PDA

View Full Version : USC Stripped of 2004 BCS Title

CLW
06-06-2011, 03:54 PM
:USC: was stripped of its 2004 BCS title thanks to Reggie Bush et al. No champion from 2004.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=6632190

morsdraconis
06-06-2011, 03:58 PM
http://www.buzzpirates.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/nelson2.gif

Deuce
06-06-2011, 04:02 PM
http://www.buzzpirates.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/nelson2.gif

+1

iBrandon
06-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Even though it's stripped and they had an ineligible player on the team, they still were the better team.

ram29jackson
06-06-2011, 04:26 PM
the only thing that gets hurt is school history. No individuals get hurt. Guys went to the pros after the game and others got other jobs.....like was said above, they won the physical game and thats all that matters to the guys that were on the field.

...and so, Oklahoma gets the trophy sent to them haha

Deuce
06-06-2011, 04:32 PM

I could be wrong but I don't think anyone will be considered NC now. As an OU fan I would not want the trophy or any recognition whatsoever. Especially after the thumping we took. I'm sure the Stooper would agree as well.

CLW
06-06-2011, 04:37 PM
I could be wrong but I don't think anyone will be considered NC now. As an OU fan I would not want the trophy or any recognition whatsoever. Especially after the thumping we took. I'm sure the Stooper would agree as well.

That is correct. There was NO BCS Champion in 2004.

ram29jackson
06-06-2011, 04:53 PM
That is correct. There was NO BCS Champion in 2004.

haha, there never actually has been because theres never been a playoff to begin with haha.

that being said, its pretty stupid. Number 2 should now be number 1 because they were in the game.

souljahbill
06-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Is this the year USC and LSU won split NCs or another season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cody
06-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Hope tOSU doesn't get stripped of their season due to this.

baseballplyrmvp
06-06-2011, 08:25 PM

it should be expected, since osu knowingly played 5 inelligible players the whole season, whereas reggie bush was only inelligible from dec 04 to the end of the 05 season.

JBHuskers
06-06-2011, 11:37 PM

I think they're in for getting bent over by the NCAA.

psusnoop
06-07-2011, 11:09 AM
the only thing that gets hurt is school history. No individuals get hurt. Guys went to the pros after the game and others got other jobs.....like was said above, they won the physical game and thats all that matters to the guys that were on the field.

Ram you might want to ask the USC players that couldn't go to a bowl game and get the perks and such during their bowl ban if it "hurt" them. My guess is they aren't jumping up and down happy about it that is for sure.

psusnoop
06-07-2011, 11:10 AM

You can count it as already a done deal that this is happening.

AustinWolv
06-07-2011, 12:29 PM
I think they're in for getting bent over by the NCAA.

Very much so, if the evidence coming out continues to support that they attempted to hide their violations willingly.

AustinWolv
06-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Ram you might want to ask the USC players that couldn't go to a bowl game and get the perks and such during their bowl ban if it "hurt" them. My guess is they aren't jumping up and down happy about it that is for sure.

I'd say it also sucks for the backup players and such on that championship team who weren't on the take, getting perks, etc.

Cody
06-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Who said those players were ineligible for the whole season?

ram29jackson
06-07-2011, 06:34 PM

by hurt, i mean actually punished for doing something individually or losing thousands of dollars or doing jail time.

and furthermore, If youre a really good college player with a chance for the pros and also smart, you realize this is just a stepping stone towards the future. players/athletes like to play, the only thing this does is take one more game a year away from them....you see, ..all this pseudo punishment stuff is meaningless...no one goes to jail, its not against the law, there will never be a death penalty like SMU. if any USC bench warmer is upset about this, its a waste of his time. All i'm saying is, any lesser player on the team...this incident wont matter a few years from now or even tomorrow in their individual lives.

the only person that suffered was the person who lost his job to Pat Haden and I doubt that man is hurting financially.

If they actually cared, they should have already fired Kiffin because he has been a joke everywhere he goes whether he is a good ball coach or not

AustinWolv
06-07-2011, 06:54 PM

What? Nobody.

They lost their place in official history. That kinda has to suck.

baseballplyrmvp
06-07-2011, 08:45 PM

no one has officially said it, but tressel was getting emails and made aware of the tat5 situation before the season started, as early as april 2010. the fact that tressel lied about it makes it even worse and osu should be punished accordingly, imo.

psusnoop
06-08-2011, 08:10 AM
by hurt, i mean actually punished for doing something individually or losing thousands of dollars or doing jail time.

and furthermore, If youre a really good college player with a chance for the pros and also smart, you realize this is just a stepping stone towards the future. players/athletes like to play, the only thing this does is take one more game a year away from them....you see, ..all this pseudo punishment stuff is meaningless...no one goes to jail, its not against the law, there will never be a death penalty like SMU. if any USC bench warmer is upset about this, its a waste of his time. All i'm saying is, any lesser player on the team...this incident wont matter a few years from now or even tomorrow in their individual lives.

the only person that suffered was the person who lost his job to Pat Haden and I doubt that man is hurting financially.

If they actually cared, they should have already fired Kiffin because he has been a joke everywhere he goes whether he is a good ball coach or not

What would be your suggestion to the problem then? Would you allow the Universities to keep all awards won even if found to be guilty of breaking the NCAA rules?

If so, where would that leave the NCAA in a year or two?

ram29jackson
06-08-2011, 04:00 PM
What would be your suggestion to the problem then? Would you allow the Universities to keep all awards won even if found to be guilty of breaking the NCAA rules?

If so, where would that leave the NCAA in a year or two?

why does what I say, mean to you, keeping their awards would be cool to me ?
they did something against house rules and got awards taken away. But where is there any punishment for anyone?

lets see..Reggie dominated college ball and then got millions and a Super bowl ring.....the charismatic coach won alot of games and got a head coaching pro job and made the playoffs - although he made the playoffs in a very pathetic fashion haha.

USC will go back to being what they were in the 80s. One of the better PAC schools with a winning tradition LOL only giving out the average dollar white envelopes and not playing dirty like the big boys for a while.....

JeffHCross
06-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Who said those players were ineligible for the whole season?The NCAA.

The Notice of Allegations, an official step in any NCAA investigation, notes that by hiding that information, Tressel allowed "football student-athletes to compete while ineligible," a sign that the Buckeyes likely will be forced to vacate their 11 wins from the 2010 season for using ineligible players.

psusnoop
06-10-2011, 12:28 PM
why does what I say, mean to you, keeping their awards would be cool to me ?
they did something against house rules and got awards taken away. But where is there any punishment for anyone?

lets see..Reggie dominated college ball and then got millions and a Super bowl ring.....the charismatic coach won alot of games and got a head coaching pro job and made the playoffs - although he made the playoffs in a very pathetic fashion haha.

USC will go back to being what they were in the 80s. One of the better PAC schools with a winning tradition LOL only giving out the average dollar white envelopes and not playing dirty like the big boys for a while.....

It would be cool to you which is fine, but to say that it doesn't matter and doesn't hurt anyone is what I was getting at. I for one don't ever want to see college football become something that is paying hidden money to athletes knowing there is zero punishment should they get caught. That would ruin college football. Does it happen sure, but the NCAA has and will continue to throw out bowl bans, take away wins and championships and recruiting restrictions for those that break the rules. As they should to try their best to deter those Universities.

ram29jackson
06-10-2011, 04:32 PM
As they should to try their best to deter those Universities.

obviously, no ones being detered. I said it before, I'll say it again. Schools doing dishonest things to get players is the culture for a good percentage of the top 40 schools, not the bizarre rarity.

psusnoop
06-13-2011, 08:23 AM
obviously, no ones being detered. I said it before, I'll say it again. Schools doing dishonest things to get players is the culture for a good percentage of the top 40 schools, not the bizarre rarity.

How many is good percentage?

ram29jackson
06-13-2011, 05:08 PM
How many is good percentage?

15 to 20 schools in the top 40/45

psusnoop
06-13-2011, 05:38 PM
And 3 of them recently got caught as well, something I think you will see more of now that the NCAA and Media seem to be on the hunt.