PDA

View Full Version : Pulse of The Tailgate: Madden NFL 12 Post-E3

Paakaa10
06-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Just wanted to put together a poll here to gauge the Pulse of The Tailgate as it concerns Madden NFL 12 now that the week of E3 has come and gone.

We've gotten a good deal of information both prior to E3 in terms of the first four "Feature Playbooks" on Playbooks & Gameplay (http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/1/playbooks-and-gameplay), Presentation (http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/1/presentation), Franchise & Superstar (http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/1/franchise-superstar-modes), and Dynamic Player Performance (http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/1/dynamic-player-performance). Two "Playbooks" remain to be released: "Madden Ultimate Team" on June 20th and "Online Communities" on July 25th.

At E3, a number of videos, interviews, impressions, and trailers were revealed. Even more off-screen gameplay videos taken by E3 attendees will be making their way onto YouTube and other fan sites in the near-future.

So how do you feel about Madden NFL 12? Vote in the poll and share details in a post.

morsdraconis
06-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Nothing from franchise mode so far, so I couldn't care any less about Madden. Until they show something that truly blows me away from franchise mode and makes it actually worthwhile to play the game at all, I'm still not sold. Not to mention, the largest aspect of the game that I played (Superstar Mode), is basically untouched and ruined by you automatically getting the starting job and not having to work your way up the ranks at all.

And, Madden still looks like it plays worse than NCAA.

Paakaa10
06-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Nothing from franchise mode so far, so I couldn't care any less about Madden. Until they show something that truly blows me away from franchise mode and makes it actually worthwhile to play the game at all, I'm still not sold.

Just curious if you've read the associated blogs on the "Feature Playbook" for "Franchise & Superstar" at the official site; you can click that text to go to the link in the original post here.

Looks like there has been a lot changed/upgraded in Franchise mode for this year; we just haven't really seen it detailed in videos showing the mode being used extensively yet.

skipwondah33
06-12-2011, 04:50 PM
The things i knew about prior to E3 I look forward to and the few things that I've seen since E3 I'm looking forward to the game. IMO only a few changes needed to be made from a gameplay standpoint from this past year's version which was a solid game despite it's flaws. It still was the most complete Madden we've had on next gen and it was much better than 09 and 10.

I want some hands on time to really see how the defensive AI reacts or works together like I've heard. Custom playbooks, better zone coverage play, suction removal, shading oh and definitely want to see more of DPP in action.

Didn't hear anything about franchise or superstar modes but I could careless about those I only play online in leagues...CPU is garbage to play against in football games.

In the end really hoping the gameplay additions pan out, but ultimately all I'm looking for is more than what was in the previous version. I definitely want to see more videos though, some Steelers lol

morsdraconis
06-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Just curious if you've read the associated blogs on the "Feature Playbook" for "Franchise & Superstar" at the official site; you can click that text to go to the link in the original post here.

Looks like there has been a lot changed/upgraded in Franchise mode for this year; we just haven't really seen it detailed in videos showing the mode being used extensively yet.

Yeah, I have, but it's just not enough. It does seem like a lot, and it may end up being enough, but, right now, looking at what they've added, it's not enough to get me interested again.

cdj
06-12-2011, 07:33 PM
I went with Guarded, though I could have went with Positive as well. While the improvements look and sound great, I won't believe it until I have the urge to complete multiple seasons of Madden franchise mode.

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2011, 07:40 PM
I went with positive. I definitely am looking forward to Madden 12 and will probably pre-order sometime in July or early August, however I still have my doubts. I never, for even a second thought of buying Madden 11 last year when I found out it was basically nothing more than a $60 roster update. I never owned Madden 11 until just two weeks ago when I bought it extremely cheap solely to whore the achievements in it. Madden 12, it's right up with as a planned day one buy, but I still want to wait for more info to come out and for the info cycle to hit full speed as it gets closer to release before I'll be fully excited for it.

jaymo76
06-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Excited... this looks like Madden will FINALLY be worth the purchase for next gen. I enjoyed 10 but this looks like it will blow 10 out of the water. I just wish the EXTRA POINT was back...

accfsu34
06-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Excited, i haven't been this excited for a Madden since they showed us that fake next-gen Madden commercial.

steelerfan
06-14-2011, 12:01 AM
I went with Guarded, though I could have went with Positive as well. While the improvements look and sound great, I won't believe it until I have the urge to complete multiple seasons of Madden franchise mode.

Every word is correct.

iBrandon
06-14-2011, 09:14 AM
I was excited before E3, so nothing after E3 really made me more excited. Just getting closer to release day excites me. :D I already have it preordered and it's a day one purhcase like every year.

If everything in franchise mode works like advertised (which I doubt) I will be fully satisfied with Madden and play it well after the season is over, which is something I haven't done in years. Of course, the gameplay has to be improved as well, but the franchise mode changes are huge and hopefully make playing multiple seasons enjoyable.

BossHusker
06-14-2011, 04:30 PM
My problem with Madden is strictly a Superstar mode thing, I despised the fact that I came out of college, with numerous awards, numerous trophies, blah blah blah, only to find out that I get drafted in the 3/4/5th round. Who doesn't want to be the #1 pick in the draft, and I agree that it should be hyped and made a big deal of. There are so many upgrades that superstar mode needs, and from what I have read, I doubt I will purchase Madden, especially knowing that we start as a 60. I'm not saying I want to come out as a 99 and destroy everyone, but I would like to get my due from my college success.
It would be easy to include the draft, since technically we will be playing as freshman in 2011, graduate in 2015, why can't we come into the league as a highly desired draft pick? I understand that the current real life players have earned that right, and we definitely want to play with some of our favorites, and it would suck to have them retired by the time we got to the league, there has to be some way of getting around that, or at least I would hope so. Perhaps age players a year, and let us come out the next season, where the real life draft hasn't already happened, so it's still speculative. Just some ideas I've been wanting, or kicking around.
I would also love to see the training camp return, as I loved that option in 06, just don't make us have to go through every single round. Let us pick the level we want to compete at and go for it, giving us skill points as relative to level. Any feedback from this mini rant is appreciated.