PDA

View Full Version : What feature are you looking forward to most in NCAA Football 12?

cdj
06-15-2011, 05:31 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAAFootball12logo.png

With all of the big features now known for the game, which one are you looking forward to most in NCAA Football 12 and why?

Coaching Carousel
Custom Playbooks
Custom Conferences
Enhanced Tackle & Collision System
Improved Zone Defenses
Road to Glory
Team Specific Traditions
Other (Please specify)

th3 last tiger
06-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Has to be custom playbooks. No longer do I have to mess around with spreadsheets and practice to get team specific plays, now I can get all of them that i want.

souljahbill
06-15-2011, 05:45 PM
I voted for Custom Playbooks in the tournament championship. It's the feature I've always wanted. Everything else is just gravy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gschwendt
06-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Accidentally voted for Custom Conferences, meant Custom Playbooks.

Deuce
06-15-2011, 06:57 PM
1) Improved Zone Defenses
2) Enhanced Tackle & Collision System
3) Custom Playbooks
4) Coaching Carousel

Does anyone know if they're going to release any TB info or have they already mentioned the updates...I know there is a few new stadiums but can't remember what else. Also, still hoping we get confirmation on "TB Roster Share"

psusnoop
06-15-2011, 07:26 PM
I went with Custom Playbooks.

For me it was custom pb, improved zone d, coaching carousel, enhanched tackle & collision system.

But to be honest for me I can see any of these being in the number one spot because these are all great additions to the game in their own right. :nod:

jaymo76
06-15-2011, 07:36 PM
To use... custom playbooks
Most interested in trying.... coaching carousel

Boucher
06-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Anything left to announce?

Unconquered
06-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Definitely custom playbooks. No more wasting days or even weeks poring over the playbooks to find one that's the closest match to the scheme I want to run.

JBHuskers
06-15-2011, 10:03 PM
I went Coaching Carousel because that will affect both offline and online dynasties for me...in a great great way.

SmoothPancakes
06-15-2011, 10:26 PM
I went Coaching Carousel because that will affect both offline and online dynasties for me...in a great great way.

Same here. Coaching Carousel is going to keep my dynasty fresh and constantly changing for a long time. For that reason, Custom Conferences is a very close second for me since, again, being able to control the entire world of college football conferences, it'll keep things very fresh for me in dynasty, being able to move consistently good teams up from lower conferences, and boot the annually bad teams from the major conferences out.

Custom playbooks, while a very great addition, for me is nothing more than a bonus. I've had no problems using Navy's playbook every year, no matter what team I was playing with, so while it's a welcome addition, it's down the list for me.

Road to Glory, extremely happy to see it getting improved and worked on, especially after all the fun I've had in NBA 2K11's My Player, and NHL 11's Be a Pro, but it's going to still be a mode that will get worked in and played around my dynasty(s), so it ranks behind Coaching Carousel and Custom Conferences.

Improved Zone Defenses and Enhanced Tackle & Collision System, both gameplay improvements that were very much needed, however, as it is a gameplay improvement, for me personally, it's something that should be worked on and improved on every year no matter what, regardless, so they both rank dead last for me.

Team Specific Traditions, another great addition, however, I probably, in the lifespan of my entire time with NCAA 12 (and past NCAA games) probably won't/haven't played with even 60 of the teams in NCAA (unless I played with them when going for the 34 bowl games achievement). So unless I end up coaching at a school due to Coaching Carousel that has these new team specific traditions (that weren't already in the game), I'll never know or see them, so it ranks 3rd from last for me.

Paakaa10
06-15-2011, 10:27 PM
Other: the "Holy Trinity" of 3D grass, bowl patches, and dreads!

:D

Just kidding. I went with Coaching Carousel because it adds a whole new layer to the Dynasty experience--both offline and Online--for people who are interested in playing out the career of a coach. Custom Playbooks is a big deal too--and the Enhanced Tackle & Collision System along with Improved Zone Defense really help on the field--but I think the Coaching Carousel is one of the bigger "wins" for this year's game.

ram29jackson
06-15-2011, 10:33 PM
other- I just want to put the game in the ps3 and play online

Jayrah
06-16-2011, 04:37 AM
I went with CC. PB's is gonna be nice to tweak exactly how I want them, but Carousel's gonna give an opportunity to the cpu to change it up and get better. It will also "change" the landscape a lot in dynasties which will be a welcomed change for me from the stagnant nature of the past.

To be honest....after that the aesthetics of the game are a close 3rd with PB's. I am an atmosphere guy and I love the "look" of the game. Stupid little things catch my attention and if they don't look quite real they bother me for a long time. Idk why...just something I've always had. 3d crowds and crowd noise are big for me this year.

Rudy
06-16-2011, 05:11 AM
Improved zone defence is what I voted but the tackle and collision system would probably be next. Custom playbooks will be nice.

psusnoop
06-16-2011, 07:58 AM

So your not interested in any of the new features or you just don't care about any of the new features because they will not add to your excitement of putting in a disk for NCAA 2012?

rhombic21
06-16-2011, 08:34 AM
I would say zone coverage, although I'm not sure that it's really fair to compare gameplay improvements with non-gameplay related features. Right now, the game is just set up so that you can't really play realistic defense, and improved zone coverage is a huge step in changing that. I think it could dramatically improve the playability of the game.

In terms of non-gameplay features, I would go with custom playbooks. It looks to have been executed very well, and it will remove a ton of the headaches that have been associated with trying to find that magical playbook that has all the plays/formations you like and none of the ones you don't. So nice to not have to spend any more time combing through speadsheets and search tools everytime you find that one new formation that you want to add to your playbook. And an extra bonus is that it also gives us the ability to create defensive playbooks, so now I can get rid of some of those sets I never use (5-2 and 46 Bear) and add other formations to give my defensive playbook a little more versatility.

Kwizzy
06-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Enhance Tackle & Collision system is and underrated feature here. It's understandable because you really have to play the game to appreciate the difference it has. I went with that but a close second for me would be the Improved Zone Defense. Really, anything gameplay related will always win out for me.

Pig Bomb
06-16-2011, 09:05 AM
l

iBrandon
06-16-2011, 11:42 AM
I went with Coaching Carousel, should be a lot of fun.

Question about coaching carousel. If I start as an offensive coordinator with say Baylor, can a higher prestige program offer me the same position or will the only offers I get be head coaching jobs?

steelerfan
06-16-2011, 11:49 AM
For me, it's the Carousel. I'm excited, to one degree or another, about all of these adds, but the Carousel will really make Dynasties dynamic and breathe so much life into them.

morsdraconis
06-16-2011, 12:26 PM
For me, it's the Carousel. I'm excited, to one degree or another, about all of these adds, but the Carousel will really make Dynasties dynamic and breathe so much life into them.

My exact reason for voting for the Carousel as well. Custom Playbooks is GREAT and so is Custom Conferences, but the Carousel is what's going to make me play NCAA '12 longer than I normally do.

Jayrah
06-16-2011, 12:55 PM
I can say this: there may be a different winner for each of us, and for different reasons, but you could truly make the argument that because of the quality of all additions (the way in which all were implemented, and the sheer depth of each item), there's really no wrong answer. Even with some issues 12 is going to be a solid title for EAs track record. Pretty excited to see them step up to the plate in back to back years and deliver a homerun feature list. I can't wait to see what they work with next year.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
06-16-2011, 01:08 PM
actually i voted custom playbooks... but i defer to a comment i made during the tournament...

"if coaching carousel makes it into the game, then custom playbooks will also"

so i look forward to custom playbooks the most probably as a coach, but i am thankful for coaching carousel to help prompt the need for all of the other stuff to implemented...

"E"

ram29jackson
06-16-2011, 01:57 PM

So your not interested in any of the new features or you just don't care about any of the new features because they will not add to your excitement of putting in a disk for NCAA 2012?

the feature i'm looking forward to most is playing online with others, all the other stuff will get boring fast, especially when just playing against AI as it always does.

skipwondah33
06-22-2011, 03:46 PM
The only features I ever look forward to are those that relate to gameplay like zone coverage or the tackle/collision system so I chose the tackle/collision system.

CrimsonBassn78
06-23-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm looking forward to all the new additions, probably more than any would be the defensive improvements so I voted that way. I can't wait to get this game and start playing...

Treadstone6700
06-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Interesting to see a donut for Road to Glory, looks like the die hards are dynasty all the way

beartide06
06-25-2011, 08:30 PM
In my opinion I am saying Coaching carousel. I voted it mainly because of the doors it will open in the future for more in depth areas surrounding this feature. For example this may open up the ability to have position coaches, training drills, and AD mode. Very exited about this addition.

michstarfish
06-27-2011, 01:10 PM
The options with Coaching Carousel have had me like this :drool: since I heard of its inclusion.

kindella2
06-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Coaching Carosel is really going to change Dynasty both On and offline. Now JoePa wont be at PSU forever and coaches and their offenses will be moving every where which means essentially that you wont play the same style team in year 10 that you played in year 2...very exciting and promising. I really cant wait.

Gotmadskillzson
06-27-2011, 01:31 PM
CPU AI.......If the CPU AI does dumb stuff, then all the rest isn't going to matter.

ram29jackson
06-27-2011, 06:25 PM
....just waiting now....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHOBw6XwqRo

MrDupree
06-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Custom playbooks. I dont have to spend hours looking for a playbook that fits my style anymore.

Agent AC27
07-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Road to Glory hands down!!!!! i haven't played dynasty in a while but it was my favorite mode before Road to Glory hit the scene. i'll probably give it another go this year......but only after i need a change from Road to Glory (which i don't see happening for a while). i plan to play full careers of HB, QB and MLB.

once JBHuskers drops the Road to Glory footage, i'll be stuck to my laptop like i'm watching a Mayweather or Paquiao fight.

Go Tarheels:North_Carolina: and Buckeyes:Ohio_State:

themoonisdown09
07-10-2011, 04:25 PM
I love playing Road to Glory, and with all the new enhancements to that this year, it looks like I'll love it even more.