PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 12: Game Track

cdj
06-21-2011, 03:56 PM
In this quick clip from EA SPORTS, we learn more about Game Track, a new presentation aspect coming to NCAA Football 12.

Similar to ESPN college football broadcasts, Game Track will show game highlights while game commentators (Brad, Kirk, and Erin) will discuss specific game topics. These topics can be relatively simple in context (a great game by a running back) or rather specific (a great game by a freshman quarterback in the rain). Game Track will always appear following the opening kickoff of the third quarter and will also appear during the course of the action to highlight great performances.

After checking out the video, share your thoughts with the community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFBHCEmAHWo

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?466-NCAA-Football-12-Game-Track

Rudy
06-21-2011, 04:10 PM
I think this stuff looks really good but I don't like the way the devs use replay very much. I prefer more zoomed out looks and less uber zoomed in shots of guys. Last year's replay system was poor imo and I just hope there is a good variety of zoomed stuff but also pressbox type of replays as well.

beartide06
06-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Ok CD guys, did y'all get to really see gametrack in depth or for long lengths of time any? If so, did it seem like it got repetitive at all? IMO gametrack sounds and looks really amazing and adds a lot of presentation and individuality to the game that it has been lacking in previous iterations. It is def something I have been looking for and this is a great step in the right direction.

cdj
06-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Ok CD guys, did y'all get to really see gametrack in depth or for long lengths of time any? If so, did it seem like it got repetitive at all? IMO gametrack sounds and looks really amazing and adds a lot of presentation and individuality to the game that it has been lacking in previous iterations. It is def something I have been looking for and this is a great step in the right direction.

Aside from the guaranteed Start of Third Quarter Game Track, I didn't trigger it very often. The devs did say they added several commentary lines for each event, so though you may trigger a Game Track for one certain event a couple times in one season, you may have different commentary each time. If you trigger one Game Track even too often, I suppose it would get repetitive, but I'm not sure how often most will pop up (aside from the 3rd Qtr trigger, but that one could discuss a variety of things.

They can discuss player performance or even team performance such as a high number of sacks or a big upset in the making.

Kwizzy
06-21-2011, 04:22 PM

What I saw of it it was very nice. It adds quite a bit to that telecast feel that EA is trying to present. That being said, I don't know how repetitive it will get because that's tough to tell in the setting we've played the game in IMO.

Paakaa10
06-21-2011, 04:26 PM

I triggered it once in the fourth quarter of a game after my halfback scored his third touchdown of the game; it was cool to see--showed replays of the scoring plays with the commentary overlay--and as the other guys have said, I think the only way you would get tired of it is if you were consistently having huge games with players at the same position.

The post-halftime Game Track is pretty inoffensive as well; I saw multiple "versions" of it that were well-suited to the tone and play of the game to that point in each case. They aren't limited to just "Team A is doing great" or "Team B is playing terrible" either; I had one post-halftime Game Track talking about how both teams were having trouble in the passing game because there were multiple INTs on each side.

Tarhead10
06-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Yeah I liked the First Half Analysis, that was pretty cool.... Definitely adds a little nice touch to presentation and in-game feel....

Gotmadskillzson
06-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Hopefully Game Track is a stepping stone for pre-game, halftime and post game shows for next year. I mean how cool would it to be playing dynasty mode and during week 6, they show a game track highlight from one of your earlier games during the pre-game show to show how dangerous you been all season long.

Paakaa10
06-21-2011, 04:41 PM
I mean how cool would it to be playing dynasty mode and during week 6, they show a game track highlight from one of your earlier games during the pre-game show to show how dangerous you been all season long.

It would be very cool, but I think it would also be pretty memory intensive to 1) save the Game Track highlight from all of the games in your Dynasty and then 2) select the appropriate highlight from the saved directory and finally 3) seamlessly access that highlight file and integrate it into the presentation for the game that you are currently playing without crashing your current game session. It would take a significant amount of programming work under the hood in order to get it to a state where you don't have errors in the recall.

I definitely think this is a good step towards improving presentation for the future, but there will still be technical hurdles to overcome before something like what you mention here is feasible enough to clear all QA certifications.

illwill10
06-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Will Gametrack be in RTG?

Paakaa10
06-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Will Gametrack be in RTG?

I didn't log enough game time--most of my Road to Glory playing was spent in practices--to be able to remember whether or not the mode has the specific Game Track presentation. That said, the Q&A with Alex Howell that went online yesterday--along with Alex's comments during the UStream today--have mentioned that there are specific presentational elements to highlight your player in Road to Glory mode.

beartide06
06-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Thanks guys. Appreciate it. It sounds very promising from what you guys have stated. As y'all also said, I don't think it would get TOO repetitive at all since their are so many variations and mix and match opportunities. Even if it is a bit repetitive, this is their first go round at this and they can build off of what they have now and make even better strides next year and the years following. Like Gotmadskillzson said, it could open up fro pre-game shows and post game shows in the future or possibly highlight shows from week to week. However, I think that may be what the dynasty wire is for. For us to create our own stories and highlights online and put them into our OD's for all to see.

illwill10
06-21-2011, 04:52 PM
I didn't log enough game time--most of my Road to Glory playing was spent in practices--to be able to remember whether or not the mode has the specific Game Track presentation. That said, the Q&A with Alex Howell that went online yesterday--along with Alex's comments during the UStream today--have mentioned that there are specific presentational elements to highlight your player in Road to Glory mode.

JBH just told me that RTG has a montage thing like GameTrack called "Legend's Spotlight".

pirates946
06-21-2011, 05:17 PM
I love this idea but im just afraid it will be triggered too often.

steelerfan
06-21-2011, 05:52 PM
I got it a couple of times for big games by d-linemen (where I play when on defense).

My knee-jerk would be to say that if you're getting the same ones over and over - adjust your sliders, lol.

Pig Bomb
06-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Game Track.... oh I thought it said Game Rack!! My bad....
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/367/648/ncstate_display_image.jpg?1283130645

psusnoop
06-21-2011, 06:13 PM
I think they sounded and looked good. It will add to the experience overall for sure.

PeteyKirch
06-21-2011, 06:19 PM
I wish there were more Broadcast Cam highlights.

jaymo76
06-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Nice addition... I just hope it is triggered on a regular basis.

jaymo76
06-21-2011, 06:51 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/367/648/ncstate_display_image.jpg?1283130645

Speaking of triggers...:))

Deuce
06-21-2011, 06:58 PM

Daaayyyyuuummm!

ram29jackson
06-21-2011, 07:12 PM
bla bla gametrack- fancy word for" some other highlights" its time to just pop the game in now :D...of course I'll have to sit here for a day or two while the guys who got it early taunt me/us :P

Rudy
06-21-2011, 07:24 PM
I wish there were more Broadcast Cam highlights.

That's what I'm hoping for. Maybe that's something that can be tuned down the road if more people want it.

This is definitely a big step in the right direction. While it could get repetitive it certainly beats the nothing of NCAA 11. We got no highlight reels last year and virtually no stat overlays. Hopefully they added enough commentary to make this work well.

steelerfan
06-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Daaayyyyuuummm!

+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Tarhead10
06-21-2011, 08:05 PM

Even as a fellow Tarheel, we can agree on one thing.. :nod:

illwill10
06-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Is there a End of Game GameTrack

OSUCowboyofMD
06-21-2011, 09:23 PM
DREADS ON LAMICHAEL JAMES?!?!?! :fp:

Deuce
06-21-2011, 09:24 PM
DREADS ON LAMICHAEL JAMES?!?!?! :fp:

There's dreads in the game? ;)

JeffHCross
06-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Ok CD guys, did y'all get to really see gametrack in depth or for long lengths of time any? If so, did it seem like it got repetitive at all?I'm sure it will, eventually. It didn't seem like it in the games we played, but I probably didn't even play a single season's worth of complete games.

On the upside, you can always :ps3x: through it.

psuexv
06-22-2011, 12:50 PM
On the upside, you can always :ps3x: through it.

As this feature seems kind of cool, this is probably what will happen more often than not. Especially since I can see it disrupting the flow of the game.

Now the end of half analysis and if they did an end of game analysis, that would be cool. I'd rather see them develop something like a highlight reel for the whole game that can be saved and uploaded than this feature.

kindella2
06-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Like it. Like the Coach/Player cut scene as well. Seems like its going to be a good looking game with a lot of new features to Dynasty and RTG. From what i have seen this might be a banner year for NCAA...hope it plays great once i get the retail.

Paakaa10
06-22-2011, 02:23 PM
I'd rather see them develop something like a highlight reel for the whole game that can be saved and uploaded than this feature.

Have to admit I would love this; MLB 11 The Show does basically what you describe here where the end-of-game highlight reel--which can often be 10-12 plays based on how the game transpired--is available to save to the Media part of the XMB once you're done watching it. I don't believe that you can share the highlight reel after that, but having the ability to save it to the console's HD and watch a particularly epic game's highlights in the future is pretty cool.

psuexv
06-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Have to admit I would love this; MLB 11 The Show does basically what you describe here where the end-of-game highlight reel--which can often be 10-12 plays based on how the game transpired--is available to save to the Media part of the XMB once you're done watching it. I don't believe that you can share the highlight reel after that, but having the ability to save it to the console's HD and watch a particularly epic game's highlights in the future is pretty cool.

Completely agree, with so many people recording games with Haupauges and such I would definitely say there is a desire out there for features like this. I know EA probably doesn't want to deal with the space issues of storing hundreds of thousands of highlight reels but they could make it easier to upload them to other sites like You Tube instead of now saving the highlight, uploading it to EA, downloading it to your computer and then uploading it or doing what you want with it.

Rudy
06-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Most people that play this game have a hard drive and that includes every PS3 user. Just use the freaking hard drive or have an option to not use it if you don't like replays piling up. I'd love to be able to save a highlight reel at the end of a game.

JeffHCross
06-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Most people that play this game have a hard drive and that includes every PS3 user. Just use the freaking hard drive or have an option to not use it if you don't like replays piling up. I'd love to be able to save a highlight reel at the end of a game.True, but it's my general understanding that consoles don't have the same type of "write to disc"/pagefile/"virtual memory" ability that you average Windows PC does. My understanding has been, though I could be wrong, that console games are only able to address the RAM space that each console has. And since that's a whopping 256 MB for the PS3 ...

EDJ
06-22-2011, 10:58 PM
True, but it's my general understanding that consoles don't have the same type of "write to disc"/pagefile/"virtual memory" ability that you average Windows PC does. My understanding has been, though I could be wrong, that console games are only able to address the RAM space that each console has. And since that's a whopping 256 MB for the PS3 ...

Two posts up...Paakaa kinda counters you. ;)

Rudy
06-23-2011, 05:02 AM
It's the same thing with PS3 replays getting cut off last year. I'm tired of the excuses really. When you look at what the Show dev team does in terms of replay lengths (saves them all to a vault which you can save at the end of the game in addition to compiling a highlight reel) there aren't a lot of excuses. I know they only develop for the PS3 and not the 360 so they make the code work. You can really see the difference when a team dedicates the code to one piece of hardware.

psuexv
06-23-2011, 09:18 AM
NHL does kind of the same thing. After each intermission you get a pretty long scene of that period's highlights. They don't give you the ability to save or edit it but it's still there.

baseballplyrmvp
06-23-2011, 09:21 AM

please tell me you have a larger size of this pic?

JBHuskers
06-23-2011, 09:52 AM
please tell me you have a larger size of this pic?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114694/quotes?qt=qt0533892

ram29jackson
06-23-2011, 03:42 PM
I dont know what you guys are all excited about ..? typical American women that will become chubby 2 weeks into the marriage...

psuexv
06-23-2011, 03:44 PM
I dont know what you guys are all excited about ..? typical American women that will become chubby 2 weeks into the marriage...

Not if you work it off of them using 4 letter words... cook, dust, wash......

JBHuskers
06-23-2011, 03:52 PM

:D :D :D :D

http://allthingsignant.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/slap.gif

ram29jackson
06-23-2011, 05:27 PM

theres plenty of fat women who do that

baseballplyrmvp
06-23-2011, 07:53 PM
theres plenty of fat women who do that

ya but fat women arent http://www.w54.biz/images/smilies/iconsex-poundit.gif material.....at least for me. :D

Kansacity88
06-24-2011, 01:22 AM

Some call it chubby.....others call it "thick"

ram29jackson
06-24-2011, 01:23 AM
Some call it chubby.....others call it "thick"

I was just trying to avoid the really bad term

Kansacity88
06-24-2011, 01:30 AM
I was just trying to avoid the really bad term

Ha! I got ya! Understood!

JBHuskers
06-24-2011, 01:31 AM
#winning :D :D :D