PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid Collection (360, PS3) - November 2011

I OU a Beatn
06-02-2011, 07:29 PM
The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will contain Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. It will feature new user interfaces for the HD resolutions, redrawn art, brand new Trophies/Achievements, right analog stick and rumble support, and improved audio.

Oh yeah, this is going to be awesome. I wonder why they didn't include MGS1.

SmoothPancakes
06-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Oh hell yes! Sons of Liberty was my first ever MGS game. Oh the hours I spent on that game. And yeah, that sucks they didn't include MGS1.

oweb26
06-02-2011, 08:45 PM
As much as I like Metal Gear I kinda think thats a game I want to leave in my nostalgic memory. Honestly I don't think I have the patience to play any of the old ones now. lol

I did love the shit out of Guns of the Patriots though.

gschwendt
06-02-2011, 10:52 PM
They're also giving some of the Silent Hill games a makeover but sadly as well, they're not doing it for the PS1 Silent Hill 1, only Silent Hill 2 & 3.

I assume it has to do with too much work to give updated models, texture, movement, etc., might as well create a new game at that point but I assure you, if they updated Silent Hill 1 to today's standards, I'd pay $60 for it.

morsdraconis
06-02-2011, 10:55 PM
I haven't like Metal Gear since the NES game so this is of little interest to me. I tried to play Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 and both of them were not interesting to me in the slightest.

gschwendt
06-02-2011, 11:07 PM
I haven't like Metal Gear since the NES game so this is of little interest to me. I tried to play Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 and both of them were not interesting to me in the slightest.
No.

JBHuskers
06-03-2011, 09:18 AM
I'll definitely get this.

I OU a Beatn
06-03-2011, 09:58 AM
No.

:D

MGS4 is one of the greatest games of all time, IMO. I played through the other ones a long time ago but I'll more than happily play through them again for some achievements/trophies. Looks like Peace Walker is coming as a standalone release so I'll have to get that too since I never had a PSP to play it before.

JBHuskers
06-03-2011, 10:25 AM
I absolutely LOVED the original. Never played the others so I'm stoked for it.