PDA

View Full Version : TV Shows Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Kev5890
06-07-2010, 10:42 PM
What is everyone watching lately?

My only TV show that I was dedicated to watching (24) just had its series ending show a couple of weeks ago.

As of right now I am busy with work/school so the only thing I really watch is Frasier and King of Queens at night.

Also the new Wipeout season starts soon, which is always fun to watch for a good laugh.

So what is everyone else watching?

UGA14
06-07-2010, 10:45 PM
King of Queens always. Got the entire set. Otherwise just watch The First 48 on A&E or Crime 360...

gschwendt
06-07-2010, 10:48 PM
For the summer, definitely watching Burn Notice and Royal Pains. Also While Collar and Psych start back soon... gonna check out Covert Affairs (new USA show) once it starts. Wipeout is also a good watch.

If it weren't for USA Network, I don't suppose I would watch hardly any Summer TV.

JBHuskers
06-08-2010, 12:49 AM
Don't get into shows much, between gaming and sports. But Rescue Me & The Office are two current favorites, both of which I need to catch back up on thanks to gaming and sports. :D Season Five Volumes 1 & 2 of Rescue Me just came in the mail the other day, gotta get that caught up before the season six premiere.

SmoothPancakes
06-16-2010, 04:25 AM
What is everyone watching lately?

My only TV show that I was dedicated to watching (24) just had its series ending show a couple of weeks ago.

So what is everyone else watching?

Aye, I was also a dedicated 24 viewer. Watched all 8 seasons on TV and never missed more than 4 episodes on their original air dates per season (to which I would just watch that missed episode online the next day). I'll definitely miss it. I no longer know what to do on Monday nights at 9pm.

As for what I'm watching now, Time Warner finally added the Military Channel to the basic cable/HD lineup here in NW Ohio, so I have been watching that channel almost religiously whenever I watch TV. The first entire week I had access to the channel, with the exception of the series finale of 24 that Monday night, I literally did not watch a single second of any other channel except for the Military Channel.

Otherwise, I spend probably 95% of my TV viewing time on either the History Channel, the Discovery Channel, and now the Military Channel. I've always had a major interest in history and now that I have the MC, I can start building back up my interest in military history as well.

Kwizzy
06-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Well I have quite a list but I keep up with all of these shows when they're running new episodes:
House, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Deadliest Catch, Expedition Great White, Entourage, Weeds, Californication, & Friday Night Lights.

And as always, I'm constantly reworking my way through the seasons of MASH.

ebin
06-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Don't get into shows much, between gaming and sports. But Rescue Me & The Office are two current favorites, both of which I need to catch back up on thanks to gaming and sports. :D Season Five Volumes 1 & 2 of Rescue Me just came in the mail the other day, gotta get that caught up before the season six premiere.

Rescue Me is fantastic. You better get busy, you've got less than two weeks until season 6 premieres!

JBHuskers
06-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Rescue Me is fantastic. You better get busy, you've got less than two weeks until season 6 premieres!

I know, I know....damn video games get in the way of getting caught up on my shows, and getting into any new shows LOL, but I guess life could be worse ;)

ebin
06-16-2010, 12:57 PM
I know, I know....damn video games get in the way of getting caught up on my shows, and getting into any new shows LOL, but I guess life could be worse ;)

Yeah, I suppose there are worse things than having too much good entertainment to consume.

CLW
06-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Wow I must be lame. Other than Sports, I watch HGTV (the wife and I are hoping to buy a house once we finally settle somewhere) and Everybody Loves Raymond on DVD. When I'm not playing video games or watching sports I am usually relegated to watching her shows.

cdj
06-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Was a big LOST fan, so I'm hoping to find something as entertaining.

Currently giving some new shows a try: Happy Town, Persons Unknown, and I also True Blood. None of them are "can't miss" shows for me like LOST was. Used to really like 24 and Heroes, but the final seasons of each left something to be desired - only halfway through final season of each. Lost my dedication to each, unfortunately.

Kingpin32
06-16-2010, 11:41 PM
I used to really love Smallville, but I seemed to lose my interest in it as the show went on. Hopefully I can back into it when the new and final season starts.

JBHuskers
06-22-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm watching The Green Room right now from Showtime. This is hilarious. It's basically four comics sitting around drinking with an audience and bullshitting for an hour. Two weeks ago was the premiere and that had Eddie Izzard, Drew Caray to name a few. I've just started this weeks episode and it has Bob Saget, Roseanne Barr and Sandra Bernhard. Fellow comedian Paul Provenza is somewhat the host. Great show. Sounds like it will be on for six episodes with the 3rd being this Thursday.

JBHuskers
06-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Anyone watch Downfall tonight with Chris Jericho? So far, it's not bad. But I'm a game show junkie, and a WWE fan, so it's win-win.

Kingpin32
06-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Anyone watch Downfall tonight with Chris Jericho? So far, it's not bad. But I'm a game show junkie, and a WWE fan, so it's win-win.
I've been flipping between that and Hell's Kitchen. I'm mad that I didn't even know Hell's Kitchen was back on, and I'm mad I missed Wipeout. I love that show.

Flav
06-22-2010, 08:56 PM
I love cooking shows for some reason. I'm a fan of cooking haha. Is it weird I knew who all the sexiest men alive were? :p

Deuce
06-22-2010, 08:58 PM
I love cooking shows for some reason. I'm a fan of cooking haha. Is it weird I knew who all the sexiest men alive were? :p

I like Everyday Italian...and it has nothing to do with the awesome cleavage!! :p:p

Kingpin32
06-22-2010, 09:00 PM
I like Everyday Italian...and it has nothing to do with the awesome cleavage!! :p:p

I love me some Italian!

Flav
06-22-2010, 09:01 PM

Whoevers wife that is is lucky. A hot woman who's in the kitchen :p

Marlowe
06-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Just got done watching the 4th season of Dexter. Waiting on season 5 to start in September. Only other show I usually try and catch (no pun) is River Monsters on Animal Planet.

morsdraconis
06-23-2010, 12:39 AM
Was a big LOST fan, so I'm hoping to find something as entertaining.

Currently giving some new shows a try: Happy Town, Persons Unknown, and I also True Blood. None of them are "can't miss" shows for me like LOST was. Used to really like 24 and Heroes, but the final seasons of each left something to be desired - only halfway through final season of each. Lost my dedication to each, unfortunately.

While the mystery isn't as good as Lost's, if you like the sci-fi aspects of Lost (like most people that got incredibly disappointed with the show and stopped watching) The Lost Room was a great mini-series on Sci-fi.

I REALLY liked the Sci-fi remake of Battlestar Galactica and Stargate SG1, Atlantis, and Universe are some of the best Sci-fi that was/is on television. Also, Farscape is AMAZINGLY good (and one of the reasons why SG1 was even more incredible for me). Claudia Black is an incredible actress (and definitely very pleasing to the eyes as well).

Besides the above, the only TV I watch is: House, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, Grey's Anatomy (guilty pleasure), Mythbusters, Man vs Food, and Boondocks (INCREDIBLY funny shit).

JBHuskers
06-23-2010, 01:20 AM
Have been doing super catch-up on Rescue Me season five. Watched 10 episodes in two days....got seven left. First time in this series I ever fell behind. Will get caught up for the season premiere on Tuesday.

ebin
06-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Have been doing super catch-up on Rescue Me season five. Watched 10 episodes in two days....got seven left. First time in this series I ever fell behind. Will get caught up for the season premiere on Tuesday.

What do you think so far?

JBHuskers
06-23-2010, 12:22 PM
What do you think so far?

REALLY good. The last two nights I've watched five episodes each shot.

ebin
06-23-2010, 03:15 PM
REALLY good. The last two nights I've watched five episodes each shot.

Yeah, I thought they did a great job with season 5. It feels like its been a really long time since I've seen an episode though, I might have to do a marathon reviewing before Tuesday myself.

JBHuskers
06-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I thought they did a great job with season 5. It feels like its been a really long time since I've seen an episode though, I might have to do a marathon reviewing before Tuesday myself.

IIRC, season six is 11 episodes and the last season will be 9.

ebin
06-23-2010, 11:22 PM
IIRC, season six is 11 episodes and the last season will be 9.

Yeah, I heard something like that as well. Kinda weird they're stretching it over two seasons, but I'm just glad its back on (almost).

JBHuskers
06-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Yeah, I heard something like that as well. Kinda weird they're stretching it over two seasons, but I'm just glad its back on (almost).

Yep! They want to end the series on the 10th anniversary of 9/11

ebin
06-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Yep! They want to end the series on the 10th anniversary of 9/11

Ah, makes sense. That's a pretty cool idea, actually.

gschwendt
06-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Saw Rudy post this on twitter:

Steve Carrell leaving The Office after upcoming season (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/06/28/steve-carell-office-exit/).

Flav
06-28-2010, 02:19 PM
:( I just started getting into the office and now that Michael is gone I'm going to be bummed. But some of the stuff he does I get embarrassed for him. haha

JBHuskers
06-29-2010, 01:14 AM
Finally up to par on Rescue Me. Finished the final two episodes of last season. Holy. Shit. Is all I have to say.

skipwondah33
06-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Love Burn Notice...I've seen every season so far but I'm behind this season right now. I caught the 1st episode but the rest are DVR'd and just haven't gotten around to watching them. Probably will check them out later tonight

gschwendt
06-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Love Burn Notice...I've seen every season so far but I'm behind this season right now. I caught the 1st episode but the rest are DVR'd and just haven't gotten around to watching them. Probably will check them out later tonight
It's been pretty good... although there's some potential for a shark jump that's going on now, but then again a lot of the plots they've ran have had that potential and have come out on the other end just fine.

skipwondah33
06-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Yeah I enjoyed 1st episode, not sure if I like the new addition of Jesse but I'll have to see the next few episodes. Damn now I really need to check them.

ebin
06-29-2010, 10:55 AM
Finally up to par on Rescue Me. Finished the final two episodes of last season. Holy. Shit. Is all I have to say.

Just in the nick of time too. I know, right?? They've set the bar pretty high for these last two seasons...

JBHuskers
06-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Just in the nick of time too. I know, right?? They've set the bar pretty high for these last two seasons...

Yeah I purposely hit the hammer to get the 17 episodes I was behind done to get to tonight.

ebin
06-29-2010, 11:18 AM
I'm looking forward to see where they take it from here.

ebin
07-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Yeah I purposely hit the hammer to get the 17 episodes I was behind done to get to tonight.

So... what'd you think?

JBHuskers
07-01-2010, 11:05 AM
So... what'd you think?

It's crazy how so much has changed just in the month Tommy was in the hospital. With the bar, and everything. Mick driving backwards on the interstate was f'n awesome hah. Looks like Franco is going to try to get it on with Janet, that will be interesting.

ebin
07-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Between all the changes and how long it's been since I've seen an episode, it took me most of the show to get a handle on what was going on. Yeah, the scene on the interstate was fantastic. I don't think Tommy and Franco are going to be too friendly this season. Colleen essentially becoming a drunk is an interesting twist; it's a clever way for Tommy to really have to deal with some of those demons. I was actually expecting a little more intensity from the opener, but I still think it's going to be a great season.

JBHuskers
07-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Between all the changes and how long it's been since I've seen an episode, it took me most of the show to get a handle on what was going on. Yeah, the scene on the interstate was fantastic. I don't think Tommy and Franco are going to be too friendly this season. Colleen essentially becoming a drunk is an interesting twist; it's a clever way for Tommy to really have to deal with some of those demons. I was actually expecting a little more intensity from the opener, but I still think it's going to be a great season.

Yeah there wasn't too much punch to the opener, but it was weird for me considering I watched 75% of season five right before six. That's how I noticed so much changed. I mean Tommy left Shiela handcuffed to the bed before he got shot.....but she's crazy and still wants Tommy no matter what and then with Janet moving in with Colleeen and Katy in Colleen's apartment. It just seemed like so much changed, but it was a month later after Tommy got shot.

ebin
07-01-2010, 12:48 PM
You know, I've never actually sat down and watched a whole season in two or three sittings. I imagine it would definitely provide a different perspective. Ha, I'd forgotten that Tommy left Shiela handcuffed to the bed! I really need to go back and rewatch season 5.

hillbill
07-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Yeah there wasn't too much punch to the opener, but it was weird for me considering I watched 75% of season five right before six. That's how I noticed so much changed. I mean Tommy left Shiela handcuffed to the bed before he got shot.....but she's crazy and still wants Tommy no matter what and then with Janet moving in with Colleeen and Katy in Colleen's apartment. It just seemed like so much changed, but it was a month later after Tommy got shot.

I had nearly given up hope on Rescue Me. I thought maybe they cancelled the show. It took my wife and I half the night to remember what all had happened at the end of last season. One of the few shows I have watched religiously. Totally awesome and this season looks like it's going to be a good one.

ebin
07-01-2010, 11:57 PM
I had nearly given up hope on Rescue Me. I thought maybe they cancelled the show. It took my wife and I half the night to remember what all had happened at the end of last season. One of the few shows I have watched religiously. Totally awesome and this season looks like it's going to be a good one.

Yeah, they're stretching out what is basically one seasons worth of episodes into two mini seasons in order for the series finale to air on the 10th anniversary of 9/11. Glad to see another Rescue Me fan on here.

souljahbill
07-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Now that Nip/Tuck is off the air, it's all about House M.D. and Friday Night Lights for me.

JBHuskers
07-12-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm digging the two History Channel shows: Pawn Stars & American Pickers

Kingpin32
07-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Did anyone watch the Kevin Hart stand-up on Comedy Central last night?

HWill
07-12-2010, 06:45 PM
Did anyone watch the Kevin Hart stand-up on Comedy Central last night?

I did. It was hilarious! Especially the part about Shaq.

Kingpin32
07-12-2010, 07:36 PM
I did. It was hilarious! Especially the part about Shaq.

The funniest thing to me was his uncle! Say with your chest!

HWill
07-12-2010, 07:42 PM
The funniest thing to me was his uncle! Say with your chest!

You wanna go night-night? :D

Nothingface
07-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Greatest tv show EVER was Get A Life. It's way back but hopefully someone remembers it!

gschwendt
07-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Greatest tv show EVER was Get A Life. It's way back but hopefully someone remembers it!
Never heard of it but there's a good reason... I hate Chris Elliot.

Nothingface
07-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Never heard of it but there's a good reason... I hate Chris Elliot.

Why did this have to happen....

Kingpin32
07-12-2010, 08:30 PM
You wanna go night-night? :D

1 deep, by myself, gun on my waist, smile on my face. :D :D Best stand up I've heard in a long while.

ebin
07-12-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm digging the two History Channel shows: Pawn Stars & American Pickers

Pawn Stars is great. Old Man is hilarious. Never seen American Pickers. I'll have to check it out.

JBHuskers
07-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Holy shit...what an episode of Rescue Me tonight.

JBHuskers
07-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Pawn Stars is great. Old Man is hilarious. Never seen American Pickers. I'll have to check it out.

Watched a couple Pawn Stars here and there....I get home around 5 so on Mondays its two Pawn Stars, an Amercian Pickers x 3 throughout the night. Last night was the first time I saw American Pickers....pretty good, not as good as Pawn Stars though.

Nothingface
07-13-2010, 10:52 PM
I wish everyday that "The Job" with denis leary never got canceled.

ebin
07-13-2010, 11:31 PM

Damn you! It doesn't come on here for another half hour! :mad: ;)

ebin
07-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Watched a couple Pawn Stars here and there....I get home around 5 so on Mondays its two Pawn Stars, an Amercian Pickers x 3 throughout the night. Last night was the first time I saw American Pickers....pretty good, not as good as Pawn Stars though.

Yeah, the best thing about Pawn Stars is the characters.

JBHuskers
07-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Damn you! It doesn't come on here for another half hour! :mad: ;)

You west coasters :D ;)

JBHuskers
07-14-2010, 12:37 AM
Yeah, the best thing about Pawn Stars is the characters.

This is the first time I've DVR'd new episodes. Going to watch them sometime this week.

From an older episode, that dude with the Paul Revere spoon probably shat himself :D

ebin
07-14-2010, 11:29 AM
You west coasters :D ;)

And then I got so caught up playing NCAA, I still haven't seen it. :D Tonight though.

This is the first time I've DVR'd new episodes. Going to watch them sometime this week.

From an older episode, that dude with the Paul Revere spoon probably shat himself :D

I haven't watched this weeks episodes either. I got sucked into a pawn stars marathon a couple weekends back, but I don't think I saw that one.

JBHuskers
07-14-2010, 12:06 PM
And then I got so caught up playing NCAA, I still haven't seen it. :D Tonight though.

I haven't watched this weeks episodes either. I got sucked into a pawn stars marathon a couple weekends back, but I don't think I saw that one.

He wanted a lavish wedding for his daughter, and had this old spoon. This expert came in and verified that it was legitamately made by Paul Revere, Jr. himself (Junior is the Revere we know about, both Senior and Junior were big silversmiths).....dude got like $8500 for it.

ebin
07-14-2010, 12:29 PM
He wanted a lavish wedding for his daughter, and had this old spoon. This expert came in and verified that it was legitamately made by Paul Revere, Jr. himself (Junior is the Revere we know about, both Senior and Junior were big silversmiths).....dude got like $8500 for it.

I'd probably have to change my underwear too if I sold a spoon for $8500. It's crazy some of the stuff people bring into the shop.

ebin
07-15-2010, 01:56 AM

Now THAT'S the Rescue Me I know and love. Next week's episode looks intense.

JBHuskers
09-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Is anyone going to start watching FX's new series Terriers? I have it on the DVR.

morsdraconis
09-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Is anyone going to start watching FX's new series Terriers? I have it on the DVR.

I might. About the only thing coming on new that I'm definitely going to check out is No Ordinary Family. Besides that, it's tough to find something new that I'm actually interested in.

gschwendt
09-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Is anyone going to start watching FX's new series Terriers? I have it on the DVR.I've added it to my DVR but will probably wait to hear what others think before I waste time watching it.

JBHuskers
09-09-2010, 01:16 AM
I've added it to my DVR but will probably wait to hear what others think before I waste time watching it.

Probably gonna get it watched Friday. Will let you know...creator of The Shield and writer from Ocean's 11, plus FX, it's definitely worth a chance for me.

cdj
09-26-2010, 11:40 AM
So what new shows did you guys watch this past week and like?

I DVRd a bunch, but so far have only watched The Event and Chase. Both seem OK, but after one week I think I prefer Chase of the two. The Event did get better as it went along, so I'll stick with it.

It's not a new show (nearing end of the first season), but I stumbled across The Glades on A&E and it's not a bad show either.

morsdraconis
09-26-2010, 01:48 PM
I checked out Shit My Dad Says (with the man William Shatner) and I thought it was pretty funny. Gonna be one of those shows that has a quirky sense of humor.

Plan on watching No Ordinary Family (though early reviews of the pilot is not good).

Besides that, it's back to the new seasons of the old staples (House, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, and Two and A Half Men).

psuexv
11-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Anybody watch Eastbound and Down? I don't get HBO but heard it's pretty good. Especially with the people that are in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVcniAcWg0Q

I could never act with Will Ferrell. I think I would lose it every take.

Kingpin32
11-11-2010, 01:02 PM
When I had HBO for a brief moment I got to watch it. Very funny if I do say so myself.

gschwendt
11-19-2010, 12:28 AM
For anyone that's not watching Modern Family or Community, you're really missing out, especially this week. Those two with an epic South Park this week has been a hilarious week for TV.

psuexv
11-19-2010, 08:48 AM
For anyone that's not watching Modern Family or Community, you're really missing out, especially this week. Those two with an epic South Park this week has been a hilarious week for TV.

I just starting watching Modern Family as finally got a new Tivo so I can record two shows at once. Must say it was pretty f'in funny.

souljahbill
11-22-2010, 10:24 PM
I rewatched season 4 of Friday Night Lights and it's so sad that season 5 is going to be the last season. Awesome show.

I started watching Parks and Recreation via Netflix. If you take The Office, but actually make it funny, you'll have Parks and Recreation.

I'm currently plowing through the 4th season of 30 Rock also.

JeffHCross
11-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Plus Top Gear debuted on History last night....my roommate said it's pretty good. I'm a big fan of Adam Ferrara, so I'll have to check it out.It was decent, but overall disappointing.

Though it was amusing to see Tanner Foust and recognize him from DiRT 2, not his actual accomplishments.

JBHuskers
11-23-2010, 04:26 PM
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/11/23/cookie-monster-snl/

Cookie Monster to host SNL? LOL

psuexv
11-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Best two Cookie Monster cameos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4-TsaNENo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwvXrkCvN80&feature=related

JBHuskers
11-24-2010, 08:35 AM
:D :D :D

morsdraconis
12-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Is no one watching Stargate Universe? Fuckin' amazing show.

SmoothPancakes
12-03-2010, 05:34 AM
Is no one watching Stargate Universe? Fuckin' amazing show.

Yeah, I never got to see the first episodes of it when it first premiered on TV, so I'm waiting until I can see it all from the beginning and work my way up to the newest episodes. But that's good to hear.

morsdraconis
12-03-2010, 11:46 AM
It's very much like Battlestar Galactica (the new Sci-Fi remake) in it's feel and tone (mainly because it's a lot alike in their situation - stranded on a ship, scouring for food/growing their own) but a way more interesting story arc. I definitely miss the lighthearted comedy of Stargate: SG1 and Atlantis, but it's still incredibly compelling TV and definitely the best science fiction show on TV right now.

SmoothPancakes
12-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Ah yeah, it's been a while since I've seen any of the SG-1 episodes. Some great comedy in that show. I actually got the entire 10 season dvd set for Christmas one year, so I might just have to start popping some of those dvds in whenever free time comes up in the future and make my way through the series again.

JeffHCross
12-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Twitter fail:
@AtlantaJJ did he look rly hurt? arg! stupid dish network. i'd probably be watching this game (colts) anyway, have tamme and blair.
@1moreSlonno Official DISH Feed here,caught your Tweet.Would like to resolve this for you.What's taking place? *JB

Yeah ... "stupid dish network" has nothing to do with something you can resolve.

JBHuskers
12-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Oh I am fucking stoked.....yes for a PBS show LOL

http://video.pbs.org/video/1681462378/

SmoothPancakes
12-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Has anybody else seen The Pacific? It's the sister series to Band of Brothers, following three marines, all in different regiments of the 1st Marine Division during their various involvement in battles such as Guadalcanal, Cape Gloucester, Peleliu, Okinawa and a very little bit of the Battle of Iwo Jima. Being a fan of Band of Brothers, I asked for The Pacific for Christmas and just got done watching it all earlier today and in my opinion, it was damn good. A LOT of action in The Pacific. They were already landing on Guadalcanal within the first 25 minutes of Part One. If you liked Band of Brothers, definitely something to look into.

gschwendt
03-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Mad Men likely to miss this Summer, maybe 2011 altogether (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/23/arts/television/mad-men-fifth-season-date-is-uncertain.html?_r=1&src=ISMR_HP_LO_MST_FB).

gschwendt
03-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Mad Men semi-officially delayed until 2012 (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/30/matthew-weiner-defends-mad-men-standoff/).

cdj
04-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Anyone planning on watching The Killing on AMC tonight?

Just like with The Walking Dead, Dish Network subscribers are in a free trial for a few weeks. Likely enough to get hooked on the show then lose the channel.

gschwendt
04-03-2011, 03:06 PM

Just like with The Walking Dead, Dish Network subscribers are in a free trial for a few weeks. Likely enough to get hooked on the show then lose the channel.
I'm DVRing it... will probably wait to hear reactions though before I sit down and watch it (though will eventually either way). For some reason this one can't seem to grab me with their ads... just don't have a lot of hopes for it, similar to Rubicon in that way.

morsdraconis
04-03-2011, 06:32 PM
I might check it out. Depends on what it's about (haven't even heard about it).

JBHuskers
04-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Something tells me it's just getting buzz because of how well The Walking Dead was....but not sure? I actually hadn't heard of it until CDJ posted that.

gschwendt
04-04-2011, 10:41 AM

Did you watch it? What'd you think? For some reason my DVR didn't pick it up but I imagine it will be replayed at some point this week.

cdj
04-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Watched first hour+. I liked it and from I could tell it was very well-received overall. I'll catch the rest this evening.

psuexv
04-04-2011, 12:00 PM
If any watches Weeds on Showtime, Season 7 kicks off June 27th.

Hopefully they step it up for the last season, the last 2 seasons have been poop.

morsdraconis
04-04-2011, 02:52 PM
If any watches Weeds on Showtime, Season 7 kicks off June 27th.

Hopefully they step it up for the last season, the last 2 seasons have been poop.

It was downhill after she burnt down their house. Should have just ended it there and called it done (as it was an AMAZING show before they kept going after that).

psuexv
04-04-2011, 03:08 PM
It was downhill after she burnt down their house. Should have just ended it there and called it done (as it was an AMAZING show before they kept going after that).

I actually liked it for 1 season after that, when she got mixed up with the Mexican drug lord... well the beginning of that season anyway.

JeffHCross
04-04-2011, 08:23 PM
I liked it when she got naked.

Actually, that's all I've ever watched of it.

morsdraconis
04-04-2011, 10:20 PM
I liked it when she got naked.

Actually, that's all I've ever watched of it.

;)

She is definitely a very beautiful woman, but the show is quite good until I think it was season 3 or 4 and was seriously one of the best shows on TV, period. The character dynamic was quite interesting and watching her deal with increasing issues in very smart ways made for quite great television.

JeffHCross
04-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Well, simple reality for me. No interest in subject matter, no access to channel, and no time to watch another show. Therefore, only redeeming quality is naked Mary-Louise Parker.

psuexv
04-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Well, simple reality for me. No interest in subject matter, no access to channel, and no time to watch another show. Therefore, only redeeming quality is naked Mary-Louise Parker.

It's on Netflix.... seriously a great show for 3 seasons.

psusnoop
04-05-2011, 12:10 PM

:up:

souljahbill
05-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Does anyone else watch Friday Night Lights?

psuexv
05-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Does anyone else watch Friday Night Lights?

The 1st 2 seasons when it was good and then I lost interest. I think when Riggins came back for his 3rd Senior year I quit watching.

morsdraconis
05-05-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm still invested. Waiting for it to be shown on normal television instead of the DirectTV channel.

souljahbill
05-05-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm still invested. Waiting for it to be shown on normal television instead of the DirectTV channel.

They're already 3 episodes deep into the current season on NBC. It's GOOD too. Episode 4 is tomorrow night. I absolutely love the show. It's my favorite drama show ever.

morsdraconis
05-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Ah, well then I guess I've got some catching up to do. Strange that I haven't seen it on the website I go to to download all my TV.

JBHuskers
05-17-2011, 03:06 PM
O rly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scWAETwLojk

gschwendt
05-17-2011, 10:55 PM
Boom Goes the Dynamite Guy is going to be on Tosh.0 next week.

souljahbill
05-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Boom Goes the Dynamite Guy is going to be on Tosh.0 next week.

I need to DVR it. That video was both incredibly sad and incredibly hysterical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morsdraconis
05-18-2011, 12:25 AM
I hate watching shows that actually get fairly interesting toward the end of their first/second season and then come to find out that they've been cancelled. I've now lost 4 shows that I regularly watched to this in just 2011 alone... :(

morsdraconis
06-01-2011, 07:06 PM
If you aren't watching The Game of Thrones, you're doing yourself a grave disservice by missing out on one of the greatest book-to-TV show adaptations ever and probably the best show on TV right now.

JBHuskers
06-01-2011, 11:42 PM
I can't wait til the final season of Rescue Me.

Kingpin32
06-07-2011, 05:15 PM
I don't know if anyone here watches, but White Collar and Covert Affairs return to TV tonight. I love White Collar, and I've never watch Covert Affairs, so I'll stick to USA tonight and watch it.

gschwendt
06-07-2011, 05:18 PM
I don't know if anyone here watches, but White Collar and Covert Affairs return to TV tonight. I love White Collar, and I've never watch Covert Affairs, so I'll stick to USA tonight and watch it.
I really enjoy USA Network's shows... I DVR just about all of them and looking forward to both returning.

Kingpin32
06-07-2011, 05:44 PM
I really enjoy USA Network's shows... I DVR just about all of them and looking forward to both returning.

Yeah they've been really good lately. To me at least they seem to have some of the best lineups on basic cable.

JBHuskers
06-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Almost a month away from the Rescue Me SERIES finale :'(

psuexv
06-08-2011, 08:55 AM

Burn Notice is awesome, they've been running reruns on a local channel and it's great

Flav
06-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Entourage season 8 in a month and 2 weeks. If you tell me you haven't seen Entourage then you need to http://www.apathymachine.com/gallery/d/1874-1/GTFO.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z1yM-JWjQA

JBHuskers
06-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Don't have HBO, so yeah :D

I wish Netflix would add them on instant stream.

psuexv
06-10-2011, 12:49 PM

Replays constantly on Spike

Flav

I purchased mine on amazon. Used seasons are 6-7 dollars. Brand new they are all 40 dollars, so you're saving quite a bit of money. I plan on going on a entourage spree the week before the premiere.

psuexv

Replays constantly on Spike

And it's on Hulu

JBHuskers
06-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Spike won't work cuz I want to start from the beginning. I may look into Hulu. I definitely don't want to pay for Hulu though because I don't like it compared to Netflix.

Flav
06-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Spike won't work cuz I want to start from the beginning. I may look into Hulu. I definitely don't want to pay for Hulu though because I don't like it compared to Netflix.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0007QS324/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1307728327&sr=8-1&condition=used

Used = best.

psuexv
06-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Spike won't work cuz I want to start from the beginning.

I see said the blind carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw

JBHuskers
06-10-2011, 12:53 PM
I see said the blind carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw

Thanks Aesop.

psuexv
06-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks Aesop.

:D

Flav
06-10-2011, 12:56 PM
JB is ignoring me :(

psuexv
06-10-2011, 01:00 PM
JB is ignoring me :(

That's because you are actually saying something with substance ... his brain can't handle it, that's why he hangs out in the nothing thread

JBHuskers
06-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Ha,

Right now I need to unpack before I add more clutter to my new apartment. Hence Instant Stream would be the best.

Flav
06-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Outside of all this, Entourage is probably my favorite/best tv show. :)

Deuce
06-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Anyone a Dual Survival fan? Love this show.

JBHuskers
06-13-2011, 01:25 PM
If you're wondering whether or not the guys on Pawn Stars are making bank? Chumlee just bought a Maserati for $85k.

psuexv
06-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Continuing to watch reruns of Two and Half Men.... I just really don't see how they are going to fit Ashton in

JBHuskers
06-17-2011, 10:52 AM
There are nearly 275 episodes of Cheers. Now that I have my Roku, I'm working on starting from the beginning. Currently on episode five :)

psuexv
06-17-2011, 10:56 AM
There are nearly 275 episodes of Cheers. Now that I have my Roku, I'm working on starting from the beginning. Currently on episode five :)

Jean Claude was great character.... hey Woody, I'm going to steal your girlfriend Woody(in my best French accent)

souljahbill
06-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Since there aren't any hockey games to pre-emp my show, I'll be watching Friday Night Lights tonight. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaymo76
06-19-2011, 01:07 PM
I heard (second hand info) that both THE EVENT and V have been cancelled. If this is true I am going to scream. Sci-fi shows never seem to last.

psuexv
06-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Falling Skies 2 hour premiere tonight :up:

morsdraconis
06-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Yes, both of those shows are cancelled and I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me with Stargate Universe after it was just starting to really get good.

JBHuskers
06-20-2011, 11:26 AM
10 shows down 263 to go on Cheers :D

cdj
06-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Falling Skies 2 hour premiere tonight :up:

What did you think of it? I watched it....seems OK so far.

Going to watch the season finale of The Killing tonight. I've avoided spoilers, but reaction wasn't the highest for it. I thought it was a one season only show, but they recently got picked for another season on AMC.

psuexv
06-20-2011, 11:48 AM

Going to watch the season finale of The Killing tonight. I've avoided spoilers, but reaction wasn't the highest for it. I thought it was a one season only show, but they recently got picked for another season on AMC.

I didn't watch it last night, sitting on my Tivo right now. I tried to get my NCAA tourney game in, but with how that went I wish I would have just watched it. I'm going to check it out tonight.

I wanted to watch the Killing since they did such a good job on The Walking Dead but didn't get a chance to.

psuexv
06-21-2011, 08:29 AM

Watched it last night. I thought it was decent. Definitely an interesting spin they took with having "a village" so to speak of people, usually these types of movies and such are one person or a family running around, I like the fighters vs. eaters. Also cool with also have to fight other people too. Those harness things on the kids are wild.

Also seems to be a trend that The Walking Dead started that you jump right into everything and you don't know how it started.

SmoothPancakes
06-21-2011, 08:52 AM
I'll be honest, I really never got into or was very interested in The Killing. The Walking Dead, I can't WAIT for the second season to come on TV. But The Killing, I don't know if it was the promos and commercials that AMC ran that never really caught my interest, or what, but I just never really grabbed onto it like I did The Walking Dead.

psuexv
06-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Just watched Wilfred premiere on FX... Messed up show but not bad

morsdraconis
06-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Again, Game of Thrones is some of the best TV on and it's sad that millions of people are missing it because of the outrageous prices that HBO charges for their channel.

ram29jackson
06-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Continuing to watch reruns of Two and Half Men.... I just really don't see how they are going to fit Ashton in

I think the more important question is- why are you watching a cheesy sitcom?:D

ram29jackson
06-23-2011, 10:12 PM
I heard (second hand info) that both THE EVENT and V have been cancelled. If this is true I am going to scream. Sci-fi shows never seem to last.

nope, they just end up on the sci fi network along with cheesy horror flicks:D

psuexv
06-23-2011, 11:13 PM
I think the more important question is- why are you watching a cheesy sitcom?:D

Cheesy? Nothing cheesy about a womanizing, drunk, rich dude and a dumb as nails kid.... Real life drama :nod:

Deuce
06-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Just watched Wilfred premiere on FX... Messed up show but not bad

Watched this last night as well. I liked it. We'll see how it progresses.

psusnoop
06-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Cheesy? Nothing cheesy about a womanizing, drunk, rich dude and a dumb as nails kid.... Real life drama :nod:

psuexv
06-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Again, Game of Thrones is some of the best TV on and it's sad that millions of people are missing it because of the outrageous prices that HBO charges for their channel.

Yeah this is the 2nd show right now on HBO that I want to watch. I also want to watch Eastbound and down

ram29jackson
06-24-2011, 01:01 PM

too many damn PSU names to keep track of around here:D

ram29jackson
06-24-2011, 01:06 PM
...I dont watch shows of any kind too much any more. Like sitcoms or hour dramas, I dont keep track of much..the formulas are too basic, typical and at times dumb. Its basically been finding a movie on tv or the NFL network haha

psuexv
06-30-2011, 09:12 PM
CDJ... You watch this weeks Falling Skies? The freaking ending was awesome

psuexv
06-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Also caught the premiere if Weeds, started off slow but was pretty good. Hopefully they take this season out on a high note

morsdraconis
06-30-2011, 10:44 PM
CDJ... You watch this weeks Falling Skies? The freaking ending was awesome

I agree. At first, I wasn't too sure about Falling Skies, but man, it's really growing on me. I'm interested to see what direction they go with it.

psuexv
07-01-2011, 11:07 PM
I agree. At first, I wasn't too sure about Falling Skies, but man, it's really growing on me. I'm interested to see what direction they go with it.

Yeah so far so good. I was a little disappointed when the "fixed" the boy already but glad the turn they took.

Nothingface
07-02-2011, 01:49 AM
Just got into Sons of Anarchy on netflix. I digging it.

psuexv
07-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Mors- you watch Falling Skies this week?

so you think the kids are tied to the aliens? Seems like that's why those kids started to die, since they killed that one

morsdraconis
07-11-2011, 09:15 PM
No, unfortunately not yet, but I'm about to right now. Can't wait!

psuexv
07-11-2011, 09:37 PM
No, unfortunately not yet, but I'm about to right now. Can't wait!

If was my favorite episode so far

morsdraconis
07-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Mors- you watch Falling Skies this week?

so you think the kids are tied to the aliens? Seems like that's why those kids started to die, since they killed that one

I'm not sure what to think right now. Part of me wants there to be a connection between them and part of me isn't sure where they are going with it. I'm definitely interested in the show but I'm wary of where they are going with it. I hope that there is more to be garnered about the aliens as I think having a complex and original background for an alien invasion story definitely makes it that much more interesting. I'm interested to see why the aliens are using the children as slaves. I'm interested to see why they can nonchalantly kill them like they did in the previous episode yet appear to have some weird maternal connection to them (as shown in this episode with the alien basically being a hen laying on it's chicks, protecting them). I'm very much interested to learn more about the mechs various flying ships that they use as well (are they piloted by one of the aliens, are they remotely controlled by a central control system, etc).

It definitely is leaving me with questions and since there is definitely gonna be a 2nd season (picked up the other day by TNT), I'm really hoping they have a solid plan for the series and don't end up winging it like Lost did.

JBHuskers
07-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Rescue Me series finale Wednesday.....damn I can't wait to see how they end this show.

bdoughty
07-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Rescue Me series finale Wednesday.....damn I can't wait to see how they end this show.

My guess is Tommy, drunk on Vodka in the Burning Building.

I think this one drug out too long. I think season 5 would have been the perfect ending with Tommy being shot by his Uncle in the bar.

psuexv
07-12-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm not sure what to think right now. Part of me wants there to be a connection between them and part of me isn't sure where they are going with it. I'm definitely interested in the show but I'm wary of where they are going with it. I hope that there is more to be garnered about the aliens as I think having a complex and original background for an alien invasion story definitely makes it that much more interesting. I'm interested to see why the aliens are using the children as slaves. I'm interested to see why they can nonchalantly kill them like they did in the previous episode yet appear to have some weird maternal connection to them (as shown in this episode with the alien basically being a hen laying on it's chicks, protecting them). I'm very much interested to learn more about the mechs various flying ships that they use as well (are they piloted by one of the aliens, are they remotely controlled by a central control system, etc).

It definitely is leaving me with questions and since there is definitely gonna be a 2nd season (picked up the other day by TNT), I'm really hoping they have a solid plan for the series and don't end up winging it like Lost did.

I'd have to agree. If there is going to be a connection I really hope they write it well. It could be so much better than just aliens invading for no real reason. I think the reason those kids were executed was because that one was captured and it was "parent" to those kids since it still had a connection with the 1st kid they saved.

morsdraconis
07-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Thoughts on episode 6 psu?

psuexv
07-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Thoughts on episode 6 psu?

I only got to watch half of it, some reason my DVR only recorded 30 min. I'm recording it again tonight at 1am.

From what I saw, pretty good. I did have one question and maybe they show it later in the episode, but what happened to the POW? They're packing up and don't show it. They mentioned killing it last episode but they didn't did they?

morsdraconis
07-18-2011, 09:24 PM
I only got to watch half of it, some reason my DVR only recorded 30 min. I'm recording it again tonight at 1am.

From what I saw, pretty good. I did have one question and maybe they show it later in the episode, but what happened to the POW? They're packing up and don't show it. They mentioned killing it last episode but they didn't did they?

The doctor killed it to figure out how to easily kill them. Apparently they have a gland inside their mouth that you can take a knife (or scalpel in her case) and hit it and it pretty much kills them instantly.

As for episode 6:

VERY interesting. The skitters are desperate enough for these kids to actually work with humans that are willing to get them more so there definitely must be something very important that these kids give them (but not important enough for them not to kill the bunch that they killed a few episodes back).

psuexv
07-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Oh, I didn't think she killed it, just knocked it out like the dude did when he shoved the gun in it's mouth.

That's an interesting turn, I'm pumped to watch the 2nd half of this episode

psuexv
07-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Dude, that ending was nucking futs!!!!! Completely caught me off guard

gschwendt
07-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Dude, that ending was nucking futs!!!!! Completely caught me off guard
I actually expected it from the moment he said "hey, give me yo kids". I'm curious at this point why he suggested the one guy come along even though he's an adult and a father of the first rescued kid. Unless he plans to somehow convince him of some good they can do or something and it relates to his kid.

morsdraconis
07-19-2011, 10:23 PM
I actually expected it from the moment he said "hey, give me yo kids". I'm curious at this point why he suggested the one guy come along even though he's an adult and a father of the first rescued kid. Unless he plans to somehow convince him of some good they can do or something and it relates to his kid.

I was wondering the same thing. It could be that, or it could be, since they're friends from before, maybe he thinks he'll understand his reasoning for doing it. All I know is, I didn't expect it at all. I just hope they're really going somewhere with all this and it's not Lost. Please god don't be Lost!

baseballplyrmvp
07-19-2011, 10:29 PM
anyone watch wipeout? some of this stuff is hilarious!

SmoothPancakes
07-19-2011, 10:51 PM
anyone watch wipeout? some of this stuff is hilarious!

I came across that show tonight. It reminds me A LOT of the old MXC (Most Extreme Elimination Challenge) show on SpikeTV, that used re-edited and dubbed footage from an old Japanese game show from the late 80s called Takeshi's Castle.

baseballplyrmvp
07-19-2011, 11:01 PM
I came across that show tonight. It reminds me A LOT of the old MXC (Most Extreme Elimination Challenge) show on SpikeTV, that used re-edited and dubbed footage from an old Japanese game show from the late 80s called Takeshi's Castle.

ya, wipeout is basically the American version of MXC. just as funny though. :D

SmoothPancakes
07-19-2011, 11:11 PM
ya, wipeout is basically the American version of MXC. just as funny though. :D

Yeah, I was cracking up over and over tonight watching Wipeout. It pretty much is watching a modern version of MXC. Every time they'd get flattened by one of the obstacles and knocked on their ass into the water or mud or whatnot, oh man, that reminded me of the good times sitting there at 1 or 2am watching MXC. :D

morsdraconis
07-19-2011, 11:12 PM
:smh:

That stuff is so damn silly...

SmoothPancakes
07-19-2011, 11:15 PM

That stuff is so damn silly...

True, very true. But it's worth a few laughs watching people make themselves look like a bunch of stupid asses when there's nothing else to watch on tv at that time.

baseballplyrmvp
07-19-2011, 11:22 PM

That stuff is so damn silly...mors, how is this not funny?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5pJ1tAWQ8s

morsdraconis
07-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Ok, I gotta admit, it's kinda funny, but, at the same time, it's no where close to the comedy of MXC. The color commentators for it were FAR funnier than the ones for Wipeout.

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Ok, I gotta admit, it's kinda funny, but, at the same time, it's no where close to the comedy of MXC. The color commentators for it were FAR funnier than the ones for Wipeout.

Yeah, the commentary doesn't even deserve to be in the same sentence as MXC. MXC's commentary was gold.

morsdraconis
07-20-2011, 05:02 PM
And the commentary is where the real comedy is. People getting the shit knocked out of them isn't really that funny just like America's Funniest Home Videos basically showing nothing but baby videos, dumb ass animal videos, and people getting kicked/hit in the nuts. Physical comedy like that just isn't funny.

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2011, 05:05 PM
And the commentary is where the real comedy is. People getting the shit knocked out of them isn't really that funny just like America's Funniest Home Videos basically showing nothing but baby videos, dumb ass animal videos, and people getting kicked/hit in the nuts. Physical comedy like that just isn't funny.

Yep. I'm still pissed at Spike TV for ending MXC. That was comedic gold. I would sit up at 1 or 2am or whenever it was that it came on late at night, even when still in high school during the first year or two it was on, just to watch it because it was hilarious and it was the commentary that really set it over the top.

baseballplyrmvp
07-20-2011, 10:38 PM
Yeah, the commentary doesn't even deserve to be in the same sentence as MXC. MXC's commentary was gold.

:nod:

meat handlers vs cartoon voice actors :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWghNd1lpQE

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2011, 10:49 PM
:D I was watching that exact video earlier not long after my last post in this thread. I was happy to see MXC able to live on via YouTube. :nod:

psuexv
07-21-2011, 12:20 PM

I was wondering the same thing. It could be that, or it could be, since they're friends from before, maybe he thinks he'll understand his reasoning for doing it. All I know is, I didn't expect it at all. I just hope they're really going somewhere with all this and it's not Lost. Please god don't be Lost!

He could use that dude's kid as leverage for help. He lost him once, desperately tried to get him back and succeeded. He's vulnerable.

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 12:59 PM
He could use that dude's kid as leverage for help. He lost him once, desperately tried to get him back and succeeded. He's vulnerable.

What show is this for :D I lost track....

I need to watch last night's Rescue Me ASAP.

psuexv
07-21-2011, 01:02 PM
What show is this for :D I lost track....

I need to watch last night's Rescue Me ASAP.

Falling Skies

texacotea
07-21-2011, 01:15 PM
I would love to try my hand at the WIPEOUT course though. looks to be quiet fun

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Falling Skies

I forgot to start DVR'ing that show....and I started DVR'ing Franklin & Bash, and couldn't keep up because Time Warner's DVR has such small storage for HD. So hoping these come to Netflix sooner than later.

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 01:16 PM
I would love to try my hand at the WIPEOUT course though. looks to be quiet fun

In my in-shape days, I'd 110% have a go at it.

texacotea
07-21-2011, 01:16 PM
In my in-shape days, I'd 110% have a go at it.

in-shape, outa-shape it dont matter look at those fools on there.

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2011, 01:18 PM

That's the keyword. :D

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 01:19 PM

Yeah but I'm pretty sure I could come close to acing that course in my "prime".

texacotea
07-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Yeah but I'm pretty sure I could come close to acing that course in my "prime".

I agree, i feel like I could/coulda. (still like to think im sorta there) just punish those ppl.

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 08:37 PM
CBS has a new reality show called Same Name that debuts next week. It basically meets up celebrities with a very recognizable name with someone in real life who has the very same name, and after they meet, they switch roles.....Hasselhoff, Mike Tyson, Kathy Griffin, and Reggie Bush are among those in this debut season. Looks pretty interesting.

baseballplyrmvp
07-21-2011, 08:58 PM
i forget what i was watching last night, but there was a clip of a new show debuting in a couple of weeks, where 2 people are given a briefcase containing $100,000. if they can hide the briefcase successfully from the cops and detectives for like 2 days or something, then they get to keep it. thats all i caught of it, but it sounds pretty good.

gschwendt
07-21-2011, 09:17 PM
i forget what i was watching last night, but there was a clip of a new show debuting in a couple of weeks, where 2 people are given a briefcase containing $100,000. if they can hide the briefcase successfully from the cops and detectives for like 2 days or something, then they get to keep it. thats all i caught of it, but it sounds pretty good.
Sounds interesting... I imagine it stems from people always thinking they could outwit the cops if they ever did commit a crime. I wonder if they'll actually choose intelligent people or intentionally choose the lowest of the low to see how dumb they are.

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2011, 09:32 PM

Were there limitations on where they can hide it? Like is it required to be hidden someone on their property or something? If not, damn, let me on that show. They could have a whole year, they'd never find that briefcase.

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Sounds interesting... I imagine it stems from people always thinking they could outwit the cops if they ever did commit a crime. I wonder if they'll actually choose intelligent people or intentionally choose the lowest of the low to see how dumb they are.

I'm gonna guess lowest of the low, like every other "game" show in history. Just look at that Wipeout show. Some of those people seriously make me :fp:.

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 09:34 PM

I've seen previews for that show too...that looks good also.

ram29jackson
07-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Oh, I didn't think she killed it, just knocked it out like the dude did when he shoved the gun in it's mouth.

That's an interesting turn, I'm pumped to watch the 2nd half of this episode

I only watch the show because of the nurse LOL the show is as dumb a premise as the rest of tv.
Whats with all these stupid shows? whats with all this fantasy crap in melodrama form? Young looking Vampires and werewolves living like a frat house and youre suppose to care for their poor lives LOL .

what ever the name of that zombie crap is? formula = shoot-run - argue-shoot-run-argue--look at another extra in bad make up - run- shoot- argue.. :D

and all these stupid, politically correct, cop and investigation shows where theres absolutely no violence and the heavy just gives in at the end :D

and now they want to re-do planet of the apes just because they can make mass amounts of them on a computer screen without having a guy in a suit/make up :D
that was dumb too but it was the 70s :D

YOU DAMN DIRTY APE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKdSXfPl8vY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb4eZ7Z5yk8&NR=1

ram29jackson
07-21-2011, 09:56 PM

Its a tv show = its fake anyway, and they are getting paid to be on the show in the first place.

baseballplyrmvp
07-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Sounds interesting... I imagine it stems from people always thinking they could outwit the cops if they ever did commit a crime. I wonder if they'll actually choose intelligent people or intentionally choose the lowest of the low to see how dumb they are.here's the abc link:

http://abc.go.com/shows/take-the-money-and-run/about-the-show

JBHuskers
07-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Mad Men just added to Netflix Instant Stream, been wanting to check out this show.

psuexv
07-28-2011, 01:16 PM
oops

morsdraconis
08-01-2011, 12:27 PM
So, nothing about last night's episode of Falling Skies?

I'm very interested to see where this is going now. The new alien threat is definitely interesting and finding out that the skitters are actually the kids is VERY interesting. Sad that next week's episode is the season finale, but it's a two hour finale at least so, hopefully, they really get some interesting stuff happening.

Will be interesting to see if the news of the skitters possibly being people's children will lead to some major character issues (like the doctor killing that skitter in cold blood) and whether or not it will change the whole idea of bringing the fight to them like they plan to do.

I do find it kinda silly that no one had decided to completely dissect the skitters yet. You would think the first thing that someone with at least rudimentary knowledge of biology would be incredibly eager to dissect them and figure out as much as possible about them.

psuexv
08-01-2011, 12:29 PM

I'm very interested to see where this is going now. The new alien threat is definitely interesting and finding out that the skitters are actually the kids is VERY interesting. Sad that next week's episode is the season finale, but it's a two hour finale at least so, hopefully, they really get some interesting stuff happening.

Will be interesting to see if the news of the skitters possibly being people's children will lead to some major character issues (like the doctor killing that skitter in cold blood) and whether or not it will change the whole idea of bringing the fight to them like they plan to do.

I do find it kinda silly that no one had decided to completely dissect the skitters yet. You would think the first thing that someone with at least rudimentary knowledge of biology would be incredibly eager to dissect them and figure out as much as possible about them.

It's sitting on my DVR to be watched tonight. :up:

gschwendt
08-01-2011, 01:22 PM
It's sitting on my DVR to be watched tonight. :up:
Same.

baseballplyrmvp
08-01-2011, 07:24 PM
take the money and run starts tomorrow night. 9 pm. sounds interesting to me at least.

psuexv
08-01-2011, 08:50 PM

ok that was interesting. G and I were talking last week about some sort if mutation but didn't foresee them actually being skitters.

I don't see and issues with killing them as they are turned and people already don't like Ben and that other kid.

I take it the other kid is going to run back and spill the plan to fight them.

morsdraconis
08-01-2011, 10:29 PM
ok that was interesting. G and I were talking last week about some sort if mutation but didn't foresee them actually being skitters.

I don't see and issues with killing them as they are turned and people already don't like Ben and that other kid.

I take it the other kid is going to run back and spill the plan to fight them.

Most definitely. The kid is basically not human anymore anyway. He's constantly referring to everyone else as humans and such.

Yeah, I definitely didn't expect the skitters being humans mutated. It's interesting that Ben isn't being affected like the black kid is (thinking he's part of the skitter collective instead of loose from them and such).

This new alien looks familiar (like I've seen them from something else), but I can't quite put my finger on it.

I'm glad that there have been answers to some of my questions so far with the show:

Why are they harnessing the kids? Because they actually become the ground forces for the aliens.
Why were the harnessed kids gathering scrap metal? Material to build the aliens' home base.

Of course, there are plenty of questions still left, but, that's what makes the show intriguing, the unanswered questions.

psuexv
08-02-2011, 09:05 AM
This new alien looks familiar (like I've seen them from something else), but I can't quite put my finger on it.

They remind me of the Kaminos for Attack of the Clones
http://content6.flixster.com/photo/10/60/98/10609864_gal.jpg

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 09:10 AM
TMZ reports the season premiere of 2 & 1/2 Men will start with Charlie's funeral.

psuexv
08-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Most definitely. The kid is basically not human anymore anyway. He's constantly referring to everyone else as humans and such.

Yeah, I definitely didn't expect the skitters being humans mutated. It's interesting that Ben isn't being affected like the black kid is (thinking he's part of the skitter collective instead of loose from them and such).

I'm glad that there have been answers to some of my questions so far with the show:

Why are they harnessing the kids? Because they actually become the ground forces for the aliens.
Why were the harnessed kids gathering scrap metal? Material to build the aliens' home base.

Of course, there are plenty of questions still left, but, that's what makes the show intriguing, the unanswered questions.

The only thing that I don't understand about the skitters used to be kids, from all accounts it seems like skitters were always around from the beginning of the attacks. Where did the original Skitters come from? The process takes awhile to happen, look at Ben and the other kid. I'm assuming the attacks started happening about 10 months ago(based on the pregnant women who said she got pregnant right before the attacks). The doctor just said that Ben was harnessed for months, we once again where did the original skitters come from?

Tons of questions to be answered, why are they building these structures if like the old lady says they want to eliminate all the people anyway?

I do agree with G though in the fact that they run through story lines too quickly, the trading kids thing should have been longer than one episode. What happened to all those people, what did the aliens say when they came back and there were no more kids to trade?

Also glad they brought back the blond girl that got captured, was wondering if they ever were.

psuexv
08-02-2011, 09:11 AM
TMZ reports the season premiere of 2 & 1/2 Men will start with Charlie's funeral.

I guess there's no chance of a comeback....

SmoothPancakes
08-02-2011, 08:47 PM
take the money and run starts tomorrow night. 9 pm. sounds interesting to me at least.

So, this show isn't too bad.

I don't know if it's going to take place in San Francisco every episode, but regardless, they get an hour to hide the briefcase anywhere they want. Then the detectives have 48 hours, using GPS, cell phone records, call logs, etc, to figure out the routes they took, find out who they contacted, and then try and figure out where they hid the briefcase at. Currently, at 9:46pm ET, less than 20 hours remain and they haven't found it yet.

SmoothPancakes
08-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Take the Money & Run comment...

Oh for fuck's sake. :fp:

They just lost out on $100,000 because the one stupid ass brother couldn't take being locked up in a windowless, empty jail cell for 48 hours. He just told the interrogators practically exactly where the damn thing was. :fp: The detectives found it with just hours left to go.

If I was his brother, I'd slap the shit out of him when we both got released from jail.

morsdraconis
08-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Good of the "detectives" to use the idiot's fears against him.

SmoothPancakes
08-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Good of the "detectives" to use the idiot's fears against him.

Well, the interrogators they have to grill and hammer the people, are pretty good.

The recurring cast includes the interrogators: Paul Bishop and Mary Hanlon Stone.

Bishop is a writer and LAPD detective. He has published many books and written many episodes for television. He is currently the supervisor of a sex crimes unit. Stone is a deputy district attorney with the office of the Los Angeles County District Attorney.

So people trying to lie and throw them off the trail are going to have a hard time with those two across the table.

And doing some research, the locations do change from episode to episode. This first one was in San Francisco, the next one is I have no clue where.

As for tonight's episode, I knew it was going to be the fat ass who would break down and give in. :fp: As I saw him start to go more and more mental the longer he sat in that jail cell, and the more Bishop and Stone were grilling his ass, I couldn't stop thinking of Fat Ass from The Shawshank Redemption.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCaxf_Px6Nc

morsdraconis
08-02-2011, 09:37 PM
I always feel sorry for him getting the shit kicked out of him in that...

baseballplyrmvp
08-02-2011, 09:41 PM
thanks for ruining it for me, flapjack :down:

SmoothPancakes
08-02-2011, 09:52 PM
I always feel sorry for him getting the shit kicked out of him in that...

Yeah, I do too.

thanks for ruining it for me, flapjack :down:

Sorry about that man. :( :( :( I was thinking you would be watching it at the same time I was. I just went back and edited in spoilers to all my posts to keep others from seeing what happened if they haven't watched yet.

baseballplyrmvp
08-02-2011, 09:53 PM
i was kiddin. :D lol no worries dude.

SmoothPancakes
08-02-2011, 09:56 PM
i was kiddin. :D lol no worries dude.

Damn you! :D I thought you were serious. Well, I still leave the spoilers in, as well put in spoilers for future episodes, along the lines of the Falling Skies commentary, to keep from ruining anything for those who have it DVR'd.

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 10:29 PM
I think Rescue Me has run its course, but I still think this last season will be a doozy.

baseballplyrmvp
08-02-2011, 11:10 PM
burying the briefcase was too damn obvious

SmoothPancakes
08-02-2011, 11:30 PM
burying the briefcase was too damn obvious

Agreed. Though they did have the detectives thrown off for most of the time. It wasn't until the one brother talked that they knew they had the right location.

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 11:51 PM
So, this show isn't too bad.

I don't know if it's going to take place in San Francisco every episode, but regardless, they get an hour to hide the briefcase anywhere they want. Then the detectives have 48 hours, using GPS, cell phone records, call logs, etc, to figure out the routes they took, find out who they contacted, and then try and figure out where they hid the briefcase at. Currently, at 9:46pm ET, less than 20 hours remain and they haven't found it yet.

Thought about DVR'ing it, but never did.

SmoothPancakes
08-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Thought about DVR'ing it, but never did.

Yeah, I almost forgot it was even on tonight. It's really pretty decent. How good it can be depends on whether they get decent people to be on the show or end up having a bunch of the top 1% of idiots in the US on the show. If they get good people, who will actually think things through on what they do during their hour, where they hide the briefcase, what steps they take to try and throw the detectives and interrogators off their trail (phone calls, stops made, etc), it could be a really good show.

JBHuskers
08-05-2011, 02:16 PM
New show American Horror Story starting up on FX in October, wonder what this will be about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bZIkqirKVY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKmxJ_7_lr4

psuexv
08-05-2011, 02:45 PM
New show American Horror Story starting up on FX in October, wonder what this will be about.

Interesting version of Tainted Love playing in that second one.

psuexv
08-05-2011, 02:52 PM
So Ryan Murphy is doing it, that's cool. From everything that people say Glee is a really good show.

JBHuskers
08-05-2011, 02:54 PM
So Ryan Murphy is doing it, that's cool. From everything that people say Glee is a really good show.

Some Nip/Tuck guys have a hand in it too.

psuexv
08-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Some Nip/Tuck guys have a hand in it too.

Cool, never got into that one but my wife used to watch it and said it was awesome

psuexv
08-05-2011, 03:08 PM
JB - don't you have that app that's better than Shazam, see if you can find that Tainted Love song, Shazam won't pick it up

JBHuskers
08-05-2011, 03:25 PM
JB - don't you have that app that's better than Shazam, see if you can find that Tainted Love song, Shazam won't pick it up

Soundhound, yep.

I can try it when I get home.

gschwendt
08-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Soundhound doesn't recognize it.

psuexv
08-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Soundhound doesn't recognize it.

:down: Thanks G

psuexv
08-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Looks like it's a take on this but this doesn't have words - http://www.amazon.com/Tainted-Love-Made-Famous-Soft/dp/B000VW5PE8

psuexv
08-05-2011, 03:38 PM
I gotta get this for the baby to listen to - http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Goes-Hair-Metal/dp/B000VW7RJ4/ref=sr_shvl_album_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1312576196&sr=301-3

psuexv
08-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Falling Skies.... Summer 2012???? WTF... 8 months off?

psuexv
08-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Got to say I was disappointed in the finale

morsdraconis
08-07-2011, 11:32 PM
:(

I haven't watched it yet. Now I don't know if I even want to. Yet another TV show where it's like, "What's the point?"

It seems completely obvious to me that it's disliked enough to where it won't last long so, even if it does start to get good, it's not gonna last long enough to do anything with it.