PDA

View Full Version : Week 8, 2016

Oneback
06-04-2011, 08:14 PM
=============== Oklahoma Sooners (3-3) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma lost 51-28 against Texas A&M (4-2).
This week, the Sooners travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (1-4).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) C Marcus Burks has committed to Virginia Tech
- (***) CB Jesse Martin has committed to BYU
- (****) WR Kyle Burke has committed to Nebraska
- (****) LT Lawrence Denman has committed to Oklahoma
- (****) LOLB Mitch Gray has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #4 Clemson Tigers (7-0) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 24-7 against NC State (2-4).
This week, the Tigers travel to Blacksburg to face the #5 Virginia Tech Hokies (7-0).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Jason Morris has committed to Auburn
- (****) RE Joey Davis has committed to Clemson
- (*****) WR Brad Jackson has committed to Florida State

=============== #11 Florida State Seminoles (4-2) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 63-6 against Virginia (2-4).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (1-5).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) DT Marc Levine has committed to Texas
- (*****) RT Trevor Murphy has committed to Florida State
- (*****) TE Cory Romero has committed to Virginia Tech
- (****) WR Brandon Jones has committed to Florida State

=============== #3 Miami Hurricanes (7-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 51-7 against Maryland (2-4).
This week, the Hurricanes travel to Atlanta to face the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (4-2).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Adam Anderson has committed to Miami
- (*****) HB Todd Butler has committed to Miami

=============== #1 Michigan Wolverines (6-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 45-24 against Florida (5-1).
This week, the Wolverines travel to University Park to face the #6 Penn State Nittany Lions (6-1).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Grant Lester has committed to Michigan
- (*****) TE Mark Harrison has committed to Penn State
- (****) MLB Anthony Scott has committed to Florida

=============== #13 Texas A&M Aggies (4-2) ===============
Last week, Texas A&M won 51-28 against Oklahoma (3-3).
This week, the Aggies will host UCLA (2-4).
In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB David Battle has committed to Texas A&M
- (****) RT John Scott has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) SS Derrick Boyd has committed to Utah
- (****) WR Kyle Burke has committed to Nebraska

=============== #6 Penn State Nittany Lions (6-1) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 37-31 against Wisconsin (2-4).
This week, the Nittany Lions will host #1 Michigan (6-0).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT Steven Allen has committed to Navy
- (***) P Casey Singleton has committed to Penn State
- (****) CB Kyle Wright has committed to Penn State

=============== Oregon Ducks (4-3) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 46-29 against Cal (1-4).
This week, the Ducks will host #9 USC (4-1).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LT Robby Beach has committed to Oregon
- (****) WR Robert Smith has committed to Nebraska
- (***) RE Dustin Gibson has committed to Oregon
- (****) HB Stephen Murphy has committed to Stanford

=============== #9 USC Trojans (4-1) ===============
Last week, USC won 38-27 against Texas Tech (1-3).
This week, the Trojans travel to Eugene to face the Oregon Ducks (4-3).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Grant Lester has committed to Michigan
- (****) LG Caleb Causey has committed to Utah
- (****) CB Patrick Carpenter has committed to Iowa State
- (****) WR Charles White has committed to Nebraska
- (****) P Josh Newton has committed to USC
- (****) CB Lance Wilson has committed to USC
- (****) CB Evan Oliver has committed to USC

=============== #5 Virginia Tech Hokies (7-0) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 38-26 against North Carolina (2-4).
This week, the Hokies will host #4 Clemson (7-0).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) C Marcus Burks has committed to Virginia Tech
- (****) LG Brad Hall has committed to Virginia Tech
- (*****) TE Cory Romero has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (7-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 77-0 against Oregon State (2-3).
This week, the Longhorns are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) C Jeff Williams has committed to Texas
- (*****) RE Jason Levine has committed to Texas
- (*****) DT Marc Levine has committed to Texas
- (*****) SS Matt Gates has committed to Texas
- (*****) HB Matt Greer has committed to Texas

=============== #23 Wisconsin Badgers (2-4) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin lost 37-31 against Penn State (6-1).
This week, the Badgers travel to Iowa City to face the Iowa Hawkeyes (4-2).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RT John Scott has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) MLB Anthony Scott has committed to Florida

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RcSinger
06-04-2011, 09:26 PM
matchup of top 5 teams, #4 Clemson vs #5 Va Tech.

When do you wantto try to play Escobar?

Oneback
06-04-2011, 10:25 PM
In what was probably my last user game of NCAA 11, it also became my most frustrating. An errant pitch and a QB hit/float ball both returned for defensive touchdowns was all the Penn State offense could muster the first three quarters of the game. Unfortunately for the Wolverines, while they were able to put up yards, they could never make it to the end zone, until the 4th quarter when they were able to put up 14 points. By then however, Penn State was able to put one score on the board making it a 21-14 game.

Michigan had its chance with two minutes to go in the game when Penn State faced a 4th and medium situation and decided to go for the win, the front six of the Michigan defense did their job and hit the QB right in the mouth, however he had just enough time to get the ball out to the halfback and the safety played to the outside as the halfback dipped back inside to seal the game.

Coach Oneback could be seen physically accosting the strong safety a la Bob Knight, letting him know that our defense is designed to take away the middle of the field first. Medical Staff arrived on scene shortly after to attend to the wounds suffered at the hands of Coach Oneback.

Despite a stellar record with Michigan it is unclear what penalties the Athletic Director will hand out.

JeffHCross
06-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Booooooooooooo ... this recruiting class is not turning out nearly as well as I hoped.

psusnoop
06-05-2011, 06:48 AM
My last two user games against Gschwendt and Oneback have been very tight and low scoring (went into OT against Wisky). I have been trying to mix in my 3-4, 3-3-5, 2-4-5 defense to create pressure and throw off the timing of the QB's a little.

I'm not sure why my offense is so stagnant though right now, I seem to have regressed and if NCAA11 wasn't winding down I'd be changing to the Fresno State playbook for next season. I couldn't create any real solid running lanes and I once again forced way to many throws on offense.

GG OB

JeffHCross
06-05-2011, 12:37 PM
My last two user games against Gschwendt and Oneback have been very tight and low scoring37-31 is low scoring? You and I need to have a talk. :smh:

I know it was double overtime ... but it wasn't "low scoring" going into OT either.

I seem to have regressed and if NCAA11 wasn't winding down I'd be changing to the Fresno State playbook for next season.IMO, there's no reason to wait for NCAA 12 to try out some stuff offensively. You don't have any more user games this season, right? Just switch to Fresno for the rest of the season. The playbooks (and gameplay) is similar enough in NCAA 12 that you'll benefit from practice time now.

JeffHCross
06-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Was -1 on all three of the guys I lost this week and had done 191 points of negative recruiting between the three last week. Ouch.

psusnoop
06-05-2011, 02:19 PM
37-31 is low scoring? You and I need to have a talk. :smh:

I know it was double overtime ... but it wasn't "low scoring" going into OT either.

I guess I could have gotten a little more long winded on my statement but basically it was 10-10 going into the 4th before the gates opened up. G, hit me on a 2 play drive and broke open one of the left side that anyone could have scored on from 45yds out. I had a chance to user tackle but I over committed to the outside.

IMO, there's no reason to wait for NCAA 12 to try out some stuff offensively. You don't have any more user games this season, right? Just switch to Fresno for the rest of the season. The playbooks (and gameplay) is similar enough in NCAA 12 that you'll benefit from practice time now.

No I'll be switching it up, I just meant more towards user vs user games breaking it out.

psuexv
06-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Kingpin, when do you want to play

psuexv
06-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Was -1 on all three of the guys I lost this week and had done 191 points of negative recruiting between the three last week. Ouch.

That's ok, I've been #1 on the #1 T all year and soft for the last two weeks, gave him 60 minutes every week and Prime jumped me this week and signed him

JeffHCross
06-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Inspired by the music pumping throughout Kyle Field for the entire game, the Texas A&M Aggies destroy UCLA, 54-7.

Sean Williams returned the opening kickoff, untouched, 84 yards for a touchdown, and the rout was on. A&M led 35-0 at halftime and had held UCLA to under 50 first half offensive yards. A&M ended up with 469 offensive yards to the Bruins' 154.

Matt Stanley led an unstoppable Aggie running game, with 202 yards on 26 carries and 1 touchdown. Greg Patterson added 96 yards and 2 touchdowns as the Aggies combined for 330 total rushing yards.

Unfortunately, it wasn't all good news for College Station. A 3rd quarter sack cost QB Keith Shuler the rest of his season. Thankfully, Patrick Melton was last year's starter, and is expected to replace Shuler with no drop-off in production.

psusnoop
06-05-2011, 04:01 PM
I thought kingpin was on autopilot right now?

RcSinger
06-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Please explain to me how it is that whoever I play and whatever their defensive ratings, I cannot get a passing game going. Every time you (Escobar) ran a pass play there was someone open however I had few open receivers and every DB you had went for the pick and got it; several AI controlled players got the pick.

Why is it that I fumble twice in the game and your team recovers both but my team forces 4 fumbles and doesn't recover any?

Don't mistake me, I know you are great at the game and I am not trying to take anything away from you, but my team was rated higher than yours in 2 categories yet your team played as if it were 3 categories higher than mine.

What am I missing? Are there certain plays with routes that just get in the open every time? Are there certain gameplanning strategies that I am oblivious to? Please help me understand.

Oneback
06-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Were you playing on the road? If so, there is your answer.

RcSinger
06-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Nope, playing at home

psusnoop
06-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Momentum really plays a huge factor in things too, probably way to much to be honest. Once a team gets things rolling it can be hard to stay in the game. I still remember when OB hammered at PSU something like 52-14 or something sick like that. Nothing I did worked no matter how much I tried.

So who remains, USC and???

fsuprime
06-05-2011, 09:22 PM
just another reason to celebrate the release of ncaa 2012 :)

Kingpin32
06-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Kingpin, when do you want to play

I'm on autopilot right now.

psuexv
06-06-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm on autopilot right now.

Cool - I'll get it in tonight then

RcSinger
06-06-2011, 12:06 PM
What coverages do you guys use? How do you identify the coverages that your opponent is using and how do you know who to throw to?

I use a mix of cover 2 man, cover 1 man (if I expect run), cover 2 zone and cover 3 zone and press/zone. Seems as if regardless of my choice, there are open receivers and often it will be the same routes.

Two things that stood out to me were that he was hitting plays across the middle just underneath the deep safteys and the same routes (post) were rarely ever open for me. The second was that his DB's played very agressive in both man and Zone while mine played off their receiver and rarely went for the pick. Sometimes i had a zone defender within steps of the receiver and all he had to do was just step up and in front of the receiver for the swat or pick but instead just watched him catch the ball. Several of his DB's were in man and defending a slant out. My receiver had outside position but his DB was still able to pick the ball off. There has to be something I am missing.

ryby6969
06-06-2011, 01:37 PM
I can't speak for certain, but I believe Escobar sets pass coverage to Aggressive but he also switches to the defender to get user picks. You typically have a better chance at getting a pick by trying to user the defender rather than letting the cpu do it for you.

As far as routes versus certain coverages, posts and flag routes work against man or zone most of the time. Flag routes against cover 2 are money, as are flag routes with a fast TE against a LB in man. I would be willing to bet, every member of this dynasty has 1-2 reads per pass play that they call, in which they KNOW 1 of the receivers will get open, the only question is having time to throw the ball.

Escobar is the most aggressive player that I have played in this dynasty. He goes for broke in every way possible. He has no problem in turning the ball over or giving up a big play on defense, because more times than not he will get enough big plays to negate what he gives up. His offense is also very different, which can also cause problems.

JeffHCross
06-06-2011, 07:12 PM
You typically have a better chance at getting a pick by trying to user the defender rather than letting the cpu do it for you.Some people do. Not me. :D :smh: :fdown:

Escobar
06-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Please explain to me how it is that whoever I play and whatever their defensive ratings, I cannot get a passing game going. Every time you (Escobar) ran a pass play there was someone open however I had few open receivers and every DB you had went for the pick and got it; several AI controlled players got the pick.

Why is it that I fumble twice in the game and your team recovers both but my team forces 4 fumbles and doesn't recover any?

Don't mistake me, I know you are great at the game and I am not trying to take anything away from you, but my team was rated higher than yours in 2 categories yet your team played as if it were 3 categories higher than mine.

What am I missing? Are there certain plays with routes that just get in the open every time? Are there certain gameplanning strategies that I am oblivious to? Please help me understand.

Well the ratings can throw you off, because of how I play my system or run my D. Especially in my secondary I only look at one or two individual ratings to determine my starters no matter what their OVR is. So my best player for my system could have the worse OVR rating. Also on offense I had enough time to read your coverages. One TD I saw you were in Cover 2 so I hit the post above the linebackers inbetween the safeties. Also my QB is a 99 OVR with 95 accuracy so I can make some throws I couldn't make with other QB's. The picks are related to gameplanning strategies and my corners athleticism. I always get alot of picks with my corners, User or CPU controlled.

Escobar
06-06-2011, 08:36 PM
I can't speak for certain, but I believe Escobar sets pass coverage to Aggressive but he also switches to the defender to get user picks. You typically have a better chance at getting a pick by trying to user the defender rather than letting the cpu do it for you.

You sir are correct.

Escobar is the most aggressive player that I have played in this dynasty. He goes for broke in every way possible. He has no problem in turning the ball over or giving up a big play on defense, because more times than not he will get enough big plays to negate what he gives up. His offense is also very different, which can also cause problems.

I like to pattern my offense after Oregon's w/o the constant no huddle, I like to switch formations too much for that. It makes me feel limited in my playcalling. I also input some of Gus Malzahn's philosophy, "A cloudy mind equals slow feet." With custom playbooks next year, I think that I can truly take my offense to the next level.

JeffHCross
06-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooo

gschwendt
06-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Not sure who else is left but don't let me hold you guys up... not sure when I'll be able to get my game in.

psuexv
06-07-2011, 08:02 AM
When I logged off last night it was Tommy and looked like OB needed to recruit.

RcSinger
06-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Well the ratings can throw you off, because of how I play my system or run my D. Especially in my secondary I only look at one or two individual ratings to determine my starters no matter what their OVR is. So my best player for my system could have the worse OVR rating.

I have tried this, but because of the often low AWR rating, it ends up making my overall team play worse. Usually those higher rated players in particular categories end up blowing plays for me. case in point my attempt to put in my backup QB who has much better passing ratings but went 5 of 16 against UNC.

What specific ratings are you referring to? I don't know what to look for or how to choose my starters.

Also on offense I had enough time to read your coverages. One TD I saw you were in Cover 2 so I hit the post above the linebackers inbetween the safeties.
So what is your first look? Do you look at the top level and ID cv1 cv2 or cv3 and then make a route choice? do you always have a route scheme with options on each level of the D?

The picks are related to gameplanning strategies and my corners athleticism. I always get alot of picks with my corners, User or CPU controlled.
Gameplanning as in aggressive pass defense? what about the individual zone D and man D?

Escobar
06-07-2011, 03:05 PM
I'll PM you so I don't give away my strategy to the whole OD. lol

RcSinger
06-07-2011, 04:31 PM

Lol. Thanx

psusnoop
06-07-2011, 07:50 PM

Boooo, :D

JeffHCross
06-07-2011, 10:01 PM
I'll PM you so I don't give away my strategy to the whole OD. lolI'd be curious to find out what your strategy is ... only to find out how it changes in NCAA 12. That's the one thing I'm really looking forward to. See who adjusts and who doesn't.

JeffHCross
06-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooo+20

Escobar
06-07-2011, 11:00 PM
I'd be curious to find out what your strategy is ... only to find out how it changes in NCAA 12. That's the one thing I'm really looking forward to. See who adjusts and who doesn't.

It probably won't change. I've been running the same D and scheme for around 3-4 years.

psusnoop
06-08-2011, 06:33 AM
+20

+21