PDA

View Full Version : A Closer Look at Custom Conferences in NCAA Football 12

Paakaa10
06-14-2011, 03:55 PM
EA SPORTS just uploaded this video to their YouTube page today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Njm1R4Mn8o

In this NCAA Football Quick Clip we walk you through how in depth custom conferences is in NCAA Football 12. See Ben Haumiller create the fictional Pac 16 in NCAA Football 12.

cdj
06-14-2011, 04:04 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?460-A-Closer-Look-at-Custom-Conferences-in-NCAA-Football-12

Kwizzy
06-14-2011, 04:14 PM
What a great feature that's really well done.

Paakaa10
06-14-2011, 04:16 PM
People will be happy to hear in that video that Custom Conferences can be tweaked between every season of your Dynasty as well so that you can keep your college football landscape the same way it's supposed to be as--for example--a school like TCU departs the MWC at the end of this coming season to go to the Big East.

Details
06-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Very nice. The more options, the better.

souljahbill
06-14-2011, 04:27 PM
People will be happy to hear in that video that Custom Conferences can be tweaked between every season of your Dynasty as well so that you can keep your college football landscape the same way it's supposed to be as--for example--a school like TCU departs the MWC at the end of this coming season to go to the Big East.

TCU will NEVER join the Big East in my game. It feels yucky just thinking about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paakaa10
06-14-2011, 04:30 PM
TCU will NEVER join the Big East in my game. It feels yucky just thinking about that.

The other awesome thing about Custom Conferences is that you can just completely ignore reality too! :D

It really does give you a lot of freedom to manage the game as you wish.

psusnoop
06-14-2011, 04:55 PM
The freedom is a great feature and one that will truly reshape Online Dynasties heading forward. I like this feature a lot.

morsdraconis
06-14-2011, 04:57 PM
I don't remember it ever being answered, so I thought I'd ask again for clarity's sake: Can you have more than one team from a conference have an automatic bid to a BCS Bowl Game from the tie ins setup section?

gschwendt
06-14-2011, 05:42 PM
I don't remember it ever being answered, so I thought I'd ask again for clarity's sake: Can you have more than one team from a conference have an automatic bid to a BCS Bowl Game from the tie ins setup section?
No... you cannot.

ram29jackson
06-14-2011, 07:13 PM
this makes online multi player dynasties more interesting and completely fictional and personalized for fun !

Penn State ,LSU,USC and ND can now be in the same conference hahaha.....and the Rose bowl can host half the bowl games haha

PDuncanOSU
06-15-2011, 08:28 AM
I'm excited for the Custom Conferences feature, but the one question I still have about it is what happens to the Conference Prestige recruiting pitch when you move teams around?

blkkrptnt819
06-16-2011, 11:30 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I very much agree. Also ND will never be independent.

psusnoop
06-16-2011, 12:22 PM
I very much agree. Also ND will never be independent.

Welcome to the Big 10, right where they should be. Atleast in my offline dynasty that is.

hoosierhusky
06-25-2011, 08:14 PM
do you know if you can add FCS teams without dropping FBS schools....like say the Big East adds Villanova etc...?

cdj
06-25-2011, 08:16 PM
do you know if you can add FCS teams without dropping FBS schools....like say the Big East adds Villanova etc...?

You have to stay at 120 teams overall, so if you import a TeamBuilder FCS you have to swap a team out.

Welcome to the site!

hoosierhusky
06-25-2011, 08:47 PM
You have to stay at 120 teams overall, so if you import a TeamBuilder FCS you have to swap a team out.

Welcome to the site!

Thanks..... yeah thats what i kind of figured ...it would be cool if you could add 8 more teams to FCS and then you could have 8 16 team super conferences and then if they added the option of a playoff you could have a 8 team tournament of the conference champions...now i'm dreaming lol

cdj
06-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks..... yeah thats what i kind of figured ...it would be cool if you could add 8 more teams to FCS and then you could have 8 16 team super conferences and then if they added the option of a playoff you could have a 8 team tournament of the conference champions...now i'm dreaming lol

I think a lot of us would love to see the ability to go above 120 teams. That would be great to add in teams like UMass, UTSA, etc. that are moving up in future years.

It's been the belief for a while that the NCAA and/or the BCS may not want EA to add a playoff option since the sport doesn't have one. Not sure if that's the case, but it seems like it makes sense for EA to respect existing partners and structure of the sport. It would be a cool option though, don't get me wrong.

Rudy
06-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Welcome to the Big 10, right where they should be. Atleast in my offline dynasty that is.

I think I am going to do the same thing when I go with Michigan. I'll probably drop Indiana for them but I can keep the USC rivalry game for ND. I may drop Iowa St. for Boise St. in the Big 12 as well. Quite frankly, I don't know why some of these conferences are so eager to go to 16 teams and split the enormous TV revenue. You are better off dropping dead weight than adding some.

I'm 90% sure I will go with Michigan. The one draw back for me is that the conference isn't that balanced as they have quite a few crappy teams along with some good ones. The SEC, PAC 12 and ACC are all pretty balanced without too many losers. I'd consider playing with Texas A & M in the Big 12 but they have so many programs I don't care about. I'd drop Iowa St. and Kansas/Baylor for Boise St and TCU to make that conference interesting.

hoosierhusky
06-26-2011, 01:19 PM
I think a lot of us would love to see the ability to go above 120 teams. That would be great to add in teams like UMass, UTSA, etc. that are moving up in future years.

It's been the belief for a while that the NCAA and/or the BCS may not want EA to add a playoff option since the sport doesn't have one. Not sure if that's the case, but it seems like it makes sense for EA to respect existing partners and structure of the sport. It would be a cool option though, don't get me wrong.

for sure....i totally get why the playoff option isn't on there ...it wouldnt be wise to tick off their bosses ....one day they will get it right...one day