PDA

View Full Version : THE Ohio State Buckeyes 2011-2012 Thread

Cody
06-04-2011, 09:41 AM
I figured there was a Nebraska thread, so may as well make one.

Who do you guys think takes over at QB?

I think we have a situation similar to the one we had in 07 with Boeckman and Pryor. This year we have it with Bauserman and Miller. I can't see Graham getting the nod over Miller, and I honestly don't think Guiton is in the equation. I want to see Miller start at QB right away.

Discuss away

JeffHCross
06-05-2011, 12:46 PM
I request a moderator make "THE" into normal case.

As for the QB situation ... if Pryor is expected back, I don't want to see Miller. I understand the argument that Miller would bring more continuity to the offense, but I see no reason to burn a redshirt year for 5 games. It's illogical at best and foolish at worst. Guiton would be a better choice in that situation.

If Pryor's investigation causes Coach Fickell to believe that Pryor will not be returning to the Ohio Stadium field, then Miller should be allowed to participate in open competition. The one possible positive turn of events is that perhaps Fickell won't defer to the seniors quite as much as Tressel did. If a freshman is the most talented, so be it.

Personally, I would like to see Taylor Graham start, but I admit that's unlikely. He has the best arm, but will probably not be able to get out of the way of enough of the inevitable sacks that our offensive line will give up.