PDA

View Full Version : Rating All The College Football Uniforms

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 02:35 AM
bleacher report- if you have time to click through some of it for an opinion or 2
ratings-timeless- eh - or - due for a change

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/722256-college-football-ranking-every-teams-uni-as-timeless-eh-or-due-for-a-change

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2011, 02:45 AM
Just glancing at the front page of the article/slideshow, for the record, unless I am completely missing something else on that page, it appears your thread title is incorrect. It's not rating all of the college football uniforms, it's just rating the 20 worst college football uniforms. Not really any big deal, just figured I'd point that out for others reading this thread.

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 02:58 AM
Just glancing at the front page of the article/slideshow, for the record, unless I am completely missing something else on that page, it appears your thread title is incorrect. It's not rating all of the college football uniforms, it's just rating the 20 worst college football uniforms. Not really any big deal, just figured I'd point that out for others reading this thread.

now its on the correct article

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 03:03 AM
Ark State - number 8

Eh

Right now, Arkansas State has good luck with their uniforms, but the problem is, not many people know that. If they were to update their jerseys, it would go unnoticed.

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 03:05 AM
number 9 Army

Due for a Change

Much like Air Force, I believe that the Army uniform could be better; we owe it to those men. When they have broken out the camouflage uniforms, it is a good look, and one they should consider going to full time

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 03:07 AM
Auburn 10

Timeless

Much like their rival, Auburn has a uniform that will stand the test of time. Sometimes it is ok to mess with the combination of pants and jerseys, but there will not be a change to the overall uniform anytime soon.

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2011, 03:08 AM
Sweet. Thanks for the correction. I wasn't sure if it was just a accidental mis-title by you or a wrong link or something, so just figured I'd point that out. Thanks for getting the right link up. I'll have to take a look through when I get a chance.

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 03:09 AM
Boise 13

Eh

Boise State has received recent changes to their jerseys, and for the most part, it went unnoticed. For the most part, not many would notice another change, unless they switched the color of their field

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 03:10 AM
Sweet. Thanks for the correction. I wasn't sure if it was just a accidental mis-title by you or a wrong link or something, so just figured I'd point that out. Thanks for getting the right link up. I'll have to take a look through when I get a chance.

:nod: dang site loads slow :D

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 03:12 AM
Boston College 14
Timeless

While the jersey style has been updated, the colors and overall look is something that should not be messed with. People will always remember Doug Flutie running around the field after his hail mary pass, and that memory would lose something if Boston College was to change their uniforms.

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 03:14 AM
15 Bowling Green- funny
Eh

Even if you are a hardcore Bowling Green fan, you may be indifferent on an uniform change. For the most part, if Bowling Green was to do anything, it would go unnoticed nationally.

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 03:17 AM
Cal 18
they knock Cal's uni's, but I like them

Eh

Cal has made some changes with their uniforms over the past few years, and they have gone largely unnoticed. I would bet that another change would have the same result.

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 03:19 AM
Clemson 21, timeless? seem kind of trendy with all purple...?

Timeless

This look that Clemson broke out is something that I believe will end up being timeless. While they have made some changes to the overall look, this is a combination that Clemson should use more.

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 03:21 AM
Colorado State 23..dont you dare change the horns on the helmet

Due for a Change

It doesn't take long for you to see something that must change from the Colorado State uniform. Start with the helmet and work your way down; it's time for a complete change

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2011, 03:29 AM
At least when it comes to the service academies, I think this guy is a moron. All three academies, according to him, are due for a change because "they're not patriotic enough". What, all three need to have uniforms that look like the American flag to be good enough and patriotic enough? Navy's uniform has become a classic over the years, and outside of their Dress Blues uniform that they wore in the Army-Navy game in tribute to the Marine Corps, it'd be criminal to go and change up the entire Navy uniform solely because it's "not patriotic enough".

Army is the same. Their uniforms are actually nice and different from the usual and have become a symbol of Army football over the years. Army pulls the black and gold off very well. Though I also wouldn't necessarily complain if they were to go full time to the camo uniforms. Those do look damn good.

Air Force is the only one that I do agree needs a change. Their uniforms are pretty plain, at least the whites. The blues aren't too bad, but the whites, they need to do something with because they are definitely nothing special.

Also, in random glancing through what I have so far, this guy seems to have a serious hate for the color black. It seems like most teams with black uniforms, this guy is saying needs to be changed immediately, or at eh but they should still look into a change sometime in the future.

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2011, 03:42 AM
Some more things noticed. Apparently the only schools/uniforms worthy of timeless status have to belong to BCS conferences or have to have long, storied histories. The only teams not in a BCS conference with a timeless rating are BYU, Marshall and Utah.

And his reason to rating Toledo as Eh is absolutely stupid. Toledo's uniforms get a rating of Eh because "it's another small school in Ohio that is living in Ohio State's shadow." What the hell does them being in a small school in Ohio, a state, yes, dominated by Ohio State, have anything to do with how their uniforms rate? I thought the point was to rate these teams on their uniforms themselves, not on what state the teams are in and what other teams are in the same state.

Same thing with Western Michigan. "Like other small programs, Western Michigan falls into the eh category, because if they were or weren't to make a change, not many would notice." Again, what the hell does it matter if many people would take notice if they were or weren't to make a change? If you're going to rate uniforms, rate them based on the uniform itself, not if people will or wouldn't notice that the school had made a change. What an idiot. I sure as hell hope he isn't making his living as a writer, cause if he is, he must be one poor ass person based on the quality of this article. :fp:

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 05:00 AM
its just opinion ,tabloid fodder to start something. I'm sure he purposely does it for reaction. Because ultimately no one is right or wrong with stuff like this...although the camouflage look is interesting , I dont think it qualifies as full time football uniform.

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2011, 05:39 AM
its just opinion ,tabloid fodder to start something. I'm sure he purposely does it for reaction. Because ultimately no one is right or wrong with stuff like this...although the camouflage look is interesting , I dont think it qualifies as full time football uniform.

Oh I know it's nothing more than that. I'm just saying, if you're going to make some giant article/slide show like that, all about rating the uniforms of all the football teams, then actually talk about the specific things about the actual uniforms for your reason why this school gets this and that school gets that. Saying (using the Toledo and WMU examples I pointed out earlier) that a school's uniform gets a rating of Eh simply because they're a small program in a state dominated by a major, top level program, or because they're such a small program that hardly anyone nationwide would notice whether they changed their uniforms or not, again, what the hell does that have to do with the uniforms themselves?

He needs to just talk about the uniforms themselves and not sit there coming up with random, stupid as hell excuses for why he rated this uniform this way and that uniform that way. Is the uniform too busy? Is it too plain and bland like (sorry to our resident fans if any of them for some reason take issue with my comment) Penn State's unis? Is it just plain ugly as hell like a couple of the many Oregon uniforms have been? Is it actually a sharp looking uniform that plays well to the school's colors and is pulled off very well? Is it iconic (e.g., Michigan)?

He needs to actually look at stuff like that instead of using excuses like "well, it's such a tiny, worthless program that no one would know (or probably care) whether they changed their uniforms or not, so they get an Eh rating" because he's not willing to put full, actual, real effort into the entire thing besides talking about specifics for the major programs like Auburn, Alabama, Michigan, and other top level programs in college football. Sure, it really is not that big of a deal, and it's just some random thing on B/R, but as a former sports writer for the local newspaper years ago, seeing stuff like this with reasons for various stuff like these ratings that have absolutely nothing to do with the whole premise behind the article, it just annoys me to no end.

souljahbill
06-12-2011, 08:25 AM
This was dumb. A little school with a plain get-up would be "Eh" or "Time for a Change" but a big school with something just as plain is "Timeless." The criteria for what makes what isn't consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gschwendt
06-12-2011, 09:57 AM
This was dumb. A little school with a plain get-up would be "Eh" or "Time for a Change" but a big school with something just as plain is "Timeless." The criteria for what makes what isn't consistent.

Yeah, I really don't like bleacherreports because they're all written by fans with strongly biased opinions.

jaymo76
06-12-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm glad they put down my ASU Sun Devils as in need of a change re: the NEW UNIS. I just don't like them at all and want to see Sparky back. Simply put, bring Sparky back and dump the black. ASU may not be a power programme but they have a rich history and a story behind their unis. Personally I really liked the unis from last season.

Boucher
06-12-2011, 02:56 PM
LOL BR

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I really don't like bleacherreports because they're all written by fans with strongly biased opinions.

what do you mean ? how does someone submit something on bleacher report? ..and after all, being a sports fan is really nothing but a strongly biased opinion haha

ram29jackson
06-27-2012, 06:12 PM
heres some more bleacher report sillyness..but I like pictures of helmets so LOL

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/825171-50-college-football-helmet-designs-that-should-never-be-altered/#/articles/825171-50-college-football-helmet-designs-that-should-never-be-altered

for the record= Ark State is number 7