PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 12: 24-Minute Challenge

cdj
06-08-2011, 09:56 AM
http://thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAA12CoverIcon.png This afternoon at E3 2011, EA SPORTS held the ‘NCAA Football 12 24-Minute Challenge’ where they answered your questions (via Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/eancaafootball) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/easportsncaafootball)) about NCAA Football 12 in a 24 minute span. Facebook comments with the most ‘Likes' and Twitter questions that get retweeted with the #easportse3 hashtag were in the pool of potential questions that were taken to the producers & developers.

What changes have you made to teambuilder?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrTlTZ_P3Ps

Can we make subs during no-huddle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-V79pOUTCg&feature=feedu

Can you set up neutral site games in Dynasty Mode?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjuj_WcZUcM

What new stadiums are in the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fesLC-rWCL8

Will progression be more effective after the season?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBwtE-gHmVo

With the new tackle button, will there be breakdown animations?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpt3W5GQ5cg

Any changes to how recruits are generated and progressed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IS_z2rlzBo

morsdraconis
06-08-2011, 11:09 AM
They're still not going to answer any questions about anything not released so it's really just a waste of time for anyone on this board (or other forums like this one).

This stuff is strictly for the casual audience to ask the same 20 questions over and over again.

Pig Bomb
06-08-2011, 11:14 AM
This stuff is strictly for the casual audience to ask the same 20 questions over and over again about dreads and sock colors.
fixed

cdj
06-08-2011, 11:15 AM
That's why we need to 'Like' and RT the questions we want answered. Influence the questions a little.

Though, besides Road to Glory info, I think we're practically at the point where you guys are ready to play the game to form your own thoughts on it. We've learned almost everything, I believe.

illwill10
06-08-2011, 11:39 AM
That's why we need to 'Like' and RT the questions we want answered. Influence the questions a little.

Though, besides Road to Glory info, I think we're practically at the point where you guys are ready to play the game to form your own thoughts on it. We've learned almost everything, I believe.

Yea right now beside RTG, I am ready for the Demo. Beside RTG and TB, there is nothing else I need to hear about.

DeionGoVols
06-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Yea right now beside RTG, I am ready for the Demo. Beside RTG and TB, there is nothing else I need to hear about.

Yeah, road to glory & teambuilder are really the only things I want to hear about.

iBrandon
06-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Maybe we can all ask questions about the demo and see if we can get some info on the demo details.

JBHuskers
06-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Maybe we can all ask questions about the demo and see if we can get some info on the demo details.

If it isn't time to announce it, they won't address it.

CLW
06-08-2011, 03:10 PM
If it isn't time to announce it, they won't address it.

Yep at this point its demo time and the rest is just overkill.

From what I can tell at this point 12 = 11.5 but nothing really substantially improved to change your opinion. If you liked 11 and want a "roster update" you will like 12. If you didn't don't feel like paying for a "roster update" you won't like 12.

cdj
06-08-2011, 03:15 PM

From what I can tell at this point 12 = 11.5 but nothing really substantially improved to change your opinion. If you liked 11 and want a "roster update" you will like 12. If you didn't don't feel like paying for a "roster update" you won't like 12.

I can see where people are coming from with that line of thinking, but that also negates Coaching Carousel & Custom Playbooks - which were the top two community requests. Those alone are pretty significant changes, in addition to the new tackle & collision system (you have to play it to appreciate it) and the improved zone defense.

EDIT - Not trying to railroad you, CLW. The "11.5" talk seems to have started from E3 previews and it's taken off somewhat.

Paakaa10
06-08-2011, 03:16 PM

So NCAA Football 11 + Coaching Carousel + Custom Playbooks + Enhanced Tackling + Everything Else only = NCAA Football 11.5?

Yikes.

cdj
06-08-2011, 03:43 PM
What changes have you made to teambuilder?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrTlTZ_P3Ps

Paakaa10
06-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Wasn't quick enough to beat Chris to it... damn.

Cody
06-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Nice vid Chris.

cdj
06-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Can we make subs during no-huddle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-V79pOUTCg&feature=feedu

cdj
06-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Can you set up neutral site games in Dynasty Mode?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjuj_WcZUcM

SmoothPancakes
06-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Good! Neutral site games appear to be in the EA playbook for the future.

Cody
06-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Nice to hear about the Neutral Games!

iBrandon
06-08-2011, 03:55 PM

So because there are no "huge" announcements and items of concern (although still some issues) are fixed, this game is NCAA 11.5?

razorback44
06-08-2011, 04:21 PM
I know he said neutral site games in Dynasty Mode won't be in the game but what about neutral sites in Play Now? Did that option make it in this year?

Paakaa10
06-08-2011, 04:23 PM
I know he said neutral site games in Dynasty Mode won't be in the game but what about neutral sites in Play Now? Did that option make it in this year?

When you're setting up the Play Now game--and I'm assuming you mean offline--all you have to do is change the stadium for the game. You can play at Bowl Game and Conference Championship Game venues in Play Now mode by doing this as well.

Edit: This was in NCAA Football 11 as well.

Jayrah
06-08-2011, 04:52 PM

CLDUB.... DUDE I DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS AT ALL.

Also FYI this is exactly what was said about 11 from 10. And it was not at all true. Remember, after 11 dropped last season for 1/3 of the community Fully customizable custom PB's was ALL they needed to take this game over the top, for 1/3 more CC was all they needed, and for the final 1/3 improved zones and suction was all they needed to see to make 12 A NEXT LEVEL GREAT GAME! And then for other sites it was dreads...

Homie...we got ALL of those and much much more! More online integration for ODs (including essentially an entirely new game mode online!), better aesthetics (including lighting, grass, new crowd sound files and size from real games, band and a BROADCAST CAM), AI improvements that we've been waiting on for years (both dynasty and in game), 150+ NEW PLAYS AND FORMATIONS!

And that's just like 1/2 of it. Look at the NCAA 12 Info Central link at the top of the page and you can see that this is NOT 11.5. At all.

CLW
06-08-2011, 05:17 PM
I can see where people are coming from with that line of thinking, but that also negates Coaching Carousel & Custom Playbooks - which were the top two community requests. Those alone are pretty significant changes, in addition to the new tackle & collision system (you have to play it to appreciate it) and the improved zone defense.

EDIT - Not trying to railroad you, CLW. The "11.5" talk seems to have started from E3 previews and it's taken off somewhat.

So NCAA Football 11 + Coaching Carousel + Custom Playbooks + Enhanced Tackling + Everything Else only = NCAA Football 11.5?

Yikes.

So because there are no "huge" announcements and items of concern (although still some issues) are fixed, this game is NCAA 11.5?

I am talking strictly in terms of gameplay when I refer to 11.5. I am aware of (and HUGE fan of) Carousel and Custom Playbooks.

That being said, when you get onto the field (which is what most of us will spend the VAST majority of our time doing with the game) it really appears to me to be only minor/cosmetic improvements compared to 11. Despite its flaws I ENJOYED 11. However, I was really hoping for more defense than I saw in the videos. From what I saw, it doesn't look like the yards/points are going to be any less frequent then they were before.

Paakaa10
06-08-2011, 05:22 PM
However, I was really hoping for more defense than I saw in the videos. From what I saw, it doesn't look like the yards/points are going to be any less frequent then they were before.

To be fair, between the two videos uploaded we're talking less than two quarters worth of play. All of the teams involved were ranked teams with tough offenses. And each game was human-versus-human, on an uncertain build--nobody knows for sure what stage it's taken from--with no clues given with regards to the AI difficulty level.

I know people are going to say I'm making excuses; that's fine. I know what I've played.

When the demo is out, and more videos are out there and people can play the game for themselves; then we can start worrying about whether the game does or does not live up to what's been said so far.

ryby6969
06-08-2011, 05:23 PM
I am talking strictly in terms of gameplay when I refer to 11.5. I am aware of (and HUGE fan of) Carousel and Custom Playbooks.

That being said, when you get onto the field (which is what most of us will spend the VAST majority of our time doing with the game) it really appears to me to be only minor/cosmetic improvements compared to 11. Despite its flaws I ENJOYED 11. However, I was really hoping for more defense than I saw in the videos. From what I saw, it doesn't look like the yards/points are going to be any less frequent then they were before.

I agree from what we have been given as far as live gameplay footage.

cdj
06-08-2011, 05:26 PM
What new stadiums are in the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fesLC-rWCL8

CLW
06-08-2011, 05:30 PM
To be fair, between the two videos uploaded we're talking less than two quarters worth of play. All of the teams involved were ranked teams with tough offenses. And each game was human-versus-human, on an uncertain build--nobody knows for sure what stage it's taken from--with no clues given with regards to the AI difficulty level.

I know people are going to say I'm making excuses; that's fine. I know what I've played.

When the demo is out, and more videos are out there and people can play the game for themselves; then we can start worrying about whether the game does or does not live up to what's been said so far.

Those are fair points. All I can say/opine is about what I have seen (which is admittedly brief between two crappy players).

I agree from what we have been given as far as live gameplay footage.

That's all I am saying. IF these two short videos are fair and accurate representation of the final product (NCAA 12) defense did NOT get enough attention/focus/improvement IMHO b/c I saw points and yards all over the place despite the claim of improved zone defense.

Tarhead10
06-08-2011, 05:35 PM
I didnt know Cal was renovating there stadium.... Saw in one of the trailers that Kenan Stadium didnt get the Blue Zone in, but it isnt finished yet, so that might be why...

ryby6969
06-08-2011, 05:42 PM
My main hope for NCAA 12 is that every game does not turn into throw it for 300+ yards because you can. In 11, I knew going into almost every U v U game that it would end up being a pass fest because it is damn near impossible to stop if you are playing someone who is willing to "take what the defense gives you". What is really disheartening is if you have a defense with AA at every position, and they play like JV players when it comes to pass D. I don't want to have to keep calling man to man D, I want to be able to call zone and be confident that it can stop the offense with out me doing everything myself.

It is only 2 quarters and I am not in panic mode, but it did make me say hmmm.

cdj
06-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Will progression be more effective after the season?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBwtE-gHmVo

cdj
06-08-2011, 05:56 PM
With the new tackle button, will there be breakdown animations?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpt3W5GQ5cg

CLW
06-08-2011, 06:04 PM
My main hope for NCAA 12 is that every game does not turn into throw it for 300+ yards because you can. In 11, I knew going into almost every U v U game that it would end up being a pass fest because it is damn near impossible to stop if you are playing someone who is willing to "take what the defense gives you". What is really disheartening is if you have a defense with AA at every position, and they play like JV players when it comes to pass D. I don't want to have to keep calling man to man D, I want to be able to call zone and be confident that it can stop the offense with out me doing everything myself.

What you didn't enjoy our 64-62 5 OT game that ended when your D "stopped" me by my guy getting tackled 1 yard or less short on a 2 Pt Conv?

ryby6969
06-08-2011, 06:06 PM
What you didn't enjoy our 64-62 5 OT game that ended when your D "stopped" me by my guy getting tackled 1 yard or less short on a 2 Pt Conv?

Only because I won!:D

ram29jackson
06-08-2011, 06:20 PM

its a videoGAME, there will never be a game designed where a 14-10 score will be considered great or a big seller. Thats why this site exists, so you can find guys to play who dont play like 14 year olds, but the game itself is designed to be fun, not a football logic exercise

cdj
06-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Any changes to how recruits are generated and progressed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IS_z2rlzBo

ryby6969
06-08-2011, 06:29 PM
its a videoGAME, there will never be a game designed where a 14-10 score will be considered great or a big seller. Thats why this site exists, so you can find guys to play who dont play like 14 year olds, but the game itself is designed to be fun, not a football logic exercise

Ummm, I play against guys on this site. It is designed to be a SIM experience. At least that is what we are told, maybe you know something I don't.

Pig Bomb
06-08-2011, 06:41 PM
those were actually some decent questions in the 24 min deal

JeffHCross
06-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Psst ... E3 2011, not 2001 in the original post ;)

its a videoGAME, there will never be a game designed where a 14-10 score will be considered great or a big seller. Thats why this site exists, so you can find guys to play who dont play like 14 year olds, but the game itself is designed to be fun, not a football logic exercisePlenty of us like defense too, ram.

morsdraconis
06-08-2011, 07:24 PM
those were actually some decent questions in the 24 min deal

That's what I was thinking. Some excellent questions asked. They did a good job of filtering out the stupid ones and releasing some more in depth information.

ram29jackson
06-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Psst ... E3 2011, not 2001 in the original post ;)

Plenty of us like defense too, ram.

of course, so do I . I'm just stating the obvious

ram29jackson
06-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Ummm, I play against guys on this site. It is designed to be a SIM experience. At least that is what we are told, maybe you know something I don't.

its designed to be a SIM-fun experience...when you play other sim guys you will of course play within certain unwritten rules to make it sim..but you can still make up 21 points in last 2 and half minutes when behind if needed because its a game that high school kids make up the majority of sales...no one wants an actual sim, you would hardly ever win a game or get big highlight plays. I'm not bashing anything, I like football and want it to play as close to real within reason, but the game has to be for the common fan as well as the hardcore football nut or no money is made

baseballplyrmvp
06-08-2011, 08:53 PM
2 questions

have there been any changes to the teambuilder site (creation wise)?

are you able to set up your custom stadium sounds on the TB site? or is this done within the game?

Paakaa10
06-08-2011, 09:00 PM
2 questions

have there been any changes to the teambuilder site (creation wise)?

are you able to set up your custom stadium sounds on the TB site? or is this done within the game?

From my time at Community Events, I did not get any access to anything TeamBuilder related. I don't know whether anybody else got access, but I'll defer to them if somebody comes forward.

ryby6969
06-08-2011, 09:06 PM
its designed to be a SIM-fun experience...when you play other sim guys you will of course play within certain unwritten rules to make it sim..but you can still make up 21 points in last 2 and half minutes when behind if needed because its a game that high school kids make up the majority of sales...no one wants an actual sim, you would hardly ever win a game or get big highlight plays. I'm not bashing anything, I like football and want it to play as close to real within reason, but the game has to be for the common fan as well as the hardcore football nut or no money is made

We are talking about two completely different things. I am just wanting to be able to call a zone defense and not expect to give up 15+ yards because of it. It is not asking much to have almost 50% of the actual game of football(defense), to not be a complete abortion because you are limited to 1 type of defense.(man) It is almost a chore to play defense this year, and that should not be whether it is "sim" or not.

ram29jackson
06-08-2011, 10:09 PM
We are talking about two completely different things. I am just wanting to be able to call a zone defense and not expect to give up 15+ yards because of it. It is not asking much to have almost 50% of the actual game of football(defense), to not be a complete abortion because you are limited to 1 type of defense.(man) It is almost a chore to play defense this year, and that should not be whether it is "sim" or not.

I dont disagree.. but like was stated above, it still may be somewhat cosmetic. Just because players move around in a zone better doesnt mean theyll be more effective defending the pass..its not 2 different things we are talking about, it still revolves around how sim it will be. They want the game to look as sim as possible but it will never be/play as sim as possible..if it was, only guys who played or coached would be any good at the game and the core market for any game is high school kids or younger sports fans...but, yeah I agree zones were pretty sad but plenty of guys learned how to use them well..that Nykia guy I post videos of used zone on passes alot and got alot of int's. or knock downs...I'm just as eager to see zone D in action this year too

steelerfan
06-09-2011, 04:47 AM
We are talking about two completely different things. I am just wanting to be able to call a zone defense and not expect to give up 15+ yards because of it.

You'll be able to, I'm sure of it. Unless they've irreparably destroyed the builds I played, it'll be fine. Generally, I completed 60-65% of my passes on 11. The last time I played 12, I was 50.7% over 6 games. This is an E3 build you're seeing (almost certainly tuned to help offenses) and I'm quite certain it's Varsity. In my time with 12, I never once hesitated to call zone.

The average score in my 6 games against the CPU last month was User 23.5, CPU 25. I averaged 194.3 yards passing. The CPU averaged 217.5. Yes, I used my 11 sliders (except for kicking which I had to boost over 11), but I also play with 9-minute quarters.

There was a COMBINED 48.5 points per game. If you take my figures, and calculate them with 7-minute quarters (which I'm guessing most people use), the average point total drops to 37.7 per game and the COMBINED average passing yards drops from 411.8 (again, that's both teams COMBINED) down to 320.3.

Therefore, in my experience, the average team gained 160 yards passing and scored 18.9 points in a 7-minute quarter scenario. If that doesn't reflect a big defensive upgrade over 11, nothing will.

th3 last tiger
06-09-2011, 07:21 AM
You'll be able to, I'm sure of it. Unless they've irreparably destroyed the builds I played, it'll be fine. Generally, I completed 60-65% of my passes on 11. The last time I played 12, I was 50.7% over 6 games. This is an E3 build you're seeing (almost certainly tuned to help offenses) and I'm quite certain it's Varsity. In my time with 12, I never once hesitated to call zone.

The average score in my 6 games against the CPU last month was User 23.5, CPU 25. I averaged 194.3 yards passing. The CPU averaged 217.5. Yes, I used my 11 sliders (except for kicking which I had to boost over 11), but I also play with 9-minute quarters.

There was a COMBINED 48.5 points per game. If you take my figures, and calculate them with 7-minute quarters (which I'm guessing most people use), the average point total drops to 37.7 per game and the COMBINED average passing yards drops from 411.8 (again, that's both teams COMBINED) down to 320.3.

Therefore, in my experience, the average team gained 160 yards passing and scored 18.9 points in a 7-minute quarter scenario. If that doesn't reflect a big defensive upgrade over 11, nothing will.

Thanks for the reassurance, I was getting a little nervous about the zone defense.

CLW
06-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the reassurance, I was getting a little nervous about the zone defense.

Depends on which build/settings they go with on the final build. Perhaps they made the decision that defense was too "tough" in the build steelerfan was playing and decided to go more NCAA 11 on us. Time will tell.

Paakaa10
06-09-2011, 07:54 AM
Depends on which build/settings they go with on the final build. Perhaps they made the decision that defense was too "tough" in the build steelerfan was playing and decided to go more NCAA 11 on us. Time will tell.

The mantra throughout the Community Events was that zone defense was going to make people think that the game was "broken" from their first time playing the game because a lot of things that worked in NCAA Football 11--due to zone coverage not being as strong as it should be--would no longer work in NCAA Football 12. Unless that has changed inexplicably, I'm still expecting the final game to play as tough as the builds I played--all of us played--in Florida.

ram29jackson
06-09-2011, 05:14 PM
The mantra throughout the Community Events was that zone defense was going to make people think that the game was "broken" from their first time playing the game because a lot of things that worked in NCAA Football 11--due to zone coverage not being as strong as it should be--would no longer work in NCAA Football 12. Unless that has changed inexplicably, I'm still expecting the final game to play as tough as the builds I played--all of us played--in Florida.

...those would be really stupid people.....