PDA

View Full Version : The Wonderful Black Hole of Sports Podcast - General Thread

JBHuskers
06-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Wanna gauge the usual readers of this section of TGT to see if you'd be interested in listening to a weekly (or so) podcast talking about the top topics in sports...also take questions from the forums and etc.....

On top of that, I want to test out my new toy :)

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Yeti-USB-Microphone/dp/B002VA464S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309373735&sr=8-1

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41aAAkttKOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

ram29jackson
06-29-2011, 02:52 PM
if you are willing to exploit yourself on the interwebs, I'm willing to listen to it :)

is there any other reason you bought that thing ?

interview some of your workmates.....?

SmoothPancakes
06-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Did you have to choose one that looks so much like a dildo?

ram29jackson
06-29-2011, 03:04 PM
i've never paid attention to Amazon ? is it kind of like Ebay? I notice it sells used items....? i thought it was just an online mall for new stuff..?

morsdraconis
06-29-2011, 03:07 PM
I'd be down with it as long as it was about football or basketball and not golf, tennis, rugby, or baseball. ;)

morsdraconis
06-29-2011, 03:08 PM
i've never paid attention to Amazon ? is it kind of like Ebay? I notice it sells used items....? i thought it was just an online mall for new stuff..?

Amazon is the shit. You should definitely check it out next time you want to buy something. Shipping, unlike Ebay, is pretty reasonable most of the time, and GREAT if you get hooked and decide to pay the $75 a year for the Prime membership to get free 3-day shipping.

JBHuskers
06-29-2011, 03:40 PM
if you are willing to exploit yourself on the interwebs, I'm willing to listen to it :)

is there any other reason you bought that thing ?

interview some of your workmates.....?

Podcasts and video voice overs mainly is the reason why I bought it.

ram29jackson
06-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Amazon is the shit. You should definitely check it out next time you want to buy something. Shipping, unlike Ebay, is pretty reasonable most of the time, and GREAT if you get hooked and decide to pay the $75 a year for the Prime membership to get free 3-day shipping.

:up:

ram29jackson
06-29-2011, 03:45 PM

thats fine..who cares ? :D (((((interview your workmates))))):D

oh,..does this mean you might do a little commentary for some of your online league games this year too? I look forward to that. But your original idea is good as well..even if you only end up doing it 3 times before you get too busy with life and the idea fades away into memory haha

ram29jackson
06-29-2011, 03:46 PM

youre the baseball freak, right ? or is that CDJ?

JBHuskers
06-29-2011, 03:53 PM
youre the baseball freak, right ? or is that CDJ?

That'd be me.

ram29jackson
06-29-2011, 07:55 PM
if I notice you doing one sometime, I might type some general baseball questions...

psusnoop
06-29-2011, 10:12 PM
That'd be interesting I'm a sports junky, well major sports that is. Not a tennis fan though.

JBHuskers
06-29-2011, 10:39 PM
That'd be interesting I'm a sports junky, well major sports that is. Not a tennis fan though.

Highly doubt I'd talk about tennis unless it is something that Sharapova wore.

JBHuskers
06-29-2011, 10:39 PM
I'll do a one-man pilot test run, maybe post a list of topics and I could field some MLB questions....

psusnoop
06-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Highly doubt I'd talk about tennis unless it is something that Sharapova wore.

Lol now that is worth discussing.

JBHuskers
06-30-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm going to name the podcast The Wonderful Black Hole of Sports (a take on the Wide World of Sports)....might do the pilot later this weekend....who knows :D

I'll probably talk about my all-star ballot, maybe if the NFL has anything news worthy, and anything else that might come up except tennis.

psusnoop
06-30-2011, 08:38 AM
I just submitted my Allstar ballots.

psuexv
06-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Sounds awesome...

JBHuskers
06-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Okay for Ep. 1:

MLB All-Star Ballot
MLB Call-ups
Charlie Sheen admitting use of steroids during "Major League"
Fantasy Baseball Roundup

What I would like from you guys is any comments on the All-Star Ballot, and any of the other topics....also I'll field any baseball questions, including fantasy baseball.

psusnoop
06-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Should we start submitting question now?

texacotea
06-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Talk about Reyes and his Rediculous year and why he hasnt performed to that level his career. Where will he go after this yr? will the mets give him the money for the level hes playing at?

Also who has the best pitching staff in the NL (minus the Phils)

psusnoop
06-30-2011, 12:09 PM
I want to hear your thoughts on the Puljos injury and the impact it may or may not have on this next contract.

Talk about the months Verlander and Lee have had in June.

SmoothPancakes
06-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Thoughts and opinions on the Dodgers situation, and how it will affect their team, not only this year in the clubhouse, but in the future in regards to free agency.

JBHuskers
06-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Should we start submitting question now?

Yep!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

psusnoop
06-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Midway point surprises and disappoints for MLB?

JBHuskers
06-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the topics guys .... hopefully I will knock this out over the long weekend and hopefully you guys will like it!

JBHuskers
06-30-2011, 02:15 PM
I'll use this general thread for upcoming shows and your guy's input like you had just done above....then for each episode I'll create a new thread or maybe a subforum.

morsdraconis
06-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Boo! Baseball sucks!

JBHuskers
06-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Boo! Baseball sucks!

But it's all we have right now!!! :D

steelerfan
06-30-2011, 02:33 PM
NHL Free Agency begins tomorrow. ;)

JBHuskers
06-30-2011, 02:36 PM
NHL Free Agency begins tomorrow. ;)

That's where I will have Steelerfan be a co-host :nod: :D

morsdraconis
06-30-2011, 03:00 PM
But it's all we have right now!!! :D

:D

I know, but it still sucks. ;)

JBHuskers
06-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Ram I deleted your thread because that is just going to be for the episodes....general chat will go in those episode threads or in here....finished episodes are going to go in the that sub forum.

JBHuskers
06-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Maybe I should mention this (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?1309-Random-Pro-Sports-Banter&p=74745&viewfull=1#post74745) on the pilot episode :D :D

ram29jackson
06-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Ram I deleted your thread because that is just going to be for the episodes....general chat will go in those episode threads or in here....finished episodes are going to go in the that sub forum.

LOL I realize that,.. I figured I caught you early while you were organizing stuff and just wanted step on the wet concrete before you noticed :D

SmoothPancakes
06-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Another topic for sometime, the NBA officially going into a lockout at midnight tonight, sending two of the four major sports into lockout situations at the same time.

baseballplyrmvp
06-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Boo! Baseball sucks!wha....what did i ever do to you? :confused:

But it's all we have right now!!! :Di'm an it? :fdown:

I know, but it still sucks. ;):o :smh:

JBHuskers
06-30-2011, 08:55 PM

NatureBoy
06-30-2011, 10:19 PM
But it's all we have right now!!! :D;) Pro Wrestling = 52 weeks a year.

morsdraconis
06-30-2011, 10:38 PM
wha....what did i ever do to you? :confused:

i'm an it? :fdown:

:o :smh:

:D :D

ram29jackson
06-30-2011, 10:45 PM
;) Pro Wrestling = 52 weeks a year.

he said sports, not sitcoms

JBHuskers
07-01-2011, 08:25 AM
Update for Ep. 1:

MLB All-Star Ballot
MLB Call-ups
Early thoughts on the NBA Lockout
Fantasy Baseball Roundup
Gaming Tailgaters' "Mailbag" (topics that were requested by you....yes NatureBoy, I'll talk a little pro wrestling ;))

Gonna record this today or tomorrow since the All-Star team will be announced on Sunday.

morsdraconis
07-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Damn it, now I gotta listen to hear your thoughts on the lockout. ;)

JBHuskers
07-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Damn it, now I gotta listen to hear your thoughts on the lockout. ;)

I did that just for you.

Not really. :D

psusnoop
07-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Nice, the call ups should be fun. Gotta give the Pirates and their call ups some love :D

JBHuskers
07-01-2011, 12:06 PM
I have created a Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Wonderful-Black-Hole-of-Sports-Podcast/227954147225127?sk=wall)! "Like" it :nod:

JBHuskers
07-01-2011, 06:32 PM
I would like to give a VERY BIG THANKS to Tommy for implementing my idea for a logo and making it perfect!

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/blackholelogo.png

NatureBoy
07-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Update for Ep. 1:

MLB All-Star Ballot
MLB Call-ups
Early thoughts on the NBA Lockout
Fantasy Baseball Roundup
Gaming Tailgaters' "Mailbag" (topics that were requested by you....yes NatureBoy, I'll talk a little pro wrestling ;))

Gonna record this today or tomorrow since the All-Star team will be announced on Sunday.:up::up:

JBHuskers
07-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Midway point surprises and disappoints for MLB?

I think this will be the main topic of my next podcast.

JBHuskers
07-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Episode 1 is now live! (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2576-Episode-1-The-Wonderful-Black-Hole-of-Sports-Podcast&p=75527&viewfull=1#post75527)

SmoothPancakes
07-01-2011, 11:04 PM
That was a good job man. One thing I noticed, I don't know if this is how you do it, but it sounded like you maybe recorded the various mailbag questions in multiple segments and then edited them together or something instead of possibly doing it all in one massive recording and then editing out any restarts or anything. That was the first thing that stood out to me was going from say Nature Boy's question into the next one, there was a big difference in volume/vocal level between the two, as well it was an almost instantaneous switch from the end of the wrestling talk immediately into the next topic, without really any natural break of a second or two in there. Working in radio since 2008, it's just one of those little things that sort of stand out to me in every podcast or show on the radio that I listen to.

Still a great show nonetheless. Just listening to it reminds me that I need to start listening to the High Instability internet radio show every week again. I unfortunately haven't listened to that since sometime last fall.

JBHuskers
07-01-2011, 11:07 PM
That was a good job man. One thing I noticed, I don't know if this is how you do it, but it sounded like you maybe recorded the various mailbag questions in multiple segments and then edited them together or something instead of possibly doing it all in one massive recording and then editing out any restarts or anything. That was the first thing that stood out to me was going from say Nature Boy's question into the next one, there was a big difference in volume/vocal level between the two, as well it was an almost instantaneous switch from the end of the wrestling talk immediately into the next topic, without really any natural break of a second or two in there. Working in radio since 2008, it's just one of those little things that sort of stand out to me in every podcast or show on the radio that I listen to.

Still a great show nonetheless. Just listening to it reminds me that I need to start listening to the High Instability internet radio show every week again. I unfortunately haven't listened to that since sometime last fall.

It was all in one take, I just start the segment loud and get normal I think is what it is, plus I edit out some dead air, mistakes, and etc.

I also need to get a pop filter, that might help with things as well.

Thanks for the words man!

SmoothPancakes
07-01-2011, 11:24 PM
It was all in one take, I just start the segment loud and get normal I think is what it is, plus I edit out some dead air, mistakes, and etc.

I also need to get a pop filter, that might help with things as well.

Thanks for the words man!

Yeah, I couldn't quite make out if it was all one take or strung together individual segments. Still sounded good though and kept my full interest throughout the entire show, even on the topics I may not necessarily have a major interest in. Biggest thing then, based on your reply, is just be careful a bit with editing out the dead air, especially when going from one topic to the next. It really is something very minor, but it just one of those things that sort of bother me in podcasts and recordings when someone ends a sentence and instantly goes into a new one without even so much of a break as a second. It just sounds very unnatural.

When you're in the zone and rolling on sentence after sentence about a specific topic, that's fine and doesn't sound too bad if you keep it going without really too much of a break, but when going from one topic to a new topic, it sounds better and makes for a better transition to have one or two seconds of silence and dead air to sort of signify that you are done with that topic and are about to go into a new one. Again, a very minor thing and not really a big deal, just some suggestions and thoughts from my experience on air.

JBHuskers
07-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Cool man, I appreciate it! I'll just leave in the dead air then and if I delete a little segment of an error, I'll make sure to have some air in between.

JBHuskers
07-02-2011, 02:38 PM
YouTube vids for the first episode are done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAgbDOH_8w0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50vuCewFP-w

And Smooth, I just got a pop filter off Amazon so that should fix the problems you were hearing. I was trying to edit the pops out which is why it seemed like I pieced the segments together.

NatureBoy
07-02-2011, 03:04 PM
I just finished listening to the show. Great job JB.

JBHuskers
07-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Tentative rundown for Ep. 2:

Top Story: Surprises and Disappointments in First Half of the 2011 MLB Season
All-Star Selections: The Rundown, Surprises, Snubs
Fantasy Baseball Rundown
The Gaming Tailgaters' Mailbag

Go ahead and post some quick hitters you'd like mentioned on this podcast!

psusnoop
07-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Enjoyed it and looking forward to episode 2 should be fun.

Thinking of some quick hitters.....

NatureBoy
07-03-2011, 10:39 PM

Fantasy Baseball Rundown

Go ahead and post some quick hitters you'd like mentioned on this podcast! Your thoughts on the upcoming Money in the Bank PPV. Who do you think will win MITB? Will they be successful cashing it in to win the World Title or WWE Title?

JBHuskers
07-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Keep them coming, planning on recording either Thursday or Friday.

texacotea
07-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Mid Season awards? who you got.
also do you prefer the mini cupcakes or the regular size cupcakes?

psuexv
07-05-2011, 09:29 AM

[/LIST]

McCutchen, McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen, McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen, McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen, McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen, McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen, McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,

JBHuskers
07-05-2011, 09:31 AM

Mid Season Awards ... good one!

McCutchen, McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen, McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen, McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen, McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen, McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen, McCutchen,McCutchen,McCutchen,

:D I'd have to think about that...I didn't have him voted in as a starter....as a reserve, yeah I think he might have been.

psuexv
07-05-2011, 09:37 AM
:D I'd have to think about that...I didn't have him voted in as a starter....as a reserve, yeah I think he might have been.

Well I can't argue with Matt Kemp and Berkman, but he should have been over Braun. Their numbers are very comparable.

JBHuskers
07-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Well I can't argue with Matt Kemp and Berkman, but he should have been over Braun. Their numbers are very comparable.

Now that Braun is hurt....that's possible.

psuexv
07-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Now that Braun is hurt....that's possible.

I might have to call for a special guest co-host so I can argue the case..... :D :D

JBHuskers
07-05-2011, 09:50 AM
I might have to call for a special guest co-host so I can argue the case..... :D :D

Don't have the recording software for that yet :D so you'll just have to listen to me. :P

psusnoop
07-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Don't have the recording software for that yet :D so you'll just have to listen to me. :P

In other words, no way is he picking up that call from "E" in Central PA. :D:D

psuexv
07-05-2011, 10:00 AM
In other words, no way is he picking up that call from "E" in Central PA. :D:D

LOL

psusnoop
07-05-2011, 10:00 AM
With the Braun injury it may help him get in, or if someone else does.

More proof of his worth (well not an exact science it sure does shed some light on things)

http://www.piratesprospects.com/2011/07/andrew-mccutchen-a-real-star.html

texacotea
07-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Oh an Fantasy football...never to early for that.

psusnoop
07-05-2011, 10:30 AM

JBHuskers
07-05-2011, 10:33 AM

If there will be any :D

morsdraconis
07-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Like to hear your thoughts on the NBA and the possible direction of it becoming less of a superstar league and thus breaking up teams like the Heat where they have multiple very large contracts or teams like Orlando and Gilbert Arenas where teams are GROSSLY overpaying players because of how insane the market has gotten combined with the news that 22 of the 30 teams in the NBA are significantly losing money.

texacotea
07-05-2011, 11:56 AM
If there will be any :D

oh they better be and before the 20th.....I need my 6 free wings from buffalo wild wings :) :) :)

JBHuskers
07-05-2011, 02:28 PM

Fantasy Baseball Rundown

Your thoughts on the upcoming Money in the Bank PPV. Who do you think will win MITB? Will they be successful cashing it in to win the World Title or WWE Title?

Like to hear your thoughts on the NBA and the possible direction of it becoming less of a superstar league and thus breaking up teams like the Heat where they have multiple very large contracts or teams like Orlando and Gilbert Arenas where teams are GROSSLY overpaying players because of how insane the market has gotten combined with the news that 22 of the 30 teams in the NBA are significantly losing money.

Putting this all together to make it easier for me to find :D still have some room for The Gaming Tailgaters' mailbag.

JBHuskers
07-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Also, I would like to thank psuexv's donation bribe to get me to talk some Andrew McCutchen. A whole $0.69 was deposited into my PayPal account :D I'm halfway to a Mickey D's double cheeseburger baby!

SmoothPancakes
07-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Bikini or thong?

psusnoop
07-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Also, I would like to thank psuexv's donation bribe to get me to talk some Andrew McCutchen. A whole $0.69 was deposited into my PayPal account :D I'm halfway to a Mickey D's double cheeseburger baby!

discuss whom you think the pirates deal away come trade deadline time

psusnoop
07-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Maybe a little Jeter talk and his pursuit off 3000 hits. Maybe his current contract and was it worth it?

Should the Yankees go after a reliever this season since Rivera is 41?

JBHuskers
07-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Maybe a little Jeter talk and his pursuit off 3000 hits. Maybe his current contract and was it worth it?

Should the Yankees go after a reliever this season since Rivera is 41?

Fantasy Baseball Rundown

Your thoughts on the upcoming Money in the Bank PPV. Who do you think will win MITB? Will they be successful cashing it in to win the World Title or WWE Title?

Also going to include the winners of the Final Vote for the MLB All-Star game....right now Konerko and Victorino are leading.

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 10:21 AM
I still want to talk about the June call-ups as 2011 has a great crop of young players like Hosmer, Moustakas, Rizzo, and now Mike Trout (only 19 years old) is getting the call-up tonight for the Angels. Probably will talk about them on Ep. 3.

steelerfan
07-08-2011, 11:10 AM
You need to do a live call-in show on Justintv. :nod:

Just crank your speakerphone up, lol.

psuexv
07-08-2011, 11:19 AM
You need to do a live call-in show on Justintv. :nod:

Just crank your speakerphone up, lol.

That's what I'm pulling for :up:

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 11:21 AM
:fp: :D

morsdraconis
07-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Absolutely!

I'd call in in a heartbeat. Put me and :sf: on the phone together. Comedy is guaranteed to ensue.

I'll even be sure to have a few drinks beforehand. :D

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Absolutely!

I'd call in in a heartbeat. Put me and :sf: on the phone together. Comedy is guaranteed to ensue.

Maybe in the future for The Gaming Tailgater's mailbag, I'll have people call in to Skype and ask the questions :D I still have to decide on recording software yet, but it's definitely a direction to go in the future.

:sf: and I have been talking about doing a podcast together for a little while now...so this is just the start of it, and if he wants to jump in he can. I have had a couple people say they'd like to co-host.

I first want to see what my YouTube limit is ... all they say is a I can upload videos longer than 15 minutes, they didn't give me a max.

morsdraconis
07-08-2011, 01:32 PM
If it's longer than 15 minutes, it's unlimited. I have a friend that's uploaded 35-50 minute videos before without any problems.

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 01:38 PM
If it's longer than 15 minutes, it's unlimited. I have a friend that's uploaded 35-50 minute videos before without any problems.

Fucking sweet :up: The TGT YT account got dinged for some stupid shit so it's not eligble for an upgrade ever I think. From what I heard if you get dinged, you won't be able to ever (but at least we can get 15 minutes there).

psuexv
07-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Absolutely!

And we are that much closer to the S&M show. :up:

psuexv
07-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Skype or you could use the Google+ video chat.

Oh, you could use that Hangout feature and it could be like Around the Horn... FTW

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Skype or you could use the Google+ video chat.

Oh, you could use that Hangout feature and it could be like Around the Horn... FTW

I don't want video of you fools....

psuexv
07-08-2011, 01:43 PM
I don't want video of you fools....

Ummmm.... it's about what the viewers want. :fp:

morsdraconis
07-08-2011, 01:49 PM
You don't want my fat hideous mug on video, believe me.

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Knowing you guys if I put you on the show with video you'll have subliminal cocks drawn on your wall or something.

steelerfan
07-08-2011, 03:12 PM
subliminal cocks

:D :D :D

morsdraconis
07-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Knowing you guys if I put you on the show with video you'll have subliminal cocks drawn on your wall or something.

On the wall? Hell, I'd just flop it out and put it up to the camera for all to see.

steelerfan
07-08-2011, 04:02 PM
My buddy and I used to have a blog. He did a couple of shows for it on justintv and he had his gf with him in one and he was telling the dumbasses who were watching that it was his neighbor who he was fucking while her husband was fighting in Iraq. People were getting PISSED! :D :D :D

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 06:04 PM
My buddy and I used to have a blog. He did a couple of shows for it on justintv and he had his gf with him in one and he was telling the dumbasses who were watching that it was his neighbor who he was fucking while her husband was fighting in Iraq. People were getting PISSED! :D :D :D

:fp: :D :fp: :D :fp: :D

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Snoop, remind me about Jeter for next week, I'll wait til he gets to 3000 and prob make it my "top story" This week's top story will be the retirement of Yao.

JBHuskers
07-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Episode 2 recorded! Going to edit and upload to YouTube....maybe late tonight I'll have it posted.

JBHuskers
07-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Episode 2 is now live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFfOOyLlDOs

Discussion/feedback can be put in the episode thread here. (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2640-Episode-2-The-Wonderful-Black-Hole-of-Sports-Podcast)

JBHuskers
07-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Now accepting ideas for The Gaming Tailgater's Mailbag segment :up:

NatureBoy
07-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Now accepting ideas for The Gaming Tailgater's Mailbag segment :up: Moving to pro wrestling thread.

JBHuskers
07-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Hmmm I don't really watch TNA Naitch....

NatureBoy
07-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Hmmm I don't really watch TNA Naitch.... Sorry, I didn't know. I will come up with one tomorrow if that's ok. I will move this question to the pro wrestling thread. Thanks JB.

JBHuskers
07-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Sorry, I didn't know. I will come up with one tomorrow if that's ok. I will move this question to the pro wrestling thread. Thanks JB.

No biggie man....I just can't stick with TNA, but once in a while I tune in, but it's been months for me lately so I wouldn't have much to say on the subject. Maybe something will happen on Raw that you'd like me to expand on :) thanks for contributing though bro....I appreciate it!

psusnoop
07-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Talk about the 84 or is it 85 or 86 players being invited for the All Star game and share any thoughts and ideas of how they could change things. I love the fan votes but in the case of say a Derek Jeter, is he really worthy of it this season and his decision to skip it then.

Maybe why someone like 3B Armis Rameriz decided to skip it as well. Which then put 3B Scott Rolen in, and he certainly shouldn't be there in my opinion either but just share some thoughts on this.

I want to hear your thoughts of the amazing soccer game between the USA vs Brazil and the impact it has on soccer nation (note, I didn't watch it live just sportscenter highlights)

texacotea
07-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Question came up today between a buddy and mine. Would you take 10-2 with a conf championship and a loss to your rival or 8-4 with a win against your rival?

JBHuskers
07-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Talk about the 84 or is it 85 or 86 players being invited for the All Star game and share any thoughts and ideas of how they could change things. I love the fan votes but in the case of say a Derek Jeter, is he really worthy of it this season and his decision to skip it then.

Maybe why someone like 3B Armis Rameriz decided to skip it as well. Which then put 3B Scott Rolen in, and he certainly shouldn't be there in my opinion either but just share some thoughts on this.

I want to hear your thoughts of the amazing soccer game between the USA vs Brazil and the impact it has on soccer nation (note, I didn't watch it live just sportscenter highlights)

Question came up today between a buddy and mine. Would you take 10-2 with a conf championship and a loss to your rival or 8-4 with a win against your rival?

Good ideas fellas.

In regards to the MLB, A-Ram already had a flight going to the Dominican last night...he didn't find out about the selection until yesterday afternoon...too late to change his international flight plans. But I do want to bring the situation up, along with each team being represented and everything.

texacotea
07-11-2011, 03:45 PM
also what would you do with jeters ball if you caught it?

psusnoop
07-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Thats a good one too Tex

texacotea
07-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Boo you on not talking about fantasy......:D

I think Jair gets the CY young over Hallady mid season. Could def change the rest of the yr and prob will but Jair has been dominate 1st to 12 wins in the NL and a sub 2 ERA

psusnoop
07-11-2011, 04:16 PM

I think Jair gets the CY young over Hallady mid season. Could def change the rest of the yr and prob will but Jair has been dominate 1st to 12 wins in the NL and a sub 2 ERA

Lets hope that changes within the next 7 to 10 days!

I agree on the CY young too, hard not to agree with it though I could see it either way and not feel dirty about it. :D:D

JBHuskers
07-11-2011, 07:22 PM

Jair has about 80 less K's too. And they trail the Phils.

texacotea
07-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Jair has about 80 less K's too. And they trail the Phils.

They trail the phils because of the other 4 starters against each other.

NatureBoy
07-12-2011, 08:35 AM
No biggie man....I just can't stick with TNA, but once in a while I tune in, but it's been months for me lately so I wouldn't have much to say on the subject. Maybe something will happen on Raw that you'd like me to expand on :) thanks for contributing though bro....I appreciate it! What's your thoughts on the WWE Championship match Sunday night at the MITB PPV? What's the chances Punk wins the Title in his hometown of Chicago and leaves the Company with it? And do you think Vince will really fire Cena if he loses?

;) We all know this is storyline material but it makes for some great TV watchin'.

JBHuskers
07-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Tentative rundown for episode 3:

Top Story: Jeter Getting 3000th Hit
The Open
MLB All-Star Home Run Derby & Game
Women's World Cup (yes I guess I will talk about it :D)
Fantasy Baseball Roundup
The Gaming Tailgater's Mailbag

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/6765849/companies-pay-new-york-yankees-fan-christian-lopez-taxes

Something to add for the Jeter story.

JBHuskers
07-13-2011, 12:23 PM

What's your thoughts on the WWE Championship match Sunday night at the MITB PPV? What's the chances Punk wins the Title in his hometown of Chicago and leaves the Company with it? And do you think Vince will really fire Cena if he loses?

;) We all know this is storyline material but it makes for some great TV watchin'.

Mailbag items.

JBHuskers
07-15-2011, 04:04 PM
NFL talks I'll save for "hopefully" the top story of next week as "hopefully" we have good news going into the weekend.

JBHuskers
07-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Looks like I'll be recording tomorrow, I'll hold off with the completions of The Open and the Women's World Cup final.

mrh61988
07-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Do you think you will be able to post it before or after Money in the Bank?

JBHuskers
07-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Do you think you will be able to post it before or after Money in the Bank?

I'll be recording it before MITB because I'm going out to a friends to see the PPV. Not sure when I will post it though, after rendering and uploading to YouTube.

JBHuskers
07-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Not sure I'll wait for the World Cup though. I'll talk about the finish next week, I'll talk more about Brazil this week.

JBHuskers
07-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Not sure I'll wait for the World Cup though. I'll talk about the finish next week, I'll talk more about Brazil this week.

Yeah I'll wait for the World Cup to end as I should have sometime before I have to leave tonight.

psusnoop
07-18-2011, 11:13 AM
NFL talks I'll save for "hopefully" the top story of next week as "hopefully" we have good news going into the weekend.

Still waiting on this "good news", hopefully this week is the week has to be.

JBHuskers
07-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Yeah ... hoping so. I didn't get a chance to record last night, fell asleep during the Women's World Cup :D might shoot for tonight or tomorrow.

NatureBoy
07-19-2011, 07:51 AM
What are your thoughts on Vince being "relieved of his duties"? I know you touched on it in the Pro Wrestling thread. I just can't see Vince riding off into the sunset.

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Haven't forgot about this, just been a busy week, there will be times where it's two weeks between shows. I may mix the line up a little bit, but will definitely keep the mailbag items in. "Might" record tonight.

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Updated rundown for Ep. 3

What are your thoughts on Vince being "relieved of his duties"? I know you touched on it in the Pro Wrestling thread. I just can't see Vince riding off into the sunset.

Mailbag items.

Top Story: NFL is back (hopefully)
Breakdown of Darren Clarke's win at The Open
Women's World Cup
Fantasy Baseball Rundown

If you have new items for the mailbag, definitely post them and I can get them in, you can thank YouTube giving me unlimited rope :nod:

JBHuskers
07-22-2011, 01:12 AM
Here's a good read for me :D (http://mashable.com/2011/07/21/podcasting-tips-small-business/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Mashable+%28Mashable%29&utm_content=Twitter)

ram29jackson
07-22-2011, 01:18 AM
gee, kinda looks like the long form of what I said earlier, just a little bit

JBHuskers
07-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Recording today....going to add in some video highlights to the show to change things up a bit I think....hope you like it :up: should be posted late tonight.

JBHuskers
07-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Well the video highlights was a bad idea....YouTube flagged one and now knocked me back down to a 15 minute video limit :fp:

psusnoop
07-25-2011, 08:28 AM
:fp::fp:

JBHuskers
07-25-2011, 08:44 AM
My opening always gets flagged because of the Pantera song, but then I got flagged by FIFA.....f'n soccer.

psusnoop
07-25-2011, 08:51 AM
:D soccer of all things that is funny.

JBHuskers
07-25-2011, 08:52 AM
:D soccer of all things that is funny.

Yeah guess I shouldn't have done video highlights....because just the opening theme was fine, but since two things were flagged now in the same video, I'm back to a 15 minute limit :fdown:

psusnoop
07-25-2011, 08:55 AM
That part is the shitty part. Try to add some spice to it and it comes back to bite you in the ass. :fp:

Adding highlights though is a cool idea :nod:

JBHuskers
07-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Yeah it's going to be a pain in the ass again with the 15 minute limit....unless there is some auto play option to tie the two parts together. But shit, ep. 2 was over 30 minutes which means I would have had to break that down into three parts :fp:

gschwendt
07-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Yeah it's going to be a pain in the ass again with the 15 minute limit....unless there is some auto play option to tie the two parts together. But shit, ep. 2 was over 30 minutes which means I would have had to break that down into three parts :fp:You can add episodes to a playlist and they'll auto-continue from the first to the second if someone starts the playlist. Can also make the second part of the episode a response to the first part.

JBHuskers
07-25-2011, 09:24 AM
You can add episodes to a playlist and they'll auto-continue from the first to the second if someone starts the playlist. Can also make the second part of the episode a response to the first part.

So as long as they hit play on part one, it will automatically continue all the way through?

gschwendt
07-25-2011, 09:25 AM
So as long as they hit play on part one, it will automatically continue all the way through?
Well, I'm not positive how it works if they just find episode one on their own, it won't. But if you link to the playlist, then it will.

JBHuskers
07-25-2011, 09:27 AM
Holy crap....I deleted the video that was flagged and now I'm back to unlimited!!!!!

I'll just have to go back to audio only. I'll have to re-edit my .WAV file to take out mentions of the videos and re-render.

morsdraconis
07-25-2011, 10:11 AM
That's really shitty (that they flagged you for video highlights). Net neutrality is SERIOUSLY getting out of hand. I fuckin' hate our government sometimes. We are still in the fuckin' stone age of the internet.

JBHuskers
07-25-2011, 10:24 AM
That's really shitty (that they flagged you for video highlights). Net neutrality is SERIOUSLY getting out of hand. I fuckin' hate our government sometimes. We are still in the fuckin' stone age of the internet.

Agreed...:D

Well thanks to the wonderful technology of remote computing, I was able to get into my computer at home, do some quick edits and am rendering the show right now. That'll take about 2 hours then another 90 mins to upload to YouTube I'm guessing. That was f'n awesome that when I deleted the FIFA flagged video, that I got my unlimited back. Thankfully Pantera continues to let me use their song for their opening ;)

JBHuskers
07-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Tenative topics for Episode 4....

THE NFL IS BACK!
MLB Trade Deadline Rumors and News

Along with the staples of the show:

Fantasy Baseball Roundup

Definitely get me what you would like talked about in the mailbag for episode 4 whenever something comes up. I will plan on recording sometime between Friday and Sunday.

JBHuskers
07-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Alright, after the delay and losing my unlimited uploading scare....the podcast should be done in a little over an hour and a half :up:

JBHuskers
07-25-2011, 03:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egANHaaPyY4

Episode 3 is now live! Discuss here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?3060-Episode-3-The-Wonderful-Black-Hole-of-Sports-Podcast).

ram29jackson
07-25-2011, 05:02 PM
the mere fact that anyone watches wrestling for more than 120 seconds is fascinating on its own.

ram29jackson
07-25-2011, 05:11 PM
..did you say ..representeted ? :D pretty sure thats what I heard:D

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 01:17 PM
I think for Episode 4, this will cover enough time:

NFL is back! Full breakdown.
MLB Trade Deadline
Fantasy Baseball Roundup
Gaming Tailgaters Mailbag (still need suggestions)

morsdraconis
07-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Gotta hear your impressions on the various personnel moves teams have made.

I'll make a whole list for you later on if you want.

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Gotta hear your impressions on the various personnel moves teams have made.

I'll make a whole list for you later on if you want.

Yes, please.

morsdraconis
07-27-2011, 08:01 PM
2011 Free Agent Signings

QB Tarvaris Jackson - Seahawks - 2 years $8 million
WR Santana Moss - Redskins - 3 years $15 million ($6 million guaranteed)
OT Jeromey Clary - Chargers - 4 years $20 million
LB Paul Posluszny - Jaquars - 6 years $42 million
QB Matt Hasselbeck - Titans - 3 years $21 million
OLB Stephen Nicholas - Falcons - 5 years $17.5 million
S Eric Weddle - Chargers - 5 years $40 million ($19 millon guaranteed)
OL Marshal Yanda - Ravens - 5 years $32 million
S Quintin Mikell - Rams - 4 years $28 million
DE Charles Johnson - Panthers - 6 years $72 million ($30 million guaranteed)
QB Alex Smith - 49ers - resigned $5 million for one season
QB Tyler Thigpen - Bills - 3 years
CB Ike Taylor - Steelers - 4 years
LB Takeo Spikes - Chargers
OG Robert Gallery - Seahawks - 3 years
OLB Quincy Black - Buccaneers - 5 years $29 million ($11.5 million guaranteed)
QB Bruce Gradkowski - Bengals - 2 years
OLB James Anderson - Panthers - 5 years $22 million
CB Drayton Florence - Bills - 3 years $15 million
DE/DT Ray McDonald - 49ers - 5 years $20 million
WR Signey Rice - Seahawks - 5 years $41 million ($18 million guaranteed)
WR Steve Breaston - Chiefs - 5 years
OT Doug Free - Cowboys - 4 years $32 million ($17 million guaranteed)
K Mason Crosby - Packers - 5 years
WR Jacoby Jones - Texans - 3 years $10.5 million
OT Rashad Butler - Texans - 2 years $3.8 million
WR Santonio Holmes - Jets - 5 years $50 million ($24 million guaranteed)
QB Kellen Clemens - Redskins - 1 year
RB DeAngelo Williams - Panthers - 5 years $43 million ($21 million guaranteed)
QB Matt Leinart - Texans (terms/length unknown)
WR Brandon Stokley - Redskins - 1 year
DT Barry Cofield - Redskins - 6 years $36 million ($12.5 million guaranteed)
WR Dante Stallworth - Redskins - 1 year
CB Josh Wilson - Redskins - 3 years $13.5 million ($6 million guaranteed)
P Adam Podlesh - Bears - 5 years
DE Stephen Bowens - Redskins - 5 years $27.5 million ($12.5 million guaranteed)
DE Jason Babin - Eagles - 5 years $28 million
OC Chris Chester - Redskins - 5 years $20 million
LB Clint Session - Jaguars - 5 years $29million ($11.5 million guaranteed)
CB Johnathan Joseph - Texans - 5 years $48.75 million ($23.5 million guaranteed)
OT Tyson Clabo - Falcons
K David Akers - 49ers - 3 years
RB Darren Sproles - Saints - 2 years
LB Jon Beason - Panthers - 5 years $50 million ($25 million guaranteed)

Trades

DE Jeremy Jarmon - Redskins - traded for WR Jabar Gaffney - Broncos
QB Donovan McNabb - Redskins - traded for 2011 6th rounder and a 2012 conditional 6th round pick (unknown the min/max at the moment but that it could definitely be better than a 6th if he does well for them) - Vikings
DT Albert Haynesworth - Redskins - Traded for 5th round 2012 draft pick - Patriots
RB Reggie Bush - Saints - Traded for unknown amount - Dolphins
QB Kevin Kolb - Eagles - Traded for CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a 2nd round draft pick - Arizona
WR Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson - Bengals - Traded for unknown amount - Patriots
TE Greg Olsen - Bears - Traded for 2012 3rd round pick - Panthers

morsdraconis
07-27-2011, 08:01 PM
I'll update it as the Free Agency period progresses.

SmoothPancakes
07-27-2011, 08:06 PM
We seriously traded away Jabar Gaffney? He was only our second best receiver last season. :fp:

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 08:15 PM
I'll update it as the Free Agency period progresses.

Appreciate it!

morsdraconis
07-27-2011, 08:47 PM
We seriously traded away Jabar Gaffney? He was only our second best receiver last season. :fp:

It's likely that you'll be getting rid of Orton as well (which I think is a HUGE mistake).

Appreciate it!

No problem man.

SmoothPancakes
07-27-2011, 09:06 PM
It's likely that you'll be getting rid of Orton as well (which I think is a HUGE mistake).

Agreed. As much as I have jumped on the Tebow bandwagon ever since the Broncos drafted him, he still needs more time to get his skills tightened up to be a good, everyday NFL QB. He has plenty of raw talent and skill and a HELL of a work ethic. The Broncos just need to get that all honed and then he could do a great job at the QB position for years for Denver. But now is not that time.

And Brady Quinn is definitely not the answer either, a move I'm still pissed off all to hell about. The Broncos have traded away so many good RBs. Clinton Portis, Peyton Hillis, released Ryan Torain, etc. If they ever trade away Knowshon Moreno, who is pretty much the only RB we have, I'm going to kill a bitch. The only other RB really worth a damn is LenDale White, who is coming off a torn Achilles tendon that cost him the entire 2010 season. We did have Laurence Maroney for most of the season last week, though he only played in 4 games, and unless the Broncos resign him by the weekend, he's most likely gone in the free agency bonanza going on right now.

morsdraconis
07-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Updated with a few more additions today. Will update again later on this evening once the day's insanity has calmed down.

JBHuskers
07-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Awesome....this is going to be a fun podcast to do. Especially glad that I have unlimited upload with YouTube cuz this one might go long :nod:

morsdraconis
07-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Probably will be a long one. There's gonna be QUITE a bit of free agency to talk about.

morsdraconis
07-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Updated again with the day's happenings. More information will probably come to light in the next day as most of the FA signings can't be officially announced until Friday.

NatureBoy
07-29-2011, 04:04 PM
A lot of wrestling fans are saying the WWE brought CM Punk back too soon. What are your thoughts on this JB?

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 04:24 PM
A lot of wrestling fans are saying the WWE brought CM Punk back too soon. What are your thoughts on this JB?

OOOOOH good one, cuz I have a strong opinion on it.

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm definitely up for more mailbag items for the week....always room for that.

mrh61988
07-29-2011, 09:34 PM
What do you think about the Bengals/Carson Palmer situation. Do you think the Bengals are being stupid not trading him and getting nothing for him.

JBHuskers
07-30-2011, 02:29 PM
What do you think about the Bengals/Carson Palmer situation. Do you think the Bengals are being stupid not trading him and getting nothing for him.

:up: thanks man will put that in the show. Probably recording tomorrow, so keep giving me some mailbag items!

SmoothPancakes
07-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Sort of following in the footsteps of mrh61988, what are your thoughts about Ochocinco and Haynesworth going to the Patriots? Potential cancers in the locker room that destroy the team at some point this season, or does Bill Belichick and the rest of the Pats get and keep their butts in line for the whole season?

JBHuskers
07-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Sort of following in the footsteps of mrh61988, what are your thoughts about Ochocinco and Haynesworth going to the Patriots? Potential cancers in the locker room that destroy the team at some point this season, or does Bill Belichick and the rest of the Pats get and keep their butts in line for the whole season?

Thanks man!

I'm not recording til tomorrow afternoon so if anyone has anything else, please post!

morsdraconis
07-31-2011, 12:44 AM
I don't think I'm going to update the FA signing list anymore. It's pretty much up-to-date, but there are a bunch of signings that are rather meaningless and all the big ones you posted about in the other thread so you should have a pretty fresh memory of those.

psusnoop
07-31-2011, 07:17 AM
This will surely be an interesting show with all the moves and deals.

Looking forward to it.

JBHuskers
07-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Going to add the Fedor/Hendo fight to the podcast too.

JBHuskers
07-31-2011, 04:37 PM
Final lineup for Ep. 4

NFL is back in business...
MLB Trade Deadline
Fedor / Hendo Strikeforce Fight from last night
Fantasy Baseball Roundup
The Gaming Tailgaters Mailbag

morsdraconis
07-31-2011, 04:41 PM

JBHuskers
07-31-2011, 04:42 PM

Still typing up the outline, probably will start recording in 30 mins or so....hope to have it up by late tonight.

JBHuskers
07-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Clocked in at 39 minutes, and I only had one screw up that I had to edit out http://www.emoticonsformsn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/msn-shocked-emoticon-02.gif

JBHuskers
07-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Still have two hours of rendering left, so I'll post it tomorrow morning.

JBHuskers
08-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Episode 4 will be up around 11:30.

JBHuskers
08-01-2011, 11:32 AM
:smh: I love it when I have an unlimited YouTube account and my 40 minute podcast uploads and processes only to be rejected for being too long. It uploaded and processed completely, only to be rejected as it says now that my account isn't unlimited. I think I have that part fixed. We'll see. Looks like it won't be til this afternoon now.

psusnoop
08-01-2011, 11:32 AM
:smh:

I guess I won't be listening while sitting here acting busy today. Maybe tomorrow :dunno:

JBHuskers
08-01-2011, 12:03 PM
:smh:

I guess I won't be listening while sitting here acting busy today. Maybe tomorrow :dunno:

Yeah gonna be 90 mins before it's uploaded then another 30 to process probably, and hopefully it doesn't get rejected for length this time. I changed my channel to a "director" account, so I'm going to see if that solves it. It's a tad over 40 mins, but my 2nd episode was 33 mins, so I just think YouTube settings change automatically here and there to fuck shit up.

psusnoop
08-01-2011, 12:07 PM
It's there party and they'll fuck you up no matter what you do or what you want. I swear they sometimes do it just to mess with people. :D

JBHuskers
08-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Ep. 4 of my Wonderful Black Hole of Sports Podcast is processing, cross your fingers that YouTube doesn't reject considering I "should" have an unlimited upload account :fp:

JBHuskers
08-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Bah, f'n failed again for being too long. Maybe the limit is 40 minutes? Fuck, I dunno. Going to re-render into two parts and see what happens then. I guess it won't be up til tonight now.

JBHuskers
08-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Finally got part 1 up (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?3184-Episode-4-The-Wonderful-Black-Hole-of-Sports-Podcast&p=93434#post93434), hopefully YouTube cooperates with part 2 later. Still have to render and then upload.

JBHuskers
08-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Part two will be up sometime around 9PM I'm hoping.

Definitely put in your mailbag items for next week's podcast. The weekend of 8/14, I'm out of state, so there won't be a podcast, but 8/21, I will have a co-host! CDJ will come on as 8/21's podcast will be the college football preview!

JBHuskers
08-01-2011, 08:48 PM
the 23 minute part two was rejected because it was too long, even though a couple weeks ago I uploaded a 33 minute clip :fp: I'll try again tomorrow.

JBHuskers
08-01-2011, 10:54 PM
May have to split into three parts now that YouTube is acting up for longer videos....sorry for the delay. :fp:

gschwendt
08-01-2011, 11:14 PM
I bet either you no longer have the capability to upload extended videos or they haven't configured your account properly after removing the ability.

JBHuskers
08-01-2011, 11:48 PM
I bet either you no longer have the capability to upload extended videos or they haven't configured your account properly after removing the ability.

It clearly says over 15 minutes....just uploaded a 17 minute one fine before that tonight, and not too long ago I put up a 33 and 23 minute video so I don't know what they did.

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Part two of three is now up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z8CF5Rb4uk

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Part three of three:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oSeLb_efIw

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Quick jumpstart to Episode 5:

The Eagles Continue to Add
Ahmad Bradshaw resigns with Giants
Randy Moss Retirement
Fantasy Baseball Roundup

As always, post anytime with mailbag items!

JBHuskers
08-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Gonna add what Tebow should do to the podcast.

mrh61988
08-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Not sure if you take Madden questions, but I was wondering what your thoughts on the later release date. Do you like it being closer to the start of the season or do you want it earlier?

JBHuskers
08-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Not sure if you take Madden questions, but I was wondering what your thoughts on the later release date. Do you like it being closer to the start of the season or do you want it earlier?

It's sports! So definitely! I do WWE in the Mailbag, so there is definitely room for sports video game talk in the podcast too!

JBHuskers
08-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Gonna add what Tebow should do to the podcast.

Actually going to talk about the whole Merril Hoge, LeBron James, Tim Tebow twitter debacle. God bless.

NatureBoy
08-04-2011, 07:52 PM
I read yesterday (I know, lol dirtsheets) that the point of this Punk/HHH/Cena angle is to put TRIPLE H over. Heaven forbid an active wrestler get over. Is his ego out of control or what? What do you think about this JB?

JBHuskers
08-04-2011, 08:19 PM
I read yesterday (I know, lol dirtsheets) that the point of this Punk/HHH/Cena angle is to put TRIPLE H over. Heaven forbid an active wrestler get over. Is his ego out of control or what? What do you think about this JB?

JBHuskers
08-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Going to record tomorrow, so please get your mailbag questions in!

JBHuskers
08-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Ep. 5 tenative outline:

Randy Moss Retirement
The Eagles Continue to Add & Ahmad Bradshaw resigns with Giants
The Tim Tebow/Merrill Hoge/LeBron James Twitter
2011 NFL Hall of Fame Class Inducted on Saturday
Fantasy Baseball Roundup

Mailbag items so far:

mrh61988
08-06-2011, 01:35 PM
What non-sports video game are you looking forward to the most this fall and why?

JBHuskers
08-06-2011, 02:01 PM
What non-sports video game are you looking forward to the most this fall and why?

Well this is a sports talk podcast, so I would talk about sports video games....but this really wouldn't fit.

I have thought about seeing the interest of a non-NCAA Football video game podcast down the road, but wanna work out the kinks out of this one first :D

psusnoop
08-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Something to think about or mention is the return of Tiger Woods, the impact he has on the ratings and such.

morsdraconis
08-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Gonna wait on Fantasy Football talk?

Maybe think about a live "call in" show for it. Skype is awesome for that stuff. ;)

JBHuskers
08-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Ep. 5 tenative outline:

Randy Moss Retirement
The Eagles Continue to Add & Ahmad Bradshaw resigns with Giants
The Tim Tebow/Merrill Hoge/LeBron James Twitter
2011 NFL Hall of Fame Class Inducted on Saturday
Summerslam Rundown
Fantasy Baseball Roundup
The Gaming Tailgater's Mailbag (WWE, Madden, Fantasy Football)

Mailbag items so far:

Adding in Summerslam too.

JBHuskers
08-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Gonna wait on Fantasy Football talk?

Maybe think about a live "call in" show for it. Skype is awesome for that stuff. ;)

I'm going to do the fantasy and real life previews on the 8/28 podcast probably. Maybe some fantasy on 8/21 depending on how long the college football preview goes. I'm going to cover your questions though in this week's mailbag....thanks for reminding me.

JBHuskers
08-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Recording tonight, and will post sometime tomorrow.

psusnoop
08-07-2011, 05:55 PM

morsdraconis
08-07-2011, 06:40 PM

JBHuskers
08-07-2011, 07:26 PM

Actually since I'm taking a week off, and am going to talk about Summerslam PPV that I'm attending, I'm going to hold off until Tuesday to record to so I can get an updated card. And then the next episode after that will be 8/21 with cdj.

JBHuskers
08-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Got it recorded, we will see if YouTube lets me upload it all in one shot...it's right at 32 minutes. Hope to have it up in the afternoon, else tomorrow night.

JBHuskers
08-10-2011, 10:55 AM
YES! YouTube finally is working again, uploaded episode 5 in one shot (32 minutes)....will post shortly after I do some editing of the video on YT.

psusnoop
08-10-2011, 10:59 AM
YES! YouTube finally is working again, uploaded episode 5 in one shot (32 minutes)....will post shortly after I do some editing of the video on YT.

:clap: though I was expecting that while I ate breakfast here at work :smh: now I have to wait till later to listen

JBHuskers
08-10-2011, 11:00 AM
:clap: though I was expecting that while I ate breakfast here at work :smh: now I have to wait till later to listen

I didn't record til about 10:30 last night, had to render overnight, and then upload to YouTube first thing this morning.

JBHuskers
08-10-2011, 11:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8QoVRvkGFs

This episode covers:

Randy Moss Retirement
NFL Free Agency - Week 2
Merrill Hoge & LeBron James on Tim Tebow
2011 NFL Hall of Fame Induction
WWE Summerslam Rundown
Fantasy Baseball Roundup

psusnoop
08-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Sweet I'll be listening to it tonight for sure :+1:

JBHuskers
08-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Sweet I'll be listening to it tonight for sure :+1:

:up: I'm just f'n glad I got the full episode up on YouTube in one shot.

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Couple of quick hitters for the 8/21 show to go with the college football preview.

A&M Possibly to SEC / Future of Big XII
Chad Ochocinco to stay with a fan in Boston

psusnoop
08-11-2011, 09:34 AM
:up: I'm just f'n glad I got the full episode up on YouTube in one shot.

listening now

SmoothPancakes
08-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Couple of quick hitters for the 8/21 show to go with the college football preview.

A&M Possibly to SEC / Future of Big XII
Chad Ochocinco to stay with a fan in Boston

The Tiger Woods/Steve Williams/Adam Scott story. Tiger fires Williams, Scott with Williams caddying wins, and then the Williams interviews about Woods and Scott and the whole media frenzy following that.

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 09:50 AM
The Tiger Woods/Steve Williams/Adam Scott story. Tiger fires Williams, Scott with Williams caddying wins, and then the Williams interviews about Woods and Scott and the whole media frenzy following that.

Did you listen to Episode 5? :D

SmoothPancakes
08-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Did you listen to Episode 5? :D

Not yet. :D Didn't see it listed among the topics (unless it was a mailbag item) so figured I'd throw it in here, lol.

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Not yet. :D Didn't see it listed among the topics (unless it was a mailbag item) so figured I'd throw it in here, lol.

I did some quick hitters in between Summerslam and Fantasy Baseball.

SmoothPancakes
08-11-2011, 09:58 AM
I did some quick hitters in between Summerslam and Fantasy Baseball.

Ahh, nice. Yeah, I'll be giving it a listen a little bit later, so looking forward to the thoughts on that.

psusnoop
08-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Good stuff JB :up:

JBHuskers
08-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Now taking mailbag items for the 8/21 show that will be hosted by CDJ and myself.

psusnoop
08-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Now taking mailbag items for the 8/21 show that will be hosted by CDJ and myself.

Oh nice, gotta come up with a couple. Off tomorrow since daughter is still sick so I will have plenty of down time :D:D

Just have to steal my phone away from her.

morsdraconis
08-16-2011, 12:22 AM
You gonna do the fantasy football thing this week or are you still gonna just wait until your FF show on the 28th?

psusnoop
08-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Maybe discuss how the New England Patriots are bringing in all these older players like Sharper, Johnson, Houz, and so on. Why go old now and what benefit does this bring for them?

ram29jackson
08-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Maybe discuss how the New England Patriots are bringing in all these older players like Sharper, Johnson, Houz, and so on. Why go old now and what benefit does this bring for them?

because veterens will recover better mentally from less preparation time after a strike than youngins'..and they know these guys want to win bad and wont bitch and whyne anymore..they are great individual talents and older and wiser and will be an asset to a good mix....but the fact is, the Patriot formula isnt going to work towards a Super Bowl any time soon again..they may well make the Playoffs. But theyve had their run and there wont be another Super Bowl for them anytime soon

JBHuskers
08-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Still room for more mailbag items.

JBHuskers
08-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Alright the voice is mostly back in shape so CDJ and I will be recording tonight. If anyone has mailbag items you can still get them in up until tonight!

NatureBoy
08-23-2011, 11:16 AM
I would like to hear about you trip to LA for SummerSlam weekend. How was it like to being at the SummerSlam PPV? I didn't a chance to listen to last week's show so I don't know if you already covered it or not JB.

JBHuskers
08-23-2011, 11:23 AM
I would like to hear about you trip to LA for SummerSlam weekend. How was it like to being at the SummerSlam PPV? I didn't a chance to listen to last week's show so I don't know if you already covered it or not JB.

:up: I haven't recorded since my trip. Will do! Thanks!

psusnoop
08-23-2011, 11:41 AM
Gotta talk about Pryor a little bit. Wasted pick in the 3rd round???

Maybe talk about Fred Couples (Captain for the President's Cup) telling Tiger Woods if he doesn't play any more tournaments before Australia tourney. I think this is a great move and pushes Tiger a little bit, but I'm sure fans of TW think it is a BS move from Freddie. Just to note, Boom Boom is my favorite golfer :nod:

Talk about the collapse of the Pirates after that 19 inning loss. I haven't looked but have heard that the team ERA since then is just terrible, to go along with some weak bats.

Are you going to be doing anything with College Football?

JBHuskers
08-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Here is the rundown for Ep. 6:

Terrelle Pryor
College Football Preview
Miami Football
Quick Hitters (LSU, others TBD)
Fantasy Baseball Roundup

JBHuskers
08-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Just finished recording! A nice LONG episode! Over an hour I think :)

JBHuskers
08-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Due to the long recording, I can't upload it in one shot so I have to chop it up and re-render and upload again....but I also have to get a Madden video done, so Episode 6 should be up this weekend sometime.

JBHuskers
08-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Part 1 of 2 of the very lengthy episode 6 is now live with myself and CDJ hosting:

Part two will be up in a few hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6ZnJK6RrrE

JBHuskers
08-29-2011, 01:13 PM
I plan on recording the fantasy football and NFL preview show this week (maybe Wednesday) please submit any items you want discussed during the mailbag!

JBHuskers
05-23-2012, 01:20 AM
I'm thinking about resurrecting this show once I have moved to a new apartment :nod:

SmoothPancakes
05-23-2012, 01:40 AM
You know, by some scary coincidence, just earlier this evening I actually noticed the sub-forum again for this thing and was to going to make a post about it.

JBHuskers
05-23-2012, 09:13 AM
You know, by some scary coincidence, just earlier this evening I actually noticed the sub-forum again for this thing and was to going to make a post about it.

:D what were you going to say?