midnight to get a game and that was Modern Warfare 2, and that was at the Gamestop next town over, a good 30 minute drive. Since they opened a store here in town last summer, I'm now more willing to make the trip since it's just a 5 minute jaunt over to the north side of town.

I'm looking forward to an all-nighter of Titanfall. :)

I OU a Beatn
03-10-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm going to midnight as well. I never do, but I can't wait for this. I put probably 50 hours into the alpha and beta combined, and I've just been itching to play ever since they ended. I've even got $25 in my account waiting for the Season Pass to go live.

Send me an invite if you see me online tonight, man. I'm going to try to pick up the headset adapter tonight, so I may or may not have a headset depending on it I can find one. I've heard most of them have sold out, but I'm hoping there's some still around since I live in a small area.

SmoothPancakes
03-10-2014, 02:19 PM
I'm going to midnight as well. I never do, but I can't wait for this. I put probably 50 hours into the alpha and beta combined, and I've just been itching to play ever since they ended. I've even got $25 in my account waiting for the Season Pass to go live.

Send me an invite if you see me online tonight, man. I'm going to try to pick up the headset adapter tonight, so I may or may not have a headset depending on it I can find one. I've heard most of them have sold out, but I'm hoping there's some still around since I live in a small area.

Exactly. I never go to midnight releases. I only went to the Modern Warfare 2 release because I was working nights at the time, had the day off and was going to be sitting up all night anyways. So I left at 12:30, got there around 1 and still had to sit in line for a half an hour waiting because they were going so goddamn slow in getting people in and out. Considering this was early November and the entire line was outside, yeah, that really sort of turned me off to early releases.

But, like you, I just can't wait for Titanfall. I went with the Gamestop preorder since I was in the store a couple weeks ago and I still hadn't decided between Gamestop or Amazon for my preorder. So instead of waiting until 1pm if I'm lucky, 4:30pm if I'm not lucky, for UPS to drop my game off, and instead of waiting until 10am for Gamestop to open, I'll hit up the midnight release and spend the night playing it. :nod:

And hell yeah man, I'll shoot you an invite if you pop up online. And it's no problem. I'll have my headset sitting by if you are able to get an adapter, if not, it's no worries, we'll still whoop some ass together!

I OU a Beatn
03-10-2014, 02:36 PM
It's a pity we can't use GIFs as our avatar.

http://i60.tinypic.com/34oy8ns.gif

:D

JBHuskers
03-10-2014, 03:07 PM
:D :D :D

I should hopefully have mine early next week for PC.

JBHuskers
03-10-2014, 03:58 PM
Meta is at 87 after 27 reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/titanfall

I OU a Beatn
03-10-2014, 04:36 PM
It's ridiculous how many of the lower score reviews mention that it plays like Call of Duty and/or bitch about no campaign. I'll just say this right now - if anyone thinks this plays like Call of Duty, they're doing something wrong. I'll agree that the gun play feels SIMILAR to Call of Duty, but that's where the similarities end.

I also don't see single player only games getting docked for not having online modes, so why should an online only game be docked for not having single player? Stupid.

Honestly, I'm shocked that the reviews are this high. It's an amazing game, but I figured scores would suffer because people who suck at online shooters tend to not like that game. The fact it's getting mostly 9+ scores is impressive.

I can't believe none of the reviews mentioned how smooth the connection is. Coming from Call of Duty, Battlefield, and every other online shooter, the dedicated servers were the first thing that caught my attention. Unbelievable how smooth everything was during the alpha/beta.

AustinWolv
03-10-2014, 05:18 PM
but I figured scores would suffer because people who suck at online shooters tend to not like that game.
As I've probably bored people with around here, I stopped playing pretty much all MP FPS games online because they made me and weren't that fun, except for Co-op. But I had a blast playing the beta, as even if you aren't very good, you can find success and have a lot of fun.

Today's my birthday, so I was holding out to see if my wife picked it up for me. If not, I'll go get it tomorrow....hopefully.

I asked her for a headset also, so we'll see. Doubt she picked that up, so thinking about dropping money on one of the new XB1 Turtle Beach headsets + an adapter......haven't decided yet.....

CLW
03-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Titanfall ships at 792p on Xbox OneRespawn: "We're trying to optimise... we don't want to give up anything for higher res."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-titanfall-ships-at-792p

I OU a Beatn
03-10-2014, 07:52 PM
I agree with it completely. Frame rate and fluidity of play >>>>>>>>> graphics. I've read post launch they're going to do 900p with FXAA, or 1080p without the AA effects. Personally, if they can keep the frame rate at 60 FPS, I'd prefer 900p with the FXAA.

CLW
03-10-2014, 07:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeg2Xg0u5rA

AustinWolv
03-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Ha, wife got me Titanfall. :)

She tried to get me a wireless headset, but not what I was after, so will probably return that.

I OU a Beatn
03-11-2014, 01:16 AM
I could barely get the collector's edition in my car. :D

I'm playing the campaign mode right now. If anyone is on, feel free to send me a message. I'd like to complete the campaign first though because it unlocks the other Titans for the standard online modes.

GatorfanStovy
03-11-2014, 02:37 AM
servers crash yet?

I OU a Beatn
03-11-2014, 02:54 AM
No issues for me so far. Had a tiny bit of lag in my first game, but that's it.

SmoothPancakes
03-11-2014, 07:30 AM
I'll be around later this morning. Some drunk ass douche took out a bunch of poles last night and killed power for the entire neighborhood, didn't get it back until around 5:30 this morning. So unfortunately my all-nighter of Titanfall never materialized. Instead, I'll be putting in a full day of Titanfall.

AustinWolv
03-11-2014, 07:36 AM
I could barely get the collector's edition in my car. :D

I'm playing the campaign mode right now. If anyone is on, feel free to send me a message. I'd like to complete the campaign first though because it unlocks the other Titans for the standard online modes.

Hopefully get mine today. Wife's order got messed up somehow so she is checking on it.
Sigh...........

Stan HAMsen
03-11-2014, 09:10 AM
I'll be around later this morning. Some drunk ass douche took out a bunch of poles last night and killed power for the entire neighborhood, didn't get it back until around 5:30 this morning. So unfortunately my all-nighter of Titanfall never materialized. Instead, I'll be putting in a full day of Titanfall.

That sucks. I hate it when I'm all hyped up to do something and then it gets ruined by something/someone that has absolutely nothing to do with me or my plans.

SmoothPancakes
03-11-2014, 09:38 AM
That sucks. I hate it when I'm all hyped up to do something and then it gets ruined by something/someone that has absolutely nothing to do with me or my plans.

Yep. There have been three games where I would anxiously await the release. NCAA Football, Halo and now Titanfall. NCAA is dead, Halo won't be released until probably November, so Titanfall has been the newest game I've been anxiously awaiting since last July with NCAA '14. And it gets ruined. I hate that guy.

SmoothPancakes
03-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Nice, just finished the first campaign mission. Utter domination. My team won something like 400-179, I finished with the second highest score in the match and had 6/3 K/D. Fun as hell so far, and it is so goddamn refreshing for a FPS! After the beta and just one Campaign mission, I'm not sure I'll be able to go back to Call of Duty after this. It will not in any way be the same after playing Titanfall.

SmoothPancakes
03-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Damn, got all the way to "Assault on the Sentinel", the 5th IMC campaign mission, before I ended up on the losing team. Myself and the rest of us on IMC were able to sweep our way through the first four missions, but #5 was too much to keep the perfect record intact.

I OU a Beatn
03-11-2014, 12:34 PM
I finished both campaigns last night and called it a night. Nothing like waking up at 1 in the afternoon; reminds me of my NCAA '04-'07 days. :D

The automatic shotgun burn card is just filthy. Between the alpha, beta, and last night, I have to have something like a 10 k/d ratio when I use that thing.

Unlocked both unlockable Titans, so after I finish up winning each campaign mission for the achievement, I'll be ready to hop into the regular modes.

SmoothPancakes
03-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna go back and retry "Assault on the Sentinel" so I can keep working towards the win all missions achievement. Then I'll probably continue on the IMC campaign. We could whoop some serious ass if you, me, Austin and CoreySA all get online during the same time. So far just you, me and Corey are the only ones showing up with Titanfall on my Friends feed. If Austin can get hold of a copy today, get the four of us together in regular modes, we could definitely whoop some ass.

SmoothPancakes
03-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Well damn, I thought maybe I'd be able to go back and play previous missions, but I guess not, maybe not until I complete the full actual campaign. It's making me continue onto "Here Be Dragons". I'll have to keep track of what missions I lose then so I know which ones I need to win for the achievement.

I OU a Beatn
03-11-2014, 01:02 PM
Well damn, I thought maybe I'd be able to go back and play previous missions, but I guess not, maybe not until I complete the full actual campaign. It's making me continue onto "Here Be Dragons". I'll have to keep track of what missions I lose then so I know which ones I need to win for the achievement.

Once you complete a campaign, it has a mission select type thing that allows you to pick an individual mission.

I'll be on a lot today. I'm getting around now to get something to eat, but then I'm free the rest of the day. I took this entire week off work several months ago and I was just lucky enough to have spring break this week, so I have no class and no work. God wants me to play this game. :D

Hopefully we can all get on at some point. Playing with random players in this game is a little less forgiving, but it still blows when you get full on retards.

SmoothPancakes
03-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Once you complete a campaign, it has a mission select type thing that allows you to pick an individual mission.

I'll be on a lot today. I'm getting around now to get something to eat, but then I'm free the rest of the day. I took this entire week off work several months ago and I was just lucky enough to have spring break this week, so I have no class and no work. God wants me to play this game. :D

Hopefully we can all get on at some point. Playing with random players in this game is a little less forgiving, but it still blows when you get full on retards.

Yeah, I'll definitely be on all day. The beta was fun as hell, but the FULL game, this shit is addictive! I've been playing for less than an hour and I've already had 7 rodeos. :D Screw my anti-Titan weapon, let me get close enough and take that bitch for a ride!

SmoothPancakes
03-11-2014, 02:07 PM
We've got a potential 5th person for future Titanfall ass whooping. Canes Fan (if I'm remembering correctly in that Grizzly Mojo is his tag) is playing Titanfall right now. So we've got me, Beatn, Canes Fan, AustinWolv and CoreySA all with Xbox One versions of Titanfall. We'd definitely have a hell of a nice team right there between the 5 of us.

GatorfanStovy
03-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Be on later Tonight gamers. Watch out Titanfall world

SmoothPancakes
03-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Be on later Tonight gamers. Watch out Titanfall world

When did you get an Xbox One?

GatorfanStovy
03-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Today!!

SmoothPancakes
03-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Today!!

Nice! I was gonna say, Titanfall doesn't release on 360 until the 25th, so you had to either have an Xbox One or got it on PC.

GatorfanStovy
03-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Lol nice one. Not likeB t any of u here have My gamer tag any how. But ya I picked up the Titanfall bundle at target. I'll take a free game!

SmoothPancakes
03-11-2014, 03:25 PM
OU, is there a limit on how many burn cards you can hold?

JBHuskers
03-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Not likeB t any of u here have My gamer tag any how.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130707145337/degrassi/images/f/fc/Britney-confused_zps9eff516a.gif

steelerfan
03-11-2014, 03:54 PM
:D

AustinWolv
03-11-2014, 04:00 PM
Got my copy, but probably won't be on until pretty late. Friggin' business call tonight.

JBHuskers
03-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Too bad online isn't cross platform....

I OU a Beatn
03-11-2014, 04:18 PM
OU, is there a limit on how many burn cards you can hold?

30 in a deck plus the 3 that you have equipped. If you go into a match with 30 in a deck, you can't earn any new ones. I just get rid of the lame ones.

Today!!

System. Seller.

psuexv
03-11-2014, 04:20 PM
Too bad online isn't cross platform....

They shoulda taken a hint from DCUO

I OU a Beatn
03-11-2014, 04:23 PM
I wouldn't want it to be cross platform. When it comes to competitive online first person shooters, cross platform does not work for one reason: mouse + keyboard versus controller. It would be cool if a game did PS4 versus Xbox One, though.

JBHuskers
03-11-2014, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't want it to be cross platform. When it comes to competitive online first person shooters, cross platform does not work for one reason: mouse + keyboard versus controller. It would be cool if a game did PS4 versus Xbox One, though.

I'm pretty sure the 360 controller would work on PC.

I OU a Beatn
03-11-2014, 04:49 PM
It does, but if it was cross platform, you'd be playing Xbox One versus PC, where most people use mouse and keyboard. Mouse and keyboard users are at a DISTINCT advantage over controller users because of how fast they can turn and how precise the mouse is over an analog stick.

I OU a Beatn
03-11-2014, 06:38 PM
Just unlocked the Triple Threat. Now the fun begins.:nod:

GatorfanStovy
03-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Now the tie goes on to sit and wait for x1 to start up and install updates then to download titanfall.

I OU Beatn

System. Seller.

I was gonna buy the Xbox One any how just a matter of saving cash for it. Since i Had enough today why not get a game for free with the system!

Canes Fan
03-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Smooth whenever we're both on just give me a invite and we'll play.

CLW
03-11-2014, 09:04 PM
That's o.k. you won't be able to play it for 2 weeks b/c the servers won't be able to handle the traffic. #DealWithIt :nod: Honestly, I don't get the whole FPS craze but they definitely sell tons of copies. Supply demand.

Per numerous EA reps, this is a stress test for the servers and other technical issues. Also, according to numerous reps, codes will be sent out tonight/tomorrow and it starts tomorrow. I swear, if I'm playing Titanfall tomorrow...:drool:

I'll bet anyone willing Titanfall has MAJOR server issues at launch if the hype for this game keeps up.

I'm shocked.

Wanna lose another bet?

Xbox One's Live 'Core Services' Limited, Not Titanfall's Fault"This is not a Titanfall issue."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/11/xbox-ones-live-core-services-limited-not-titanfalls-fault

Yep and Obama said he'd cut the deficit in half too. :nod:

CLW
03-11-2014, 09:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EoWCPjtjZc

I OU a Beatn
03-11-2014, 09:11 PM
Too bad the Titanfall servers have been up all day. :D

What the fuck? Do you even read the stupid shit you post? There's an issue with signing into Live right now. If you're already signed in, you're fine and able to play the game. If you're playing the game on PC, you're also fine. It has ZERO to do with Titanfall, so I truly don't understand why you're posting your fan boy drivel about Titanfall having server issues at launch, when in fact, they have not had any to this point.

Seriously, man, you were bad before, but you've gone borderline full on retard the past few weeks. At least before you were SOMEWHAT on topic. You're posting babble about Titanfall having servers issues today, a few days ago you were posting an article that had blatantly incorrect information in the second paragraph, what's next?

AustinWolv
03-11-2014, 09:26 PM
CLW, seriously? Do you fall for MSM reports also?

I was just playing Titanfall smooth as well an hour ago before this stupid business call.

Holy damn, it is fun.

I OU a Beatn
03-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Honestly, I don't understand how he hasn't been banned at least a few times yet. He's constantly posting stupid shit about the Xbox and has been doing so since I can remember, 90% of which has nothing to do with gaming. He's constantly predicting shit (usually bad stuff about Microsoft and good stuff about Sony), only to be wrong and somehow twist it around to make it seem like he was right.

Now, he's taken it to a whole different level and is posting shit that isn't even accurate. First it was the doom and gloom article he posted that had all kinds of incorrect information in it. Today he's posting babble about how the shit he predicted about Titanfall servers being down at launch was accurate, even though it's completely wrong. I mean seriously, this shit gets old.

I'd like to be able to read threads that involve Xbox and it's games without someone trolling and posting inaccurate information. Scratch that, I can honestly deal with the trolling (only because I think it's funny that someone cares that much), but this spreading false information is just ridiculous. It even says in the article he posted that the issue is with signing into Live, so how the hell does he somehow come to the conclusion that the Titanfall servers are down?

:fp:

SmoothPancakes
03-11-2014, 10:47 PM
:fp:

Can we not go one fucking day without more stupid shit being posted by the Resident Troll? As has already been covered by OU and Austin, the Titanfall servers are perfectly fine. Xbox Live is 99% perfectly fine. The ONLY issue in the entire Xbox Live system (all games, all apps, the store, etc) is some people having issues with signing in. That has happened before in the past. It'll happen again in the future. That it happened on the day Titanfall released is merely a coincidence.

And some people having issues signing into Live has absolutely nothing to do with Xbox Live being down nor with the Titanfall servers being down. I've been signed into Xbox Live since 1pm EST, never once have I lost connection or had any problems. I've played hours of Titanfall today, and never once did I have issues connecting to their servers or keeping a connection with their servers.

So I'd love to hear an explanation of HOW Microsoft having an issue that is limited SOLELY to signing into Xbox Live is suddenly and magically now Titanfall having "MAJOR server issues". :fp:

Hell, here's a copy/paste right from the Xbox Support website:

Services

http://support.xbox.com/Content/Images/LiveStatus/unavailable_icon.pngXbox Live Core ServicesLimited
Affected platforms:

http://support.xbox.com/Content/Images/LiveStatus/xboxone_icon.png
Xbox One

Affected services:

Signing into Xbox Live

3/12/2014 1:06:30 AM GMT:
Hi Xbox members, did you run into issues when trying to sign into Xbox Live? We're hard at work investigating this issue right now. Thanks for being patient while we work. We'll send another update in 30 minutes.

http://support.xbox.com/Content/Images/LiveStatus/active_icon.pngPurchase and Content Usageup and running

http://support.xbox.com/Content/Images/LiveStatus/active_icon.pngWebsiteup and running

http://support.xbox.com/Content/Images/LiveStatus/active_icon.pngTV, Music and Videoup and running

http://support.xbox.com/Content/Images/LiveStatus/active_icon.pngSocial and Gamingup and running

Not sure how that equates to an issue with Titanfall's servers. :fp:

I'm with you OU, it's gotten beyond ridiculous now. When it was just some simple trolling, while still annoying, it was dealable. Now, Jesus Christ, we can't even go a single fucking day without more stupid Sony fanboy/anti-Xbox One/anti-Xbox One games shitty drivel being posted. Hell, just look at the Xbox One thread. When you have that many people publicly coming out and denouncing the Resident Troll's antics, be it their both being conservatives or having Sony consoles or whatever, even they are getting sick of him.

The Resident Troll has gotten so goddamn bad, I need only see the name "CLW" show up as the last post by in an Xbox One or Xbox One game thread and I don't even have to open the thread to know what it'll contain. More stupid shit pulled from whatever website is willing to post said stupid shit, just so he can try and bash the Xbox One and it's games yet again.

Honestly, the way he's been acting in the past couple months with this shit, he's beginning to make the Sony fanboys on IGN and other sites seem TAME! I don't think I've ever come across a Sony fanboy on one of those sites that is as fucking annoying as the Resident Troll, nor as willing to post ANYTHING that is anti-Xbox One, even when the entire thing is nothing but blatant lying and misinformation.

And I would love to hear something from JB, G or cdj regarding him, why they haven't done anything to get him to knock this shit off. If myself or one of us others were doing it, I would honestly be surprised to not have infractions or even be banned by now. Yet the Resident Troll can continue posting pile of shit after pile of shit to his merry fucking pleasure with not a fucking finger lifted by JB, G or cdj. It's getting real fucking old now and it's starting to seriously interfere with my enjoyment of these forums. Without my NCAA dynasty and (now) Madden franchise posted here, hell, I don't know I'd be willing to stick around here much longer and put up with his bullshit without those to tie me down to this site.

I OU a Beatn
03-11-2014, 11:12 PM
It's because it's relaxed here, which is a GOOD thing. I truly love that we can have discussion, even some that gets heated, and we don't have to worry about being banned or something similar. However, as I said, it's gotten to the point where he's posting shit just to get a reaction out of people, and the garbage he's posting isn't even accurate. I can completely understand having issues with something and discussing that, but he's beyond that. He doesn't use Xbox, he'll never use Xbox, and he'll never have anything to do with Xbox, so I don't understand why he's constantly clogging up actual constructive discussion of Xbox with his fan boy drivel.

I don't even want him banned. When he's not posting about Xbox related stuff, he seems pretty level headed to me. I honestly don't know what it is with him and Xbox, nor do I care, but he just can't help himself. Today is the perfect example. It would be one thing if he reported that some were having issues logging into Live. Nope, not good enough. He has to go on a crusade of pulling up old posts where he predicted the failure of a game at launch (why anyone even needs to wish a game to fail is beyond me) even though he's clearly misinformed because the Titanfall servers have been up and running without a hitch.

I've had several posts over the past few months typed up in the Xbox thread only to not even submit it because I know he's going to say something moronic about it. I truly don't feel as though it should be that way. Smooth and Austin don't have Sony gaming systems and I don't see them shitting on Sony in threads, so I feel that's the way it should be.

Just my 2 cents.

I OU a Beatn
03-11-2014, 11:18 PM
Back on topic, I find it REALLY lame that once you complete both campaigns, you can't pick which side to play as. I need 2 wins on the Militia side and about 20 games in a row it's put me on the other side, which I'm all done with. :fp:

GatorfanStovy
03-11-2014, 11:20 PM
any one able to get on yet? Just whe I get the x1 the servers decide to crap out ugh.

I OU a Beatn
03-11-2014, 11:22 PM
As I said in the Xbox thread, the sign in issue has been fixed for over 2 hours. What have you been doing? :D

GatorfanStovy
03-11-2014, 11:35 PM
As I said in the Xbox thread, the sign in issue has been fixed for over 2 hours. What have you been doing? :D

I tried a few minutes ago and it's not letting me sign still!! I still an red error code on the main site.

I OU a Beatn
03-11-2014, 11:37 PM
With the console on, hold the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds. When it shuts off, turn it back on and try it again.

GatorfanStovy
03-11-2014, 11:44 PM
Ok I will give that a try. Hopefully it works this time and I can get downloading/installing TF and still play some tonight.

AustinWolv
03-12-2014, 12:39 AM
Back on topic, I find it REALLY lame that once you complete both campaigns, you can't pick which side to play as. I need 2 wins on the Militia side and about 20 games in a row it's put me on the other side, which I'm all done with. :fp:
Weird, you can't mission select? That is lame. I completed Militia side, but didn't win them all.

This is the most online play I've done in well over a year, if not longer. Having a lot of fun, and I'm not really that good. Doesn't matter, as the game really has succeeded at getting all skill levels having fun, which was well-stated in one review I read.

I OU a Beatn
03-12-2014, 12:51 AM
You can mission select, but right now, it wont put you on Militia if you mission select.

GatorfanStovy
03-12-2014, 01:10 AM
Any one know how this is gonna take to install/download? Barely six percent now :(

I OU a Beatn
03-12-2014, 01:33 AM
Took me about 15 minutes. It has to install the disc and also download an update that's around 840MB or so.

GatorfanStovy
03-12-2014, 01:45 AM
Took me about 15 minutes. It has to install the disc and also download an update that's around 840MB or so.

full download ? i got the free code one from the store.

I OU a Beatn
03-12-2014, 01:55 AM
If it's a code then you're looking at 20GB, so depending on your connection, quite awhile.

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2014, 06:40 AM
It's because it's relaxed here, which is a GOOD thing. I truly love that we can have discussion, even some that gets heated, and we don't have to worry about being banned or something similar. However, as I said, it's gotten to the point where he's posting shit just to get a reaction out of people, and the garbage he's posting isn't even accurate. I can completely understand having issues with something and discussing that, but he's beyond that. He doesn't use Xbox, he'll never use Xbox, and he'll never have anything to do with Xbox, so I don't understand why he's constantly clogging up actual constructive discussion of Xbox with his fan boy drivel.

I don't even want him banned. When he's not posting about Xbox related stuff, he seems pretty level headed to me. I honestly don't know what it is with him and Xbox, nor do I care, but he just can't help himself. Today is the perfect example. It would be one thing if he reported that some were having issues logging into Live. Nope, not good enough. He has to go on a crusade of pulling up old posts where he predicted the failure of a game at launch (why anyone even needs to wish a game to fail is beyond me) even though he's clearly misinformed because the Titanfall servers have been up and running without a hitch.

I've had several posts over the past few months typed up in the Xbox thread only to not even submit it because I know he's going to say something moronic about it. I truly don't feel as though it should be that way. Smooth and Austin don't have Sony gaming systems and I don't see them shitting on Sony in threads, so I feel that's the way it should be.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree that it's a good thing that it's relaxed, and no, he doesn't deserved to be banned, but at least someone talk to him, maybe give him a minor infraction and tell him to chill the fuck out already. Like I said, it's gotten to the point that we can't even go a single day without more stupid shit posted by him in Xbox One thread and now threads for Xbox One games. And now, as you said, it's no longer even halfway reasonable things. Now it's ANYTHING that has an anti-Xbox One or anti-Xbox One games slant. As long as it bashed one or the other, who cares about facts, it'll be posted. Just like these last couple posts in the Xbox One thread and now this thread, that's some shit even a tabloid wouldn't claim. For someone who has repeatedly stated he will never buy the Xbox One, he sure as hell can't shut the fuck about it.

And no, I don't shit in the Sony threads. I have no problem with Sony. In my past I've owned an original Playstation, and owned two PS2s, a fat and a slim, and maybe this winter or next year, I plan on getting a PS4 as well to go along with my Xbox One. I don't have some ridiculous hatred and vendetta against another console like he does. If the Wii had games that interested me, I'd probably at least give some thought to picking one up. For me, I don't give a damn what company makes what system and all this fanboy bullshit. I just care about what games are offered and what games I want to play.

You can mission select, but right now, it wont put you on Militia if you mission select.

Yeah, I discovered that last night. Unfortunately, while I was able to win at least 5 or 6 of my IMC missions, my teammates on Militia were absolute dumbasses and we only won two or three. So I've got a LOT of work to do on Militia campaign missions, yet I can't specifically pick to play as them. It's gonna make winning all the campaign missions a lot harder now.

bdoughty
03-12-2014, 07:42 AM
when he's not posting about xbox related stuff, he seems pretty level headed to me.

:D Final post, I promise. I am guessing you have never been in the OT and seen his political views.

May Xbox Discussion, here at TGT, one day not be hindered by the same trolling that has plagued this forum since as long as CLW has been registered.

Play the damn games, not the system.

Peace out!

SCClassof93
03-12-2014, 09:29 AM

Not sure how I missed this thread but this post alone will allow me to smile for most of today :D

SCClassof93
03-12-2014, 09:31 AM
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130707145337/degrassi/images/f/fc/Britney-confused_zps9eff516a.gif

check that, two reasons to smile :D

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Not sure how I missed this thread but this post alone will allow me to smile for most of today :D

Well, at least my anger at said douche the other night will help improve someone's day. :D

AustinWolv
03-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I discovered that last night. Unfortunately, while I was able to win at least 5 or 6 of my IMC missions, my teammates on Militia were absolute dumbasses and we only won two or three. So I've got a LOT of work to do on Militia campaign missions, yet I can't specifically pick to play as them. It's gonna make winning all the campaign missions a lot harder now.

The cool thing, at least thus far in playing the game, is that it is a lot of fun and this shouldn't be a complete annoying grind to get those knocked out.

Kind of crazy, I logged in last night at level1 XP.....and there were people already at level26 XP. Been playing all day? LOL.
While I'm no online FPS stud and don't care to be, it was a lot of fun to play and not be completely dominated by those with high XP like other games.

SCClassof93
03-12-2014, 09:52 AM
Well, at least my anger at said douche the other night will help improve someone's day. :D

However, I don't think clw drinks :D

AustinWolv
03-12-2014, 09:59 AM
However, I don't think clw drinks :D

That is strike #2. Trolling is obviously strike #1.

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2014, 10:08 AM
The cool thing, at least thus far in playing the game, is that it is a lot of fun and this shouldn't be a complete annoying grind to get those knocked out.

Kind of crazy, I logged in last night at level1 XP.....and there were people already at level26 XP. Been playing all day? LOL.
While I'm no online FPS stud and don't care to be, it was a lot of fun to play and not be completely dominated by those with high XP like other games.

Yeah, you'll level up fast. I played maybe 5-6 hours yesterday, long enough to get entirely through the IMC and Militia campaigns, and I'm sitting at either level 16 or 17. You level up pretty fast. And I completely agree. It won't be an annoying grind to get those knocked out. I had a lot of fun playing the campaign, in fact, still haven't even touched classic multiplayer, I've only played campaign. So it won't be too bad try to get those remaining missions.

Yeah, you really don't notice any domination when it comes to higher and lower level players. When I first started as a level 1, my first campaign mission there was a level 15 on the other team, and I still did really good in the mission, finished with good stats. So even if you're 10-20 levels behind someone, you can still hold your own well in actual battle.

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2014, 10:28 AM
Well, Austin, IOU, anyone else, if you're up for some Titanfall teaming up, I'll be around all day. The entire county is shut down right now under a level 3 snow emergency as we're currently being semi-buried under 9 inches of snow since sometime after 2am, which means unless you're required to report to work or you're emergency personnel, just driving right now could get you arrested if the sheriff deputy is feeling like a prick, a hefty ticket if he's not.

So, I have another completely free day to spend online. Which means a hell of a lot more Titanfall!

I OU a Beatn
03-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Well, Austin, IOU, anyone else, if you're up for some Titanfall teaming up, I'll be around all day. The entire county is shut down right now under a level 3 snow emergency as we're currently being semi-buried under 9 inches of snow since sometime after 2am, which means unless you're required to report to work or you're emergency personnel, just driving right now could get you arrested if the sheriff deputy is feeling like a prick, a hefty ticket if he's not.

So, I have another completely free day to spend online. Which means a hell of a lot more Titanfall!

9 inches of snow? WHAT? Here it's 60 fucking degrees. How the hell can there be such a big difference between Ohio and PA? I checked the radar and looks like all the snow was just northwest of us and we're just getting rain. That's insane. :D

I'll be on after I get something to eat. The only campaign mission I need to win is (I think) the very first one on the Militia side. I've used quick match and have been quitting until I get that combination, but both times my team was down by over 100 points when I had joined. There has to be a better way to do this.

I OU a Beatn
03-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Put up 26 kills in a row last night while defending B. Had numerous double and triple kills. I never even got the chance to drop my Titan. I died with like 5 seconds left, ending my chance of the perfect game.

http://i61.tinypic.com/zvua1j.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/kcfoqq.jpg

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2014, 01:11 PM
9 inches of snow? WHAT? Here it's 60 fucking degrees. How the hell can there be such a big difference between Ohio and PA? I checked the radar and looks like all the snow was just northwest of us and we're just getting rain. That's insane. :D

I'll be on after I get something to eat. The only campaign mission I need to win is (I think) the very first one on the Militia side. I've used quick match and have been quitting until I get that combination, but both times my team was down by over 100 points when I had joined. There has to be a better way to do this.

Yeah, Mother Nature forgot to take her midol this week. It was 50 degrees and sunny Monday and Tuesday, then come sometime after 2am, the snowstorm from hell, 9 inches of snow and 20-40 MPH winds. I woke at 7:30 this morning and it was white out conditions outside. I couldn't even see the house just across the street from me. We're gonna be below zero for a low tonight, then it'll be mid-40s Friday and Saturday and back into the 50s by Tuesday. Absolutely goddamn nuts. :smh:

I unfortunately still have quite a few. I think I only have three to do for IMC. My team won our first four missions as IMC, but then only won one or two more after that. Militia is a clusterfuck. I kept ending up with people who sucked, so we got dominated almost every game. I think during my time through the Militia campaign, we only won 2, MAYBE 3 missions. So yeah, I've got a lot of work to do in the campaign to get that achievement.

I OU a Beatn
03-12-2014, 01:15 PM
If you do mission select, which side does it put you on? Hopefully it puts you on Militia so you could invite me and we could knock those out. If I try mission select, it puts me on IMC every single time.

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2014, 01:26 PM
If you do mission select, which side does it put you on? Hopefully it puts you on Militia so you could invite me and we could knock those out. If I try mission select, it puts me on IMC every single time.

I'm in campaign right now, it stuck me on IMC.

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2014, 01:39 PM
Goddamn that's harsh. Lost Here Be Dragons (one I need as IMC) 400-397. That is harsh.

I OU a Beatn
03-12-2014, 01:43 PM
I finally got those achievements, so I'm going to hop into your game here in a few minutes if you're still playing.

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I'm still going. Just about to start up another try at Assault on the Sentinel as IMC.

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Figures, we join up in the same game and I have probably the worst game I've ever had while playing Titanfall. :D

I OU a Beatn
03-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Which missions do you need to win on the IMC side? We've got a bunch of noobs on our current team. :D

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Assault on the Sentinel, Here Be Dragons, I think The Three Towers. I can't remember exactly, other than it's most of them from Assault on the Sentinel on. I won the first four, then only won one or two the rest of the way for IMC.

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Hey IOU, I'll be back in a bit. The snow has finally stopped so I'm gonna head out real quick and enjoy shoveling 9 inches of nice wet heavy crap off the sidewalks and dig the cars out. I should be back by 5pm EST, if you want to team back up then.

AustinWolv
03-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Put up 26 kills in a row last night while defending B. Had numerous double and triple kills. I never even got the chance to drop my Titan. I died with like 5 seconds left, ending my chance of the perfect game.

Holy shit. I don't even come close to playing at that K/D ratio. Like the wrong zip code not-even-close.

I'll likely be on after 8pm or so.....depends when we get back from dropping the kids off at the in-laws. Got to get my time in tonight because we leave town until Sunday for an adults-only getaway for once. Too bad Titanfall can't join us. LOL.

I OU a Beatn
03-12-2014, 04:10 PM
Just witnessed someone kill 60 bots in one match. :fp:

GatorfanStovy
03-12-2014, 05:14 PM
So played a quick 2 matches in here before work. Man people ranked high already and the game just came out! I bet thats from beta players guess stats didn't get reset. People kicked my ass. Game seems hell a fun can't wait for the weekeend to get more hours in!

I OU a Beatn
03-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Beta stats were reset.

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I've only put in maybe 6-8 hours and I'm already over level 20, level 21 to be exact. You can rank up really fast if you do good. I've jumped two entire levels after a match a couple times now, ended up with a shit ton of XP to rank up multiple levels at once.

I OU a Beatn
03-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Here's a clip I recorded earlier that I think people who play the game or people who are interested in the game will enjoy. It's only about 90 seconds long, but it shows how you can use wall running to make people look stupid. :D The last 40 seconds or so is particularly entertaining, I think.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9D9477C1A0AE7D1E%21757

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Alright, shoveling took a little longer than expected. Jesus that was some seriously heavy shit. If there had been anymore water in that snow, it would have been pure liquid. And now my back is absolutely killing me.

I just sat down and am eating dinner right now, but I'll be jumping back into Titanfall, probably in the next 30 minutes.

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2014, 06:40 PM
Here's a clip I recorded earlier that I think people who play the game or people who are interested in the game will enjoy. It's only about 90 seconds long, but it shows how you can use wall running to make people look stupid. :D The last 40 seconds or so is particularly entertaining, I think.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9D9477C1A0AE7D1E%21757

HA! Nicely done! That is classic whooping ass in Titanfall. God I love wall running. It opens the maps up SO much. And it makes for some great kills!

I OU a Beatn
03-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Alright, shoveling took a little longer than expected. Jesus that was some seriously heavy shit. If there had been anymore water in that snow, it would have been pure liquid. And now my back is absolutely killing me.

I just sat down and am eating dinner right now, but I'll be jumping back into Titanfall, probably in the next 30 minutes.

I'm on so just send me an invite when you're ready. Hopefully we can get those campaign missions knocked out for you.

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2014, 07:05 PM
I'm on so just send me an invite when you're ready. Hopefully we can get those campaign missions knocked out for you.

Alright, I'm jumping on right now. Since we'll probably end up IMC in the campaign missions, I'll just jump right to Assault on the Sentinel, since that's the first IMC match I still haven't won (followed by Here Be Dragons and I think maybe Demeter).

I OU a Beatn
03-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Sounds good. I've got some good burn cards ready to go.

If anyone wants to play with us, just post here or message one of us on Live and we'll get you in. It would be nice to get 4 or 5 into a party.