PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 12 Demo - Share Your Impressions

Pages : [1] 2

cdj
06-27-2011, 09:30 PM
The NCAA Football 12 demo is available today on both the X-Box Live Marketplace and the PlayStation Network.

The two demo match-ups feature Alabama vs. Florida State and Oregon vs. Texas. Sharing the demo with a friend will unlock five Nike Pro-Combat uniforms for use in the retail version of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMixfSo5eG8

After downloading and playing the demo, share your thoughts and impressions here with the community.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?473-NCAA-Football-12-Demo-Share-Your-Impressions

ram29jackson
06-28-2011, 04:26 AM
OS said its up now for xbox 360...

Dr Death
06-28-2011, 04:30 AM
Yep, I am downloading it now.

Here's the link to OS to show you how to get it...

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/490551-demo-up-now-xbox-live-marketplace.html

Rudy
06-28-2011, 05:04 AM
It's out for the 360 and it's a 2 GB download. PS3 about 7 ET tonight.

oweb26
06-28-2011, 05:46 AM
Confirmed demo is available on the Xbox 360, its downloading at a relatively decent speed, I have seen faster though.

RussellWilson
06-28-2011, 06:17 AM
Got it almost downloaded and let me tell you, I CANT WAIT TO PLAY!!!! I havent been to bed yet!! well of course there are other reasons why I havent slept yet!:)):)):)):)):)):))

cdj
06-28-2011, 06:27 AM
Downloading it here as well. The game's Intro Video is also available on the XBL Marketplace. I'm hoping to get that on YouTube shortly.

th3 last tiger
06-28-2011, 06:29 AM
Also downloading right now should be done soon

MrDupree
06-28-2011, 06:41 AM
Damn you ps3 and u Japanese! I need to go buy a 360.

oweb26
06-28-2011, 06:54 AM
Well, I can say I dont think I am a fan of the playbook scrolling (Assuming its changed, though if memory serves me right it has), didnt they just change it last year? and now its changed again. I see what they were trying to do with it, I'm sure once I get use to it I will like it, but right now its a pain in the ass.

FSU D-Line is very Solid. I am a fan of the seeing the ref make the sideline review calls, and if you want to play more just go into OT

Will post more once I play more.

th3 last tiger
06-28-2011, 06:56 AM
Just played as oregon vs texas and few thoughts they added ALOT of new shotgun running plays, second the shotgun run animations have been sped up, they wernt kidding about the zone defense I got picked twice but still won because of two LMJ runs of over 60 yards off of HB offset power o

Koach Vonner
06-28-2011, 07:03 AM
Downloading it as we speak. I'll share as soon as it gets done. Man I love 360!!!!

AustinWolv
06-28-2011, 07:24 AM
Downloading!

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 07:25 AM
About to DL for my 360 as well.

Iron Dragon
06-28-2011, 07:43 AM
We'll have it soon enough.

OSUCowboyofMD
06-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Xbox Gold Membership, WTF!!!! :fp: :( ...So I went to sleep, woke back op at 8:30 just to try the demo but only to find out its for gold members -__-. Do you think its gonna be on silver anytime soon?

Koach Vonner
06-28-2011, 08:00 AM
Maybe I'm just the casual gamer. Or maybe it's because I don't know enough about graphic design or creating a video game. But I think the demo is ok. Coaching Football in real life I know personally you can't ever create what actually happens on the field.
The game feels good. It feels different than last year (too me)

I noticed the Zone Defense (2 INTs). However I had success throwing the ball.

I had a decent pass rush. Got a sack and noticed my LB use his hands to avoid a cut block (great technique). However, the Oregon QB (Thomas) felt pressure and moved around the pocket and scrambled.

The new tackle engine is way better.

I like Texas Intro (but will skip down the road)

I like the lighting system.

It's a buy for me. However, my life as a coach keeps me to busy to be a video game nerd so I always buy Madden, NCAA, and NBA 2K and them with my athletes or after the long season (Great way to recruit a kid).

gschwendt
06-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Xbox Gold Membership, WTF!!!! :fp: :( ...So I went to sleep, woke back op at 8:30 just to try the demo but only to find out its for gold members -__-. Do you think its gonna be on silver anytime soon?
Not certain but I think it's usually at least 3 days or upto a week later.

oweb26
06-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Aren't all demos or at least most out for gold before silver memberships?

oweb26
06-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Impressions #2 The grass looks exactly the same I just really wanted to say that :D On some replays I see it but I don't think it was worth whatever effort they gave it.

Paakaa10
06-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Won't get my hands on the demo until it's out later today on PSN, but here's a low-quality recording of some demo gameplay that I saw over at OS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzfpyemSQCg

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 08:30 AM
about to play now. Oregon v Texas, I'm Oregon. Heisman.

fsuprime
06-28-2011, 08:34 AM
can i download this on xbox live if i dont have a paid subsciption?

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Shotgun running ... I am very impressed.

Paakaa10
06-28-2011, 08:36 AM
can i download this on xbox live if i dont have a paid subsciption?

According to the Xbox.com listing (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/NCAA-Football-12-Demo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245418958?cid=SLink), the NCAA Football 12 demo is currently exclusive for Gold members.

fsuprime
06-28-2011, 08:39 AM
ah thanks paaka, didn't want to bother turning it on and plugging in the cable if i couldn't get it :)

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 08:49 AM
It's out for the 360 and it's a 2 GB download. PS3 about 7 ET tonight.

2 GBs? Jesus Christ! I don't even have that much free room at the moment on my hard drive.

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 08:56 AM
took 15 points in the 4th to win it 22-21. The Spread Option is gonna be one hell of an offense this year. Gameplay is similar to 11, but the tackling, better blocking makes it feel was more polished. Still wish there was more momentum, but I won't complain. Playbooks are different as far as scrolling through them, so that'll take some getting used to. Also, grass during gameplay looks the same as before lol. FSU/Alabama time.

Kwizzy
06-28-2011, 08:58 AM
2 GBs? Jesus Christ! I don't even have that much free room at the moment on my hard drive.

People who have the demo, can you check on the read option game please? When the DE crashes and you make the correct read and keep it with the QB, are you getting tackled for a loss because the DE changes directions and makes the tackle? Reading some stuff about that happening and if it's true I wanna make sure we let EA know ASAP.

morsdraconis
06-28-2011, 08:58 AM
The grass is only different during replays and screenshots...

Paakaa10
06-28-2011, 09:02 AM
The grass is only different during replays and screenshots...

Yeah, and I think those of us who attended the Community Events mentioned that the 3D grass is only really noticeable during replays and screenshots. The angle that you actually play the game from is not an angle that you would notice the texture of the grass from anyway. The 3D grass is a visual touch meant to enhance the quality of how the game looks when you capture video replays and pictures from the game for Dynasty Wire or to share to the web. Same with the blades of grass/pellets that get kicked up when you get real close to the action.

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 09:02 AM
People who have the demo, can you check on the read option game please? When the DE crashes and you make the correct read and keep it with the QB, are you getting tackled for a loss because the DE changes directions and makes the tackle? Reading some stuff about that happening and if it's true I wanna make sure we let EA know ASAP.

I am not, on a 3rd and 3, down by 6, I ran a read option, DE crashed, I kept it (using Oregon) and definitely ran for a 60 yard TD to win it. I was like WOW.

morsdraconis
06-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Can you do coach mode in the demo?

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 09:07 AM
playing on Heisman is such a challenge. 2 possessions with FSU, and couldn't move it at all. finally found a hole in the zone and scored, but it was very late in my progression. tied at 7 before halftime.

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 09:18 AM
hey quick discovery, in the menu you can turn auto pass on (Coach Mode) and auto sprint off, auto strafe off, gives you more control.

skipwondah33
06-28-2011, 09:19 AM
auto sprint off, auto strafe off, gives you more control.
That was the same in Madden this current version.

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 09:21 AM
hey quick discovery, in the menu you can turn auto pass on (Coach Mode) and auto sprint off, auto strafe off, gives you more control.

What about the actual physical Coach Mode? Not just turning stuff off and simulating coach mode, but the actual Coach Mode itself?

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 09:26 AM
What about the actual physical Coach Mode? Not just turning stuff off and simulating coach mode, but the actual Coach Mode itself?

oh, that's not in the demo, just the auto passing is. so it's not truly coach mode, just a sample of it.

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 09:26 AM
That was the same in Madden this current version.

i realize that, it just wasn't posted yet lol.

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 09:30 AM
second game, Alabama beats me 17-14. Heisman difficulty, and difficult it was. When I found the holes in coverage, I was rewarded, but believe me, I feel like I scored only 7 legitimate points, which is good. Played the NCAA 11 demo yesterday, put up 35 with ease, the same amount when the 11 demo FIRST came out. This, is a challenge, and man defense can be beat with good route combination. Just running 4 verts and hoping that a WR beats a DB will result in some bad things for you.

AustinWolv
06-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Played 1.5 games on Heisman, if you don't read coverages, you will struggle. Coverage is much better, learn to throw ball away this year. Oregon had a nice read option run on the QB keep for like 40+ yards. Zones play better. PA seems to work better, only toyed with it for a couple plays. Wish I didn't have to leave for work.

FSU running game was pretty nice against Bama. Both from shotgun and under center. Texas wasn't as good against Oregon, Oregon was blowing up UT's blocks.

Did not get to toy with too much on D, but definitely seems better position and assignment.

Koach Vonner
06-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Running from the gun seems to be better. Not only with Oregon, but I had some success with Texas too. Of course running with Oregon QB (Thomas) is better than Texas QB (Gilbert).

Zone defense makes if tough. You have to read it. I threw 2 pics.

LMJ from Oregon (RB) can cut on a dime and not loose speed. I gotta play more with this.

Gotta get to the field house and lift my athletes (Corners) for their morning workout. I'll be back on later.

illwill10
06-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Just played it on someone's Xbox. I love it
I lost 10-3 against Florida State on AA. FSU called a Fake Punt in the 2nd Quarter and converted a big 4th down. I got a huge kick return to start the game. They pulled off a huge TD run to start the 3rd. I did get a huge pass off that help me get a FG. I never felt so good taking a L. I might play it later.

AustinWolv
06-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Some more thoughts:
Saw defenders pick up players entering their zones......had to wait for receivers to clear between zones or get behind the LBs.......as long as your OL gave you time. The rush seemed fair, rather than the LT glitch against CPU in past NCAA.

Playing on Heisman, mind you.

Last year, could pass all day on Heisman. In '12, defenders are carrying their zones. Combo routes and flood plays, knowing them and using them, has already proved useful. In '11, I actually got lazy and stopped worrying about reading Cov1, 2, or 3 as passing was so easy that you didn't need to worry about it. In '12, that didn't work this morning.....need to start checking again.

On defense, didn't get to play enough as I mentioned earlier, but noticed my DBs didn't seem as dumb and the CPU threw to some spots that closed up and weren't automatic completions like in '11 on Heisman. However, put your guys in bad situations and CPU WILL attack them, as I left a CB in single outside coverage and the CPU gambled on the long ball anyway even though coverage was solid..........got a TD on it, as my CB misread the ball in the air....ran up the WR's back more or less, then veered off of him and lost track of the ball in the air.

On one particular PA play that I called for the heck of it (hadn't set it up or anything) to see how PA worked, the defense wasn't fooled and ALL of the receivers were covered. In '11, I usually hot-routed the TE to stay in and block as that was the only way IMO to get the edge sealed consistently for the roll-out. Didn't do it this time but was able to actually run the roll-out instead of get insta-smashed in '11. However, all the receivers were covered well and I had to throw the ball out of bounds.

Oneback
06-28-2011, 11:10 AM
I am reading reports that inverted veer may have been implemented:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJW-Ka3-AX0

Can anyone confirm?

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 11:16 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but for me, option run and screens are shit. Automatic 5-10 yard loss every time.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
06-28-2011, 11:16 AM

Can anyone confirm?

oh GOD i hope so... that would be nice addition to my playbook...

"E"

Unconquered
06-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Some rapid-fire thoughts:

Hardest hits I've seen in next-gen football. Loving that.

Refined momentum feels great.

Love the replay angles. You can really see the holes open up. Very cool.

Pass coverage is much tighter ... maybe too tight?

Zombie referee scares me.

I miss the old PA Boot Slide play in Bama's Ace Big Wing. I hope it's still in the game so I can select it in custom playbooks. Was always my favorite 3rd-and-short play ...

th3 last tiger
06-28-2011, 11:23 AM

Can anyone confirm?

I personally havn't seen it yet in any of the demo playbooks.

AustinWolv
06-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Smooth, haven't tried those yet. Tonight. :)

Unconquered, is the PA play you talking about where the TE comes underneath to the backside flat? Great play. Haven't looked for it, but would be disappointed/surprised if it was gone.

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Still seeing a lot of issues with the option, screens, and defensive/offensive line interaction. Gameplay wise, really not that excited. I may end up web simming games more than I actually play them in my coaching carousel OD.

Unconquered
06-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Did they remove open-field celebrations? I pressed B inside the 20, and I was in the clear by about 15 yards, and I got nothin' ...

I don't care if they flag me for it, but I'd at least like the OPTION to showboat if I want.

Unconquered
06-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Unconquered, is the PA play you talking about where the TE comes underneath to the backside flat? Great play. Haven't looked for it, but would be disappointed/surprised if it was gone.

Sounds like it. It was in North Carolina's playbook, too. And there was a linked HB Slant 18 play to go with it. Hope it's still there.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
06-28-2011, 11:39 AM
maybe too tight?

i prefer that over what weve had... would be nice for people to have to work for something in this game for once ont he offensive side of the ball

"E"

Paakaa10
06-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Did they remove open-field celebrations? I pressed B inside the 20, and I was in the clear by about 15 yards, and I got nothin' ...

I don't care if they flag me for it, but I'd at least like the OPTION to showboat if I want.

Last I knew it was in the game when I played it at the May Community Event; still waiting for the PS3 demo though so I can't say anything specifically with regards to what is online today.

Unconquered
06-28-2011, 11:42 AM
As a playbook junkie, I'm happy to report I'm seeing A LOT more new plays than I was expecting, especially in Oregon's playbook.

Paakaa10
06-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Some early footage of the NCAA Football 12 demo on 360 for those of us PS3 owners who are forced to wait because of Sony's stupid PSN Store upload timing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uur2Zlat9s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI6TJiTyQPc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94d-LOGAudA

Unconquered
06-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Passes still need more arc ... too many rocketballs. NCAA 06 really had the right touch on passes.

EDJ
06-28-2011, 11:51 AM

Can anyone confirm?
I sure as heck hope so. Taylor Martinez destroyyyyed Kansas State on that read. Unfortunately Texas got wise and their DT destroyed us instead. :(

Gotmadskillzson
06-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Special teams

Special teams for the human is great, returned a kick off and punt back for a TD. Special teams for the CPU however is terrible. Their blocking isn't good and the cpu runs directly up the middle into the crowd.

Blitzing

Blitzing is an automatic sack. I sacked Thomas 7 times. Linebackers come through the line with ease running 3.8 speed. I was like DAMN. RB don't pick up the blitz and I seen multiple occassion where 2 offensive linemen just stand there clueless letting people run right past them

QB AI

They only move when they sense pressure. Thomas only scrambled once, but for some reason that idiot stopped running when he had WIDE OPEN FIELD in front of him. He just stood and got hit from behind.

CPU Running game

Oregon couldn't run for crap against me. I stuffed all their running attempts for 5 and 6 yard losts. Shotgun running is horrible. Read option is horrible. Screen plays is horrible, half the time the QB threw the ball 3 yards behind the RB into the ground.

Slants and verticals

I completed all of them. Maybe Oregon secondary is just bad.

Tackling

Didn't seem hard to me at all. Sound effects on tackling is too weak.

Ball release

Seems too fast coming out of QBs hands no matter if they are stationary or moving and throwing. Same thing with trajectory. Way too easy to complete passes down the field running around with the QB.

Game tracks

Nice

Intro

Texas intro is weak and boring. That is something you definitely will be skipping.

Everything for the human seems good. The CPU on All American however have issues with running logic, blocking logic and play calling.

I seen them call some dumb plays when they were down big. And even more dumb plays when something obviously wasn't working for them.

No huddle exploit ! Instant cheese !

This year if you call the no huddle, you can get offsides called majority of the time because the defensive line takes too long getting off the ground and back on to their side of the ball.

Seen offsides called 6 times just from running the no huddle.

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2011, 12:04 PM
As I said when I saw the videos, there's huge problems with the kick coverage. Opening kick off on my first demo and right off the left edge, I had to juke one defender and I go 96 yards untouched for a touchdown. This is on All American.

morsdraconis
06-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Still seeing a lot of issues with the option, screens, and defensive/offensive line interaction. Gameplay wise, really not that excited. I may end up web simming games more than I actually play them in my coaching carousel OD.

Yes on all three counts, but it's definitely better. Saw a GREAT interaction between a DE and the RT on a pass play where the RT pushed the DE back to where they broke block lock and the DE came back for more and was able to do a nice little swim move to get around him.

Doing the auto-pass stuff (to semi-test coach mode stuff on AA difficulty), the Oregon QB made a BEAUTIFUL read on the play, tossing it right inbetween two defenders that were playing the WR middle screen pretty well but the WR was able to squeeze inbetween them (never would have happened in '11 because of the suction tackling - which, BTW, is still "kinda" there when big hits happen during certain animations) and take it to the house for a TD. Not all the screens are totally broken and PA Roll Out passes still require sliding protection in the direction of the roll out (which is fine because that's what most teams do in real life anyway) though I'm not sure how well the bootlegs work as I haven't found one in the playbooks given to us yet (though I've only played 2 games with Oregon and FSU and didn't really thoroughly look at either playbook as I was just testing different stuff to see how well the auto-pass/cpu controlled running went).

Paakaa10
06-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Good stuff with the feedback so far, everyone. We are sharing the comments from this thread and from other places online in hopes that some of these issues can be addressed through the live tuner packs with the demo. Can't comment specifically in terms of what can or can't be addressed that way yet, but having the option to live tune the demo will definitely make this a different experience from demos in the past.

Gotmadskillzson
06-28-2011, 12:13 PM
The CPU offensive AI seems to be nonexistent. Oregon can't run out of the spread at all. Every rushing attempt they had was for a 6 yard lost.

morsdraconis
06-28-2011, 12:19 PM
The CPU offensive AI seems to be nonexistent. Oregon can't run out of the spread at all. Every rushing attempt they had was for a 6 yard lost.

We get it man. It's a known issue that CPU running out of the spread is bad. The only way it's ever good is if they catch you playing a zone without any blitzing or you blitz to the wrong side of the formation. You can stop complaining about it now. It's been known before the demo even came out and it's going to be an issue with the game when it comes out. Trying to run out of the spread offense with option plays just isn't going to work.

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Okay, one game completed. I played as Oregon vs Texas on All American. I have mixed impressions after winning 28-7.

The first thing that absolutely needs to be addressed is kick coverage. I said it after watching videos and I'm definitely sticking to it after playing it. It seems all the defenders get sucked towards the middle of the field, and if you go to the edge, you literally have to juke ONE guy and it's off to the races. My opening kick off was returned for a TD doing just that and it was the only opportunity I had otherwise I would've almost assuredly had more.

Offensively, I was 10/12 for 207 yards and 3TDs. I will say that zone defense appears to be improved, but it's not going to be some kind of miracle work over. It's a minimal improvement at best as far as I'm concerned. The pass rush is also a bit better, so it does appear that if you're good at user controlling a LB or safety, you'll actually have some tools to work with on defense.

The run blocking from shotgun is also better, but not even close to being perfect. Nothing in '12 is a drastic improvement over anything in '11, BUT, I do think this version is going to actually be playable online. The pass rush gets there quicker, the blitzing(which I still have to test a bit) gets there quicker, zone defense is improved just enough to be competent in some situations, and the game plays really smoothly. I THINK that online players are going to have enough tools both offensively and defensively to be able to counter things this year.

AustinWolv
06-28-2011, 12:34 PM

Not true. On Heisman, had Thomas for like a 50 yard run on me on a keeper out of read option. It was really nicely run.

Can't specifically recall other plays right now, since I only played a little bit before going to work.

It seems all the defenders get sucked towards the middle of the field, and if you go to the edge, you literally have to juke ONE guy and it's off to the races
I'll have to toy with that tonight on Heisman as they stayed in their lanes fairly well when they kick towards the sidelines, but I didn't try running middle to swarm them and then go back outside.

razorback44
06-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Anyone know what time Sony updates the store?

Paakaa10
06-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Anyone know what time Sony updates the store?

Typically around 6PM ET or just after. It's very frustrating and I've had discussions with Sony representatives about it before; their go-to excuse is that their offices are on the West Coast and that's when they are able to make the files live. Nevermind the fact that Microsoft offices are on the West Coast as well and their content always goes live early morning ET.

NatureBoy
06-28-2011, 12:44 PM
As I said when I saw the videos, there's huge problems with the kick coverage. Opening kick off on my first demo and right off the left edge, I had to juke one defender and I go 96 yards untouched for a touchdown. This is on All American. I agree, kick returns are far too easy. I haven't run one back all the way yet but i've been dang close. The defense seem to be much better than last year's game.

I'm going to play this demo to death before I get my hands on the game. lol.

razorback44
06-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks Paakaa. Yeah that definitely makes no sense. To me it just makes them look bad that they are getting beat by Microsoft by 10-11 hours.

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2011, 12:47 PM
I agree, kick returns are far too easy. I haven't run one back all the way yet but i've been dang close. The defense seem to be much better than last year's game.

I'm going to play this demo to death before I get my hands on the game. lol.

Yeah, returns need to be majorly tweaked. I wouldn't say the defense is much better, but it is better. I'd say it's even good enough that people will be able to get fairly consistent stops. Hopefully. It's too early to tell but I'm more hopeful about '12 about playing the demo than I was about '11 after playing that demo.

skipwondah33
06-28-2011, 12:51 PM
I would imagine if they start mandatory charging for their internet service then they MAY release things earlier. Doubtful but XBL users definitely get value for what they pay for. Doesn't matter when its released for me on PS3. I work 8-5, get off work play with my son, eat dinner, then that should put me around time to download the demo maybe.

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Be thankful it's on Tuesday. The Store used to update Thursday evenings, IIRC.

Lord Marshall X
06-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Anyone else seen their entire Defensive line get pancaked in the same play at the same time?\

Paakaa10
06-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Be thankful it's on Tuesday. The Store used to update Thursday evenings, IIRC.

Oh, I remember those days. Terrible.

To be honest, it's just more of an annoyance than anything serious. I can wait until 6PM ET, I just don't want to haha.

I feel worst for the Xbox Live Silver Account holders who thought they'd be able to play the NCAA Football 12 demo today only to find out that it's exclusive to Gold Accounts this week; meanwhile, the PS3 users who pay the same amount as Silver Account members (nothing) get to download it tonight.

Paakaa10
06-28-2011, 01:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIN26xOzqhM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCav2WcEibk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTf1r_kyGwE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpwH6KBgdI0

AustinWolv
06-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Anyone else seen their entire Defensive line get pancaked in the same play at the same time?\

I thought I did see that in fact. It was against a shotgun draw though, and much of my DL was on the ground, but got up and still got the stop for no gain or very little gain IIRC.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
06-28-2011, 01:20 PM
hey ONEBACK... check out the 1st video that pakaa posted of the Oregon vs Texas match up... go to 9:20 of the video... that play is a definite read play looking like inverted veer...

the CPU didnt hand it off as it should to get to the edge... but i think it may be in there...

"E"

gschwendt
06-28-2011, 01:27 PM
hey ONEBACK... check out the 1st video that pakaa posted of the Oregon vs Texas match up... go to 9:20 of the video... that play is a definite read play looking like inverted veer...

the CPU didnt hand it off as it should to get to the edge... but i think it may be in there...

"E"I don't think that's the right play though. I could be wrong but on an inverted veer, doesn't wouldn't you read the TE/T on the side of the field opposite the HB (ie where the play is going towards)? If the DE/LB comes up too deep, the QB cuts in behind him, DE/LB stays at home and QB hands it off. In the play you referenced, the TE/T on the same side of the field as HB was the read.

I'm thinking it's something more along the lines with either the play diagram being messed up (telling QB to run same direction as HB) or something like that.

Kwizzy
06-28-2011, 01:31 PM
I don't think that's the right play though. I could be wrong but on an inverted veer, doesn't wouldn't you read the TE/T on the side of the field opposite the HB (ie where the play is going towards)? If the DE/LB comes up too deep, the QB cuts in behind him, DE/LB stays at home and QB hands it off. In the play you referenced, the TE/T on the same side of the field as HB was the read.

I'm thinking it's something more along the lines with either the play diagram being messed up (telling QB to run same direction as HB) or something like that.

If you're talking about the 1st Pasta Padre video, that play is the HB Off Tackle play & is definitely NOT an inverted veer. There is no read in that play. I may be looking @ the wrong vid though.

Justin66
06-28-2011, 01:31 PM
downloading now hope its gona be good

gschwendt
06-28-2011, 01:32 PM
If you're talking about the 1st Pasta Padre video, that play id the HB Off Tackle play & is definitely NOT an inverted veer.
No, the video that Paakaa posted earlier with the cheeser playing on Varsity. 9:20 of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uur2Zlat9s&feature=player_embedded

gschwendt
06-28-2011, 01:34 PM
@Naughty_Dog is saying the earliest they expect the store to be updated would be 2pm PT, 5pm ET.

Kwizzy
06-28-2011, 01:35 PM
No, the video that Paakaa posted earlier with the cheeser playing on Varsity. 9:20 of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uur2Zlat9s&feature=player_embedded

Tough to tell with the blitz that was called & no play art but that almost looks like a QB Wrap where the CPU didn't run the right way (not that they had any time). Notice the pulling LT.

gschwendt
06-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Tough to tell with the blitz that was called & no play art but that almost looks like a QB Wrap where the CPU didn't run the right way (not that they had any time). Notice the pulling LT.
Ah... yeah, you're right. Missed the pull. Either way though, not an inverted veer I don't believe... just the QB running the wrong direction for one reason or another.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
06-28-2011, 01:37 PM
yeah i didnt even pay attention to the pulling tackle... and that cheeseball had a timely blitz to that side...

:sigh: i was excited for a sec... nevermind

"E"

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 02:00 PM
I definitely never crossed the 40 yd line during kickoffs playing on Heisman. However, I could run the option well on Heisman though. I think i'm gonna post my own footage tonight, just for consumption purposes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Tarhead10
06-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Im loving the demo...To me game plays great and the visuals are the best I have ever seen... Question to anybody on here who has a Samsung LCD TV?? Does it seem like the grass is a browner shade to anybody.. I just switched to using my 46" Samsung for this game, just wondering...

Gotmadskillzson
06-28-2011, 02:06 PM
To me, this year All American plays like Varsity and Heisman plays like All American. And the cpu plays much better on Heisman then All American. Also that FSU QB must have 99 speed or something, he is very fast. Like Mike Vick clone. Even the Alabama QB is kind of fast.

AustinWolv
06-28-2011, 02:08 PM
I definitely never crossed the 40 yd line during kickoffs playing on Heisman. However, I could run the option well on Heisman though. I think i'm gonna post my own footage tonight, just for consumption purposes.

Best I did was around the 32 or thereabouts I think.

Didn't get a chance to run any option yet. Got plenty to experiment with tonight!

Did it seem to you like the DBs were high-pointing the ball better on long throws instead of waiting on it? Especially the safeties turning and going after the ball instead of always doing the backwards arm swat thing?

Pig Bomb
06-28-2011, 02:15 PM
2 games in.. won my first game 7-0 Texas over Oregon... my D had 2 sacks with no help from me, nice...like what i see so far

kick returns not a problem on heisman...at least for me

lost my second game Bama 21-7 over FSU.... Bama had a fumble ret for TD, and an INT ret for TD on me...+ a 40 yard run up the gut for a TD--- ouch!

Oneback
06-28-2011, 02:17 PM
yeah i didnt even pay attention to the pulling tackle... and that cheeseball had a timely blitz to that side...

:sigh: i was excited for a sec... nevermind

"E"

I emailed Anthony White (playbook guy) to see if it was implemented.

gschwendt
06-28-2011, 02:49 PM
According to a couple of posters at OS, the demo is now available on the Store. You'll have to manually search for it but apparently it is there to be found. Will confirm in a moment.

gschwendt
06-28-2011, 02:52 PM
According to a couple of posters at OS, the demo is now available on the Store. You'll have to manually search for it but apparently it is there to be found. Will confirm in a moment.
Confirmed.

My steps, goto search (the magnifying glass), type in Football, then scroll down past all of the NCAA10 & NCAA11 add-ons and NCAA Football 12 demo is listed.

psusnoop
06-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Thanks G I'm downloading now as well.

Iron Dragon
06-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

MrDupree
06-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Hell yeah! Thanks for checking on that.

Paakaa10
06-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, Tommy. Got the download started here and can't wait to get this thing installed.

ram29jackson
06-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Confirmed.

My steps, goto search (the magnifying glass), type in Football, then scroll down past all of the NCAA10 & NCAA11 add-ons and NCAA Football 12 demo is listed.

youre home from work already ?

Kwizzy
06-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Someone wanna run over to my place & get my download started for me? That'd be great... :D How's the download speed lookin G?

JBHuskers
06-28-2011, 03:05 PM
youre home from work already ?

He works from home :D

Paakaa10
06-28-2011, 03:05 PM
Someone wanna run over to my place & get my download started for me? That'd be great... :D How's the download speed lookin G?

Ten minutes into my download and I'm at 40%, system says 15 minutes or so remaining to download the file.

psusnoop
06-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Darn It paakaa I'm 15 in and sitting at 13% done.

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Oh yeah, another thing I noticed is how well the double hit tackles are done. Already, i'm finding myself going for the strip in the backfield, then laying the hit stick down to clean it up.

Paakaa10
06-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Darn It paakaa I'm 15 in and sitting at 13% done.

That's how it used to be on my connections in Maine and Michigan; when my wife and I moved out here to Oklahoma, there was a deal through the cable internet service to get a fast download rate on the cheap for six months. I'm enjoying it while I can, as once the six months are up it'll be back to crappy service for me.

ram29jackson
06-28-2011, 03:11 PM
He works from home :D

....nevermind....:)

xMrHitStickx904
Best I did was around the 32 or thereabouts I think.

Didn't get a chance to run any option yet. Got plenty to experiment with tonight!

Did it seem to you like the DBs were high-pointing the ball better on long throws instead of waiting on it? Especially the safeties turning and going after the ball instead of always doing the backwards arm swat thing?

The DB's are definitely high pointing the ball now, which is great. A few times I had a post which I thought was open, but was knocked down perfectly.

psusnoop
Nice deal, mine is super slow right now :D

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Wonder if the PS3 demo plays different than that 360 one. About to find out now.

ram29jackson
06-28-2011, 03:14 PM
:D ok dudes, we dont need a download speed diary:D

just have to wait for the stupid load as always

Oneback
06-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Nice deal, mine is super slow right now :D

At the rate your going I'll have mine downloaded and playing before you and I don't get home for another 2 hours. :)

PeteyKirch
06-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Played the Oregon/Texas matchup as Oregon on AA and lost 17-21 in overtime. Got to say it was annoying as it seemed Texas was money on 3rd down, didn't matter what play I called they always found a way to convert. Pass rush was feast or famine either I blew the play up, or the Texas OL pancaked me left and right.

I captured some images, and am uploading a video of the 1st/2nd half.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/PeteyKirchner/NCAA12%20Demo/OregonPreGame.png
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/PeteyKirchner/NCAA12%20Demo/TexasIntro.png
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/PeteyKirchner/NCAA12%20Demo/Pressure.png
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/PeteyKirchner/NCAA12%20Demo/TFL.png
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/PeteyKirchner/NCAA12%20Demo/ThrowAway.png

Did like seeing the Texas QB throw the ball away a couple times, WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED in no stat menu :(

umhester04
06-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Hey Oneback,

Is the Inverted Veer kind of like when Oregon has LaMichael James motioning in from the WR position to the RB position and sortof "running in place" as he waits for the snap and then it is a read option from there?

razorback44
06-28-2011, 03:19 PM
:D ok dudes, we dont need a download speed diary:D

just have to wait for the stupid load as always

9% - 208 minutes left. :bang:

JBHuskers
06-28-2011, 03:20 PM
then laying the hit stick down to clean it up.

Nothing like laying a hit stick down to clean it up ;)

JBHuskers
Hopefully with my fast internet it'll not take long to download....I started the 360 download before I left for work, so at least one system will be ready for me to play when I get home.

hawkeyeguy
Please tell me that the linebackers (and some cases defensive lineman) able to jump over tall buildings in a single bound is gone...........

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Trajectory of the ball is still way too low on most passes. I'm also experience a ton of tipped balls at the LOS.

For the record, I'm actually having fun. Yes, that's right, for the first time since '07 on PS2, I'm actually enjoying myself. It's a good start, I have have my fingers crossed they actually fix the stuff that needs to be fixed via a patch or tuner pack.

morsdraconis
06-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Please tell me that the linebackers (and some cases defensive lineman) able to jump over tall buildings in a single bound is gone...........

Absolutely is.

JBHuskers
06-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Trajectory of the ball is still way too low on most passes. I'm also experience a ton of tipped balls at the LOS.

For the record, I'm actually having fun. Yes, that's right, for the first time since '07 on PS2, I'm actually enjoying myself. It's a good start, I have have my fingers crossed they actually fix the stuff that needs to be fixed via a patch or tuner pack.

...and you're only playing the demo right now :nod:

PeteyKirch
06-28-2011, 03:24 PM
You people must either have slow connections or the download service is swamped. I downloaded the XBox Demo in about 15 minutes, started at 5:30AM when I got up, when I got out of the shower it was done 15 minutes later.

I OU a Beatn

It's not. Part of the problem is the low trajectory of the ball and part of the problem is they jump too high. I have a huge "what the.." moment earlier. I ran a post route over the middle against a cover 2 and my receiver was probably about 20 yards down field and the MLB was around 8-10 yards from the LOS, I fired a bullet(which would've been a pass that would be about 25 yards down field ideally) and the LB jumps up and picks it off like nothing. :fp:

fsuprime
just started my download, 8% 23 minutes left

umhester04
06-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Ever since the grass thread over on the Madden OS forums this black spotted grass is starting to bug me. I wish I never looked at that thread :(

Paakaa10
06-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Ever since the grass thread over on the Madden OS forums this black spotted grass is starting to bug me. I wish I never looked at that thread :(

Black spotted grass? I didn't read that thread; what is meant by this?

JBHuskers
06-28-2011, 03:26 PM
It's not. Part of the problem is the low trajectory of the ball and part of the problem is they jump too high. I have a huge "what the.." moment earlier. I ran a post route over the middle against a cover 2 and my receiver was probably about 20 yards down field and the MLB was around 8-10 yards from the LOS, I fired a bullet(which would've been a pass that would be about 25 yards down field ideally) and the LB jumps up and picks it off like nothing. :fp:

If you fire a bullet, it is going to have low trajectory....

psusnoop
06-28-2011, 03:27 PM
At the rate your going I'll have mine downloaded and playing before you and I don't get home for another 2 hours. :)

LOL this has to finish before you get yours done, I can't be the last one to the party for everything we do here :D:D

JBHuskers
06-28-2011, 03:28 PM

You are able to put touch on your passes....I did it many times on 12.

hawkeyeguy
06-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Absolutely is.

This is GREAT fucking news, thanks.

Oneback
06-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Hey Oneback,

Is the Inverted Veer kind of like when Oregon has LaMichael James motioning in from the WR position to the RB position and sortof "running in place" as he waits for the snap and then it is a read option from there?

Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bNvIronhy8

This is labled as inverted veer but looks like a midline variant...its hard to tell from the angle if he was reading the end or the DT. With inverted veer the QB is reading the frontside defensive end.

hawkeyeguy
06-28-2011, 03:29 PM

Wait it's still there?? WTF...............

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2011, 03:30 PM

For a 25 yard throw, it should never, ever be low enough for a LB only 8 or so yards deep to make a play on it, let alone jump up and get it without even taking a step backwards. A post route against cover 2 has to be a bullet throw. If you lob it, the safety is going to have all kinds of time to come over and make a play on it.

For the situation, a bullet pass was definitely the correct pass selection and there's absolutely no way the MLB should've even have a chance at making a play on the ball. I could understand if it was a 15 yard route, but it wasn't. My receiver was a good 20 yards down field and considering the receiver should have been led, the ball should've been thrown around 25 yards.

Justin66
06-28-2011, 03:31 PM
the option works pretty good I like it

umhester04
06-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Paakaa it really is a nitpicky thing so I do not know why it bothers me so much, but over on that thread they were showing pictures of the grass in madden as opposed to the grass in real life and the grass in madden/ncaa looks like the texture is zoomed in. It looks great on replays with the 3d grass but for normal gameplay it looks weird. One again it is 100% nitpicky but it just bothers me now and I wish it didn't because it isn't that big of a deal at all, but just knowing that the grass can look better is what bothers me I guess.

AustinWolv
Black-spotted grass, huh?

They aren't talking about the black rubber pellets kicked up during replays that I presume is replicating FieldTurf rubber pellets, are they?

morsdraconis
Wait it's still there?? WTF...............

No. What's he's talkin' about is perfectly normal. You can't bullet a pass 30 yards down the field without the ball being picked off by the underneath coverage. But you can throw the ball "normal" and put it right inbetween the coverage. It's easily doable, just don't expect to bullet the ball everywhere and not get picked off by guys playing the passing lanes.

Paakaa10
06-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Paakaa it really is a nitpicky thing so I do not know why it bothers me so much, but over on that thread they were showing pictures of the grass in madden as opposed to the grass in real life and the grass in madden/ncaa looks like the texture is zoomed in. It looks great on replays with the 3d grass but for normal gameplay it looks weird. One again it is 100% nitpicky but it just bothers me now and I wish it didn't because it isn't that big of a deal at all, but just knowing that the grass can look better is what bothers me I guess.

Such are the hazards of frequenting some threads, I suppose haha.

JBHuskers
06-28-2011, 03:34 PM
No. What's he's talkin' about is perfectly normal. You can't bullet a pass 30 yards down the field without the ball being picked off by the underneath coverage. But you can throw the ball "normal" and put it right inbetween the coverage. It's easily doable, just don't expect to bullet the ball everywhere and not get picked off by guys playing the passing lanes.

Exactly....if you can't put touch on it because there is a safety there, you shouldn't try to Brett Favre it in.

umhester04
06-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Black-spotted grass, huh?

They aren't talking about the black rubber pellets kicked up during replays that I presume is replicating FieldTurf rubber pellets, are they?

No IMO thats how turf fields are supposed to look, I think the conversation was pretty much only about grass stadiums. I will find the link and post it here because I dont know how to post pictures.

AustinWolv
OU, you got a video example? 25-30 yards really isn't that far, so a bullet pass isn't going to get that high above the ground......

I OU a Beatn

...are you serious? You can't find something wrong in a 25 yard pass being picked off by someone who is 8 yards from the LOS playing an underneath coverage? Ponder that for a moment, do the math, then get back to me.

JBHuskers
06-28-2011, 03:36 PM
OU, you got a video example? 25-30 yards really isn't that far, so a bullet pass isn't going to get that high above the ground......

This.

Deuce
06-28-2011, 03:37 PM
We need that Sports Science dude to solve this one. ;)

Btw, I hate all u guys that are playing the game while I'm at work! :)

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2011, 03:37 PM

When I'm stepping up into the pocket, the ball should be led. It wasn't even a full on bullet pass. It was more of a bullet than a lob, but it had some touch on it. I even had the analog stick pointing up so the QB would lead the receiver. It looked absolutely retarded, I do know that.

umhester04
06-28-2011, 03:38 PM
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/489668-madden-12-grass-needs-work-8.html

This is the thread I was talking about.

So Oneback, the veer is basically a read option but instead of the qb reading the backside DE he reads the frontside one? Doesn't matter about the pre snap motion correct?

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2011, 03:39 PM

We might. I personally have a hard time believing a full on bullet pass should've been picked off, either, let alone one that had an ounce of touch on it. That's almost a 20 yard difference in total flight, so that's one hell of a jump. Like I said, a lot of it has to do with the low trajectory the ball is thrown at which isn't realistic at all. I've had several balls knocked down because the ball wasn't thrown high enough even though it had touch on it.

JBHuskers
06-28-2011, 03:40 PM

Haha yeah exactly :D

I'm at work too....another hour or so.

morsdraconis
06-28-2011, 03:41 PM
...are you serious? You can't find something wrong in a 25 yard pass being picked off by someone who is 8 yards from the LOS playing an underneath coverage? Ponder that for a moment, do the math, then get back to me.

You do realize that with the arm strength to throw the deep out route (12-15 yards down the field), you have to bullet the pass pretty much with barely any arc on the ball at all right? You're trying to do the exact same thing over the middle of the field. 12-15 yards and 20-25 yards is going to barely have ANY difference on the arc of the ball if you're trying to sling it in there as hard as you can.

hawkeyeguy
06-28-2011, 03:41 PM

Absolutely agree with this. The fact that linemen and linebackers were jumping as high as they were in 11 to swat passes (hell even pick them off) is unrealistic as hell.

ram29jackson
06-28-2011, 03:42 PM
someone playing -critiqueing the demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8DgkUFzkeg&feature=feedu

beartide06
06-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Well one thing I just saw that I did not like at all was that I just had 6 defenders get pancaked AT ONE TIME.

Tarhead10
06-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Wow, I think I have thrown more interceptions than JB did at community day!!...:smh::D

JBHuskers
06-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Wow, I think I have thrown more interceptions than JB did at community day!!...:smh::D

...and that was just one game :D (for me :smh:)

beartide06
06-28-2011, 03:47 PM
And now 5 people just got pancaked at once on the DL. I am playing against bama by the way.

johntom2000
06-28-2011, 03:48 PM

+1 I am in the same boat. I get off in like 5 mins tho but, got a 30 min drive home. :fp:

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2011, 03:49 PM
You do realize that with the arm strength to throw the deep out route (12-15 yards down the field), you have to bullet the pass pretty much with barely any arc on the ball at all right? You're trying to do the exact same thing over the middle of the field. 12-15 yards and 20-25 yards is going to barely have ANY difference on the arc of the ball if you're trying to sling it in there as hard as you can.

If it was a full bullet pass, yeah, I might be more inclined to agree. But like I said, it did have some touch on it. Obviously not a lot because then the safety comes into play, but there was touch. We're going to have to agree to disagree because there's no way I'll ever accept that a LB 8 yards off the LOS should be able to make a play on a ball that is thrown ahead of the receiver on a 20+ yard post route.

ram29jackson
another youtube demo experience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vI5qmYCioQ&feature=feedu

RTCVT
I think Bamas O-line is just horribly overrated, because in the other games the OL-DL interaction is pretty good, but against Bama they pancake my players all game

SmoothPancakes
Well one thing I just saw that I did not like at all was that I just had 6 defenders get pancaked AT ONE TIME.

And people were bitching and moaning a couple months or weeks or whenever ago when the bullrush video came out. At least that was only one offensive lineman. :fp:

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Absolutely agree with this. The fact that linemen and linebackers were jumping as high as they were in 11 to swat passes (hell even pick them off) is unrealistic as hell.

It is toned down from '11. I've had it happen a few times, but nothing like what happened with '11. That's one of the reasons I stopped playing '11 as early as I did and I haven't seen it as much in the demo so far. Even though I had the one BS interception and another BS tip or two, it's definitely been toned down.

I am getting a ton of tipped passes by lineman, though.

Tarhead10
06-28-2011, 03:51 PM

Yeah yall wont kiddin about zone defense...WOW its killing me..

beartide06
06-28-2011, 03:54 PM
And people were bitching and moaning a couple months or weeks or whenever ago when the bullrush video came out. At least that was only one offensive lineman. :fp:

Yeah it was really terrible. Maybe that is why last night Richardson had 386 yds and 6 TD's rushing on 12 carries. That OL is murdering me every play lol

AustinWolv
06-28-2011, 03:54 PM
You can't find something wrong in a 25 yard pass being picked off by someone who is 8 yards from the LOS playing an underneath coverage? Ponder that for a moment, do the math, then get back to me.

I'm bored at work and just drew it out on graph paper.

Passer is 6' tall, assumed ball release point of 8'.
Defender is 6' tall, assumed reach up to 8' (ignore jump ability of at LEAST 12" right now).
Receiver is 6' tall, assumed reach up to 8' (ignore jump ability right now)

Defender is 24 feet from passer. Receiver is 78 feet from passer.

A straight-line bullet pass cannot go through the obstacle (defender), even if you assume there is no gravity. That defender can actually jump, and even if he couldn't the ball has to be thrown at a noticeable upward angle to clear the obstacle that is basically at the same height as the ball release height above the ground. Since he can jump, the ball has to be at even a greater upward angle, i.e. a bullet pass would likely sail past the receiver if that receiver is only 25-30 yards downfield. Thus, that pass cannot be a bullet.........should be a pass that has a touch of air under it and is thrown at the receiver's post break and is put on a spot to be there when the receiver gets there so it isn't a lob for the receiver to wait on and safety have time to get there.

Now granted, I'd want to see it myself in person to try it............so I just paced off those distances down the hallway. I don't see how a bullet could get there. 8 yards away is really close and definitely has to be thrown over. A bullet could be zinged by a defender, sure, but there is a great chance it would be easy to knock down, tip, or grabbed if the dude has great ball skills.

make a play on a ball that is thrown ahead of the receiver on a 20+ yard post route.
Key statement there that maybe I missed earlier while I was being bored at work. :)

If your receiver is at 25 yards or whatever, and you are leading him with a good velocity pass (but not a bullet) that is going to hit him some 40 yards downfield or something, sure, I hear ya.

Kwizzy
06-28-2011, 03:56 PM

:nod::up::)):easy::sf:

It's funny how well you can describe your feelings on a subject entirely with emoticons isn't it JB? :D

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm bored at work

I can tell. :D

I agree with you. Like I said, though, it did have a touch of air under it. If you don't put a little touch on it on post routes, then the ball is almost always thrown behind the receiver which is pointless. It hasn't happened every time, so maybe it was a freak one time thing. I hope so.

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 04:02 PM
WOW! I decided to give the demo another try, and echoing what everyone else said earlier, kickoff returns are HORRIBLE! I fielded the opening kickoff outside of the left hashmark on the 1 yard line. Florida State never once tried to shift their kickoff coverage over to trap me. My blockers flattened the three or four people who could have actually possibly made a tackle attempt, allowing me to take the kickoff 99 yards straight down the left sideline for a touchdown, without a single FSU player getting within 10 yards of me the entire way. :fp:

Pig Bomb
06-28-2011, 04:08 PM
WOW! I decided to give the demo another try, and echoing what everyone else said earlier, kickoff returns are HORRIBLE! I fielded the opening kickoff outside of the left hashmark on the 1 yard line. Florida State never once tried to shift their kickoff coverage over to trap me. My blockers flattened the three or four people who could have actually possibly made a tackle attempt, allowing me to take the kickoff 99 yards straight down the left sideline for a touchdown, without a single FSU player getting within 10 yards of me the entire way. :fp:

this must be on AA or lower... i haven't seen anything like this on heisman

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 04:13 PM
this must be on AA or lower... i haven't seen anything like this on heisman

I'm on AA. I have had so many horrible experiences with Heisman in past editions, I refuse to touch it without full slider access. Even then, I still rarely play on Heisman even in the retail game, sticking with AA with sliders set up harshly against me.

hawkeyeguy
06-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Are punt returns a little easier this year? I noticed to get a decent return (of over 10 yds) in 2011 I had to put a punt block or punt block zone on to get a decent chance to catch and run

ram29jackson
06-28-2011, 04:19 PM
this much download space left ( ) bfore it completes :D

Deuce
06-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Its weird about the kickoffs...all the E3 videos we saw were on AA or lower and we didn't see any issues. Wonder if this was tweaked between demo and E3? maybe we'll get a list of want was tuned in the near future.

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Some other things of note this time around, now that I'm no longer dealing with constant issues like I was earlier.

A: The CPU defense definitely puts up a challenge. Before I could sling the ball everywhere at will. Now I have to wait and pick the perfect time to attempt a pass.

B: The changes to tackling have made the CPU defense different and better. I had just completed a pass over the middle to my receiver and was inside the 5 yard line. Instead of trying to wrap up my guy, and most likely getting dragged into the endzone, the defender came running up/diving and simply pushed my guy down to the side, making him fall down and get called down at the 1 yard line instead of scoring a touchdown.

C: You really have to stick to your zones on defense or the CPU will make your ass pay for it. I was playing as LOLB on a zone play, left my zone to try and quick blitz the QB since a massive hole had opened up at the snap, instead, the QB instantly, within a second of me leaving that zone, bulleted a pass to the receiver going right through that zone and I got burned for 27 yards.

D: I can definitely feel the changes made to user tackling. I had the QB scrambling off to his left, no one open, he was clearly making a run for it. I took control of one of my linebackers and went to flatten him, and completely whiffed. QB ended up running for another 15 yards down field before one of my defenders could get over and into a position to tackle him.

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 04:21 PM
yeah, I just hit a 70 yd bomb between two safeties, over top on the LB's. It was beautiful, just enough air, but still a lot of zip on the pass. EJ Manuel for FSU is a beast.

beartide06
06-28-2011, 04:23 PM
did anybody have problems sharing the demo?

ram29jackson
06-28-2011, 04:23 PM
another guy saying its set on heisman- video not great but so what ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FKEmSdAv3s

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Its weird about the kickoffs...all the E3 videos we saw were on AA or lower and we didn't see any issues. Wonder if this was tweaked between demo and E3? maybe we'll get a list of want was tuned in the near future.

I said multiple times how easy kick off returns looked. That's why I wasn't surprised in the least when I yanked the opening kick off for a TD.

Whether it's an issue with AA or what, it needs to be fixed. Online games are on AA so it's not like changing the difficulty is an option.

fsuprime
06-28-2011, 04:25 PM
having fun so far, def just had the bama DT jump 5 feet in the air for the int though lol, hb counter is so much better

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 04:26 PM
I said multiple times how easy kick off returns looked. That's why I wasn't surprised in the least when I yanked the opening kick off for a TD.

Whether it's an issue with AA or what, it needs to be fixed. Online games are on AA so it's not like changing the difficulty is an option.

Yep, that's also why I'm playing on AA right now. Even though I never play online, I'm playing as if I were playing online with default settings, seeing what I can break, what works, what doesn't.

Deuce
06-28-2011, 04:30 PM

Really? I don't remember any big returns?? Or you just saw the potential for big returns?

ram29jackson
06-28-2011, 04:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tb7yzd_SNk

Tarhead10
06-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Really liking these dive animations... Had my QB from Bama float a pass to the corner and the WR dove at the last minute in the corner of the endzone and caught it..That was sweet!!!

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Alright, I think I actually broke it. :D :fp:

Just ended the third quarter playing as Alabama against FSU, started the transition from the third to the fourth, and this is exactly what I am currently looking at on my TV right now.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/0628011727.jpg

Paakaa10
06-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Games played on All-American.

GAME #1
CPU - Oregon -- 7
ME - Texas -- 17

Oregon QB had a good scramble for a first down on a 3rd-and-7 play, and their HB scored a 54-yard TD on a shotgun run play.

I forced three fumbles in the first half and recovered two of them; no fumbles in the second half though, oddly. I committed one stupid turnover on a bad throw at the end of the first half.

Great to see the cut-scene with the cannon firing after Texas touchdowns.

Weird thing happened as I was up 10-7 with the ball at the end of the 3rd Quarter in Oregon territory; they called all three of their time-outs in a row as I was rushing the ball.

Oregon completed a nice deep pass on me with under a minute left to play as their receiver got behind my DBs. Didn't feel cheap.

One of my touchdowns was a great pass of about 30 yards where the receiver caught the ball on the run and dashed between two DBs into the end zone. Love that tweak to the receiving game this year.

GAME #2
CPU - Alabama -- 14
ME - Florida State -- 7

Gave up an 88-yard screen pass for a touchdown because of my over-reliance on the hit stick instead of just wrapping up; ugh.

Threw another stupid INT against zone defense which was quickly turned into points against me; gotta stop playing like it's NCAA Football 11!

Got the ball back down 14-7 late in the 4th Quarter and had a ton of trouble moving it up the field. Turned the ball over on downs when my QB threw incomplete on 4th-and-7 to seal the loss. Definitely can't just turn to Four Verticals and wait for the CPU defense to give space to fit the ball in at the end of the game like in NCAA 11.

GENERAL THOUGHTS
- Thrilled to see how nice it looks on PlayStation 3 after only playing a single game on the console during the Community Events. Nice to be playing NCAA with a DualShock controller again.

- Love the new collision system and how bone-jarring some of the hits can be, especially when you're cleaning somebody up after an initial tackle attempt.

- Never got the ball out past the 30 yard line on kickoff returns. Don't know if it's just because I suck at returning kicks or what, but definitely didn't see it being easy as some have mentioned.

beartide06
06-28-2011, 04:36 PM
I have also noticed that the CPU QB will throw it away while standing in the pocket, but not get called for intentional grounding. This has happened 3 times to me so far. I want to hear a list of what has been fixed on the retail version.

th3 last tiger
06-28-2011, 04:37 PM
I have a bug i found, the pistol zone reads don't work, for me at least. They still seem to be broken and I haven't even been able to hand off the ball...

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Alright, I think I actually broke it. :D :fp:

Just ended the third quarter playing as Alabama against FSU, started the transition from the third to the fourth, and this is exactly what I am currently looking at on my TV right now.

And just like that, everything is back to normal like nothing ever happened. All it took was being forced to get called for a delay of game penalty. :rolleyes:

That better not be something that is going to happen from time to time in the retail game or that is going to seriously piss me off. No reason I should be forced to eat a delay of game penalty because the stupid game got frozen on the end of quarter screen while transitioning into the fourth quarter.

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 04:40 PM
The crowd sounds better on the PS3 demo, about to start a game, see if I notice some differences.

EDIT : I didn't run a single kick back on the 360, first kick on the PS3 : TD.

Paakaa10
06-28-2011, 04:42 PM
The crowd sounds better on the PS3 demo, about to start a game, see if I notice some differences.

I saw people complaining about crowd noise earlier in the day from the 360 demo and have to say in my short time with the PS3 demo that the crowd has sounded pretty good. They react correctly to the big plays and all that. Just goes to show how finnicky software code can be, I suppose.

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Trying to run when only needing 1 or 2 yards for a first down is going to be impossible. Tried to run three straight times on 2nd/3rd/and 4th and one. Every single time, the entire defensive and linebackers were completely blown through my offensive line and ready to tackle me before I even finished handing off the ball to my HB.

Same thing with screens. Called a HB screen. The entire defensive line had plowed through my offensive line and was sacking me before my HB could even get out of the backfield and get the screen set up.

umhester04
06-28-2011, 04:50 PM
There are only 2 things I didn't like.

1. The animation where the runner goes to change directions and he sortof "floats" without moving his feet from left/right or right/left while holding up his off ball arm. IDK if I am explaining it right but it looks bad. I just wish the runners took more steps I guess.

2. Punt/Kick returns. The coverage is always running straight down the middle of the field. Why can't they keep their lanes covering the whole field? this is why there are no real lanes to run through, because literally there are 9 guys all in a pack running straight down the middle of the field. Needs to be changed ASAP

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 04:50 PM

EDIT : I didn't run a single kick back on the 360, first kick on the PS3 : TD.

I see I'm not alone with the kickoff returns for a TD ease. :D

Really? I don't remember any big returns?? Or you just saw the potential for big returns?

It was big returns, not just the potential for them. If you return the kickoff and try to go up the middle, you will get tackled, most likely before the 30 or 35. If you return the kickoff and head for one of the sidelines, all it takes is one or two blocks, maybe a juke, and you're gone for a touchdown and the kickoff team will never get close to you. All I know is in a whole two games played so far on the demo, I have returned two kickoffs for touchdowns. I returned one kickoff return for a touchdown my entire time with NCAA 11 (over 10 months). So far, in a mere two games in the demo, I've returned two.

Punt returns, I have no clue on as I have not really done much in regards to punting or punt returning. Every possession by myself and the CPU ends in either a touchdown, a field goal, or an interception.

fsuprime
06-28-2011, 04:53 PM
lol ea wtf, you would not let me skip through the on the field review where you show me in SLOW MO that the WRs foot was out of bounds before he caught the ball, and then you REVERSE the call that he was out of bounds and call it a catch.

i dont care if u can't do the ref's right, but dont make me sit thru it every time

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 04:54 PM
for those with both systems : is it me, or does the demo just look better on the 360?

th3 last tiger
06-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Ok I've tried it again it sill doesn't work. Anyone else able to get any of the pistol zone read plays to work?

JPBD
GAME #2
CPU - Alabama -- 14
ME - Florida State -- 7

Gave up an 88-yard screen pass for a touchdown because of my over-reliance on the hit stick instead of just wrapping up; ugh.

Remember... :360x: is your friend.

SmoothPancakes
My third game, this time playing as Oregon vs. Texas. My third kickoff return for a touchdown on the opening kickoff. :fp:

Every single time, all you have to do is catch the ball and head for one of the sidelines. A block here, a juke there, and you're gone, no one is touching you. Only problem is in the game, is that it got called back for clipping, but still. Kickoffs should NOT BE THAT EASY!

PeteyKirch
06-28-2011, 05:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZwGsaV67Zk

That's from the 1st half of my AA Oregon/Texas game.

Not really much happened, did return a kick for a TD though.

2nd half is still uploading.

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 05:04 PM
i know why, it's only in 720p lol.

First OT game. First play, zone read for an Oregon TD, hopefully I can get a stop.

Paakaa10
06-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Remember... :360x: is your friend.

Or :ps3sq: in my case; either way, after all the time I've spent with this game I should know better by now! :P

ram29jackson
06-28-2011, 05:08 PM
kick offs are hitting my receiver in the head or something and bouncing away...?

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Also, does the 360 just not have a post game show? I see it on the PS3.

Tarhead10
06-28-2011, 05:12 PM

I dont think so.. I havent seen one

Oneback
06-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Awesome, got home at 4:56 started the download, got to 80% then was kicked off of PSN and cannot get logged back in.

beartide06
06-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Ok, Idk if I am doing something wrong or what but every time I try to share the demo it says; "Warning. Your Gamer Profile does not have the correct permissions to access this feature." Any help or insight to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Ok, Idk if I am doing something wrong or what but every time I try to share the demo it says; "Warning. Your Gamer Profile does not have the correct permissions to access this feature." Any help or insight to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I've been getting that too since this morning. Thank god, I thought it was something wrong with my account. :D At least I now know it's an issue others are having.

beartide06
06-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I've been getting that too since this morning. Thank god, I thought it was something wrong with my account. :D At least I now know it's an issue others are having.

Yeah I was starting to wonder if it was just me too as well lol. I was like oh great, what happened to my EA account? Wouldn't be surprised if it was like "Warning. You will not be able to play online dynasty or play any online features in the retail version due to the corruption of your EA account. Forever. Have a nice life." LOL

ram29jackson
06-28-2011, 05:19 PM
anyone notice the type of pass hot routes you get when hot routing your RB in the backfield? diagonal to left and right are different types altogether

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Yeah I was starting to wonder if it was just me too as well lol. I was like oh great, what happened to my EA account? Wouldn't be surprised if it was like "Warning. You will not be able to play online dynasty or play any online features in the retail version due to the corruption of your EA account. Forever. Have a nice life." LOL

Oh that would piss me off like no one ever has been if it was something like that. I'm looking very much forward to doing a single player coaching carousel online dynasty, possibly in coach mode, haven't decided yet.

hitman625
06-28-2011, 05:23 PM
I only got two games in before I had to leave for work. But I really enjoyed my time with it so far...by far my favorite moment was when my WR actually performed a stop and go and the DB bit. A perfect rainbow for the TD right over the WR shoulder

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 05:23 PM
problems i've noticed :

pistol zone read, you can't hand it off.

crowd goes "dead" sometimes, especially on 4th down on certain occasions.

slip screens don't work.

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2011, 05:26 PM
- Never got the ball out past the 30 yard line on kickoff returns. Don't know if it's just because I suck at returning kicks or what, but definitely didn't see it being easy as some have mentioned.

As soon as you receive the kick off, start running along side the left hash. As soon as the wave hits you, do a quick juke to the outside. You'll more than likely see a one on one situation and if you make him miss...goodnight.

for those with both systems : is it me, or does the demo just look better on the 360?

The vast majority of multiplatform games look better on 360. Apparently it's just easier to develop for and hence why it usually looks a tad better.

fsuprime
06-28-2011, 05:26 PM
really like running from the shotgun, passing got a lot easier once i went against texas' D instead of Bamas lol.

Richardson is a monster, I need to figure out that wrap button. Touch passing def. works, and zone works better than last year, im not sure if it is just tricky EA or whatever but it is def a good change.

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Also, I'm a little confused as to why about twice a game, the CPU QB will snap the ball and immediately throw it 20 yards out of bounds. I'm even more so confused as to how it isn't considered intentional grounding.

Gotmadskillzson
06-28-2011, 05:28 PM
All American and Heisman play completely different. On All American and lower I am able to run back kick returns and punt returns for a TD with ease, just go up the sidelines. On Heisman......not happening.

Also on All American I am able to blow out the cpu 28-0 or 35-0. Heisman, that isn't happening. CPU actually have a brain on heisman.

Gotmadskillzson
06-28-2011, 05:29 PM

What ?????? I see no post game show on 360 : (

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 05:31 PM
As soon as you receive the kick off, start running along side the left hash. As soon as the wave hits you, do a quick juke to the outside. You'll more than likely see a one on one situation and if you make him miss...goodnight.

Heck, I head straight for either sideline, whichever is closest when I catch the kick, usually positioning about halfway between the sideline and the hash mark. I never have more than four guys who are in a position to make a play on me. My blockers usually take care of two or three of them, sometimes all four, then just juke or outrun the fourth person, and it's hello touchdown. Easiest kickoff return for a touchdown I have ever seen in my decade of NCAA Football playing.

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Just ran a counter, got 3 yards, fumbled the ball and my receiver picked it up and ran 77 yards for the score. :D

ram29jackson
06-28-2011, 05:32 PM
on a read option...the AI defender actually went for the RB and my QB got a few yards out of it..usually last year they just went after the QB..im on heisman

Oneback
06-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Fixed the PSN problem and I am now installing. Initial download started at 4:56p installing at 5:33p with a 15 min break to fix my issue with getting logged out of PSN.

ram29jackson
06-28-2011, 05:38 PM
on heisman- threw a bullet pass in heavy coverage and my receiver did that thing where it still jutts towards the ball missing animations inbetween

fsuprime
ps3 demo looks a little ratty as far as graphics and blockyness of lettering n stuff, hoping it gets fixed for real version, have an xbox but cant compare cause i dont use xbox live

SmoothPancakes
All American and Heisman play completely different. On All American and lower I am able to run back kick returns and punt returns for a TD with ease, just go up the sidelines. On Heisman......not happening.

Also on All American I am able to blow out the cpu 28-0 or 35-0. Heisman, that isn't happening. CPU actually have a brain on heisman.

Still an issue that absolutely needs to be fixed. With online games being played on default AA, every single disease ridden cheeser and douchebag to ever infect and make unclean the online lobbies, will exploit the ever loving hell out of that. Sure, you can just simply user tackle to take care of them when they try it, but it just plain and simple should not even be an issue whatsoever to have to deal with.

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 05:39 PM
if there is one thing I've learned today with this game is, if you get up by 3 scores vs a good defensive team/player, you may not have a chance to come all the way back. NCAA 11, if you told me I was down 17 with at least 6 mins left total in the game, I'd tell you that I'd get a W. But now, sheesh lol. I love it.

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2011, 05:40 PM
With online games being played on default AA, every single disease ridden cheeser and douchebag to ever infect and make unclean the online lobbies, will exploit the ever loving hell out of that.

*Shudders*

beartide06
06-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Oh that would piss me off like no one ever has been if it was something like that. I'm looking very much forward to doing a single player coaching carousel online dynasty, possibly in coach mode, haven't decided yet.

Yeah I doubt that would happen, but if it did.... good LORD I would be buying a new TV and Xbox due to the destruction that was caused lol. Yeah I am also looking forward to those things. I wouldn't mind doing a 2 person Online Dynasty. I did a 12 man one last year where I was the Commissioner and it was a lot of work to keep up with everyone. so i have decided to keep it simple. Plus, the lag against online opponents just erks my nerves to no end.

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 05:43 PM
*Shudders*

:D Exactly. I don't even play online games, but I always keep the online population here at TGT in thought when playing demos for games like this. I do all sorts of the cheesy crap you'll see in the online lobby, trying to see what can be done, what is now no longer possible, what can be exploited, etc. Anything to help make this thing a little better for those forced to play default AA. I go out of my way to try and break this bitch. Just see my picture that I posted a page or two back when I broke the demo for a couple minutes. :D

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2011, 05:46 PM
There's number 10, this time a 102 yard rip where I did one juke move. I don't know how many games I've played so far, but I'm pretty close to having one return TD every game.

The one thing that has me kind of excited is how inaccurate QBs are when they're running around. I've seen several short hops while trying to throw backwards. Hopefully it stays that way so I can laugh at the people who take the ball, sprint 20 yards back, and then look to throw. I wonder if they realize how stupid they look? :D

EDIT: There's #11 in the same game as #10.

ram29jackson
06-28-2011, 05:52 PM
There's number 10, this time a 102 yard rip where I did one juke move. I don't know how many games I've played so far, but I'm pretty close to having one return TD every game.

The one thing that has me kind of excited is how inaccurate QBs are when they're running around. I've seen several short hops while trying to throw backwards. Hopefully it stays that way so I can laugh at the people who take the ball, sprint 20 yards back, and then look to throw. I wonder if they realize how stupid they look? :D

odds are they are young kids and dont care how stupid it looks

SmoothPancakes

Yeah, I've played four games so far, and have had a kickoff return in all four of them. And that will be hilarious to see, seeing them get all pissed off because they can't run around 20 yards behind the LOS like a headless chicken and then throw a pass on a dime to a receiver. I would be almost tempted to venture into the East Room on release day just to match up with a cheeser and see him try that and see/hear his reaction when he can't do it anymore. :D

beartide06

They don't realize it one bit. Shoot, I bet they do that when they play real football. Come on man, haven't you been paying attention to the new thing? :P

cdj
Did you see this before it happened?

http://counterforce.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/the-frozen-donkey-wheel.png?w=500&h=280

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/0628011727.jpg

We've been forwarding on the issues you guys have been running into. Keep posting your feedback, thoughts, and general impressions.

th3 last tiger
06-28-2011, 05:53 PM
problems i've noticed :

pistol zone read, you can't hand it off.

crowd goes "dead" sometimes, especially on 4th down on certain occasions.

slip screens don't work.

Ok so I'm not the only one who notice the pistol reads don't work

psusnoop
06-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Awesome, got home at 4:56 started the download, got to 80% then was kicked off of PSN and cannot get logged back in.

Phew I'm glad that worked, if I hadn't had u booted you may have beaten me to it. :D:D

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Did you see this before it happened?

We've been forwarding on the issues you guys have been running into. Keep posting your feedback, thoughts, and general impressions.

Why yes, yes I did. :D

That was the only time that I have had that issue, out of four games played so far. Though I have noticed quite a bit of slow down and lag in the animation and screen wipe at the end of the third quarter. And it's only when going from the third to the fourth. I haven't had any issues at the end of any of the other quarters.

ram29jackson
06-28-2011, 06:01 PM
another guys demo vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uur2Zlat9s

cdj
06-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Why yes, yes I did. :D

That was the only time that I have had that issue, out of four games played so far. Though I have noticed quite a bit of slow down and lag in the animation and screen wipe at the end of the third quarter. And it's only when going from the third to the fourth. I haven't had any issues at the end of any of the other quarters.

Are you referring to 'slowdown' of the highlights, mascots, & crowd on the video screen? If we are thinking of the same thing, that is actually by design I believe.

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Are you referring to 'slowdown' of the highlights, mascots, & crowd on the video screen? If we are thinking of the same thing, that is actually by design I believe.

Yeah, when the video screen comes onto the screen, showing the end of quarter score at the bottom with the highlights and what not going on. Yeah, that's when it slows way down and gets to the point that it's almost like it's laggy in speed.

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Oregon's KR was the player of the game. 312 return yards and 3 TDs. :D

ram29jackson
06-28-2011, 06:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEKVEIKM7rk

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2011, 06:11 PM
5 for 5 on opening kickoffs returned for a touchdown. :D

cdj
06-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Yeah, when the video screen comes onto the screen, showing the end of quarter score at the bottom with the highlights and what not going on. Yeah, that's when it slows way down and gets to the point that it's almost like it's laggy in speed.

At least in the video screen, I believe that slowdown is by design. As for the whole overlay....not sure. I'll try and notice that on retail tomorrow and see how it is.

xMrHitStickx904
06-28-2011, 06:12 PM
For the players who run a variation of the spread option attack like I do, the "Offset HB Power O" play from Shotgun Twin TE is crazy good.

Also, just ran a read option with Oregon, kept it, followed Jame up the middle for a 30 yd TD untouched. Great blocking, this is the type of blocking/read success that is needed.

texacotea
06-28-2011, 06:12 PM

yea noticed this also, and when it showed the game track it had no players just a ball dancing around.

1st game I took oregon, missed a FG Texas hit a FG late and I returned the kickoff 99yrds for a td to win 7-3

2nd - Trent Richardson LIT me up, had over 100 in the first half.

All games were played on Hiesman. Did notice that with :30 left in the game that Texas decides to run the ball instead of throwing it down field to maybe go for the win.

PeteyKirch
06-28-2011, 06:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pENfQFXkFvw

My 2nd half of the Oregon/Texas game.

ram29jackson
06-28-2011, 06:17 PM
seems to me..if you try to be a blocker on receiving team on a kick off and let the AI catch the ball it hits his helmet and bounces away

Iron Dragon
06-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Damnit internet, why did you just have to go down for 2 hours and now run pitifully slow. :smh:

Oneback
06-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Best demo I've played so far....some of the plays I gave to EA are in Ace wing trio in Bama's playbook.

beartide06
06-28-2011, 06:26 PM
seems to me..if you try to be a blocker on receiving team on a kick off and let the AI catch the ball it hits his helmet and bounces away

I have had a similar problem only my guy never even tries to catch it and it goes right over his head. He is standing inside the circle too.

PeteyKirch
06-28-2011, 06:27 PM
If you check out my video, you'll see the one Texas HB breaks through my line, and runs all the way to the sideline, don't if this was to run out the clock much like DeSean Jackson did during that punt return against the Giants.