PDA

View Full Version : Quitting Smoking - Give Me The Horror Stories

ram29jackson
06-15-2011, 02:05 PM
i'm in the middle of a 36 to 48 hour period of quitting smoking. I did just under a pack a day for the last few years and a little less than that for a few years before that.

seems wierd but I think i actually had the dizziness, loss of balance getting out of bed today, and vertigo..if this is normal, thats fine, but its freaking me out...

anyone else go through this?

souljahbill
06-15-2011, 04:09 PM
My dad stopped smoking cold turkey in September and hasn't touched a cigarette since. Good luck, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothingface
06-15-2011, 11:21 PM
Good luck. I quit yesterday but think i'll start up again. Ah fuck, that's not what you're looking for.

ram29jackson
06-16-2011, 12:49 AM
My dad stopped smoking cold turkey in September and hasn't touched a cigarette since. Good luck, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything about what he went through ? experienced?

ram29jackson
06-16-2011, 12:49 AM
Good luck. I quit yesterday but think i'll start up again. Ah fuck, that's not what you're looking for.

:) no dude, its not :)

steelerfan
06-16-2011, 01:36 AM
i actually had the dizziness, loss of balance getting out of bed today, and vertigo..anyone else go through this?

I have spells of that several times a week. Likely a result of being an eXtreme athlete*, in my case though.

*I consume unholy amounts of beer regularly

SmoothPancakes
06-16-2011, 02:22 AM
Good luck quitting fellas. One thing I am very thankful I never got into. Sure, I smoked one or two cigarettes in high school (hey, peer pressure's a bitch, besides, who hasn't smoked at least once in high school?), but I never got addicted to them. It is actually VERY difficult, if not impossible, for me to become addicted to something since I have never become addicted to anything, despite trying out a number of different addiction creating things.

The only stuff I do is drink (I love me some scotch, along with beer) and I like to smoke an occasional cigar now and then, though I haven't had a cigar in probably a year or so. If I were to ever for some reason start smoking more than a cigar every couple months or year, if anything I'd go the route of the pipe.

morsdraconis
06-16-2011, 07:53 AM
who hasn't smoked at least once in high school?

Actually, I've never smoked in my life. Not once. But, I grew up around my mom smoking every day and, apparently, it caused enough scar tissue in my lungs (I'm a walking example of second hand smoke) that, if I did, I'd probably die (granted, that was a good 15 years ago, so it's probably better now).

The only stuff I do is drink (I love me some scotch, along with beer)

You sound like me man. Scotch is, by far, my favorite alcohol now. It's cheap and it's fuckin' amazingly good (on the rocks, of course).

oweb26
06-16-2011, 08:15 AM

:smh::D:D:D That was surprisingly funny

Good luck quitting fellas. One thing I am very thankful I never got into. Sure, I smoked one or two cigarettes in high school (hey, peer pressure's a bitch, besides, who hasn't smoked at least once in high school?), but I never got addicted to them. It is actually VERY difficult, if not impossible, for me to become addicted to something since I have never become addicted to anything, despite trying out a number of different addiction creating things.

The only stuff I do is drink (I love me some scotch, along with beer) and I like to smoke an occasional cigar now and then, though I haven't had a cigar in probably a year or so. If I were to ever for some reason start smoking more than a cigar every couple months or year, if anything I'd go the route of the pipe.

I have never smoked a Cig (they have alwasy stunk to me for some reason), but I do smoke a cigar about once every 4-6 months, give me that with a glass of Jack or a rum and coke and I am set for the evening .

I tried sctoch for the first time two weeks ago and I didnt like it at all. That Jack with Honey is an awesome drink though. lol

SmoothPancakes
06-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Actually, I've never smoked in my life. Not once. But, I grew up around my mom smoking every day and, apparently, it caused enough scar tissue in my lungs (I'm a walking example of second hand smoke) that, if I did, I'd probably die (granted, that was a good 15 years ago, so it's probably better now).

You sound like me man. Scotch is, by far, my favorite alcohol now. It's cheap and it's fuckin' amazingly good (on the rocks, of course).

Yeah, definitely not everyone has, just throwing that line out as to why I did.

Yep, I find myself now more than ever, drinking Scotch along with some Brandy. I still work some beer in there, but Scotch and Brandy are my main alcoholic drinks right now.

I have never smoked a Cig (they have alwasy stunk to me for some reason), but I do smoke a cigar about once every 4-6 months, give me that with a glass of Jack or a rum and coke and I am set for the evening .

I tried sctoch for the first time two weeks ago and I didnt like it at all. That Jack with Honey is an awesome drink though. lol

Yeah, I definitely enjoy a nice cigar every so often. It's got that nice mellow taste/flavor to it, and like you said, get a glass of your favorite alcohol, and you are ready to just sit back and relax for the entire evening. Cigarettes, people end up smoking through them constantly to get that nicotine fix. For me with cigars, it's all about that laying back, relaxing to the fullest possibility that you can, having a nice drink along with it, enjoying the smooth taste, and, relaxing.

Whountlence
02-07-2014, 05:20 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Well i was a smoker and my days were like hell without smoking. But for some reason i had to quit smoking. Now i am much better than before. Whoever wanna quit smoking i will say good luck. Its not so difficult how we think, its much easy.

bdoughty
02-07-2014, 07:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ohCRIhz.gif

gschwendt
02-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Well i was a smoker and my days were like hell without smoking. But for some reason i had to quit smoking. Now i am much better than before. Whoever wanna quit smoking i will say good luck. Its not so difficult how we think, its much easy.
Are you a spammer?

bdoughty
02-07-2014, 07:56 AM
Are you a spammer?

I am. :P

CLW
02-07-2014, 08:03 AM
LMAO 3 years later bumpage FTW.

JBHuskers
02-07-2014, 10:42 AM
http://www.helmetsstuff.com/forums/images/epic_bump.jpg

SCClassof93
02-08-2014, 09:14 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/10a339880e7fd41bc7a55eabcc8344b0/tumblr_mt6x8dfgmJ1qf5do9o1_400.gif

JBHuskers
02-08-2014, 01:32 PM
I have spells of that several times a week. Likely a result of being an eXtreme athlete*, in my case though.

*I consume unholy amounts of beer regularly

This was from 2.5 years ago. You'd think :sf: would be in Sochi by now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

steelerfan
02-08-2014, 04:57 PM
This was from 2.5 years ago. You'd think :sf: would be in Sochi by now.

The fucking IOC doesn't recognize my sport. Bastards.

JBHuskers
02-08-2014, 09:21 PM
The fucking IOC doesn't recognize my sport. Bastards.

:D