PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii U Discussion

JBHuskers
06-07-2011, 12:21 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/wiiucontroller.jpg

http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/06/medium_medium_new_nintendo_console_detail_01.jpg

It IS a new console...and it is VERY different, and VERY interesting. And there are a TON of unknowns IMO. I think it was so different and not what we're thinking that it is kinda hard to wrap around it right now. I think right now Vita wins over Wii U.

gschwendt
06-07-2011, 12:26 PM
One thing the new console hardware tells me... no HDD. As well, with that small of a footprint, I really don't think it can achieve the 360/PS3 quality.

JBHuskers
06-07-2011, 12:31 PM
The biggest problem Nintendo has is convincing that casual crowd to upgrade.

I OU a Beatn
06-07-2011, 12:32 PM
They don't have to worry about convincing me. The day I have a Nintendo product in my house is the day I stop gaming. :D

cdj
06-07-2011, 12:43 PM
This article explains more about the WiiU than the PC did. (http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/the-wiiu-nintendos-next-console/)

Most importantly, you'll no longer be tied to a TV to enjoy your home consoling action -- the Wii U controller can handle your gaming session when the television is needed for other purposes, while a built-in front-facing cam will let you video chat from anywhere too. Notably, you won't have to use the 6.2-inch behemoth if you don't want too -- the Wii U will be compatible with all current-gen accessories and software. Yes, your expansive Wii collection will play on the U version of the console as well. We've also seen some decidedly high-def visuals from Nintendo showing off the Wii U's graphical prowess. See video of the unveiling after the break!

Batman: Arkham City, an Assassin's Creed game, Dirt, Ghost Recon Online, Tekken, Metro Last Light, Aliens Colonial Marines, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, and Darksiders II all got a mention as coming to the Wii U. Yes! EA's John Riccitiello just said the Wii U will deliver "brilliant HD graphics." Finally, the Wii is going HD!

Speaking of HD, the fact sheet from Nintendo informs us the Wii U can pump out 1080p video over HDMI. It'll also be compatible with component, S-video and composite cables. There'll be "internal flash memory" of unspecified quantity, which will be expendable via either an SD card or external USB HDD. IBM is, as with the original Wii, once again responsible for providing the processor inside.

gschwendt
06-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Controller touchscreen is single-touch. In general can only be used in the same room as Wii U console... has to talk to console, not via wifi, etc.

JBHuskers
06-07-2011, 01:04 PM
WiiU leaked spec sheet says it will have a 250/350GB HDD & Bluray drive!

gschwendt
06-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Hands-on photos of the controller
http://www.engadget.com/photos/nintendo-wii-u-hands-on/

gschwendt
06-07-2011, 01:16 PM
WiiU leaked spec sheet says it will have a 250/350GB HDD & Bluray drive!
Reggie Fils-Aime just said it's not a blu-ray drive; it's proprietary tech. Wouldn't comment on disc-capacity.

JBHuskers
06-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Reggie Fils-Aime just said it's not a blu-ray drive; it's proprietary tech. Wouldn't comment on disc-capacity.

Bah. At least it has a HDD.

gschwendt
06-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Bah. At least it has a HDD.
All official releases I've seen have said the memory is internal flash memory. I imagine the largest we'd see of flash memory would be 32GB or so. Anything more than that and it becomes too costly... if you compare to a thumbdrive, 64GB starts at $100. Obviously that's not a 1:1 comparison but it gives an idea.

JBHuskers
06-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Ubisoft developing 'hardcore FPS' exclusively for Wii U, four other titles revealed (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/07/ubisoft-developing-hardcore-fps-exclusively-for-wii-u-four-ot/)

cdj
06-08-2011, 07:02 AM
Wii U third-party sizzle reel composed of 360/PS3/PC footage (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/08/wii-u-third-party-sizzle-reel-composed-of-360-ps3-pc-footage/)

CLW
06-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Well investors were not impressed as Nintendo's stock is down to a 5 year low. Apparently, the sentiment is Nintendo is too focussed on hardware and not software and investers think more $ is to be made in the social networking aspect of gaming. Think Facebook games?

JBHuskers
06-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Wii U third-party sizzle reel composed of 360/PS3/PC footage (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/08/wii-u-third-party-sizzle-reel-composed-of-360-ps3-pc-footage/)

That's fine....the console is still a year and a half away. At least they admitted it.

JBHuskers
06-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Nintendo stock down 5 percent after Wii U reveal (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/08/nintendo-stock-down-5-percent-after-wii-u-reveal/)

JBHuskers
06-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Nintendo stock loses another five percent (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/09/nintendo-stock-loses-another-five-percent/)

http://idigmygarden.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9550&d=1270607956

gschwendt
06-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Wii U currently only supports one WiiPad (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/09/wii-u-currently-only-supports-one-wiipad/)

That loses the functionality I would want if I were playing against a local opponent in NCAA... hide my playcalling so my opponent can't see it.

morsdraconis
06-09-2011, 10:59 PM
It is cool that Nintendo finally has a HD console. Not sure about the whole WiiPad thing as it looks fairly uncomfortable to handle (though I've heard differently). In the end, it just seems like another silly gimmick when all I want to do is play a damn game with a normal controller.

cdj
08-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Nintendo won’t release to the public its brand new Wii U console until sometime in 2012 (probably holiday next year if we had to bet for that), but given that the widely expected HD system will only be slightly more powerful than the current generation of consoles, PS3 and Xbox 360, some would debate that Nintendo’s caught in between and will be outpaced not long after launch by a much more powerful PS4 or Xbox 720. EA COO Peter Moore (former EA Sports head) doesn’t think that as a problem for the long running gaming company, Nintendo at all, however.

Speaking to IndustryGamers he said, “People will start talking about it being a transitional platform. And I don’t think that’s going to be the case, and here’s why,” Moore told IndustryGamers. “I think the [tablet] controller [is huge]. This is not about specs anymore… This is about, as it was with the Wii, is the controller a unique way of enjoying a game experience, regardless of what the graphic fidelity is?”

Moore just doesn’t see the importance of massive graphical leaps anymore. Gaming audience are less likely to care the way they did about the big graphics bump say, between Nintendo’s SNES and N64.

Courtesy: myona.com (http://myona.com/2011/08/09/wii-u-is-not-about-specs-eas-peter-moore/)

cdj
05-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Rumored Wii U Launch Titles and Dates (http://www.gamefocus.ca/news/16639.html):

• Just Dance 4
• Killer Freaks From Outer Space
• Marvel Super Heroes
• Metro Last Light
• Monsters Party
• New Super Mario Brothers Mii
• Ninja Gaiden 3
• Pikmin
• Rabbids Party Land
• Raving Rabbids
• Rayman Legends
• Shield Pose
• Splinter Cell 6
• Sports Connection
• Tekken
• Your Shape 2013
• Zombie
• Aliens: Colonial Marines
• Assassin’s Creed
• Batman Arkham City
• Darksiders II
• Dirt 3
• Formula 1 All Stars
• Game Party
• Ghost Recon Online

cdj
06-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata unveiled the final product version of the Wii U in today's pre-E3 Nintendo Direct livestream, and while you can get a look at it here, we wanted to point out the major differences between it and the prototype.

The product version has two full analogue sticks that are clickable, replacing the prototype's circle pads. The back of the WiiPad (seriously, that is what we're calling it) has rounded grips and the buttons and direction pad have been shifted toward the screen "to maximize comfort even if you are playing for a long period of time," Iwata said.

The final Wii U has near field communication technology on the left side, under the D-pad, for scanning applicable real-life objects into games.

The product version also adds a TV button, positioned next to the power button, that turns the Wii U into an infrared TV remote, Iwata revealed.

Courtesy: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/03/the-final-wii-u-whats-new-different-gone/)

cdj
06-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Though Sunday afternoon's Nintendo Direct video presentation mostly featured company president Satoru Iwata talking straight to the camera, the executive stepped aside for a few minutes in the middle to allow a somewhat corny demonstration video to play out. In it, a nerdy guy is playing a generic shooter on Wii U and can't defeat a particular zombie boss.

So he turns to the Miiverse for help. Using his network of connected pals, he asks for assistance in how to beat the boss. A wave of simple text messages are sent back to him, but then something much more interesting happens – he fires up a video chat session.

The real news is that Wii U supports Skype-like video chat on demand.

The Wii U GamePad was placed against the TV screen for the chat session to begin, but that was likely just to set up a cinematic shot of what was happening. In practice we should be able to keep the GamePad firmly in hand as we reach out to friends to talk through the combination of handheld screen and television display. Courtesy: IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/03/e3-2012-wii-u-includes-built-in-video-chat?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMN-4dNt37o&feature=g-all-u

Rudy
06-04-2012, 04:17 AM
The big question is how much will this cost? Our Wii just collects dust. The kids haven't played it since Mario Galaxy 2. It's a console where 3rd party games go to die and the only thing our kids play are the first party Mario games. I'm not paying for another dust collecting Mario machine unless it's cheap. I don't expect the graphics to be significantly better than the PS3.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 10:09 AM
The big question is how much will this cost? Our Wii just collects dust. The kids haven't played it since Mario Galaxy 2. It's a console where 3rd party games go to die and the only thing our kids play are the first party Mario games. I'm not paying for another dust collecting Mario machine unless it's cheap. I don't expect the graphics to be significantly better than the PS3.

I thought the rumor was $249.

gschwendt
06-04-2012, 05:48 PM
WiiU will be around $400
http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/04/nikkei-nintendo-wii-u-to-sell-for-around-30-000-yen-or-just-un/

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Wow. :smh:

morsdraconis
06-04-2012, 06:03 PM
No way. Everywhere, people were saying it was gonna be $250, tops. Nintendo is absolutely retarded if they think they can get away with selling that piece of shit system for $400.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Christ, you can get a 250GB 360 WITH Kinect for $400. Keep dreaming Nintendo.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Us seasoned gamers are saying hell no. Think about the casual gamer whose gaming resume was Farmville before the Wii...

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Us seasoned gamers are saying hell no. Think about the casual gamer whose gaming resume was Farmville before the Wii...

I realize that, but I think even the casual gamers are going to be saying hell no at a $400 price tag. That is ridiculous.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 06:52 PM
I realize that, but I think even the casual gamers are going to be saying hell no at a $400 price tag. That is ridiculous.

That was my point. No way a casual gamer will want to invest that much on a new console.

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2012, 06:53 PM
$400? LOL. That is out of the price range for casual gamers and aside from the real hardcore Nintendo fanboys, no one is going to pay that much. There is absolutely no fucking way that thing is even remotely worth that much. As far as I'm concerned, it's Nintendo finally catching up to Sony and Microsoft, so why in the world are they charging twice as much? Jesus.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 07:01 PM
That was my point. No way a casual gamer will want to invest that much on a new console.

Whoops, my bad. :D I read that as the exact opposite, that for some reason the casual gamers would be willing to pay $400 for it when us hardcore gamers are saying hell no. Yet, not a chance in hell. Unless that things immediately drops down to a MAXIMUM high price of $250, the WiiU is going to sink like a rock.

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Whoops, my bad. :D I read that as the exact opposite, that for some reason the casual gamers would be willing to pay $400 for it when us hardcore gamers are saying hell no. Yet, not a chance in hell. Unless that things immediately drops down to a MAXIMUM high price of $250, the WiiU is going to sink like a rock.

I still think at $250 the WiiU is going to flop.

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2012, 07:24 PM
I still think at $250 the WiiU is going to flop.

Yep, that's why I considered it the maximum high price to sell it for. I'd say they would probably have to at least drop down to $150 tops to get to sell and not flop.

gschwendt
09-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Console launches 11-18-12... has anyone even thought at all about this console since it was unveiled? I know I haven't. Prices from Yen convert to around $340-$400 for the consoles (there's a basic & premium) and the controller will run you around $175. Obviously they could be less in the US but still way overpriced.

Official US Pricing... $300 & $350.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/13/wii-u-north-america-launch-date-price/ (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/13/wii-u-north-america-launch-date-price/)

I OU a Beatn
09-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Nope. If it's Nintendo, I don't even bother reading about it. :D

souljahbill
09-13-2012, 10:09 AM
I liked what I saw from the press conference today. My day 1 system getting days are over. I'll probably scoop one up eventually. I'm probably the only one here that really liked what the Wii brought to the table. I have more Wii games then PS3 games and 360 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NatureBoy
09-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Everything You Need to Know About The Wii U (That Nintendo Was Willing To Tell Us)

The new Wii is called the Wii U. It's coming out in America on November 18 and will cost $299, not counting hidden costs.

Nintendo blasted out a ton of news about it today. But they didn't tell us everything.

Here's What We Know
It's $299, for the basic version that includes the console (which is way more powerful than the Wii and somewhere in the ballpark of the PS3/Xbox360, give or take... probably better, not worse), the GamePad (the signature of the system, a controller with a 6.2-inch screen, two analog thumbsticks, a forward-facing camera, a bunch of face buttons and a gyro sensor), 8GB of on-board memory, AC adapters for the console and controller, a sensor bar (take that, Japan) and—surprise!—an HDMI cable. It's white. It does not come with any Wii Remotes, which will be used in many multiplayer games. Hopefully you have some. They need to be Wii Remote Pluses. Want the full specs? Here you go.

It's also $349.99. That's if you buy the Deluxe Set, which has all of the above, though with 32GB of on-board memory, a console stand, a charging cradle for the GamePad and a membership in something called the Deluxe Digital Promotion (DDP!), which will provide discounts for digital downloads, through 2014. The Deluxe version comes with Wii U flagship game Nintendo Land packed in.

They made a thing for it called TVii that is both a crime against the English language and a new service for letting users watch streaming video from sources like Hulu, Netflix and YouTube on the Wii U GamePad, even if someone else in the house is using the TV that the Wii U is hooked up to. It'll even pull stuff that was DVR'd on your TiVo.
You'll be able to play the next Call of Duty on the system, and, better, this game, Black Ops II will let you play split-screen across your TV and the screen on the GamePad. Here's proof.

Bayonetta 2 will be exclusive for the Wii U. We don't know when it's coming out, but the sequel to the super-sexy action game isn't just a steal from the Xbox/PlayStation playbook but a potential answer to the question: "What will grandmas enjoy on the new Wii?"
Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U are Nintendo's only confirmed launch day games (man, there better be more). Nintendo Land is a virtual theme park of Nintendo-themed attractions includes a cool Metroid riff.
New Super Mario Bros. U looks awesome.

Nintendo has declared that some 50 games will be out in the system's launch window, which opens on November 18 and closes on March 31. Those games include ZombiU, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 (Formerly Project 100, Assassin's Creed III, Mass Effect 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, Lego City Undercover, Wii Fit U and a lot more. Here's the whole list.
There will be a new Wii U game from the people who made Xenoblade and a Warriors Orochi game. Also, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The Wii U will offer a sort of gamer's social network called MiiVerse.
GameStop will take your current Wii of your hands for $50.

Here's What We Don't Know (Yet)
Which games are actually coming out on launch day, other than Nintendo Land?
The cost of a second GamePad. No launch games appear to support one, but the system can. Maybe Nintendo held this back from America after revealing that an extra GamePad will cost an extraordinary half of the cost of a basic Wii U bundle in Japan (which, if you do the math, means that the controller kind of actually costs the same as the console sans packed-in controller.)
The cost of Wii Remote Pluses? These will be required for multiplayer in Nintendo Land games and will be the preferred controller option, along with the Wii Nunchuk, for many games. Remote Pluses go for $40 now. The tech is getting old, so maybe Nintendo will cut people a break? Or they'll assume they have them from their Wiis.
The price of games?

We'll have plenty more about Wii U in the hours and days to come. We've got people playing the system right now!

http://kotaku.com/5942991/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-wii-u-that-nintendo-was-willing-to-tell-us

Rudy
09-13-2012, 03:53 PM
We will probably be getting it. $300 is a bit pricey, I was hoping for $250. I don't play the Wii and have no interest in the Wii U but my kids love Mario and Kirby and all the Nintendo games. It would be a Christmas gift for both.

NatureBoy
09-13-2012, 04:06 PM
This will be the first home gaming console made by Nintendo I won't be buying. I couldn't tell you the last time I played a game on the Wii. I wish Nintendo would have made a powerful system with a normal controller. I would have gladly given them my money if they had done that.

Rudy
09-13-2012, 04:10 PM
The good thing is we'll be using all the Wii controllers and sensor bar. The bad news for new Wii U owners is you have to buy all that stuff if you want to play. There is a new controller like the 360 one for the Wii U.

Edit - don't need a sensor bar. All the new ones come with one.

I'm just getting the basic one. The pack in game, extra size and hdmi cable aren't worth it for $50 for me. I prefer the White one too.

souljahbill
09-13-2012, 06:03 PM
The good thing is we'll be using all the Wii controllers and sensor bar. The bad news for new Wii U owners is you have to buy all that stuff if you want to play. There is a new controller like the 360 one for the Wii U.

Edit - don't need a sensor bar. All the new ones come with one.

I'm just getting the basic one. The pack in game, extra size and hdmi cable aren't worth it for $50 for me. I prefer the White one too.

I bet your kids would enjoy NintendoLand. Ever play Wii Party?

bdoughty
09-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Too overpriced for the specs. I was guessing $250.00 at the highest. Throw in the economy and I do not see this one blowing off the shelves like the Wii did.

Rudy
09-13-2012, 06:45 PM
I bet your kids would enjoy NintendoLand. Ever play Wii Party?

Maybe. We never played Wii Party. Those throw in party games get about 15 minutes of action and we never touch them again. I didn't care much for the Nintendoland trailer. The games that top the list for my family that are exclusive would be Super Mario, Lego City and Trine 2. We loved Rayman on the PS3 but I'm not sure spending another $60 on this new one is worth it. I need to find out how different the game is first.

The kids loved Super Mario Bros and Kirby Dreamland on the Wii. They also loved Mario Kart and we did have Donkey Kong as well but that was too hard. They liked both Mario Galaxies. We bought all the Lego games and multi-system games for the PS3 since the graphics were HD. Now we might buy it for the Wii U.

souljahbill
09-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Maybe. We never played Wii Party. Those throw in party games get about 15 minutes of action and we never touch them again. I didn't care much for the Nintendoland trailer. The games that top the list for my family that are exclusive would be Super Mario, Lego City and Trine 2. We loved Rayman on the PS3 but I'm not sure spending another $60 on this new one is worth it. I need to find out how different the game is first.

The kids loved Super Mario Bros and Kirby Dreamland on the Wii. They also loved Mario Kart and we did have Donkey Kong as well but that was too hard. They liked both Mario Galaxies. We bought all the Lego games and multi-system games for the PS3 since the graphics were HD. Now we might buy it for the Wii U.

I got Wii Party mostly to play with my wife. Unlike typical "mini-game" games, Wii Party has 2 board game modes so my wife and I enjoyed playing that together, especially when we had company. It's really fun with four players so if you ever want to have family game night, it would be fun. My wife and I also played through Kirby's Epic Yarn co-op. look into that one as YOU CAN NOT DIE. I liked it better then New Super Mario Bros. Wii which I found highly bland.

Rudy
09-13-2012, 07:09 PM
We have Kirby's Epic Yarn. Kids really liked it but that game was short. I personally didn't like it that much and thought Kirby's Dreamland was better although all my thoughts are based on watching the kids not playing lol. My kids love all the Kirby games including DS.

NatureBoy
09-21-2012, 07:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zLHqb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/w1C37.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0h4Yk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jDaKl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xlwgn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/COFdU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BkYWz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iuReI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UqPrn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5p7sv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5p7sv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xzMvx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KCCEG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5L4zd.jpg

I didn't know it was that compact.

Rudy
09-22-2012, 05:06 AM
I didn't know that either. That thing is tiny!

bdoughty
11-01-2012, 11:08 PM
First US commercial. Music makes me never want to buy a WiiU the rest of the commercial helps to solidify that. Weak sauce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dbGJieRaH0

NatureBoy
11-02-2012, 11:09 AM
I had a chance to mess around with the Wii U demo they have set up at my local GameStop. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The price is still more than I am willing to pay for it. It may be something I pick up once the price goes down in a year or two.

cdj
11-17-2012, 08:40 PM
I've been seeing a few tweets saying that some (many?) pre-orders may not be fulfilled tomorrow. Did anyone here pre-order one?

morsdraconis
11-17-2012, 11:19 PM
FYI, Giantbomb.com, is doing a free (I think) stream unveiling of the Wii-U tomorrow on their website. I might check it out. Some of the stuff you can do with the controller is kinda neat. :dunno:

Rudy
11-18-2012, 06:29 AM
I bought two Wii U deluxes through day one pre-orders and was notified on Friday that both have shipped to me. I don't need to pick them up as one is for the kids for Christmas and the other was to see if I could sell it and make money. 5 GB download though! Hold off on that until you don't plan on playing.

Madden has truly custom hot routes with the gamepad. You can create any hot route you want. Part of me is thinking about getting NBA 2K13 for this system instead of the PS3 but my kids will dominate this thing instead of me lol. Nintendo is allowing companies to set their own e-shop prices. Patches are unlimited and free apparently on the Wii U so devs are very happy. I wonder if Sony and MS will follow suit.

We are just getting Super Mario for the kids initially. That and NintendoLand should be good. I think Scribblenauts, Rayman, Lego City may all be good titles for us down the road. I hope they release a Kirby and Mario Kart game in the near future as well.

souljahbill
11-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Impromptu bought a deluxe this morning. Wife wanted to play Mario. Updating now. So far, I really like the GamePad. Setup was easy with it and now my tv and U-Verse box can be controlled from it.

souljahbill
11-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Wife is playing Mario now. I'm not a graphics guy but this game looks REALLY good on the tv and looks pretty good on the GamePad also.

morsdraconis
11-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Wife is playing Mario now. I'm not a graphics guy but this game looks REALLY good on the tv and looks pretty good on the GamePad also.

You can play that particular Mario game without using the TV at all, if you want (and it looks just as good as it does on the TV). Pretty much the coolest thing about the whole system.

souljahbill
11-18-2012, 12:11 PM
You can play that particular Mario game without using the TV at all, if you want (and it looks just as good as it does on the TV). Pretty much the coolest thing about the whole system.

Yeah, I hooked it up in the bedroom (so that when TVii is up and running, my wife can access all the features) and my wife is "watching" a Lifetime movie while playing Mario U. It looks good on the tv and the pad. She hasn't stopped smiling since I hooked it up and did that long ass update.

Rudy
11-18-2012, 12:49 PM
I'd love to hear some Madden and NBA 2K impressions if you ever get a chance. I'm sure my kids will love Mario when they get it in a month. Is Lego Lord of the Rings coming out on this thing?

steelerfan
11-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I hooked it up in the bedroom (so that when TVii is up and running, my wife can access all the features) and my wife is "watching" a Lifetime movie while playing Mario U. It looks good on the tv and the pad. She hasn't stopped smiling since I hooked it up and did that long ass update.

Good that she's happy, brother. But, beware. Those Lifetime movies all have the same theme - men are evil, abusive, womanizing pigs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

souljahbill
11-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Good that she's happy, brother. But, beware. Those Lifetime movies all have the same theme - men are evil, abusive, womanizing pigs.

Well established. It's why lifetime movies are relegated to bedroom status. Never will the poison come into the living room.

souljahbill
11-18-2012, 08:09 PM
So, yeah, NintendoLand. It's definitely no Wii Sports. My wife loves Mario Chase and the Metroid Game. I'm an Animal Crossing fanatic so I like the Animal Crossing contribution. The game l, as a whole though, is not as good as Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, or even Wii Party (which is highly underrated). My wife and I had a lot of fun with Mario Chase.

NatureBoy
11-18-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm a huge Animal Crossing fanatic as well. What kind of AC game is in NintendoLand?

souljahbill
11-18-2012, 09:10 PM
I'm a huge Animal Crossing fanatic as well. What kind of AC game is in NintendoLand?

Clicky the linky (http://m.ign.com/videos/2012/06/05/nintendo-land-animal-crossing-sweet-day-trailer-e3-2012)

NatureBoy
11-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Clicky the linky (http://m.ign.com/videos/2012/06/05/nintendo-land-animal-crossing-sweet-day-trailer-e3-2012) :up: Thanks!

steelerfan
11-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Well established. It's why lifetime movies are relegated to bedroom status. Never will the poison come into the living room.

:up:

Rudy
11-19-2012, 04:07 AM
So, yeah, NintendoLand. It's definitely no Wii Sports. My wife loves Mario Chase and the Metroid Game. I'm an Animal Crossing fanatic so I like the Animal Crossing contribution. The game l, as a whole though, is not as good as Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, or even Wii Party (which is highly underrated). My wife and I had a lot of fun with Mario Chase.

I've read more than one comment saying NintendoLand isn't as good as Wii Sports. Personally, I thought Wii Sports was weak and it collected dust in our house. All of those games outside of the possible exception of bowling never held the interest of the kids or adults in our house. I can't say NintendoLand won't become a dust collector but it has nowhere to go but up for me when we actually get to play it.

gschwendt
11-28-2012, 10:32 AM
http://v.cdn.cad-comic.com/comics/cad-20121128-17328.png

plotty
12-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Got one of these things a couple weeks ago. Wife bought the 8GB, so after the massive update I have about 3.5GB of space left, which includes all my Wii download, etc. Mainly got it because of the Mario Wii U game we got as a part of Old Navy's Black Friday special. Overall it measures up display wise w/the PS3 (cant vouch for 360). Controls are interchangeable with the Wiimote (which is a plus), but my Wii Classic Controller doesn't work (fail). It has potential to be great once Nintendo licenses game to reach all populations.

Rudy
12-27-2012, 09:32 PM
The Wii U is pretty nice. The menus are slow but I expect that to be upgraded later. We haven't even gotten into NintendoLand. The kids are too busy with Mario and Sonic racing. The Sonic game was a lot of fun and with the gamepad three player split screen is great since two share the TV while the other is on the pad. Game has some awful audio static though with the patches during multi-player for some reason.

The kids love Mario but I have to say I'm disappointed in it a bit. I generally don't play Mario but will hop in when the kids beg. I don't see Mario as a system seller at all. There is nothing really unique about this game. They added a flying squirrel suit but it looks and feels an awful lot like the Wii version. The graphics and music are all the same and reek of an 8-bit video game generation. Graphics are crisp in HD but they have no detail or textures. At some point they need to upgrade the visuals and audio. Couldn't they have at least provided quality background images instead of SNES quality stuff? The fact you can't use the gamepad for traditional multiplayer is beyond stupid.

The kids love it and the gamepad is cool. I'm just hoping this system will continue to sell well and get some good third party support.

plotty
01-02-2013, 07:18 AM
Wife and I beat Mario Bros Wii U yesterday. The first end sequence w/Bowser is very reminiscent of how you have to beat him in the original game minus him throwing hammers. The second end sequence is a bit tougher. Now all is left is to find the star coins and beat the star course, which is ridiculously hard.

One game that didnt get a lot of mention but we love is Fortune Street. Imagine Monopoly w/some tuning in the rules and playing w/Mario and Dragon Quest characters. Each character has its own AI method to play the game. Some moves the AI makes are stupid as hell, but other times its really challenging. Worth a rental if you like games like that - granted the games itself take a while to play.

bdoughty
02-08-2013, 06:37 PM
WiiU taking it on the chin. No Madden this year or Tiger Woods. Someone at Neogaf posted a chart on January software sales in the UK.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512312

Xbox 360 38.4% 810K (-50K) 30.9% 860K
PS3 25.8% 545K (-28K) 20.6% 573K
PC 10.8% 228K (-84K) 11.2% 312K
Wii 8.6% 182K (-352K) 19.2% 534K
NDS 6.6% 139K (-170K) 11.1% 309K
3DS 5.3% 112K (-44K) 5.7% 156K
PSV 2.2% 46K (----) ----% ---K
WiiU 1.6% 34K (----) ----% ---K
PSP 0.6% 13K (-18K) 1.1% 31K
PS2 0.1% 2K (-1K) 0.1% 3K

The sad part is they are including the pack in game Nintendo Land. Losing to the Vita in sales might be the most embarrass part of all this.

I OU a Beatn
02-08-2013, 06:42 PM
The sad part is they are including the pack in game Nintendo Land. Losing to the Vita in sales might be the most embarrass part of all this.

You aren't kidding. WOW!

Rudy
02-08-2013, 07:52 PM
No Madden or Tiger? Wow. That's terrible. I never understood the idea of releasing Madden last year on it due to the late release date and low console numbers but this summer? EA had it backwards.

souljahbill
03-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Everytime I cut on my Wii U and use it, I marvel at just how cool it is. I wouldn't even have a PS3 or 360 if this came out when those systems did. I can't wait for whatever games that are in the pipeline to start coming out.

Rudy
03-17-2013, 05:11 PM
I just hope those games start coming out soon. We haven't played our Wii U much at all. I want games for my kids to play. I'm surprised they wouldn't have another game besides Mario out within 6 months of release. Too slow imo.

bdoughty
03-17-2013, 06:32 PM
I am a bit jealous that Lego City Undercover is a Nintendo backed project. Would have loved to have played it. Sadly the rest of the year is slim pickings.

souljahbill
03-29-2013, 09:04 AM
The more I fool around with the Wii U, the more I love it. I played with Nintendo TVii last night and it's a pretty cool feature. As more people get on Miiverse, the more I see what Nintendo vision for that thing. It's a shame sells suck and it's taking a long time to put games out because I think people really are sleeping on this thing.

JBHuskers
03-29-2013, 10:18 AM
I think people are going to always sleep on this. Don't see it ever taking off.

I OU a Beatn
03-29-2013, 10:44 AM
I have to agree. Aside from their first party games, what do they have to appeal to consumers? Hardware that is on par with what we've already had for 7 years at a $350 asking price? I'm no expert, but I could have told them in advance that wasn't going to fly.

Little confession, I've actually never owned a Nintendo console. I played the shit out of Pokemon on my Game Boy when I was little...I think Nintendo made that.

JBHuskers
03-29-2013, 11:25 AM
I said all along. The Wii took off because of the casual crowd. That crowd is not going to shell out $350 for a new system when they can still play their Wii just fine.

If it drops to $99 I might consider it though :D

gschwendt
03-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Considering the WiiU won't be getting Frostbite 3 nor Unreal 4, don't expect very many third party titles after this year seeing as how most will be developing on those engines.

JBHuskers
03-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Like I've been preaching. Going the SEGA route is Nintendo's best bet. Imagine the sales of Mario on PS3 and 360 if done well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Rudy
03-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Quite frankly the casual crowd argument doesn't work because the Wii sold like crazy to the casual crowd so there is no reason the Wii U can't. The price tag argument doesn't work completely either since the Wii U Basic was like $20 more than the Wii's original price. The deluxe is more money but the market place is different now.

The truth is the market has changed. The demand for consoles is shrinking due to mobile gaming and the slow sales of the Wii U should scare the crap out of Sony and MS. I think there will always be room for at least one console but three is too many. Two may be too many. The slow sales of the Wii U have more to do with the demand for consoles in general imo. I do agree it needs a price cut to spur sales but what's the point if there aren't games to inspire people to buy it in the first place? Nintendo is expected to have some good games out but not until the fall or later. The big N has always been more profitable than Sony or MS because it profited on everything. It never sold at a loss which is the current strategy of Apple and everyone else.

I don't know how well the Wii U will do but I do feel that the bad sales are a sign of the entire market and not just confidence in Nintendo's machine. My family has had a lot of fun with it but I would never own it as my sole gaming machine. Nintendo has never needed the hardcore audience to be that way. I'm not worried about ports going away since I expect the PS3 and 360 to have many more good years left. This next gen will be painfully slow.

JBHuskers
03-29-2013, 02:46 PM
But the casual crowd doesn't jump at a new system for $350 when they are perfectly happy with the Wii they already have.

I OU a Beatn
03-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Like I've been preaching. Going the SEGA route is Nintendo's best bet. Imagine the sales of Mario on PS3 and 360 if done well.

Going software only would be the best route for all the hardware companies, Sony and Microsoft included. They lose so much money on manufacturing their own hardware that it takes massive software sales and sales from services(Xbox Live) to make up for it. Sony spent this entire generation hemorrhaging money because of the ridiculous cost of manufacturing the PS3 and the fact they were selling them at a loss most of this generation. You'd think at least one of the three would wise up and go software only.

Quite frankly the casual crowd argument doesn't work because the Wii sold like crazy to the casual crowd so there is no reason the Wii U can't. The price tag argument doesn't work completely either since the Wii U Basic was like $20 more than the Wii's original price. The deluxe is more money but the market place is different now.

The truth is the market has changed. The demand for consoles is shrinking due to mobile gaming and the slow sales of the Wii U should scare the crap out of Sony and MS. I think there will always be room for at least one console but three is too many. Two may be too many. The slow sales of the Wii U have more to do with the demand for consoles in general imo. I do agree it needs a price cut to spur sales but what's the point if there aren't games to inspire people to buy it in the first place? Nintendo is expected to have some good games out but not until the fall or later. The big N has always been more profitable than Sony or MS because it profited on everything. It never sold at a loss which is the current strategy of Apple and everyone else.

I don't know how well the Wii U will do but I do feel that the bad sales are a sign of the entire market and not just confidence in Nintendo's machine. My family has had a lot of fun with it but I would never own it as my sole gaming machine. Nintendo has never needed the hardcore audience to be that way. I'm not worried about ports going away since I expect the PS3 and 360 to have many more good years left. This next gen will be painfully slow.

I don't agree. They're asking $350 for a console that is comparable to the $300 ones you can buy now that are on their way out. They're about to be replaced by greatly upgraded consoles, and if rumors are true, they're going to be right around the price of the Wii U, which is current gen hardware, IMO.

They need to cut the price and get cracking on first party titles. Like G posted, I don't think they're going to have a very strong 3rd party software lineup. Sony can take the exact same advice on their Vita.

souljahbill
03-29-2013, 04:11 PM
Nintendo is different than Sony and Microsoft. The 3DS and Wii U were the first systems they ever sold that wasn't profit just from hardware and I know Reggie is on the record as saying system+1 game=profit for Nintendo so they don't bleed money. In fact, I remember remember reading a Gamasutra article about how their just sitting on billions in straight cash, not including other assets. Just cash. Hell, the Gamecube era was profitable for Nintendo and that was a 3rd place system. They'll be fine because as long as dudes like putting their penises inside girls vaginas raw and not pulling out, there will always be an audience for Mario, Kirby, Zelda, etc.

Rudy
03-30-2013, 04:43 AM
But the casual crowd doesn't jump at a new system for $350 when they are perfectly happy with the Wii they already have.

Not true. Nobody is playing the Wii right now. Nintendo no longer makes games for it at all and there are very few new releases.

IOU - I am very skeptical about how much these new machines (PS4,720) will cost. I don't see them coming in at under $499 myself. If they do come in closer to $400 then obviously Nintendo will have to slash the price big time and Sony and MS will be back to losing a crap load of money. The Wii U basic machine should be discontinued period imo. I could buy the basic for $199 at Costco right now. A standalone Deluxe at $199 and a bundle package of $249 would be good but it doesn't matter until the next round of big games is released which probably won't be closer to this year's holiday season. Nintendo screwed up by not having more exclusive big title available.

I still maintain that the slow sales of the Wii U spell big problems for everyone this upcoming generation. We shall see.

bdoughty
03-30-2013, 06:08 AM
Not true. Nobody is playing the Wii right now. Nintendo no longer makes games for it at all and there are very few new releases.

I am sure plenty of people are still playing the Wii right now. Just because they are not making games for it does not mean nobody is playing.

December 2012 NPD (U.S Hardware)

Wii: 475,000
Wii U: 460,000

November 2012 NPD (U.S Hardware)

Nintendo Wii U: 425K
Nintendo Wii: 420K

Numbers seem to say that people are not just playing the Wii, they are still buying plenty of them.

Rudy
03-30-2013, 06:49 AM
I guess so lol. The $99 price doesn't hurt although it was collecting dust in our house.

Escobar
04-04-2013, 08:04 PM
People are definitely still playing the Wii. We have more people coming into work looking for the Wii than we do the WiiU. Most people don't even know what the difference is except the tablet controller.

Rudy
04-04-2013, 08:14 PM
People are definitely still playing the Wii. We have more people coming into work looking for the Wii than we do the WiiU. Most people don't even know what the difference is except the tablet controller.

Nintendo has totally blown the marketing on this system. The kiosks need to be set to Luigi's Mansion or Mario Chase with multiple controllers. Those two NintendoLand games along with Animal Crossing Candy Catchers really showcase some of the cool things the controller can do AND be fun. Playing the new Mario does not require the new controller. Even Rayman's demo didn't use it that well. I hate the tablet controller just being a "helper". That's a waste imo.

souljahbill
04-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Nintendo has totally blown the marketing on this system. The kiosks need to be set to Luigi's Mansion or Mario Chase with multiple controllers. Those two NintendoLand games along with Animal Crossing Candy Catchers really showcase some of the cool things the controller can do AND be fun. Playing the new Mario does not require the new controller. Even Rayman's demo didn't use it that well. I hate the tablet controller just being a "helper". That's a waste imo.

Those 3 games (and the coin dropping game) are the only games I REALLY like in NintendoLand. They're so fun!

Rudy
04-05-2013, 04:51 AM
Which one is the coin dropping game? I know my kids have played a lot of the other ones like Zelda, Metroid and Pikmin but I can't remember that one.

souljahbill
04-05-2013, 05:33 AM
Which one is the coin dropping game? I know my kids have played a lot of the other ones like Zelda, Metroid and Pikmin but I can't remember that one.

It's the 8-bit looking game at the top of the tower where you drop coins and they bounce around you you have to hit blue circles. If you hit all the circles, you get a trophy in the plaza.

Rudy
04-05-2013, 05:38 AM
Oh yes. I've seen my son do that.

souljahbill
04-05-2013, 06:17 AM
Oh yes. I've seen my son do that.

You won't believe how addictive it can be. I've played mini-games I don't like just because it was offering double the coins.

gschwendt
05-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Keeps getting worse for 3rd party support on WiiU... no Frostbite 2.

bdoughty
05-08-2013, 03:17 AM
What I would consider bad is how many games were released on the WiiU in April. ONE. Injustice: Gods Among Us. That was the only game released in the US for the whole month. They actually had just as many Wii games released in the same month. ONE. Pandora's Tower.

Rudy
05-08-2013, 04:28 AM
The release schedule has been way too light. I don't get Nintendo. They thought they could release Mario and NintendoLand on day one and that would be good enough for all their first party games for almost a year? No Mario Kart, Yoshi or anything else for that long? It's clear with the lack of third party support outside of Ubisoft that the big N has to pump this system up on its own and they have failed big time in that area.

Lego City is NOT a system seller. The city is huge but it's more than offset negatively when you can only play one player. That was a horrible design decision. My kids can't play together and I can't play with them. Makes the game a mediocre Lego title imo.

bdoughty
05-16-2013, 07:22 PM
EA Has No Games in Development For Nintendo's Wii U (http://kotaku.com/ea-has-no-games-in-development-for-nintendos-wii-u-507588994)

Nintendo really just needs to say sorry, scrap the WiiU and put something out on the market that someone outside of Nintendo will develop a game for.

Rudy
05-16-2013, 09:47 PM
EA Has No Games in Development For Nintendo's Wii U (http://kotaku.com/ea-has-no-games-in-development-for-nintendos-wii-u-507588994)

Nintendo really just needs to say sorry, scrap the WiiU and put something out on the market that someone outside of Nintendo will develop a game for.

Not true imo. Nintendo does not need EA to be successful. It would help but it's not a requirement. Madden and NCAA Football are not why the Wii succeeded and won't ultimately affect the Wii U's success. Tiger Woods did well so I'm surprised they haven't developed a TW game for it.

The Wii U is struggling due to a lack of first party games right now. Over the next year that will improve with a 3D Mario and Mario Kart along with a Yoshi game. Nintendo has always been carried by itself and the first party games. I do believe the Wii U's struggles are more of an indication that all next gen gaming will struggle.

gschwendt
05-16-2013, 09:51 PM
I do believe the Wii U's struggles are more of an indication that all next gen gaming will struggle.
This I wholeheartedly don't agree with... if the WiiU had made a leap in terms of system specs, then I could see your point, but at this point, it's a new console that's part of an outgoing generation. They thought the innovation of the new controller would be enough to carry them but the truth of the matter is that the console isn't as powerful/developer-friendly as even a 360.

I think the new consoles will be able to sell well because they'll have significant graphic updates, significant system resources, and significant features to carry the next generation of consoles forward.

bdoughty
05-16-2013, 11:40 PM
This I wholeheartedly don't agree with... if the WiiU had made a leap in terms of system specs, then I could see your point, but at this point, it's a new console that's part of an outgoing generation. They thought the innovation of the new controller would be enough to carry them but the truth of the matter is that the console isn't as powerful/developer-friendly as even a 360.

I think the new consoles will be able to sell well because they'll have significant graphic updates, significant system resources, and significant features to carry the next generation of consoles forward.

I agree. With third party developers working on next gen products they simply are not going to spend the time to port down something for the WiiU, not to mention having to find things to to utilize the gamepad. This is not just sports games, we are talking all EA games. With each passing year the WiiU will fall further behind as this generation of systems will eventually stop getting games for it.

Nintendo simply does not have the manpower to make enough first party software and keep the majority of customers happy.

Rudy
05-17-2013, 04:31 AM

I completely disagree with this. The Wii was one of the biggest console successes of all time and yet it released as a very underpowered console compared to the PS3 and 360. It didn't even have HD. The Wii U doesn't need the same power as the PS4/Durango to succeed. I do think the console should have had more power myself but I don't think that is what is holding it back. It needs a price cut and more top shelf games. Marketing the Gamepad has been a failure but for anyone who has played NintendoLand you can see how much fun it is. NintendoLand is so much better than Wii Sports ever was and nobody even knows.

Second, this next leap to the PS4/Durango will be the weakest graphical jump ever imo. The games already look great, the improvement won't be that big a deal for me. It certainly won't be as big a leap as from the PS1 to the PS2. Simply boosting horsepower on the next system is no longer a guaranteed system seller. I don't think the new horsepower of a console engine will be that much of an attraction other than to the extreme hardcore gamer.

Mobile gaming is cutting into console sales and console game sales no matter which way anyone looks at it. Those casual gamers which Nintendo relied on and are sticking with cheap mobile games. That may hurt the Wii U more than Sony/MS but they take up market share for everyone. I think another big problem of mobile gaming is that people are getting cheaper with their gaming spending. They love 99 cent games and now gripe about paying $60 for a game. When you factor in inflation and the type of games we are getting for $60 it's a great deal and yet I see a lot of complaining on deal forums about the price. These new systems won't be cheap. Mobile games don't focus on graphics either. That market has taken off despite the lack of great graphics. People are satisfied with the current visuals and most won't pay a lot of money for an upgrade in that area. The market can no longer support 2-3 hardcore consoles imo. I think this next round will be tough on everyone.

bdoughty
05-17-2013, 06:11 AM
The Wii may not have had the HD Graphics but it had the waggle and motion control wowed the masses and they in turn went Wii crazy. Nintendo lost the casuals when it's hip new thing for WiiU was the gamepad/touchscreen. The casuals moved on to the 3DS, tablets, Ipads, mobile games and still buying the Wii, as I have shown you in the past. All that Nintendo is left with are Nintendo fans and a few carryovers from the Wii. They launched without a proper new Mario game and the best they can do with Zelda is a remake.

There is plenty of excitement for the Sony and MS systems. People are ready for the next step and are obviously unwilling to stay with the current gen graphics and a gamepad/touchscreen. That next step might not be some grand graphical leap but there will be enough there to keep me questioning what the heck Nintendo was thinking. E3 will be a good judge of where the interest in next gen gaming lies. My money is on Sony and MS this fall/winter with Nintendo dominating the handhelds.

CLW
05-17-2013, 03:42 PM
EA Senior Engineer, "The WiiU is Crap"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/17/ea-senior-engineer-the-wii-u-is-crap

souljahbill
05-17-2013, 04:56 PM
I like my Wii U so that's all that matters to me.

JBHuskers
05-20-2013, 09:08 PM
The WiiU couldn't even outsell the Wii in April... (http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/05/21/wii-u-sales-rumor-for-april-cant-even-outsell-wii/)

CLW
05-20-2013, 09:23 PM
The WiiU couldn't even outsell the Wii in April... (http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/05/21/wii-u-sales-rumor-for-april-cant-even-outsell-wii/)

Nintendo is in HUGE trouble. PS4/720 are going to launch crush the WiiU even more. Same fate as Sega. Sony/MS should be working on getting exclusive rights to Mario et al.

JBHuskers
05-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Nintendo is in HUGE trouble. PS4/720 are going to launch crush the WiiU even more. Same fate as Sega. Sony/MS should be working on getting exclusive rights to Mario et al.

I only said that months ago :D dammit, I should be rich by now!

morsdraconis
05-21-2013, 05:07 AM
Nintendo will not die down. As soon as they have a new Zelda game, their sales will skyrocket.

Also, I wouldn't be so gung-ho about predicting crushing results for the PS4/Durango. Nintendo has NEVER done this badly in the console market (even when the Gamecube was CLEARLY the inferior product). It could be a STRONG indication that consumers aren't ready to shell out $400+ for a console again like they have been in the past. I know I'm most definitely not going to.

bdoughty
05-21-2013, 05:09 AM

Just imagine of you actually read my posts, you would have known this sooner (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?1164-Random-Video-Game-Talk&p=196691&viewfull=1#post196691). :P

bdoughty
05-21-2013, 05:12 AM
I know I'm most definitely not going to.

http://i.imgur.com/UmpOi.gif

cdj
05-22-2013, 06:48 AM
EA will be making some games for Wii U (http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4351844/ea-developing-wii-u-games):

Electronic Arts is developing games for the Wii U, but not as many as the company is developing for Sony and Microsoft's consoles, EA's chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen said today during the Stifel Nicolaus 2013 Internet, Media and Communications Conference.

Jorgensen's statement seems to contradict a statement last week from EA spokesman Jeff Brown, who said last week that the company has "no games in development for the Wii U currently."

When asked by a conference attendee which console manufacturer would lead the next generation, Jorgensen said that consumers, not publishers, would be the ones to decide.

"You know, I think Nintendo's business was more [an] extension of their last console," Jorgensen said today. "We are building titles for the Nintendo console, but not anywhere near as many as we are for PS or Xbox."

"I think what the consumer will find is a lot more powerful gameplay with the new boxes that are coming out, and a lot of excitement, but it'll remain to be seen as to the services associated with those as to how consumers decide which direction they might want to go."

EA previously announced that neither Madden NFL 25 or FIFA 14 would make their way to Wii U this year, the latter because "commercial results were disappointing" for FIFA 13, which was a launch title for Wii U. Today, Jorgensen also revealed that NBA Live 14 is headed to next-gen consoles.

bdoughty
05-22-2013, 03:31 PM
They are taking some heat from one of their employees comments (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559004). I still do not see them doing much in the way of sports games on the system.

Escobar
05-22-2013, 03:40 PM
The Wii U isn't struggling because the console market is doomed to struggle. They are struggling because they did not innovate enough when they made the Wii U. The Wii was the majority of people's secondary console, behind PS3 or 360. So why would they go out and get another secondary console when they cannot see the difference. We still have people coming into our store looking for the Wii. When they ask what's the difference for the WiiU they mostly only think it's the touchpad plus HDMI output. Especially when the same Wii controllers work on the WiiU. That is not enough to justify a new purchase when they PS4/One come out this fall. As soon as the PS4 was announced people were asking when is the release date. Even recently we have had people holding off on PS3 purchases so they can get a PS4 this fall, because they can see a noticeable difference in what the console can do. Nintendo definitely needs to take the Sega route or they will not fare too well in 2014.

And to mors the Gamecube was not clearly the inferior product compared to PS2. The graphics on Gamecube were smoother than PS2, plus the Gamecube had Smash Bros and better game selection compared to its competitors than the WiiU does. Who's going to buy a system when their favorite games are not released on it, or are somewhat watered down versions.

souljahbill
05-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Nintendo's best bet is to play the 2nd console card next gen. No need to get a PS4 and a One since its 2 sides of the same coin. Since the Wii U IS different than both, play the PS4/Wii U or One/Wii U card.

souljahbill
11-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Bowling online in Wii Sports Club has been awesome thus far. It's still a killer app. Totally worth $10.

Rudy
11-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Skylanders Swap Force looks good on the Wii U.

CLW
11-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Skylanders Swap Force looks good on the Wii U.

Yeah looks like a fun game for the entire family. It's also available on XB1, PS4, PS3 and 360 if I am not mistaken so not a system seller.

Rudy
11-10-2013, 05:12 PM
And you can use all those characters for different platforms. My nephews have them on 360 so they can bring theirs over to our house and our kids can do the same. That part is cool. Paying a lot of money for different toy characters is not cool.

CLW
11-10-2013, 05:16 PM
And you can use all those characters for different platforms. My nephews have them on 360 so they can bring theirs over to our house and our kids can do the same. That part is cool. Paying a lot of money for different toy characters is not cool.

Yeah I was actually interested in potentially picking it up (having an itch for an old school platformer type game) but then I found out you had to buy additional toys to get all the characters and they are like $15 a pop and I was OUT for that game. I'll stick with Knack.

Rudy
11-10-2013, 05:21 PM
I had no clue what Knack was. Just googled it. Is that only PS4? It didn't look next gen.

Do you like the Lego games at all? Try Lego Marvel.

souljahbill
12-18-2013, 05:15 PM
The most underappreciated golf game ever is now on Wii U, Wii Sports Golf. To me, Wii Sports Golf was better than Tiger Woods on the Wii even though Tiger got all the accolades. Can't wait to pick this puppy up.

Rudy
12-18-2013, 07:14 PM
The new Hyrule Warriors game coming out next year looks interesting. Donkey Kong is coming out too but I found that too hard on the Wii. My kids really struggled with that game compared to Mario. I don't know why Nintendo doesn't offer difficulty levels - even if it's just an extra heart on your life. I was hoping to hear more about the new Yoshi game.

souljahbill
12-18-2013, 07:46 PM
The new Hyrule Warriors game coming out next year looks interesting. Donkey Kong is coming out too but I found that too hard on the Wii. My kids really struggled with that game compared to Mario. I don't know why Nintendo doesn't offer difficulty levels - even if it's just an extra heart on your life. I was hoping to hear more about the new Yoshi game.

That new Zelda game did look pretty good. I'm definitely down with the new Mario Kart and Smash Bros. That airport level looked amazing in MK and that Rosalina trailer with the Galaxy music in the background was magic.

jaymo76
12-18-2013, 08:03 PM
The have a wiiu under the tree for the kids. My oldest is pretty exicted about the mario Kart previews but he is upset that we don't have a wiiu... Christmas countdown is on...

Rudy
12-19-2013, 04:13 AM
Jaymo - make sure you get NintendoLand! A GREAT family game. Should be able to get a copy for $20.

jaymo76
12-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Jaymo - make sure you get NintendoLand! A GREAT family game. Should be able to get a copy for $20.

I checked at BB and Futureshop and they both wanted $59.99 Maybe a sale in the near future? By the way, have you played the new Zelda? My wife loved the series as a kid... though I was never a huge fan.

GatorfanStovy
12-23-2013, 10:57 PM
I want a wii u for x mas or xbox one.

Rudy
12-24-2013, 05:13 AM
I checked at BB and Futureshop and they both wanted $59.99 Maybe a sale in the near future? By the way, have you played the new Zelda? My wife loved the series as a kid... though I was never a huge fan.

I was never a fan of Zelda as a kid. My brother liked it. Either way I haven't played it but the people that have seemed to love it. The true next Zelda comes out next year.

souljahbill
12-24-2013, 06:11 AM

Are you talking about WindWaker?

That's my 2nd favorite Zelda game ever (I adore the music). I don't have the HD-remake (I actually still have my GameCube version) but it's an amazing game.

If you don't want to buy NintendoLand at $60 (which I don't blame you), you can get Wii Party U. I had Wii Party on the Wii and I think it's better than NintendoLand. It comes with an additional controller as well.

You can also download Wii Sports Club. It's an HD update to Wii Sports. Bowling is still a killer app. 4-player tennis is always fun and Wii Sports golf is the most fun golf game to play on the market, period.

Rudy
12-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Jaymo, Amazon has it for $25 and I'd check Shoppers or Costco on it. We just played some more yesterday. I think we just hit 400 games of Luigi's Ghost Mansion. We've got around 350 Mario Chase and 300 Animal Crossing Candy game. Plus the kids have played some of the other games quite a bit. We have certainly got our monies worth with that game.

Rudy
12-24-2013, 08:28 AM
I picked up Madden 13 for the Wii U. My son was disappointed when I traded in my Madden 25 as I got hooked on NCAA 14. He likes playing with the Lions so I got the Wii U version for $10 off Amazon. I have to say the tablet controller would be perfect for football games in the future. Picking plays on it, audibling and doing quick hot routes for anyone on the field is easy and great. The game itself looks great (as good as the PS3 version) pre-play, post-play, intros, replays and cut scenes. But in actual gameplay the graphics clearly look worse than the PS3. The player models lose their crispness and don't look as good. The game runs at probably 30 fps as well. It's not the game killer that Pastapadre said it was and you get used to it but it clearly doesn't look as good. Still, the gamepad controls are pretty sweet and $10 for a game we'll only play once in awhile is a good deal.

souljahbill
12-24-2013, 08:37 AM
Jaymo, Amazon has it for $25 and I'd check Shoppers or Costco on it. We just played some more yesterday. I think we just hit 400 games of Luigi's Ghost Mansion. We've got around 350 Mario Chase and 300 Animal Crossing Candy game. Plus the kids have played some of the other games quite a bit. We have certainly got our monies worth with that game.

Those are the only 3 games I like and play on NintendoLand. Oh, and the Plinko game. That's fun too.

souljahbill
12-24-2013, 08:38 AM
I picked up Madden 13 for the Wii U. My son was disappointed when I traded in my Madden 25 as I got hooked on NCAA 14. He likes playing with the Lions so I got the Wii U version for $10 off Amazon. I have to say the tablet controller would be perfect for football games in the future. Picking plays on it, audibling and doing quick hot routes for anyone on the field is easy and great. The game itself looks great (as good as the PS3 version) pre-play, post-play, intros, replays and cut scenes. But in actual gameplay the graphics clearly look worse than the PS3. The player models lose their crispness and don't look as good. The game runs at probably 30 fps as well. It's not the game killer that Pastapadre said it was and you get used to it but it clearly doesn't look as good. Still, the gamepad controls are pretty sweet and $10 for a game we'll only play once in awhile is a good deal.

Want to get it once it's mega-cheap.

GatorfanStovy
12-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Wii U keeps look like fun as hell. I really want get but um Xbox one will be my first next gen. I miss all those Mario games and the new 3D world looks cool. Wii U needs a price drop lol.

Rudy
12-25-2013, 04:00 AM
Wii U got a price drop in the fall so don't expect another one soon. You should be able to find a Mario bundle (or some bundle) on sale for $250 if you want it. That pretty much means the console is $200 and with full backwards compatibility on games AND controllers. It's worth it if you want to play the Nintendo games. It's not worth it if you want it as a sole system and for crossover games.

GatorfanStovy
12-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Oh I didn't know they price dropped it already my bad. But ya 250 ain't bad. Nope not looking for crossovers just playing some good old Nintendo games.

jaymo76
12-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Wii U got a price drop in the fall so don't expect another one soon. You should be able to find a Mario bundle (or some bundle) on sale for $250 if you want it. That pretty much means the console is $200 and with full backwards compatibility on games AND controllers. It's worth it if you want to play the Nintendo games. It's not worth it if you want it as a sole system and for crossover games.

Yeah we got the $249 bundle with two games. It's nice too because all of my wife's Wii games AND the controllers can be used on the WiiU. Why oh why didn't PS4 do this as well??? The PS3 runs soooooooooooo slow as compared to the 4.

GatorfanStovy
12-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Very nice Jaymo maybe down the road in the summer i can pick it up after the Xbox One. the gal has been very bored with COD already lol. Need something new to play.

GatorfanStovy
12-27-2013, 05:02 AM
So tempting right now to sell my ps3. It's collecting dust. Would so give the Wii U a try if I got good amount for it. Kind of bored with ps3 right now.

jaymo76
12-27-2013, 07:45 PM
Hand down... Super Mario World 3D may well be the best game of the year for me. I'm NOT a Nintendo person but this game is awesome. Anyone who owns a wiiu should pick this up. My wife swung by Target at 6am on boxing day (a Canadian thing...) and got it for $39. The whole family have been playing the heck out of it. Yes it's Mario Bros. but it's nothing you have experienced before. The game is truly excellent!

jaymo76
12-27-2013, 07:48 PM
As a sidenote, the set-up file transfer between wii/u is probably the most time consuming and complex of any system I have ever owned. PS4 is up and ready to go in 15 mins. 2+ hours later and I was still trying to link accounts, etc.

Has anyone set up the TV function on the remote? I skipped it altogether as I didn't really see much benefit in it.

souljahbill
12-27-2013, 08:12 PM
Hand down... Super Mario World 3D may well be the best game of the year for me. I'm NOT a Nintendo person but this game is awesome. Anyone who owns a wiiu should pick this up. My wife swung by Target at 6am on boxing day (a Canadian thing...) and got it for $39. The whole family have been playing the heck out of it. Yes it's Mario Bros. but it's nothing you have experienced before. The game is truly excellent!

Like I said in the best games of 2013 thread, it's my Game of the Year.

souljahbill
12-27-2013, 08:16 PM
As a sidenote, the set-up file transfer between wii/u is probably the most time consuming and complex of any system I have ever owned. PS4 is up and ready to go in 15 mins. 2+ hours later and I was still trying to link accounts, etc.

Has anyone set up the TV function on the remote? I skipped it altogether as I didn't really see much benefit in it.

True, it does take a long time but isn't it cute how the Pikmin transfer everything over? LOL!

The Wii U as a remote/Nintendo TVii is underrated. It's my favorite remote control and Nintendo TVii, once you start inputting all your favorites, is good for letting you know when your favorites are on.

Rudy
12-28-2013, 05:58 AM
I haven't bothered with the TV remote. With a harmony I don't need it.

souljahbill
01-01-2014, 05:08 PM
My wife and I have accumulated the 170 stars needed to tackle the last level of Super Mario 3D World. What a magnificent game. I know I'd do better if I were playing solo but hearing my wife have fun while we play together has made all the deaths worth it because I know she's having fun as well.

And that Mario Kart themed level is so incredibly fun that we played it multiple times in a row.

souljahbill
01-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Super Mario 3D World "spoiler" stuff.

After defeating Bowser, you unlock more worlds. These levels are NOT for novices. They are challenge levels. Expect lots of dying if you're not a seasoned gamer. You also unlock Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy after the second level who's spin attack makes defeating enemies much easier.

jaymo76
01-02-2014, 03:00 PM
My wife and I have accumulated the 170 stars needed to tackle the last level of Super Mario 3D World. What a magnificent game. I know I'd do better if I were playing solo but hearing my wife have fun while we play together has made all the deaths worth it because I know she's having fun as well.

And that Mario Kart themed level is so incredibly fun that we played it multiple times in a row.

I love how you need to have enough stars to unlock things. This really adds to the game experience as you have to get at least two stars per level. Currently my wife and oldest son are on the castle in world five. I want to try and finish before I go back to work next week.

Rudy
01-03-2014, 04:37 AM
I love how you need to have enough stars to unlock things. This really adds to the game experience as you have to get at least two stars per level. Currently my wife and oldest son are on the castle in world five. I want to try and finish before I go back to work next week.

I do like that so it keeps my kids from skipping ahead. I've played some levels with them although I must say my kids aren't infatuated with Mario like they used to be. The original Mario on the Wii had my son unlocking everything and finding all the tricks. He didn't do that for the Wii U version and both kids aren't really doing that with the 3D version either. They do have a lot of games they play, mainly on iPods/tablets, that take up their time but I no longer see Mario as a system seller. It's still a really fun game but clearly the Wii U needs more than Mario.

jaymo76
01-03-2014, 10:05 PM
The Nintendo store sure does NOT have a lot of games/features. That will need to improve going forward. On a Brightside however, I love how easy YouTube is to use with the WiiU.

jaymo76
01-03-2014, 10:07 PM
I do like that so it keeps my kids from skipping ahead. I've played some levels with them although I must say my kids aren't infatuated with Mario like they used to be. The original Mario on the Wii had my son unlocking everything and finding all the tricks. He didn't do that for the Wii U version and both kids aren't really doing that with the 3D version either. They do have a lot of games they play, mainly on iPods/tablets, that take up their time but I no longer see Mario as a system seller. It's still a really fun game but clearly the Wii U needs more than Mario.

I am not a Nintendo gamer at all (well not since grade 8...) but I am playing Mario World 3d more than I am playing PS4. The Game is just fun. However, the problem I see with Nintendo is that there is not a lot of variety in games as compared to the other big systems.

souljahbill
05-28-2014, 04:15 PM
Mario Kart 8 this weekend!

bdoughty
05-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Mario Kart 8 this weekend!

Really? After this review (http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2014/05/mario-kart-8-review-wii-u.html), you are going to get this game.

After 30 years there are still zero Mario characters of color, a problem that Mario Kart 8 highlights by lining up all the characters on a single screen. When it comes to human characters, Mario Kart 8 is overwhelmingly white. Of the 29 drivers, 14 are human (including Toad and Toadette), and every single one of them is white. While it’d be atypical of Nintendo to introduce new characters into a Mario Kart game, it’s also where the deficit is the most obvious, and during play I found myself disappointed that Nintendo’s stable of characters so painfully fails to reflect the diversity of its audience.

:D:fp::bang:

souljahbill
05-28-2014, 04:45 PM
LMAO! Since being introduced in Mario Kart Wii, I always played as my Mii.......who is definitely black.

bdoughty
05-28-2014, 04:55 PM
Yeah he forgot to mention that option and the fact the game was made by Asians.

Rudy
05-28-2014, 08:06 PM
I never even paid attention to that. Nintendo is behind the times on quite a few things.

Hopefully the game arrives Friday for the kids.

steelerfan
05-28-2014, 08:14 PM

souljahbill
05-28-2014, 08:15 PM
I never even paid attention to that. Nintendo is behind the times on quite a few things.

Hopefully the game arrives Friday for the kids.

I'm black and even I think it's a stupid argument. No one plays Mario games for cultural diversity.

Rudy
05-28-2014, 08:18 PM
True but most main characters are white and guys. I don't spend time worrying about it but I can see where critics are coming from.

souljahbill
05-28-2014, 08:23 PM
True but most main characters are white and guys. I don't spend time worrying about it but I can see where critics are coming from.

I think it's an silly internet "controversy" created for page views. Once they add a black Italian plumber with matching black Italian princess, that pandering will make us roll our eyes moreso than exclusion.

bdoughty
05-28-2014, 08:25 PM

Not when you can use the Mii and have your character any color you want. I never see where critics are coming from because the progressive, whinny, spoiled, white privileged, twats will cry about anything.

Just look at Gamespot today (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-santa-barbara-killer-is-a-product-of-our-culture-and-we-shouldn-t-hide-from-that-fact/1100-6419904/). Gotta find something to blame every event on. People just can't be crazy anymore. (thanks Chris Rock)

Oh and this has been around for quite some time.

http://img0.joyreactor.com/pics/post/mario-racism-295290.jpeg

Rudy
05-28-2014, 08:32 PM
Lol.

bdoughty
05-28-2014, 08:47 PM
I think it's an silly internet "controversy" created for page views. Once they add a black Italian plumber with matching black Italian princess, that pandering will make us roll our eyes moreso than exclusion.

Fortunately we have cosplay to see what the results might yield.

http://i.imgur.com/pimRBEG.jpg http://i.imgur.com/txFYhZE.jpg

David Alan Grier's career has really spiraled to the bottom. :P

JBHuskers
05-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Really? After this review (http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2014/05/mario-kart-8-review-wii-u.html), you are going to get this game.

After 30 years there are still zero Mario characters of color, a problem that Mario Kart 8 highlights by lining up all the characters on a single screen. When it comes to human characters, Mario Kart 8 is overwhelmingly white. Of the 29 drivers, 14 are human (including Toad and Toadette), and every single one of them is white. While it’d be atypical of Nintendo to introduce new characters into a Mario Kart game, it’s also where the deficit is the most obvious, and during play I found myself disappointed that Nintendo’s stable of characters so painfully fails to reflect the diversity of its audience.

:D:fp::bang:

http://buriedplanet.com/userfiles/thats_racist_animated1.gif

jaymo76
06-02-2014, 08:39 PM
haven't picked up Mario Kart 8 yet but it looks pretty good (if you're into that type of game). However, I am surprised that my oldest son hasn't been too interested in picking it up. All he wants to play is minecraft. Anyone have 8 yet???

Rudy
06-02-2014, 09:09 PM
I've got 8. The kids played a lot this weekend in the car on the way to Toronto and at my sister-in-laws. The tracks do look really nice and are interesting from what I watched. I only did one race myself. It's Mario Kart in HD.

Personally I've never really liked Mario Kart. I greatly preferred ModNation racers. The racing is quicker and it's a challenge more with the track rather than getting shot by other competitors. The kids love it though.

Rudy
06-02-2014, 09:23 PM
I should add that we downloaded Pikmin 3 and that looks really good. Haven't played it much.

The thing that kills me is that the game pad controller isn't utilized in most of the classic games. I think it could be great with next gen sports games but that isn't going to happen.

JBHuskers
06-16-2014, 09:17 PM
Now this sounds cool.

http://appygamer.mobilesrepublic.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=1&articleid=24630913

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

souljahbill
01-24-2015, 01:42 PM
I got the Wii version of Punchout and its restaurant quality. It's currently on sale for $10 in the eShop but it goes up to $20 next week. I've been playing it with the Wii remote sideways NES-style as there is no GamePad/Classic Controller (Pro) support. I wrecked the Minor Circuit but things got more difficult by the 2nd dude in the Major Circuit. There's a practice mode to learn the tells of the boxers so you can be better prepared in Career mode. If you liked the original, it's a no-brainer for $10.
http://youtu.be/BA_PcLyHVuU

jaymo76
01-25-2015, 02:08 PM
I got the Wii version of Punchout and its restaurant quality. It's currently on sale for $10 in the eShop but it goes up to $20 next week. I've been playing it with the Wii remote sideways NES-style as there is no GamePad/Classic Controller (Pro) support. I wrecked the Minor Circuit but things got more difficult by the 2nd dude in the Major Circuit. There's a practice mode to learn the tells of the boxers so you can be better prepared in Career mode. If you liked the original, it's a no-brainer for $10.
http://youtu.be/BA_PcLyHVuU

I love the backwards capatability of the WiiU and I appreciate how many games they re-master. The fatal flaw of the system for me however is the controller scheme. While I find the gamepad very good, it's all of the other issues (game using nuchucks for two player, games that lack the pro controller scheme, etc.). It really is crazy.

On another topic... right now the kids are on a Super Smash bros fix. The game is a lot of fun... IF you have several people to play against. Singly player not so much but a group of people and it's pretty fun.

souljahbill
01-25-2015, 07:19 PM
I still have 4 Wii remotes and 2 nunchucks from the Wii days so the controller stuff is probably less of an issue for me than for y'all. I still have 4 GameCube controllers from my GameCube days so I'm definitely good on controllers.

My favorite part about SSB is the music. Sooooooooo many fantastic tracks. When my wife makes me clean up the living room, I turn the game on, go to the sound test and put it on shuffle. There aren't too many skips for me.

Some of my favorites:
Stickerbush Symphony (Donkey Kong Country)
http://youtu.be/7Mj3CqW75uQ

Champions Road (Super Mario 3D World)
http://youtu.be/f9NJ70g31rI

Ending Theme (Yoshi's Story)
http://youtu.be/K7mKWRjmsug

Id (Purpose) (Fire Emblem)
http://youtu.be/683q5ETJpMA

Animal Crossing (Title) (Animal Crossing)
http://youtu.be/i3nobz3a_DQ

souljahbill
03-09-2015, 09:20 AM
Bought Hyrule Warriors Saturday. Game is way more fun than I expected. I bought a Link Amiibo also to unlock the Spinner weapon from Twilight Princess.[

Rudy
03-09-2015, 09:34 AM
Hyrule interested me. That's a 1 player only game right?

The kids just got Tomodachi Life on the 3DS. They love it. I know Animal Crossing (never played) gets better reviews but for kids that are 10 and soon to be 8 they love it.

souljahbill
03-09-2015, 04:39 PM
Hyrule interested me. That's a 1 player only game right?

The kids just got Tomodachi Life on the 3DS. They love it. I know Animal Crossing (never played) gets better reviews but for kids that are 10 and soon to be 8 they love it.

It's actually 2 players. Player 1 plays on the touchscreen while player 2 can use nunchuck+wiimote or the Classic Controller Pro.

GatorfanStovy
03-10-2015, 06:50 PM
Is the Wii U worth picking up over the ps vita? I've been wanting a new portable system for a while now but also torn between the wii u since it has a tone of games and Mario fun games and like you guys a lot of retro games too..

What do u guys think ?

souljahbill
03-10-2015, 07:05 PM
Is it worth getting? Absolutely! Over a Vita? Only you can make that call.

GatorfanStovy
03-11-2015, 12:38 AM
Is it worth getting? Absolutely! Over a Vita? Only you can make that call.

I know i'm having a hard time with it. I really want the vita to have something on the road but also the Wii U would be nice to have a home too just the fact the mario games etc and wii games. Gf like those kind of games/system. But I dunno torn on the too system to get next. The vita does lack in game libary but would be getting it mostly for mlb the show .. sucks I'd have to downgrade to madden 13 tho . oh well. .

Rudy
03-11-2015, 05:08 AM
Why not just get a 3Ds instead of either? It had most of the Wii u library and is portable with far more support and games than the Vita.

JBHuskers
03-11-2015, 09:00 AM
Depends on what you want to play. If you want to play all of the indy titles that are on PS4, then Vita is for you. If you want to play the Nintendo titles, then get a 3DS. Basically comes down to what you want to play.

GatorfanStovy
03-11-2015, 03:47 PM
Ya I'm not intio the 3ds really. The game libary is huge i admit but not my system I'd rather take the graphics on the vita nd mlb the show .

souljahbill
03-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Ya I'm not intio the 3ds really. The game libary is huge i admit but not my system I'd rather take the graphics on the vita nd mlb the show .

Like I said, a Wii U is worth buying. At this point, you'll never be able to play all the good games on it and there are more to come. The GamePad is probably the most underappreciated controller in gaming history. There aren't a million killer apps on it but it does a bunch of little things really well that you have to experience.

Rudy
03-20-2015, 01:49 PM
I simply cannot recommend the wii u to people. It's a good party system but largely a dust collector. Get it cheap or don't buy it. I don't see a good reason to have both a 3ds and wii u.

Just got Mario party 10 for the kids on wii u and I am bored out o my skull. Nintendoland is SO much better. This game already feels like a giant waste of money. I hope it gets better. This system feels expensive at $200. It should be $150 or less.

CLW
03-22-2015, 03:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAUfGqKS-HM

souljahbill
05-28-2015, 08:32 AM
I'm gonna bite the bullet and get Splatoon today. It's been getting good reviews and all the YouTube videos I've watched make it look to be a lot of fun.

Hank
05-29-2015, 11:43 AM
I'm gonna bite the bullet and get Splatoon today. It's been getting good reviews and all the YouTube videos I've watched make it look to be a lot of fun.

Let me know how you like it.
My son got some birthday money so he purchased a used Wii U. It's actually the 2nd time he's owned one. The first time he had it, he loved it. But after he completed all his games, it collected dust and he only wanted games for the 360.
But since then, some new games have come out that he really wants. Splatoon is one of them.

souljahbill
05-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Let me know how you like it.
My son got some birthday money so he purchased a used Wii U. It's actually the 2nd time he's owned one. The first time he had it, he loved it. But after he completed all his games, it collected dust and he only wanted games for the 360.
But since then, some new games have come out that he really wants. Splatoon is one of them.

Been playing all morning. It's hella fun. Seriously. Way more fun than I anticipated.

souljahbill
05-30-2015, 06:19 AM
I ended up playing damn near all day yesterday. I can't really explain just how fun the game is. It just is. If it looks appealing to you, don't be afraid to take a chance. I don't know everyone's taste so I can't promise you'll like it too but I have no problem saying that there's a good chance you'll enjoy it.

JBHuskers
06-01-2015, 09:25 AM
It looks and feels a lot like Plants v. Zombies: Garden Warfare; which is a fun game too.

souljahbill
06-01-2015, 09:44 AM
It looks and feels a lot like Plants v. Zombies: Garden Warfare; which is a fun game too.

From what I've seen of that, you're correct. In PvZ, you win by kill count, right? Deathmatch?

JBHuskers
06-01-2015, 10:17 AM
Yeah, but there is also co-op.

souljahbill
06-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Yeah, but there is also co-op.

That's what I figured.

You don't get any points for killing and you don't lose points for getting killed in Splatoon. The goal is to cover as much ground as possible in your color. Whichever team has the highest cover percentage wins. It takes the pressure of being good at killing off of people and allows people who suck at shooters to contribute.

Hank
06-02-2015, 07:32 AM
For those with "Splatoon" is there a way to play offline co-op?
My kids bought the game and it looks like the only way to do that is in the Dojo and it's 1v1.
Any way they can play with one another, split-screen, against bots, or other people online?
Otherwise, this game is being returned.

souljahbill
06-02-2015, 06:02 PM
For those with "Splatoon" is there a way to play offline co-op?
My kids bought the game and it looks like the only way to do that is in the Dojo and it's 1v1.
Any way they can play with one another, split-screen, against bots, or other people online?
Otherwise, this game is being returned.

Guess you're returning it because that's the only local co-op mode.

Hank
06-03-2015, 09:15 AM
Guess you're returning it because that's the only local co-op mode.

LOL, yup, already returned.

My kids were super-bummed out. They really wanted that game and were looking forward to playing together.

It's just like Disney Infinity 1.0. Unless you had the same characters, you couldn't play together in any of the story boards.
We also returned that after an hour.

EDIT: Is there at least an online-coop mode? As in, both can play together against online opponents via splitscreen?

souljahbill
06-03-2015, 10:50 AM
Nope. That doesn't exist either

Hank
06-03-2015, 11:57 AM
Nope. That doesn't exist either

Bummer.

Thanks for the reply!