PDA

View Full Version : The Apps Thread

psuexv
06-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Since a lot of peeps sound like they have smartphones or are getting them, might as well have a place to suggest some apps

psuexv
06-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Crackle is pretty cool - Free movie and TV shows... the list is limited but it keeps growing.

And JB said you can get Crackle on your Roku

psuexv
06-16-2011, 03:53 PM
And of course TapaTalk $2.99 I believe but totally worth it to read TGT very easily.

psuexv
06-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Netflix - Free

JBHuskers
06-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Netflix - Free

Is that new? The official Netflix?

psuexv
06-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Is that new? The official Netflix?

It's been out for awhile... but I'm not sure if it's on Android or not yet. It's awesome, you can view your instant queue and watch anywhere.

psuexv
06-16-2011, 04:07 PM
It's pretty streamlined too ...

http://tapatalk.com/mu/4a5e2902-7079-c6e6.jpg

JBHuskers
06-16-2011, 04:21 PM
It's been out for awhile... but I'm not sure if it's on Android or not yet. It's awesome, you can view your instant queue and watch anywhere.

New to Droid I bet....I had never noticied it, had been using NetQ

JBHuskers
06-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Amazon's free app of the day is a great one...PEGGLE!

steelerfan
06-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Amazon's free app of the day is a great one...PEGGLE!

I have no idea wtf this is, but I'm getting it. If nothing else, being from PopCap Games, I'm sure my daughter will like it.

psuexv
06-21-2011, 12:14 PM
I don't have HBO, but I heard the HBO Go is pretty sweet.

JBHuskers
06-21-2011, 12:21 PM
I have no idea wtf this is, but I'm getting it. If nothing else, being from PopCap Games, I'm sure my daughter will like it.

It's a combination of Plinko from the Price is Right and a puzzle game....it's addictive.

psuexv
06-21-2011, 12:26 PM
It's a combination of Plinko from the Price is Right and a puzzle game....it's addictive.

Man, I love Plinko.... I hope there's an iPhone version, checking now.

Edit - $2.99... no thanks

steelerfan
06-21-2011, 12:35 PM

OK, just played. Yeah, it's worth $0.00.

JBHuskers
06-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Man, I love Plinko.... I hope there's an iPhone version, checking now.

Edit - $2.99... no thanks

Everything iPhone doesn't....free paid app every day by Amazon ;)

psuexv
06-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Everything iPhone doesn't....free paid app every day by Amazon ;)

yeah but I was watching movies through Netflix and Touting way before you even dreamed you could :D

steelerfan
06-21-2011, 01:05 PM
free paid app every day by Amazon ;)

And thanks for clueing me in to this, JB. I've only had my Infuse for about 10 days, but I've already taken advantage of getting 3 or 4 free paid apps this way.

Amazon must be happy with my new phone too, lol. Prior to getting it I had made a grand total of 1 purchase from Amazon. Since getting it, I've made 5, I believe, lol.

psuexv
06-21-2011, 01:06 PM
And thanks for clueing me in to this, JB. I've only had my Infuse for about 10 days, but I've already taken advantage of getting 3 or 4 free paid apps this way.

Amazon must be happy with my new phone too, lol. Prior to getting it I had made a grand total of 1 purchase from Amazon. Since getting it, I've made 5, I believe, lol.

And be sure you use the TGT link.....

steelerfan
06-21-2011, 01:11 PM
And be sure you use the TGT link.....

:o

I only did that once, when I bought LA Noire.

The other purchases I made were through the Amazon App. :easy:

Is the TGT link stickied somewhere?

psuexv
06-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Is the TGT link stickied somewhere?

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2007-Buying-games-from-Amazon-Use-this-link

steelerfan
06-21-2011, 01:20 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2007-Buying-games-from-Amazon-Use-this-link

OK, thanks. Now that I see what path to take from Tapatalk to the TGT Amazon search link, that's what I'll do.

JBHuskers
06-21-2011, 01:21 PM
yeah but I was watching movies through Netflix and Touting way before you even dreamed you could :D

Something I really don't care about in the first place..... :D I just want to access my queue on my phone...not stream.

JBHuskers
06-21-2011, 01:22 PM
If you're purchasing through the app, I dunno if TGT gets credit regardless of what you do....through the website...then yes if you use the link.

steelerfan
06-21-2011, 01:28 PM
If you're purchasing through the app, I dunno if TGT gets credit regardless of what you do....through the website...then yes if you use the link.

Right, but I know where the link is now, so I can use Tapatalk to get to the link page, click on the Support TGT page from there, and then use the search link provided on that page. It's a PITA over using the "one-button purchasing" (or whatever it's called) in the Amazon App, but it's my duty to support TGT. ;)

JBHuskers
06-22-2011, 09:46 AM
The Amazon free app of the day is Executive Assistant...that was an instant delete after I installed it. What a worthless program. And normally they charge SEVEN BUCKS for that? :D

morsdraconis
06-22-2011, 02:13 PM
The Amazon free app of the day is Executive Assistant...that was an instant delete after I installed it. What a worthless program. And normally they charge SEVEN BUCKS for that? :D

And probably make a killing off of it because some dumb ass company actually uses it and therefore makes their employees download and use it (after paying for every one of them to download it).

JBHuskers
06-22-2011, 02:33 PM
And probably make a killing off of it because some dumb ass company actually uses it and therefore makes their employees download and use it (after paying for every one of them to download it).

:nod:

JBHuskers
07-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Just got Cut The Rope. Very fun game.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

psuexv
07-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Mapquest4 is pretty cool. Turn by turn directions are very good

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 01:37 PM
The My Touchtunes app for Android is awesome, I played I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred as I walked out the door of the bar to go to the Dropkick Murphys show last night :D it's amazing how fast the app is. While the jukebox wasn't running, I played a Dropkick song and within 3 seconds it was playing.

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Oh hell yeah!

Cross-platform Scrabble coming to Android next week, for free. (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/07/origin-coming-to-ipad-iphone-and-android-cross-platform-scrabb/)

gschwendt
07-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Oh hell yeah!

Cross-platform Scrabble coming to Android next week, for free. (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/07/origin-coming-to-ipad-iphone-and-android-cross-platform-scrabb/)Old news... it was shown at the EA Summer Showcase.

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Old news... it was shown at the EA Summer Showcase.

Well it's not THAT old of news, and it's still kickass news. Droid phones have needed an official Scrabble game!

gschwendt
07-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Well it's not THAT old of news, and it's still kickass news. Droid phones have needed an official Scrabble game!
Haha... I know, was kidding. I watched it yesterday and it looked like pretty cool tech, just not my cup of tea. Though now they need to bring cross-platform to NCAA between 360 & PS3!

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Haha... I know, was kidding. I watched it yesterday and it looked like pretty cool tech, just not my cup of tea. Though now they need to bring cross-platform to NCAA between 360 & PS3!

Cross-platform I don't really care, but official Scrabble + free = a happy JB.

psusnoop
07-08-2011, 06:12 PM

Cross platform would be sweet.

I play words with friends with my parents who have Droids and they have a blast. Now my parents are 64 so teaching them anything on a smart phone has been a huge battle. I still get calls at 9 or 10pm about stupid shit all the time.

JBHuskers
07-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Cross platform would be sweet.

I play words with friends with my parents who have Droids and they have a blast. Now my parents are 64 so teaching them anything on a smart phone has been a huge battle. I still get calls at 9 or 10pm about stupid shit all the time.

I'm a big sucker for regular authentic Scrabble, so I'm stoked about this.

Kingpin32
07-08-2011, 06:46 PM
I need to enhance my vocabulary lol. I'll be playing some Scrabble next week.

psusnoop
07-08-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm a big sucker for regular authentic Scrabble, so I'm stoked about this.

My parents will want this as well. I usually have them come over to my place so I can use my wireless because they refuse to get it. I've quit trying to understand them. I try to explain to them things but I just get a blank stare or a why look, I swear I'm talking to my daughter at times with them. :D:D

JBHuskers
07-11-2011, 11:31 PM
The free Scrabble app is in the Android Marketplace now! If anybody wants to challenge let me know!

ebarws6
07-12-2011, 02:04 AM
You guys should check out "Zed's Alchemy" (it's free!). Basically you start with four basic materials (air, water, fire, earth), and you drag them onto each other to create new materials. The whole point of the game is to keep combining all the stuff you have created to find all the possible combinations. As of right now, there are 380 different things you can make. For example: Drag air onto earth and you get dust. Add fire to dust and you get gunpowder. Add more fire to the gunpowder and you get an explosion and smoke. It can pretty much go on and on. I've only toyed with it for about a week now, and I;ve gotten 87/380 "elements" as they are officially called. Great simple mind game.

hawkeyeguy
07-12-2011, 09:25 AM
SportsTap (perfect for scoreboards and real time updates)
WeatherBug (love the radar and how it tells you what the temp is wherever you are at that moment)
LiveProfile (pretty good chat program)
TweetCaster (best way to read Twitter)

JBHuskers
07-12-2011, 02:02 PM
You guys should check out "Zed's Alchemy" (it's free!). Basically you start with four basic materials (air, water, fire, earth), and you drag them onto each other to create new materials. The whole point of the game is to keep combining all the stuff you have created to find all the possible combinations. As of right now, there are 380 different things you can make. For example: Drag air onto earth and you get dust. Add fire to dust and you get gunpowder. Add more fire to the gunpowder and you get an explosion and smoke. It can pretty much go on and on. I've only toyed with it for about a week now, and I;ve gotten 87/380 "elements" as they are officially called. Great simple mind game.

I have that game...it's pretty sweet.

JBHuskers
07-20-2011, 03:21 PM
The Amazon App Store has dropped the price of Soundhound (an app that tells you what song is playing) from $4.99 to $1.99.

gschwendt
07-20-2011, 03:33 PM
The Amazon App Store has dropped the price of Soundhound (an app that tells you what song is playing) from $4.99 to $1.99.
Umm... fairly sure I got that app for free from the Android market.

JBHuskers
07-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Umm... fairly sure I got that app for free from the Android market.

The free version only allows for a certain number of tags....the full version was the very first free app in the Amazon Android App Store, but I didn't download the program until a week in or so.

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Today's free app on Amazon App Store is a good one.....how do I know? I bought it yesterday :fp: talk about timing.

After trying various keyboard apps, this one that is free today, SwiftKey X is really good.

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Now that's funny. :D

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Now that's funny. :D

No shit, right? I had just installed the latest version of the Liberty ROM on my phone Tuesday and I was previously using the free version of the Swift Key keyboard...but the paid version can sync up with Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, and etc to help predict text, and the keyboard layout with the symbols is the best one that I have seen, so I went and paid for SwiftKey X YESTERDAY :D that is some coincidence.

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2011, 09:35 AM
No shit, right? I had just installed the latest version of the Liberty ROM on my phone Tuesday and I was previously using the free version of the Swift Key keyboard...but the paid version can sync up with Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, and etc to help predict text, and the keyboard layout with the symbols is the best one that I have seen, so I went and paid for SwiftKey X YESTERDAY :D that is some coincidence.

Yeah, I've had that happen to me when buying random stuff in stores. I'll buy it at full, or slightly discounted price, and then the very next day, it's 50% off or 75% in some random sale or something. Could have saved a lot. :fp:

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Yeah, I've had that happen to me when buying random stuff in stores. I'll buy it at full, or slightly discounted price, and then the very next day, it's 50% off or 75% in some random sale or something. Could have saved a lot. :fp:

Yeah I haven't had it happen to me TOO much, and I honestly don't mind. It's well worth the $4 I spent even though it's free today.

psuexv
07-21-2011, 10:45 AM

How is this different than Shazam?

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 10:49 AM
How is this different than Shazam?

Supposedly it's better. I figured for $2 what the hell.

steelerfan
08-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Old Time Radio is fucking cool, lol. It's free in the Amazon App Store.

It had hundreds of old radio shows. Gunsmoke, Superman etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
08-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Facebook Messenger just came out....QR code is in the article:

http://www.androidcentral.com/android-get-dedicated-facebook-messenger?utm_source=ac&utm_medium=twitter

JBHuskers
08-18-2011, 12:07 PM
Tapatalk is on sale in the Android Amazon App Store for $1.99 if haven't picked it up yet, it's great for viewing TGT on your phone.

psusnoop
08-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Tapatalk is on sale in the Android Amazon App Store for $1.99 if haven't picked it up yet, it's great for viewing TGT on your phone.

I paid $2.99 for mine and it's great! Sorry I waited so long to do it :smh:

psuexv
08-22-2011, 12:40 PM
EAMobile: TODAY ONLY! Get #TheSims3 World Adventures, for FREE on the App Store. http://bit.ly/gcG8jQ

JBHuskers
08-22-2011, 12:45 PM
EAMobile: TODAY ONLY! Get #TheSims3 World Adventures, for FREE on the App Store. http://bit.ly/gcG8jQ

Apple. Ghey.

psuexv
08-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Apple. Ghey.

Now that's a shame.... sorry about your luck

psusnoop
08-22-2011, 12:53 PM

Sweet, thanks :+1:

morsdraconis
08-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Pfft, antiquated technology that's only "pretty" but slow as fuckin' molasses compared to the newer Android based phones. Apple continues to shit out the same Iphone from 3 years ago but with "new" features whereas Samsung comes out with a phone that's twice as powerful (in both processor and RAM) as the Iphone.

JBHuskers
08-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Apple. Still ghey. :D

psusnoop
08-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Apple. Still ghey. :D

LOL, Jealous :nod: :D:D

morsdraconis
08-22-2011, 03:37 PM
The only thing that the Iphone 4 has going for it over the Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II is the screen size. That is literally the other thing better about it. The Galaxy S II kicks it's ass in every other area (including price, even though it's a new phone that's just now coming out compared to the Iphone 4 which has been out for a full year).

psuexv
09-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Tiger Woods 12 is free for the iPhone today :nod:

psuexv
09-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Also MLB at bat 11 is free on Amazon today for Android

JBHuskers
09-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Also MLB at bat 11 is free on Amazon today for Android

:nod: I got it...too bad the season ends Wednesday :D

psuexv
09-23-2011, 11:50 AM
:nod: I got it...too bad the season ends Wednesday :D

Yeah but you'll have it for the most important part of baseball... October :up:

JBHuskers
09-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Yeah but you'll have it for the most important part of baseball... October :up:

Will it work for the playoffs in terms of viewing games?

psuexv
09-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Will it work for the playoffs in terms of viewing games?

Not sure

http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b/ref=sa_menu_adr_app4?ie=UTF8&node=2350149011

JBHuskers
09-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Cut The Rope is today's free Amazon App. That's a fun game. I've had it for a while.

steelerfan
10-20-2011, 11:08 AM
The NHL GameCenter App is out. Not sure when it dropped, but it wasn't out on Opening Night.

It looks like there are 3 levels. A free level which, I suppose, gives you scores, schedules, and news. A Premium Level ($19.99, I think) which adds in live game audio, video highlights and condensed games. And then the GameCenter Live subscriber level which adds the ability to watch live games.

So, now that I can watch live games on my phone, no more waiting for the Pens game to finish to hit the bars. :nod: :sf:

JBHuskers
10-20-2011, 11:10 AM
The NHL GameCenter App is out. Not sure when it dropped, but it wasn't out on Opening Night.

It looks like there are 3 levels. A free level which, I suppose, gives you scores, schedules, and news. A Premium Level ($19.99, I think) which adds in live game audio, video highlights and condensed games. And then the GameCenter Live subscriber level which adds the ability to watch live games.

So, now that I can watch live games on my phone, no more waiting for the Pens game to finish to hit the bars. :nod: :sf:

FINALLY ... there were so many people bitching (rightfully so) about it not being out on opening night....

steelerfan
10-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I think it may have come out on the 13th (according to the Android Market). I just wasn't among those checking daily, lol. With the Pens playing tonight, and the possibility of :sf: I may give it a run this evening.

JBHuskers
10-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I think it may have come out on the 13th (according to the Android Market). I just wasn't among those checking daily, lol. With the Pens playing tonight, and the possibility of :sf: I may give it a run this evening.

Yeah I didn't even think about it since opening night.

gschwendt
11-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Duke Nukem 3D hits Android, explosions ensue

By (http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/01/duke-nukem-3d-hits-android-explosions-ensue/)Brian Heater (http://www.engadget.com/editor/brian-heater) http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/writer_rss.gif (http://www.engadget.com/editor/brian-heater/rss.xml) posted Nov 1st 2011 12:08PM

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/11/duke-nukem-3d-android-port-roof.jpg (http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/01/duke-nukem-3d-hits-android-explosions-ensue/)

As promised (http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/13/duke-nukem-3d-is-coming-to-android-old-rope-shares-soar/), our favorite cigar smoking, wise cracking first-person protagonist has hit the Android Market, and it didn't even take 15 years (http://www.engadget.com/tag/duke+nukem+forever/). The mobile version of the classic FPS is available now for Android 1.6 and up (that's according to the Market listing -- its producers recommend 2.1 and up), courtesy of Tapjoy and Machineworks Northwest as a $0.99 download. And don't worry, there's plenty of Duke to go around.

JBHuskers
11-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Oh nice!

steelerfan
11-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Just to update, the NHL GameCenter App works great. Games stream very nicely and I have no complaints whatsoever with watching on my phone (Samsung Infuse).

JBHuskers
11-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Good freebie today for the Amazon Android App store....Bejeweled 2

JBHuskers
11-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Good freebie today for the Amazon Android App store....Bejeweled 2

Great app for the shitter, just tested it out. :up:

skipwondah33
11-16-2011, 02:30 PM
I need to pay attention to this thread more often.

psuexv
11-16-2011, 03:03 PM
I need to pay attention to this thread more often.

yeah we all need to know what JB is doing on the shitter :fp:

JBHuskers
11-16-2011, 03:03 PM
yeah we all need to know what JB is doing on the shitter :fp:

:nod:

SmoothPancakes
11-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Meh, I just stick to reading the newspaper whenever I'm on the shitter. In fact, pretty much the ONLY time I read the newspaper is when I'm on the shitter.

morsdraconis
11-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Meh, I just stick to reading the newspaper whenever I'm on the shitter. In fact, pretty much the ONLY time I read the newspaper is when I'm on the shitter.

I read a book. It's a very enjoyable way to spend my time as it allows me time to read a book (which, normally, in my electronic ruled life, isn't going to happen) when I normally wouldn't because I'm distracted by too much other stuff.

psuexv
11-23-2011, 02:06 PM
TGI Black Friday
https://market.android.com/details?id=dealcatcher.blackfriday&hl=en

steelerfan
11-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Among other new features, TapaTalk now has multi-quoting. :))

psuexv
11-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Among other new features, TapaTalk now has multi-quoting. :))

:+1:

JBHuskers
12-09-2011, 11:05 AM
In the Amazon Android App Store, Tetris is $0.10

gschwendt
12-22-2011, 06:50 PM
GTA 3 is now $3 (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rockstar.gta3&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5yb 2Nrc3Rhci5ndGEzIl0.)

steelerfan
02-04-2012, 02:21 AM
So my phone came with a 5-pin to HDMI converter for playing your pictures and video on a TV. I've wondered for awhile if NHL Gamecenter would work this way. I finally checked, and it does.

I talked to one of my local frosty adult beverage establishments' owner a few months ago, and he had no problem with letting me connect my phone to one of his TVs to watch hockey while I'm there.

So now, I will be able to connect my phone to a bar TV to watch my Penguins when I am there, instead of watching on my phone. :))

SmoothPancakes
02-04-2012, 02:35 AM
That's actually pretty sweet.

steelerfan
02-04-2012, 02:59 AM
That's actually pretty sweet.

Yeah, it is. It doesn't output sound, but that's not an issue at the bar because it's unlikely I'd ever get that privilege with a regular season hockey game anyway.

However the lack of sound is a disappointment if I ever wanted to watch a game at a friend's house. The one with the kegerator, for example. ;)

SmoothPancakes
02-04-2012, 03:11 AM
Yeah, it is. It doesn't output sound, but that's not an issue at the bar because it's unlikely I'd ever get that privilege with a regular season hockey game anyway.

However the lack of sound is a disappointment if I ever wanted to watch a game at a friend's house. The one with the kegerator, for example. ;)

Yeah, at the bar, it'd be hard to hear the audio over the phone, and you'd never get them to put the audio on over the bar sound system, so no loss there. It would be an issue at the friend's house though. Not sure what you could do about that one.

steelerfan
02-04-2012, 03:18 AM
Yeah, at the bar, it'd be hard to hear the audio over the phone, and you'd never get them to put the audio on over the bar sound system, so no loss there. It would be an issue at the friend's house though. Not sure what you could do about that one.

On the right night, I have been able to get them to put the sound on for a Penguins game. But that is because the majority of their games start at 6 here.

Overall though, I'm happy enough that it works at all. Sound isn't that big of a deal because I've been watching games on my phone and I can't hear over whatever is going on around me anyway.

steelerfan
02-04-2012, 03:20 AM
Also, one of the bartenders is a Red Wings fan, so I can start trading the ability to watch Detroit games for beer. :nod:

SmoothPancakes
02-04-2012, 04:05 AM
Also, one of the bartenders is a Red Wings fan, so I can start trading the ability to watch Detroit games for beer. :nod:

Even better! :D

psusnoop
02-04-2012, 09:54 AM

Now that is #winning if I ever saw it :up:

gschwendt
02-14-2012, 11:40 AM
If you don't already have it, you can get Tapatalk for free
http://dealnews.com/Tapatalk-for-Android-for-free/549640.html

steelerfan
02-14-2012, 12:45 PM
If you don't already have it, you can get Tapatalk for free
http://dealnews.com/Tapatalk-for-Android-for-free/549640.html

Anyone who doesn't have it, should be all over this. :up:

psuexv
02-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Anyone who doesn't have it, should be all over this. :up:

Absolutely. It was well worth the $3.99 but free :easy:

DariusLock
02-21-2012, 04:43 PM
what is it?

JBHuskers
02-21-2012, 05:04 PM
what is it?

A forum program for smartphones. A good one.

psuexv
03-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Draw Something is pretty cool. psuexv if anyone wants to play.

gschwendt
03-15-2012, 02:17 PM
The Amazon Android app store is celebrating a 1 year anniversary with sales all week...

Today Trials Xtreme 2 is free (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007BDK3SS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=thegamtai-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007BDK3SS)

JBHuskers
04-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Looks like Tapatalk has been updated to 2.0. That explains the 2 next to Steelerfans Tapatalk icon earlier :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

steelerfan
04-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Looks like Tapatalk has been updated to 2.0. That explains the 2 next to Steelerfans Tapatalk icon earlier :D

Yeah, mine updated Monday night. The look is different, but so far I haven't noticed any changes in functionality. :dunno:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

psuexv
04-11-2012, 09:23 AM
JB needs this app

You have restaurant reviews, park reviews, mall reviews and whatnot so why not toilet reviews? While it may sound somewhat perverse, Pottys involves users checking into their favorite lavatory Foursquare style and rating them, sharing their findings with a large community of Pottys users.

By default, Pottys showcases the best toilets ranked in the world. Each tab shows the name of the place, the exact address, the ratings (Yes, even toilets deserve ratings), as well as how far you are from said toilet. Upon tapping of any tab, greater details are shown. These include the exact rating for features like lighting, as well as amenities such as condoms! For some reviews, photos are also included though they can be quite disturbing and not for the faint hearted.

I liked the simplistic presentation style of the app. Pottys presents details in an easy to navigate list where users can just scroll through and selected whatever catches their eye.

There is even a tab for social networking, whereby feeds from registered friends and other users worldwide appear with their latest check ins which can at times be quite disturbing.

Much like Foursqure, users are rewarded for uploading reviews of toilets they come across. These include badges and points, complete with a leaderboard of top scorers. Of course, the more reviews one makes, the more points and badges he or she will earn. User profiles are even customizable, downright to profile pictures.

However, uploading of reviews through is something that needs to be worked on. The app automatically produces a list based on the current location of the user, however not all loos have been documented so it can really be a real pain at times.

Privacy fanatics will abhor this app, for checking into toilets is something that is really not very often heard of.

However, for a free app, Pottys is worth the download. Though it may not be extremely addictive, it will still provide some form of mild entertainment for really bored people.

psuexv
04-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Yeah, mine updated Monday night. The look is different, but so far I haven't noticed any changes in functionality. :dunno:

Oh man, there's a twitter integration that allows you to tweet every post you make. JB's whoring will reach an all new level :smh:

steelerfan
04-11-2012, 09:43 AM
JB will quickly become the Mayor of the All-State toilet. :nod:

JBHuskers
04-11-2012, 11:13 AM
JB will quickly become the Mayor of the All-State toilet. :nod:

Who's to say I'm not already?

JBHuskers
04-11-2012, 11:15 AM

Images show up different. But that's all I have noticed.

JBHuskers
04-11-2012, 11:17 AM
GIFs don't work yet though.

I OU a Beatn
04-11-2012, 01:00 PM
I wish they would put the iOS Tapatalk on sale. $4.99 for THAT is just ridiculous to me.

psuexv
04-11-2012, 01:02 PM
I wish they would put the iOS Tapatalk on sale. $4.99 for THAT is just ridiculous to me.

It's only $2.99 http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-forum-app/id307880732?mt=8

I OU a Beatn
04-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Not for the iPad version. Actually, looking at it again, it says both of them are compatible with the iPad but only one is HD. I guess the HD one is for the new iPad, which is what I have. I wonder if the $2.99 one would be full screen?

psuexv
04-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Not for the iPad version. Actually, looking at it again, it says both of them are compatible with the iPad but only one is HD. I guess the HD one is for the new iPad, which is what I have. I wonder if the $2.99 one would be full screen?

The HD one was out before the new iPad, I'm almost positive. If you get the $2.99 one it's an actually iPad app not an iPhone full screen one.

psuexv
04-11-2012, 01:11 PM

In that iTunes link I sent you can change the photos to see what it looks like on the iPad.

I OU a Beatn
04-11-2012, 01:16 PM
In that iTunes link I sent you can change the photos to see what it looks like on the iPad.

Ha, you're right. Judging by the screenshots, it does run full screen on he iPad. I officially do not know what the difference is then. :D

psuexv
04-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Ha, you're right. Judging by the screenshots, it does run full screen on he iPad. I officially do not know what the difference is then. :D

I was kind of confused when I first saw the HD version one too.

I OU a Beatn
04-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Apparently the regular one will run just fine on all versions of the iPad along with the iPhone and iPod. The HD one is just a redesigned version that is only available on the iPad. I do like the interface better on the HD version but there's a ton of complaints about crashing, so I think I'll wait until they patch it a few times.

I OU a Beatn
04-16-2012, 10:43 AM
EA Battlelog was released today for the iPhone and is free. Make an iPad one, EA!

psusnoop
04-17-2012, 10:12 AM
Saw that today too, downloading now :up:

Thanks IOU

JBHuskers
07-03-2012, 09:57 AM
If you're a mahjong fan, the Amazon free Android app today is 4th of July Mahjong.

JBHuskers
08-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Great new app for Droid called iSlick.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.islickapp.pro&feature=nav_result#?t=W10.

You can set it up to send you a notification once a new deal is posted on SlickDeals.

To set this up, you go to the Watch tab, then add Frontpage Deals to it.

JBHuskers
10-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Tapatalk has updated to version 2.4.1 which includes working GIFs! I've yet to test it out yet though.

JBHuskers
10-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Tapatalk has updated to version 2.4.1 which includes working GIFs! I've yet to test it out yet though.

Hmmmmm not working for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

psuexv
10-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Hmmmmm not working for me.

Ditto.

JBHuskers
10-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Liars!!!

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/Screenshot_2012-10-29-11-23-27.png

JBHuskers
10-30-2012, 11:25 AM
What browser do you guys use? Tried Chrome, but it's slow. It's new and just got out of beta so they just need to work the bugs out. Trying Dolphin and liking it so far.

steelerfan
10-30-2012, 01:05 PM
What browser do you guys use? Tried Chrome, but it's slow. It's new and just got out of beta so they just need to work the bugs out. Trying Dolphin and liking it so far.

Whatever the standard one is. I haven't seen the need for a different one.

psusnoop
10-30-2012, 02:07 PM
wrong thead :)

JBHuskers
10-30-2012, 02:32 PM
wrong thead :)

Ummm no, I'm talking about browsers for your phone :fp:

psusnoop
10-30-2012, 04:26 PM
Ummm no, I'm talking about browsers for your phone :fp:

Oh after re-read that stuff I thought u were asking about a Droid question on browsers. My bad.

JBHuskers
10-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Oh after re-read that stuff I thought u were asking about a Droid question on browsers. My bad.

Ram?

JBHuskers
04-07-2013, 04:56 AM
Slickdeals finally has their Android app out. Another great app is AppDialer Pro. When you open it up, a T9 keypad shows up, and you can do a search for apps installed on your phone. Very handy if you have a lot of apps installed.

LeeSO
04-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Fancred is one of my most used apps. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffancred.com%2F&ei=sbV4UabvFYrY9ATU0ICIDg&usg=AFQjCNFRB2Sj4IKna7g4IEH7jGQuuOzWOQ&sig2=fL9HlpLJdV5p6YqiIy_2Kw&bvm=bv.45645796,d.eWU

I OU a Beatn
05-22-2013, 10:14 PM
For you Android users, how is the Tapatalk app? I never did get around to try it extensively on iOS and I've been using the browser on my phone the past several weeks, which is a huge pain in the ass.

gschwendt
05-22-2013, 10:29 PM
For you Android users, how is the Tapatalk app? I never did get around to try it extensively on iOS and I've been using the browser on my phone the past several weeks, which is a huge pain in the ass.
Definitely the way to go... The Arkansas State fan board moved to scout recently and since they don't support tapatalk, I've all but stopped going to it unless I'm at a computer.

steelerfan
05-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Definitely the way to go... The Arkansas State fan board moved to scout recently and since they don't support tapatalk, I've all but stopped going to it unless I'm at a computer.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

steelerfan
12-15-2014, 04:04 PM
The Tapatalk update SUCKS!

I can't find a way to Browse the forums anymore. :down:

I #TrustTheScript

souljahbill
12-15-2014, 04:55 PM

I #TrustTheScript

LOL! Well, it did have my pic upside-down a few weeks ago even though it was right-side up in my pics and through the app.

SmoothPancakes
12-15-2014, 06:22 PM

I #TrustTheScript

Yeah, I saw a LOT of people leaving 1-star reviews on the Play Store after the update, saying that it made things worse for browsing. I've intentionally avoided updating the app on my phone for that very reason. I'll stick with the previous version for now.

steelerfan
12-15-2014, 07:16 PM
Yeah, mine auto-updated last night. :(

I #TrustTheScript

steelerfan
12-15-2014, 07:41 PM
Let them know what I think. :)

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/15/9d59841bc1eed5d7b5726165da089beb.jpg

I #TrustTheScript

SmoothPancakes
12-15-2014, 07:49 PM
:D :D :D

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I #TrustTheScript

souljahbill
12-15-2014, 08:28 PM
*spit take*

psusnoop
12-15-2014, 08:46 PM
Lmfao

JeffHCross
12-16-2014, 07:44 AM
I still browse the forum through my browser. Just can't get accustomed to Tapatalk.

gschwendt
12-17-2014, 04:13 PM

I #TrustTheScript
If you click the name of the forum at the top (next to the Tapatalk icon), you can choose to browse from there.

The layout is still a bit bulky/clunky though.

CLW
12-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Let them know what I think. :)

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/15/9d59841bc1eed5d7b5726165da089beb.jpg

I #TrustTheScript

I hereby OFFICIALLY nominate this as POST OF THE CENTURY!

steelerfan
12-18-2014, 02:55 AM
If you click the name of the forum at the top (next to the Tapatalk icon), you can choose to browse from there.

The layout is still a bit bulky/clunky though.
Thank you, brother.

You're right, it's clunky. But at least it's not gone. :up:

I #TrustTheScript

steelerfan
12-18-2014, 02:56 AM
I hereby OFFICIALLY nominate this as POST OF THE CENTURY!
Officially? :fp: :D

It's only 2014, give me time. I will come up with better. :nod:

I #TrustTheScript

JBHuskers
12-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Until I hear here that it is better, I'll continue to cancel the update when I update all my apps at once.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.

SmoothPancakes
12-18-2014, 04:15 PM
Yep, I just continually skip over Tapatalk when going through and updating apps.

gschwendt
12-18-2014, 04:22 PM
I was doing the same until I got a new phone yesterday. Like I said, the update is clunky and there are definitely things that are frustrating, but overall I can still navigate easily enough.

steelerfan
12-19-2014, 07:38 PM
I was doing the same until I got a new phone yesterday. Like I said, the update is clunky and there are definitely things that are frustrating, but overall I can still navigate easily enough.
Yes, the new UI is bad. But, it's workable since you pointed out how to Browse. Thanks, again.

I #TrustTheScript

psuexv
12-30-2014, 08:41 AM
The new iOS update is terrible. I now see what you guys were talking about. It makes it almost unusable

souljahbill
12-30-2014, 04:08 PM
They're adding more but they should take stuff away. Sometimes less really is more.

psuexv
12-30-2014, 04:11 PM
They're adding more but they should take stuff away. Sometimes less really is more.

Agreed. I don't think the layout is very user friendly either to easily read through the forums

JBHuskers
12-30-2014, 05:03 PM
I'm going to continue to ignore the update for as long as I can.

SmoothPancakes
12-30-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm going to continue to ignore the update for as long as I can.

souljahbill
12-30-2014, 06:14 PM
Now that I've tinkered with it, the new update is better than the last in terms of usability but it's still "too much." By trying to jazz-it-up, Tapatalk overly complicated the interface.

steelerfan
12-31-2014, 04:06 AM
Now that I've tinkered with it, the new update is better than the last in terms of usability but it's still "too much." By trying to jazz-it-up, Tapatalk overly complicated the interface.
I don't necessarily see it as better in any way but I do agree that it's too complicated now. I've gotten used to it now and can do what I need to do with it though.

I #TrustTheScript

JBHuskers
01-06-2015, 12:32 PM
When I update apps about every week or so, I check the most recent comments. As of today, they're still getting glowing reviews of suck, so I'll refrain from the update for now.

psuexv
01-06-2015, 04:13 PM
When I update apps about every week or so, I check the most recent comments. As of today, they're still getting glowing reviews of suck, so I'll refrain from the update for now.

I'm actually starting to get used to it and it's not terrible, I kinda see what they are going for. I don't like the fact that my "feed" comes up as the default. I wish it defaulted to what I was on last and I only follow one forum on their so it's not like I have a bunch to keep track of.

gschwendt
01-06-2015, 04:26 PM
I'm actually starting to get used to it and it's not terrible, I kinda see what they are going for. I don't like the fact that my "feed" comes up as the default. I wish it defaulted to what I was on last and I only follow one forum on their so it's not like I have a bunch to keep track of.
When you first open Tapatalk, click the gear in the upper right corner, then under Tab Behaviour, select Last Visited Tab. I have mine set to Profile and it shows the four forums that I visit.

psuexv
01-06-2015, 07:42 PM
When you first open Tapatalk, click the gear in the upper right corner, then under Tab Behaviour, select Last Visited Tab. I have mine set to Profile and it shows the four forums that I visit.

Has already tried that and currently have last visited selected but it still comes up with my feed first. It seems to be time related though. If I come back into Tapatalk relatively soon, within an hour or so it does go to the last visited. Extended periods of time its back to feed

JBHuskers
01-29-2015, 12:25 PM
I'm using an apk extractor program to save the current version of Tapatalk. Now gonna try the update and see if I can live with it.

JBHuskers
01-29-2015, 08:30 PM
Wow. Actually like the update so far.

souljahbill
01-29-2015, 09:18 PM
Feels the same to me

souljahbill
01-30-2015, 05:23 AM
Glad to see that it'll now stay in the last forum visited and not booting up on the main hub.

SmoothPancakes
01-30-2015, 04:54 PM
I still haven't updated Tapatalk on my phone. But as I want to try the updated Tapatalk to see if I can at least manage it or accept it, I installed Bluestacks on my laptop and downloaded Tapatalk. It's gonna take some screwing around to figure out where the hell everything is. Can't even find the damn forum list.

I'll stick with the old version on my phone for now, but I'll mess with the new version on my laptop.

#TheScriptIsDead

JBHuskers
02-02-2015, 01:16 PM
If you get that APK extractor app that I did, you can save the install file for that version of Tapatalk and try the new version. If you don't like, uninstall, then re-install from the APK

SmoothPancakes
02-02-2015, 02:00 PM
I got the new version on Bluestacks. Just trying to figure out where the hell everything has been moved to on the new version of Tapatalk. Until I learn all the changes and can actually get used to them on my laptop, I'll keep rolling with the old version on my phone. Then when I've got a hang of things and think it won't be a pain in the ass, I'll update on my phone.

#TheScriptIsDead

JBHuskers
02-02-2015, 03:13 PM
It didn't take me long at all to find my bearings with this forum when I got it. The key thing is the Browse is gone, and it's a dropdown at the top.

SmoothPancakes
02-02-2015, 03:14 PM
Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed, was Browse missing.

#TheScriptIsDead

JBHuskers
02-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed, was Browse missing.

#TheScriptIsDead

Works so much better when it's up top on the drop down.

SmoothPancakes
02-02-2015, 03:25 PM
Which APK program did you use? I did a search for them on the Play store, but with multiple showing up, wasn't sure which one to go with. I'll extract the current APK on my phone and try updating it. It doesn't seem too bad on Bluestacks, but it may seem different for me from laptop to phone.

JBHuskers
02-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Which APK program did you use? I did a search for them on the Play store, but with multiple showing up, wasn't sure which one to go with. I'll extract the current APK on my phone and try updating it. It doesn't seem too bad on Bluestacks, but it may seem different for me from laptop to phone.

APK Extractor, the logo has a green circle with the Android guy.

SmoothPancakes
02-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Alright, I just extracted the current Tapatalk I have installed. I'll go ahead and update here and see how things are on my phone.

#TheScriptIsDead

JBHuskers
02-02-2015, 09:59 PM
:up:

steelerfan
02-09-2015, 11:55 AM
There is another Tapatalk update. It was "based on feedback" so hopefully it's much improved. I just downloaded it so I guess I'll see what i think.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-09-2015, 12:03 PM
Right away, I'm liking that threads disappear from the "Unread" section as soon as you read them. When you hit the Back button, the thread is gone and you don't have to scroll past it anymore.

#TheScriptIsDead

JBHuskers
02-09-2015, 12:34 PM
There is another Tapatalk update. It was "based on feedback" so hopefully it's much improved. I just downloaded it so I guess I'll see what i think.

#TheScriptIsDead

Slightly different, but still fine IMO.

SmoothPancakes
02-09-2015, 02:51 PM
I do like you no longer have to refresh the Unread section. Much easier to get through unread threads with the app removing read threads.

One thing that's different is they changed fonts. It's definitely a different font than before.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-01-2015, 04:16 PM
There is yet another update for Tapatalk.

#TheScriptIsDead

psuexv
03-02-2015, 10:00 AM
There is yet another update for Tapatalk.

#TheScriptIsDead

Yeah not sure what they are doing.

steelerfan
03-02-2015, 07:32 PM
Yeah not sure what they are doing.
Neither are they.

#TheScriptIsDead