PDA

View Full Version : Week 10, 2016

Oneback
06-13-2011, 07:23 AM
=============== Oklahoma Sooners (4-3) ===============
Last week the Sooners were idle.
This week, the Sooners travel to Los Angeles to face the #8 USC Trojans (6-1).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LOLB Craig Taylor has committed to Nebraska
- (***) C Dominique Green has committed to Arizona
- (***) FS Rick Davis has committed to Kansas
- (****) WR Keith Gunn has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #2 Clemson Tigers (9-0) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 63-24 against Georgia Tech (4-4).
This week, the Tigers are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) SS Dave Thompson has committed to Notre Dame
- (*****) FS Jonathan Rodgers has committed to Auburn

=============== #10 Florida State Seminoles (6-2) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 38-3 against Maryland (2-6).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Raleigh to face the NC State Wolfpack (4-4).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) HB William Long has committed to Auburn

=============== #3 Miami Hurricanes (9-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 73-3 against North Carolina (3-5).
This week, the Hurricanes will host #11 Virginia Tech (8-1).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Brett Carpenter has committed to Rutgers
- (****) SS Joel Patterson has committed to USF
- (***) CB Troy Griffin has committed to Miami
- (***) P Kevin Carroll has committed to Miami
- (***) QB Brandon Hubbard has committed to Miami

=============== #7 Michigan Wolverines (7-1) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 41-14 against Michigan State (2-5).
This week, the Wolverines travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (3-5).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Dustin Harris has committed to Texas

=============== #13 Texas A&M Aggies (6-2) ===============
Last week, Texas A&M won 44-7 against Texas Tech (2-4).
This week, the Aggies are idle.

=============== #4 Penn State Nittany Lions (8-1) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 52-28 against Ohio State (6-2).
This week, the Nittany Lions are idle.

=============== Oregon Ducks (4-4) ===============
Last week the Ducks were idle.
This week, the Ducks travel to Pasadena to face the UCLA Bruins (2-6).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) MLB Clint Greene has committed to Oregon
- (****) ROLB Todd Peterson has committed to Oregon
- (***) C Bubba Hawkins has committed to Oregon

=============== #8 USC Trojans (6-1) ===============
Last week, USC won 70-14 against Oklahoma State (1-6).
This week, the Trojans will host Oklahoma (4-3).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Josh Malone has committed to Louisville
- (***) K Wesley Peterson has committed to USC

=============== #11 Virginia Tech Hokies (8-1) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 42-38 against Boston College (3-5).
This week, the Hokies travel to Miami to face the #3 Miami Hurricanes (9-0).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) P Kevin Carroll has committed to Miami
- (***) K Jarred Ward has committed to Utah

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (8-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 63-3 against UCLA (2-6).
This week, the Longhorns will host Cal (2-5).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Dustin Harris has committed to Texas

=============== #20 Wisconsin Badgers (4-4) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 34-10 against Illinois (3-4).
This week, the Badgers travel to East Lansing to face the Michigan State Spartans (2-5).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JeffHCross
06-13-2011, 07:29 AM
No recruits and an idle week. Double suck.

psusnoop
06-13-2011, 07:47 AM
I had 5 recruits on my board plus bye week= Ready to advance

psuexv
06-13-2011, 09:14 AM
ID - you back up and running yet? If so, what day and time works?

RcSinger
06-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Ryby. When do you want to open up smackdown on VT?

Papa LoneStar
06-13-2011, 11:41 AM
:Texas:

The #1 Longhorns struggled passing the ball....Junior QB Mike Joseph was horrible with his 1-3 for 19 yards in rainy Austin, TX. The 5 beasts up front and the luxury vehicles driving through the holes that they created were simply great. Texas rushed 47 times for 520 yards and 8 TDs as #1 Texas handled California 72-0. Senior RB Bryson Hopkins had 17 carries for 227 yards and 5 TDs....along with junior RB Jerome Brown's 21 carries for 163 yards and 3 TDs. QB Mike Joseph contributed with 85 yards on 4 carries and sophomore Brennan Jones added 45 yards. On defense, in a shutout....DE Jonathan Johnson led with 10 tackles (2 TFL) and MLB Chauncey Dukes added 7 tackles (5 TFL) and a sack as the 2 juniors helped the Longhorn defense hold their opponent without an offensive TD for the 5th time this season. The #1 Texas Longhorns will host the #8 USC Trojans in 1 out 2 likely battles that will decide if the Longhorns will win their 3rd straight conference title and 5th in Coach LoneStar's 7 years in Austin.

ryby6969
06-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Ryby. When do you want to open up smackdown on VT?

Tonight I have 2 rounds of TW to play at 9pm est. I can go after that or tomorrow evening. Let me know what works best for you.

RcSinger
06-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Tonight I have 2 rounds of TW to play at 9pm est. I can go after that or tomorrow evening. Let me know what works best for you.
No late that a 9 central kickoff. May be best to shoot for tomorrow

ryby6969
06-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Sounds good. I can go at probably 7 or 8pm est tomorrow night.

JeffHCross
06-13-2011, 08:12 PM
A&M defeats BYE in a defensive struggle.

psusnoop
06-14-2011, 06:40 AM
ID - you back up and running yet? If so, what day and time works?

I'm pretty sure I've seen him online, but I don't think he is back in PH.

psuexv
06-14-2011, 08:47 AM
I'm pretty sure I've seen him online, but I don't think he is back in PH.

Anyone know if he's on AutoPilot still, I can't see that online.

ryby6969
06-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Yes he is.

psuexv
06-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Yes he is.

Cool - I'll get my game in tonight then.

RcSinger
06-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Ryby, 8 est still good? That's in 15 minutes

ryby6969
06-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Actually, that is 8est but yeah it is still good.

RcSinger
06-14-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm on now

RcSinger
06-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Great game ryby.

Couple on questions

1st, were u playing aggressive pass defense.

Then did you have recruits visiting

Last were you trying a new scheme and/or players and/or just taking it easy on me.

I noticed you ran the ball a whole lot more than usual.

ryby6969
06-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Good game to you also.
And to answer your questions:
1) I played it a lot of aggressive pass defense because my corners suck. I would switch it off and on sporadically depending on the situation.
2) No recruits visiting for me. I only have a few left on my board that I have not signed since this is pretty much the last season,
3)I have been playing around with a new playbook this season and it really sucks honestly. I have kept it because of the one pistol formation in it for when I bring in my backup QB at the end of games. The passing plays in it are pretty terrible so that is why I ran so much. I have kind of lost interest in NCAA 11 with 12 so close to being out. It is hard to play knowing this is the last season and recruiting and what not doesn't matter. I have also been trying out different passing plays just for fun. I am really looking forward to a game where I can run like I did tonight and actually be able to call a PA pass. You played better and I noticed you found some of the routes we were discussing with you last week. You still might want to watch trying to force the ball in to tight windows so much. My highest rated CB is a 77ovr Freshman so if my CB's were better it might have cost you.

A question for you RC. Why don't you use more option and zone reads in you offense with you having a QB with 91 speed? He could be a serious weapon if you expanded your playbook a little bit. I would think there would be some plays to use his speed considering you use the Va Tech playbook and they have had Tyrod. Just a suggestion.

RcSinger
06-14-2011, 08:41 PM
I have tried to incorporate the option in and it worked well in past seasons, running with Larson has gotten me fumbles and I am honestly afraid of him getting hit too hard and getting injured. I've already lost my star hb who was leading all fishers by 200 yards early in the season. I try the option and you seen the results the 3 or so times I ran it. I called it a few more times but you showed blitz so I checked out of it.

As far as the zone read. I am not great at making the read, usually I pick based off the presnap read and not the spot read. Shotgun running as a while sucks and I very rarely run from 5 deep.

ryby6969
06-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Yeah, I can understand. Sorry about hurting so many of your players also. My teams are usually pretty good at stoping the option. I can just never stop the pass because I love zone defense but it sucks soooo bad in this game. I still call zone probably 50 percent of the time despite its glaring flaws.

JeffHCross
06-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

RcSinger
06-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Pass defense period sucks. Man gets beat on half the routes in the game except when the db warps in. Several of those tight windows you referred to shouldn't have been tight. When a route to the sideline is run and the WR has outside position and 2 steps on the defender, the QB should be able to lay one over the outside shoulder for a pass that only his receiver can catch. Pass defense as a whole sucks in this game. And readIng pass d sucks worse, at least for me.

RcSinger
06-15-2011, 10:00 PM
If anyone is interested, I am building a spreadsheet (excel) that lists each rating for each position in order of importance per Ruby's post of coefficients. It will calculate the OVR of each player you add so you can put your recruits in and get an idea of what their OVR will be so you know who to recruit the hardest. I also plan to add calculations for the 5 and then the 3 most important ratings for each position to see if the top 3 - 5 ratings might change who you would put in slot 1 and 2 in the depth chart.

If anyone can break down (do so in the "player ratings" thread) exactly which ratings matter for specific roles in a position such as zone coverage for a defensive back or run blocking (pulling) guard or tight end, I would like to add calculations to analyze the roster for specific roles so that formation subbing can be maximized. Most of you can probably figure all this out with a few clicks on the controller but I would like to put it in front of me in spreadsheet form.