PDA

View Full Version : OperationSports.com Q&A Session: Madden 12 and NCAA Football 12 [June 7th Transcript]

Paakaa10
06-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Link to the Chat Site Archive (http://www.operationsports.com/news/487773/madden-nfl-12-and-ncaa-football-12-live-qa-815-pm-est/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Open Q&A Session: Madden 12 and NCAA Football 12 (06/07/2011)

8:09 Christian McLeod: Alright, lets get this started since I'm starving and have a long night of impressions ahead of me.
8:10 Christian McLeod: Nothing on Teambuilder, or online franchise.

8:10 [Comment From joe: ]
Is there a mid-game save? Or do I have to use my homebrew solution to leave my xbox on while I go to work?
8:10 Christian McLeod: Mid game saves are not included this year.

8:10 [Comment From J.J. Plasencia: ]
Have you guys had a chance to check out franchise mode?
8:11 Christian McLeod: Ben took me through dynasty mode in NCAA, but I did not get a glimpse of franchise in Madden.

8:11 [Comment From Brett: ]
I've heard many questions with 3d grass... Is it being represented like EA promised? Some vids don't seem to show it
8:11 Christian McLeod: 3D grass looks amazing!!! You will see it on certain replays and cut scenes.

8:12 [Comment From AllDay560: ]
In NCAA RTG will we be seeing KR/PR for your player?
8:12 Christian McLeod: RTG information is not being discussed until later in the month. Ben could not answer this one for us--sorry.

8:12 [Comment From dhs22p: ]
Are there uniforms in the game (NCAA) that havent been released to the general public?
8:13 Christian McLeod: In my time with the game today all of this years jerseys look to be represented. I rocked Arizona State's new unis in a game. Black on black--looked sweet.

8:13 [Comment From John Batista: ]
Will "clutch" players always be clutch in clutch situations or can they be stopped?
8:13 Christian McLeod: Yes, clutch players can be stopped.

8:13 [Comment From chen_sc: ]
madden 12 question: out of town scores during franchise games are in?
8:14 Christian McLeod: We weren't given access to franchise mode today..hoping to see more tomorrow.

8:14 [Comment From Teddy: ]
any new changes to ONLINE franchise this year?
8:15 Christian McLeod: This will not be talked about until later in July. I was told it will offer a "whole new experience to interact with friends". Not sure what that means.

8:15 [Comment From boxboy99: ]
This popped in my head a little bit ago. It probably was answer already, but can you delete a conference by moving all the teams to another conference or can you just eliminate a conference down to four teams.
8:16 Christian McLeod: All conferences have to have at least 4 teams. You can make up to 26 teams independent though.

8:16 [Comment From Monil Patel: ]
For madden 12 is the in game gameplay any different than past maddens?
8:17 Christian McLeod: Yes, yes, yes. Players have momentum and weight to them, and different player types play as they should. MJD plays like the bowling ball he is--Jhavid Best is quick and agile--and receivers like Mike Williams can make some spectacular catches.
8:17 Christian McLeod: The game and animations sets really elevate the overall on field product.

8:18 [Comment From mtoo22: ]
Any news on patches on jersey's changing with a conference move?
8:18 Christian McLeod: Bad news--this didn't make it in this year. The team was under major time restrictions and could not get this in to NCAA12. It's high on their priority list.

8:19 [Comment From Todd Hayes: ]
What was your overall impression of ncaa 12
8:19 Christian McLeod: Extremely polished version of NCAA11. Wasn't blown away, but really liked what I played.

8:19 [Comment From Huntt26: ]
Any improvements to the super jumping linebackers in NCAA?
8:20 Christian McLeod: In the games I played I did not run into this issue from NCAA11.

8:20 [Comment From sam: ]
Is the new tackling/collision system good?
8:21 Christian McLeod: Noticeable difference in both Madden and NCAA when compared to last year. Collisions make sense--warping is gone.

8:21 [Comment From CreatineKasey: ]
Madden 12: How has OL/DL interaction improved? Will defensive ends engage tackles deep behind the LOS like real life to contain the QB?
8:22 Christian McLeod: OL/DL interaction is based on the same momentum engine that powers tackles. Warping seems toned down, if noticeable at all.

8:22 [Comment From Peter: ]
Will Rutgers have the correct field art/goal posts this year?
8:22 Christian McLeod: I love our readers! :-) Did not see this but love the passion.

8:23 [Comment From Colossal28: ]
How is mid-air DB/WR interaction, is it canned animation or are there different results per play?
8:23 Christian McLeod: Much more organic than past years. Animations in both games are improved and pretty impressive.

8:23 [Comment From Cudder: ]
Is field degredation, uniform grass stains and helmet degredation in both madden and NCAA?
8:24 Christian McLeod: Yes, looks outstanding, especially helmet degradation in Madden.

8:24 [Comment From JoeVandal: ]
Can you play effective zone defense on NCAA this year or was it just lip service that it was "improved"?
8:25 Christian McLeod: Zone D is sweet. No more money slant routes.

8:25 [Comment From Mike: ]
Im guessing you dont have an NCAA demo date to drop?
8:25 Christian McLeod: No news on the demo yet guys sorry.

8:25 [Comment From kchillz: ]
how about rosters? can we edit them and share them in any new ways?
8:26 Christian McLeod: NCAA rosters can be edited, along with coaches, and can be shared via the EA Locker.

8:26 [Comment From Shyrone: ]
Are Miami new pro combat cleats in NCAA 12?
8:26 Christian McLeod: Hardcore question. I'll try to look tomorrow;-)

8:27 [Comment From LM: ]
What changes were made to gameflow for M12?
8:28 Christian McLeod: This one has been answered in past articles--basically you are given the opportunity to have the cpu call a normal, aggressive, or conservative play for you depending on the situation. Very fluid and less clunky than last year.

8:28 [Comment From Brett: ]
What were your impressions on the feel of Madden? Did it feel smoother from last year's or did it feel more like canned animations? Thanks.
8:28 Christian McLeod: Much smoother and more organic. Game plays really well.

8:28 [Comment From JohnnyWobbles: ]
How hard is using the tackle button?
8:29 Christian McLeod: Not very tough. If you are not in position your player will completely whiff. (Chase compares it to the new stand-up tackle button in FIFA 12 -- similar idea behind it).

8:30 [Comment From Smitty55: ]
Are dropbacks in madden controlled by the user or still by cpu
8:31 Christian McLeod: You have to manually pull back.

8:31 [Comment From PJ: ]
Which was the bigger step? NCAA 11 to 12, or Madden 11 to 12?
8:31 Christian McLeod: Great question! In my opinion Madden 11 to 12 is a bigger jump.

8:31 [Comment From Outkaz79: ]
How is the DL pressure in NCAA 12. Does the QB throw the ball right before he is hit like in the past?
8:32 Christian McLeod: CPU QB's will tuck and run if they feel too much pressure. I did not notice magical tosses before sacking the QB. Feels more organic as CPU QB's move in the pocket.

8:33 [Comment From Boucher: ]
How sweaty was Ben today
8:33 Christian McLeod: Not as sweaty as my back after wearing a backpack all day....but sweaty.

8:33 [Comment From John: ]
4 verticals, it is still unstoppable?
8:33 Christian McLeod: Tested it out today--I was stopped.

8:34 [Comment From RJ: ]
Any reason given why NCAA is behind closed doors?
8:35 Christian McLeod: Posted this on Twitter earlier--spoke with an EA rep. They wanted to give Madden top billing and really showcase the game without additional distractions. Madden was the only game outside of Need for Speed that EA was showcasing on the show floor

8:35 [Comment From Roy: ]
Any improvements to the running game in the shotgun/pistol? handoffs being quicker, better blocking, etc
8:35 Christian McLeod: As a human user yes--the cpu was still a bit weak when running out of shotgun.

8:36 [Comment From Siebs: ]
Nothing more on RTG then? how about those videos brock luker or whatever it is..are we still going to get some RTG info?
8:37 Christian McLeod: This info is coming later in the month. I was not allowed to see any RTG gameplay.

8:37 [Comment From LM: ]
Are there any upgrades or changes to the pre/post or halftime shows for NCAA 12 and Madden 12?
8:38 Christian McLeod: Did not see any halftime show from Madden. Chase says it is not very different. NCAA shows between quarter highlights and has the official ESPN intro's. There is no college gameday or halftime show.

8:39 [Comment From RITCHY: ]
PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION. will we still see the same tackle over and over again or will madden utilize their motion synthesis engine for players to never make the same tackle twice?
8:39 Christian McLeod: Since this isn't a physics based engine you will see the same tackles more than once. Tackle animations are greatly improved and the variety is very nice.

8:40 [Comment From Coop: ]
Do speed backs feel different than power backs?
8:40 Christian McLeod: In both games yes.

8:40 [Comment From JohnnyWobbles: ]
Did you get a chance to see if different teams play like real life teams when cpu controlled instead of the same feeling in each game?
8:41 Christian McLeod: Yes, I managed to play against Oregon and they did run their shotgun spread attack against me. Ben also assured me that each CPU team plays to their style more so this year than last. CPU AI was a big focus for the team this year.

8:41 [Comment From IDRAINEDTHESWAMP: ]
PLEASE TELL ME WHEN THE NCAA 12 DEMO IS OUT
8:42 Christian McLeod: Nah.

8:42 [Comment From AllDay560: ]
How does the new lighting look?
8:42 Christian McLeod: Both games look great. The new HDR lighting in NCAA makes a big difference regarding player equipment details and the time of day you are playing.

8:43 [Comment From Monil Patel: ]
Any details on madden 12 presentation that we haven't seen ?
8:44 Christian McLeod: Stat banners look awesome in game, and the new camera tweaks are great. For example--I scored a TD on a deep pass and the camera cut to an angle as if a camera man was recording from the ground--very immersive.

8:45 [Comment From kevin: ]
have you been able to watch a good amount of gameplay with zone defense? if so, how has it looked?
8:45 Christian McLeod: Zone works well.

8:45 [Comment From Mr. Pickle: ]
Does the game look as good in motion as in the screenshots? Are you saying there is not 3d grass during gameplay?
8:46 Christian McLeod: There is 3D grass on replays and cut scened, but you do not see it from the traditional gameplay cam.

8:46 [Comment From Cory: ]
Is Mascot Mashup more realistic this year?
8:47 Christian McLeod: I was disappointed in how bad Sparty's muscle physics affected his running ability.

8:47 [Comment From Tomymac23: ]
How is Ben H. doing after a day in that sauna? I wanted to know if new commentary has been added to both Ncaa and/or Madden?
8:48 Christian McLeod: Ben is doing well..haha. Music here is pretty loud so audio and commentary was difficult to make out.

8:48 [Comment From Big Rudy: ]
how did asu's pitchfork look?
8:49 Christian McLeod: Jerseys are pure awesome!

8:50 [Comment From joseph royal: ]
are u able to play using broadcast cameras such as a press box type of view?
8:50 Christian McLeod: Broadcast cam is in for Madden.

8:50 [Comment From Steven Merced: ]
so do you know what the LIONS Rating is this year
8:51 Christian McLeod: Rating=Super Bowl Champions

8:51 [Comment From John Batista: ]
How impressive is the collision tackling?
8:52 Christian McLeod: Pretty impressive in both games. After seeing the same tackle animations for years, the new animations are refreshing.

8:52 [Comment From Huntt26: ]
Are punt and kick returns improved and more realistic?
8:53 Christian McLeod: The punt and kick returns I experienced in both games felt as if I had more realistic holes to run through. Following blockers seemed to pay off.

8:53 [Comment From KickNDaPants: ]
NCAA ?: what were some of the negative(s) you didn't like and/or hope they patch or fix before release?
8:54 Christian McLeod: Still seeing CPU teams that run out of the shotgun struggling to pick up solid yardage.

8:54 [Comment From JoeVandal: ]
Flat out - which game plays better? NCAA or Madden?
8:55 Christian McLeod: Right now I think Madden plays better. NCAA is no slouch--Madden just seems to be a HUGE leap from last years game.

8:55 [Comment From Barry Bowman: ]
Okay so Let's say me and my friends want to play an online dynasty.. Do we have to play one side of the ball before we can be a head coach??
8:56 Christian McLeod: Your commissioner makes this choice--even if you are a coordinator in head to head games you will play both sides of the ball.

8:57 Christian McLeod: 5 minutes left guys- starving.

8:57 [Comment From JP1704: ]
does NCAA 12 have the same momentum and weight gameplay as you just explained about madden?
8:57 Christian McLeod: Yes. Both games are using the same momentum engine.

8:58 [Comment From Taco: ]
If there is no NFL Season.......will EA offer a refund or rebate of some kind?
8:58 Christian McLeod: I can't confirm this but I'm going to go with negative on this one.

8:59 [Comment From mastadon: ]
what would you say about the amount of canned animations present at this stage?
9:00 Christian McLeod: Difficult to say--technically everything is canned since it's not physics based. To answer your question though, I didn't see a lot of the same animations on either side of the ball.

9:00 Christian McLeod: last one guys

9:00 [Comment From TrueSimGamer: ]
How does the game feel this year? Does it play a lot better or just marginally better?
9:01 Christian McLeod: Madden plays lightyears better. NCAA feels like a polished version of NCAA 11. This isn't a bad thing at all.

9:02 Christian McLeod: Ok guys, busy night of impressions and other articles tonight. Feel free to follow me on Twitter as I'll be providing live updates with Chase and TD the next two days: Bumble14_OS
9:02 Christian McLeod: Ok, one more question

9:03 [Comment From lowell: ]
will players that make the pro bowl wear their respective teams helmet
9:03 Christian McLeod: I don't know, great question. On a mission to get an answer on this tomorrow from Mike at EA.

Night guys. Thanks for the questions. If you enjoyed this say so in the news post and we will look at doing more in the future.

Deuce
06-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Wish someone would have asked about CPU running the option. Hopefully they've made some improvements to how the CPU runs that offense.

JBHuskers
06-07-2011, 08:36 PM
:up: thanks for posting!

Dr Death
06-07-2011, 10:09 PM
8:18 [Comment From mtoo22: ]
Any news on patches on jersey's changing with a conference move?

8:18 Christian McLeod: Bad news--this didn't make it in this year. The team was under major time restrictions and could not get this in to NCAA12. It's high on their priority list.

I know there are only so many things they can do in a given year... but w/ the ability to alter all the conferences however we want... how is this not a priority??? I know, I know... it will be in '13... but man... just seems this would have been a given.

JeffHCross
06-07-2011, 10:34 PM
man... just seems this would have been a given.You and I talked about this ;)

The short answer is that there may be underlying reasons with the way textures are done for the jerseys that make this difficult. I have no inside information on that, I'm basing that on previous discussions about things like conference logos on the field and bowl endzones.

ram29jackson
06-07-2011, 10:54 PM
26 independent teams hahahaha sounds like fun just setting that up

Dr Death
06-07-2011, 10:57 PM
You and I talked about this ;)

The short answer is that there may be underlying reasons with the way textures are done for the jerseys that make this difficult. I have no inside information on that, I'm basing that on previous discussions about things like conference logos on the field and bowl endzones.

I know, and I remember. I just look at it from a business perspective... We want to give our customers the opportunity to change any and all conferences that they want. Okay. So... what are all the issues that would be involved w/ this? At some point conference patches would... hopefully... be brought up.

I would be willing to bet that changing conferences were discussed prior to '11 and certainly last summer when, in real life, we started learning of the moves. So is there so much that goes into it that they can't change some coding that changes the patch when a team moves, or adds a patch to a TB team?

It's just frustrating... because next year we'll get this exciting news that conferences patches will change when/if a team or teams change conferences and by then the idea itself will be a year old. So it just makes sense to me, that if they are going to introduce something into the game that gets everyone excited, they'd do it 100% and not 85% or 90% or even 99%.

Like I said... I don't know what all goes into the actual making of the games, and if I did know, my head might explode. But we go from never having real mascots in this gen to having horses, buffaloes, dogs that bark and snap at opposing players, tigers and eagles soaring but we can't get a simple thing like a patch to change when a conference is changed?

It isn't a game-killer, obviously, it's just one of those things that's a let down. So we'll be able to alter conferences but the teams will have a mix of conference patches. That little bit of unrealistic aesthetic is just annoying.

Jayrah
06-08-2011, 01:27 AM
I am also a bit surprised about the issue of patches, but honestly, I prolly won't even notice it. With all that was done for the game, I'm not trippin' on anything that didn't make it, especially if it would mean that it might add any kind of buggy-ness or extra glitches to the game.

Daywalker86
06-08-2011, 08:06 AM
thanks for the post, some good tidbits in there.
Sounds like Madden is on point this year.

CLW
06-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Kinda what I figured was the case given an utter lack of any real gameplay videos to view/critique. NCAA 12 is just going to be a slightly more polished vesion of 11. That is fine with me as I enjoyed 11 but if you didn't enjoy 11 you are probably going to want to at least play the demo before you pre-order buy the game.

iBrandon
06-08-2011, 08:44 AM
I figured in-game saves or some type of save system wouldn't be in, but I'm still disappointed that they are not. In this day and age I don't think there is any reason sports games do not have in-game saves, no matter what their excuse is.

Hopefully player momentum is different. I've heard year after year that it feels different using a power back Vs speed back and in the end, they pretty much feel the same.

I'm glad NCAA 12 feels like a polished version of 11. I feel like 11 was real good, but neeeded some tweaks. Fixing the Zone defense (which everyone says is fixed) is HUGE. Hopefully the super linebackers is fixed as well.

I'm glad OL/DL interactions seems to be improved. We all know that has been a major issue of the years. I'm sure it's not great, but any improvement will be 10x better than what we have had in the past. WR/CB being improved is also much needed and another huge improvement, QB"s not throwing magically throwing the ball away right before being sacked. That was so anoying last year.

Madden making the bigger jump was expected. It seems like NCAA and Madden flip flop every year on this.

Like always, I am so hyped for both games and for once, with the offline franchise improvements and everything we have read, I am more excited for Madden than I am for NCAA. In the end, I hope we get two great football games that I can play all year long.

JeffHCross
06-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Like I said... I don't know what all goes into the actual making of the games, and if I did know, my head might explode. But we go from never having real mascots in this gen to having horses, buffaloes, dogs that bark and snap at opposing players, tigers and eagles soaring but we can't get a simple thing like a patch to change when a conference is changed?Agreed in concept. But all of those things you listed, minus the conference patches are, as far as I know, pre-rendered cinematics. You create the model and create the scene and you're done. There's probably some corresponding code for the camera and what not.

Whereas the conference patches could require code to merge two textures (logo and uniform), do it dynamically based on the conference, adjust the color scheme as necessary, and get the sizing correct to avoid interference with any other part of the texture. Plus, there's the potential, at least, that changing the conference logo would violate licensing and trademark agreements, since there's currently an association between the conference and jersey.

While the former seems large in scope (and it very well may be), the complexity of the latter is by no means simple.

Rudy
06-08-2011, 08:47 PM
I figured in-game saves or some type of save system wouldn't be in, but I'm still disappointed that they are not. In this day and age I don't think there is any reason sports games do not have in-game saves, no matter what their excuse is.

Hopefully player momentum is different. I've heard year after year that it feels different using a power back Vs speed back and in the end, they pretty much feel the same.

I'm glad NCAA 12 feels like a polished version of 11. I feel like 11 was real good, but neeeded some tweaks. Fixing the Zone defense (which everyone says is fixed) is HUGE. Hopefully the super linebackers is fixed as well.

I'm glad OL/DL interactions seems to be improved. We all know that has been a major issue of the years. I'm sure it's not great, but any improvement will be 10x better than what we have had in the past. WR/CB being improved is also much needed and another huge improvement, QB"s not throwing magically throwing the ball away right before being sacked. That was so anoying last year.

Madden making the bigger jump was expected. It seems like NCAA and Madden flip flop every year on this.

Like always, I am so hyped for both games and for once, with the offline franchise improvements and everything we have read, I am more excited for Madden than I am for NCAA. In the end, I hope we get two great football games that I can play all year long.

Agree with everything you said. I pretty much knew in game saves would be ignored by the young dev team who don't seem to understand how valuable it is to some of us. I know it takes resources and unfortunately it doesn't do well in the wishlist tournaments but for the guys who use this in other games it's awesome.

JeffHCross
06-08-2011, 10:33 PM
by the young dev teamBefore you dismiss the dev team as "young", keep in mind that the game industry is known for long hours. It wouldn't be unreasonable to believe that the average work week for a developer on NCAA is 60 hours. And many of them have families, I believe. What I'm getting at is that I would imagine they would have as many time constraints on their own free time as some of us here.

Jayrah
06-09-2011, 12:03 AM
I am also a bit shocked that In Game Saves didn't make it this year, but not necessarily disappointed. It's just something that didn't make it. I usually finish the games I start for football without issue. And all I do now is Online Dynasty, so it really wouldn't affect me much.

Rudy
06-09-2011, 05:13 AM
Before you dismiss the dev team as "young", keep in mind that the game industry is known for long hours. It wouldn't be unreasonable to believe that the average work week for a developer on NCAA is 60 hours. And many of them have families, I believe. What I'm getting at is that I would imagine they would have as many time constraints on their own free time as some of us here.

I know they have long hours but I also know that most of those guys are young. Plus Ben has pretty much dismissed in games saves as unnecessary in his mind - at least in the past when he would comment on the option at NCAA Strategies. He thought Supersim was a good compromise and that is completely wrong.

iBrandon
06-09-2011, 09:08 AM
I know they have long hours but I also know that most of those guys are young. Plus Ben has pretty much dismissed in games saves as unnecessary in his mind - at least in the past when he would comment on the option at NCAA Strategies. He thought Supersim was a good compromise and that is completely wrong.

I agree, saying Supersim is a good compromise to in-game saves is very wrong. I don't want to sim the rest of my game and let the computer mess up things for me. I want to save and come back when I have time to finish up.The Show and NBA 2K both have in-game saves and they are life savers. I've started plenty of games because I know I could finish later if something came up or if I was going to leave soon but could only get a half in.

In this day and age of gaming, there is really no excuse to not have in-game saves available on all sports games. I don't expect to see them until we get the new batch of consoles, and who knows, we might not see them in Madden and NCAA then.

JeffHCross
06-11-2011, 12:47 AM
I don't disagree that in-game saves have been dismissed, but what I'm getting at is that it's not because "they're young, they don't understand". That's all I was getting at.

Rudy
06-11-2011, 05:24 AM
I don't disagree that in-game saves have been dismissed, but what I'm getting at is that it's not because "they're young, they don't understand". That's all I was getting at.

Adam Thompson used to do a good job of conveying why certain features weren't in based on hours required to implement. I remember him saying that formation subs was at least a 250 hour job (if not much more, can't remember exactly) for the dev team and so it wasn't implemented in the past. How much work does it require to implement in game saves? The baseball and basketball games have them so I can't see that it's that hard to do and those games don't take as long to play. EA even put it in the Madden 3DS version. Football needs it more than any other sport.

JeffHCross
06-11-2011, 10:36 AM
How much work does it require to implement in game saves?It could be a healthy amount. On the one hand, you're simply talking about a database to store states. Yard, down, distance, score, statistics, etc. But then you've also got player fatigue, injuries and what-not to consider ... everything that goes into the exact state of the game. There might be other things involved like an overall random variable that modifies performance or something like that -- I have no idea how NCAA makes one game feel different from the next, I'm just guessing. But if there is something like that, you'd have to store it, otherwise the second half could feel different from the first.

Then, after coding up all of that (which would probably be the comparatively easy part, though involved), you have to go through all the testing to make sure that everything loads correctly, time after time after time. And make sure there's no way to cheat to your advantage ... like save after every play and then re-load when you throw a pick. Or something like that which you know people would do in ODs.

Maybe not an overly complicated task, but not simple either. Weigh that against the fact that, right now, it's a small (yet vocal) group of people calling for it ...

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
06-11-2011, 11:03 AM
im as die hard about this game as anyone around... but in-game saves are at the very bottom of my list... it would be a convenience... but nothing more... thats the hard part these devs have to deal with every year IMO... the coding, development, design... etc... is all tough, but going through thousands of tidbits of feedback trying to determine which is GENERALLY most important, and what could really be considered a true "feature" and not an upgrade or install or as in custom playbooks case... re-install...

"E"

Rudy
06-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Being a diehard NCAA fan has nothing to do with in game saves IMO. It's a personal thing. It's a greater omission given the fact other games have it including Madden 3DS. We're not asking for something that has never been done before.

Jayrah
06-12-2011, 03:38 AM
Being a diehard NCAA fan has nothing to do with in game saves IMO. It's a personal thing. It's a greater omission given the fact other games have it including Madden 3DS. We're not asking for something that has never been done before.
This is a good point. But before I go on wanting this, I am going to ask for something a lot more Online Dynasty oriented. In fact it would be one of those "Online Dynasty Only" extras that would probably be a DLC item. It may go to the top 3 of my personal wishlist items for 13 because I would gladly pay for it. And that is the ability to start a game at any point in the game, setting time and score, down and distance. I guess you could call it 'Situational Game Mode' and it's as important (or more) as advancing from the web. Now I understand that IGS does essentially the same thing, but there are 2 specific issues that really screw this particular feature up for OD's.

1: Unless there was an automatic IGS every qtr or something, it would never get saved manually except maybe for halftime because users aren't going to pause over and over again during USER games to save it. (Also IGS just seems a little complicated for User games for some reason to me).
2: Even with an auto IGS, users seem to disconnect at very crucial times in a game, and going back to the beginning of the qtr just simply wouldn't do the game's previous situation justice, in most instances.

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2011, 04:07 AM
This is a good point. But before I go on wanting this, I am going to ask for something a lot more Online Dynasty oriented. In fact it would be one of those "Online Dynasty Only" extras that would probably be a DLC item. It may go to the top 3 of my personal wishlist items for 13 because I would gladly pay for it. And that is the ability to start a game at any point in the game, setting time and score, down and distance. I guess you could call it 'Situational Game Mode' and it's as important (or more) as advancing from the web. Now I understand that IGS does essentially the same thing, but there are 2 specific issues that really screw this particular feature up for OD's.

1: Unless there was an automatic IGS every qtr or something, it would never get saved manually except maybe for halftime because users aren't going to pause over and over again during USER games to save it. (Also IGS just seems a little complicated for User games for some reason to me).
2: Even with an auto IGS, users seem to disconnect at very crucial times in a game, and going back to the beginning of the qtr just simply wouldn't do the game's previous situation justice, in most instances.

Oh hell, instead of just making that DLC for ODs, make that a full fledged game mode! My God, the fun I would have in that. I'd end up playing that as much as I would dynasty mode. The situations I could set up. Have 5 minutes left to play, down by 13, you have the ball on your own 25. Or 50 seconds left to play, down by 4, no timeouts, and you have the ball on your own 10 yard line. Or maybe, with 7 minute quarters, start with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, down by 24, you have the ball on your 20. Oh man the hours and hours I would end up spending and wasting in that game mode. :nod:

gschwendt
06-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Generally though in disconnects, one of the users is still technically connected and thus offered the "continue vs CPU". In that case, they could also offer the ability to save at that point so that the two users could pick back up right where they left off.

Cody
06-12-2011, 12:02 PM

Exactly.

In game save would be a great addition, I'm not saying it will increase sales, but imo it will let people get more out of their game.

JeffHCross
06-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Jayrah, for more reasons than you outlined, but for basically the same idea ... Situational Game Mode is one of those things that I would love to see. In particular, I would absolutely love it for the ability to sim to a point in a disconnected game.