PDA

View Full Version : Kinect Version

SirHellraiser
06-23-2011, 11:30 AM
i have not heard much about how the kinect will be enabled for the NCAA 12. Are any details out there about this or videos?

Paakaa10
06-23-2011, 11:31 AM
There's a reason you haven't heard much; there is no support for Kinect in NCAA Football 12.

SirHellraiser
06-23-2011, 11:33 AM
It was annouced at E3 that madden and NCaa would have kinect enabled for both games this year

JBHuskers
06-23-2011, 11:33 AM
It was annouced at E3 that madden and NCaa would have kinect enabled for both games this year

It was? Don't think so.

SirHellraiser
06-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Never mind just madden fifa and tw

I OU a Beatn
06-23-2011, 11:34 AM
No, it wasn't. EA said something about future titles possibly supporting it, but nothing was said of NCAA.

Paakaa10
06-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Never mind just madden fifa and tw

And I believe that the statement was that they were looking into how to use Kinect in Madden NFL, FIFA, and Tiger Woods for the 2012 calendar year; this would mean that Madden NFL 12 and FIFA 12 won't have Kinect support, but there may be support for the device in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13, Madden NFL 13, and FIFA 13.

psuexv
06-24-2011, 09:45 AM
support for the device in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13, Madden NFL 13, and FIFA 13.

^^^^^^Yes,

and they mentioned things like being able to use Kinect to call audibles and motion. I doubt we are at the stage of physically playing with Kinect

I OU a Beatn
06-24-2011, 09:54 AM
I doubt we are at the stage of physically playing with Kinect

Hopefully it stays that way. If using motion control ever becomes a requirement, I'll be done with gaming. Gaming is my relaxing time, I don't want to be jumping around, flailing my arms like an idiot to enjoy a hobby.

AustinWolv
06-24-2011, 10:22 AM
I don't want to be jumping around, flailing my arms like an idiot to enjoy a hobby.
You do too much of it at work?

:P

I OU a Beatn
06-24-2011, 11:18 AM
:D No, but regardless, I'm a huge naysayer of motion control. I do not like it.

psuexv
06-24-2011, 11:27 AM

I'm actually for it in certain situations. I think with the Wii and playing those types of games with the family is fun, or some of the games that the Kinect has.

However, I'm totally against my sports games and shooter games being motion. They always need to give me the controller option.

AustinWolv
06-24-2011, 11:31 AM
Shooter games could be friggin' awesome if it was done well..........the jazz hand thing shown in the next Ghost Recon game at E3 was discouraging. But I'd love to see a shooter game that had you do an actual reload motion to reload, being able to aim and fire quickly, bring your hand up to slap the bolt release like on a real AR15 (or some generic motion like that to do it for the different types of guns in the game), do a scope throw lever motion to zoom in with a scope.......but I don't hold out hope that game devs would do realistic motions like that since kiddies don't actually know proper gun manipulations....

psuexv
06-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah if done correctly and only parts of the shooter as motion. I don't want to have to run and crouch. But I do think head motion would be cool as hell if they could incorporate that.

I was also very very disappointed with the Star Wars Kinect game shown at E3.

psusnoop
06-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Yeah if done correctly and only parts of the shooter as motion. I don't want to have to run and crouch. But I do think head motion would be cool as hell if they could incorporate that.

I was also very very disappointed with the Star Wars Kinect game shown at E3.

I'd go with the head motion as well but you would need some big ass TV's to turn right while still watching the screen to shoot that SOB.

I don't want to see motion on my sports games or shooters.

JBHuskers
06-24-2011, 12:55 PM
<<<<<<< could care less about Kinect

I have PS3 Move, but don't use it that much, considering there are not that many good titles just for it yet.

AustinWolv
06-24-2011, 01:54 PM
I don't want to see motion on my sports games or shooters. If I want to play something like that then I will (and I do with the family).
Posting that you shoot your family is a piece of evidence that will assist authorities later in piecing together your case. Just a heads-up.

steelerfan
06-24-2011, 05:26 PM

+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

psusnoop
06-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Posting that you shoot your family is a piece of evidence that will assist authorities later in piecing together your case. Just a heads-up.

Lol maybe should have rewrote that slightly. :D:D

NatureBoy
06-24-2011, 05:43 PM
:D I'm much too lazy to play a Kinect version of NCAA Football and Madden.

JeffHCross
06-26-2011, 08:23 PM
The Kinect is a disaster waiting to happen for any game requiring movement of a character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Ef__JkwaI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWbh68HKWv0

Need I say/show more?

SmoothPancakes
06-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I have never had ANY desire whatsoever to play anything associated with Kinect, PS Move or Wii.

joshuahuskers
06-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Meh, Kinnect is fun with friends just messing around with the default little games they give you when you buy it (I don't have one, my friend does, I've played it), but I'd never want to play a football game on it. Ever.

morsdraconis
06-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Kinect is horrible. The Wii motion shit is terrible and the PSMove shit is just as bad. Why would I want to jump up and down and flail around to do simple character movements that require such an incredibly small amount of finger movement to do with a controller?

The only thing that's even remotely interesting to do with a motion controller is playing golf but then, it's still just about using the accelerometer as a button push instead of just hitting the button.

In the end, it's dumb and definitely not something I would EVER do by myself to play a game and totally ruined numerous Wii only titles with dumb ass uses of the motion controls for no real reason other than to have an excuse to use the motion controls.

Wisey105
06-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Shooter games could be friggin' awesome if it was done well..........the jazz hand thing shown in the next Ghost Recon game at E3 was discouraging. But I'd love to see a shooter game that had you do an actual reload motion to reload, being able to aim and fire quickly, bring your hand up to slap the bolt release like on a real AR15 (or some generic motion like that to do it for the different types of guns in the game), do a scope throw lever motion to zoom in with a scope.......but I don't hold out hope that game devs would do realistic motions like that since kiddies don't actually know proper gun manipulations....

Gunstringer looks like an interesting shooter for the Kinect http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBAZ3xLFUY4

Iron Dragon
06-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Kinect would make me lose more games.

psusnoop
06-27-2011, 07:27 AM
The Kinect is a disaster waiting to happen for any game requiring movement of a character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Ef__JkwaI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWbh68HKWv0

Need I say/show more?

Very good post and sums this thread up exactly :up: