PDA

View Full Version : Pulse of The Tailgate: NCAA Football 12 Post-E3

Paakaa10
06-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Just wanted to put together a poll here to gauge the Pulse of The Tailgate as it concerns NCAA Football 12 now that the week of E3 has come and gone.

We've gotten a good deal of information prior to E3 from blogs on the official site (http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog) and the reactions (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/entry.php?10-NCAA-Football-12-Community-Event-Experience-(with-Exclusive-Screenshots!)) of Community Event attendees (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/entry.php?11-A-First-Timer’s-Trip-to-EA-Tiburon) here at The Gaming Tailgate (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/entry.php?13-NCAA-Football-12-First-Impressions) as well as at other fan sites in the community (http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/ncaa-football-12-community-day-events). More information is expected to be revealed about Road to Glory mode this coming week and the demo is set for release on Tuesday, June 28th; just over two weeks away.

At E3, some videos, interviews, impressions, and trailers were revealed and can be found here in the forums at The Gaming Tailgate.

So how do you feel about NCAA Football 12? Vote in the poll and share details in a post.

illwill10
06-12-2011, 03:47 PM
I am waiting until RTG info comes out tomorrow/this week

Boucher
06-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Guarded

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 03:53 PM
LOL everyone here is getting the game regardless of feelings or thoughts, even whiny rhombic

morsdraconis
06-12-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm getting the game no matter what because of coaching carousel, custom playbook, and custom conferences. That alone will make the game something I'll actually play past 3-4 months (unlike the past 4-5 games).

illwill10
06-12-2011, 04:05 PM
I already have it paid off.

Rudy
06-12-2011, 05:07 PM
I voted positive. I'm certainly getting the game and there have been a lot of nice improvements to the game but there are also a couple things that I know will still need work. Just another evolutionary step in the series.

I think one of the best football games I played that had small changes that led to long lasting big improvements was Madden '03 on the PS2. Madden '01 was the first game and it was solid but needed expected work as a first offering. Madden '02 took some steps back that led me to not like it that much. But Madden '03 was a lot better. I didn't think it was noticeably better after my first day with it but the game was balanced (offence vs. defense, run vs. pass, inside run vs. outside run) and that led to long term satisfaction. My biggest concern is the cpu shotgun running game and if it's balanced compared to a traditional cpu run game. I really hope there aren't too many negative runs out of that offense.

illwill10
06-12-2011, 05:46 PM
I cant wait till RTG news comes out and some of the mods in here can spill the beans

Paakaa10
06-12-2011, 06:23 PM
LOL everyone here is getting the game regardless of feelings or thoughts

This may be; but the question isn't so much focused on whether or not people are planning to purchase the game--knowing that most of the people here are going to buy it every year--but instead on how people are feeling about the game now that the big showcase of E3 has come and gone and the retail game is just over a month away. It's a subtle difference in tone of the question, but a difference nonetheless.

illwill10
06-12-2011, 06:29 PM
This may be; but the question isn't so much focused on whether or not people are planning to purchase the game--knowing that most of the people here are going to buy it every year--but instead on how people are feeling about the game now that the big showcase of E3 has come and gone and the retail game is just over a month away. It's a subtle difference in tone of the question, but a difference nonetheless.

Yeah alot of people are gone to buy it, but If they were looking for a big showcase and flooded with vids of NCAA, It didnt happen. There were a couple of vids, but no way near the amount of madden. Another thing is Ea planned on giving out more vids if people would subscribe to their youtube page. It has been 3 days and only a few hundred suscribers. So dont plan on those vids coming any time soon

Paakaa10
06-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Another thing is Ea planned on giving out more vids if people would subscribe to their youtube page. It has been 3 days and only a few hundred suscribers. So dont plan on those vids coming any time soon

To the best of my knowledge, all videos from E3 that were intended for release have now been made available. There was another "call" put out this past Thursday morning for more followers to "unlock" a new video for NCAA Football 12 and Madden NFL 12 and the videos ended up released by the end of the day. The NCAA unlock was the Clemson versus South Carolina video and the Madden unlock was the Packers versus Bears video.

Just wanted to dispel any rumor that EA was holding out on video releases. Hopefully with the expected Road to Glory information coming this week there will be more media from the game coming from EA anyway.

illwill10
06-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Hopefully with the expected Road to Glory information coming this week there will be more media from the game coming from EA anyway.
I think it will come out tomorrow. I pmed Alex Howell a while ago and he said it would be lifted 6/13. and since Ben said it will be this week, I think it will be tomorrow

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 06:50 PM

my point is this, its a consumer entertainment product. You buy it, you play with it. If youre feeling guarded about a video game release, its time to get a life haha

Paakaa10
06-12-2011, 07:22 PM
my point is this, its a consumer entertainment product. You buy it, you play with it. If youre feeling guarded about a video game release, its time to get a life haha

I think people are permitted to be "guarded" about something that will cost them $60 and they are trying to find significant enjoyment from. We see it all the time from people who say things like, "It sounds good, but I'm going to wait until the demo until I give my verdict on it for sure." The kind of people who spend a lot of time here at TGT are the kind of people who are going to be significantly invested in the game being good every year. Some people get fired up about video games, some people get fired up about other things; none of these people need to "get a life." A lot of them do plenty outside of video games while still being frequent participants in conversation here.

Just thought it was an interesting thing to read from a guy who started a thread here saying nothing but:

just looked at OS and it looks like teambuilder 12 will start a week before game release with nothing new on the creative end added :mad:

:D

Back to the point of this thread; it's interesting to see that the "Pulse of The Tailgate" is still trending positive after a bit of an underwhelming showing from the game at E3. I'll be putting together a more in-depth post with my thoughts on the topic later tonight or tomorrow.

cdj
06-12-2011, 07:57 PM
While disappointed in NCAA Football 12 being featured on the side of a milk carton during day on of E3, I went with Excited but Positive could have fit since I feel E3 didn't do much to move the needle in terms of excitement.

There's too many big changes (Custom Playbooks, Coaching Carousel, Custom Conferences, Road to Glory overhaul, improved zone coverage, & enhanced collision system) for me personally to not be excited for the game.

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 08:02 PM
I think people are permitted to be "guarded" about something that will cost them $60 and they are trying to find significant enjoyment from. We see it all the time from people who say things like, "It sounds good, but I'm going to wait until the demo until I give my verdict on it for sure." The kind of people who spend a lot of time here at TGT are the kind of people who are going to be significantly invested in the game being good every year. Some people get fired up about video games, some people get fired up about other things; none of these people need to "get a life." A lot of them do plenty outside of video games while still being frequent participants in conversation here.

Just thought it was an interesting thing to read from a guy who started a thread here saying nothing but:

:D

Back to the point of this thread; it's interesting to see that the "Pulse of The Tailgate" is still trending positive after a bit of an underwhelming showing from the game at E3. I'll be putting together a more in-depth post with my thoughts on the topic later tonight or tomorrow.

dude, thats a forum post, with a quickie comment, playing with smileys. It doesnt constitute a major vested interest.
There is a difference. Some people get fired up about video games? yes,Those people are called children.

look, ..i'm interested in it coming out...I plan to have fun with it..but it aint a car purchase or insurance discussion.. its a toy....sure, haha, a toy with a tad more memory and logic than most haha, yet still a toy ...and since I can now go online , I found this site here, where more decent guys who dont play like children, play the ncaa game. because i've had my fill of OS and VSN , one because its full of children and the other is full of immature trolls...

everyone here is buying the game ( or getting it free because of certain connections haha) end of story.....and dont get upset about my comments, I've been unemployed and need something to bitch about lately haha

haha what ever, this is all ridiculous fodder anyway because we are waiting to get the game to play it.......and actually punt on 4th down...

Paakaa10
06-12-2011, 08:07 PM
and dont get upset about my comments, I've been unemployed and need something to bitch about lately haha

I'm not upset, don't worry; just think it's funny. I can identify with the unemployment and needing to express that energy some way.

I just think it's reductive thinking to assume that the only people who get fired up about video games are children. All it takes is looking at a few websites and forums online to see that people of all ages can get fired up about games like NCAA Football in a positive way just as much as people can be negative. Just look at initiatives like researching the band sections or cannons for NCAA Football 12 this year; it takes people being "fired up about video games" to get that research done.

Pig Bomb
06-12-2011, 08:18 PM
dude, thats a forum post, with a quickie comment, playing with smileys. It doesnt constitute a major vested interest.
There is a difference. Some people get fired up about video games? yes,Those people are called children.

I have to agree with this... my wife says I am a child...and my two kids say that i act like one all the time...and I am excited my favorite video game [NCAA] is looking much improved this year...I'm even buying a new HDTV this week to get ready...uh... I mean I'm buying a new TV for the gameroom/home office for the kids...ya for the kids.

jaymo76
06-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Cautiously positive and prematurely excited... does that count???

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Cautiously positive and prematurely excited... does that count???

only when it comes to women :D

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 09:48 PM
I have to agree with this... my wife says I am a child...and my two kids say that i act like one all the time...and I am excited my favorite video game [NCAA] is looking much improved this year...I'm even buying a new HDTV this week to get ready...uh... I mean I'm buying a new TV for the gameroom/home office for the kids...ya for the kids.

most if not all men like electronic toys /gadgets :D

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2011, 09:58 PM
most if not all men like electronic toys /gadgets :D

Most women too. ;)

iBrandon
06-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Most women too. ;)

LOL! yes!

steelerfan
06-13-2011, 10:37 AM
I went with Positive. Nothing at E3 affected me. Of course, I have played the game soooo.......... :P

PeteyKirch
06-13-2011, 11:42 AM
I was upset they didn't divulge more information. The game is less than a month away, and you are at the biggest game convention and they end up spilling no beans relatively.

griffin2608
06-13-2011, 11:46 AM
I voted positive. I have pre-ordered this year first time in a while. Fact is I love college football and this game is one of the only full price purchases I make for video games. I'm a old married man with 2 kids that actually played college football. Madden is a afterthought to me. I feel like ea actually care about college football this year and it shows. It's not perfect but it is a far sight better than it used to be.

Pantera1968
06-13-2011, 12:25 PM

I'm with you Pig Bomb. My wife, kids, mother, father, sister, cousins, etc. all say that I'm a child for my love of the NCAA series. I always tell them, if playing Xbox is my worst transgression then they should consider themselves lucky! :)

My 2 brothers and I play a co-op dynasty (I hope EA never takes this out of the game or we will be crushed) with Notre Dame every year since we are huge ND fans. To tell you how much we like '11 . . . for the first time ever we have played the game for the entire year since release. We just completed our 30th season in our ND dynasty on '11.

There are still some things that I was not happy with in '11 (the biggest being some of the crazy logic in recruiting) but overall I think '11 was a very solid game. Reading what most of the community day participants are saying I am very excited for this game!

CLW
06-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Positive (which is down from Excited Prior to E3) before the gameplay videos I was pumped. However, after viewing the few gameplay videos at E3 I have SERIOUS doubts/questions about whether defense has really been improved. Coaching Carousel and Custom Playbooks are great additions but to me it is all for not if its still a HD version of Tecmo Bowl.

skipwondah33
06-13-2011, 03:33 PM
I voted guarded, I have to see if the dreadlocks look realistic in the game then I will be sold :D

I don't have it pre-ordered at the moment but I should here in the next week or so probably. Unless I get in a dynasty though I may not get it because I don't play only lobby games or the CPU.

I OU a Beatn
06-13-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm passive. I'll buy it like I do every year, but from what I've seen, they haven't made nearly enough improvements to the areas of the game that needed it the most, so I'm not expecting it to play any better than it has the past several years.

PeteyKirch
06-13-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm passive. I'll buy it like I do every year, but from what I've seen, they haven't made nearly enough improvements to the areas of the game that needed it the most, so I'm not expecting it to play any better than it has the past several years.

Outside of the pass trajectory they improved two of the major things that bothered me last year.

Suction Blocking
Improved Tackling

Now sure it appears so far that Shotgun Running seems to leave a bit desired, but hopefully that can be tweaked a bit.

Pig Bomb
06-13-2011, 04:53 PM

what areas do you feel "needed it the most" but did not get improved????

they nailed most of my biggies!

Cipher 8
06-14-2011, 11:15 AM
I was excited for the game when I first saw it and some of it's first details and screenshots. The trailers just made me more hyped. Then they announced Custom Playbooks and it was a done deal.

psusnoop
06-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Honestly just to many good things in this year to not be excited.

That was my vote, but after rereading the question again I probably would have dropped it slightly just because you wanted to know what I feel like after E3 in particular. It would have been positive at this point, would have loved to see more but that is ok.

Jayrah
06-16-2011, 02:03 PM
what areas do you feel "needed it the most" but did not get improved????

they nailed most of my biggies!

I don't think he'll be satisfied until real players with real minds that really just think for themselves run through his television screen under the control of his xbox controller. :D

ram29jackson
06-16-2011, 02:34 PM
I don't think he'll be satisfied until real players with real minds that really just think for themselves run through his television screen under the control of his xbox controller. :D

well, they did insinuate that was possible 4 years ago and still havent delivered yet haha